Anybody in here like Garage Rock

Valentina's Boyfriend

Recently I bought the Nuggets Box set and there are good bands on there. Of course it has the bands you hear on Classic Rock radio all times like Strawberry Alarm Clock, Paul Revere and the Radiers plus bands you dont hear like The leaves (does a great verison of Hey Joe) The Music Machine, Strangelove(the Original I Want Candy) and Ted Nugent's old band The Amboy Dukes and others.

I love it, I have the Nuggets compilation on vinyl actually. Bands like the Sonics, Monks, Seeds, Count Five, The Wailers (not to be confused with Bob Marley's group), and Roky Erikson and the 13th Floor Elevators are all great bands. Alot of people consider this the predecessor of punk rock, and I whole heartedly agree with. If you're really interested in garage rock, check out the following site...

Garage Punk

There is a great listing of old garage bands there, and also you can listen to the Wayback Machine which is a garage/punk/surf rock related radio show broadcasting out of St. Louis. I'm pretty sure it's on Monday Nights, a friend of mine has a podcast show on there somewhere as well. When you get to the site, click the "Wayback Machine" link which will take you to the main site.

I love it, I have the Nuggets compilation on vinyl actually. Bands like the Sonics, Monks, Seeds, Count Five, The Wailers (not to be confused with Bob Marley's group), and Roky Erikson and the 13th Floor Elevators are all great bands. Alot of people consider this the predecessor of punk rock, and I whole heartedly agree with. If you're really interested in garage rock, check out the following site...

Garage Punk

There is a great listing of old garage bands there, and also you can listen to the Wayback Machine which is a garage/punk/surf rock related radio show broadcasting out of St. Louis. I'm pretty sure it's on Monday Nights, a friend of mine has a podcast show on there somewhere as well. When you get to the site, click the "Wayback Machine" link which will take you to the main site.

? And The Mysterians are awesome

Quoted for emphasis, and I can't believe I forgot about them. The best part about them is the fact that their singer's legal name is actually ? (question mark).

That makes me want to change mine to "!" ^_^