Decided. Say hello to Mr. Arial.

IPB Image

01/13/2000

Channel: UPN

TV Rating: 5.63

Attendance: 5003

Ticket Sales: $200120

Y2J wants an explanation!

Right, even before the usual Smackdown! hype video begins, we go to backstage and see the current WWF Intercontinental Champion, Chris Jericho himself, standing in front of a door that has a "Shane McMahon"- plate on it. Jericho knocks the door and by receiving a "Come In...", walks to the room, where the WWF owner is sitting in a leather chair behind his wooden desk.

"Ahh, Chris, how may i help you?"

Chris Jericho: Don't try to pretend, Shane O'Mac, you know only damn too well.

Shane McMahon: No... Seriously, what is it?

Jericho walks towards Shane and soon they're so close to eachother that their faces even tought eachother.

Chris Jericho: You still try to act, huh? You gave Mick Foley the big title shot. And why is that? Because he betrayed me, and assaulted me, and turned into this SCARY assclown Mankind? I mean c'mon, he's in the World title schedule, i am not...

"Lissen', Chris..."

Chris Jericho: No, you listen, junior! I know that the fans trust me, you trust me, and i promise that i won't become an ass kisser or anything like Mrs. Foley's baby boy did. Still, it doesn't mean that there couldn't be a darker side of Chris Jer...

Suddenly, Shane grabs the Intercontinental title from Y2J's shoulder.

Shane McMahon: Now listen. This, and ONLY THIS *Points at the IC belt with his finger*... is the reason the Rumble's championship match isn't a Fatal 4 Way. So unfourtunately, since you are the current IC Champ, you just cannot automatically get a WWF title match. You have to earn it, and the next shot for you comes at the Royal Rumble. You'll enter as number... #27.

Chris Jericho: #27? Hell, Chris Jericho doesn't bother even if'd be #1! I will go to the Royal Rumble Match as the entry #27, and i will walk out as the contender, #1!

Chris Jericho seems to again get a little fired up, and almost leaves the room...

"Oh, and Chris..."

"Yeah?"

"You'll defend the IC title at the Rumble. Against Edge and Christian, in a Thriple Threat.

Jericho gets a little darker look on his face as he exits the door, and the Smackdown! opening video airs...

83%

Tag Team Match

Kai En Tai vs. Holly Cousins

It surprised me and i think it really impressed the Board that this match was, actually, wrestling gold. Not something you'd expect to hear when guys like Crash Holly and his "cousin" Hardcore f'n Holly are included, but still, it was gold in terms of quality. That's right, this match was the opener and it stood as the best match-up of the sole night with a very impressing match quality. The match featured mostly TAKA Michinoku and Hardcore Holly in the ring. The end came quickly, in around five minutes of the opener Sho Funaki hit the Tornado DDT to Hardcore. Meanwhile, TAKA dropped Crash off the apron and Funaki then pinned Bob Holly for the 3-count. As Kai En Tai celebrated their first victory in a long time, a sudden thought like this came to my mind - first, Hardcore Holly jobs to Kane. Next week, he defeats D'Lo Brown, "the future of the WWF". And then... and then, he loses to Funaki.

MQ 86% - CR 59% - OR 64% - Crash Holly lost overness from this match. Hardcore Holly lost overness from this match. Sho Funaki gained overness from this match. TAKA Michinoku gained overness from this match.

Triple Threat Elimination Tag Team Match

A.P.A vs. New Age Outlaws vs. Dudley Boyz

We immediatedly continue with good tag team action, and it now really seems to me that the WWF is starting to boast with it's impressive team division - featuring 8 active teams, it really is such a treasure compared to modern day's divisions. And tonight on SmackDown!, we got a special treat in form of a Triple Threat Elimination Tag Team Match. The winners would go and take on the Hardy Boyz on January 30th for the gold. This past Monday on RAW, if you will, the New Age Outlaws promised to evolve to the next level. Here tonight they came out with an entrance that really mocked the WCW's nWo - the lights turned to black and white, as well as did the TV screen of everyone that watched the broadcast at home. Gunn and Road Dogg weared dark jeans and no shirts at all. It was all about being 'bad ass'. The Dudleyz came out next while the A.P.A already was in the ring, and we kicked underway. This started as a 4 on 2- assault, when the Dudleyz and New Age Outlaws attacked Bradshaw and Faarooq. Bubba Ray and D-Von hammered Bradshaw together, but the N.A.O simply used a smart technique by relaxing at ringside, letting the Dudleyville locals do the hard job. Devon and Bubba soon noticed this, but decided to take the Acolytes out first. After some five minutes, Faarooq was out by the 3D. N.A.O then rolled into the ring, but it now seemed like the Dudleyz would still after all take the upper hand - they immediatedly started to stomp the New Age Outlaws. Things rolled on and then, after the match had gone for like 11 minutes (yes, the WWF now really pushes the Tag Team Division), Gunn was alone in the ring with the Road Dogg laying out at ring side, and the Dudleys prepared for the Dudley Death Drop to Gunn. However, Dogg healed just about in time and grabbed D-Von from foot, sliding him out of the ring. Dogg slided in and took Bubba down with a Ax Handle. The N.A.O then hit a Double Powerbomb on Bubba Ray Dudley and Billy Gunn made the cover; 1, 2, 3! "It's Hardyz vs. New Age Outlaws at the Royal Rumble, for the WWF Tag Team Championship, on January 30th, LIVE on Pay-Per-View!", Michael Cole yelled at ringside immediatedly after the bell rang.

MQ 76% - CR 70% - OR 65% - Bubba Ray Dudley debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response. D-Von Dudley debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response. Road Dogg debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response. Billy Gunn debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response.

Commercial Break

A new attitude

We see the fourth video tape in two weeks now, and in the footsteps of Jericho, Austin and Sean O'Haire shall be continuing the New Age Outlaws, who just won an impressive #1 Contenders' match. This doesn't feature any match/action clips, instead it copies from the nWo without a real shade of shame at all - we have black, white and gray colors, and even the logo is done new World order way - "n.A.o" - It's all against the WCW now! Will these two men regain the Tag Team Championship at the Royal Rumble?

69%

Brother love... no, not that guy.

The video clip is cut off, and we then continue our travel with Thursday Night SmackDown! with Edge and Christian sitting on coaches in their locker room, drinking champagne and looking pretty damn statisfied. Christian starts the chat:

"You know, i almost could get used to this."

Edge: You said it.

Christian: Imagine, Shane McMahon actually has some friggin' balls. He made the smartest decision of his life since stopping to suck Linda McMahon's nipple - *Christian gives a disgusted look*, and that was over twenty years ago...

Edge: Hahaha, just imagine when we walk out with the WWF Intercontinental Championship, bro. Royal Rumble will be all ours!

Christian: Dude... WAIT! Isn't the IC title... uhh... kinda - a - SINGLES TITLE?

Edge: *Looks surprised*. SHEESH! I haven't thought about that!

What the other doesn't have... the other doesn't have it either. Though these guys have skills... This wasn't the best they can do, not by a long shot.

70%

Singles Match

WWF Womens Championship

The Kat © vs. Trish Stratus

The crowd didn't care too much (except Trish's revealing suit - YUMMY!), even despite the Womens Championship being up for grabs. I think the audience was screwed - we all knew how this would going to end, since The Kat hasn't been on TV since Vince left the company - Trish Stratus quickly ended this crapfest with the Stratusfaction, capturing the WWF Womens title in a DUD match.

MQ 23% - CR 69% - OR 49%

Mankind's sick games

We see a dark room, where only a candle light reveals Mankind that is sitting on a chair. There's nobody else around, as Mankind starts to speak...

"I have learned, that Steve Austin isn't here tonight. One would say due to An injury - Some might say he's preparing - He's not in 100% condition, you may think. It now seems, that Mankind is the only one who knows the real reason Austin isn't here; He's scared. He's afraid because I kicked that little Texas- side ass... with an other British ass... and gave him an ass-whooping of his life. I made Stone Cold bleed... and i had a good time. As a matter of fact, i think Austin won't show up on Monday either. Because if he knows his own good, that bald-headed-bastard will never show his gone blond hair in the WWF again... IF, he knows what's the best for him."

The candle light stops...

84%

Commercial Break

Triple Threat Match

Chris Jericho vs. Tazz vs. British Bulldog

It is now time for Thursday Night's MAIN EVENT BABY~! And what better way to celebrate the new era of the World Wrestling Federation, that kick off with the number 13 that started to flick in the big screen - the behemoth from Brooklyn, the Tazmanian devil, the Human Suplex Machine, Tazz, was out first. He hit the ring and British Bulldog came out first. "And you know, this man might very well be our next WWF Champ after Royal Rumble is done with", Michael Cole commented at ringside, with Howard Finkel simply nodding his head. Bulldog and Tazz eventually looked like they'd shake hands, but decided to not go that way. Chris Jericho of course came out to a huge response from the audience, without the WWF Intercontinental title however - looks like he'd want to get rid of it or something. Y2J still was all smiling, clearly thinking about a possible title shot at WrestleMania. He should be thinking about far other things than that. The contest began with Jericho fighting both Bulldog and Tazz off. He eventually even managed to drop Tazz out of the ring. However all good comes to an end, and immediatedly Y2J turned around, British Bulldog nailed him with a boot to guts. He then took Jericho for a wylde ride with a Scoop Slam, followed by an Elbow Drop. He immediatedly took some speed from thje ring ropes and nailed Jericho with a Running Leg Drop. A cover, one, two, but Chris Jericho kicks out. Bulldog grabs Y2J from the neck- section and keeps punching him, making it look pretty sadistic, pretty evil. Bulldog then gets to his feet and does a Chris Masters- style muscle pose, receiving some screams from the ladies in the crowd. Tazz returns to the ring now and takes Bulldog down with a German Suplex. Tazz was in control for the next minutes. After an excellent match of some 14 minutes, Jericho got to his feet while Tazz and the British Bulldog hammered each other with hard right hands. Jericho used the chance to hit a Double Bulldog, and then, even a Double Lionsault! Bulldog and Tazz were close enough to eachother! Jericho locks in the Walls Of Jericho on Tazz, and the "Human Suplex Machine" soon yells and screams in pain - it's hell of a hard, to break out of that hold... but the British Bulldog kicks Y2J to stomach section, and hits a demolishing Running Powerslam! That shook the ring, and Chris Jericho is out cold! THE cover, 1... 2... 3! It looks like we might have gotten some preview of the Royal Rumble here tonight, as the British Bulldog scores an impressive victory from a big-time triple threat. His music plays as he gets up to his feet and climbs up to one of the four turnbuckles. He shows off his muscles and yells "Did you see THAT, Steve?! Huh?!? Did you see THAT?" at the camera. The announcers hype the British Bulldog as a very likely next WWF Champion, as SmackDown! goes off the air.

MQ 80% - CR 84% - OR 73%

Guest Lazy Slapnut

Booking Team Meeting - Shane McMahon's mansion

01/17/2000

Shane McMahon: Gentlemen... welcome.

It was outside, or in a huge terrace as a matter of fact. A terrace that took place over at Shane McMahon's private mansion. Shane and Vince apparently couldn't even live at the same place anymore. It was a sunny day also, though the snow didn't yet show any signs of melting. Shane sat on a chair at the end of a long, wooden table. Gerald Brisco took some papers from his suitcase, while Pat Patterson looked like he'd be ready to start the conversation at any time.

Shane McMahon: So, how did the first two weeks go?

Gerald Brisco read some papers as he said...

"It appears... that... we defeated WCW, in the ratings. Despite they have Rock, and Triple H, and Kurt Angle, and Ric Flair, and those guys. We kicked their butt, though the ratings are quite even."

Shane McMahon: So when does their Sin - Pay-Per-View take place... wasn't it this Sunday?

Gerald Brisco: It indeed is, and...

Pat Patterson: ...headlining with The Rock vs. Kevin Nash for the WCW World Championship, they might do big bussiness. Also, our spies over at WCW have found out that HHH'll be battlin' against Kurt Angle in a Street Fight.

Shane McMahon: But we have the Rumble match, with a winner that should do the trick. And the Triple Threat for the World title. We offer two main events for the price of one, so how could the fans possibly not tune in to see what the hell we're going to do?!

Pat Patterson: Sir, i'm very confident that we'll come out as the winners.

Shane McMahon: Very good. Now then, what about the new pushes?

Brisco and Patterson looked at eachother, both with scary looks on their faces.

Gerald Brisco: Uhh... i BELIEVE that's Mr. Harris' area...

Shane McMahon: And where is Harris?!?

*KNOCK KNOCK*.

A somewhat of a mid-thirties old, apparently drunken man wearing a "Kiss My Ass"- T- shirt and ripped jeans walked in to the terrace to shock of all three. Mr. Harris, Carl Harris actually - that's the name you'll know me as, as the story goes on...

Me: Okay, okay... what?! What the f*ck are you starin' at old man?!

Patterson gave me a glare.

Shane McMahon: Carl, please don't tell me you're drunk again?

Me: If it makes you happy, boss... i ain't drunkeeeeeeeeh!

Gerald Brisco: You sound like Goldberg.

Me: G, no funnay.

I was barely able to sit on a chair - well, actually i fell on it - and then, it became dark...

Sunday Night HeAT quick results

Tazz def. Gillberg - 63%

Interview with Stevie Richards - 74% - Stevie Richards gained overness from this segment.

Test def. Sean O'Haire - 61%

Kane hype video - 70%

Interview with Hardy Boyz - 66%

Jeff Hardy def. Billy Gunn - 72%

Road Dogg def. Matt Hardy - 75%

OVERALL: 60%

Wow, it really took a while until you adressed the the title situation. Shouldn't be the first thing for everyone to go after the vacant title. Is this title so unimportant that you don't really mention it for a few shows.

But though it's a pretty good start, hope you'll update regularly.

Perhaps you could mark the winner of matches.

Guest Lazy Slapnut

IPB Image

PREVIEW

01/17/2000

We are 14 days away from the spectacular Royal Rumble, and tonight, Monday Night RAW comes LIVE from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, as the road to Charlotte, North Carolina continues! All the biggest World Wrestling Federation stars will be around, and we also have the biggest main event in RAW history. Of course, next week's will be even bigger. Well, the next from that will be the no-doubt biggest. But tonight, it's quite big too.

As Rumble comes closer, the superstars are starting to be all fired-up. Everyone wants to make sure they grab the victory, but only one man will get the main event match at WrestleMania 16.

Confirmed Matches

X-Pac, who has been in somewhat of an emotional rollercoaster lately, takes on D-Von from Dudleyville. Will X-Pac finally make the "change of heart" he's been talking about for the past two weeks?

Steve Blackman, Sean O'Haire and Test will duke it out in a Triple Threat. Will Blackman be able to prevail, with these two rising and young stars included?

Hardcore Holly gets a shot at Val Venis and the WWF European title.

In a huge blockbuster main event, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Chris Jericho tag together to square off with their arch-enemies, Mankind and the British Bulldog.

Plus: Jim Ross interviews Steve Austin in the ring about Royal Rumble, and much more 8 p.m on USA Network.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lazy Slapnut

IPB Image

WWF Monday Night RAW!

01/17/2000

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Channel: USA Network

TV Rating: 5.07

Attendance: 4049

Ticket Sales: $ 161960

Segment 1

SINGLES MATCH

X-Pac vs. D-Von Dudley

-The direction that the WWF is going, with nearly all thw main eventers lost to WCW seventeen days ago from here, and only two plus one upper midcarder remaining, indeed was seen in the opening match tonight. It's been quite a long time in the World Wrestling Federation, that we've had a heel vs. heel- match, but that was the case now. Sure, we have seen hints of X-Pac's possible turn over the weeks, but it isn't official yet. To describe you this match-up itself, let's say that the quality was better than i expected, and-uhh... the crowd reaction sucked-aahhh... surprisingly low welcome actuall-aah... and uhh... HHH is out. X-Pac would have won this otherwise, but in the ending Bubba Ray Dudley came down the aisle. X-Pac was about to hit D-Von with a Superkick, when Bubba Ray grabbed him from left foot. As Buh Buh distracted X-Pac, D-Von was able to finish things off with the Dudleyville Drop. Aftermath, as the Dudleyz walked to the back, we saw X-Pac looking furious and miserable at the same time. The loss streak just keeps going and going...

MQ 69% - CR 50% - OR 59%

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Segment 2

The Dudleyz set a sick goal

After we return from the vicious commercials, it seems that Bubba Ray and D-Von actually had just about enough time to drag their asses to a interviewing area. Here, we have all kinds of cliché stuff, featuring such as; a RAW- logo behind the workers; a red 'n' black curtain out there somewhere... and announcer that looks scared as hell.

D-Von Dudley: So... ya' got somethin' to say?!

Howard Finkel didn't say a thing. Old creepy bastard. Now, Bubba Ray suddenly grabbed Finkel from his throat.

Bubba Ray Dudley: Did you hear that, punk? My half-brother just asked a clear question?! At once, we came here with actually being 'OK' with it, so if i were you Howard Finkel, and thank Lord i am not, i'd start to use those old and tired lips of yours. Make some voice!

Bubba Ray let Finkel go, who then straightened his suit a bit, took a more impressive standing style and...

"What do you guys feel, of not being included in the World Tag Team titles match at the Royal Rumble?"

Bubba Ray Dudley: Whatta... that's it?

D-Von Dudley: How do you think we feel? We feel f*cked up, we feel it badly. Just because we cannot jump from the top of the house's roof and we don't paint our faces like some 10- year olds, we are not included in that match.

Bubba Ray Dudley: But you know what? Oh, you know what? We don't need those belts. We don't need ECW, and we don't need the WWF Tag Team Championships either. Simple... we are bigger, than the legacy of the World Tag Team Titles...

Howard Finkel: Excuse me?! How can you not respect the belts that were once held by such greats like the Midnight Express, and the Legion of Doom?

Bubba Ray Dudley: They can aaaaaaaaaaalllll, kiss my ass.

D-Von Dudley: But, heh heh, i feel kinda grateful as i stand here today. Those guys worked so damn hard, to produce titles that could be honored and respected... In fact, they worked their asses off to make the belts, that we could spit on!

Bubba Ray then turned towards D-Von.

"That's perfect!

-What?

-Let's find those damn belts, and spit on 'em!"

D-Von Dudley: Uhh, i'm not sure 'bout this bro, it was kinda meant to be a joke...

Bubba Ray Dudley: Oh c'mon! A bit adventure! E-C-Dubya, you know?! What's more extreme than to spit on some belts?

The Dudleyz then exit the area, as Finkel is left alone. What an interesting promo. Props to Dudleyz for... 1. Coming out with another great idea. 2. Gaining some image for the Tag belts.

80%

Segment 3

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

Steve Blackman vs. Sean O'Haire vs. Test

-Though this was "just" middlecard bussiness, i heard that Shane McMahon was interested in this. The boss himself. We all know that Shane digs Test and might even set him for a ME run. I don't get it; Sure, the guy could match Hogan in what it comes to brawling, but even a paper-covered hill of shit is more charismatic. There's Steven Blackman, and my oh my the rumour mill is going wild about him. Some say that he's the next WWF Intercontinental Champion - likely not, but he'd be worth a push. Shane McMahon still feels that with Blackman being 35 years old, and very low-charismatic (even lower than Test... yes, it's possible...), his possible time in stardom would be very limited. And then there's the thus-far undefeated Sean O'Haire, that bragging title would soon come to an end... Well then, the match description. A very entertaining one. This one even kept going for 11 minutes, apparently as a part of the WWF's attempt to make the mid-card look strong enough to build future mega-stars. Then again, it's not working, at least not yet, with this contest drawing a miserable crowd reaction. The match was "out of limits", with Test and Blackman going at it even outside the ring, while O'Haire's "intelligence" was brought in to play, as he just watched the two battled. The fight then went back in-side the ring and it finally was finished, with an ending that no-one expected. Everybody thought O'Haire'd won this - but no. Test was knocked out by a thunderous clothesline, by Sean O'Haire. Blackman then used the advantage to hit the Guillotine Kick to Sean. A f'n cover, and by God, it was over! Steve Blackman had beaten Sean O'Haire! The crowd actually went kinda nuts. Blackman's right arm was then raised by the referee as a sign of victory.

MQ 71% - CR 55% - OR 63%

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Segment 4

The Rattlesnake Returns!

Right after O'Haire, Blackman and Test have left the ring, Jim Ross leaves the ringside announcing position and starts to walk towards Lillian Garcia. No worry Lil', he ain't going to rape you, just taking a microphone. Ross then steps into the ring and after reaching the middle of it, he waits for the crowd to quiet down.

Jim Ross: Even though i probably say this too late... WELCOME, TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW EVERYONE!

Some nice cheers for this. Make sure no-one turns to TNT!

Jim Ross: Despite i'm a Sooner-to-bone, it's always great to hit the state of Pennsylvania. *Another cheap pop* Now, why am i here now, is an awesome reason. He's back, ladies and gentlemen. He may have got beaten badly by the British Bulldog and Mankind last week, but now, he's back, and he's back with a vengeance in his mind. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, i give you - Stone, Cold, Steve, AUSTIN!

The glass shatters, the blue spotlights start their race around the hall, the fans are on their feet. Who else could it be, than Stone Cold? He walks out to the stage, to maybe the biggest pop he's ever received. He smiles though, as he walks down the aisle and rolls into the ring. Up to the all the four turnbuckles he goes, and then we're ready...

Jim Ross: Steve, first of all, welcome back.

Steve Austin: Well i wouldn't go that far, JR. Maybe i got my ass kicked by some little winers last Monday, but hell, that was seven days ago, and i'm already here! I sure do hope the little assault i had here last week wasn't the best they're capable of... 'CAUUSE, if it was, there's NO DOUBT Stone Cold Steve Austin's walking out, of the Royal Rumble, as the new World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion.

Jim Ross: You're as confident as always. For those who didn't tune in last week for RAW, let's get a re-call...

"Austin celebrates as he has beaten the E&C, but then the car crashes! It's him! Mankind is here! Mankind is here, but... nobody comes out from the back, but rather from the crowd, and Austin knows nothing about it, as he stares at the rampway. Mankind even grabs a steel chair from the ringside, just like last Thursday night. Wait... here comes British Bulldog! Bulldog runs down to the ring while Austin taunts "Come On!", still knowing nothing about Mankind being here. Bulldog and Austin! The Rattlesnake gets the best out of Bulldog and is about to win the brawl, but then Mankind's here with a cheap-shot with a chair, straight to the spine of Stone Cold! Austin falls down to his knees and Mankind hits another chair shot on Austin, this time forcing Austin to kneel in front of the Bulldog. Bulldog does an arrogant taunt as Mankind continues the series of chair-shots! Finally, Mankind throws away the chair and lets the British Bulldog to beat the livin' hell out of Austin. As Bulldog hits him to forehead about twenty times, Austin starts to bleed... Austin is out."

Jim Ross: What did you think, when you received that beating?

Steve Austin: *Smiles*. I thought about kicking their ass next week! In all seriouseness, what exactly can you think in that kinda' situation? Two allied idiots are beating the living hell out of you, JR, it's quite hard to think about a damn thing. On the other hand, Mankind and British Bulldog! I know you're there in the back, and i know you hear me! Hear this, it comes straight from the Bible of Austin 3:16; What did you think? Hahaha, when Stone Cold Steve Austin gets his ass kicked, will he... A - Go to a corner, stuck a thumb to his mouth and cry and wine like a baby b*tch that you two so perfectly play? OR B - Find those two morons who kicked his ass, deliver them the exact same asswhoopin', with some little damn beer added to it, some fury, add there will of revenge, a little bit passion for the bussiness, and wham bam boo, kick the worst assholes on this side of Ted Turner?! *The crowd always goes crazy when Steve talks like that without swallowing...* If you wanna see Stone Cold go with option B, gimme a hell yeah!

A loud "Hell Yeah!" fills the arena.

Steve Austin: I can't even hear you - GIMME A HELL YEAH!

"Hell Yeah!", even louder one.

Steve Austin: The fans have spoken, i just can't skip their option - Crydog, Childkind, on January 30th, i'll take you to Hell and back! I'll take the WWF Championship to where it belongs, and that's at the warm armpit of a blond-haired angel by the name of Steve Austin. And that's the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold said so!

The glass shatters again and Austin and Ross shake hands. Austin then climbs up to all four turnbuckles, and does his usual taunts. Will he and Y2J prevail later tonight?

91%

Segment 5

WWF European Championship

SINGLES MATCH

Val Venis © vs. Hardcore Holly

-"And here we go! The European gold up for grabs!", Jim Ross said after the ringbell rang and he had returned to the announcing table, where Jonathan Coachman said that "No doubt, we'll have a new Champ in form of Hardcore Holly". JR and Coach then started arguing about who's going to win, but we shall focus on the ring action, now shall we? This match had an... well, rather occurd beginning; Val Venis and Hardcore Holly were about to shake hands. Just before their hands touched eachother, Venis slided his away and then slided his hand on his hair. So what's so strange? Venis is the face and Holly is the heel here, stuff like this hasn't happened since the days of Shawn Michaels. Holly didn't watch Venis' actions with a big smile, no, he actually nailed Venis with a hard-hitting, STIFF clothesline that almost took Val's head off! Holly then yelled "Come on!" to Venis, who did get up to his feet, and he countered Holly's DDT attempt to a DDT of his own! As Holly fell down, Venis yelled "Come on!" too, to frustrate Holly. Holly got up to his feet and then he ran against Venis, only to receive a Russian Leg Sweep. Holly again on the mat, and Venis here with a Jumping Elbow Drop. Connects, and it gets then followed by a cover. One, two, no, only a two-count, but the WWF European Champion doesn't show any signs of slowing down here. Venis grabs Holly up and... Oh, a "deadly" poke to eye by Hardcore. Venis sure feels the effect in that one, as Holly is able to take some time to recover. But "What the hell?" is probably what every single fan here tonight in P.A thinks, as Holly climbs up the turnbuckle. Well yeah, slowly, but he still does. As he is up there, he yells "How d'ya like me now?" and then plants Venis with an incredible Diving Elbow shot to face! Both men are down again, but Holly moves first and drops his right arm on the Champ's chest. 1... 2... KICKOUT! Val Venis is just able to kick out before the three, and Hardcore cannot believe it. Holly starts to stomp Val Venis in anger, so badly that Venis' chest becomes totally red. Holly then grabs Venis up, only to get rolled into a Small Package Pin. 1, 2, no, this time it is Hardcore Holly who kicks out in time. Both men are up and run against eachother and... "BUH GAWD!", JR yells, "Alabama Slam - outta nowhere!". Yes, indeed, Holly planted his secondary finisher. A cover, 1, 2... 3! WHAT? WHAT? Hardcore Holly has done it! The crowd is in absolute chaos, as Teddy Long (hahaha...) hands the WWF European Championship belt to Hardcore Holly, who gets up to his feet, looking as prideful as he just can.

MQ 71% - CR 68% - OR 69%

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Segment 6

The man... the myth... Double H!

Right after the commercial break, we see the new champion at the exactly same place where the Dudleyz and Howard Finkel were earlier tonight. Holly has a big smile on his face, as Jim Cornette (who is a heel announcer here...) starts to interview...

Jim Cornette: Hardcore, F'N, Holly! First of all, gongratulations for your victory!

The two men shake hands.

Hardcore Holly: Thank you, Jim, thank you. Ahh, the sweet smell of a new era! Tonight, it's January 17th 2000 - Ten minutes ago it was just another ordinary Monday, but not any more by a long shot. Oh no, it's morning again in America! Everywhere, from New York City, to Pittsburgh, Penssylvania, all the way to my home area Mobile, Alabama, people rise the USA flag high up to the air. They do it in Europe too... of course, without the flags. Or something. BUT, despite what this belt says, "Dubya Dubya F European Champ", I am a global champion. I am today's hero, Jim Cornette!

Jim Cornette: You sure are, you sure are. What about Val Venis? Will he get a rematch?

Holly thinks about something for like eight seconds.

Hardcore Holly: Well, as we all know, he is from Canada. And even though I can't stand Canada, I guess, that as a global hero it's my duty to be fair to each country. But long behold - he has to earn a re-match if he wants one. But hey, why would he want one? I defeated him fair and square, the result would be no different. I am a proud champion. A defending champion. The champion of all the people.

Jim Cornette: All the people?

Hardcore Holly: Aaaaaaaaallllllll, the people. I hereby announce myself as the NEW People's Champion! *Bursts to a laughter*. BUT WAIT! Since I have to take care, of people too, from 100- years olds to youngsters, I have to change my name a bit, you know. It has to be over. You can call me People's Champion, Hardcore Holly... uhh... DOUBLE H... or whatever you prefer. "Hero" is OK too. Now excuse me, I believe my limo is waiting.

Holly then walks off, leaving Cornette alone, gasping.

66%

Segment 7

Because T&A sells...

We see a bikini video of Trish Stratus. It simply cannot be described any other way. Sheesh...

81% - Trish Stratus gained overness from this segment.

Segment 8

Because angry young man sells...

Right after the previous video ends, and we go back to the arena, the big screen, the titantron starts to flicker. "13" can be seen between the flickers, and we all know what this means, now don't we? Tazz's music starts to play, to receive a mixed reaction from the audience. "The Human Suplex Machine"'s face then appears on the titantron.

"We are just fourteen short days away, from the night i will fulfill my destiny. I will get a chance, and i plan to use mine right. And that is winning the Royal Rumble, and going to WrestleMania 2000's main event. All these other men who enter... Kane... Chris Jericho... Edge and Christian... Rikishi... Val Venis... what chances do they actually have against, the Tazmanian Devil. On January 30th, "The Human Suplex Machine" will overcome all the odds, and bring the hope back, to the World Wrestling Federation."

Tazz's picture fades and we go to yet another commercial break. The viewers were screwed.

75%

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Segment 9

TAG TEAM MATCH

Steve Austin & Chris Jericho vs. Mankind & British Bulldog

-As we came back from the commercials, Chris Jericho and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin were already standing in the ring with Y2J's music playing. They tied their wristbands and such, and then, British Bulldog's music started to play. Jim Ross commented; "A powerhouse, a monster, a machine. This man right here the British Bulldog, is a very strong candidate to be the next WWF World Champion.". The Coach then agreed with J.R, and that doesn't happen often. As Mankind's music started to play - his original one, actually, we're back to old school - Jim Ross said that "Here comes that sell-out, who betrayed each and every one of us, with no reason really." Jonathan Coachman disagreed; "Come on JR, his position in the card was going down." Ross and Coachman then started arguing, but immediatedly started to yell other things as Jericho jumped on both Bulldog and Mankind with a Vaulting Body Press, over the top ropes to the floor! A strong "Y2J"- chant immediatedly begun as he hammered both men with the best he can. He was actually able to keep this up for about twenty seconds, while Steve Austin walked out of the ring and slapped the fans hands' and such. When he noticed that Bulldog was able to gore Jericho with a clothesline, Texas Rattlesnake immediatedly came into play, and started to punch and chest-chop his British arch-nemesis. He then rolled Bulldog inside the ring and Austin then went there too. It looks like these two will start the match, with Chris Jericho and Mankind awaiting at ringsides. Austin continues to hammer the British Bulldog, and eventually, hits an Atomic Drop. A kick to gut by Austin and followed by a Backdrop. Bulldog came down, it looked pretty bad in what it comes to neck's health. Austin tagged in Jericho, who danced his usual babyface taunts before nailing B.B with a simple shot, still making it look quite deadly. Jericho then stared a glare at Mankind before receiving a referee-of-course-didn't-see-it- low blow from Bulldog. Who then tagged in Mankind. Heel-Foley is now starting to actually receive only jeers from the crowd, it's not like the mixed reaction like in the past few weeks. Mankind falls on Chris Jericho's body with an Elbow Drop, and there's even a few more of them. Mankind then locks Y2J to a Half Boston Crab, which can be quite a devastating move if executed perfectly. As Jericho started to bend towards the red ropes, we... uhh...

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

What? Is 5 breaks per a two-hours show bad, huh? In order to not to make Jericho look weak, the break only lasted for 46 seconds. So as we came back, Jericho was still struggling in the hands of Mankind's HBG. Jericho, however, got a hold from the ropes almost immediatedly as we came back, and therefore Mankind was forced to break the submission hold. In order to keep his team 'fresh', Mankind again tagged in the British Bulldog, who now has started to act very cockily. The difference is, before he was just aggressive. Now he's both. Bulldog grabbed Jericho up by his goldilocks and then lifted him up. A devastating Gorilla Press Slam! That sure shook the ring! Bulldog then posed off his muscles, before planting Y2J with a Standing Leg Drop. A cover, but Jericho kicks out, even before the two-count. Remember, in the 80's, that was Hogan's finisher. Wow, it sure is deadly. Bulldog taunted Austin before grabbing Jericho up, and hitting a Reverse Atomic Drop. Austin now had to interfere, at least a little bit, and he did it by first nailing Bulldog to spine with a Running Ax Handle. And then, a Spinning Spinebuster. Austin then dragged Jericho to their corner and dragged himself in. Not very babyface- kind of acting, but as long as it gets the job done... Steve Austin runs into the ring, with full adredaline, and Bulldog goes down with a clothesline. Mankind gets dropped down the apron with a Running Elbow Attack. Austin then focuses on the Bulldog and connects many chest chops. Austin then plants B.B to stomach with his boot and goes for the Stone Cold Stunner... but Bulldog reverses and turns into the Oklahoma Slam/Running Powerslam! Meanwhile, Mankind tosses Jericho into steel steps outside the ring. A cover by Bulldog, one, two, NO! The crowd erupts and goes crazy as Steve Austin just kicks out before the three. And The British Bulldog ultimately cannot stand it. He doesn't believe it. Austin has already gotten back to one knee, somewhy holding his ribs... but he doesn't realize that Mankind is back in the ring. With the sledgehammer in his hand. And he starts to choke Steve Austin with it. Earl Hebner focuses on Chris Jericho's condition, and Mankind is choking Austin with a sledgehammer. He then lets go, and Austin humbles straight into a Pumphandle Slam by the Bulldog! A cover... 1... 2... 3. "Does it always have to end like this?", Jim Ross says at behind the announce table, sounding miserable. Mankind quickly threw the sledge away, and then he and the British Bulldog started to taunt, looking to different directions (Bulldog at the entrance way). As they both walked backwards, their bodies clashed. They both turned around and saw eachother, with Austin's fallen body under them. They glared at eachother, as Monday Night RAW went off the air, with the fans throwing trash to the ring.

MQ 80% - CR 88% - OR 85%

Overall Rating of the Show: 73%

---------------------

Okay, so nowadays i use centering and the normal board style. I like it a lot, i like it more than the two previous style - this will be my diary's "official" font. So blah.

Edited by Lazy Slapnut

Guest Lazy Slapnut

*The official "Royal Rumble 2000" poster has been revealed on WWF.com...*

IPB Image

(((Full credit goes to my... uhh... my buddy kempay. That poster is pure quality, i tell you. I love it. I use it as a passion to write on, to move on.)))

• 1 year later...