WCW 97 - The WWF Invasion

jayden

WCW Saturday Night

Saturday 19th April, 1997

Tony Schiavone & Larry Zbysko

Tony Schiavone and Larry Zbysko welcome us to Saturday Night as the camera pans around the small studio "arena". They announce that tonight we'll see The Nasty Boys, The Barbarian, two of WCW's great Cruiserweight's, and Jeff Jarrett against Alex Wright. Schiavone starts to talk about what happened on Nitro with Hogan not allowing the footage from the previous week to be shown and leads into a video recap.

Hogan starts calling the shots

Hogan: You can hold it right there Schiavone, there aint gonna be no footage shown tonight brutha. We got Vincent and big Norton in the production truck seeing to that. You aint gotta worry Schiavone, we're not taking over your show tonight. The new World order's got bigger things on their mind. All the nWoites gotta realise brutha, is that this is a big night for the new World order. We're calling the shots around here so tonight if WCW want to have our little buddy Syxx defending his Cruiserweight title against some Mexican Jumping Bean then we want a title shot too. Steven Regal you get that TV title belt shined up because later on tonight you're gonna defend it against this man right here!

[Hogan points towards Michael Wallstreet]

Hogan: Oh yes, that's right Mr Wallstreet. You're gonna go out there and bring back that title to the nWo tonight. Syxx is taking out the little Mexican midget. Who else got a match tonight?

Bagwell: Hey, that'll be me. Tonight, I've got the world's greatest body in that ring....... just like I do every night hahahaaa. But I'm wrestling some guy named Loser? Lex, Loser?

Hogan: Hahahahahaaa, that's right little Buffy. Luger you can forget about title shots my friend because you aint gonna get past the Stuff tonight brutha. Now, who else, who else wants to stop up to the plate?

[Masahiro Chono steps up to Bischoff and starts talking in his ear, Bischoff in turn whispers something into Hogan's ear. At this point Nash is still prodding Schiavone repeatedly in the side of the face and Syxx is ruffling up his hair every few seconds]

Hogan: Hahahahaa, that's right, that big old oaf the Giant. Giant, I almost forgot about you. We've heard you calling out Mr Chono and my Japanese nWo brutha's not one to back down from a challenge so tonight Giant it's going to be you and Chono one on one dude. It's gutcheck time tonight. See you need to realise Giant that you had a piece of this, you had a part of the hottest thing going in professional wrestling today and ya threw it away like garbage Giant. Well yuo'd better get that face ready for a Japanese size 16! You want your show back Schiavone?

[Hogan drops the mic headset he'd taken off Ross to speak with and leaves the broadcast position to the nWo music playing once again]

Nash: See ya later Schiavone

[Nash poked Schiavone in the face one last time as he gets up and leaves]

Edited by jayden

• 1 year later...