My First Graphics In A While

IAceI

So yeah, I hadn't really touched Photoshop in quite a while until yesterday or so so I thought I'd practice and this is what I came up for;

absolutesports5vu.jpg (25)

and then I wanted to try out some animation for the first time, the animation came out how I wanted, all I wanted was a slowly pulsating text so I'm glad it actually worked.

gado2ht.gif (26)

Thoughts?

They're not bad. The backgrounds are looking pretty snazzy, I'm guessing you used brushes for them? Text is simple but it gets the job done. I don't like the blending of VC (?) in the first one. I also don't like the silver letters on the second one, doesn't fit IMO.

I also think that with banners that small maybe a 1px border would fit better. The 3px border can make things seem 'squished' into the graphic.