• Jim Furyk
    • Sergio Garcia
    • Davis Love III
    • Phil Mickelson
    • Vijay Singh
    • Mike Weir
    • Tiger Woods
    • Other (Specify)

Phil Mickelson answered the call at the Masters winning his first major and I think he'll make 2 for 2 here. He's been pretty goodl lately and this is gonna be one tough course. Don't be surprised to see the winning score above par. This US Open also marks the return of one of my all time favorites, David Duval.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

The person who wins the US Open has to hit the ball straight off the tee, you don't get away with anything 5-10 yards off the fairway, every US Open course is tough, and is set up in that way so the longer hitters can't hit the green from wayward positions off the tee.

Mickelson's course managment has improved greatly hence the Masters victory, but he still can be wayward from the tee and the US Open setup does'nt suit his game as well as The Masters did.

Im going with Vijay Singh to win it, he has been awesome over the past 18 months he has shown little weakness in any part of his game, and the only thing missing from his great form recently is another major. I'd put Els, Justin Rose and the in-form Sergio Garcia (if he keeps it straight off the tee) as other contenders, and of course Tiger Woods will be in contention even if he is the middle of the pack going into the 4th round.

On a side note Im gutted Montgomerie isn't there, years are running out for him and his shot at winning a major looks to have passed him by, if he does'nt win a major then without question he will be the greatest player to have never won a major. Even so he will lead from the front in this year's Ryder Cup an will be a force there as always.

Wow, RawIsWar really went out on a limb there in stating the obvious.

Anyway .... I alwasy root for Els. He's one of my favorites. As long as Sergio isn't on the screen, I'm good with it.

Of course, the CWS is seriously cutting into my US Open watching time.

As much as I do despise the sport of golf, there is something about ol' Lefty that I can't help but cheer. Ever since he adopted his more laid-back playing style, he's been practically money in the bank.

I do think he's set himself up for disaster here, as now he's got to hold onto the lead for the entire weekend, which is usually murder on a person's mental state.

As for Duval, don't look for him to do too much after the Open. He just comes across as someone who is too carefree to really put much effort into furthering his PGA career.

I want Vijay to win it he's been playing very well this year and deserves to win a big event. I think it'll be close between Vijay Singh, Ernie Els and Phil Mickelson. Feel there will also be an outsider (Haas possibly?!) in it up until the 14th where they will start boggying holes.

Edited by Sam

At last check, he was at 20-over.

He shot a 13 over 83 yesterday. Something in the mid 70s would've been acceptable today. The thing about yesterday was that he had a great birdie on the first and a great part save on the 2nd. I thought he would do more then what was expected yesterday.

i dont watch golf much, but this has just gotten interesting now that its tied.

Stupid Ratief Goosen had to ruin it. Phil is the man. His gallaries are crazy, the support for him is just crazy. He's a whole new golfer this year. He played great today but Ratief just played one hell of a round.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Duval chose totally the wrong event to make a return in, the US Open course setup is one of the hardest in golf, chances are it's going to be more of a damage to his moral than anything else. He should have returned at a course where he could have gotten away with a few mistakes or bad bounces, at the US Open you don't get away with half a mistake. Despite being at the end of the field after two rounds his swing is looking better than when he took time off, the course was just too tough to make a comeback on.

Tiger had for a normal pro golfer an average week, I feel he needs to admit his mistake to himself and bring back Butch Harmon as coach, as his self tutoring is clearly not working, but with the comments Harmon and Woods made towards each other it looks like that won't happen in the near future.

Can't wait for The Open in Troon in a few weeks now, I'm going and most likely on the last day as well as Loch Lomond the week before, I was at Troon in 1997 on the last day and it was great.