NHL 2006

Cole

Well, most of the other games had there own topic so why not this one? I'll probably be starting some other game topics in the next couple of weeks anyway since I got a few games for my birthday and will be getting more.

So, what do you guys think of the game?

I've only played 2 games, I played both with Detriot...the first in Exibition and I think it was on Medium Level, whatever the default is...anyway I lost 2-1. Wasn't a bad game, it was against Jersey so I wasn't worried. Then I started a dynasty with them (Red Wings) and put it on Difficult like I have had it on for years (since 99 on N64) and then I got blown out by the Blues 5-0!

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

I'm guessing I should turn the goalie percentage up (in the before game menu) like 2 ticks...That should work, I don't know.

Maybe turn manual aim off too? I think I might be screwing that up, I think I'll turn that on Auto for sure.

Help is needed, other talk about the game is encouraged aswell!

The manual aim, with the aiming icon on, is really easy, use it to help direct where the rebounds will go when you take shots from the point.

To stop people from scoring, you need to block passes. One timers are the main way the CPU and other players score, so you need to stop passes from going across the crease. Also, don't let star players skate on your net, you need to at least hit him or poke the puck. The stars have a unnerving ability to find the back of the net.....

Take a lot of point shots, use one-timers on the rush and remember - the new superstar moves are your friend.

Man, I feel so useless this year...I can only beat the easy setting...I won 5-1 with Toronto against Montreal. It's such an odd turn, going from playing on difficult ever since NHL 98' on EA Sports and then shiting up the game randomly one year...

Guest puremadness45

Play with the sliders.

Man, I feel so useless this year...I can only beat the easy setting...I won 5-1 with Toronto against Montreal. It's such an odd turn, going from playing on difficult ever since NHL 98' on EA Sports and then shiting up the game randomly one year...

Remember to purchase Team Upgrades. Especially the Goalie Coach upgrades, they really can turn an average goalie into amazing. I had Olaf Kolzig rated 99 at home because of the upgrades.

Who has this on the PC? I'd be willing to have a game or two online as the Leafs, any day. MSN me at desiredtoe@hotmail.com if your interested.

Edited by desiredtoe

I've just played a demo of this and it seemed like quite good fun.

Even though my time spent was just bodychecking people, it was all good. I don't know enough about the game (Teams, players and the like) for me to buy the full game. If I did, I'd buy though.

Guest Grapehead

God damn it. Well I'm playing through my dynasty with Ottawa, and I've built a pretty solid team, making a lot of changes from the base 05/06 roster(I made the heatley trade before starting, etc) and usually I play home games, sim road games, and then play the playoffs. I got fed up with penalty calls while playing, so I just simmed the rest of the season from the trade deadline(in my third year in the dynasty). My 97 overall rated Sens lost 9/10 through the end of march, then lost 3/5 down the stretch in April. I don't understand what is wrong with the simulation in the game, but teams rated 85 and 87 overall were crushing them. There's obviously something up, as my top players were scoring, but for some reason any goalie I put in the net lets in 4 or 5 a game. Anyone had trouble with there obviously dominant team, being simmed to hell? Or does EA just not like Ottawa?