Best of 7 Graphic Series

So yes, I'm looking for someone (Preferably someone well-established as a good designer here) to face me in a Best-of-7 graphic series.

First person to get 4 wins, wins it all. Who's game?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus you and I are like graphic rivals anyway :P

Rule us up people, let's start the first round.

rules: you've finally done it! you have a nice steady job with a new upcoming game making company. you are usually just designing artwork for the new games but one day at lunch break you were bullshitting with your friends about a cool game idea. your boss overheard you and wants to make that idea a reality. But first you need to design the pc box artwork for your game.

size is up to you as well as game type and genre . it must be a made up pc game though

Sounds good to me, I'll get started if JP is cool with it.

Guest Chaos Theory

Match 2 Rules

You've been chosen to design a poster for "The Forgotten War", otherwise Known as the Korean war. You graphic must include the Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines. And maybe a battle scene if you can fit it in. The best poster will be chosen and made for a local KWVA chapter.

(Taken stragiht from the other battle. As it seems that one is never going to happen.

Guest Pizza Boy

Match 3

You've been chosen to make a poster for a retiring superstar...who happens to be your favorite wrestler. Your objective is to make a poster for your fav superstar, with monumental points throughout his career.

I came up with a new gaming company for this, 'Forsaken Pixel', and made them a logo. Then, after fucking around with a multitude of ideas...I finally found the one perfect for this.

"Eve" is a futuristic-esque style third-person shooter game, where you take control of James Reeve, member of the New York coast guard. Fighting your way through the undead, ghosts, and other haunting anomalies, you struggle to find out the cause for this sudden other-worldly invasion, and a way to put an end to it. Eventually, you find out that the answers to your questions lie within the very core of the first ship that brought forth the invasion...

December 31st, 2034: The eve of the end.

EveCover.jpg

Flat Version: http://home.ripway.com/2005-8/402065/EveFlat.jpg

Full Version: http://home.ripway.com/2005-8/402065/EveFull.jpg

Good luck, JP (Y)

Oh yeah, and in spirit of it being a 'Best of 7' series...first to 4 votes wins the round.

Edited by Norris Scott

simply amazing Norris. I really like it. everything is nice tidy and professional looking. also are those screenshots from that zombie game on the ps2 that takes place on a ship ?

Basically, there are three easter eggs on the cover.

1: Samara from 'The Ring' is the girl on the front cover

2: The girl used in the posters for the upcoming game 'F.E.A.R.' is the girl on the back cover

3: Screenshots were taken from 'Cold Fear', a zombie game that takes place on a ship, just like Doc says.

Glad you liked it Doc, I was hoping to get feedback from you since you made the rules :)

didn't recognize the woman from the Fear poster. but the others I knew looked familar. how do you get the 3d preview to look like that. I have an action that does it for me(downloaded it somewhere) but my end result (the 3d part) doesn't look as realistic as yours

didn't recognize the woman from the Fear poster. but the others I knew looked familar. how do you get the 3d preview to look like that. I have an action that does it for me(downloaded it somewhere) but my end result (the 3d part) doesn't look as realistic as yours

I use 'IMANDIX_Cover' for my 3D-making process, and usually just fuck around with the highlight and shadow settings...because pending on the cover, different settings look more realistic. So I always preview the settings before I save, to make sure it looks good.

thats a different one than I hyave. mind linking me to the template ?

Also do you know of any good cd cover(and disc label) templates. I used to have one saved but lost it

http://www.imandix.com/download/IMANDIX_Cover.zip

Once you unzip it, just put a shortcut to 'cover.exe' on your desktop for quick use. The rest just leave alone--it's the template images.

As far as the label thing, not really...I'll be looking for some soon though, so I'll give you a link soon enough. Meanwhile, you should really join up with and check out the following board, as they have TONS of high-quality DVD/Game Cover Scans, as well as alot of custom-made covers: http://www.generetic.org/

thanks a lot. I' think I've signed up but haven't posted nothing yet cuase by the looks of things I'd be outclassed by some of those guys over there.Also i remember reading you had to pay to post your graphics.. its definetly a big community though and i'll probably end up post there soon.

thanks a lot. I' think I've signed up but haven't posted nothing yet cuase by the looks of things I'd be outclassed by some of those guys over there.Also i remember reading you had to pay to post your graphics.. its definetly a big community though and i'll probably end up post there soon.

You only have to pay if you can't earn your way in.

Basically, go to the 'Proving Grounds' and post your works as far as DVD/Game Covers go, and hope for the best. You should be able to get approved.

I got improved just off of my Wrestling DVD covers, actually. Thanks to the place I've gotten better ever since.

...just use the IMANDIX one I gave Doc the link to XD

All you have to do after that is create your cover using the regular flat layout like I did.