Nationalizing Wrestling

ACCBiggz

Rope Wars

Municipal Auditorium - Kansas City, Missouri - VHS Tapes went on sale two months after the event nationwide. Pictures from the event were in newspapers and wrestling magazines with reports were published within days.

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Golden Wrestling Federation's Rope Wars presented by the Anheuser-Busch Corporation. The first match is scheduled for one fall with a 15 minute time limit, and is a non-title contest. First making his way down the aisleway hailing from Memphis, Tennessee and weighing in at 271, Honky Tonk Wayne!

A newcomer made his way down the aisle in an Elvis-like outfit. Honky Tonk Wayne made his way to the ringside doing classic Elvis dance moves. The cocky, yet charismatic man got in the ring awaiting his opponent.

Announcer: His opponent, coming down the aisle, weighing in at 215 pounds and residing from Tampa, Florida, Steve Keirn!

Keirn made his way from the back looking confident tonight. He was high fiving the fans at ringside before making his way in to the ring. The ref put the workers in to their corners and got them ready to do combat in the first bout of the night.

Honky Tonk Wayne v. Steve Keirn

Keirn got the upper hand early with quick punches and a bodyslam. Keirn stayed on the offensive with an elbow while Wayne was on the mat. Steve was in control in the early goings of the match. Keirn's offense halted when Wayne started to use his strength advantage to gain momentum. Wayne kept Keirn off balance with power moves. The fans got behind Keirn and started to change the way the match had suddenly turned. Keirn fought back against Honky Tonk with punches and chops backing him in to a corner. The ref stepped in to break them apart, and Wayne got in a cheap thumb to the eye and maintained his advantage after the breif spurt by Keirn. The crowd again got behind Keirn, and he got to his knees and tripped up Wayne on to his back. Keirn rolled him over in to a Boston Crab. Honky Tonk Wayne held on for as long as he could until he was forced to give up to the ref.

Winner: Steve Keirn by Boston Crab (submission) at 6:45

IPB ImageIPB Image

Backstage Tully Blanchard arrives with his bags over his shoulder and Bobby Heenan and Arn Anderson stop him as he gets through the door.

Bobby Heenan: Hey Tully, I'm going to make this real simple. I have followed your career, and I think you would be a great asset to this family of ours. Arn and I have talked this over and we would like to invite you in. All you have to do is agree.

Tully Blanchard: I know Arn, and I know all about the family. It is a great thing to have people watching your back at all times. Give me some time, and I think my answer will be obvious to us all doing Rope Wars.

Tully smiled and shook the hands of both men. He walked away and Heenan and Arn just smiled at each other.

IPB Image

A scene shows Rick Stewart with a big raffle drum filled with balls containing numbers inside. Rick is standing with Wahoo McDaniel while he churns the drum and then stops it. Wahoo reaches in, picks a ball and cracks it open. Wahoo looks at the number and looks disgusted and simply walks away.

IPB Image

As that scene cuts away another cuts in, and we are back with Rick Stewart churning the drum once more with Buzz Sawyer awaiting to draw his number.

Buzz Sawyer: Stop it here you puke.

Buzz reaches into the drum and pulls out a number and looks at it.

Buzz Sawyer: Hahahaha, lets see Tommy Boy try and top this one. You are looking at the new champion.

IPB ImageIPB Image

The scene cuts out and yet another cuts in with Jose Lothario and Gino Hernandez waiting by the drum to select their numbers.

Gino Hernandez: Let me see what I can pull out of here, but you can go first Jose.

Jose reaches in first and cracks it open, then looks dejected and worried, while Gino breaks in to his.

Gino Hernandez: Lovely, you could be the teammate of the next GWF World Champion, Jose! Cheer up pal, I have faith in you.

Gino smiles and puts his arm around Jose as the scene cuts off. Back in the ring stand the Announcer preparing for the next match.

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen this next bout is scheduled for one fall and has a 15 minute time limit. Coming down the aisle standing 6'3" and weighing in at 260 pounds, The Italian Stallion.

Italian Stallion made his way down to the ring, running with his arms out to catch the fives given to him by the crowd. The Stallion rolled in to the ring as the Announcer introduced his opponent.

Announcer: His opponent from Brandon, Florida standing at 6', Paul Orndorff!

Orndorff walked to the ring with a smirk on his face. Orndorff stepped in to the ring and stood across from The Italian Stallion while the bell keeper started the match.

IPB ImageIPB Image

The Italian Stallion v. Paul Orndorff

Orndorff used his strength to put the Stallion in to a sidehead lock and then flip him over on to the mat early on. Orndorff focused his offense on the head and neck region, weakening The Italian Stallion for the piledriver. Paul toyed with the Stallion keeping him on the mat, and then tossing him to the outside. The Stallion finally got back to his feet and rolled back in to the ring at the eight count. The crowd was clapping for Italian Stallion, but not really getting behind him. The Italian Stallion started to gain some momentum with elbows to the guy, and hit the ropes and nailed a big clothesline. He was starting to feel his second wind come on, and tried to keep a nice pace to keep Paul off guard. Stallion bodyslammed Orndorff down, and picked him right back up for another, but Paul countered with a small package, but only to get a two count. Orndorff got up before The Italian Stallion and kicked him in the stomach to keep him down on the ground. Orndorff looked to the crowd and signalled the end before hitting the piledriver for the three.

Winner: Paul Orndorff via Piledriver (pinfall) at 11:24

IPB Image

Backstage Rick Stewart stands with Jake Roberts as he is about to pull his number out. Jake sticks his hand in and pulls a ball and proceeds to crack it open. Jake looks at his number and backs away without giving an expression one way or another.

IPB Image

Another scene shows The Assassin ready to draw his number for Rope Wars. The Assassin reaches in and pulls one of the balls out, and after opening it, puts his hands on his knees in disappointment.

IPB ImageIPB Image

The scene cuts to Bobby Heenan stopping Bobby Duncum Sr. in the hallway before Rope Wars.

Bobby Heenan: Bobby, come here. Tonight I want you to make a decision, a decision to join my family. It is a support system that will help us all achieve our goals. I just want you to know that all you got to do is say yes, and you will be in a family of friends.

Heenan backs in to his lockerroom with the other members of the family, while Duncum looks to be in deep thought with what Heenan just proposed to him.

IPB Image

Another scene with the raffle drum starts with Paul Orndorff, still sweaty from the match he just had. Orndorff draws his number, and then looks at Rick Stewart.

Paul Orndorff: This helps make everything that much sweeter, ha ha.

IPB Image

After cutting out and back in Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan is standing with Arn Anderson, who is awaiting to draw his number.

Bobby Heenan: Right there is good you moron. Arn step up and draw the 30th number, because you are the next champion baby.

Arn looks at his number and leaves with no expression as Heenan laughs as they walk away.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Once again it cuts out and back in, but with Jim Cornette standing alone with his Midnight Express.

Jim Cornette: Haha Boys and Girls, the time has come. You see these two men standing beside me, "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton and "Loverboy" Dennis Condrey are here to impose their will on any tag team that think they are the tag team champions. It is as simple as this folks, Gino Hernandez and his old timer mentor Jose Lothario can not match up with my boys in any aspect. Wrestling, no, looks, haha yeah right, and they don't have the manager to stand behind and push them to be the best. Gino, Jose, be prepared for tonight you realise that your fate is indeed pitch black, as black as Midnight!

IPB Image

It fades away from Cornete and the Midnight Express to Tommy Rich standing with the raffle drum before reaching in.

Tommy Rich: Whoa! This seems like it is good right here.

Tommy reaches in and opens the ball up.

Tommy Rich: Wooo! This is a great number, and I'll make sure that ol' Buzzy will notice that I am indeed in this match.

Tommy laughs and leaves, and the scene cuts out to the ring where the Announcer is standing in the ring ready to start the next contest.

Announcer: The following contest is scheduled for one fall and has a 30 minute time limit. Coming out to the ring first, led by their manager Jim Cornette, weighing in at a combined weight of 493 pounds, the team of "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton and "Loverboy" Dennis Condrey, The Midnight Express!

Cornette led his tag team out to ringside drawing boo's from the crowd. Eaton and Condrey stayed expressionless to most of the crowd while Cornette stirred the fans up. They took off their entrance gear while the Announcer introduced their opponents.

Announcer: Their opponents, coming to the ring, weighing in at a combined weight of 493 pounds, the team of Gino Hernandez and Jose Lothario.

Gino jogged down to ringside, with Jose trailing behind. Gino and Jose had their arms out making contact with the fans at ringside. The crowd was in to the team, and were behind them from their entrance. Gino rolled in to the ring, and Jose got in afterwards. The Midnight Express quickly got out of the ring while Gino and Jose posed for the crowd.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Gino Hernandez and Jose Lothario v. The Midnight Express

Gino and Eaton started off the contest for their respective teams, with Jose and Condrey holding on to the tag ropes in their corners. Hernandez and Eaton tied up with Eaton getting Gino in a side headlock, but Gino quickly shed him off in to the ropes, and hit the mat face first to allow Eaton to hop over him. Eaton came off the other side and Hernandez leveled him with a beautiful clothesline. Hernandez tagged out to Lothario, and held Eaton in their corner to allow Lothario to get an upper advantage right away. Lothario had control of the match, and then Cornette got on the apron drawing the ref's attention away from the two legal men in the ring, allowing Condrey to come in and cheap shot Lothario. Condrey stayed in the ring, and when the ref turned around asked Eaton if they tagged and he of course said they did. Condrey drug Lothario in to the corner, cutting the ring in half. Condrey tagged out, and The Midnight Express took advantage of the older member of the tag team allowing him to take all the punishment. Lothario was winding as The Midnight Express took turns tagging in and out, taking shots at Lothario. Gino tried to get the crowd in to it, by stomping his foot on the mat, Cornette was outside trying to get them to stop by yelling and screaming. Lothario started to fight back out of the corner, rights and lefts, and finally backed his way in to the hot tag from Gino. Hernandez came in and started to unload on The Midnight Express. Bodyslam to Condrey, Clothesline to Eaton, and finally Hernandez grabbed both by their hair and slammed their heads together. Hernandez taunted and felt great, as Condrey, the legal man, and Eaton rolled to the outside. Lothario jumped down from the apron and chased Cornette away, and Eaton stepped in and the two started to brawl on the outside. The ref called for help from the back while Condrey snuck in to the ring as Gino watched Jose and Bobby. Condrey nailed Gino with a forearm to the back and turned him around to suplex him, but Gino blocked it and did a suplex of his own. Hernandez climbed the turnbuckle and flew off with a reverse elbow drop, and the ref counted the three as more refs came out to break up the brawl on the outside.

Winners: Gino Hernandez and Jose Lothario by Reverse Flying Elbow (Hernandez, Pinfall) at 13:31

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

The show cuts away to Bobby Heenan and his family members backstage standing in front of the Rope Wars logo.

Bobby Heenan: You see tonight, Rope Wars, is where my family starts to show everyone around the world why we are the greatest wrestlers to ever grace the squared circle. Masa Saito is going in to this match tonight with the sole purpose to destory whatever or whoever is in front of him. The Road Warriors, Hawk and Animal, are going to impose a path of destruction tonight. The crown jewel of the family, Double A, Arn Anderson is going in with a mission that he will complete. You see tonight the family grows by two, and this family of six will work as one. There is no other unit such as my family that will work together during Rope Wars. Tonight the championship will come to me, and anyone who dares to get in the way will be dealt with accordingly.

IPB Image

The scene cuts away to Tully Blanchard standing alone with the raffle drum nearly empty. He reaches in and pulls out a ball and opens it up. He starts to smile and laugh at the number got and looks at the camera before backing out of the picture.

The scene cuts away to officials backstage trying to break up Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer who have found each other and started to brawl backstage. The two were yelling back and forth while officials finally got them apart and ordered them to their respective lockerrooms.

The scene cuts to Arn Anderson talking to Tully Blanchard. The camera was not close enough to hear what they were talking about, but Arn was seemingly explaining something to Tully before walking away leaving Tully in deep thought.

Another scene cuts to Buzz Sawyer walking in to Terry Gordy's lockerroom. Buzz starts to ask Terry for something tonight at Rope Wars.

Buzz Sawyer: Terry, tonight I just want one thing out of you, we need to focus on Tommy Rich. No matter what happens tonight, he must not win.

Terry Gordy: I agree, but are you suggesting we form an alliance to eliminate him from the match?

Buzz Sawyer: One night only alliance. Just for tonight we focus on one objective.

Terry Gordy: I think we can do that for tonight. Eliminating one threat right away.

Gordy and Sawyer shake hands as Buzz leaves the room. The scene cuts to Pat Patterson standing in the ring with the GWF World Championship alongside the Ring Announcer. The crowd silences as the Announcer begins to speak.

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now time for tonights Main Event! The rules of Rope Wars are as follows: Two men will start in the ring, the men who drew number one and number two. Every two minutes there after a new entrant will come down the aisle and in to the ring. This will continue until all 30 participants enter. The only way to be eliminated from Rope Wars is to be thrown over the top rope and out to the floor where both feet must hit. The winner will be the last man standing in the ring, and he will be declared the first Golden Wrestling Federation World Champion!

The crowd cheered as Pat Patterson raised the championship above his head and then exited the ring, as the Announcer introduced the first participant.

Announcer: Now it is time to find out who drew number one. Hailing from Atlanta, Georgia, the man who drew number one is Thunderbolt Patterson.

Patterson came out from the back and high fived the crowd. He got in to the ring and unzipped his jacket to get ready for whomever may be number two.

Announcer: Weighing in at 280 pounds, the man who drew number two, Wahoo McDaniel!

Wahoo made his way down to the ring without any entrance gear. The Announcer got out of the ring as Wahoo got in. Thunderbolt and Wahoo shook hands before the bell rang to start Rope Wars.

Rope Wars

The bell rung and the crowd was excited to crown the first champion in the history of the GWF. Thunderbolt and Wahoo shook hands and then tied up. Wahoo got the upper hand early on staying in the center of the ring, going nowhere near the ropes. Thunderbolt finally mounted some offense using his speed and quickness to catch Wahoo off guard. Wahoo fought back, pushing Thunderbolt in to the corner and chopping him hard. The clock at the top of the entrance way started to make its way down to ten seconds where the crowd starting to chime in.

Entrant #3: Brickhouse Brown

Brickhouse was in no hurry to get in the ring, and walked slowly down the entrance way.

Wahoo continued to isolate Thunderbolt in the corner while Brickhouse got in the ring. Brickhouse jumped Wahoo from behind and Thunderbolt and Brown seemingly have teamed up in the early going. They double irish whipped Wahoo in to the ropes and layed him out with a clothesline, and Brickhouse went for a cover, but the refs on the outside reminded him that it was over the top rope for eliminations. Thunderbolt then kicked Brickhouse in the head, and started to attack both men on the ground. Wahoo started to get up while Thunderbolt was focusing on Brickhouse. Wahoo chopped Thunderbolt away as the clock started to get close again.

The crowd began to countdown once again as the fourth entrant was about to make his way down.

Entrant #4: Dennis Condrey

Condrey walked down with Cornette, and as Cornette got near the ring the refs informed him to return to the back, and Condrey entered.

Condrey ran over and attacked Thunderbolt with Wahoo, but Wahoo turned on Condrey while Brickhouse got back up and fought with Thunderbolt. It turned in to a tag team battle as Wahoo and Thunderbolt were battling Condrey and Brickhouse. Brickhouse started to get the upperhand on Thunderbolt, and he ran to clothesline him over the top but Thunderbolt ducked and back body dropped Brickhouse Brown over the top rope for the first ever elimination.

Elimination #1: Brickhouse Brown (Thunderbolt Patterson)

Thunderbolt took a rest in the corner as Wahoo had Condrey backed up in the corner, trying put him over the top rope but not having the ability, and the crowd started to count again.

Entrant #5: Bobby Duncum Sr.

Duncum came out alone and walked straight to the ring and got in.

Duncum stared at the tired Thunderbolt as he rose to his feet, but motioned for him just to stay down. Duncum watched Wahoo and Condrey battle it out more. Thunderbolt and Duncum nodded to each other and went to try and eliminate Wahoo from behind, but Wahoo turned around and tomahawk chopped Thunderbolt and bodyslammed Duncum. Duncum recovered quickly and jumped Wahoo from behind while he focused back on Dennis Condrey. Thunderbolt retreated back in to a corner allowing the two on one on Wahoo. The crowd anticipated the countdown and started again.

Entrant #6: The Assassin

The Assassin stalked to the ring, and got inside the squared circle.

The Assassin went right after Wahoo McDaniel. Duncum however turned his attention to The Assassin, and Condrey to Wahoo. Assassin and Duncum quickly went one on one another battling it out, while Thunderbolt remained in his corner. Condrey fell after his brawl with Wahoo, and tried to remain unseen while others fought it out. Thunderbolt got off the ground and walked over to Condrey and picked him up by his hair. Duncum and Assassin took their fight to the middle of the ring where Assassin bodyslammed Duncum in the center of the ring. Thunderbolt had Condrey pinned in the corner, where he has been most of the night, and started to throw leather at his mid-section. The crowds attention turned to the clock once more.

Entrant #7: Jose Lothario

Lothario ran down to ringside and quickly hopped in to the ring.

Jose quickly pushed Thunderbolt out of the way and started in on Dennis Condrey. Thunderbolt backed off and once again went to a corner all himself. Assassin had Duncum up on the ropes, with one leg in the air, trying to force him over the top rope. Lothario and Condrey battled just like earlier in the night, and Lothario was getting the upper hand being the fresher of the two. With five men in the ring the clock began to roll down once again.

Entrant #8: Rip Rogers

Rip walked casually to the ring before getting in the ring.

Rip looked over the four men fighting and Thunderbolt waiting in the corner. Rip saw opportunity with Duncums leg in the air, but instead of helping Assassin he jumped him from behind. Lothario and Condrey were still battling near the ropes, and Thunderbolt sprinted over and clothesline both men out, Condrey flying over first.

Elimination #2: Dennis Condrey (Thunderbolt Patterson)

Elimination #3: Jose Lothario (Thunderbolt Patterson)

Rip and Duncum were battling Wahoo in the corner while The Assassin retreated, and Thunderbolt rushed over and splashed all three of them. Thunderbolt picked up Rip and irish whipped him into the ropes and dropkicked him to the canvas. Duncum and Wahoo got up, and tied back up. Wahoo applied an armbar while the clock counted down.

Entrant #9: Jesse Barr

Barr jogged down to the ring quickly and joined the fray.

Barr went over and broke the armbar, attack Wahoo McDaniel. So far McDaniel has been a target of many of the entrants, clearly he is viewed as one of the biggest threats to take it all, but we still have a long way to go. Wahoo is trapped between Barr and Duncum while The Assassin and Thunderbolt started to brawl. The Assassin irish whipped Thunderbolt and gave him a high back body drop. McDaniel had both legs in the air, but was staying inside the ring as Barr and Duncum were having trouble lifting him over the top rope. Fans chanted as the clocked wound down.

Entrant #10: Austin Idol

Idol cockily strolled down to ringside and got in the ring with the other wrestlers.

Idol looked at everyone fighting and simply watched. The Assassin dropped Thunderbolt with a huge headbutt, and then turned around to see Wahoo in trouble. Assassin walked over, but instead of eliminating Wahoo he fought off Duncum and Barr. Barr leaned against the rope and Assassin clotheslined him over the top rope and on to the floor.

Elimination #4: Jesse Barr (The Assassin)

Wahoo dropped down to the canvas as he has taken a beating so far in this Rope Wars match and he is only a third of the way through it. Idol then went over to Wahoo and started to choke him with his boot while The Assassin and Bobby Duncum brawled. Duncum put his thumb to the eye of The Assassin and bodyslammed him down. Thunderbolt saw opportunity and climbed to the second rope and dove off with a forearm to the fallen Assassin. The timer buzzed to signal a new entrant.

Entrant #11: Bob Roop

Roop jogged to the ring and slid under the bottom rope.

Roop ran over to attack Austin Idol, and give Wahoo a break. Roop started to throw quick rights and lefts to the body of Idol in the corner. Wahoo laying on the mat over in the corner drained of almost all his energy. Thunderbolt had Assassin in a side headlock, and Assassin threw him off in to the ropes, and Thunderbolt got dropped with a huge clothesline. Wahoo got back to his feet, and Bobby Duncum looked his way, but decided to assist Bob Roop in trying to put Austin Idol over the top rope, but Idol had his foot locked between the ropes. The fans started again and turned their attention to see who was coming out next.

Entrant #12: Masa Saito

Heenan came out with Saito talking to him before the officials signaled him to the back.

Saito came in the ring and walked over to Rip Rogers and gave him a thrust kick that sent him flying over the top rope.

Elimination #5: Rip Rogers (Masa Saito)

Saito quickly caught the attention of others around him, and they stayed away from him continuing their current battles. The Assassin broke away from his battle with Thunderbolt and went after the tired Wahoo, and Wahoo tied up with him, but Bobby Duncum and Masa Saito dumped them both over the top rope together.

Elimination #6: The Assassin (Bobby Duncum)

Elimination #7: Wahoo McDaniel (Masa Saito)

Only three of the first ten are still in this match, showing the need for a late draw, and if this is a sign to come then the winner should come from the last ten who enter. The action continued as the 13th entrant made his way to the ring.

Entrant #13: Rick Martel

Martel ran down to ringside and jumped in the ring.

Martel cornered Austin Idol and Bob Roop. Roop and Martel started to double team Idol in the corner and double irish whipped him into the ropes, but Idol was belly to belly suplexed by Masa Saito. Saito waited for anyone else to approach him so that he could unleash more pain. Martel kicked Roop in the gut after seeing Saito suplexed Idol. Thunderbolt and Duncum talked strategy in the corner, and shook hands. They turned to see the time on the clock and awaited the next entrant.

Entrant #14: Ron Simmons

Entrants in Ring: Thunderbolt Patterson, Bobby Duncum, Austin Idol, Bob Roop, Masa Saito, Rick Martel, and Ron Simmons

Simmons got in the ring and was met by Patterson and Duncum instantly throwing body shots and double teaming the youngster. Simmons took each of their best shots while others battled all over the ring. All participants continued to wrestle until the next entrant came down the aisle.

Entrant #15: Bobby Eaton

Cornette again walked down the aisle with one half of the Midnight Express before being told to return to the lockeroom

Eaton got in the ring and went after Rick Martel who was with Bob Roop still. Roop then helped Eaton start to double team him. The tides in this match turn around quickly with people forming alliances no one would think of and then stab them in the back. The clock started to tick down once again when Duncum tossed Ron Simmons over the top rope.

Elimination #8: Ron Simmons (Bobby Duncum)

Entrant #16: Rick Gibson

Gibson ran to the ring while the others payed little attention to who was entering.

Gibson went over to Eaton and helped out Martel from the double team. He peeled Eaton off and those four all went in a feverish brawl. Thunderbolt turned on Duncum attacking him from behind. Idol backed himself in the corner looking for security, but Saito stalked him down in the corner and gave him a hard chop across the chest. Saito tried to lift both legs over the top rope, but could only get Idol's body parallel in the air. The clocked was now under ten seconds again.

Entrant #17: Steve Keirn

Keirn took time to high five some fans before getting in the ring.

Keirn got in the ring and gave Masa Saito a forearm to the back. Idol got back on his feet and booted Saito in the midsection. Bobby Duncum and Thunderbolt Patterson were still going at it, only slower because of the energy these two have exhausted so far in this match. Patterson has been in the ring for more than 35 minutes at this point. Martel was laying stiff chops to Bob Roop and was starting to gain some momentum. All the men in the ring continued the action while the clock rolled down again.

Entrant #18: Arn Anderson

Heenan came out with Arn, pointing toward Saito and then left him to join the fray.

Anderson gave Keirn a shot to the body and then nodded to Saito, and they both dumped Steve Keirn over the top rope.

Elimination #9: Steve Keirn (Arn Anderson and Masa Saito)

Anderson and Saito went over to Duncum and Patterson, they tapped Duncum and then the three eliminated Thunderbolt Patterson from Rope Wars.

Elimination #10: Thunderbolt Patterson (Arn Anderson, Bobby Duncum, and Masa Saito)

The three then high fived, Duncum has apprently accepted the offer of Bobby Heenan. The three were at about mid ring when Duncum attacked both men from behind to much delight of the audience. The two were not going to be overcome by a tiring Duncum however. They quickly turned the tables on him, and eliminated him together while the clock rolled to zero.

Elimination #11: Bobby Duncum (Arn Anderson and Masa Saito)

Entrant: #19: Butch Reed

Reed ran down to ringside and went right in to the ring.

Eight participants are in the ring, and the action still remains very much the same with new bodies entering at the two minute intervals. Austin Idol has now been the longest participant still in the bout. Reed went right after Bob Roop and Rick Martel. He tried to lift both men over the top rope, but they both gouged an eye. Martel then dropped Reed with a clothesline only to be dropped himself by a kick from Masa Saito. Rick Gibson had Bobby Eaton on the brink of elimination, but Eaton had his arms around the bottom ropes while hanging upside down. He was still in that postion while the 20th man entered Rope Wars.

Entrant #20: Jake Roberts

Jakes walked methodically down to ringside before sliding in slowly.

Roberts slithered over to Austin Idol and nailed him with a short-arm clothesline, and then walked over to Roop and started to pick his spots on him. Saito and Anderson have begun to withdraw from the action and talk strategy while Saito stands in front of Arn to keep others away. Martel has gotten up to his feet and stumbled back in to Butch Reed and Austin Idol. He turned around to duck a clothesline attempt by Idol, and then he and Reed double clotheslined Idol to the mat. The action persisited on once more.

Entrant #21: Road Warrior Hawk

More Heenan Family members enter which only make this a stronger chance that one of them will win Rope Wars.

Hawk rushed to the ring and all three current Heenan Family members went over to Austin Idol and Butch Reed. Hawk and Saito got Reed over the top rope while Arn clotheslined Idol over next.

Elimination #12: Butch Reed (Hawk and Masa Saito)

Elimination #13: Austin Idol (Arn Anderson)

The Heenan Family members once again turned to each other and simply let the others beat the tar out of themselves. None of the first ten participants are still in the match. Martel has been stumbling around the ring after his many battles already this evening. The Heenan Family turns around to see the clock wind down.

Entrant #22: Bobby Jaggers

Jaggers walked down to the ring and entered.

Jaggers was instantly pummeled by all three Heenan Family members. Being beaten to the ground, Martel finally regained enough composure to rush over to the aid of Jaggers and attack Masa Saito. Bob Roop helps the cause by starting to get at Hawk. Jake Roberts and Bobby Eaton are currently double teaming Rick Gibson and have him teetering on the top rope as the clock is running out.

Entrant #23: Tommy Rich

The crowd erupted when they saw Rich run to the ring.

Rich slid under the bottom rope and got to his feet and clotheslined Masa Saito over the top rope eliminating a member of the Heenan Family.

Elimination #14: Masa Saito (Tommy Rich)

Rich was feeling it, and then he made his way over to the corner where Rick Gibson was hanging, and then he helped Eaton and Roberts eliminate Gibson.

Elimination #15: Rick Gibson (Bobby Eaton, Jake Roberts, and Tommy Rich)

Rich turned around to find someone else, but Roberts and Eaton attacked him from behind. You need eyes in the back of your head for this match. Anderson and Hawk focused on Roop and Martel. Roop is now the longest lasting member in Rope Wars at this point. If he holds on to win the championship it will be a cinderella story no doubt. The clock starts to tick tock down to zero.

Entrant #24: Gino Hernandez

Gino ran down to the ring without even stopping for the fans.

Gino ran right for Eaton. He pulled him off Rich and then gave him a right hand sending him over the top rope.

Elimination #16: Bobby Eaton (Gino Hernandez)

Gino turned around and helped Tommy Rich with Jake Roberts. Roop staggered into Arn Anderson who took him by the head and tried to eliminate him, but Roop grabbed the middle rope to prevent the attempt. Martel jumped on the back of Hawk, and Hawk backed his way in to the corner. The clock ticked down once again.

Entrant #25: Road Warrior Animal

Heenan rushed Animal to the ring and gave him orders all the way down.

Animal and Hawk quickly lifted up the legs of Martel sending him head over heels to the floor.

Elimination #17: Rick Martel (The Road Warriors)

The Road Warriors then made their way over to Bob Roop, and tossed him over the rope getting him off of Arn Anderson and ending his quest at Rope Wars.

Elimination #18: Bob Roop (The Road Warriors)

Arn Anderson, with the elimination of Bob Roop, is now the longest serving wrestler in Rope Wars that is still active. Jaggers, Roberts, Rich, and Hernandez were attacked by The Road Warriors and Arn Anderson. Roberts backed away after being beat down by Tommy Rich and Gino Hernandez. The clock ticked down as the fans cheered because of it.

Entrant #26: Terry Gordy

Gordy took his time getting down to ringside, looking at the action from the outside.

Arn Anderson and Tommy Rich brawled in to the corner, while The Road Warriors were having their fill with Gino Hernandez and Bobby Jaggers. Jaggers and Animal brawled, and Animal had Jaggers pressed above his head but Jaggers got a thumb to the eye and dropped to the canvas. The eight men in the ring continued to battle for the two minutes until entrant number 27 made his way to the ring.

Entrant #27: Paul Orndorff

Orndorff got right to business wasting little time to get to the ring.

Orndorff walked over to Bobby Jaggers and Gino Hernandez, and clotheslined Bobby Jaggers over the top ropes making his statement right away that he was here for gold.

Elimination #19: Bobby Jaggers (Paul Orndorff)

Gino then chop blocked Orndorff to the ground. Rich and Anderson were exchanging blows until The Road Warriors came over and started to use their strength of power to attack Rich. Arn got out of dodge while he allowed The Road Warriors to handle his business. Arn snapped around toward the entrance way while he awaited number 28.

Entrant #28: Kendall Windham

Windham strolled to the ring with no hurry to join these men inside the squared circle.

Kendall made his way over to Orndorff and Hernandez, but was met with both of them turning on him and tossing him over the top rope which was about 30 seconds after he got in the ring.

Elimination #20: Kendall Windham

Gino and Orndorff quickly went back to battling. Rich and The Road Warriors were also still going at it, but with Rich on the mat while The Road Warriors put the boots to him. Anderson saw Jake coming from the corner of his eye and grabbed him by the hair before he could attack him. Anderson drug him to the corner as the clock brought number 29 down to the ring.

Entrant #29: Tully Blanchard

Tully walked to the ring pointing to Arn and got in to the ring.

Tully went right to Arn and Roberts, picking up one leg of Roberts while Arn got the other and dumped Jake over the tope rope.

Elimination #21: Jake Roberts (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard)

Tully and Arn made their way over to help The Road Warriors eliminate Tommy Rich from the contest, but as they approached Tully grabbed Arn by the trunks and tossed him over the top rope, and the crowd went crazy.

Elimination #22: Arn Anderson (Tully Blanchard)

The Road Warriors turned around and went after Blanchard, but Tommy Rich held on to Animal as Hawk ran to Tully and he dodged him and tossed Hawk over the top rope, and Animal turned to be back body dropped over by Tommy Rich. Tully and Rich high fived for eliminating the Heenan Family.

Elimination #23: Hawk (Tully Blanchard)

Elimination #24: Animal (Tommy Rich)

As they high fived, and Tommy got some breath the clock ticked down to number thirty and there was only one man we haven't seen.

Entrant #30: Buzz Sawyer

Sawyer laughed as he was the last entrant to join Rope Wars. Six men were remaining in Rope Wars: Buzz Sawyer, Gino Hernandez, Paul Orndorff, Terry Gordy, Tommy Rich, and Tully Blanchard.

Sawyer, of course, went right after Tommy Rich. Tully tried to stop him, but Buzz ran right past him. Tully pulled Buzz off of Tommy, but Buzz spun him around and gave him a headbutt that sent him nearly out of the ring, and Buzz then lifted his legs over the top to eliminate him and get right back to Tommy Rich.

Elimination #25: Tully Blanchard (Buzz Sawyer)

Orndorff irish whipped Gino in to the ropes, but the ropes weren't there for his return, instead Terry Gordy was and he side stepped him and threw him from Rope Wars.

Elimination #26: Gino Hernandez (Terry Gordy)

The final four men all took to a corner as they realised they were the final four. Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer took a sprint toward each other, and Orndorff and Gordy looked at one another and went over to where Sawyer and Rich were. They lifted both of them over the top rope together.

Elimination #27: Buzz Sawyer (Paul Orndorff and Terry Gordy)

Elimination #28: Tommy Rich (Paul Orndorff and Terry Gordy)

Orndorff and Gordy tied up in the middle of the ring, and Orndorff irish whipped Gordy in to the ropes, and on the return Orndorff back body dropped him to the canvas. Orndorff was feeling it and picked Gordy up to toss him over the top rope. Gordy stopped Orndorff from eliminating him by stomping on his toes, backing Orndorff of again. Orndorff was near the ropes, and toss Gordy in to the ropes again. He put his head down to back body drop Gordy over the top rope, but Gordy stopped before Orndorff and lifted him up for his powerbomb. The crowd gasped as they thought that Orndorff was going to be powerbomb on to the concrete floor. Gordy instead turned around and powerbombed him on the mat, and then looked towards the ropes. Gordy picked Orndorff up and chucked him by his tights over the top rope, winning Rope Wars and becoming the first ever GWF World Heavyweight Champion.

Elimination #29: Paul Orndorff (Terry Gordy)

Winner and New GWF World Champion: Terry Gordy at 66:47

IPB ImageIPB Image

Pat Patterson came out with the GWF Championship belt and presented it to Terry Gordy as the fans stood in disbelief at who had won the championship. Gordy posed with the belt as Rope Wars came to a close.

It's Finally Over.

All the preperation going in to Rope Wars is now subsided, but sure there will be others to come but how much worse can the pressure get from the first big show. All the pressure to be successful, all the pressure to have the show go off with out a hitch, or all the pressure to make sure that the videos would go in to production as soon as possible. Luckily a few wrestling magazines were there to take photos and do reports on the show. Terry, I think, is the right choice for champion right now. I believe that Rope Wars was very well done by the boys for being their first crack at it. Pat did most of the work however, having a pre-show meeting with the guys to give them tips and inform them of how it would work.

The crowd at the arena seemed to enjoy it, and this may be something I think about holding either annually or less frequently than that, but that is all future stuff I shouldn't worry about right now. Clode circuit providers hopefully will see this as a sign that I can be successful with their company, and if I can strike a deal I would love to have another show in a few months time to showcase the talent of the roster.

The aftermath of Rope Wars was minimal. No one was late, unlike the last couple of shows, including twice by the newest signing, Lee Gibson. Gibson was a street fighter, from what I heard. He was doing some work on the local indy scenes, and I brought him in as his look and skills just need a little polish and he'll be a decent addition to the roster. However, being late twice is not a good sign, and I have fined him. No injuries to report, although I will give an update on Ricky Steamboat as I have talked to him recently. He said that the rest has been good to his ankle, and he recently went to see his doctor, and he gave him the thumbs up to do some light cardio on the ankle. He said he should be ready to return in about a month to full time action. I personally can not wait for that, another member of the roster to help us out.

All the focus right now is to work on making GWF Pro Wrestling on ESPN a success, a three season deal is not much, but it will have to suffice until we can sustain a longer deal. I think in the upcoming weeks I may have the Tag Team Championship be introduced in a match on Pro Wrestling to make it more credible than it has been, although so far it has just been older matches that provide a breif history of the new company and our workers. So now we set our sights on that show and how to make it a success.

Read half of this last night, and finished it after work tonight, and I've got to say you're doing a solid job. As I've said, I never really read this before, mainly because I was born in this year, which means my knowledge of this era is very weak. I've read stories and such, somewhat studied wrestling's in and outs, but I've never actually watched anything from this era, which means these characters are very unfamiliar to me. I find a lot of the matches during this time were also Punch and kick kind of matches, and submission holds which I believe are very hard to write, but you've actually done a good job by not going PBP and doing a variation of the summary.

On to Rope Wars, seeing as I only have one real gripe, I'll state that first, and that is the lack of stats when it comes to the matches. It's always good to see what a match scored in the game, and to see how you write it compared to the ratings.

Onto the good things, plenty of Arn Anderson has to be a good thing, but damn Blanchard turning on him. I knew it was coming, but still, even when it did I swore at the computer screen. Also liked the little segments featuring the number draws in the back. Something I probably never would have even thought about so it's a very nice touch.

Overall you're doing a very good job on this.

Edited by The Enforcer

• 2 weeks later...

Starting a tour.

After the success of Rope Wars I finally decided that it would be in the best interest to start the tour. We started in the Northwest of the USA. We set up a date in Portland, Oregon first and loaded up the trucks to make their way to the coast. We did a few shows, which went well, but the show for ESPN was held at their fairgrounds. We of course showcased new champion Terry Gordy and had a few matches with some of our stars and smaller local talents. The show went well, but backstage I had to have a discussion with Hawk of the Road Warriors. He arrived very late to our show and I just thought it would be in the best interest to have a discussion with him about the importance of being on time.

Before making our way down the line in to California, I called back home and talked with The Iron Sheik, GCW World Champion, and we came to an agreement that he would sign on with us, and only us. This was a huge deal to me, as we stole the world champion away from Georgia Championship Wrestling. While in Portland I had a chance to see the sons of our own Boris Malenko, and he told me that they would be a good choice to hire for lower level talent. Joe and Dean also signed on to wrestle for us, Joe is more ready than Dean at this moment in time, but Boris talked me in to signing both.

San Francisco was the site for the next GWF Pro Wrestling event on ESPN, and Bobby Duncam main evented on the card. Buzz Sawyer came out to challenge Tommy Rich to a match at the next big GWF event, yet to be named. Rick Martel also was on the card defeating Pez Whatley. Tommy Rich and Pez Whatley, now being friends, has brought my attention to try and get Whatley more involved as Rich pushes for him to get a shot.

After the San Francisco show I decided we would continue the tour after a quick stop near home, so we headed to Birmingham, Alabama. Masa Saito opened the show with a win over Rick Gibson. Tommy Rich made his acceptance speech for the match against Buzz Sawyer, but also mentioned he does not want anyone to interfere, and I am not sure what that means. Headlining the card in Alabama was Wahoo McDaniel against Butch Reed. Wahoo won the bout, and gave the fans a good match for the ESPN show.

Before heading back out to do more of the nationwide tour, I brought Bob Roop in to my office as he was unhappy with his position on the roster. We talked extensivly and came to the conclusion that I would offer him his release from the company. I feel bad for having to do that, but I have to keep moral up in the locker rooms. However, I did sign a new manager to the company, Paul Jones. Jones should make an appearence sometime in the near future to add another outside the ring personality to the mix. I think the next move the us will be to his the Southwestern part of the United States before moving to the East.

• 11 months later...