EHM help

lanky316

Ok to cut a boring story short I needed to buy something that'll give me a £10 note in change, as a result I bought EHM for a fiver from Game.

Now the fun starts, I know so bloody little about Hockey and management of said sport that I could do with a little assitance. As always with management games I don't see the point at starting at the top, even if I'm learning the game over this time. I'm learning the basics of the game through the manual but what about the sport.

That's where you guys come in, can you guys suggest a league and side where my failure won't end up with me being decapitated by angry fans and ending my career in disgrace early. Also could you give me any tips which I'm likely to find useful?

Ok to cut a boring story short I needed to buy something that'll give me a £10 note in change, as a result I bought EHM for a fiver from Game.

Now the fun starts, I know so bloody little about Hockey and management of said sport that I could do with a little assitance.  As always with management games I don't see the point at starting at the top, even if I'm learning the game over this time.  I'm learning the basics of the game through the manual but what about the sport.

That's where you guys come in, can you guys suggest a league and side where my failure won't end up with me being decapitated by angry fans and ending my career in disgrace early.  Also could you give me any tips which I'm likely to find useful?

Edited by CKN

It's just the regular NHL EHM. I've had a quick look around the interface and been playing a wee bit as a feeler with the Edinburgh Capitals, seem to be getting to grips with some of the basics well but no real idea as to what I'm doing, go to tactics, ask assistant to pick and watch games. It's got results but lets be honest, no real challenge in not doing anything but I've got a feel for it now at least :)

Hockey tatics are just to varied from team to team so it's hard to suggest what to do. Normally you're last line is a grinder line (guys that can hit etc...) and you other three lines are based on what those guys can do.

Use fhockey and it'll give you tips on how to run your team and all that business.

Guest Bluesman

There are also power play lines, which is where you have 5 guys on the ice and the other team has 4 (sometimes 3) because they commited a penalty. For these lines you want your best offensive players on the ice. Likewise their are penalty killing lines, for when you commit penalties. You'll want your best defensive players on the ice.

To go on about the 4 lines further, you'll have the checking line, which are the grinders and checkers that were referred to. Most of your scoring should come from your top 2 lines, as these generally will be your best offensive players. The last line is to be filled with young players, enforcers, scoring depth, etc.