Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

Benji

Its set after MK1 and before MK2 but you fight quite a few MK2 chars (not saying which or it ruins it) lets see advice well remember scenery fatalaties give no exp so try to avoid those if you can, multalities and brutalities suck ass and I never used them more than once. Upgrade specials before como's of course oh and I dont think you can use other fatalaties until you find the red koin that says the description in the extra's stuff.

Just finished with Lui Kang the other night to unlock Scorpion so going for Kung Lao to unlock Sub Zero

3000 exp is for the first one thats only one speical move upgrade so it takes sometime

oh and as fun as chopping people up with the pointy weapons is throwing them at them is even funner, and one more thing if you play it on two player you share one big health bar not two seperate ones lost count of how the times I died coz my pal kept getting his ass kicked

3000 exp is for the first one thats only one speical move upgrade so it takes sometime

oh and as fun as chopping people up with the pointy weapons is throwing them at them is even funner, and one more thing if you play it on two player you share one big health bar not two seperate ones lost count of how the times I died coz my pal kept getting his ass kicked

Ah I kind of bought it for Co-Op so I can play with J anyway. So do you just get upgrades from the EXP randomly? Will it tell you you got the upgrade past the first one?

Above your health it should have your experience so its easily trackable and for every 10 combo hits you get it will multiply the exp gained from kill i.e. 30 hit combo x3 exp. Or you can just fatality to get a big 500-600 chunk of exp to but no health given from that.

As for the moves pause the game takes you to the stats menu and just use R1 to move over to the moves section and see what you have and when you have enough exp thats where you upgrade

Guest Grapehead

I dunno if Evafreak meant you couldn't use fatalities until you learned them, but once you get the fatality ability near the start of the game, you can bust out any of your fatalities if you can figure them out, Kung Lao has the best fatalities though. Another thing, I believe I read the story is supposed to start right after MK1 and start rolling into MK2 almost right away.

Here's a question, how do you unlock MK2 in the game?

This game is beyond awesome, I've been playing it pretty much since I got it (Bar sleep) and it's just amazing, single player is fun and gets genuinely tougher later. Co-Op is where it gets its dues, the rivalry you get from seeing who can kill more and pull off more cool moves, the fact you have a joint health bar is brilliant because it means you don't have the accusations of "You stole my health!".

The only flaw I find with the gameplay is there are only 2 actual team moves, I figured with co-op you be able to do a shitload more, but c'est la vie, it's still fuckin' A.