iiW - Innovative Impact Wrestling

Staff Meeting, 13/10/04…

Once again, this is only a staff meeting insofar as it is Sophie and I discussing the promotion and the business in general, but at least we weren’t doing it over a meal this time. First off, she hands me some reports to read from Mighty Biggs and Chris Troxler, regarding Steve Bradley…

“Basically, Mark, they say he’s being an asshole. Biggs has been reporting that he’s been difficult to deal with backstage for a couple of months now, and he’s getting sick of it. Bradley thinks he’s better than everybody because he’s wrestled on TV, and he’s making sure everybody knows it.” That’s the gist of it – Bradley was a bastard backstage.

“Man…” this definitely isn’t good news, we seriously don’t need any locker room cancers at this stage, especially not now the wellbeing of my limbs revolves around this place making money so we can pay back the Triads, “what the Hell can we do with him, though? I mean, we’ve got him scheduled on shows until Christmas!”

“D’you think we should have words with him, tell him to simmer down a bit and stuff?” Yeah, that’s pretty much the only thing we can do at this stage, and we’ll just have to hope he pays heed and doesn’t continue to cause trouble.

“I guess so. Did you get any word back from that guy I asked you to scout?”

“Yeah. I spoke to him over the phone this morning, and he said he’d be delighted to sign with us. He’s making the car journey up from Jersey tomorrow.”

We’ve been scouting Ash Parker – Ash is a born-and-bred American college jock, all about success and excellence at whatever he turns his hand to. He’s not the smartest guy on Earth, but he’s got a great physique that won him a collegiate football scholarship before he blew out his knee. Thankfully, he’s also studied wrestling extensively, as a big fan, and he’s turned out as a great  27-year old all-rounder thanks to years on the indy scene. We’ll be throwing him onto shows as “All American” Ash Parker, and playing on the patriotism of our idiot fans. Parker finishes with a Rocker Dropper called the Patriot Drop.

“Excellent. So… he’s on the card for the 31st, but I still don’t have a clue what we’re going to be able to do in order to fill that gap Taiji has left. He was supposed to be our big unveiling, but now he’s tied up with Toryumon that whole weekend. Any ideas, Soph?”

“Yeah, here’s one – calm down, Mark, you’re going to give yourself an ulcer or something. It’ll work out fine, it always does.”

“Oh yeah? Tell that to our accountant, Sophie. Or, better yet, go tell that to our new friends Hiro and Tchang, and the gang of mob goons who are going to break my legs if we don’t make enough money to pay them back every month! Seriously, Soph… how do we make this work?” She smiles at me, shakes her head in mock exasperation, and grabs my hand. What was I worried about again? Man, I hate it when she does that.

“You want to know what we need? We need you to kick that brain of yours into high gear. We need something standout, something unique, something that makes people think ‘Hey, we can’t see that anywhere else’ so they come back every month and bring their friends. You’re the guy to think that up, Mark, you’re a genius when it comes to this sort of thing.” I hate it when she’s right, and she’s right far too often for my liking. We definitely need something to set us apart from the competition, especially with a new promotion opening up on our level and NWA: East falling in public standing by the month.

“I guess so. Alright, I’ll get to thinking, but we’d better hope that everything holds together in the meantime and our Chinese friends aren’t hungry for blood. Man, I can see that decision coming back to haunt me.”

“Mark, relax. I’m serious about that ulcer thing. Come on, you’re living your dream! Sit back and enjoy it once in a while… for me? I don’t like seeing you so down all the time, always busy planning. We never get to just hang out. There’s a movie on tonight that I want to watch, and heads will roll if you don’t take the time out to sit down and watch it with me, okay?” I had wanted to go visit Jason Temptation tonight, to talk to him some more about his signing with SWF, but I guess it can wait until tomorrow.

“What movie is it?” I ask. She grins, and sticks her tongue out playfully.

On the Waterfront.” Marlon Brando, a classic storyline, and one of the best movies ever made in my humble opinion. What’s more, I was figuring she’d say the chick-flick on the other movie channel, but she went ahead and picked one of my favourite movies. Man, is this girl perfect for me or what?

…Oh God, I need help.

RK!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Raven's Kid

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-Show Meeting for Hardcore Hallowe’en…

The Manhattan South Recreational Centre is, for the third show running, the home of iiW’s monthly wrestling extravaganza… I’ve definitely been watching too much TV, I’m starting to hype things like a Superbowl commentator. Anyhow, it looks like we’ve got a fairly decent crowd queueing up outside right now, which is impressive both because our advertising has been down all month and because it’s absolutely bloody freezing outside.

Getting in with the Hallowe’en flavour of the whole event, the lights have been dimmed to half capacity and we’ve gone for a fairly decent-looking black-and-orange colour scheme, with added crepe paper and jack’o lanterns for the holiday flavour. Whilst this looks quite impressive and we’ve invited fans to bring their own decorations as well as coming dressed in Hallowe’en costume, this also has the added bonus of being very cheap to do, allowing Chris Troxler more than he had anticipated to work his usual ‘magic’ with production despite our reduced budget. As long as nobody gets covered in gunge or has any other sort of Hallowe’en prank played on them, I’m fine with it.

Looking at some of the female fans in line outside, and also at Sophie, I have managed to work something out about Hallowe’en – for us guys, it was always a time to goof off and egg the Principal’s car, with nobody any the wiser because you were wearing a mask depicting the villain in the year’s biggest slasher flick. For girls, it seems, Hallowe’en is the one time of year that they can dress in the sluttiest possible clothes and be completely free of insults and disparaging comments from anybody else. The most hardcore followers of this trend have attended the show in just lingerie and some form of fluffy fake animal ears attached to a hairband. Sophie has followed this trend as well, wearing a Playboy bunny costume that would probably send Hugh Hefner into an early grave – well, it almost gave me a heart attack at least. She’s gorgeous normally, but in that costume she’s absolutely stunning. Oh man, I’m going to have to video this show to give myself any chance of catching the action, so mesmerising is her costume.

Austin Lee came up to me a while ago, along with the two fans who attended Payback with signs and marked out for anything even remotely like a mention of his name. It turns out that they’re both students at his old High School, and they used to worship the ground he walked on… and still do. Dave and Andy, as they’re known, have both come dressed as their idol tonight, and Austin even hinted that they had something special worked out for after his match with Jonny Storm tonight. It’s great to see him so enthusiastic and so ready to interact with the fans, despite the fact that he has more than enough talent to develop a huge ego and think he’s better than everybody. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that this guy is the future of the business.

Once again, Aaron Proctor won’t be at ringside, and we’re probably going to shift him more towards a role as Jonny Storm’s manager than a colour commentator now, which frees up that slot for any number of the charismatic guys on our roster who can also announce as well. Tonight, Jason Temptation is getting the nod again due to his not being booked and also to his stellar performance at Payback.

It’s coming up for 8pm, which on show nights means only one thing – it’s time for me to head out into the crowd and watch the show, with Mighty Biggs running things backstage so I can give my full attention to Sophie’s Hallowe’en costume… I mean, the show. Yes, the show, definitely the show, with its wrestling and gimmicks and… my God she’s beautiful, she really really is… damnit!

iiW Hardcore Hallowe’en

31/10/04

((From the Manhattan South Recreational Centre))

((R.C. and Jason Temptation at ringside))

According to the ticket lady, who I thought was dressed in a particularly lifelike vampire costume until I realised she had only dyed her hair, we’ve got 158 fans in attendance tonight, which makes this show our biggest gate yet despite the reduced advertising. They’re a pretty lively crowd, almost all of them decked out in fancy dress – at least 20 ‘Scream killer’ costumes can be spotted from the teenage fanbase – and some chants doing the rounds. Dave and Andy, our Austin Lee marks, are holding a giant sign which reads “Austin Lee > Hallowe’en” between them, and a few other fans are carrying various Hallowe’en-themed signs too. R.C. is at ringside as usual, once again joined by Jason Temptation…

---

R.C: Welcome to Hardcore Hallowe’en! Happy All Hallow’s Eve, everybody, and get ready for a night of death-defying, hair-raising, thrill-a-minute action the likes of which you’ve never seen before! Tonight, Austin Lee meets iiW Heavyweight champion Jonny Storm in a Hardcore Rules match, meaning that this show lives up to its name!

Jason Temptation: It’s almost like they planned it! Vincent’s in the house as well, R.C., and you can bet that this is his favourite time of year, ’cos he’s a vampire and everything. This is probably the only night a year he can go outside without being called a freak! You shoulda come in costume too, R.C., then YOU could go outside without being called a freak!

R.C: Hey, I am in costume! I’ll have you know I’m supposed to be Tetsujin, a character from Japanese mythology about a hero carved from an ancient oak tree!

Jason Temptation: Well, R.C., I guess I missed that… it’s pretty hard to tell you apart from normally, because your delivery is ALWAYS wooden! Hahahaha, man I crack myself up!

---

Standing Aside…

Temptation’s laughter is cut off by Scott Lopez’s music, and iiW’s biggest fan favourite heads out onto the stage to a good reaction from our lively crowd. The holiday spirit is definitely making them louder than normal. Lopez strolls out to the ring, and takes a microphone…

Scott Lopez: For anybody who’s new around here, let me fill you in… last month, at Payback, I won a match that gave me the right to challenge the champ, Jonny Storm, at any date I choose. So, you’d be thinking I’d challenge him tonight, wouldn’t you?

The fans cheer for that prospect, and Lopez grins…

Scott Lopez: Well, sorry to disappoint. You see, tonight Jonny Storm’s in action against Austin Lee in a Hardcore Rules match, following Storm beating the crap out of that kid at Payback. Now I’m a benevolent man, and I’ve got to say that I like Austin Lee – so tonight I’m standing aside. I’m not gonna take the focus away from the kid, tonight is his night. I’m sure you’ll all join me in watching and cheering him on as he sends our overly-confident champion down for the three count. What can I say? I love an underdog.

Lopez grins, and begins to head backstage, as the fans give him an ovation for his outstanding sportsmanship. He waves and poses a little, before heading to the back.

(Segment quality 70%)

(Scott Lopez gained 1 point of overness from this segment)

---

R.C: What a display by Scott Lopez, what an amazing sportsman he really is!

Jason Temptation: You want to know what I think he’s doing, R.C?

R.C: No, not really.

Jason Temptation: I think he’s a coward! That’s right, he’s a damn coward, he’s yellow! He knows he can’t beat Jonny Storm, he knows he can’t win the title, and he knows that if by some miracle he DID win the belt then yours truly would be right on hand to make him succumb to Temptation and to snatch the title right back to where it belongs, and where it should be right now – around my gorgeous waist!

---

Temptation’s rant is interrupted by the disco music that heralds the arrival of Lance Silva. He struts out onto the ramp, flirting with a particularly-attractive female fan who is wearing stockings, suspenders, and cat’s ears on a hairband. At first, she gets pretty into it, but eventually Silva’s awful moves turn her right off. Silva heads into the ring, and awaits his opponent. Moments later, some gritty hip-hop plays and Greg Pawluk heads out to the ring, determined as always, and locks up with Silva.

OPENER: Greg Pawluk vs Lance Silva

They jockey for position at the beginning, with Silva coming out on top after an uppercut but quickly losing out to Pawluk’s stiff knifedge chops, forcing him into the corner and chopping away until his opponent is red raw. With Pawluk being the best technical wrestler on the roster, and Silva as a high-flier, the two men tell a good story here, with Silva finding himself grounded by his opponent’s immense technical wrestling skill and having to adapt to an unfamiliar style in order to get any offence in. Pawluk carries the mat wrestling, working Silva’s legs and back over with a variety of painful submissions, getting the fans behind him simply with his skills. Silva mounts a short-lived aerial comeback late on, but stalls too long on a crossbody attempt and finds himself knifedge chopped out of the sky! Pawluk follows up with his Stretch Muffler finisher for the submission. Greg Pawluk heads to the back after the match to a decent pop, and Silva remains in the ring, struggling to his feet. When he realises that he has lost, yet again, he kicks up a tantrum, shoving the referee aside and yelling to anybody in earshot that he should have won the match, before heading backstage in a foul mood.

(Match Quality 84%, Crowd Reaction 28%, Overall Rating 56%)

Gaining Revenge…

The wonders of technology send us backstage now, as Austin Lee appears on the big-screen TV – we’ve got to start making money, or we lose even that. The plucky underdog gets a great reaction from the fans, and grins as he hears it. When he turns to the camera, however, he is all business…

Austin Lee: People ask me, sometimes, why I do what I do. Why do you wrestle, Austin? Why don’t you go and get a real job, make some money, and be a somebody? I’ll tell you why… I wasn’t the smartest kid in school, not by a long shot, but I always worked my ass off to get passable grades. I was never the best guitarist, but I dreamed of being a rock star so I worked my ass off until I could play every Pearl Jam riff. So, I got to thinking… whenever I worked my ass off, things came to me. This business is all about busting your gut, busting your head, and busting just about anything else to be the best, and I guess that fits my philosophy pretty well. I’m a wrestler because I’m made to be a wrestler – I won’t ever quit, I won’t ever say die, and I’ll work my ass off until I get to the top of the mountain. So when some overpaid, oversexed, overconfident ass like Jonny Storm puts out an open challenge, thinking he’ll have a walk in the park, that PISSES ME OFF! So I answered it, and I gave him the ride of his life. But hey, I work my style and he works his, and his style just happens to be that he’s a cheating son-of-a-bitch. And so, tonight, I’m taking him down a peg or two and I’m taking him out in a match where he can’t be a cheating son-of-a-bitch. Why? Because everything’s legal tonight, and you’d better believe that the Grunge Superstar Austin Lee knows a thing or two about hardcore!

Lee’s promo gets a cheer and a chant from the fans, and we head back to ringside.

(Segment quality 57%)

(Austin Lee gained 2 points of overness from this segment)

As we head back to ringside, the Pez commercial music plays, and iiW’s favourite happy-go-lucky babyface heads out onto the ramp, decked out in his usual ring attire, but with some facepaint designed to make him look like Frankenstein for Hallowe’en. The fans eat it up, along with his awful impression of Frankenstein and his repeated cries of “oooooooh yeeeeeeah!” as he warms up. The mood changes as Syco’s music hits, and he stalks out to the ring to a chorus of boos from the fans, not in Hallowe’en costume but probably looking scarier that anybody else in attendance anyway. Pez bounces around the ring before the bell, and is quickly cut down as it rings.

MATCH 2: Syco vs Pez

Syco cuts Pez down to size with a thundering lariat to start off with, before dragging him to his feet and sending him headlong into the turnbuckle and whaling away on him with chops and punches in the corner. The match itself is basically an extended squash, with Pez only able to get in short flurries of his quick and high-energy offence before the menacing Syco knocks him down. Showing some good psychology for a brawler, Syco’s assault focuses on his opponent’s back and head, with numerous sideslams, lariats, and even a torture rack. Eventually, Syco catches Pez after an attempted hurricanrana, and powerbombs him over the top rope! That bump gets a “Holy Shit!” chant from the crowd, and Syco doesn’t let up, nailing a suicide dive onto the fallen Pez! The impact of the big man flying through the air knocks Pez clean out, and the official is forced to call for the bell to stop the match. The fans boo as Pez is helped backstage by Chris Troxler, and Syco turns to the referee, furious. Yelling that he was about to win the match, Syco grabs the official and plants him with a Suplex-to-Spinebuster! Getting a huge chorus of boos, Syco heads to the back.

(Match Quality 77%, Crowd Reaction 32%, Overall Rating 54%)

---

R.C: What the Hell is going on here? Syco has just snapped, Temptation, and he’s beating down on referee Dave O’Neil! This is just wrong, what the Hell is the matter with him?

Jason Temptation: Maybe Syco is a Syco-phant, R.C! Get it, sycophant, Syco-phant? MAN I crack myself up sometimes!

R.C: Yeah, Temptation, you’re a regular Jay Leno, I don’t think. Anyhow, up next we have a new recruit to iiW making his first appearance, as “All American” Ash Parker, one of the darlings of the indy scene, takes on our very own Vincent!

---

Seasonal Appearance…

Indeed, moments later the sinister goth rock that is Vincent’s music plays over the speakers, and he heads out to the ring amidst the pitch black and his smoky red spotlight, debuting a new, even more sinister look for the Hallowe’en special. He slides into the ring, and instead of preparing for a match, he takes a microphone. His music dies down, but the lights are still down and the eerie spotlight is still on him…

Vincent: Welcome to my chamber of horrors, little ones. Tonight, on All Hallow’s Eve, the spirits are out in force and the balance between this world and the next is at its most unstable. The walls that separate our life and the afterlife come crumbling down, and for one night the demons once again stalk the Earth. Your pseudo-frightening dress-up costumes are nothing on the horrors that await the innocent on All Hallow’s Eve… the innocent like Ash Parker, iiW’s newcomer, a man who calls himself “All American” as if lauding his nationality gives him any immunity to the horrors of the beyond. Tonight, Ash Parker will experience the horrors of the Slaves To Darkness, the STD that festers away at iiW, killing it by the day, and I WILL Drain his Blood!

Vincent then tosses down the microphone, and awaits his opponent as the lights turn back on.

(Segment quality 66%)

(Vincent gained 2 points of overness from this segment)

The American National Anthem plays over the speakers, and the whole crowd unites with a great cheer and a chant of “USA! USA!” as the debutant Ash Parker heads out onto the ramp, wearing a red, white, and blue singlet and wearing a Star-Spangled Banner draped across his back in a way reminiscent of the British Bulldog or Owen Hart. Parker heads down to the ring, and squares off with the intimidating Vincent to begin the match.

MATCH 3: Vincent vs “All American” Ash Parker

The two men circle each other to start with, before Parker gets into an ill-advised test of strength with the vampire and finds himself forced into the ropes, where Vincent nails a dropkick to send him to the outside. From here, the action largely flies back and forth as quickly as the wrestlers themselves, as both men use their respective top-rope maneuvers in order to wear each other down and keep the fans on their feet. Vincent seems to almost absorb Parker’s offense early on, cutting him down and catching his aerial moves on a few occasions, and uses his own high-flying to wear the debutant down. Parker, meanwhile, mixes his high-flying with crisp technical holds, zoning in on Vincent’s back, and soon the vampire starts to slow down. Sensing this, he uses a lowblow to stop Parker’s momentum, and quickly locks on the Drain the Blood submission! Parker fights the hold to no avail, but moments later Vincent releases the hold and hits the mat – it’s Chance Beckett! Beckett exits the ring, having broken the hold, and watches as Parker hits the Patriot drop for the 1-2-3. As the bell rings, Gabriel rushes out from the back to help Vincent, but he is blindsided on the way to the ring by Chance Beckett! The vampiric duo eventually retreat to the back, and Parker gets another “USA!” chant as he heads backstage with Beckett.

(Match Quality 91%, Crowd Reaction 37%, Overall Rating 64%)

---

R.C: Ash Parker, on his debut, pulls out a big win over Vincent, and also becomes the first man beside Chance Beckett to feel the Drain the Blood submission hold!

Jason Temptation: Yeah, and he only got out of it because Beckett helped him! Seriously, R.C., I hate to say it but Proctor’s right – you’re quick to catch some of my boys out for cheating, but when those fan favourites do it you turn a blind eye!

R.C: Doesn’t it bother you that Vincent had to use an illegal lowblow to even have the opportunity to latch on the hold, Temptation?

Jason Temptation: Not in the slightest! You’re so naïve, R.C. – sometimes you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do!

---

Moments later, James Hearte’s glam-rock theme music plays over the speakers, and he gets a chorus of jeers almost as grating as the guitar solo in his music as he heads out onto the ramp in his glittering robe, posing and taunting as usual. He heads down to ringside, very careful not to come into contact with any fans, and steps into the ring. Steve Bradley’s music then plays, and the returning Bradley gets a good reaction as he heads down to the ring, playing to the fans.

MATCH 4: James Hearte vs Steve Bradley

Bradley chops away at Hearte to begin, and then backs off, challenging the overconfident heel to come and get some. Hearte does so with a vicious kneelift and some chops of his own to take control, before unloading on Bradley. His tactic here is to go after Bradley’s legs, hoping to play on the injuries he received at Hotter Than Hell, with some submission holds and vicious kicks to the knees, as well as wrapping his legs around the ringpost with a sickening thud. Bradley, meanwhile, uses both his aerial and brawling capabilities to equal Hearte’s all-round skill, hitting and moving to try and avoid being caught for any prolonged period and have his legs further weakened. Eventually, Bradley manages to ‘Matrix-dodge’ a clothesline and trip Hearte, before heading to the top rope. As he climbs the turnbuckle, however, he is met with a superkick from the apron by none other than Jason Temptation! Temptation grins in delight as Bradley hits the mat, and James Hearte rolls on top of him for the pinfall. As the bell rings after the match, Hearte exits the ring, celebrating, whilst Temptation heads into it, dragging Bradley to his feet and posting him. On the rebound, Temptation catches the wounded Bradley, and nails the Deadly Temptation, before tossing him out of the ring.

(Match Quality 80%, Crowd Reaction 48%, Overall Rating 64%)

---

R.C: What was that about? Jason Temptation just handed James Hearte victory from the jaws of defeat, and for the second time in as many matches Steve Bradley has been screwed over by my broadcast partner! Well folks, right now it’s time for what may be one of the highlights of the night, a special 10-Man Hallowe’en Scramble match, which is an over-the-top battle royal which sees the winner guaranteed a title shot! Jason Temptation is entered into the match, as are the following – Scott Lopez, Vincent, Syco, Matt Maddness, Gabriel, Lance Silva, Ash Parker, Chance Beckett, and Jay Lethal!

---

MATCH 5: 10-Man Hallowe’en Scramble

The match itself lives up to its name, with the 10 men scrambling for position and offense, and the constant action keeping the live crowd entertained. The eliminations were…

#1 – Lance Silva by Ash Parker after a Patriot Drop

#2 – Ash Parker by Gabriel with a modified Top Rope Hurricanrana

#3 – Matt Maddness by Syco with a backdrop driver, landing Maddness on his head

#4 – Gabriel by Syco with an over-the-rope Chokeslam

#5 – Chance Beckett by Jay Lethal after a Lethal Injection

#6 – Syco by Scott Lopez and Jason Temptation with a double-leg tip over

#7 – Vincent by Scott Lopez with a high angle back suplex

#8 – Jay Lethal by Jason Temptation after a Deadly Temptation

#9 – Scott Lopez by Jason Temptation after a lowblow and a superkick

Having stayed out of the action for much of the match, prefering to bide his time and only get involved when necessary, Jason Temptation springs into action towards the end, helping Lopez eliminate the hulking Syco, taking out Jay Lethal, and then using a devious low blow and a superkick in order to beat Lopez and gain a shot at Jonny Storm’s iiW Heavyweight title! Following his win, a smug Temptation rejoins R.C. at the announcer’s position.

(Match Quality 73%, Crowd Reaction 41%, Overall Rating 57%)

---

R.C: I’ve got to hand it to you, Temptation, you won that one.

Jason Temptation: Yeah, R.C., I won that one. Jesus Christ, is this state-the-obvious week or what? You know why I won?

R.C: Because you chickened out of doing any fighting for half of the match?

Jason Temptation: No! Because, R.C., unlike you I’m an educated and intelligent man, I’m well-versed in this business and I’m also a ten-year veteran. So, unlike you I know when and where to strike – why exert myself in eliminating half a dozen men, which I assure you I could do with ease, when I can let the rest of the guys eliminate themselves and step in at the end to take the glory? Answer me that, R.C!

R.C: I’m not even going to try, Temptation, I doubt you’d even come close to understanding. Anyhow – up next is our main event, the match you’ve all been waiting for – Austin Lee gets a second chance at Jonny Storm, non-title this time, but in a Hardcore Rules match! Will this be the making of the youngster, or will it be his undoing?

---

Jonny Storm’s music strikes up, and he heads out to the ring accompanied by his manager, Aaron Proctor, dressed in a golden boxing-style robe with the iiW Heavyweight title around his waist. The fans almost bury the two men under a hail of boos, but they ignore the fans and head down to the ring, where Storm awaits his opponent. Almost before Austin Lee’s music has struck up, the fans are on their feet with a huge ovation for the youngster, who heads out in his usual ‘grunge look’, proclaiming himself the Grunge Superstar by holding a large sign over his head. He passes Dave and Andy, our resident Austin Lee marks, and high-fives them both before heading into the ring to start the bout.

MAIN EVENT: Jonny Storm vs Austin Lee – Hardcore Rules match

The two men start by feeling each other out, looking for weak spots, until a cocky gesture by Storm infuriates Lee and he starts unloading on the champion! The fans go wild as Lee whales away on Storm, causing him to flee the ring – only to be nailed with a breathtaking topé con helo by the youngster! On the outside, the fight gets much more hardcore, with both men using the ring steps, the steel railings separating them from the crowd, and all manner of weapons to take out their frustrations on each other, with both of them using some innovative and clever moves with the plunder as well. In addition to this, the fans are treated to some great technical and aerial wrestling from both men, filled with psychology, as they grapple it out and attempt to make each other submit. Eventually, following a springboard heel kick off of a chair, Jonny Storm signals for the end, and sets up a table. He goes to suplex Lee through it, but the Grunge Superstar floats over and lands unscathed! Storm, furious, jumps up to the top rope and attempts his Super Rewind Hurricanrana, but Lee catches it and blasts him through the table with a Degenerate Driver! The fans go wild as he hooks the champion’s leg for the 1-2-3! The arena almost shakes to its foundations with the reaction for Austin Lee as he jumps to his feet and celebrates his win, before heading into the crowd and having his arms raised by his two diehard fans. Lee then grabs their sign, and holds it over his head as the fans chant his name.

(Match Quality 96%, Crowd Reaction 49%, Overall Rating 72%)

(Austin Lee gained 1 point of overness from this match)

---

R.C: He’s done it, he’s done it, my God he’s actually done it! Austin Lee pulling off the upset of iiW’s history so far, by beating the champion Jonny Storm in a brutal Hardcore Rules match! My God, this kid is beaten and bloody, he’s absolutely exhausted, but he’s beaten the champion in fair competition and that’s what counts!

Jason Temptation: Hell… even I’ve got to hand it to Austin Lee, R.C., he put on one Hell of a match there. Maybe when I take Jonny Storm’s title from him, I’ll even reward him with a title shot… maybe.

R.C: Oh will you just put a SOCK in it, Temptation? Let the kid have his moment, without making everything about yourself! Join us at our next show, folks, but for now know this – Austin Lee has defeated the iiW Heavyweight champion, Jonny Storm! Goodnight, and Happy Hallowe’en!

---

Card Rating – 62%

Hope you enjoyed that one, I thought it was alright myself. Big news in the next update!

RK!

:blush:

Yes Yes Storm Lost. Go The Grunge Superstar.

And I'm Still the HEARTE of this site.

The iiW's Number 1 Fan

Post-Hardcore Hallowe’en Staff Meeting/A Look Back at October, 2004…

Seeing as it is November first today and we also have a show to report on, then I suppose we can combine the two meetings into one here - how economical are we?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that was our best show so far – everything just seemed to come together excellently, and the great atmosphere we had inside the rec centre really bled through to the roster, with everybody seeming to bring their A-game to the table and going that extra mile to put on a great show. Hats off especially to Austin Lee, Jonny Storm, Vincent, Jason Temptation, and the debutant Ash Parker, who all had a great night.

Lance Silva spoke to me just after the show, wondering what I thought of his bout with Greg Pawluk. He pretty much agreed with me that him and Pawluk put on a good match, but their styles don’t exactly suit each other, and they don’t have much in the way of in-ring chemistry. Silva suggested Steve Bradley as a good opponent, and also talked to me a bit more about his character – he thinks we’re playing it too comedic, and his “lady-killer” gimmick should be played more straight, with his attempts at being suave and smooth not just the butt of jokes.

Austin Lee deserves to be lauded as the next big thing in this business after his performances on our last few shows – the kid really does have everything. So much so, in fact, that a few non-affiliated websites are starting to pick up on our shows and report on them, based on the positive word of mouth surrounding Lee and the promotion in general. He’s a great wrestler, a great talker, and generally a great guy, so I’m very happy to see him succeed.

I noticed, when watching the videotape I took of the show, that James Hearte seemed to stiff on Steve Bradley during their match somewhat, and Bradley was definitely showing some signs of wear and tear towards the end of the bout. I phoned Hearte up about it, and he explained to me that he was trying to show Bradley that his backstage antics won’t be tolerated, and told him so after the match. Whilst I appreciate that Hearte is trying to do what he sees is best, I really would rather have had him wait until I’d broached the subject with Bradley in a slightly more diplomatic fashion than by kicking him in the face a few times.

Hardcore Hallowe’en made us pretty much the same in gate receipts as always, and we managed to keep ahold of much more of it this time, after I was somehow able to resist the urge to take Sophie out for cocktails again – she was definitely dressed for it. My first assumption was correct – I missed about two-thirds of the show through trying to sneak clandestine looks at her costume without her noticing, so I was definitely glad that I’d convinced Biggs to tape the whole thing from the ramp.

In a development that is shocking to absolutely nobody – except their financial backers, apparently – NWA: East’s recent glut of show cancellations, including the one they were due to hold in New Jersey last night, has forced them into bankruptcy. Having lost too much status to consider putting on shows across the East Coast region, and after laying off almost their entire roster, their board decided to file for bankruptcy. As has become the norm in situations like that, Ted Turner sent a team of legal executives up to their headquarters late last night, and negotiated the liquidation of the company, retaining half a dozen workers for the Power Plant.

The recent run of retirements continues on unabated, with this month’s announcements being that Randy Savage, Koji Kanemoto, Mike Awesome, the legendary Bruno Sammartino, and Bad News Brown will be filing for their state pensions at the start of December. Seeing Sammartino and Savage go will definitely be a sad day for the business, although I must admit I take a guilty pleasure in the fact that WCW has seemed to be prepping Savage for “one last run” over the past month or so.

Hiro’s brother Tchang came to my appartment this morning, searching for the loan repayment we owe him. Not wanting to anger the Triads so early into our debt to them, I had managed to withdraw the requisite $41,666 in cash and have it for him, although iiW’s bank account only lets us take out $2,000 in any 24-hour period so it was somewhat of a feat to have the entire sum. Backs were scratched, favours were called in, and a few old acquaintances will never talk to me again, but we’ve made our first payment and that’s all that counts.

The monthly, or so it seems, tradition of a new federation opening to try and fill the frankly tiny market has continued in October. This promotion has opened its doors in Canada, however, which is a far less surprising thing than seeing new promotions try to brave the crippled US market. Canada has never been somewhere WCW has managed to have a strong fanbase, and the new Canadian Golden Combat company may find it easy to gain a niche and a following – especially since it has claimed itself to be a “nationally-trading” company and have an incredibly impressive roster that includes AJ Styles, Steve Corino, Juvi Guerrera, Taz, Christopher Daniels, and the legendary Ted DiBiase. WCW will definitely be interested in them, and it may be their undoing to strike so fast, so quickly, but we’ve got to throw our support behind them and we do, one hundred per cent.

Once more, Sophie and I found ourselves discussing our money woes over breakfast this morning, with her throwing out some great suggestions and me pretty much shooting holes in any plan that doesn’t firmly guarantee my safety from the Triads. Yes, I’m a coward, but I’m a coward who is involved with a Chinese loan shark so I’m firmly justified in my cowardice, thankyou very much…

“So, what about trying to get some new sponsors on board, or asking our current sponsors to pay us more?” Hmm… she’d probably be onto something, if our sponsors weren’t wrestling websites who gain their money by pay-per-click adverts and generous donations.

“Maybe. But, they pay us a pretty big amount for a company this size anyway, and they’re pretty clear that they’ll pay us that amount for every show we give them free publicity. Really, the only way to get more money out of them would be to put on more shows.

“Mark, you’re a genius!” I am? What the Hell just happened here?

“I am?” Sophie grins, and gets so excitable that a spoonful of cornflakes end up on the floor, milk soaking into the carpet and soggy flakes flying everywhere.

“Yeah… you remember NWA:TNA?” Who could forget TNA? About two years after the WWF went down, Jerry Jarret bought some rights to the NWA name and created a company called TNA Entertainment, thus running NWA:TNA as a territory. The difference was that Jarret had financial clout, and also the star power of his son, who was coming off the back of a WCW title reign. Instead of having a weekly TV show, or the standard monthly card, TNA ran a weekly Pay-Per-View out of Nashville which got them some publicity. The promotion lasted almost nine months, and had the affect of making a big star out of AJ Styles, the man who recently signed for CGC. Eventually, however, WCW’s fury at having an ex-World champion usurp them and try to bring them down fuelled their fire, and Turner brought TNA down. It’s the primary reason that Jarret has spent the last eighteen months in feuds with such impact players as Chavo Guerrero, Andrew Martin, and Konnan, seeing as he’s pretty much in disgrace as far as WCW are concerned. But still, I don’t see how all of that relates to what Sophie is talking about.

“Yeah, I remember TNA. You don’t suggest we steal a WCW main eventer, do you, or move our shows onto Pay-Per-View?” She smiles at me, the sort of cute smile she gives when I should really be following what she’s saying but I’m too dimwitted to get it – although, in my defence, I can hardly be expected to work at full cranial capacity when she’s drop-dead gorgeous and three feet away.

“No… what if we run a show every week? Instead of once a month, we put on a show weekly, say on a Sunday, and that means we’re giving four times as much publicity to our sponsors – so that’s four times as much sponsorship revenue! We’d have to drop ticket prices a bit, but we’d make a marginal increase in ticket revenue, and it has the bonus of giving us four times more public exposure!” I’ve got to admit, it’s a good plan, with a few minor flaws.

“But, it also means we pay four times the production cost and four times the worker fees.” But, just like the genius she is, Sophie’s planned for that too.

“Yeah, our production costs will be higher, but the sponsorship money will pay for that – plus, if we can sign some workers onto written contracts, we only pay them once per month and we make a tidy profit! This can work, Mark this can really, really work for us!” I love her, I do, I actually love her. From the jaws of financial despair and harship, Sophie has just delivered iiW into prosperity.

Over the next day or so, we spoke to of our roster about written contracts. Temptation was out, because of his SWF commitments, and a few of the others weren’t interested, but we managed to convince then of them to sign on the dotted line and commit themselves to iiW for the forseeable future. I think the unique novelty of weekly shows swung it for a few people, definitely Pez and Maddness who said as much themselves, because these guys get four times the exposure and I guess they see it as a way to stardom. We’ve been pretty damn good to Austin Lee, so I’m glad he signed, but I was much more surprised when Jay Lethal and Jonny Storm agreed as well – I was worried those two were thinking themselves as a bit above iiW, and it’s a great relief to have them on contract for the next 12 months.

So, this Sunday we’ll be bringing to you the first ever weekly iiW event. We’ve decided to get some continuity going, and to make the events seem more like weekly television than a monthly supercard, and so each show will have the same name – iiW Featured Attraction. It’s a risky proposition, definitely, but I’ve developed an odd affinity for taking risks over the last few months, and this seems like the next logical step. We’re doomed, of course, utterly doomed, but who says you can’t go down innovating?

First of my weekly shows is bein' written, and it'll be up in the forseeable. Enjoy!

RK!

:mellow:

Pre-Show Meeting for Featured Attraction…

Seeing as this is a pretty risky venture, we’ve decided to stick firm to our guns and hold the first weekly show out of the same arena we’ve had our last three – the Manhattan South Recreational Centre. It’s got a good ambience, and it can definitely hold a crowd of fairly sizeable numbers for a promotion of this size, so it’s good enough for us at this stage. The roster are all pretty excited, especially those guys who aren’t currently on written contracts, mostly because this means they’ll be getting perhaps four times the pay – not that we’ll be using them on every show, mind you, we’re not stupid.

Taiji Ishimori will be making his debut at this show, after missing Hardcore Hallowe’en due to commitments with Toryumon. He’s looking pretty tense, but also like he’s enjoying himself, which is good. I chatted to him a little about Japan, wondering if there were any guys on tour with him that he thought we could look into – he’s given me a couple of names, and Sophie is looking into them. He was pretty shocked to hear about my dalliance with the Triads – it’s not like I’m telling the entire roster, because that would totally kill their faith in me, but Taiji is Japanese and living in New York so I thought he might have some knowledge of Hiro and his bank. Apparently, he has heard of what they’re up to, having had a brother in trouble with them a few years back. All that he told me was that I should make sure that we can pay back our loan repayments every month, or my new Chinese friends won’t be so friendly.

Glad to say that Steve Bradley hasn’t been making a nuisance of himself since being stiffed on by James Hearte last week. The reasons for this change in behaviour aren’t, as I first thought, entirely to do with the large bruises on his legs that Hearte left, but because he has agreed to work with Stampede Wrestling Calgary as well, and I imagine that he doesn’t want a bad reputation heading into a job with the notoriously-meticulous Stu Hart. Whatever, as long as he’s not pissing off my roster I don’t care who else he decides to work for.

Seeing as how we aren’t using Pez today, and will be featuring Jason Temptation pretty heavily on the show, Pez is taking over the colour commentary commitments for this show. He’s managed to get pretty over with the fans, despite – or because of? – his unusual gimmick, and I can definitely see him becoming a fan favourite in time. So, hopefully this spell as an announcer will help him to get himself over and get more of his character’s quirks across to the fans.

I was very happy indeed with the way Vincent and Ash Parker’s match turned out at Hardcore Hallowe’en last month, and I figured that putting them together again would do absolutely nothing to harm storylines, and so those two have been almost inseparable since Friday night, planning their match and trying to make it click even more than the last one. It’s weird to see Vincent not in his stage gear, because he looks oddly normal and he’s actually a really nice guy, yet he’s got perhaps the most bizarre gimmick on the roster.

It’s almost 8pm, which means that the show is almost ready to begin. After last month’s fiasco with my vision being somewhat distracted by Sophie’s Hallowe’en costume, Biggs and I have decided to tape every show from now on, in case she unexpectedly wears a skirt or something and I remember nothing else from the show. She’s wearing something much more conservative, by comparison, which is nice, but I guess it’ll still be great to have a record of our shows to look back on in the future.

iiW FEATURED ATTRACTION…

7/11/04

((R.C. and Pez at ringside))

Thanks to the weekly show system, our attendance for this show is way down to 91, making it the second-smallest attendance we’ve had since the beginning. I guess we had to expect this, as a transitional thing, but still. The fans we do have are pretty amped, and there’s a good atmosphere amongst them. A few regulars can be seen in the crowd, most of them chanting for their favourite wrestler or – in the case of our resident Austin Lee fan club, Dave and Andy – holding signs. Their sign tonight reads “Austin Lee – the weekly superstar!” and they’re waving it around as if it’s on fire or something. R.C. is at ringside, as usual, and is joined by a very excited Pez…

---

R.C: Welcoem to Featured Attraction! iiW has moved into weekly wrestling, people, and this one is going to be off the hook! We’ve got Vincent facing the patriotic Ash Parker in a rematch from Hardcore Hallowe’en, the debutant Taiji Ishimori facing James Hearte, and Austin Lee, just one week removed from his victory over Jonny Storm, faces his physically biggest challenge yet against Syco!

Pez: Oooooooh yeeeeeah, R.C! And that’s not all – Pez is in the hizzz-awwwwz, baby! Right here, live from New York City, the Big Apple, the most beautiful city in the world it’s the Pez-Meister and his Pez Dispenser, ready to get this colour commentary show on the road! Let’s go, R.C!

R.C: Well, folks, if you understood any of that then you’re a better linguist than I am! But, enough of this stupidity, let’s crack on with the show!

---

Top Of The Queue…

With that, the dance-rock music of perhaps iiW’s most hated individual, Jason Temptation, plays over the speakers, and the overconfident one himself steps out onto the stage, posing and voguing for the fans, who greet him with a thunderous boo. Looking unfazed, Temptation heads into the ring and grabs a mic…

Jason Temptation: What, you didn’t think the show could begin without me, did you? Not a damn chance!

Temptation now looks over to the announce table, and locks eyes with Pez…

Jason Temptation: Hey, you, the High School student dressed as a clown! You’d better be keeping that seat warm, boy, because yours truly will be back to claim it in due time, and if I find you sitting in it then you’re in for a world of hurt! But, for tonight, I’m gonna concentrate on getting ahold of something else that should be mine right now – the iiW Heavyweight title. I know Scott Lopez is the number one contender, but his car had a few, ah, problems getting started this morning, and he can’t be with us.

Temptation’s guilty look, sly grin, and evasive tone of voice make it clear that he was behind this, and he gets booed by the fans for this…

Jason Temptation: As you all know, last weekend at Hardcore Hallowe’en I won myself a shot at Jonny Storm by defeating nine other men… and tonight, champ, you’re going to pay the piper! Cough it up, Storm, hand it over, fork it to me… give me a shot, damnit! And you people? Tonight you witness something great, as the man who was never pinned to lose his first match at the Heavyweight title rights the wrong, and Jonny Storm succumbs to Temptation!

As he tosses down the mic and leaves the ring, Temptation is met by a chorus of boos and “You suck!” chants from the crowd, all of which he arrogantly ignores and walks up the ramp, finally disappearing behind the curtain.

(Segment quality 66%)

(Jason Temptation gained 1 point of overness from this segment)

After Temptation has headed backstage, Lance Silva’s music plays and he struts out to ringside, getting some boos from the live crowd and busting some moves on the ramp, before handing a woman in the front row a ‘business card’ with his name and phone number on it. As Silva warms up, Chance Beckett heads out to his music, wearing shades and a trenchcoat over his ring attire, and faces off with Silva.

OPENER: Chance Beckett vs Lance Silva

Beckett starts off well here, quickly forcing Silva into the ropes and whipping him to the opposite ropes, before nailing a big powerslam and a chinlock to take control. The two men put on a great high-flying bout here, with their respective aerial styles mixing well to give the fans more of the top-rope action that iiW is building up a reputation for lately. Silva’s offensive maneuvers are fairly generic, attempting to weaken Beckett without zoning in on any particular area, whilst Beckett’s aerial moves link with a good technical assault on the ‘smooth’ Silva’s head and neck with numerous submissions and shots to the head designed to knock him off balance. After one such move, a floatover neckbreaker, Beckett signals for the Mafia Kick to finish up, but out of the corner of his eye sees Vincent running to the ring! Beckett goes to meet him with a clothesline, but it is ducked and Vincent hits a superkick that almost breaks his nose! As the vampire leaves, Lance Silva staggers onto Beckett for the pinfall. Silva is ecstatic at scoring his first victory, jumping up and down with glee, while Vincent re-enters the ring and picks Beckett up, before DDTing him to the mat and busting his nose. Blood streaming everywhere, Beckett tries to fight his nemesis off, but Vincent locks him into the Drain the Blood and tosses him to the outside, where he is helped backstage.

(Match Quality 81%, Crowd Reaction 37%, Overall Rating 59%)

---

R.C: Oh man, that is just utterly brutal! Vincent, after already costing his nemesis Chance Beckett the match, just broke his nose with a huge DDT! I guess that’s what superhuman strength can do for you! I’m almost afraid to ask, but… your thoughts, Pez?

Pez: That was just… it was just NASTY, man! My buddy Beckett, busted his nose, and that crazy-ass vampire comes out on top again? What the Heeeeeeeeeeell is wrong with this place? Honestly, R.C., the Pez-Meister isn’t backstage for one show and all Hell breaks loose. This is why iiW NEEDS its Pez, baby!

---

Vincent remains in the ring as the American National Anthem plays over the speakers, and the crowd give a pretty raucous ovation to the most patriotic man in iiW, Ash Parker, as he heads out to the ring, waving the Star Spangled Banner as he does so. Parker stares down Vincent, remembering their previous bout, and the two men lock up to begin the rematch.

MATCH 2: Vincent vs “All American” Ash Parker

Parker wins the initial lock-up this time and goes into a lengthy chain-wrestling sequence with a hammerlock, a back suplex, and a chinlock-into-sleeper slam, before breaking and letting the vampire get back to his feet. Once again, their technical and aerial styles blend well here, with Vincent putting his body on the line to pull out a second consecutive victory over the patriot and Parker goes after the back he worked on last week with some vicious holds and slams, weakening Vincent up and forcing him down from the top rope. On the mat, it is Parker’s match, and he almost puts the vampire away several times before nailing a big backdrop driver and pausing to pose for his fans. This delay is all Vincent needs to kip up in a show of resiliency, and latch on the Drain the Blood hold! Parker fights it, but eventually fades away and loses consciousness to give Vincent the win. After the bout, Vincent pounds away on Parker, slinging him into the turnbuckle and beating him down, but turns around as the fans start going wild, to see what they are cheering at – it’s Chance Beckett! His face still bloody and his nose obviously broken, Beckett charges at Vincent and hits the Mafia Kick on him, before straddling him and punching at his face, trying to return the broken nose! Eventually, the referee pulls Beckett away, and Vincent slips out of the ring, before staggering to the back.

(Match Quality 91%, Crowd Reaction 46%, Overall Rating 68%)

---

R.C: What a fighter Beckett is, Pez! Even after being beaten and having his nose broken, he’s on hand to stop Vincent from doing the same to “All American” Ash Parker!

Pez: Oooooh yeeeeeah, R.C! My man, Chance Beckett, showing there just why you’ve gotta be tough growing up in a family like his, with a great display – he’s almost as tough as me, all he needs now is to master the Pez Dispenser and I’ve got somebody worthy of facing me, baby!

---

Moments later, Greg Pawluk’s music hits and iiW’s posterboy for “Shutup and wrestle” heads out to the ring, getting a good reaction from the lively crowd. He nods to them, and steps into the ring, tightening the leather straps around his hands and awaiting his opponent. Jay Lethal then heads out to a chorus of boos, strutting as usual and lapping up the boos as if they were cheers. He finally makes his way into the ring, cockily sizing Pawluk up, before Pawluk spears him down!

MATCH 3: Jay Lethal vs Greg Pawluk

Pawluk keeps up his pre-bell advantage early on, slamming Lethal down again and dropping a few elbows before locking on a vicious dragon cross that chokes his opponent out. The two men then lock up to begin the contest proper, with Pawluk coming out on top again. He goes after the ribs for much of this match, hitting another spear and using some feared submission holds throughout, as well as nailing some thunderous suplexes that shake the ring and send his opponent reeling. Lethal brings his own technical expertise to the ring as well, seeing Pawluk’s strapped hands as a threat and working on his arms with various submissions and stiff kicks to the joints, as well as some top-rope moves to keep him off guard and knock him off balance. Following an armbar, Lethal signals for the end, and goes to scoop Pawluk up for the Lethal Injection. As he does so, however, Pawluk drops down behind him and nails a huge inverted t-bone suplex, sending Lethal rolling through the ropes to the outside! Pawluk follows up with a baseball slide, and tosses his opponent back into the ring where he locks on the Stretch Muffler for the submission. The fans cheer Pawluk on as he raises an arm in celebration and heads backstage, leaving an angry Jay Lethal in the ring with the referee. Lethal yells and argues with the official despite Pawluk’s clean victory, and then blasts him with a big superkick!

(Match Quality 92%, Crowd Reaction 42%, Overall Rating 67%)

(Greg Pawluk gained 2 points of overness from this match)

---

R.C: What a sore loser! Jay Lethal lost fair and square, and he just can’t take it so he has to go and take it out on the damn referee!

Pez: He’s definitely one cocky guy, dude, and the downside is that when a guy that cocky looooooses he’s gonna be MA-AD!

R.C: Thanks, Pez, that’s the first cogent point you’ve made all night. Up next, people, is Steve Bradley vs Gabriel in what is sure to be a high-octane bout!

---

Sure enough, the lights dim to black and an eerie red spotlight illuminates Gabriel as he heads down to the ring, clad in blood-red robes over his ring-attire, to his gothic rock music. He warms up in the ring as Steve Bradley’s music hits and Bradley heads out to a great reaction from the live crowd, saluting and playing to them to prolong the ovation. The two men eye each other up, and circle the ring as the bell rings to begin the match.

MATCH 4: Steve Bradley vs Gabriel

After circling the ring for a few seconds, the two men lock up in the middle of the ring. Gabriel quickly forces Bradley into the corner for a suplex, dropping him forward onto the ropes, to take control. The two men put on a decent high-flying bout, with some good spots attempted by each man to keep the live crowd entertained. Gabriel goes after Bradley’s ribs from the outset with a top-rope spear and numerous splashes from the turnbuckle, which quickly take their toll on him. Meanwhile, Bradley uses his top-rope offensive moves and his brawling abilities, as the bigger man, to take long periods of control over Gabriel and to soften him up more and more as the match wears on. After a big 450 splash, Gabriel slings Bradley into the corner rib-first, and then jumps up to the top rope, going for a crossbody press – which Bradley catches for a fallaway slam! Fired up now and working through the pain in his ribs, Bradley knocks Gabriel down and turns around – right into a chairshot from an interfering Jason Temptation, causing the referee to call for the DQ! Almost as soon as the bell rings, Gabriel – not wanting to stick around much longer – is heading to the backstage area, while a grinning Jason Temptation stands over Steve Bradley, who is unconscious on the mat. Temptation heads backstage to a furious “You suck!” chant from the crowd, and Bradley is helped to the back.

(Match Quality 75%, Crowd Reaction 46%, Overall Rating 60%)

Moments later, the grinding death metal music of iiW’s biggest powerhouse plays, and Syco heads out to the ring to a loud chorus of boos and jeers from the fans. He bellows in rage at them for this, which only makes them jeer louder, of course. Finally ignoring the fans, Syco steps into the ring and stretches as the sound of grunge music starts up over the speakers and every under-25-year old in the audience goes insane as the Grunge Superstar himself, Austin Lee, heads out to the ring! Lee gets a huge reaction as he squares off with Syco to start the match.

MATCH 5: Austin Lee vs Syco

Syco begins by pummelling Lee into the corner and whaling away on him with some huge chops and punches, before backing off – only for Lee to straighten up and shake it all off! The two men dispense with much of the finesse for this match, and concentrate on out-brawling each other. Syco uses his massive size and weight advantage here, literally throwing and tossing the smaller man around the ring and clearly having a lot of sadistic fun whilst doing it. Lee, meanwhile, channels the power of teen angst into every blow, move, and hold he uses, and manages to bring the monster down to the mat on several occasions after superkicks or suplexes. Following a huge powerslam that shakes the ring, Syco signals for the end of the bout and hauls Lee up as if for a Chokeslam, but the resourceful teenager knees him in the crotch! Syco doubles over, and Lee hits a piledriver, before climbing the top rope. As he does, however, Jonny Storm jumps out of the crowd and shoves him down to the mat! The official misses it, and Syco is on hand to bury Lee with a massive running kneedrop for the pin. By the time Austin Lee is aware of what has happened, Jonny Storm is halfway up the ramp, mocking him and jeering at him. Lee, furious, kicks and pounds the ropes, yelling blue murder at the champion, before going to the outside, seizing a steel chair, and cracking it over the face of Syco! A pissed-off Lee heads to the back to a good reaction from the crowd.

(Match Quality 80%, Crowd Reaction 46%, Overall Rating 63%)

(Syco gained 1 point of overness from this match)

---

Pez: BOOYAH! My boy, Austin Lee, comin’ out on top in the fight there, wiping out Syco with that chairshot, baby, and you’d better believe he’s gonna be coming for Jonny Storm next, ooooh yeeeeah!

R.C: Your boy? Lee’s ‘your boy’ and Beckett’s ‘your boy’ apparently, Pez… is there something you’re not telling us?

Pez: Hey, hey, don’t be hating on me, R.C! Pez is ALL man, and I’ll show you if you don’t believe me, dude! If you want, I’ll even fix you up with one of the scores of ladies who queue up outside my hotel suite every night, hoping to get lucky and get a glimpse of my… Pez Dispenser, ooooh yeeeeah!

R.C: Really? Uh, um, anyway… right now, folks, we’ve got another iiW debutant for you, who goes by the name of Taiji Ishimori, and believe you me this guy is an international star! He’s just back from a tour with the Toryumon promotion in Japan, and he’s got every bit of the skill needed to win a place on that roster!

---

James Hearte heads out to the ring now to a huge heel reaction from the fans, his cocky demeanour and swaggering walk winning him no affection either. As Hearte removes his glittering robe, and flexes his muscles – much to the annoyance of the crowd – some Japanese-sounding music plays and Taiji Ishimori heads out, getting a good pop simply because he isn’t James Hearte. Ishimori sizes Hearte up, making a few martial arts poses and kicking the air, before the bell rings.

MATCH 6: James Hearte vs Taiji Ishimori

Ishimori follows up on his pre-match display by chopping Hearte down to the mat like an old tree with a big martial arts kick, and following up with a few more as his opponent struggles to his knees. Eventually, the Hearte of iiW breaks free, and ties up with the Japanese martial artist. The match itself is a solid technical wrestling bout, with James Hearte going after his opponent’s legs in order to lessen the impact of his kicks, using a variety of submission holds and stiff shots to the knees to stagger Ishimori. The martial artist, meanwhile, uses his fierce array of stiff kicks and clever puroresu-style technical wrestling, grounding Hearte for much of the match with some fluid, picture-perfect wrestling holds. After a particularly big kick, Hearte tumbles out of the ring, and his nose is bleeding when he gets up. Furious, Hearte rushes back into the ring and almost decapitates Ishimori with a clothesline, following up with a superkick and some vertical suplexes. As he attempts another clothesline, however, Ishimori is able to ‘Matrix-dodge’ it, and follows with a huge spinning kick to the side of the head, which easily gets him the 1-2-3. Ishimori celebrates in the ring after the match, kicking the air some more and playing to the fans, who love his hard-hitting style and no-nonsense demeanour. As he goes to leave, however, he is blindsided by James Hearte! Still clearly groggy from the array of kicks, Hearte beats down upon Ishimori, finally nailing a big Hearte Breaker to lay him out, before dumping him unceremoniously to the outside.

(Match Quality 86%, Crowd Reaction 43%, Overall Rating 64%)

Still The Hearte…

Hearte then grabs a microphone, and sneers at Ishimori before speaking…

James Hearte: Oh, right, is THAT the best you can offer me? Some Japanese teenager with delusions of grandeur who’s watched far too many Bruce Lee movies in his youth? Let me tell you ingrates something about wrestling – kicks like that, kicks designed to upset a man’s equilibrium, are NOT allowed in this sport! This isn’t some fake, pretend sport like UFC or the Olympic karate championships, where everything is safe and all of the punches are pulled, this is wrestling! This is real life, one hundred per cent, and we have certain rules about not stepping into a ring trying to kill a man! And you know what? The kid couldn’t even keep me down! When it comes to wrestling, I still am, and always will be, the Hearte of iiW, and you people had better start realising that, lest I have to teach any one of you a lesson in respect by beating you down from pillar to post! In fact – you can consider that an open challenge for next week! Any bitch backstage, or any one of you, who wants to get famous by being plastered to the side of a milk carton, some find out why I’m a Hearte Breaker, and I’m the HEARTE OF IIW!

He tosses the microphone out of the ring, frustrated and angry now, and steps out of the squared circle. Hec stomps on the downed Taiji Ishimori a few times as he exits, and then stomps up the ramp to the back.

(Segment quality 66%)

(James Hearte gained 3 points of overness from this segment)

---

R.C: Wow – a frustrated James Hearte laying out a big open challenge to the iiW roster there! Are you up for that one, Pez?

Pez: Hey, I would be, R.C.-dude, but I couldn’t leave you to your own devices here – the fans would leave in seconds! The only reason they’re still here is because they just can’t take their eyes off of that sweet, sweet candy they call Pez, BA-BAY! Oooooooh yeeeeeeah!

R.C: Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make – if I hear Pez say ‘oh yeah’ one more time, I’m going to kill him! But, right now, it’s the match you’ve all been waiting for – at the top of the show, Jason Temptation chose to invoke his right to an iiW Heavyweight title shot, and so that match is our main event!

---

Sure enough, Jason Temptation’s music plays for the second time tonight, and he struts out to the ring to a massive chorus of boos, still holding the steel chair he used to viciously incapacitate Steve Bradley earlier in the show. Temptation warms up, ignoring the boos, as Jonny Storm’s music strikes up. If possible, the boos get even louder for the hated iiW Heavyweight champion, who walks out to the ring looking cocky and confident, wearing his robe as usual. As Storm hands over the belt and takes off his robe, Temptation jumps him to start the match.

MAIN EVENT: Jonny Storm © vs Jason Temptation

Temptation’s sly attack from behind hands him the early advantage, back-suplexing Storm to the mat and following up with a rolling suplex combination, finished with a great fisherman’s suplex for a 2-count. The run of suplexes ends with a Storm dropkick, and the two men are back at square one. Both men put on a great match here, with Temptation bringing his A-game to the bout and Storm proving why he is regarded as one of the best pure wrestlers on the roster with some amazing maneuvers and fluid execution. Storm mostly chain wrestles, using some great, fluid moves and various submission holds on Temptation, viciously dissecting him like a lab rat. The challenger, meanwhile, notes Storm’s niggling injuries from his match last week, and starts to pick him apart by going after the areas that Austin Lee worked on at Hardcore Hallowe’en. After locking an already-weakened arm in a crucifix armbar, Temptation goes to the top rope and nails a legdrop, right across the arm! Storm yells out in pain, and rolls to the outside, grabbing his title belt! However, as the champion gets back into the ring, Austin Lee comes out of nowhere to drop him with a superkick, sending the belt into Storm’s face! Then, as if to say “I don’t like you either” to Jason Temptation, Lee spears him to the mat, forcing the official to call for a No Contest! The fans boo a little for the match outcome, but most of them are cheering for fan favourite Austin Lee, who holds the iiW Heavyweight title in the air and yells that it should be his. As he does so, however, Jonny Storm kips up behind him, spins him around, and nails the Storm Warning! Now it is Storm’s turn to celebrate, until Jason Temptation ploughs him down with a clothesline! We’ve got a three-way, Pier-6 brawl on our hands! The brawl spills to the outside, and only finishes when iiW staff and half of the roster manage to separate the three men.

(Match Quality 85%, Crowd Reaction 31%, Overall Rating 58%)

---

R.C: Whoa! This is just insane, the action passed right by us at the announcer’s desk a moment ago, fists and arms flying, with all three men looking to score a decisive blow! The race for the title is hotting up, with Austin Lee and Jason Temptation trying to get one over on champion Jonny Storm tonight, and Scott Lopez waiting in the wings! Hey, Pez, how come you didn’t help split up the fight?

Pez: Is that my job tonight, R.C? No, baby, I’m here to entertain my peeps and keep the ladies feeling frisky with my dulcet tones, baby! Maybe next time, I’ll give them all a glimpse of my physique by stepping in, but tonight I’m feeling even sweeter than usual, and right now I’m about to go back to my five-star hotel suite for some action with the ladies, BA-BAY! BOOYAH, oooooooooooooooooooh yeeeeeah!

R.C: I said I’d kill him, folks, and I mean it! But, for tonight – Jonny Storm retains by way of No Contest, thanks to Austin Lee! Be sure to catch the fallout next week, from this arena, for only six dollars – iiW Featured Attraction!

---

Card Rating – 62%

Hope y'all enjoyed that one!

RK!

B)

Another good show there Raven's Kid. Temptation seemed a bit to eager to be behind the announce table again, but maybe that's just him playing up to his gimmick.

The situation surrounding the Heavyweight Title is getting interesting. Storm, Tempation, Lee and Lopez all now are cemented as men who are there or threre abouts, and that means you have numerous options for the future which means it'll make a good read.

Looking forward to this continuing.

Post-Featured Attraction Staff Meeting…

Well… that turned out well, I thought. The roster managed to make the step up from monthly to weekly shows well, and we’re definitely looking more and more professional with every show that goes by these days. As for the income, we made only $546 on the door due to reduced ticket prices and the reduced attendance level, but we hope to be able to curb that problem as time progresses.

Unfortunately, it seems that I didn’t read the contracts with my sponsors quite as carefully as I had first thought. It turns out that we don’t get the total we had been getting per month, $375,000 to be precise, if we put on weekly shows, our sponsors were much too clever to be tied down to shelling out such massive sums of money at this stage. What it means is that we should make money, I think, but definitely nowhere near as much as I had originally anticipated at this stage. As long as we can pay off the damn Triads, though, that’s my only major concern.

Once again, congratulations are in order to Vincent and Ash Parker, who had a great match for the second time in as many weeks. Those two are both incredibly special, and definitely two for the future. On a similar note, Greg Pawluk and Jay Lethal’s performances are to be commended, as the two of them turned what was essentially a crowd-pleaser with no major background into the match of the night, which is definitely something to be proud of. Kudos to all four men.

Apparently, according to an article that Sophie dug out from the Internet this morning, we’ve been in negotiations with Japanese legend Yugi Nagata, with a view to a possible contract. While Taiji Ishimori’s reports on his time in Japan have given us a few names to work with, Nagata isn’t one of them. Seriously, why would he come to work for us when he commands a five-figure sum in Japan and could probably ask the same of RoH, HGC, or the SWF for that matter? We can barely afford to pay the roster we have, let alone an ageing great like Nagata.

The feuds we’ve been running across the last few months are definitely hotting up now, and it’s been somewhat of a talking point on the few message boards that talk about iiW. Hopefully they’ll only continue to grow hotter and hotter, and draw in some new fans to the promotion, which is something we desperately need at this stage, with the weekly show system now relegated to a “trial” basis from its previous “saviour” status following my misreading of the sponsorship contracts involved.

Going with the new, weekly shows is a preview system on our new website, which we’ve managed to get designed for us by a couple of the staff at TheMayhem.com, one of our sponsors. It’s been circulated to a few websites and put up, so here’s the preview…

Preview for iiW Featured Attraction, 14/11/04

In only our second weekly event, iiW brings to you Featured Attraction with some big matches already confirmed! After last week’s main event, four men have emerged in the running for the iiW Heavyweight title – champion Jonny Storm, number one contender Scott Lopez, Jason Temptation, and the youngster Austin Lee. This week, all four men will be in action against each other in singles bouts!

After being defeated by the Japanese superstar Taiji Ishimori last week, James Hearte destroyed the kid and laid out a furious open challenge to anybody for this week’s show. Who will answer the egotistical Hearte’s challenge, and try to prove that he is anything but the ‘Hearte’ of iiW?

Chance Beckett and Vincent’s rivalry has captivated fans of late, and this week they go at it again in tag team action. Vincent will turn to his ally and friend, the sinister Gabriel, while Beckett has selected the patriotic “All American” Ash Parker, who has faced Vincent twice recently, to make up his team.

Greg Pawluk’s big victory over the impact player Jay Lethal last week has opened many people’s eyes to the technical wizard’s talents. Accordingly, he has been set a challenge by the iiW matchmakers this week, to prove he is worth considering a top player – the challenge? None other than iiW’s very own immovable object, Syco.

After a losing streak numbering several matches, Lance Silva finally pulled out a victory last week over Chance Beckett, thanks in no small part to Vincent’s interference. This week, Silva will be hoping to make it two wins in a row and begin a streak of a different sort, against the fun-loving Pez.

Confirmed matches:

Jonny Storm © vs Scott Lopez – iiW Heavyweight title match

Austin Lee vs Jason Temptation

Greg Pawluk vs Syco

James Hearte vs ??? – Open Challenge

Chance Beckett/“All American” Ash Parker vs Vincent/Gabriel

Lance Silva vs Pez

That show, and the stuff before/after it, will be up within the next few days. Things definitely go slower when you've got four times the workload! Feedback is always welcome, of course. Enjoy!

RK!

:huh:

iiW FEATURED ATTRACTION

14/11/04

((R.C. and Pez at ringside))

90 people have joined us for this one, which I’m assuming is set to become a rough average for our attendance, there or thereabouts. Anyhow, they’re pretty lively and boisterous, as our fans are rapidly gaining a reputation for being, and I’m seeing more and more regulars every month now. The Austin Lee fan club, Dave and Andy, are holding a sign which reads “Lee for champ!” and chanting at the tops of their lungs, a chant that is pretty contagious, all told. R.C. is at ringside as usual, and apparently he made good on his promise last week because Pez isn’t with him.

---

R.C: Welcome to Featured Attraction! Last week we saw Jonny Storm and Jason Temptation battle to a no contest, thanks to the inteference of Austin Lee – tonight, Storm defends his title against the rightful number one contender, Scott Lopez, while Temptation hopes to gain a measure of revenge against the Grunge Superstar! Also, we’ll see Vincent team with Gabriel to face Chance Beckett and “All American” Ash Parker in tag team action, and James Hearte’s open challenge!

---

While R.C. runs down the card, Lance Silva’s music plays, and the self-proclaimed ladykiller struts out to ringside in his white suit, busting a few dance moves on the ramp and flirting with a few of the young women in attendance. Silva warms up in the ring, and the Pez commercial music heralds the arrival of iiW’s wackiest superstar, Pez! The youngster bounds out to the ring, high-fiving fans all the way, and squares off with Silva to begin the bout.

OPENER: Lance Silva vs Pez

Pez evades Silva well early on, keeping at arm’s length, before getting cut down to size with a nasty superkick and a spiral legdrop from the ladykiller. Both men use the top rope and their fast-paced cruiserweight styles in this one, providing some great opening-match entertainment for the live crowd with their aerial maneuvers and quick counters. Pez works indiscriminately on Silva throughout the match, hitting him wherever and whenever he can, whilst Silva takes a more focused attitude and attacks his opponent’s ribs and stomach, neutralising many of his aerial moves. After hitting a crossbody, Pez clutches his ribs in pain, allowing Silva to reach into his tights and pull out some brass knuckles, before slamming Pez in the face with them for the pinfall. After the bout, Silva celebrates his victory, all smiles, while Pez rolls out of the ring and joins R.C. at the announce table.

(Match Quality 90%, Crowd Reaction 40%, Overall Rating 65%)

---

Pez: OW! I think I speak for everybody in this arena, dude, when I say that was just WACK! What was Silva playing at? Doesn’t he know I’m sweeter than candy? You know what happens if my face gets ruined, R.C? Hundreds of women go home very unhappy, and that’s not something the Pezmeister likes to see, BA-BAY!

R.C: Pez… I’m begging you, for the love of God stop comparing yourself to candy.

Pez: Comparing myself, R.C? Ooooh noooooo, I’m SWEETER than candy, candy doesn’t hold a candy candle to me, my friend!

---

Slaves To Darkness…

The announcers continue to talk until the lights cut out abruptly, and a smoky red spotlight illuminates the curtain. Vincent and Gabriel’s gothic rock music plays over the speakers as they head out to ringside, getting heartily booed by the crowds. Ignoring the fans, the two men step into the ring and bow down, Undertaker-style, before Vincent produces a microphone from the folds of his cloak…

Vincent: Welcome to our parlour, say the spiders to the flies. Tonight, you people get to see true power in action, and two lowly infidels dispatched. They say that good must triumph over evil, simply because it must, and that evil must be eradicated from this Earth… but how, how do you judge good without evil? Evil is just as fundamental as good, cruelty just as important as kindness, and darkness just as powerful as light. Gabriel and myself serve Darkness… or rather, we are as you all are without knowing it – Slaves to Darkness. We are an STD, withering the light of this company and vegetating those who inhabit it. Tonight, watch as the Slaves to Darkness infect two more… and send them into the hands of the Darkness.

Vincent tosses the microphone to the mat, and the two men await their opponents.

(Segment quality 71%)

Moments later, the American National Anthem plays over the speakers and “All American” Ash Parker heads out alongside Chance Beckett, waving the Star Spangled Banner to a great crowd reaction, and yelling out a Happy Thanksgiving to the fans. The four men square off in the ring, and go at it as the bell sounds.

MATCH 2: Slaves to Darkness vs Chance Beckett/“All American” Ash Parker

The two teams brawl to start with, fists flying and each man trying to get at both members of the other team to take out weeks’ worth of frustration and anger, before Parker eventually knocks Vincent through the ropes with a flying forearm, leaving Gabriel and Beckett as the legal men. Both teams show some good chemistry in the ring here, mixing and blending their very similar styles to good effect, with much of the action coming from the top rope abilities and technical soundness that each man brings to the table. The STD come out on top for much of the bout, using their superior strength to wear their opponents down and generally functioning as a better team than the thrown-together Parker and Beckett. Finally, with all four men in the ring, Beckett nails the Mafia Kick on Vincent and pins him, but the referee doesn’t count. Confused, Beckett complains, allowing Vincent to spring to his feet and take out Parker while legal man Gabriel rolls Beckett up for the 1-2-3! Gabriel and Vincent roll to the outside after the bout with their music playing, and exchange a brief glance before rushing back inside and taking Ash Parker out with a brutal combination reverse powerbomb/ace crusher, and then nailing the same move on Beckett!

(Match Quality 88%, Crowd Reaction 48%, Overall Rating 68%)

---

R.C: Oh, man! Did you see that maneuver, Pez? Beckett and Parker are laid out on the mat, it looks like they’ve become the first victims of the now named Slaves to Darkness!

Pez: Vincent and Gabriel could definitely raise some pulses and dent some streaks in iiW, R.C., with a move as damaging as that! That’s an STD if I ever saw one, baby!

R.C: Is it possible, at all, for you to end just one sentence without the word ‘baby’, Pez?

Pez: You and I both know it isn’t, R.C., because I’m sensual and I know what the babes want… I’m sweeter than candy, oooooh yeeeeeah!

---

This exchange continues until Greg Pawluk’s music hits, and iiW’s best technical wrestler heads out to ringside, tightening the leather straps on his wrist and looking determined as always, getting a good response from the crowd. While Pawluk warms up, some screeching death metal plays and the biggest force in the promotion, Syco, stalks out to the ring to face him.

MATCH 3: Greg Pawluk vs Syco

Pawluk tries to lock up to begin with, but finds himself bodily shoved across the ring by Syco, who follows up with a choking throw, a body slam that shakes the ring, and a huge legdrop across the technical wizard’s throat. Both men display their grasp of the brawling game here, with Syco playing the dominant, immovable object and Pawluk the hapless underdog, hacking away at the big man’s legs to try and bring him down with various holds and strikes. Syco, meanwhile, shows that he is smarter than the average giant with some clever moves and good psychology, focusing on Pawluk’s head with several legdrops, short lariats, and spiked moves such as suplexes and DDTs. Following a powerslam, the big man goes up to the top rope, but Pawluk is able to bounce into the ropes and superplex him down to the mat. Tightening his leather straps again, the technician calls for the finish, but as he turns around he finds himself Chokeslammed hard to the mat for the pinfall. Syco exits the ring after the match, leaving Pawluk down, only for somebody to jump out of the crowd – it’s Jay Lethal! Lethal, carrying a black baseball bat, enters the ring and annihilates the already-downed Pawluk with some big shots across the head and back, before laying the bat down and hitting a brutal Lethal Injection on Pawluk!

(Match Quality 85%, Crowd Reaction 39%, Overall Rating 62%)

Green With Envy…

Almost immediately, with the fans booing him so much that our announcers can’t even be heard, Lethal grabs a microphone and yells out for them to be silence…

Jay Lethal: Shut up, shut up – hey, just shut the Hell up, damnit! You, referee, remove this debris from my sight! Get him out of here, now!

Referee Dave O’Neil doesn’t need to be told twice by a fired-up Lethal, and quickly helps Pawluk out of the ring and to the back…

Jay Lethal: I want you all to take a mental snapshot, and then to open your ears, button your lips, and listen to what I’ve got to say! Right now, I’m just about sick and tired with this place. Every night I come to this place for a show, I hear the same thing coming out of the mouths of the wrestlers, the staff, and you pathetic ingrates – “ooooh, isn’t Greg Pawluk just fantastic? He’s the best technical wrestler in iiW, we looove Greg!” – and I’m just about sick of it! The best technical wrestler in iiW? Uh-uh, that would be the man who just used Pawluk’s head for batting practice! You want to see a real great, a real technician, then you’re looking at him! Oh yeah, so he beat me last week – that little punk got lucky and he knows it, and anytime he’s ready then I’ll beat him all the way over this run-down arena, and why? Because I’m Jay Lethal, and it ain’t just a name, bitch!

Lethal tosses the microphone to the mat, and exits as the fans hurl abuse and empty soda cups at him.

(Segment quality 73%)

(Jay Lethal gained 2 points of overness from this segment)

---

R.C: What a despicable, despicable man, Pez! Jay Lethal is absolutely nothing, you hear me? He’s nothing but a coward and a jealous man who has to attack men from behind with a damn bat to make himself feel any better! I hope Pawluk takes him up on his offer, and beats some humility into him!

Pez: Whoooa, R.C. my friend, just calm it down! You’re gonna blow a blood vessel or something, and then yours truly will be all covered in it! You know how red looks with green, dude, it doesn’t go, and these ladies don’t want to be with a man like that! Sit back, R.C., and just wait and see who accepts Jamie Hearte’s challenge, dude!

---

Sure enough, James Hearte’s music hits moments later, and perhaps the most egotistical and self-praising man in iiW heads out to the ring, in his glittering red robe as usual, getting booed by the raucous live crowd. Hearte takes off his robe, cracks his knuckles, and stares at the ramp awaiting his opponent. Moments later, some nu-metal plays over the speakers, and iiW’s very own human highlight reel, Matt Maddness, skanks out onto the ramp! Banging his head in time with the beat of his music, Maddness heads down to the ring, high-fiving a few fans and doing his ‘suicide’ pose on the turnbuckles before facing off with Hearte.

MATCH 4: James Hearte vs Matt Maddness – Open Challenge match

Maddness takes it to Hearte straight out with some punches and a heel kick to the face, but a fired-up and frustrated Hearte simply absorbs it and fires back with a thundering right hand combo that sends his opponent reeling, and a big clothesline to knock him down. Maddness tries to get in his usual high-risk, suicidal offense during this match with some brief journeys to the top rope, but for the most part Hearte is in control of this encounter, picking Maddness slowly apart with his technical knowledge and occasionally stepping up with some hard-hitting brawling whenever his opponent seems to be getting up a head of steam. This continues for a few minutes, with Maddness trying in vain to do some damage to a clearly focused Hearte, before Hearte decides to end things with a stiff superkick, before Irish whipping his opponent into the corner. Maddness connects hard with the turnbuckle, and falls to the outside, where he remains for a 10-count. Having won by count-out thanks to his own mean streak, Hearte goes to the outside and picks Maddness up, slamming his face into the ringpost. The spot machine is bleeding heavily now, and Hearte celebrates his victory before heading backstage.

(Match Quality 78%, Crowd Reaction 43%, Overall Rating 60%)

---

R.C: We night need some medical attention out here, Pez! Maddness took one Hell of a beating in that one, he looked to have made an ugly impact with the turnbuckle, and now Hearte just pitched him into the ringpost! Maddness is bleeding pretty badly!

Pez: Owch, that’s all I’ve gotta say, R.C! Owwwwwie!

R.C: God, I need a new partner out here. Anyhow, folks – last week, we saw Jason Temptation’s attempt to win the iiW Heavyweight title foiled by Austin Lee’s desire to get at Jonny Storm. Tonight, Temptation hopes to take out some revenge on Lee – and that match is up next!

---

Sure enough, as soon as Matt Maddness has been helped backstage, Jason Temptation’s music plays over the speakers and he struts out onto the ramp, posing and making several ‘look at me’ gestures to the fans, who jeer and boo as he makes his way down to the ring and warms up. While Temptation is doing so, three power chords take over the speakers and the fans go wild for the Grunge Superstar himself, Austin Lee! Lee heads down to the ring, high-fiving his fans and shaking hands with Dave and Andy, before heading into the ring to start the match.

MATCH 5: Austin Lee vs Jason Temptation

Temptation, clearly frustrated and annoyed at the events of last week’s show, immediately takes it to Lee with some quick clotheslines and a dropkick, sending him into the ropes, before dropkicking him again to the outside. The match itself is mostly a technical wrestling bout, with both men quickly realising that any all-out fight will result in a stalemate and trying to out-think each other. Temptation tries to neutralise Lee’s aerial advantage by working on his legs with some ruthless submissions and vicious open kicks to the shins and knees. Lee, meanwhile, feels Temptation out and zones in on his ribs, using a variety of holds and innovative moves to weaken him up and leave him gasping for air, allowing the youngster some time to use his top-rope arsenal. Eventually, Temptation drills the Grunge Superstar down with a stiff lariat, and signals for the end. As he stalks Lee, however, Steve Bradley races out to ringside! Bradley jumps into the ring and superkicks Temptation, who falls headlong into a Degenerate Driver for the pinfall! Lee celebrates his victory after the bout, while Steve Bradley appears to have finally been pushed over the edge by weeks of abuse from Temptation, whaling away on him with stomp after stomp and punch after punch, before grabbing a chair, laying it on his foe, and going to the top. As the fans chant “Holy Shit!” and the referee tries to stop him, Bradley flies off of the turnbuckle with a Frog Splash!

(Match Quality 90%, Crowd Reaction 55%, Overall Rating 72%)

---

R.C: Whoa, what elevation! What a Frog Splash by Bradley, just seeming to hang in mid-air right there! Jason Temptation, after weeks and months of tormenting Bradley, has finally gotten his come-uppance in the form of a steel chair-aided Frog Splash!

Pez: Oooooh, R.C., Temptation may just have busted ribs right there, amigo! Did you see that? That’s the kind of intense impact you usually associate with the Pez-meister in the bedroom, BA-BAY!

R.C: …Anyhow, folks, next up is our main event – after waiting in the wings for weeks now, Scott Lopez will finally take his chance to become the iiW Heavyweight champion!

---

Next Champion…

Scott Lopez’s music hits over the speakers, and the fans go wild as the self-proclaimed ‘Hot Commodity’ heads down to the ring, playing to the fans and posing for photos on the way, before stepping into the squared circle and grabbing a microphone…

Scott Lopez: Hey there… you know what time it is? It’s main event time, and that can only mean one thing – that Scott Lopez is going to achieve what he rightfully should have at the inception of iiW – and that’s the Heavyweight title! Now, I let Austin Lee have his crack at Storm, and I didn’t exactly mind when Temptation jumped the queue so to speak, but right now it’s time to put all of the grudges and all of the joking and the speculation aside. Right now, it’s time to crown a new iiW Heavyweight champion, the hottest property in this place rightfully worn by the Hottest Commodity in the known wrestling world! Bring all you’ve got, Storm, and you’ll still fall short – then it’s all over bar the shouting, and you’ll go down for the three count. What can I say? I’m the next champion.

Lopez tosses the microphone to the mat, grins and salutes the fans on the turnbuckle, and then jumps down to the mat to await his opponent.

(Segment quality 71%)

(Scott Lopez gained 2 points of overness from this segment)

Moments later, the epic classical music associated with the iiW Heavyweight champion plays, and the fans are on their feet with a singular chorus of boos and jeers as Jonny Storm heads out, accompanied by his manager Aaron Proctor for this one. Proctor delivers a stream of motivation and praise to the champion as he steps into the ring, hands his title over, and takes off his glittering golden robe, before exiting the ring and leaving the two competitors staring down.

MAIN EVENT: Jonny Storm © vs Scott Lopez – iiW Heavyweight title match

The bell rings, and for a moment nothing happens. Both men stand still, sizing each other up, and then charge. They meet in the middle of the ring, and throw wild rights. Each one is blocked, and neither man can seem to connect with anything. This continues until Storm, frustrated, steps back to weigh up his situation and is superkicked by the challenger. The two men put on a great match and keep the fans hooked with some fast-paced aerial and cruiserweight-style maneuvers, some crisp technical wrestling to wear each other down and chip away at weak spots, and some all-out, bar-fight brawling that sees the match spill to the outside on numerous occasions. Proctor tries to get involved, but a hard right from Lopez sends him sprawling from the apron to the floor, and out of the equation. Finally, after every attempt to pin or even keep the challenger down has failed, Storm rolls to the outside and grabs his belt. He enters the ring, ducks a superkick, and swings… but Lopez ducks! Another swing misses, and a third, before the champion finally feints high and swings low, connecting with a sick thud to Lopez’s head, in full view of the referee, who immediately calls for the bell! As soon as the bell rings, Storm is gathering his title up in his hands and almost diving through the ropes to get out of the ring, rousing his manager on the way and almost dragging him up the ramp. Lopez gets to his feet, his face a mask of utter fury, and yells blue murder at the champion from the ring. Storm simply stares him down, his hands gripping the belt, and Lopez makes the ‘title’ motion at him with a maniacal gleam in his eyes.

(Match Quality 87%, Crowd Reaction 53%, Overall Rating 70%)

(Scott Lopez gained 2 points of overness from this match)

---

Pez: What in the Hell did Storm do that for, R.C? The Pez-meister was planning to spend tonight with some loooovely ladies, as always, but now I doubt I’m gonna be able to keep my mind on the job – that was just wrong, dude!

R.C: Well, some good comes of it at least. But I think what we all want to know is this – what the Hell, what the Hell was Jonny Storm thinking? Not only did he get himself intentionally disqualified, but he ran out of that ring like a bankrobber would flee crime scene! I don’t think Storm had confidence in his ability to beat Lopez tonight, so he took the coward’s way out! Will he speak on this next week, or will Lopez? Will Storm defend the title again, or will this experience have scared him into being less generous with title shots? The only way to find out is to be at iiW Featured Attraction next week!

---

Card Rating – 68%

Once again, I claim that show was a success. I claim all of our shows are a success, of course, being the optimist I am, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that one was our best yet. Everything seemed to click last night – the wrestlers, the matches, the promos, the red-hot atmosphere despite the relatively small crowd, everything. We only made $540 on the door, but if we can keep hot on the back of that, the increase in our standing in the wrestling community will be priceless. Sophie’s already claiming we’ll be big enough and well-known enough to run shows outside of New York by the end of the first quarter of 2005!

Congratulations are in order to the various guys who put on great matches last night – Lance Silva and Pez for a great little opener that really warmed the crowd up for the rest of the show; both the teams of Ash Parker and Chance Beckett and the ‘STD’ of Vincent and Gabriel, their styles and personal chemistry really add a lot to the bouts and make everything seem that much better; Greg Pawluk for pulling a very solid match out of a man who you might think of as ‘just a big man’, and Syco for silencing his critics; and both components of our main event for their absolutely stellar performance. Kudos to you all.

One minor criticism, workrate-wise, was that James Hearte and Matt Maddness’ styles really didn’t gel in their match, with Maddness commenting to me afterwards that being grounded for the bout exposed his relative lack of technical ability somewhat. Hearte expressed similar feelings, and suggested Ash Parker as somebody more suited to him.

Over the last few shows, our decision to build and bill Jonny Storm as a ‘fighting champion’ has really done wonders for how people perceive not only him, but the Heavyweight title and iiW in general. The belt has come on in leaps and bounds recently, from simply being the top prize in a new promotion and basically being otherwise worthless, to being something that people really want to see defended and really look forward to.

Gabriel and Greg Pawluk have both expressed a wish to be billed higher, or ‘moved up the card’ so to speak, citing their increased crowd reactions in the last three weeks or so. I see where they’re coming from, and they’ve both definitely been getting louder responses, but I’m very wary of overpushing people at this stage, and oversaturating the upper-midcard with guys who might not be accepted at a higher level.

All of the feuds have been getting hotter as time has gone on, which is good, and the crowd are definitely getting more and more into them – we even heard a few first-timers after the show commenting that they would come along next week to see what happened between Lethal and Pawluk, which is the kind of positive word-of-mouth we need. Unfortunately, our slight depression of the gas on the Austin Lee/Jonny Storm situation, at this stage, was enough to knock some heat off of their rivalry, something we’ll be rectifying at the next show for sure.

After the show, as we were counting the gate receipts and planning to go out for the rest of the evening, Sophie and I were approached by a man who wanted a job with us. He called himself Mr. Turnbuckle, which is definitely one of the weirder names I’ve heard for someone who isn’t a pro wrestler, and he’s a writer. According to his CV, he’s worked for the RevPro, XPW, PWG, and a couple of other now-defunct California-based promotions. Sophie checked him out, and apparently he’s legit, so this morning we called him up and offered him the job. If nothing else, he’ll be a great help to me in planning the shows and writing promos for the workers, especially those who don’t have the natural charisma to be given a brief and told to run with it, needing their lines written for them instead.

Apparently, Sophie’s estimation that the entire business would be helped out by a booming market was a little overstated. Despite putting on a sold-out show last night, and having been improving for the last five months, CZW are apparently interested in talking to “serious financial backers” – something any wrestling fan knows is indy fed code for “we can’t pay our roster and we’re going to go out of business.” It’s sad to see, and even more sad when you consider how much money Kirk Farrington has invested in a company that is now valued at a mere $750,000 with all associated contracts and copyrights attached.

In keeping with our rotating colour commentary policy, we’ve decided to put Pez back into the shows and have Vincent take over the announcing duties with R.C. Seeing as he’s one of our most charismatic workers, he can play a good heel, and he’s also heading one of our biggest angles right now, it should be a good choice, and something he can use to get the STD angle over further.

We won’t be able to use Jason Temptation on our next show, due to his commitments with the SWF. Fair enough, I suppose, seeing as they were nice enough not to steal him outright and instead give him an open deal, and he is a fairly expensive worker. So, with that little thing to bear in mind, here’s the preview for our next show…

Preview for iiW Featured Attraction, 21/11/04

Live on Sunday night, iiW brings to you Featured Attraction with some big matches in the pipeline after last week’s big show! Following the main event last week, both iiW Heavyweight champion Jonny Storm and challenger Scott Lopez will be in the house, and you can bet tensions will be running high between them!

Following his defeat by Austin Lee last week, Jason Temptation will be taking a week off to recuperate, which is good news for his rival Steve Bradley. Bradley, who has been cost numerous matches by Temptation, will be relishing the chance for a clean shot in his match this week – and he’ll need it against the 285lb Syco!

Last week, Vincent claimed that he and his partner Gabriel were an ‘STD’ on the face of iiW, looking to cripple it and take it for the darkness they claim to serve. This week, Vincent will be looking to score a big victory for darkness, as he faces off against Scott Lopez in singles’ action.

Jay Lethal is currently a man with a mission – to prove his technical superiority over Greg Pawluk. Lethal claims he has been underestimated and is sick of being seen as second best, and punctuated this by destroying Pawluk last week. He will be in the house this week, and with Pawluk expected to be absent, will he be looking to make a further statement?

With two wins under his belt now, Lance Silva is looking more and more confident. This week at Featured Attraction, he will be hoping to make it three in a row against the “All American” Ash Parker. So, for all of this and more, head over to the Manhattan South Recreational Centre this Sunday night! Doors open at 7pm, the show begins at 8pm, and for just $6 it will definitely be a bargain!

Confirmed matches:

Scott Lopez vs Vincent

Steve Bradley vs Syco

Lance Silva vs “All American” Ash Parker

Hope y'all liked that one. Just a quick note - I do appreciate feedback on this, as I'm very aware it's the unfinished article. The views go up, but people haven't replied in a while. I know it's against the rules to post/ask for postwhoring feedback, but anything constructive is greatly appreciated.

RK!

:thumbsup:

I liked it. This diary is a nice change from the WCW,WWE,WWF diaries that litter EWB now. My favourite charecter would have to be Pez, of course I usually like jobbers/odd guys. Keep up the good work!

iiW FEATURED ATTRACTION

21/11/04

((R.C. and Vincent at ringside))

102 in the rec centre with us tonight, which is definitely an improvement on the last couple of weeks to say the very least. The bigger crowd means more noise and a generally bigger reaction as the lights come on to start the show, and from my position in the crowd with Sophie I can spy more regulars than usual and – as always – Dave and Andy, who’s sign reads “Austin Lee for President!” in big letters. R.C. is at ringside as usual, joined by Vincent…

---

R.C: It’s Sunday, it’s 8pm, it’s the Manhattan South Recreational Centre – it’s Featured Attraction, live! Tonight, we know Jonny Storm is in the house after his cowardly conduct last week, we know Steve Bradley will be facing the powerhouse Syco, and we know that “Hot Commodity” Scott Lopez will be facing the man sitting next to me – Vincent!

Vincent: You know, I’d love to say it’s great to be here, R.C., but it really isn’t. I listen to you each and every week, I hear you from the ring and from the back, you and whichever sycophantic reveller you sit next to, dishing out praise and orgasming over every ‘fan favourite’ victory. It’s sick.

R.C: Oooooookay, then.

Vincent: Don’t ‘okay’ me, R.C., I am more than you will ever know in your lifetime. I serve a higher purpose, while you only serve he who signs your measly paycheck, be that the iiW Board of Directors or Buff from Cell Block B. Be silent, fool, unless you have something to say which will not offend the darkness.

---

4-War…

As Vincent berates R.C., Jonny Storm’s music plays over the speakers and the crowd rise to their feet with a huge chorus of boos as the iiW Heavyweight champion and his manager, the slimy Aaron Proctor, walk out to ringside. The champion yells a few choice comments at the crowd as Proctor takes a microphone in the ring, and then settles down as his manager speaks…

Aaron Proctor: Settle down, people, settle down in the presence of greatness. Oh, don’t give me that, surely even you can recognise a champion when you see him? This man, right here, is a fighting champion – what was the very first thing he did upon winning the belt? He gave out an open shot! Since then, he has continually defended his Heavyweight title, taking on all respectable challengers! But… tonight, I’ve got to say enough is enough.

The fans boo, and Proctor continues regardless…

Aaron Proctor: The champion’s contract specifies that he must defend the title once a month at iiW shows, which he has done. But, now of course the company is running four shows a month, and Jonny Storm has already defended his title twice in the month of November – double the contractual requirement! As such, it is with great sadness that I proclaim, in our champion’s best interests, that there will be no further title shots until December!

The fans are heavily booing now, and Proctor grins…

Aaron Proctor: Now, I know that’s a little hard for you people to take, so to appease you, the champion and I have agreed the following with the Board of Directors. After tonight, Jonny Storm will not appear again until December. But, seeing as he has already defeated the three suitors to his title in single matches, he now sees fit to grant them all another title shot – at the same time! We call it a 4-War, and it’s coming your way this December! Divide and conquer, people, divide and conquer. And, that’s not all – tonight, as a special sneak preview, Jonny Storm will compete in a truly international match! The British Sensation, fighting in America, against Japan’s finest, Taiji Ishimori! And let me tell you something, Ishimori – you might have been trained by the Ultimo Dragon, but you’ve got NOTHING on this man!

With that, Proctor tosses down the mic, and exits with Storm. The fans give a mixed reaction for the smarmy manager’s comments and his announcement, but the two men don’t care as they head up the ramp.

(Segment quality 59%)

(Aaron Proctor gained 2 points of overness from this segment)

Almost as soon as Proctor and Storm are in the back, the American National Anthem plays over the speakers and “All American” Ash Parker heads down to the ring to a huge pop from the live crowd, waving the US flag and generally playing to the patriotism of the crowd. It’s sad that Michael Moore’s new film can supposedly open so many eyes, yet five months later we’re all saluting the flag again. As Parker warms up, Lance Silva struts out to the ring in his white suit, busting a few moves and flirting with some ladies, before heading into the ring to start the contest.

OPENER: “All American” Ash Parker vs Lance Silva

The two men shake hands to start, and Silva beheads Parker with a stiff lariat before stomping on him and dropping a knee into the stomach, causing the patriot to wince and roll to the outside to take a breather. Both men concentrate on their high-flying abilities, a favourite of iiW crowds, for this match, giving us a fast-paced opener to hot up the fans. Parker uses his cheap-heat machine gimmick to good effect, constantly posing and saluting the flag which is propped up on the guard rail, while Silva brings it to him with some excellent top-rope moves and quick counters. After hitting a crossbody, Silva grabs the flag from the outside and brings it into the ring, trying to hit Parker with it. The patriot ducks, however, and nails his Patriot Drop for the 1-2-3! After the match, Parker waves the flag around to another pop, and offers a handshake to Silva. Upset at losing again after two weeks’ worth of wins, the ladykiller refuses and makes his way to the back.

(Match Quality 80%, Crowd Reaction 44%, Overall Rating 62%)

---

R.C: What a display by Ash Parker, overcoming Lance Silva there!

Vincent: He’s an idiot, R.C. He parades around that flag and his nationality like it matters, like it makes a difference. He stands up for a country that endorses the right of the rich to terrorise the poor, which stands up for the freedom of speech to say that Whitey is better than Darkie, and bombs foreign civilians for oil. How can any of you fickle goons support this country and this man?

---

Problem-Solving…

We go backstage now, where we see Chance Beckett walking down a corridor and whistling to himself, looking content and well on the mend from the broken nose he suffered two weeks ago. As he does so, however, we see Gabriel come running at him from behind with a chair! Gabriel cracks the chair across Beckett’s back, and slams him into the wall. After stomping on the helpless babyface for a while, Gabriel looks into the cameras…

Gabriel: It is done, Master Vincent, just as you commanded. The problem is solved.

With that, Gabriel walks off-screen and we see Beckett curled up in pain on the floor.

(Segment quality 55%)

(Gabriel and Chance Beckett each gained 2 points of overness from this segment)

---

R.C: What the Hell was that about? You commanded him to do that, Vincent? What in the name of God do you think you’re playing at, what had he done?

Vincent: You are not here to ask questions of me, R.C. Chance Beckett presents me with a problem, and I had that problem solved. You think I wish him to interfere in my important match later? No, so I took out an insurance policy against it. Morals and ethics don’t enter into the minds of the Dark Lord, R.C.

R.C: Oh yeah? Well they enter into mine, and I say you’re a coward!

Vincent: Sticks and stones, little man…

---

Clean…

Steve Bradley’s music strikes up next, and he makes his way down to the ring to a good reaction from the live crowd, playing to them and posing for a few photographs before grabbing a microphone…

Steve Bradley: They say I’ve been on a losing streak of late, that I haven’t been able to get the job done here in iiW. And, hey, they’re right. But, you want to know why that is? Jason Temptation, that’s why! What the Hell did I ever do to him, huh? He’s been costing me matches, week after week, and frankly I’m sick of it!

The fans get behind Bradley now, and he nods his agreement…

Steve Bradley: Thankfully, Temptation isn’t here tonight, and I’m going to get back to winning ways. I hope that one of you guys with videocameras sends the tape to Temptation, so he can watch how even a powerhouse like Syco can’t stop me from taking care of business the way I like to do it – clean!

Bradley tosses down the microphone and awaits the 285lb monster.

(Segment quality 63%)

(Steve Bradley gained 1 point of overness from this segment)

Moments later, Syco’s death metal theme music plays, and the behemoth heads out to the ring to boos and jeers from the live crowd. He bellows at them to be silent, which almost has an affect based on his intimidating physique, and steps into the ring to start the match.

MATCH 2: Steve Bradley vs Syco

Syco quickly takes it to his opponent here, knocking him down with various clotheslines and lariats, before near-decapitating him with a huge boot to the face. The match itself continues in this vain, with Syco dominating Bradley in a ‘David vs Goliath’ match where the lighter man mostly tries to get in a few big maneuvers and then escape his giant opponent’s wrath. Syco goes through his powerful arsenal with numerous slams, drivers, and impressive suplexes, while Bradley mostly brings his high-flying attributes into play for increased impact, and then ducks the bigger man’s comebacks whenever he can. Finally, Syco grabs his opponent by the throat for a Chokeslam, but Bradley buckles his knees and flips out of the move! Landing behind Syco, Bradley drags him into a quick rollup for the pinfall! Bradley rolls out of the ring, the job done, and yells “that’s how I do it!” as the fans cheer. Syco, furious at his loss, argues with the referee, finally grabbing him and Chokeslamming him down!

(Match Quality 80%, Crowd Reaction 44%, Overall Rating 62%)

---

R.C: What the Hell did Dave O’Neil do, why the Hell did Syco take it upon himself to beat on the damn referee! He’s just a sore loser!

Vincent: Silence.

R.C: Why?

Vincent: Because your righteous whining irritates me, that’s why. Speak only when spoken to, R.C. Neither of those men deserved to win, neither of them deserve their accolades. Bradley is a nobody, while Syco is a wannabe who only aspires to serve darkness.

---

Worthy Opponent…

Jay Lethal’s music plays now, and the Lethal One heads down to the ring to a huge boo from the live crowd, based on his utter destruction of Greg Pawluk last week. Lethal ignores them, and takes a microphone…

Jay Lethal: Last week, I did you all a favour, and this is my repayment? You hicks boo me because I helped you out by taking an inferior technical specimin off of the menu for tonight? Greg Pawluk will always be second-best, no two ways about it, and I’m going to make sure you all see that! Tonight, with Pawluk written off, I’m going to show you just what I mean by taking on a, uh, worthy opponent. So come on out, kid, and I’ll show you why they call me Lethal!

Lethal drops the mic, and awaits his ‘worthy opponent’ as the fans boo him some more.

(Segment quality 72%)

(Jay Lethal gained 1 point of overness from this segment)

Moments later, the Pez commercial music plays, and everybody’s favourite bizarre babyface springs out from behind the curtain to a great reaction. R.C. bemoans the size difference and calls Lethal a coward, but Pez doesn’t seem worried as he buddies up to the fans and climbs into the ring.

MATCH 3: Jay Lethal vs Pez

Pez’s sunny outlook even extends to him offering a handshake, which Lethal kicks away with a savate blow and follows with another kick to the stomach and one to the ribs. Pez doubles over, and gets driven to the mat with a DDT. This match is almost all Lethal, with him putting on a technical clinic and dismantling Pez piece-by-piece, using some submissions, suplexes, and some vicious acts of rulebreaking, including illegal chokes and a move where he stands on the youngster’s ankle, grapevines his other leg, and places all of his weight on the ankle! After this move, Pez is limping around the ring, unable to do anything to fend off the onslaught, and Lethal finishes him off with the Lethal Injection. The fans boo as the Lethal One continues to hammer away with stomp after stomp to Pez after the match, before suddenly switching to boos as the supposedly-injured Greg Pawluk heads out! Bandaged up but still on fire, Pawluk chops Lethal hard into the ropes, tightens his leather straps, and delivers a huge chop that cuts Lethal’s chest to ribbons! Yelling out in pain, the Lethal One ducks to the outside and runs backstage, as Pawluk calls him a coward from the ring.

(Match Quality 86%, Crowd Reaction 51%, Overall Rating 68%)

---

R.C: Pawluk is here! Man alive, we thought he wouldn’t be here tonight but he has just defied the odds and given Jay Lethal a taste of his own medicine!

Vincent: You absolutely disgust me, you know that?

R.C: Yeah, well I don’t care!

Vincent: You’ll care soon enough when I ram my fist down your infernally-squeaking little mouth, and don’t think I’m kidding!

---

Next up, Scott Lopez’s music plays over the speakers, and the Hot Commodity heads down to the ring for his match, with his eyes fixed upon Vincent. Lopez climbs into the ring, not bothering with his usual fanfare, and prepares for the match. The STD’s music plays, Vincent stands up from the announce table with the eerie red spotlight illuminating him, and walks into the ring to begin the bout.

MATCH 4: Scott Lopez vs Vincent

Lopez comes out of the corner with a right-hand combo, clearly still fired up after last week’s main event, and almost knocks Vincent off of his feet, following up with an arm drag and a dropkick. Both men put on a solid bout, with each man using both the top rope and their considerable knowledge of the game game well here, trying to out-trick the other man and gain an advantage with not only psychological, scientific wrestling holds but also blistering aerial attacks as well. Lopez concentrates on the arm, wearing it down throughout the match, while Vincent goes after the Hot Commodity’s legs. Eventually, Lopez goes to the top and hits a kneedrop to the arm, which draws out Gabriel. The other STD slides into the ring and runs at Lopez, who sidesteps and slings Gabriel right into Vincent! Lopez, seizing the moment, hits his Endgame vertebreaker on Vincent for the win. The STD leave the ring to regroup after the match, and quickly storm it again, but Lopez is ready for them! Dishing out right hands and superkicks, he manages to fight both men off, sending Gabriel to the back and Vincent to the announce table.

(Match Quality 83%, Crowd Reaction 56%, Overall Rating 69%)

---

Vincent: That man will pay, you mark my words! He will pay in blood and sacrifice for DARING to show me up!

R.C: Sour grapes, Vincent?

Vincent: SILENCE! You will not address me in such a fashion, you snivelling little worm, or the Dark Lord shall smite you where you sit! Simply sit, and do your job, nothing more!

R.C: Uhhh… okay? Well, uh, uhm…

Vincent: Have I frightened you, little man?

R.C: No! Okay, then, uh – next up is our main event! Jonny Storm, at the top of the show, claimed he was taking the rest of this month off, right after competing in a truly international match against the Japanese star Taiji Ishimori!

---

Sure enough, Jonny Storm’s music plays for a second time tonight, and he heads out again with Aaron Proctor in tow, wearing his golden robe. Storm steps into the ring, gives the belt to Proctor for safekeeping, and takes off the robe before posing to the booing fans. Moments later, Taiji Ishimori’s music hits and the hard-hitting, quick-kicking Japanese superstar heads out, kicking the air and walking down into the squared circle to begin our main event of the evening.

MAIN EVENT: Jonny Storm © vs Taiji Ishimori – non-title match

Storm tries to start up with a test of strength, but Ishimori kicks him down to the mat, and kicks him down once again as he gets back onto one knee. The two men put on a simply phenomenal show for the crowd, each of them bumping all over the ring and using a fluid, excellent combination of high-flying splendour, technical wrestling, and superb chain-wrestling to make one of iiW’s best matches yet. Storm goes after the legs in a clever strategy designed to limit the power of Ishimori’s kicks, using some classic heel strategy to do so as well as his technical wrestling, while the Japanese superstar uses his puroresu style to beat on Storm and work over his lower back. After hitting a big superplex into the ring, Ishimori signals for the end, winding up for a huge kick he calls the Mirage, but Storm ducks and hits a kick of his own! The champion stumbles into the ropes, where Aaron Proctor hands him something, and bounces off of the ropes to hit Ishimori square in the jaw with his belt! Storm disposes of the evidence, and makes the cocky cover for the 1-2-3. The furious crowd boo and jeer at the result, hurling trash into the ring, but Storm celebrates nonetheless. His jubilation is cut short, however, as Austin Lee races down from the back! Lee, a steel chair in hand, jumps into the ring and quickly dispatches Aaron Proctor, before chasing Storm outside the ring, around it, and back into it, before finally smacking him in the back with the chair! Lee stands over Storm, yelling blue murder at him, as the fans chant his name.

(Match Quality 97%, Crowd Reaction 48%, Overall Rating 72%)

---

R.C: Austin Lee came to Taiji Ishimori’s rescue, this man will do just anything to get at his rival! Oooh boy, when those two men meet in December’s 4-War it is DEFINITELY going to be one to remember!

Vincent: You know, if I’m here next week, I’m going to ask the Board of Directors that they replace you with somebody less hysterical. Or, better yet, I’ll make an example out of you. Do you want that, R.C? No? Then calm down and cease your inane babble!

R.C: I’m doing what I’m paid for!

Vincent: You’re doing it badly. Watch and learn – come along next week, people, pay your six dollars, and watch for an hour as iiW brings to you the revolution – the STD spreading like a plague through this place. There, R.C., was that so hard, you bumbling fool?

---

Card Rating – 66%

Hope y'all enjoyed that one, I quite liked it myself. Anyhow - various post-show bits and the next preview will be up soon.

RK!

;)

Another good show, which I’m pleased with, because now we’re sitting pretty towards the top end of this level, and I don’t think it’ll be long before we can start promoting shows outside the city if word of mouth continues to spread. We lost a little cash on wages, of course, but with the lowered cost of production for this one I’m not expecting a particularly massive loss this month – but, then again, that might just be my optimism taking over again.

A couple of small problems with the pairings for that show, as neither our right-wing road agent Mighty Biggs or Ash Parker thought that the “All American” mixed well with Lance Silva’s style. I thought they did alright, myself, but if Parker is voicing concerns then I suppose we can leave those two off of the list for the near future. Similarly, Steve Bradley objected to his match with Syco both before and after the show, claiming that the behemoth would make him look bad. Syco took it on the chin, which I’m pleased with, but that guy Bradley is beginning to piss everybody off backstage. Both Parker and Bradley suggested Vincent as a better opponent, so it seems that he’s getting a lot of good press lately.

James Hearte wondered if storylines would be able to set him up with Austin Lee going into the next month, because he thinks that he could do some great things with the Grunge Superstar. Well, Hearte is developing into a great heel and a great positive force backstage, so we’ll see if we can give him his wish on this one.

Several other companies put on shows last night as well, including SWC, which was quite an irritation to Steve Bradley seeing as we’d booked him first but Stu Hart was offering more money. Well, he should have been more organised in terms of his calendar, but generally I’m getting very irritated by Bradley’s backstage behaviour – he’s being a real asshole simply because he’s wrestled on TV before, and it’s just not on. Storm has been on TV too, so why isn’t he a prick as well?

CZW is still on the chopping block, valued at $750,000, and I’ve even discussed with Sophie the idea of buying out the rogue Philadelphia promotion. It’d definitely be a talking point that would get us some attention, but perhaps the wrong kind of attention with WCW currently very aware of the booming market buoying up its competitors. Still, I chatted with Kirk Farrington on the phone earlier, and he seems like a pretty nice guy, so perhaps we might see CZW stars in iiW soon in some capacity, if not as part of a buyout deal.

I had a mid-month phone call from our Chinese investor, Mr. Hiro, at lunchtime today, which almost made me throw up – well, that or the fact that Sophie had somewhat botched her attempt to make maison blanche cuisine. Anyhow, Hiro claimed that he’s had people watching the last few shows, and wanted to just check up on us to make sure that we can still pay him his money this month. Oh, believe me, we’ll be paying him if it means I have to go out and rob a bank, his loan shark Tchang is just too scary for words.

Paying careful attention to open, pay-per-appearance contracts and various other problems going into the final Featured Attraction of the month, this week’s card is designed with one thing in mind – trying to save as much money as we possibly can without anybody realising we’re trying to save money. We’ll fail, of course, but the preview is as follows…

Preview for iiW Featured Attraction, 28/11/04…

With iiW Heavyweight champion Jonny Storm not competing, or not even due to be present at Featured Attraction this week, the rest of the roster will be looking to make an impact in the British Sensation’s absence. One such man will be Austin Lee, who will be involved in the 4-War Heavyweight title match next month, and will be warming up this week by facing James Hearte in the main event.

Jason Temptation, after missing last week due to mounting niggling injuries, is due to return to competition this week, whilst his recent adversary Steve Bradley will not be in attendance. This will mark the second week in a row that the two have ‘missed’ each other, so to speak – will Temptation have any words in Bradley’s absence?

Vincent and Gabriel, calling themselves the Slaves to Darkness, have been attacking iiW with the force of a malignant STD in recent weeks. On this week’s show, both men will have a chance to further the cause of the darkness they claim to serve, as Vincent faces Matt Maddness and Gabriel takes on Chance Beckett.

Greg Pawluk will have a chance to score a measure of revenge on Jay Lethal this week, as the two men must find partners to face each other in tag team competition, with the winner being able to choose the stipulation for a match between the two men that the Board of Directors have signed for December!

Confirmed matches:

Austin Lee vs James Hearte

Vincent vs Matt Maddness

Gabriel vs Chance Beckett

Greg Pawluk/??? vs Jay Lethal/???

This has got to be the joint best diary I have read on these boards alongwith PGW. I love it, some of the things ur doing are very original and I'm loving it for example I didn't think Victor would work as a commentator but hes great.

Everythings going really well but i've noticed the situation with you and Sophie has seemed to take a little bit of a backseat.

On a whole I love the whole thing. Good work!!

Okay - no update yet, but just an update on the progress of the update. Suitably confused? Okay...

This diary is continuing, don't you worry, but I've been supremely busy lately and not had much time, etc. As soon as I have 2 hours to myself, this next show is the first thing on my agenda. Unless there's anything good on TV - so you'd better pray to God that there's nothing but old Friends repeats and Two of a Kind on, hadn't you? Heh heh heh.

RK!

iiW FEATURED ATTRACTION

28/11/04

((R.C. and Vincent at ringside))

This week’s show has 104 in attendance, the biggest number since the switch to weekly shows. They’re a lively crowd, which is always nice, and Sophie tells me that we have the biggest number of regulars she’s seen yet. Dave and Andy, as always our faithful Austin Lee fan club, are waving around a large sign which reads “Austin Lee for NEW CHAMPION!” in big letters, and have even managed to start up a chant for the Grunge Superstar. R.C. is at ringside for this one, as always, joined once again by Vincent…

---

R.C: Welcome to Featured Attraction! This is the last show in what has already been a tumultuous November, and it’s going to be huge! Austin Lee takes on James Hearte, Jason Temptation will be in the house, Jay Lethal and Greg Pawluk have a chance to get to grips with each other, and my commentary partner tonight is facing Matt Maddness!

Vincent: He’s going down, plain and simple.

R.C: You sure about that one, Vince?

Vincent: Don’t EVER call me Vince, you small-minded peon, and don’t you ever doubt me. The STD is spreading through this company, and tonight it will score a blow by cutting off the company’s foot – your ever-faithful fall guy.

R.C: Isn’t that a bit harsh to Matt Maddness, calling him a fall guy? No, wait, don’t answer, I already know what you’ll say.

---

Lethal Combination…

As our announcers bicker, Jay Lethal’s music plays over the speakers and the fans begin throwing abuse and soda cans at Lethal as he walks down to the ring, looking cocky and confident as always. Grabbing a microphone from the referee and shoving him out of the ring, the Lethal One begins to speak…

Jay Lethal: Tonight’s the night! Tonight, I get to show you all what I’ve been talking about for weeks and weeks now, by destroying Greg Pawluk’s skinny ass in tag team action! I’m going to make that little bitch tap out, and then I’m going to prove my superiority as the best technical wrestler in this place – no, the WORLD! But hey, I can’t do it on my own, because no doubt Pawluk will have kissed ass to find himself a partner who could throw a spanner into the works. And so, it is with great pleasure that I say screw you, Pawluk, because I’ve got Lance Silva!

The fans boo at the mention of the obnoxious lady-killer, and Lethal grins…

Jay Lethal: Tonight, Lance Silva and I are gonna chew you bitches up and spit you out, because he’s irresistable and I’m just Lethal!

Tossing the microphone to the mat, Lethal exits the ring with his music playing again, ignoring the boos and jeers of the crowd.

(Segment quality 71%)

(Jay Lethal gained 1 point of overness from this segment)

Moments later, the lights cut out and only a red spotlight illuminates Vincent as he stands up from the announce position, and walks into the ring for his match. He bows down in the centre of the ring, raises his hands to the skies, and then removes his cape and robe as the lights come back on. Matt Maddness is out next, headbanging in time to his music, and high-fiving the fans on the way down to the ring.

OPENER: Vincent vs Matt Maddness

Maddness tries to lock up to start, but is cut off by a clothesline that sends him spinning to the mat, and a kneedrop across the throat from the vicious vampire. Vincent utterly dominates this match with his exciting blend of high-flying and sheer power, throwing Maddness around the ring and flying from the turnbuckles with aplomb. The Human Highlight Reel finds it difficult to mount much offense against the vampire, but is able to nail a few big moves from the top rope, and generally bump around the ring for Vincent’s offense. After hitting a huge forearm to the face, Vincent scoops Maddness up and hits an Oklahoma slam, before signalling for the finish. As he does, however, Chance Beckett comes hurtling down the ramp! He jumps onto the apron, which Vincent sees, and the vampire blasts him down with a superkick, giving Maddness the opportunity to roll him up for the pin! Beckett enters the ring after the match, raises Maddness’ hand, and begins to put the boots in on Vincent until the other STD, Gabriel, rushes the ring with a steel chair and cracks it over the backs of both men.

(Match Quality 81%, Crowd Reaction 47%, Overall Rating 64%)

(Matt Maddness gained 1 point of overness from this match)

Willing Servant…

Gabriel furiously rains chairshots down on both Beckett and Maddness, before tossing the chair to one side and grabbing a microphone…

Gabriel: Silence! You fools have no idea, NO IDEA of what it is I serve! I am a willing servant, a willing slave, to that which shall inherit the Earth, and that makes me leagues above you! Tonight, you shall see the power of the STD that festers away at iiW, at every one of you, as this piece of Italian trash Chance Beckett is ONCE AGAIN beaten by the darkness! Get up, Beckett, get up!

With that, Gabriel tosses down the mic and hurls Matt Maddness from the ring, leaving only him and Beckett in the ring.

(Segment quality 61%)

(Gabriel gained 1 point of overness from this segment)

MATCH 2: Gabriel vs Chance Beckett

The damage already done, Gabriel goes to pin Beckett, but amazingly the Italian kicks out at 2! Furious, Gabriel stomps away on Beckett and slams him into the turnbuckle, taking a run-up for a splash, but Beckett dodges and nails a DDT! The two men put on a great high-flying, cruiserweight bout for the crowd here, earning them their reputations as they flip and fly all over the ring from any possible springboard. Gabriel goes after the back he hurt just moments before the match, while Beckett seeks to wear down the STD with his hard-hitting top-rope moves and technical wrestling ability. After hitting a crossbody press, Beckett stomps the mat in preparation for his Mafia kick, but as he goes to take the run-up he finds his leg held down by Vincent from the outside! Beckett struggles to get free, but in the hesitation Gabriel rushes to the top and nails the Nocturnal Ride for the 1-2-3! After the match, the STD take out their anger on Beckett, stomping away at him on the mat and eventually binding him to the ropes with a length of rope before beating on him some more. Eventually, the referee pulls them away and frees Beckett as Vincent sits back down at the announce desk.

(Match Quality 92%, Crowd Reaction 46%, Overall Rating 69%)

---

R.C: What the Hell was that? Why, Vincent, why in God’s name did you do that to Chance Beckett!

Vincent: Do not utter the name of your deity in front of me, R.C. And do not ask questions to which the answer is obvious – Beckett deserves everything that he gets for attempting to fight against the darkness, to rally others against it as if he has any chance of success whatever. As long as he opposes the STD, he can look forward to losing and being destroyed.

---

Next up, Jay Lethal’s music plays for a second time tonight, and he heads out to the ring along with Lance Silva, both men getting booed and taunted by the crowd. The two partners ignore the heat from the crowd, and instead discuss tactics as Greg Pawluk’s music hits and iiW’s most acclaimed technical wrestler heads out to ringside, pausing on the outside and awaiting his partner… the American National Anthem starts up, and out walks “All American” Ash Parker! The fans pop for Parker as he rushes down and into the ring with Pawluk to start the bout.

MATCH 3: Jay Lethal/Lance Silva vs Greg Pawluk/“All American” Ash Parker

All four men duke it out in the middle of the ring to start with, with each man getting in some sucker punches to knock their opponents off balance, before Pawluk and Parker grab Silva by the tights and heave him over the top rope, leaving Lethal one-on-one with Parker. The match itself is a great tag team bout, with all four men using their own individual styles and chemistry to wear down the opposing team. Lethal and Silva play textbook heels, making swift tags and double-teaming to stay one step ahead, whilst Pawluk’s technical supremacy and Parker’s all-round abilities give them a good head of steam in the later parts of the match. Following a big powerslam on Jay Lethal, Parker signals for the end, but as he attempts the Patriot Drop, Lance Silva catches him in mid-air for a backdrop! Greg Pawluk tackles Silva out of the ring, but in the confusion Lethal is able to hit the Lethal Injection on Parker for the pinfall. After the bout, Pawluk re-enters the ring and spears Lethal down, before turning his attention to Lance Silva and locking him in the Stretch Muffler! Eventually, Parker and Pawluk send their opponents running to the back.

(Match Quality 89%, Crowd Reaction 48%, Overall Rating 68%)

---

R.C: Yeah, stick it to them! Greg Pawluk and Ash Parker scoring a decisive blow there! But, despite that, Jay Lethal and Lance Silva won the match, meaning that Lethal now gets to choose the stipulation for his match with Pawluk in December!

Vincent: Oh, I’m just riveted. Really, R.C., I can’t take another moment of the suspense.

R.C: What the Hell is your problem? Annoyed because something that’s going on doesn’t involve you for a change?

---

Tempting Fate…

The announcers continue to bicker until Jason Temptation’s music plays over the speakers, and he walks out to the ring to huge heel heat from the live crowd, utterly indifferent to it as he poses and flexes on the apron before taking a microphone…

Jason Temptation: I’m back! I know how hard it must have been for you all, to go without your beloved dose of Temptation for a week, but now I’m back to full health and you’d better believe I’m back in business! How ever would you filthy people get on without me, huh?

This of course draws boos from the crowd, and Temptation’s face grows sour…

Jason Temptation: Hey, what’s with the hate? Anybody would think you people are SAD to see the only person in this God-forsaken flea-pit with any real talent! Oh, I get it – are you sad because your beloved Steve Bradley isn’t here this week? Well, I hope Steve’s listening, because he’s gonna have to get used to sitting on his ass! You’re doing nothing but tempting fate when you call me out and badmouth me, Steve, and you know better than anybody that when you tempt fate you get burned! If you’re watching, then make sure you watch good, because right now I’m gonna make some other poor soul succumb to Temptation! Come on down!

Temptation tosses the microphone down to the mat, and awaits his opponent for tonight.

(Segment quality 70%)

(Jason Temptation gained 1 point of overness from this segment)

Only seconds later, Pez’s music hits and the fans go crazy as the bizarre fan-favourite bounds out to the ring, looking hyperactive and fired-up as usual, and squares off with Jason Temptation to start the bout.

MATCH 4: Jason Temptation vs Pez

Pez locks up with Temptation to start, and whips him into the ropes, but the main eventer comes back with a devastating knee to the gut and a dropkick to send him down, followed up by a half Boston crab submission. Temptation is in control for most of the match here, soaking up much of Pez’s offense and mowing him down with clotheslines, lariats, and a collection of slams and suplexes. Pez, meanwhile, tries to use the top rope whenever he can to attack Temptation, but quickly finds himself grounded to a mat game that he cannot work with ease. Eventually, Pez tries to lock in a sleeper hold, but Temptation is able to slip free and hit the Deadly Temptation for the 1-2-3! After the match, Temptation yells out to the crowd to watch him make an example of Pez, and grabs the ring bell before jumping back into the ring and cleaning the youngster’s clock with it! Temptation heads to the back, getting booed all the way, as Pez lies flat out on the mat.

(Match Quality 75%, Crowd Reaction 47%, Overall Rating 61%)

---

R.C: What the Hell is all that about? Temptation won the damn match, what makes him think he has the right to just brutalise Pez like that?

Vincent: History is written by the victors, R.C., Temptation won the match and he has the right to do whatever he wants to his victim.

R.C: Your logic doesn’t resemble our human logic, you know that?

Vincent: Mine is much more advanced.

---

Next Champion…

With that, as Pez is lead away, the stirring of teen angst in the arena wells up in anticipation and finally explodes as Austin Lee’s music plays over the speakers! Lee makes his way down to the ring, looking – if possible – grungier than normal in plaid cut-offs and a Mudhoney T-Shirt, and grabs a microphone, holding it up to his face, which is mostly obscured by his hair…

Austin Lee: They say fortune favours the bold… and I guess we’ll see about that in December. I know Jonny Storm isn’t here tonight, but he has rats and worms all over the place that keep him informed, so I want you to listen good! Your pride is gonna be your undoing, Storm, because in facing four men at once you’ve left yourself open to being surrounded, smothered, and suffocated. I know all about those feelings, I’m part of a generation of disaffected youths with NOBODY on their side, with EVERYBODY against them, so the 4-War match is going to be a cake walk for me! Fortune favours the bold alright, and I’m just about as bold as they come! If you want a preview, a little glimpse into the future, then watch the ring tonight as I pin James Hearte one-two-three, and go into December to kick your ass!

Lee tosses the microphone down to the mat, and awaits his opponent as the fans pop for his heartfelt words.

(Segment quality 79%)

(Austin Lee gained 1 point of overness from this segment)

As Austin Lee throws down the microphone, James Hearte’s music hits and the cocky, self-serving Hearte struts down to the ring in his glittering red robe, totally ignoring the boos and jeers of the crowd. Laughing pointedly at Lee, Hearte steps into the ring and takes off his robe, but makes the mistake of turning his back – Austin Lee strikes from behind and the bell rings!

MAIN EVENT: Austin Lee vs James Hearte

Lee hammers Hearte into the turnbuckle to start off with, tears off his robe, and lights him up with numerous vicious chops and slaps to the chest, before taking the egomaniac up to the top rope and hitting a super front suplex, driving Hearte’s chest and face into the mat! The match itself is a great main event, keeping the fans entertained and showcasing some great action from arguably the best face and heel in iiW. Austin Lee exhibits his grasp of brawling and technical wrestling in this match with some great holds and unhinged fury, while Hearte plays a great heel, working on Lee’s legs with submission holds and unchecked kicks to the back of the knees as well as a blatant display of cheating, bending Lee’s legs across the ringpost and using the ropes for leverage! After this maneuver, James Hearte begins to stalk his opponent, but Lee somehow dodges the attempted clothesline and nails a falling ace crusher for the 1-2-3! The Grunge Superstar celebrates his victory after the match, hobbling a little thanks to Hearte’s attack, until he is cracked over the back with a steel chair – it’s Jonny Storm! Storm pummels Lee into the ground, closes the steel chair over his leg, and flies off of the top rope with a heinous Pillmanizer! The young Austin Lee’s cries fill the arena as Storm raises his title in the air and poses.

(Match Quality 92%, Crowd Reaction 57%, Overall Rating 74%)

---

R.C: Oh GOD! Oh man, oh man, we might need some help out here! Oh man, those screams are just awful, I can’t listen to this! Jonny Storm wasn’t even supposed to be in the damn building tonight, why is he here? The iiW Heavyweight champion just decimated the leg of his most troubling opponent, Austin Lee – will this affect the 4-War match?

Vincent: Of course it’ll affect the 4-War match, you simpleton. Even if this Kurt Cobain wannabe can compete, he’s carrying an injury now and the other men will rip him apart like a shark that smells blood. Mark my words – Austin Lee has no chance in that match.

R.C: If there’s one thing you can say for this kid, Vincent, it’s that you can’t write him off so easily!

Vincent: Yes I can. I just did, didn’t you hear me?

R.C: You know what I mean! Anyhow, people, we’re out of time now! I’m R.C. and he’s Vincent, join us in December for what will be iiW’s biggest show yet – Christmas Chaos – and a 4-War Heavyweight title match!

---

Card Rating – 68%

Free time kicks ass. More updates in coming days, I'd guess.

RK!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Raven's Kid

YIPEE!!! Pez gets his ass kicked again! Will he ever win RK?

Good show, although it just seemed a little to "through the motions" to me. Perhaps it was the lack of Storm. I am sure next show will be awesome. Keep it up!

Post-Featured Attraction Staff Meeting/A Look Back at November 2004…

Well, I can safely say that experiment failed. The idea of weekly shows was designed to make us a shedload more money – unfortunately, it worked out leaving a huge dent in our funds. It was entirely my fault, of course, misreading the sponsorship issue and generally dropping the ball – I really am an idiot, we should probably hire an accountant or something, to cover me when I have a moment like that. We have a little over $750,000 in the bank now, which leaves us around that much in the hole. Yes, in one month we’ve managed to kill our funds by half – oh boy. The only plus point as I can see it is that we’ve made a name for ourselves now, and we’re getting covered by the indy wrestling media a lot more recently. So, I guess it’s really a double-edged sword.

Nevertheless, we’ll still be switching back to the once-a-month shows, especially since those bastards at Fox Sports decided not to give us a TV deal, despite the fact that they have absolutely nothing better to broadcast most evenings than women’s baseball and soccer. For God’s sake, it’s the United States, who watches soccer?

Great thanks to Chance Beckett and Gabriel, who can still find enough new things to do after such a lengthy Beckett vs STD feud, and put on a great bout. Their match at the last Featured Attraction was something else, and I’ve got to say they’re amongst the best talents we have now. It really doesn’t do them enough justice, or anybody on the roster for that matter, for me to just say that to them once a month and rave to Sophie about their psychology and workrate all day… I should probably do something for the guys, to show them how much I appreciate their work.

One other thing I appreciate is WCW’s ageing roster. With Randy Savage having retired at the end of November, and Bobby Heenan set to hang up his microphone after Christmas, they’re going to have to create some new stars, which isn’t something that they’re very good at doing. Couple that to the fact that CGC, everybody’s favourite rebel Canadian promotion, have just unveiled a new Tuesday night TV slot, and we could be seeing some hard times ahead for WCW.

Unfortunately for the indy wrestling scene, and somewhat more fortunately for a struggling promotion like us, three federations have closed their doors this month. CZW’s demise was no real surprise, I’ve spoken at length about their financial situation and the possibility of us buying them out, but what came as a shock was NWA: Midwest and 3PW announcing their own liqiudation. That’s half of the East Coast indy scene gone, and the only independent federation in ‘WCW territory’ also dead now.

Once again, the Internet is stupid. Now his CZW and 3PW commitments have been lost, several independent wrestling sites have been linking Kaz Hayashi with iiW. Whilst I can definitely say that I’ve enjoyed Kaz’s work recently, and he’s definitely a great talent, it’s highly unlikely that we could afford to pay whatever a former WCW talent is asking for. So, no on that one.

We have, however, made two acquisitions recently. Vanessa Harding is a former NWA: Midwest manager, she’s got a good look and even better charisma, and I’ve got a role in mind for her that will mean she can work some shows and improve the quality of our mic work, whilst also not crippling our fragile bank balance. The other newbie is perhaps a Godsend – yeah, that’s how to describe him. He only came to my attention after being announced as a part of Osaka Pro’s roster this year, and it turns out he’s from Turkey, although he’s lived in the US for years. That’s all I’m giving away now, although he’ll debut at our December Show, Christmas Chaos, and he’ll most definitely be one of the future impact players here in iiW… if we can keep ahold of him.

It’s definitely been a tough month, but I’m hoping we can learn from November’s mistakes and go on to cement ourselves in the new year as a force in independent wrestling.

Not a huge update, no, but an update nonetheless! I haven't forgotten about this one, or stopped it, due to my new WWF 2000 diary (pluggage!), it's still on my mind very much.

RK!

:blink: