The Battle for Jarretts Soul

Guest 6(sic)6

FORWARD

First of all, I know that alot of you will be skeptical about this diary and immidietly start to nit pick at it about never being as good as Dukes but I know that, and I am not starting this Diary to rival the BVS. In my opinion there is no Diary writer out there who can hold a candle to his work. As a matter of fact, I had a pretty good convo with Dukes about the whole idea and he seemed to think it was a decent idea. Not to say he was excited about it but he gave me a few pointers and then shot me the double thumbs up. So dont think I am just stealing this idea without permission. Because thats the least of your worries.

The writing will be done, for the most part, as he did his. I dont believe I can do a Virch tho because...come one. haha. But I will try my best to make the shows seem credible and nice to read. Of course, I will be borrowing the First Person Perspective that he used in his matches that starred Andy.

Let me back up a minute. I know that most of you who read the BVS are thinking to yourself, "Is this guy an idiot? Jarrett got saved in the BVS." This Diary is going to take place in an altered state of reality, just like all other Diarys on this forum. Disregard what you remember from the BVS. Well except for the rules of course.

If you read this then I thank you.

If you decide not to read it because you seem to think it isnt as good. Then thats your decision.

-sic

Chapter 1

Backstory: Being Assigned

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Sacramento, CA

I was at the Kirbys Liqour Store near Walnut BLV -- barely even 2 blocks away from my 1 bedroom studio. As I got out off my bike and layed it next to the door I caught a glimse of a black car -- I couldnt make out what kind it was -- driving past me slowly. I shook my head and then turned around before walking into the Store. As soon as I stepped into the Market the black car pulled to a stop -- making a loud screeching noise that hurt my ears in the process.

I walked around to the back and grabbed to 40 oz. of Mickey's. From the front of the Market I heard a shuffle and someone screaming that he wanted all the money. All I wanted was to get drunk. I heard a loud bang and it echoed through my ears like a loud bell. I dropped the 40 oz. and it broke on the hard tiled floor. There was a ruffle in the front of the Market and I tried my best to hide.

Someone screamed for them to find me as I shoved myself in back of the Chip's Holder. I suddenly hear the clang of a Metal object followed by a loud BANG.

I sit up from the bed, sweat is pouring from my forehead. What a dream that was. I have never felt anything that real in my life.

I whipe the sweat away and take a glance around the room. Its pure white, almost as if there is nothing there. This isnt my room. I pull the covers aside and pull my feet out from under them before setting them on the cold, hard floor. I look down and see that I am wearing black Khaki pants and a Black Pink Floyd T-Shirt. This is the same clothing that I was wearing in that dream. It has to be a coincidence. I stand up and feel a sharp pain in my chest. I hold my chest for a few seconds and then the pain slowly goes away.

"Is anyone here?"

No answer.

"Where am I? Can anyone here me? Hello!!!"

Out of the corner of my eye I see the brightest light I have ever seen. It flashes on and off, as if it where a Strobe light. I place my hand in a cup over my eye's to sheald them from the brightness.

"Who's there?"

I hear a voice coming from the light...

"Dani King...Frightened you must not be...Step forward into the light..."

Thats wierd. I dont know anyone with that deep a voice. It was loud and booming but not scary. Almost Fatherly...but that Voice didnt belong to anyone I knew. I stepped foward, almost as if I were in a trance, and began to walk forward. My eye's didnt hurt even as I got closer to the light -- as a matter of fact they felt better.

As the light slowly began to get dimmer, I saw a man standing in front of me. He wore a tunic which was gray in color. His hair was bright white -- Just the same as the bright light that had engulfed me a few seconds ago. In his left hand was a book, only it wasnt normal sized. It was nearly a foot long and 2 feet wide. Yet he held the book with the most ease. Hooked on his white belt where a set of Giant Keys. I dont know why but this seemed farmiliar to me. I looked beyond him and say a gate. It seemed almost 100 feet high. I couldnt take my eyes off it, almost as if it where drawing me to it.

"Do you know why you are here, Mr. King?"

"I dont know...I think I know...No I dont. I was having a wierd dream. Whats going on?"

"Your dream is over, my child. This is more real than any dream you could imagine. Do you know who I am?"

"Judging by the Tunic and beard..Santa Claus?"

He smirks and shakes his head. I chuckle to myself but it comes to me...

"S...s...St. Peter?"

"You are correct, my child. Look down at your chest."

I slowly looked down and realized that the shirt I was wearing, not two minutes ago, was gone and in its place was a big hole. What is going on? I stare up at St. Peter and begin to panic. He puts his hand to my shoulder and says...

"Stay Calm, my child. You have passed. It is the most natural thing in this world. The man whom you hid from in the Market shot you dead as you hid behind one of the Sections."

"No, that was a d..d...dream."

"Once again Dani. I apoligize, but this is no dream."

"So why arent the Pearly Gates opening for me?"

"Something you dont understand is that sometimes people die before their time of reckoning. You died at the age of 23. You were not scheduled to die until your late 60's."

"So now I have to sit here for 37 years?"

"No you wont be HERE" His smile made me feel good inside. "You see, Mr. King, those who die before there time on earth is finished become guardians of the living. They spend time controlling what they do, say and think -- within the limits. Their missions are to save the souls of others with whom are on a pathway to personal Destruction."

I thought about what he said for a minute. This has to be a dream. This cant be real, it doesnt make alot of sense to be. But I grew up with the frame of mind that when you die you die. Whats going on?

"Ok sir." I finally blurted out. "At the moment lets Assume this is all correct and not a lie -- and I'm not sure what it is -- what am i assigned to do?"

"It all depends who what you mean. Who you will be, or whom you shal be saving?"

"Save. Let's begin from there."

"Well, I chose someone who you would have something in common with. Not to mention a personal interest in." Interest? Me? I dont know who this could be. Would it be my mom? Mabye a Musician? How about a friend of mine or an ex girlfriend? What if it where Marilyn Manson, that would be odd to say the least.

St. Peter stepped around a potium that stood in front of the Pearly Gates. He pulled out a box with files that seemed as if they specially made for this subject, as they where full and stretching. He pulled out a folder, on its front was a picture. I couldnt make it out from here though. He walked over to me and handed me the folder. Only an idiot couldnt see who this was. The blonde hair, the goatee, the sunglasses. I knew who this was alright. No wonder I was assigned to this case.

"Farmiliar with this man, Mr. King?"

"Of course I am. This is Jeff Jarrett, head of NWA's Total Nonstop Action promotion. He's almost as much of a household name as Hulk Hogan is."

"He is also a lost soul. We currently have 4 people on his case -- 2 like you, and 2 intermediaries. The two have been told you will be arriving."

"But wait...How are they going to know who I am? How am I supposed to know who is like me?"

"It will all be explained when you get there. The main thing right now is this. Are you up to the challenge?"

Usually my eyes would open right now...but they didnt. This was all to real. I paused for a minute, hoping I would wate up, finally I couldnt avoid it anymore -- im dead. St. Peter is standing right in front of me. Mabye I should say yes right now, as to avoid the fiery depths of...you know.

"Count me in."

"Great. When you wake up tomorrow morning, you wont be looking at yourself in the mirror. You will be someone else -- and no matter who you become in the weeks coming you --"

"Whoa whoa, hold on a minute...Who I become in the coming weeks? I was under the impression I was going to be one person. Your having me change people?"

"Yes. When you get down there, you will be filled in by an Intermediary. As I was about to say. You will always be a member of the Total Nonstop Action Promotion. Be it a wrestler, a road agent, a referre, an announcer or someone who hands out Towels. The best way to reclaim Mr. Jarrett is by having people who are close to him help to have him see his errors."

I looked back at where I came, expecting to see my bed -- only it wasnt there. The whiteness continued into oblivion and I turned my head back to St. Peter.

"Are you ready, Dani?"

"I guess so, but..."

I looked down at the gaping whole in my stomach.

"Ah Yes. The wound. Let me."

He leaned forward and pulled out a key from the keychain, still fastened onto his belt. He held in the center of the wound. I felt massive pressure on my stomach. Almost as if I were about to explode. After about 10-15 seconds he pulled it away. I looked down and was just as I saw myself when I got out of the bed.

"Its time, my son."

The area went from white to dark black, the kind of black I have never seen. I felt myself being sunk. Almost as if into quicksand. Then nothing. Not even a feeling of air touching me. I couldnt even feel my body.

Wait a minute, I thought to myslef, I dont think I have a body to feel anymore...since im dead.

I blacked out.

The alarm went off. I woke up with a start. I jerked my hand over and slapped the alarm. I pulled back my arm and began to rub my eyes. I then got out of my bed and sat down at the edge. I looked around and saw a number of things. A black tunic, similar to the one that was worn by St. Peter. On the walls were Replica Title Belts. One was from ROH and another was from UPW.

I saw a number of Ankh symbols hung on the wall and near the door was a pair of Rayban Glasses. I slowly got to my feet and walked to the bathroom. I went in while the light was off and put my hand on the switch. I closed my eyes. I flicked the light on. Time for the moment of truth I flicked it on and smiled.

I would be starting the week as a Champion.

I would be starting the week as a man whose nickname is the same as the situation that I am in.

I saw the bald head staring back at me and the Ankh tattoo underneath my neck bone.

I was The Fallen Angel.

The X Division Champion.

Christopher Daniels.

Your lack of ability to follow basic grammar or spelling rules leaves me in doubt that you can actually write something that doesn't suck let alone something that is good.

Let's just say it's a bad sign that you put the wrong word in your first post. It should be foreword not forward. Then half of your contractions don't have apostrophes in them. You have phrases that make no sense and the dialogue of your characters is weak.

I don't care if you talked to Dukes or God himself and he said you could go ahead and write it you can't write well enough to carry a story. Good luck on learning to write.

I'm not going to fill your diary with posts on this so I'll just edit in my response to you.

I am not being a dick I am telling the truth. What made BVS so good was that Dukes knows how to write. The story is a good idea and interesting but without quality writing it's going to suck. You have taken an already established idea, which I don't have a problem with, and tried to run with it.

To make this diary work you have to write everything well. So far you aren't doing a very good job. And that was my nice response. If I wanted to be a dick I would have highlighted all of the mistakes you made in your diary. I've responded in other people's diaries and told them about their bad grammar and they didn't act like a bitch and their writing ability wasn't as important to their diaries as it is in yours. Don't be a fucker because you don't like what I have to say. Flaming is when you just berate another poster. I can backup every statement I made about this diary. It's not flaming it's criticism and if you can't take it tough shit.

Edited by magell

Im sorry but did someone give you the right to be a dick in my Diary?

If your just going to flame this then dont respond. I know im not the best writer but I am trying.

If you dont like it then dont read it.

Im sorry but did someone give you the right to be a dick in my Diary?

If your just going to flame this then dont respond.  I know im not the best writer but I am trying.

If you dont like it then dont read it.

He's not breaking any rules. Also your diary would be at least like 30% better if you run it through spellcheck.

Edited by Adam Copeland's Stalker

I know he isnt doing anything wrong but he could at least have said it halfway nicely. I will run it through spellcheck from now on, its just I didnt use Word. I used Notepad.

And to answer you question Craig, yes I will be doing the Indy Bookings.

Hope you guys are liking the Diary. Chapter 2 should be up soon.

"What made BVS so good was that Dukes knows how to right"

If you are going to have a go over grammar at least get yours right. It makes your point of view more credible.

Any chance people can turn down their bitch dials? Too many diaries seem to crash and burn because people won't give the writers a chance.

Good luck and least you have the guts to try

Fair point oldskool but I still feel this diary deserves a chance. Its an interesting story and unless Dukes makes a claim of plagarism I don't see a major problem with this. It will be interesting to see what happens, It could be worse it could be another generic wwe 2005 diary that lasts a few posts.

(crosses fingers and hopes this one lasts)

I apologize for the lack of Updates but my Computer Crashed and I lost all of my Data, so I will have Chapter Two up ASAP. So please try to hang on and dont think this is dieing because for the love of god it isnt.

Just a piece of info, The shows will be posted in a seperate post. Dani's match will be put into the Chapter and it will continue, then a Rajah.com iMPACT Report will be posted in the next one.

PPV's will be done like in the BVS, with lengthy Results and also during the show there will be cut offs to backstage happenings.

Thanks for the good thoughts Ace, wigguk78, Future and Craig. Glad to know I dont have only Diary Haters.

Two will be up ASAP.

Guest Flair4TheGold

Your lack of ability to follow basic grammar or spelling rules leaves me in doubt that you can actually write something that doesn't suck let alone something that is good.

Let's just say it's a bad sign that you put the wrong word in your first post. It should be foreword not forward. Then half of your contractions don't have apostrophes in them. You have phrases that make no sense and the dialogue of your characters is weak.

I don't care if you talked to Dukes or God himself and he said you could go ahead and write it you can't write well enough to carry a story. Good luck on learning to write.

I'm not going to fill your diary with posts on this so I'll just edit in my response to you.

I am not being a dick I am telling the truth. What made BVS so good was that Dukes knows how to write. The story is a good idea and interesting but without quality writing it's going to suck. You have taken an already established idea, which I don't have a problem with, and tried to run with it.

To make this diary work you have to write everything well. So far you aren't doing a very good job. And that was my nice response. If I wanted to be a dick I would have highlighted all of the mistakes you made in your diary. I've responded in other people's diaries and told them about their bad grammar and they didn't act like a bitch and their writing ability wasn't as important to their diaries as it is in yours. Don't be a fucker because you don't like what I have to say. Flaming is when you just berate another poster. I can backup every statement I made about this diary. It's not flaming it's criticism and if you can't take it tough shit.

Guest ryan_the_canuck

For all the inaccuracies, typos and such you find in this person's work, I'm sure we'd find just as many in what you do. It's just that no one really pays much attention for obvious reasons.

Guest Flair4TheGold

For all the inaccuracies, typos and such you find in this person's work, I'm sure we'd find just as many in what you do. It's just that no one really pays much attention for obvious reasons.

See kids, this is what happens when you type before you think.

Guest ryan_the_canuck

See kids, this is what happens when you type before you think.