WWE:TNA

March 18th, the final Smackdown show before Wrestlemania. On the show, we saw it open up with Rob Van Dam and Paul Heyman laying into the NWA Heavyweight champion, John Cena. After a few minutes of ranting, the champ came down to the ring. Matt Morgan joined them and an assault got under way. Cena was saved from a serious beat down by Ron "The Truth" Killings. Before Heyman, Morgan, and RVD could leave ringside, Eric Bischoff came out and booked the four men into a tag team match later on in the show. The team of Cena and Killings would go on to lose the match to Morgan and RVD after Morgan put Killings through a table and then he and RVD double teamed Cena until he couldn't stand. RVD took a second to pose over Cena with the NWA Heavyweight title.

- Emad Yehia d. Spanky through outside interference from Scott Steiner, A-Train, and the debuting Shawn Daivari

- Mark Jindrak d. Rhyno followed by a brawl with the IC title #1 contender Sonny Siaki

- Chase Stevens, Petey Williams, & Psicosis d. Paul London, Christopher Daniels, & Chris Sabin

- Angle Challenge: Kurt Angle d. Steven Richards, afterwards Richards challenges Angle to another "Angle Challenge" match at Road to Wrestlemania

- Main Event: Goldberg d. Mike Bucci

Goldberg goes on to defeat Mike Bucci (aka Nova) in under a minute, but Kurt Angle comes down to ring to help his team mate. Goldberggoes toe to toe with the Olympic gold medalist, but ends up being blind sided by Batista from behind. The show goes off the air after Batista hits the Demon Bomb in the center of the ring and then taunts Goldberg to get up.

March 24th, the final Road to Wrestlemania show before Wrestlemania. Vince McMahon comes out and makes a huge announcement that on this very night, the night before Wrestlemania 20, a surprise draft would take place. The draft ended up sending Chris Benoit, Shelton Benjamin, Randy Orton, Frankie Kazarian, and Chris Jericho to Smackdown, while Mike Bucci, Danny Basham, AMW, and Kane were sent to Raw. The changes would not affect the matches already booked for Wrestlemania, except Benoit's move. Unless he was to be traded back to Raw before the trade deadline, AJ Styles or Christian would not be facing Benoit at all.

- Emad Yehia, S.S.A.T., & Shawn Daivari d. Rico, Spanky, BG James, & Konnan

- The Undertaker d. Mysterio, afterwards Seven makes his way down to the ring, but walks back up the ramp when Taker sees him.

- Chase Stevens d. Carly Colon & Mike Mizanin

- During Val Venis' "Money Shot Theater" segment he debuts his first Venis Envy Productions "contract girl" Miss Melina. After the announcement, Emad and crew come down and assault Venis. Emad tells his guys to hold Venis and he then pulls out a pair of scissors and proceeds to cut Venis' hair.

- Angle Challenge: Kurt Angle d. Steven Richards, afterwards Richards challenges Angle to another "Angle Challenge" match again, only this time he wants it at Wrestlemania!

- Main Event: AJ Styles d. Christian, thus finally cementing the main event for Wrestlemania, AJ Styles vs Chris Benoit for the WWE championship.....that is if Benoit is traded back to Raw before the trade deadline is over.

March 28th, WRESTLEMANIA:

- Onyx & Orlando Jordan of the New Nation d. John Walters & Jorge Estrada [Pre-Show Match]

- Heath Cameron d. Danny Dominion [Pre-Show Match]

- Val Venis, Shane Helms, Eddie Guerrero, & Chavo Guerrero d. Emad Yehia, Shawn Daivari, & S.S.A.T.

- Ric Flair w/Maven d. Randy Orton w/DDP after DDP turns on Orton

- Matt Morgan d. Ron Killings and earns a shot at the NWA Heavyweight title

- Victoria d. Nidia, Melina, Tracy Brooks, Angel Williams, Trinity, Gail Kim, Madusa, & Sable in an Women's Gauntlet match

- Trish Stratus d. Molly & Lita

- Carly Colon (demanding after the match to be called Carly Cool) d. 19 other superstars in the Cruiser-X Gauntlet for the Gold match to capture the Cruiser-X title

- Seven d. Undertaker, afterwards Seven crucifies Taker and then burns him on the cross.........it appears The Undertaker is finally dead.

- Sonny Siaki d. Mark Jindrak via DQ, Jindrak keeps the IC title

- New Nation members Booker T & Monty Brown d. Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas after Bobby Lashley assaults both men. Booker announces Lashley as the New Nation's "insurance policy". The New Nation picks up the win and a dual contract that allows them to show up on either brand as the please.

- Steven Richards d. Kurt Angle

- Jeff Jarrett d. Triple H in the Six Sides of Hell in a Cell match after Jim Ross makes a shocking return to the company and leads John Layfield down to the ring and they enter the cell to help Jarrett beat down on The Game. The three leave the ring together after the match is over.

- Batista d. Goldberg

- Shawn Michaels d. The Rock, afterwards the New Nation comes out and lays both men out

- John Cena d. Rob Van Dam to retain the NWA Heavyweight championship

- We aren't sure if the show is over or not, so Vince McMahon comes out to let everybody know if the WWE title match will happen or not. After a long and stretched entrance, McMahon announces that Chris Benoit has indeed been traded back to Raw. The person that he was traded for............AJ STYLES!

- Chris Benoit d. AJ Styles after Kurt Angle intreference

ONE YEAR LATER

IPB Image

The saga continues........October 10th 2005!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking very awesome man... WWE:TNA was my favourite ever and I'm hoping you can rekindle the magic with this next one... Looking forward to seeing more... God damn, there was a lot of matches at WrestleMania... Seven killing Undertaker was great, as is the thing with the New Nation... Keep up the good work my man...

Very interesting and intriguing, been waiting a long time for this and i cant wait until the diary resumes as normal. Bit Dissapointed with the short results but, eh. Looking forward to the return. Great job with keeping this thing goign CK :)

really looking forward to the re-birth next chapter of this diary as i remember the first one and thinking What a great idea lol! can't wait for the 1st re-debut show anyways can't wait for this good luck as always and wondering what you will turn this into.

Edited by ncguy

RAW

IPB Image

Chris Benoit WWE Champion - After defeating AJ Styles at Wrestlemania 20, thanks to help from Kurt Angle, Benoit went on to feud with the first Raw draft pick, Kane. Benoit and Kane had two PPV matches where they first went at it in regular rules, while their second meeting came in a steel cage. Benoit managed to keep the title and moved on to face the newly named number one contender, Christian. The two feuded for four months, until Benoit injured Christian and put him on the shelf. Benoit then took on all comers in the months leading up to the Royal Rumble. It was at the Rumble when Benoit faced his toughest challenge yet, Triple H. The Game had the title won, but it was thanks to Jim Ross' "Good Ol' Boys" Jeff Jarrett and John Layfield's assault that allowed Benoit to pick up the victory. Benoit would go on to be shocked later that night, as the last person he would have wanted to do so, won the Royal Rumble and the right to face him at Wrestlemania 21.

Shelton Benjamin United States Champion - In what critics called one of the greatest matches of the year, Shelton Benjamin defeated the longest reigning US champion in WWE:TNA history, Jamie Noble, at Armageddon. Benjamin and Noble had a couple of matches following his win, but Noble was unable to regain the title. As we approached Wrestlemania 21, Benjamin had a series of matches with former tag team partner, Charlie Haas that were hailed as 4 & 5 star classics.

Angel Williams Women's Champion - At No Way Out, Angel Williams squared off with Alexis Laree, who had recently won the Women's title tournament that was set up after then champion Victoria got sidelined by an injury at the start of the year. The two went to a time limit draw, but Alexis demanded five more minutes. Angel received some help from Mysterio during those five minutes and she stole the title. The next night on Raw, Trish Stratus came out and challenged the new champion to a match at Wrestlemania.

The Trobleshooters (Brent Albright & Chris Masters) WWE Tag Team Champions - It was on the last Raw before the Royal Rumble that Masters and Albright made their debut. They were instantly placed into a title match at the PPV after they took out the number one contenders, Donovan Morgan and Nick Dinsmore. The duo were officially called "The Troubleshooters" on screen at the PPV itself, where they then went on to pick up the titles from the then champions, Chuck Palumbo & Johnny Stamboli of the FBI.

2005 Royal Rumble Winner:

Christian

SMACKDOWN

IPB Image

John Cena NWA Heavyweight Champion - Following his win against Rob Van Dam at Wrestlemania 20, Cena was challenged by Matt Morgan at Backlash. Cena defeated the big man and was then challenged by Mark Jindrak. Cena got another victory over the Dangerous Alliance by taking down the IC champion. in what was a weird move, Paul Heyman did not send his last Alliance member after the champion, instead sending the monster Batista after a different target. Cena went on to defend and retain his title against all challengers. He then went what is being called the longest feud in this companies history. John Cena and Booker T entered a seven month feud that saw many matches between the two. Cena, with help from the 3 Live Kru, managed to fend off any ambush attacks and ringside distractions by the New Nation. General Manager Eric Bischoff has stated that this feud will end at Wrestlemania 21, where John Cena and Booker T will face off for the last time in the Ultimate Jeopardy match

Eddie Guerrero Intercontinental Champion - After floating around the scene, feuding with the Dangerous Alliance and the New Nation here and there, Eddie was named the number one contender to the IC title and received his shot at the title at the Royal Rumble. After winning the title, Eddie issued an open invitaion to anybody that thought they deserved a shot at the title. The invitation was answered rather quickly, as the "Alpha Male" Monty Brown came out to claim his title shot.

Chris Sabin Cruiser-X Champion - After breaking away from Triple X, Chris Sabin made a serious attempt at becoming the top of the Cruiser-X division. After Carlito Colon lost the Cruiser-X title to Petey Williams at SummerSlam, many men made the jump to challenge the champion at every chance they got. Sabin won a Cruiser-X invitational tournament and then faced Carlito and Paul London in the first ever Ultimate X match at the Royal Rumble, earning a shot at the new Cruiser-X champion crowned at the Royal Rumble, Christopher Daniels.

Rico & Spanky NWA Tag Team Champions - The reigning tag team champions haven't been without some setbacks in their reigns. The two lost the titles to S.S.A.T. at SummerSlam. S.S.A.T. then was defeated by America's Most Wanted at Unforgiven in a tag team bullrope match. After two months as champions, AMW lost the titles to Rico and Spanky at Capital Punishment. The tag team champions now await the announcement of their Wrestlemania 21 opponents, as General Manager Eric Bischoff is said to be in some secret negotiations to bring in a new tag team to challenge the champions.

Edited by cerebralkiller9

IPB Image

With just one week remaining in his "no physicality" restraining order set against AJ Styles a year ago, Kurt Angle must now make a huge decision. He can either accept or decline AJ's challenge to any kind of match of Angle's choosing at Wrestlemania 21. Will Angle step up or will he continue to run and hide from The Phenomenal One.

Also on the show, Eric Bischoff will reveal who will face Rico and Spanky at Wrestlemania and will also make an official announcement as to just who has been stalking him. The general manager has said that he now has video footage that will show just who the person is.

CONFIRMED MATCHES

Monty Brown vs Chavo Guerrero

Randy Orton vs Batista

Frankie Kazarian vs Christopher Daniels vs Juventud Guerrera

• 2 weeks later...

IPB Image

Dark Matches

Chase Stevens d. Elix Skipper

Bobby Lashley d. Lex Lovette

Joey Matthews d. Sonjay Dutt

As the show comes on the air, "Medal" is playing as Kurt Angle is entering the ring. The crowd boos as Angle snatches the mic away from the ring announcer.

Phenomenal Challenge

O:89%

Angle: So let me get this straight, AJ Styles has been doing nothing but sit and wait for the last eleven months. After he was traded over to Smackdown as a loser coming off a huge loss at the hands of Raw's Chris Benoit, he did nothing but sit back and wait for the right moment. Well AJ, that moment is now! You want to step into this ring with the only gold medalist this company has ever had? Well it's just too bad that I don't waste my time with second rate hacks like yourself. So I'm not gonna stretch this out for long, so the answer is no AJ, I won't take you up on your challenge.

The crowd fills the entire arena with an echoing sound of boos after Angle rejects the challenge layed out by Styles.

Angle: It's real simple, I have a bigger match in mind with a completely deserving opponent. You see, for too long I've been without gold around my waist and since it's too late to completely destroy Cena and take the Heavyweight title, I guess I'll have to settle for the.....

"Alpha Male" hits and out comes an angry Monty Brown. Brown walks down to the ring and slides in, followed by getting right in Angle"s face. Brown walks away and towards the ropes to get a mic.

Brown: Tell me I didn't just hear that you are gonna try and bust in on my Wrestlemania match against Guerrero! Angle, I've got no beef with you, but when you try to take what's mine, I'm forced to fight for that which is being stolen. So a word of advice, it'd be best if you took AJ's challenge because you can at least walk away from that match!

Before Angle can say a word, "I Am" plays and the crowd comes to their feet as the "Phenomenal One" steps out to the stage. Styles raises his mic up to speak.

Styles: Angle, I've been waiting to get my hands on you for almost an entire year. We could have settled this back then, but you had to put a restraining order out on me. That's no big deal because I'm a very patient man, but that is wearing very thin these days. Now I do believe that you have been backed into a corner and there is no way out Kurt. You either face me and we finish this, or you try your luck trying to screw over the Alpha Male. It's really all on you Kurt. The ball is your court now.

Angle gets an extremely angry expression on his face right before he speaks again.

Angle: If this is how it's going to be, then I guess we'll have to settle it once and for all! Styles, I accept, but not because I'm afraid of Monty over here, but because I want you off my back. I'll face you, but it has to be on my terms!

Styles: Well then, what are they?

Angle: I was just getting to that, don't you interrupt me! The only condition that I demand is that the match be a No Holds Barred match. If I have to face you, I want to be able to do just about anything that it takes to put you out for good. I just want you to know AJ, what I'm gonna do to you is far worse than anything I've done to anybody else. While I've only broken people's ankles in the past, I'm going to snap yours and make sure that it's completely shattered and you can never wrestle again. Just remember, you brought this upon yourself.

As Angle says that, "I'm Back" hits and out comes the General Manager Eric Bischoff. He walks over to Aj and shakes his hand and then asks for the mic. AJ hands it over to Bischoff and then the GM speaks.

Bischoff: Kurt, I know AJ over here has no problem facing you in that kind of a match, so I will make it official. Kurt Angle versus AJ Styles at Wrestlemania will be a No Holds Barred match. But now lets talk about next week. Seeing how next week will be the last show before Wrestlemania, I figured that I'd give the fans a treat before the biggest show of the year. It's a match that not even Raw can match when it comes to entertainment. Next week's main event at Road to Wrestlemania will be Kurt Angle, Monty Brown, Booker T, and Orlando Jordan taking on AJ Styles, Eddie Guerrero, John Cena, and "The Truth" Ron Killings in a Wargames match!

The crowd goes wild at the sound of announcement made my Bischoff. Brown and Angle throws fits in the ring as we fade out to the intro video.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:::[iNTRO VIDEO AND PYRO EXPLOSIONS]:::

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As the explosions come to an end and smoke clears, the titantron lights up and "Live For the Moment" by Monster Magnet hits. The crowd comes to their feet as the newest member of the Smackdown roster, Matt Hardy, steps out onto the stage. Matt then walks down the ramp to a huge ovation. He slides into the ring and clibs up a corner, throwing up the V1 sign to the approval of the crowd.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

-[COMMERCIAL BREAK]-

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Matt Hardy vs Shawn Daivari

O:75% C:71% M:80%

Hardy dominated the match from the start, Daivari managed to take control of the match for a short while, but Hardy caught him coming off the top rope and nailed the Side Effect. Hardy made short work of Daivari by hitting the Twist of Fate for the easy three count on his first match as a Smackdown superstar.

Winner: Matt Hardy

Hardy celebrated his victory by climbing up a corner and posing for the crowd. As he is on the ropes, somebody slides into the ring. Once Hardy drops down and turns around, he is blasted by a vicious Spear. We see that it is Edge and he stomps away on Hardy. Edge, who has been out of action for almost an entire year after reinjuring his neck, continues to assault Matt. He picks him up and delivers a sick looking Edgecution.

Bitter Enemies

O:90%

Edge goes over to the ropes and demands a mic be given to him. The announcer quickly rushes over and hands him a mic. Edge looks around as the whole arena is filled with echoing boos directed at him.

Edge: Well look at how this played out! I come out here to make my triumphant return from injury and what do I come to, a bunch of idiots booing me. Typical, very typical of you fickle fans. But most of you may be wondering just why I did what I did. Plain and simple, I did it because of each and every one of you. I did it because my so called friends aren't even that. You see, when Austin injured his neckall you idiots sent him cards and letters wishing him a speedy recovery. When Benoit got hurt you did the same. I can go on and on about when it happened to Lita, Rhyno, and Angle but I'm not. When it happened to me, I also got the cards and the letters. My "friends" called to check up on me and some even visited me. Guess what happed the second time around......nothing!! No cards! No letters! Not even a phone call from my "friends"!! This beating I just gave young Matthew here is a symbol for my hatred towards all of you and all those that I once called "friends". Which now brings me to the second thing I came out here for.

Edge turns and kicks Matt once more and then turns and stares directly towards the camera. He motions for the cameraman to get a good shot of his chest. Edge unzips his jacket and reveals a RAW t-shirt under it. We get a shot of Edge's face and he has a huge smile on it. He brings the mic up once more to speak.

Edge: That's right, I'm going back home to where I'm really appreciated. I'm going to the brand that actually gave a damn about me. You see about a year ago when I was traded over to Smackdown while I was on the injured list, Shane McMahon still visited me, while my new General Manager didn't even call me once to see how I was doing or even to congratulate me on coming over to his brand. So when contracts arrived last week to my home I had to make a decision. Do I sign my contract with Smackdown and remain here or do I sign with Raw and go where I'll actually be welcomed with open arms by the man running the place. Well it was a simple choice to make. So this is the first time and the last time you see me on Smackdown, because come Monday night, Edge is Raw!

Edge walks over the unconscious Matt Hardy and exits the ring. Edge walks up the ramp but pauses for a second on the stage. Edge turns around and brings the mic up to speak.

Edge: Oh and before I go, Matt I have one more thing to tell you. There was one person who came to visit me at the hospital, at therapy, and even at my home while I was out of action. I think you know her very well. Sorry you won't be seeing much of her anymore, as she too is coming over to Raw with me. And Matt, Lita is leaving you for a real man!

Edge begins to laugh and the crowd breaks out into a chorus of boos. We fade out to a commercial break as Edge walks through the curtain.

-[COMMERCIAL BREAK]-

The Animal Unleashed

O:86%

We return from commercial only to find Batista wrecking the backstage area. Paul Heyman comes over and tries to calm him down.

Batista: No Paul, I'm not calming down! This is complete bull crap!

Heyman: Listen, I told you that I would work this out!

Batista: No Paul, I told you that there was no working this out! Last year I dominated and destroyed the man most people thought could never be treated like that, Goldberg. Where's Goldberg these days now I ask you! So what do I get for that? Nothing! I'm not even booked for a match at Wrestlemania!

Batista flips over a table and then tosses a couple monitors towards a group of people, who quickly run away from the scene. Heyman continues to try and calm Batista down, but just can't do it. We cut back to the arena where "Wave of the Future" hits and Frankie Kazarian makes his way to the ring for his match against Christopher Daniels and Juventud Guerrera.

Christopher Daniels vs Frankie Kazarian vs Juventud Guerrera

O:83%

All three men make their entrances and the referee is about to call for the bell when the Canadian national anthem hits. Petey Williams, with Sylvain and Bobby Roode comes out to the stage.

Williams: Whoa, whoa, whoa!! What the hell is this?! You guys think that you can have a match and then go on and face the Cruiser-X champ like that! Well I don't think so. You see, earlier I went to General Manager Eric Bischoff's office and I layed out a proposition. I told him that it would be a much more entertaining match if I, a former Cruiser-X champion was involved in the match. So just a short while ago he made it official and now this match is a fatal four way match, with the winner, that being me, advancing to Wrestlemania to face Chris Sabin.

Christopher Daniels vs Frankie Kazarian vs Juventud Guerrera vs Petey Williams [Cruiser-X #1 Contenders Match]

O:83% C:70% M:100%

Before the bell can even ring, Sylvain and Roode enter the ring and assault Kazarian and Daniels. Juvi gets tossed to the outside, where Petey begins his attack. The referee finally gets order restored and rings the bell, but Kazarian and Daniels are in bad shape. Petey tosses Juvi into the ring and the two battle it out. Juvi begins to mount an offensive, but is quickly shot down by distraction from Sylvain. The distraction allows Petey to hit a low blow on The Juice while the referee gets Sylvain off the apron. Daniels tries to attack Petey, but Roode trips him up. Kazarian grabs Petey from behind, but takes an elbow to the ribs. Kazarian staggers back and clutches at his ribs which Roode damaged with a vicious gut buster. Petey kicks Kazarian in the gut and hits the Canadian Destroyer. Petey goes back to The Juice and pulls him up to his feet. Petey bends him down and then nails him with the Canadian Destroyer as well. Petey makes the cover and gets the uncontested three count.

Winner: Petey Williams

We cut to the back where Bischoff is watching what just happened on a monitor in his office. Bischoff watches on with a look of disgust on his face. He turns the monitor off and then exits his office. We see Bischoff walking the backstage area and he appears to be headed to the ring. As he goes up the steps that lead up to the stage we fade out to a commercial break.

-[COMMERCIAL BREAK]-

GM's Announcement

O:83%

As we return from the break, Eric Bischoff is already standing inside the ring with a mic in hand.

Bischoff: Now before I get to the issue with this mystery person that has been stalking me, I must get some business out of the way. You see, since regaining their tag team titles, Rico and Spanky have been without a real challenge when it comes to their opponents. Now due to the loss of America's Most Wanted to Raw, I've been looking for deserving opponents, or otherwise opponents who the champions have not yet defeated. I had two choices, create a team from within the company or look to the outside and sign a new tag team. Well I searched high and low and I found that tag team. There's just one problem and that is that the team is scheduled to work one last match for another promotion on the night of Wrestlemania. I've signed the tag team, but it on't be them facing Rico and Spanky at Wrestlemania. The team I am talking about is none other than Steve Corino and CW Anderson. They will be here on Smackdown in two weeks. So that now leads me to the opponents for the champions. I took the time to look it over and the only team that has yet to challenge the champions are the New Nation combination of Orlando Jordan and Bobby Lashley.

The crowd boos after Bischoff announces who will challenge the champions, but they then quickly quiet down, as Bischoff prepares to speak again.

Bischoff: Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I must now move on to this stalker of mine. For the last few months I've been harassed and haunted by letters, gifts, and weird videos but I now have video proof of just who the person behind all that really is. Now I haven't seen the footage myself, so we're all going to find out just who it is. Guys in the truck please play the video tape.

The titantron comes on and a surveillance video plays. It's a shot of the backstage area and we see a figure wearing a coat walk by. The person stops and then walks out of the camera's range of vision. We then see a hand come from under the camera sprays it with something, completely blocking anything from being seen. The video then cuts to static and then turns to footage that appears to be live. We see Bischoff in the ring through what appears to be a camcorder filming from within the arena. Bischoff starts to look around at the crowd trying to spot the person who is filming. Bischoff spots someone and yells to security to get the person. Security jumps the rail and goes after the person. As they tackle down the person filming, we see that it is nothing more than a mannequin holding the camcorder. The titantron then goes back to static and then an altered voice can be heard throughout the arena.

???: On no Bischoff, the game's not over yet. It's not over by a long shot and it will continue for as long as I want it to go on. You will find out who I am when I feel you are ready to know. For now all you can do is ponder and try to figure out the game. I will leave you with one last thought, Simon says the next stage of this game starts at Wrestlemania.

The altered voice breaks into a sinister laughter as we get a close up shot of an angry Eric Bischoff. The general manager leaves the ring in a hurry and looks to be in an extremely foul mood now. As he goes through the curtain, " Chavito Ardiente" hits and out comes Chavo Guerrero. Chavo comes out and looks to be as confused as everybody else in the arena is about what just happened. He shakes it off and focuses back on the match that awaits him next.

Chavo Guerrero vs Monty Brown

O:81% C:76% M:87%

Once Chavo got into the ring, the lights dimmed and then pyro went off. "Alpha Male" plays but Brown is nowhere to be seen. Chavo watches the entry way and waits for Brown to come out, but still nothing. the crowd begins to stir and then we see Brown slide into the ring from behind Chavo. He came through the crowd and now waits for Chavo to turn around. As Chavo turns, he is blasted by a thunderous Pounce! Brown pops up to his feet and jerks Chavo up. Brown lifts Chavo up and drives him down with the Alpha Bomb! Brown covers Chavo and gets the easy 1, 2, 3.

Winner: Monty Brown

Brown stands over Chavo and slaps his chest a few times. Brown then jerks Chavo up again but this time throws him over his shoulder and then exits the ring. He appears to be taking the fallen Chavo to the backstage area. As Brown is walking up the ramp we are forced to take the last commercial break of the night.

[Monty Brown +2 Overness]

-[COMMERCIAL BREAK]-

A Simple Message

O:80%

As we return, we see Brown assaulting Chavo while Booker T, Orlando Jordan, and Bobby Lashley watch on in approval. Brown whips Chavo into the New Nations black hummer and then presses him over his head. Brown then slams Chavo down onto the concrete floor. Brown stands over Chavo and starts screaming for him to tell his uncle just how bad this beating was. The rest of the New Nation just laughs about what's going and then they all get in the hummer and leave the area. Help finally comes over and they check to see how Chavo is doing. We cut back to the arena and "Burn In My Light" hits bringing out Randy Orton. The Legend Killer makes his way down to the ring and then poses for the fans once inside. "Animal Unleashed" plays and Paul Heyman comes out leading Batista to the ring. Heyman climbs up to the apron and starts yelling at Orton.

Batista vs Randy Orton

O:84% C:86% M:81%

Orton knocks Heyman off the apron and Batista tries to attack Orton as he's coming in, but can't do it in time. Orton takes it to Batista and knocks him through the ropes. Batista lands right next to Heyman and they try to help each other up. Orton slides back outside and grabs Heyman and Batista. The crowd screams for it, so Orton drives Batista and Heyman's heads together. The referee tells Orton to take the action back into the ring, so he shoves Batista into the ring. Orton slides in and the match officially begins. Orton got the early advantage, but after a long period of stalling from Batista, Orton loses that advantage. Batista applied some submission holds on Orton, in an attempt to ground him. Orton came back and hit a desperation inverted backbreaker, but didn't have enough to cover in time. When he did cover, he only got a two count. The fans begin to get behind Orton, as both men try to get to their feet. Both men are up and go after each other. Orton gets the better end of it and sends Batista to the ropes. Orton hit Batista with a dropkick and then gets up to his feet. Batista got back up, but Orton doubled him over with a boot to the gut and kicked him in the back of the head with a running kick. Orton covered, but only got a two count. Orton went up to the top rope and went for a diving splash, but Batista moved out of the way. Batista kicked Orton in the face and then sent him into the ropes. As he's going to the ropes, Orton leaps onto the middle rope and springs off backwards with back elbow on Batista. Orton gets to his feet and waits for Batista to get to his feet. As Batista is getting up, Orton is waiting on him to hit an RKO. Heyman circles around ringside and sneaks closer to where Orton is standing. Orton walks around the ring and tries to get Batista with the RKO, but Heyman pulls his foot from the outside. Orton staggers a bit, but turns towards Heyman and tries to pull him up to the apron. Heyman manages to escape the grasp of Orton and runs away. Orton turns his attention back to Batista, but ends up taking a devestating Leviathan Spinebuster. Batista lets out a yell and then signals that the match is about to end. Batista pulls Orton up and takes him up into the air and then drives him down to the mat with the Demon Bomb. He covers, 1......2......3!

Winner: Batista

Batista gets up to his feet and prepares to attack Orton once again. Before he can do it, a returning Brock Lesnar slides into the ring and attacks Batista. The two exchange blows, but Lesnar gets the better of the exchange and sends Batista out of the ring. Batista backs up the ramp and looks towards the ring. Batista looks to be surprised that Lesnar is in the ring. Heyman tells Batista to not go back to the ring and Batista ignores him, but stays put on the ramp staring eye to eye with Lesnar. As the show goes off the air we see Lesnar calling Batista into the ring and Batista starting to walk down the ramp.

Overall Rating: 82%

TV Rating: 6.30

People in Attendance: 10,014

Ticket Sales: $400,560

IPB Image

The stage is set and the superstars can't wait to go out and perform to the best of their abilities. The only problem is that there is one last stop before the greatest show of this industry. Raw and Smackdown have both lined up two great main events and it appears the rivalry between the two brands is nowhere near at a cool down. Raw will showcase their newest member to the roster, Edge, as he will face Triple H. Smackdown will on the other hand give the fans a huge preview of their Mania matches when Kurt Angle, Booker T, Monty Brown, and Orlando Jordan do battle with AJ Styles, John Cena, Eddie Guerrero, and Ron Killings in a Wargames match.

Along with those two huge main events, Eric Bischoff and Shane McMahon will reveal the final card for Wrestlemania 21. What matches will be added? Who will show up? Only the two general managers know. Plus they will be on hand to witness a Raw vs Smackdown match in which Carlito from Smackdown takes on Raw's Val Venis.

CONFIRMED MATCHES

Triple H vs Edge

Booker T, Kurt Angle, Monty Brown, & Orlando Jordan vs AJ Styles, Eddie Guerrero, John Cena, & Ron Killings

Carlito vs Val Venis

Brock Lesnar's in-ring return

IPB Image

Report by: John Sterm

Batista Injured?

It appears that Batista might be missing this Wrestlemania due to injury. Sources tell us that Batista injured his right ankle during his brawl with Brock Lesnar after Smackdown went off the air. It is unknown at this time is Batista will tough it out and perform with an injury or if they'll give him some time to heal up and save the planned Batista vs Lesnar match for sometime down the road. We'll surely find out at Road to Wrestlemania as to whether or not the match is on or not.

Draft Lottery Time

Last year we were surprised by a draft just days before Wrestlemania and it appears that this year it won't be any different. We've heard rumors that the roster switches this year will be in an attempt to establish the new stars for the following year. So needless to say, look for the people who are the top picks in the draft to be the ones who will will be receiving pushes throughout the year.

Changing of the Guard

Since the Royal Rumble we've been treated to multiple backstage encounters between Ric Flair and Raven. The writers have been teasing a feud between the two, but have yet to fully commit. Well sources tell us that the feud may be closer to happening than we expect. From what we have gathered from the last few run-ins the two have had on Raw, the writers may be working the feud around Raven's lack of respect for what the Ric Flair of old built his reputation on. This could be a gem if the writers handle it very well, as the two men are gold on the mic.

The Best Year For Conway

Since his debut in WWE:TNA almost two years ago, Rob Conway has been a recurring on air character with a meaningful role up until his last high profile role alongside Steve Austin. As a part of a stable with Austin, Chris Jericho, and Johnny Nitro he was on Raw almost every Monday night, but when the group was broken up and Austin took some time off, Conway got lost in the shuffle. Conway had been simply wrestling matches on house shows and the internet webcast of X-TV until six months ago when the writers started booking him on under card matches on Raw. For the last six months Conway has has a spotless record of 43-0 and they are milking that streak for all that it's worth. It is expected that Conway will soon be challenged by some high profile names, maybe as early as Wrestlemania 21.

The Hitman to WWE:TNA?

The lastest rumor making rounds around the net and industry is that Bret Hart could soon be returning to WWE:TNA. The Hitman was part of the company during the early months of the merger. Hart left the company after he had a disagreement with Vince McMahon over the planned finish for his match against Test at Backlash '03 and was then written out of storylines as being "injured" prior to the match. FYI note, it was this that caused the face turn of Christian, as he was the replacement that took on Test. The rumor states that Hart has talked with McMahon and worked things out, leaving the door open for the return. At the moment there is no place in storylines where Hart would fit in, but in the likelyhood that he was to return, the writers would find a place for him or create one for him. We'll keep you posted on this story if more information surfaces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

IPB Image

Dark Matches

"Kamikaze" Ken Anderson d. Nick Dinsmore

Rene Dupree d. Trent Acid

Chris Masters d. Mark Copani

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

:::[iNTRO VIDEO AND PYRO EXPLOSIONS]:::

Once all the smoke clears "The Propaganda" by Limp Bizkit plays and out come both General Managers. They walk up to the two desks that have been placed at each side of the stage area. As both Bischoff and McMahon take a seat, the crowd cheer wildly. The cheers quickly turn to boos as "Explode" by Damageplan plays and out comes Heath Cameron with Tracy at his side. Heath walks up to McMahon and gets in his face. Before anything can go down, "No Chance" kicks on and the owner steps out from the back. Mr. McMahon steps between Shane and Heath and tells Heath to go over to the other side of the stage and cool off. Mr. McMahon gets a mic handed to him and then Shane takes a seat. Mr. McMahon brings the mic up and speaks.

McMahon: Before we get the show started and the first draft picks are revealed, let me address this issue right now. Heath Cameron, you seem to have a problem with your current General Manager over a pety issue. Well here's your chance to speak, but it's going to be a long night so make it quick.

A member of the stage crew runs up and hands Heath a mic.

Cameron: Look Mr. McMahon, with all due respect don't rush me! I've been waiting for your son to give me my rightful shot at the United States title for the last three months, but he keeps finding ways to screw me over. The last three challengers to the belt weren't even deserving of the shot to begin with. So right here, right now I am demanding that I be given my shot!

As he says that, "Metalingus" by Alter Bridge plays and out comes the recently signed superstar by the Raw brand, Edge. Edge walks over to Heath and snatches the mic away. Heath snatches it back and a crew member comes over and hands another mic to Edge.

Edge: So let me get this straight "phatman", you deserve a shot at the United States title?

Heath: You know damn right I deserve that shot! And just what the hell is it to you!?

Edge: Well I just find it funny that you're here bitching and moaning about a shot that is not even up for grabs. You see you're standing face to face with the man that at Wrestlemania will become the NEW United States champion. Yeah that's right, "Mr. Raw" himself, Edge!

The crowd begins to boo loudly at that announcement and Heath throws a huge fit.

Edge: Whoa, whoa, calm down Heath. We wouldn't want you to strike your girlfriend there some more since that's the only way you know how to deal with your anger problems.

Heath's eye's widen and he clenches his fist in anger. Before he can do anything to Edge, security comes over and steps in his way as he charges towards Edge. The four security officers use force to drag Heath to the back while Edge waves goodbye to him in a mocking manner. Mr. McMahon comes over and takes Edge's mic away and then motions for him to go to the back. Edge doesn't question the boss and simply walks through the curtain. McMahon shakes his head in disgust, but then gets back to business.

McMahon: We've wasted just about enough time, so I believe that it's time to just skip directly to the first two picks in this, the 2005 WWE:TNA draft! Mr. Bischoff, if you'd do us the honor and announce Smackdown's first choice in this draft.

Bischoff: Well Mr. McMahon, after a long thought process and an even longer scan of the Raw roster I've come to a decision. It gives me great pleasure to announce Smackdown's number one pick..........TRIPLE H!

The crowd explodes at the sound of Triple H's name being called out. HHH comes out and is handed a Smackdown t-shirt and shakes hands with his new General Manager. Shane McMahon looks on and a smirk comes on his face.

Shane: Ok Eric, you want to go after the big guns early. I can do that, no problem. Now you might think that I don't hear everything you say, but trust me, I do. So you want to take shots at Raw during your shows and claim that you are the better show, well guess what Bischoff, you're about to lose one of your main weapons in this war you want to start. Ladies and gentlemen, Raw's number one choice in this draft is none other than.......BATISTA!

"Animal Unleashed" plays and out comes Batista with Paul Heyman at his side.

Shane: I'm sorry, there must have been an audio problem backstage, but I don't recall saying that Raw's pick was Batista WITH Paul Heyman. Hit the bricks Heyman!

The crowd goes wild as Shane sends Heyman to the back. Heyman starts to scream at the top of his lungs at Batista to do something about what just happened. Batista shrugs his shoulders and walks over to Shane and shakes his hand. Batista points to the entry way and tells Heyman to take a walk. Mr. McMahon walks up to the middle of the stage and brings up his mic once again.

McMahon: We've just seen the beginning of this draft and it looks like it's going to be an interesting night as the draft will continue throughout the rest of the show. Now before we get the opening bout underway, let me remind you all and the wrestlers and G.M.s themselves, these draft picks won't become official until Monday morning, so no Wrestlemania match will be changed or altered if a superstar is drafted from his current brand to the other brand. The Wrestlemania card is locked as is and we will deliver what we have promised to the fans. The whole Wrestlemania card will be revealed later on in the show as well. So without any more delay, it's time for the opening contest which will be a Raw vs Smackdown contest between Raw's Val Venis and Smackdown's Carlito!

Vince McMahon tosses the mic to one of the stage crew guys and then walks off to the back. Carlito and Val Venis both make their respective entrances and the match is under way.

Val Venis vs Carlito

(O:68%, C:66%, M:70%)

Even match up to start off, but Carlito takes control of the match early. Val mounts a comeback and gets a few near falls on Carlito. Venis misses a clothesline and takes a kick to the gut, followed by an attempt by Carlito to hit a DDT, but it's countered into a bridging Northern Lights suplex pin. The referee drops down to make the count and Carlito kicks out at two. The crowd starts to cheer loudly in an attempt to boost up Venis. Carlito gets to his feet at the same time as Venis and attempts a low blow, but Venis deflects the kick attempt with a kick of his own. Carlito tries with a high swinging punch, but Venis ducks it and goes behind. Venis lifts Carlito up and drives him down with a Blue Thunder Driver. Venis doesn't go for the cover, but instead climbs up the nearest corner and then flyies off it with a Money Shot! The referee dives to the mat as Venis makes impact and starts the count, 1......2......3!

Winner: Val Venis

If there truly is a war starting between the two brands, Raw has taken the first battle and Smackdown general manager Eric Bischoff must not be to happy about this. Venis walks around ringside slapping hands with the fans and stopping to take a picture or two with his fans. As Venis continues to celebrate his victory, we fade out to a commercial break, but get a brief shot of Eric Bischoff watching a monitor backstage before the first commercial spot plays.

:::[COMMERCIAL BREAK]:::

Don't Cross Bischoff!

(O:92%)

As we return from the break, we are taken into Bischoff's office where he is sitting back in his chair and Petey Williams, Sylvain, and Bobby Roode are standing across from him. Bischoff looks at the three and doesn't look to be happy to see them. Bischoff gets up from his chair and then walks up to Petey.

Bischoff: So I do you a favor and grant you a chance to earn yourself a shot at the Cruiser-X title after you promise to give me a great match between yourself, Juvi, Kazarian, and Daniels. Yet you repay me by turning that match into nothing more than a set up, with your friends over here doing all the dirty work and leaving you the scraps to pick up a Wrestlemania title shot. Well I'm going to tell you right now what's going to happen.

Petey: Listen Eric....

Bischoff: It's Mr. Bischoff to you! Now here's how it's going to go down. Yes you do have your title shot at Wrestlemania against Chris Sabin, but it won't be just you challenging for the title, oh no. You see there will be a second challenger in that Ultimate X match and it will be none other than Smackdown's second draft pick, MYSTERIO!

Petey drops his head in disappointment and then begins to beg Bischoff to change the match. Bischoff slaps Petey's hands off his arms and tells him not to touch him again. Roode steps between Bischoff and Petey and looks like he's ready to do something.

Bischoff: Don't even think about it Roode. I'll fire you so quickly and I'll do it without a single regret. But since you feel like letting out some anger I'll tell you what. Seeing as how I've been looking to book an opponent against Brock Lesnar tonight in his in ring return, I think I'll put you in that match with him. But don't feel bad about it, because your pal Sylvain over there will also be in the match. Tonight, Roode and Sylvain take on Brock Lesnar in a handicap match.

A smiles comes on the face of Sylvain and he tells Roode to back off and just leave the room. Petey walks away with his head down as he is still thinking about what he just brought upon himself. We then cut to the arena where Paul London is sprinting down the ring for his match against the Cruiser-X champion, Chris Sabin.

Chris Sabin vs Paul London

(O:90%)

Once both men are set and the bell rings, Petey Williams comes running down and slides into the ring. He levels Sabin from behind and then grabs him by the neck and drives him back onto his knee back first. Williams drops two quick knee drops to the head of the champion and then stomps away on him.

Winner: Chris Sabin via DQ

Williams continues to stomp away on Sabin and then London comes over and pulls him away. London tells him to get the hell out of the ring, but takes a hard elbow to the side of the head. Petey sets up for the Canadian Destroyer, but London drops to a knee and then trips Petey down. London mounts him and begins to drop punches on Petey. As he is attacking him, Mysterio slides into the ring and hits the ropes. Mysterio bounces off the opposite ropes and nails a low dropkick on London. Mysterio pulls London up and bends him over. Mysterio leaps onto London's back and then snaps him over with a flipping sunset bomb. Petey gets to his feet and starts to talk trash to London. Mysterio slides out of the ring and picks up a steel chair. He slides back into the ring and Petey sees the chair. He starts to beg off, but Mysterio picks the chair up and swings. Petey braces for impact and closes his eyes. There's a loud smashing sound, but it's Sabin who takes the shot to the face as he was getting to his feet. Petey opens up one eye and sees that the champ is down. He cracks a smile and goes over and pats Mysterio on the back. The two look at each other and then nod at themselves. Petey throws his arms into the air, but is caught off guard by a surprise chair shot from Mysterio. With Sabin and Williams both layed out, Mysterio picks up the Cruiser-X title and holds it up in the air as if saying that he will be the new champ at Wrestlemania.

Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Roode & Sylvan

(O:74%, C:76%, M:70%)

Lesnar charged into the ring and Roode and Sylvan quickly stompped him while on the mat. Brock made his way up to his feet and shoved both men away. As the two came back towards him, Brock leveled them with a double clothesline. Brock picked Sylvan up and drove him shoulder first into the ring post. As Sylvan staggered back, Brock wrapped his arms around his waist and tossed him back with a release German suplex. Brock popped up to his feet and waited on Roode to get up. Not knowing that Brock was behind him, Roode turns around and walks right into the F5! Brock covers and the referee makes the count, 1.......2.......3!

Winner: Brock Lesnar

Brock stands up and looks on at the carnage he's left in the ring and smiles. The crowd goes wild when Brock goes over to a corner and climbs up. The camera flashes start to shine when Brock throws his arms into the air. As he keeps playing to the crowd, we cut to the back where we see Shelton Benjamin standing with Shane McMahon.

United States Champion

(O:88%)

Shelton: You need to explain this to me Shane. How does somebody who just came over from Smackdown, never having competed in a match for that brand, get a shot at my United States title?

Shane sighs and then pats Shelton on the shoulder. Shelton glances at Shane's hand on his shoulder and it is quickly removed by Shane as he takes notice that Shelton is bothered by the pat.

Shane: Look Shelton, this is a business. In order for Raw to bring in a talent like Edge over from Smackdown, I had to throw everything I could on the table to get him to sign. He requested a WWE title shot in order to sign with us, but I told him that the title was overflowing with contenders at the moment and that the only shot I could offer him was a guaranteed US title shot within the first month of him officially joining the Raw roster. Don't think that it's favoritism Shelton, this is business plain and simple.

Shelton: It sure looks like favoritism to me Shane! Where's Charlie's title shot, huh?! We gave you four of the best non-title matches ever put together on a Raw show, with ratings going through the roof as proof, yet he doesn't get a shot. Were's Cameron's title shot? I don't see eye to eye with the guy, but he has at least worked his way up the ladder for a shot. I just don't see why Edge automatically gets this shot, I really don't Shane.

Shane: Well what can I say Shelton, I'm sorry but this is how it's going to happen. You're facing Edge and that's the end of it. But tell me something, wouldn't me taking away Edge's shot because you requested somebody else as a challenger be actual favoritism? I mean I think I showed a little too much favoritism when I first granted you a shot at the title and then a few more chances after that when you couldn't win it on your first try.

Shelton: Oh, so you're gonna throw that in my face now? I see how you want to deal with this, ok Shane, fine! But for the record, I never asked for all the shots you gave me. You seem to have your facts twisted, because I recall you coming up to me and informing me that I was facing the champ week after week before I finally won it. Don't you ever forget that!!

An angry Benjamin storms out of the office, leaving Shane pondering just what happened in there. As he's about to turn around to go to his chair, Vince McMahon comes into the office.

Vince: So, do you have your next pick ready?

Shane: Yes, I do Vince! I'm a little busy right now, so I don't think I'd like to drag this. Raw's second pick is Big Show! There, now please leave me alone cause I have pressing matters to deal with.

Shane takes a seat and looks to be somewhat frustrated. Vince walks out of the office and as the sound of the door closing is heard, Shane lets out a loud yell as we fade out to a commercial break.

Triple H vs Edge

(O:85%, C:86%, M:83%)

We come back from the break and see Triple H and Edge fighting on the ramp. The two battle down to the ringside area and then Triple H shoots Edge into the ring steps. H goes over to him, but Lita jumps on his back. H tries to get her off, but can't get a hold of her. He finally grabs her by the hair, but before he pull her off, Edge kicks him in the gut. Edge rams him shoulder first into the ring post. Edge then picks him up and tosses him into the ring and the match officially begins. Edge measures H and hits him with a vicious Spear. He covers, but only keeps him down for a one count. Edge picks H up and sends him into the corner. He follows up with a series of shoulders and then shoots him into the opposite corner. Edge takes off for another Spear, but H moves and Edge hits nothing but turnbuckle. H pulls him out of the corner and lifts him up and drives him down with a side suplex. H picks Edge up and then drives him face first into his knee. H pulls Edge up and lifts him up into a stalling vertical suplex and then drives him down hard. H gets to his feet and the crowd starts to cheer him on. He pulls Edge up one more time and shoots him to the ropes. As Edge is coming back he attempts a clothesline, but Edge ducks. Edge stops and then runs at H with another Spear attempt. H side steps and Edge takes out the referee. Edge gets to his feet and then turns right into a Spinebuster. With the referee down, Triple H pulls Edge up and puts him into position for the Pedigree. H tosses him back down to the mat when he sees JBL coming down the ramp. JBL leaps up onto the apron, but Triple H knocks him down with a huge right hand. H leaves the ring and goes after JBL. As he picks him up, we see Jarrett coming down to ringside as well. H tosses JBL into the ring and then decks Jarrett with a clothesline. H picks up Jarrett's guitar and slides into the ring. H sends JBL into the ropes and hits a thunderous spinebuster. H grabs the guitar and measures JBL. As he is positioning himself and waiting for JBL to get to his feet, we see Jim Ross come out and start to wave someone out of the entry way. Two men run out and it's none other than America's Most Wanted. The pair slides into the ring and blindside Triple H from behind. the two stomp away on Triple H, who is attempting to get to his feet. Harris picks H up and gives him a low blow kick. Storm comes over and picks him up and puts him in position for the Death Sentence. Harris climbs up to the top rope and comes off with the legdrop. Storm and Harris exit the ring and pull JBL out as well. Edge crawls over to Triple H and places an arm over him. The referee is thrown in by Harris and then sees the cover. He slowly starts to make the count, 1.........2.........3!

Winner: Edge

Harris, Storm, Jarrett, and JBL get back into the ring and continue the assault on Triple H. Edge gets up to his feet via help of Lita and the ropes. As he sees the attack on his opponent, he looks on with a smile and then looks like he is about to join in but backs off and leaves the ring when Shelton Benjamin slides in and goes after him. Shelton turns around and sees Jarrett coming towards him, so he backbody drops him over the top. Shelton hits a dropkick on Harris and then hits a back elbow on Storm. He shoots Harris into a corner and Storm into the opposite one. Shelton runs and hits a Stinger Splash on Harris and then takes off to attempt one on Storm, but gets blasted out of nowhere by a Clothesline from Hell from JBL. JBL picks Shelton up and hits a powerbomb on the already hurt superstar. Harris and Storm shake off the damage done to them and then go join JBL. The crowd goes wild as "Sexy Boy" plays and out comes Shawn Michaels! HBK slides into the ring and clotheslines both Harris and Storm. HBK then goes toe to to with JBL, exchanging punches. JBL gets the better of the exchange and shoots HBK to the ropes. HBK bounces off the ropes and then dives at JBL with a flying forearm that sends him flying through the second rope. HBK kips up, but only to get struck by a guitar shot from Jarrett. Jarrett screams at HBK for getting in their business, but does nothing after that and simply leaves the ring. Jarrett, Ross, JBL, and America's Most Wanted walk up the ramp and get driven to the back by a thunderous chorus of boos. HBK, Triple H, and Shelton Banjamin all are layed out in the ring. As officials and the trainer survey the carnage in the ring, we cut to the backstage area.

Payback

(O:86%)

We see Edge and Lita walking through the halls backstage laughing and celebrating his first win since returning after a year off due to neck surgery. The two stroll through poking fun at bystanders and other crew members. As the two approach the parking area, somebody jumps Edge from behind. The man starts to lay punches to the back of Edge's head and then drives elbows to the back of his neck. The person removes the sweaters hood from his head and we see it's Matt Hardy! Road agents and other superstars that were around the area come over and pull Matt off of Edge. Edge turns around and sees that it's Hardy and his eyes widen.

Hardy: I'M GONNA KILL YOU ADAM!!! YOU'RE DEAD YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

Edge stands up and starts to back off. He calls out to Lita to hurry up and the two sprint into the parking area. We see Hardy trying to break free and does, but as he heads towards the parking area we can hear a car speeding out the arena. Hardy runs towards a jeep that is close by and starts it up. he takes off, apparently going after the two. We then cut back to the arena, where Shane McMahon and Eric Bischoff are back on the stage.

Bischoff: It's time now for us to announceour third picks in this draft, so here we go. Smackdown's next choice will no doubt cause an impact once he is officially inside a Smackdown ring, but will put a huge dent in Raw's championship circle. Ladies and gentlemen, Smackdown's third pick is the former Raw tag team champion, Chris Masters!

Bischoff is seen flashing a huge grin as we cut to the back and see Masters and Albright watching the monitor. ALbright turns to Masters and looks disappointed.

Albright: I guess this is it man. We finally made it to the company and win the top prize. We take on all comers and still remain champions. This is what it took to get the titles away from us. Well Chris, we have one last match together and it's at the greatest show of the year. I say we go out in style. I say that on the last night that the Troubleshooters team up, we defeat Matt Hardy and Batista as we planned to do before this happened. What do you say?

The whole time Albright as talking, Masters was staring up, thinking. Masters flashes a sly grin and then looks at his partner.

Masters: What do I say? I say that this Sunday, Batista and Matt Hardy won't be the only ones that feel an impact, but the entire company will feel the impact I........I mean, WE will cause.

Masters continues to smile as we return to the stage area. Shane is standing there, still looking a bit frustrated.

McMahon: Raw selects Carlito, now can we please speed this up, I'm in no mood to keep with the single selections every....

Shane's mic is cut off for some reason and then the music of Doug Basham plays. He comes walking down the ramp and then enters the ring. Basham is scheduled to face the number one contender to the WWE championship, Christian. The lights dim once Basham is in the ring and "Just Close Your Eyes" plays. The crowd goes nuts at the sound of the music and then a spot light shines on the stand and there is Christian standing on the stage. Christian walks down the ramp and makes his way to the ring as we fade out to a quick commercial break.

Christian vs Doug Basham

(O:89%, C:88%, M:89%)

As we return to a shot of the arena, we see Chris Benoit making his way to the announcers table. Benoit takes a seat and Christian watches him from inside the ring. With his attention on Benoit, Christian is attacked from behind by Basham. Christian was getting a pounding in the corner, but he ducked a clothesline and then came up with a series of punches of his own. He dodged a shoulder block and went to the outside and taunted Benoit. Christian slid in and back out and brought Basham down face first into the side of the ring. Christian picks Basham up, but takes a thumb to the eyes. Basham grabs Christian and then Benoit gets up from the announce position. Benoit charges, but Christian breaks free and Basham is leveled by a clothesline from the WWE champion. Christian grabs Benoit and tosses him head first into the side of the announcers table. Christian then picks Basham up and tosses him back into the ring Basham tries to get up, but Christian pulls him up quickly and grabs Basham's arms and nails the Unprettier. The referee drops to the mat and counts, 1.....2.....3!

Winner: Christian

Christian gets up to his feet and the victory brings the fans up to their feet. Christian walks over to the ropes and starts to mock the champion. Benoit sits up and looks up at Christian while holding on to his head. Benoit grabs his title and starts to tell Christian that he has no chance of taking the title from him. The two continue to exchange words as we fade out to the last commercial break of the night.

Dirtiest Player In The Game?

(O:77%)

Upon returning from the break, we see Ric Flair talking to a couple of women backstage. They are laughing and having a good time, but it's all cut short when Raven comes walking by. Raven goes over and gets in Flair's face. Flair tilts his head over and look sover Raven's shoulder. He motions to the girls to go ahead and take a walk. Raven shoves Flair into the wall.

Raven: What's the matter "Nature Boy"?! Not enough courage to do anything without "horsemen" or "evolving" superstars?

There's no response from Flair and this angers Raven some more.

Raven: Come on Flair! Show me what the you're all about! Show me what the dirtiest player in the game is made of!!

Raven shoves Flair once more, but still Flair doesn't do a single thing. Raven is clearly getting more and more angry by the second.

Raven: COME ON FLAIR!!! DO SOMETHING!!!!!

Raven waits for Flair to do something, but still no reaction. Raven turns his head to a side and pauses for a bit. Raven turns back to Flair and slaps him across the face. Flair's eyes widen after the slap, but he doesn't say a word. The slap obviously angered Flair but he's still not taking any action against Raven.

Raven: I believe we're making progress now. Come on Flair, let it out. Give in to the hate!

Flair flashes a quick smirk and then finally speaks.

Flair: I've got nothing to say to you Raven. You have some kind of problem with how I built up my career in this business and I just don't understand it. You want me to answer you with violence, I don't think so. I won't play your games Raven, but I'll tell you something. At Wrestlemania this Sunday I will play your games. I'm gonna walk down that aisle and I'm gonna step into the ring for your Raven's Rules match. It will be in the ring that I show you just why they call me the dirtiest player in the game.

Ric Flair says his peace and walks off into the direction that the ladies went, leaving an angry Raven just standing there. Raven runs his hand through his hair and then a "Whooooo" is heard in the distance. This causes Raven to get worked up some more and he pulls out a chunk of hair. Raven then picks up a chair and tosses it into a nearby wall before walking away screaming in anger. A video shortly follows, in which we are given the entire Wrestlemania card. The song that plays during the video is "Remedy" by Seether and it is the official theme song of Wrestlemania 21.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As we return from the video to a shot of the arena, "Medal" hits and out comes Kurt Angle, Booker T, Orlando Jordan, and Monty Brown. The four men walk down the ramp and appear to be all business. They all waste little time with the crowd's antics and simply ignore them as they enter the ring. Once all four men enter the ring, "Beware" plays and The Truth comes out dancing. He dances his way down the ramp, but stops just a few feet away from the ring itself. Booker T walks towards the ropes and appears to be heading to the outside, but stops dead in his tracks when "The Time Is Now" blasts on and the crowd comes to their feet. Cena runs down the ramp and waves to the Truth to follow him. The two slide into the ring and start to brawl with their opponents. The numbers quickly catch up to them, but the odds are evened when "I Am" comes on and AJ Styles and Eddie Guerrero comes running down to the ring and join the fight. The referee calls for the bell and the match starts with an open brawl going on.

AJ Styles, Eddie Guerrero, John Cena, & The Truth vs Booker T, Kurt Angle, Monty Brown, & Orlando Jordan

(O:93%, C:95%, M:92%)

The time keeper rings the bell numerous times, but the fight just rages on. The referee just gives in and lets them fight. Out of nowhere, some Raw superstars comes running down and start attacking people at random. Chris Master, Brent Albright, and Rob Conway are the Raw superstars in the ring. Not long after they arrive, Matt Hardy, Batista, and Abyss hit the ring. The six men not involved in the match officially, take the fight to the outside. Batista rams Albright into the ring post, while Masters locks Hardy into the Masterlock. Abyss and Conway exchange blows before going into the crowd. Officials comes down to the ring and seperate the Raw and Smackdown guys and take them to the back, leaving only the legal competitors in the bout. The four men are all still brawling with no signs of stopping. OJ takes a back body drop to the outside from Killings, which is then followed by a running suicide dive from him as well. Cena and Booker exchange blows and then Cena clotheslines Booker over the top rope and goes with him. Eddie knocks Brown over the top rope with a standing drop kick. He then turns his attention to Angle, who has just been whipped to the corner by Styles. Eddie goes over and places him on the top rope. Eddie climbs up and looks to be going for a top rope hurracanrana. As Eddie leaps and snaps Angle over, Styles is standing below, waiting to catch Angle. Styles catches Angle in mid-air and sets him into the Styles Clash. Before he can hit the move, Brown comes from out of nowhere and nails him from the side with a Pounce! OJ comes in and tosses Eddie through the second rope to the outside. Booker whips Killings right into the Cena. Brown on the inside rolls Styles over and makes the cover, 1.......2......NO! Styles kicks out!! Brown can't believe it and tells OJ to pick him up. Brown runs to the ropes and attempts another Pounce, but Styles dives out of the way and OJ ends up taking the impact. Brown gets to his feet and turns around quickly, but takes a kick to the gut and then is hit by a sudden Styles Clash! Styles rolls over for the cover, but Booker breaks it up and jerks Styles up. Booker gets his arms around Styles and nails him with the Book End. As Booker is getting up, Killings rushes in and catches him unaware and hits the Truth Conviction! Killings tries to roll Booker over, but Angle comes in and pulls him up, right into an Angle Slam! Cena comes in and spins Angle around and onto his shoulders. Cena tries to flip him over into the F-U, but Angle counters and takes Cena down. Angle quickly locks on the Ankle Lock and the referee drops down to check on the champ. Cena tries his best to fight out of the hold, but in the end is forced to tap out.

Winners: Booker T, Kurt Angle, Monty Brown, & Orlando Jordan

Angle releases the hold and then stands tall over the fallen champion. Angle looks around the ring and sees nothing but bodies laying and simply smirks. Angle leaps out of the ring and then jumps into the crowd. He goes through the crowd as if looking for something. He then gets a look on his face like he knows he just found what he was looking for. He goes over to a fan and snatches away his sign. Angle shoves the fan away and then stands on his seat. Angle gets a good hold of the sign and lifts it up into the air. The camera gets a clear shot of the sign, which reads "Raw > Smackdown!". Following that image, we fade out to a graphic that informs us of the final two picks that each brand selected. Smackdown selected Rob Conway & Raven, while Raw selected Abyss & KURT ANGLE! We return to a live shot of Angle still holding up that sign and we then see a shot of Styles in the ring getting up to his feet and pointing in the direction of Angle. The copyright logo comes on the screen and the show fades to black.

Overall Rating: 84%

TV Rating: 6.12

People in Attendance: 16,002

Ticket Sales: $720,130

IPB Image

WWE:TNA.com's Instant Access Interview with Triple H

WWE:TNA.com: How does it feel to be the the number one pick by Smackdown?

HHH: I could careless at this time! My focus is on Jarrett and Layfield between now and Wrestlemania. But it's good to see that Bischoff has been paying attention to just who draws the crowds.

WWE:TNA.com: What do you mean by that?

HHH: Well lets just say that Smackdown has been missing something in the ratings and ticket sales department.

WWE:TNA.com: Well that could be debatable, but lets move on. Do you have anybody in mind that you would like to face now that you're headed to Smackdown?

HHH: Well I would have said Batista, but he's now moving over to Raw. Of the top of my head I'll say Booker T or Brock Lesnar.

WWE:TNA.com: You wouldn't like to face the current champion, John Cena?

HHH: I'll consider him for a match when he becomes a serious player in this business. For now he's a minor leaguer posing as a mega star champion. It's pathetic!

WWE:TNA.com: Those are some harsh comments Game, can you elaborate some more?

HHH: The fact that this guy is the champion of Smackdown shows you the state that the brand is in. In a brand where Booker T, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, and Eddie Guerrero are part of the roster, yet this guy can keep the title for well over a year, lets me know that there is a serious problem that needs fixing.

WWE:TNA.com: Speaking of Kurt Angle, your thoughts on him being drafted to Raw?

HHH: Good riddance.

WWE:TNA.com: Well Game, thank you for stopping by and good luck on Smackdown.

HHH: The pleasure was all yours and don't wish me luck, I don't need it.