WWE Summer 2002 Onwards

To anyone who has been reading this, I've got a very busy week ahead and won't be able to update this diary probably until thursday. Just so you know its not dead or anything.

Edited by avengedseventhson

IPB Image

WWE RAW Preview

16th September 2002

Its set to be a huge RAW, with three matches already made and the return of the Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels!

Booker T and Goldust will face The Dudleyz in a match to name number one contenders for the WWE Tag Titles at Unforgiven.

Chris Jericho will have Kane on his Highlight Reel, then will later go one on one with Jeff Hardy.

And RVD will defend the IC Title from Un-American, Test.

Confirmed Matches

Tag Titles Number One Cont. - Booker T and Goldust vs Dudleyz

Intercontinental Championship - Rob Van Dam © vs Test

Jeff Hardy vs Chris Jericho

Big Show, Triple H and Ric Flair will also all be in the house!

IPB Image

WWE News

An updated Unforgiven card, along with a poster are to be released after tonights RAW.

Sources say that after Unforgiven, Shawn Michaels will reurn to a full time in ring schedule.

Apparently Johnny "the Bull" Stamboli, who was set to debut soon as a new member of the Un-Americans, has been sent back to OVW due to some dissapointing perfomances at house shows.

Also from OVW, Former WCW Superstar, Shannon Moore and Chad Collyer, are both been watched closely by WWE Officials.

WDW News

As we get closer to the WDW's debut event... Last Gasp, a large portion of their roster has been unveiled. It includes former WWE Superstars;

Brian Christopher (Grand Masta Sexay)

Jeff Jarret

Jerry Lynn

Ken Shamrock

K-Kwik

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Steve Blackman

TAKA Michinokou

and X-Pac

Other big names include...

Chris Chetti

Crowbar

Jushin Thuder Liger

Juventud Guerrera

Masato Tanaka

Mikey Whipwreck

Psicosis

Roadkill

Sabu

Steve Corino

Sting

Super Crazy

and Ultimo Dragon

It seems as if this "WDW" may actually stand a chance of competing with the WWE.

IPB Image

WWE RAW Results

16th September 2002

Denver, Colorado

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Rob Van Dam © vs Test w/William Regal

Test beat down RVD for quite a while during the match, managing to keep the upper hand thanks to distractions and cheap shots from fellow Un-American, William Regal. RVD managed to gain some momentum eventually fighting against both men at once. After throwing Regal out of the ring, RVD ducked Test’s Big Boot and rolled him up for the three count. Celebrations for RVD didn't last long though as the Un-Americans started putting the boots to Van Dam.. Then some familiar music hit as Big Show “ran” to the ring! He took on both Un-Americans eventually giving them both Chokeslams. Show helped RVD up and handed him his IC title, seemingly mesmerised by the belt as he handed it over, RAW went to a commercial break as the two men were stood in the ring staring at each other.

Winner and Still WWE Intercontinental Champion: Rob Van Dam

Segment Rating = 79%

The Champ has something to say...

The Worlds Heavyweight Champion, Triple H made his way to the ring looking rather confident. He grabbed the mic from Lillian Garcia and started to talk. He told the Denver crowd about how he is the greatest World Champion in history, and no one’s going to take that away from him, not even Kane! He said how at Unforgiven, he would be the last man standing, once he had beaten the living hell out of that freak, Kane. But that's a few weeks away, and he has other business to take care of tonight... because he’s heard that Shawn Michael's has had the guts to turn up.

As HHH finished his sentence, SEXY BOY played on the PA system and Shawn Michael's, with bandages around his wait and lower back, danced his way onto the top of the entrance ramp with a mic.

“Hey Hunter, before we get started I just want to congratulate on hitting me from behind at Summerslam, it took a real man to do something like that! But you know what Hunter, you can put me down again and again and again, but I'll just keep on getting back up!”

This provoked a huge pop from the Denver crowd!

HHH interrupted...

“SHUT UP YOU IDIOTS! I don’t care what you all think, why do you cheer for this has been, he's in the past, I am the future of this business! And Shawn... you can get up all you want.. but I'll just keep on putting you back down, again and again until there’s nothing left of your broken down little body. And to prove it, how about we go one-on-one tonight, unless your... scared?”

Shawn stands there with a smirk on his face...

“Hunter, Hunter, Hunter... we all know the only reason you just challenged me, is because I'm hurting real bad, and you think I’m easy pickings eh? Well unfortunately I’m not medically cleared to wrestle yet... however I WILL stand face to face with you in that ring later tonight for a simple, man vs man Fight, right here in Denver Colorado!

The crowd erupts as SEXY BOY plays once again as HBK goes back to the locker room, leaving HHH in the ring with a somewhat concentrated look on his face.

Segment rating = 85%

WWE Tag Team Championship Number One Contendership - Booker T and Goldust vs Dudleyz

A very entertaining match, just what you’d expect, Booker and Goldust managed to isolate Spike for awhile before he tagged in Bubba who cleaned house, this lead to a series of near falls between Booker T and Bubba Dudley, until The Champions, Lance Storm and Christian ran to the ring and took out both men with title shots to their heads causing a no contest. Goldust and Spike joined the fray, eventually resulting in the Dudleyz and Booker T/Goldust ejecting the champs from the ring, who soon made themselves scarce but none the less without any contenders for their titles.

Winners: No Contest through interference

Segment Rating: 74%

Highlight Reel

Chris Jericho is stood in the ring with the whole Highlight Reel set up. He says before he gets underway he would like to announce his guest for tonight, the Number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship, Kane!

Kane makes his way to the ring and steps into the Highlight Reel. Kane stands by as Jericho berates his opponent for tonight, Jeff Hardy, and Y2J just simply uses this time to hype himself. Then he gets onto Ric Flair, and calls him a worthless has been, Kane didn't take lightly to Jericho’s comments about the legendry Flair, and grabbed the King of the World on the shoulder. Jericho turned round and responded with a slap to Kane! Clearly angry, Kane immediately grasps Jericho by the throat in a Chokeslam position.. but Y2J makes a lucky escape after booting Kane in the gut and proceeds to walk up the entrance ramp.

He gets halfway up it when we hear some familiar music...

Wooooooo

The Nature Boy is here, he runs right upto Jericho delivering right hands and chops, sending him all the way back to the ring! he throws Jericho in the ring steps, then rolls him into the ring. Once inside Jericho is met by a Big Boot from Kane which is followed by a devastating Chokeslam! Kane and Flair then celebrate in the ring for a while.

Segment Rating = 84%

Big Show vs Bossman

Quite a squash match, was over quickly and achieved its purpose of solidifying Big Show as a face.

Winner: Big Show

Segment Rating = 68%

Unforgiven...

Eric Bischoff came down to the ring. He came to inform us all that in order to resolve a few conflicts he has made some more matches for Unforgiven. The Intercontinental Title will be on the line in a fatal four way match featuring; Rob Van Dam, Test, William Regal and The Big Show! also the WWE Tag titles will be on the line in a triple threat match pitting the champions Lance Storm and Christian against Booker T and Goldust and The Dudleyz! He also said that next week on RAW, the main even will be a tag match pitting Triple H and Chris Jericho against Kane and Ric Flair! After making his announcement Bischoff returned to his office in the back.

Segment Rating = 89%

Chris Jericho vs Jeff Hardy

Jeff was ready in the ring when Jericho came out, in street clothes, to announce that after he was assaulted earlier he’s been given the night off, and Bischoff had provided a replacement for Jeff.... 3 Minute Warning!

Segment Rating = 80%

Handicap Match - Jeff Hardy vs 3 Minute Warning

Jeff put up a good fight but eventually fell to the big men, suffering a Samoan drop from Jamal, followed by second rope body splash from Rosey for the 3 count. After the match the two big men beat on Jeff for a while.

Winners: 3 Minute Warning

Segment Rating = 76%

Friendship turned bitter

A video showed the storied history between Shawn Michaels and Triple H.

Segment Rating = 75%

The Big Fight - Triple H vs Shawn Michaels

HBK made his way onto the entrance ramp, and as he posed for his pyro... HHH hit him from behind once again, and the beat down begins. Trips focused mainly on HBK’s back, before slapping him a few time, then slamming his face into the steel ramp, busting him right open! When...

BOOM! Kane’s pyro explodes, and here he is! HHH tries to battle the monster but to no avail, Kane is making short work of the Champion. When HBK gets up, Kane grabs HHH from behind and signals for the bloodied HBK to hit the Sweet Chin Music! Shawn takes a step back and goes for it.. but NO, Triple ducks, and Kane eats Sweet Chin Music! Before Michaels can comprehend what has just happened, HHH hits him with a vicious low blow! The add insult to injury, Triple H pedigree’s the bloodied HBK into the steel ramp! Hunter picks up his title, and raises it in the air as he laughs maniacally at what he’s done!

Segment Rating = 82%

Quick Results

RVD def. Test to retain IC Title

Booker T and Goldust fought Dudley Boyz to a No Contest via Interference

Big Show def. Bossman

3 Minute Warning def. Jeff Hardy in a handicap Match

RAW Rating = 78%

IPB Image

Updated Unforgiven Card

RAW

World Heavyweight Title Last Man Standing Match - Triple H © vs Kane

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Rob Van Dam © vs Test vs William Regal vs Big Show

WWE Tag Team Championship - Un-Americans © vs Booker T and Goldust vs Dudleyz

Submissions Match - Ric Flair vs Chris Jericho

Smackdown!

WWE Championship - Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman © vs Undertaker

US Title Tournament Finals - Chris Benoit or John Cena vs Rey Mysterio or Matt hardy V1

Hulk Hogan vs Kurt Angle

No Holds Barred Match - Edge vs Eddie Guerrero

WWE Smackdown! Preview

This thursday's Smackdown! is the last stop before WWE Unforgiven!

Some big Matches are set to take place, with the semi- finals of the US Title Tournament, Eddie Guerrero vs the Hurricane and In the Main Event, WWE Champion Brock Lesnar faces Hulk Hogan in a non-title match.

Confirmed Matches

US Tournament - Chris Benoit vs John Cena

US Tournament - Rey Mysterio vs Matt Hardy V1

Eddie Guerrero vs Hurricane

Brock lesnar vs Hulk Hogan

Plus More!

By the way, I won't be able to do any grahpics for my diary at the moment because theres some kind of problem with my photoshop. :(

Edited by avengedseventhson

After this I will do a proper preview for Unforgiven, talking about the matches etc. Would appreciate it if anyone who has been reading this could tell me, should I write Unforgiven in the same recap format I've used for the shows, or should I write out all the matches in detail? Its Upto you! Thanks.

IPB Image

WWE Smackdown! Results

19th September 2002

Colorado Springs, Colorado

US Title Tournament Semi Final: Chris Benoit vs John Cena

Both men gave it their all during this exciting match, but Benoit eventually got the victory after putting the rookie Cena into the Crossface, leaving him with no choice but to submit.

Winner and advances to Final: Chris Benoit

Segment Rating = 77%

Rey’s Big Chance

Rey Mysterio is shown having just watched the match on a TV monitor, he looks seriously at who he hopes he will be facing at Unforgiven. Matt Hardy V1 walks over.

“Hey Rey, I see your checking out MY opponent for Unforgiven? Benoit doesn’t have an ounce of Mattitude in him, he doesn’t stand a chance!”

Rey looks at Matt in confusement...

“Whoa there Matt, what makes you think you can beat me tonight? Everyone knows that I’m on a roll, and you, well lets say your ‘Mattitude’ hasn’t done you a whole lot of good recently.”

Matt looks at Rey not looking too pleased..

“Your joking right? Your not? Well how about you look me in the eyes and tell me that you honestly think you can beat me? ”

Rey looks up, but Matt stops him!

“Actually don’t bother, I won’t let you embarrass yourself, we both know your not actually big enough to look me in the eyes, hahahaha”

Matt Hardy walks off leaving Rey looking confused yet angry.

Segment Rating = 75%

WWE Cruiserweight Title Number One Cont. Billy Kidman w/Torrie Wilson vs Chavo Guerrero

A great match between two top cruiserweights. Chavo was preparing to Superplex Kidman from the top turnbuckle, when Kidman reversed, pushing Chavo off the top rope... Kidman got to his feet and hit an amazing Shooting Star Press, and got the pin fall, he then celebrated with Torrie in the ring.

Winner and CW Title No 1 cont. Billy Kidman

Segment Rating = 79%

Its Mine.... All Mine

With Billy Kidman and Torrie still in the ring, Nidia ran down the ramp, and assaulted Torrie! Kidman ran after Nidia, forcing her to run away, but before he could understand what was going on, the Cruiserweight Champion, Jamie Noble was in the ring. He nailed Kidman in the head with his championship belt! Nidia came back into the ring and celebrated. While her boyfriend, Noble stomped away at Kidman, whist holding the title in his face, shouting “Its Mine.... All Mine” repeatedly.

Segment Rating = 67%

Handicapped Match: Billy, Chuck and Rico vs Mark Henry and Ron Simmons

An average match, which saw the not so heterosexual trio pick up the win. With Rico hiding on the outside, Henry and Simmons demolished Billy and Chuck in the ring, later ejecting them both over the tope rope to the outside. While Henry followed Billy and Chuck to the outside to continue the attack, Simmons was left in the ring be become a victim of Rico’s spinning heel kick, giving the stylist the pin fall victory. The threesome made themselves scarce quickly.

Winners: Billy, Chuck and Rico

Segment Rating = 63%

Kurt Angle and Paul Heyman all backstage?

Paul Heyman approaches Kurt Angle:

Heyman “Hey Kurt I have an offer for you!”

Kurt Angle “You? have an offer for me? No offence Paul, but there's nothing a man like you could offer an Olympic Gold Medallist like me... unless of course you want to offer me a shot at Brock’s title?”

Heyman “Unfortunately, no I don’t want to give you a title shot, not right now anyway, but what i do want, is for you to replace me as Brock’s corner man tonight!”

Kurt Angle “Hmmm, he’s wrestling Hogan right?”

Heyman “He certainly is, that's why I asked you! It would give you a chance to, ya know “scout” your opponent for Unforgiven...”

Stephanie McMahon walks into the room.

Steph “Excuse my nosiness gentlemen, but I was listening to you from the other side of the door... and i think in the interest of fairness, if Kurt wants to scout Hogan, he can! However its going to be because im changing the main event to a tag team match. It will be Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar vs Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker!”

Stephanie leaves looking pleased, whilst Heyman and Angle look rather pissed off.

Segment Rating = 84%%

US Title Tournament Semi Final: Rey Mysterio vs Matt Hardy V1

A good match between the two. Part way through the match, Chris Benoit came down and watched from the ramp. Which ever man had the upper hand turned their attention to Benoit, allowing the opponent to take advantage. Rey eventually hit the 619, after reversing the Twist of Fate and pushing Matt into the ropes. He got the pin and the 3 count. As soon as the match finished Benoit ran in and went to applied the crossface to Mysterio! He held it in tight for a good 2 or 3 minutes before referee's were finally able to pull Benoit away.

Winner and advances to Final: Rey Mysterio

Segment Rating = 85%

Eddie Guerrero vs The Hurricane

A short but very good match, saw Eddie make the superhero submit with the “Lasso from El Paso.” After the match, Eddie refused to release the hold, and was eventually ran off by enemy Edge! Edge stared at Eddie through the ropes as he checked on the Hurricane, while Eddie walked backwards up the ramp laughing at what he had done!

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Segment Rating = 85%

Unforgiven Hype

A video was played showing all the matches for Unforgiven this Sunday, talking more about the Smackdown! matches and just mentioning the RAW ones.

Segment Rating = 83%

Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle vs Undertaker and Hulk Hogan

A decent match, which saw Undertaker and Hulk Hogan pick up the win, after Hogan pinned Angle in the ring with the Leg Drop! On the outside, Undertaker had taken Lesnar out of the match by choke slamming him through the announce table! Hogan did his usual celebration in the ring as Undertaker just stared at Lesnar's body and the WWE Title that lay next to it.

Winners: Undertaker and Hulk Hogan

Quick Results

Chris Benoit def. John Cena

Billy Kidman w/Torrie Wilson def. Chavo Guerrero

Billy, Chuck and Rico def. Mark Henry and Ron Simmons

Rey Mysterio def. Matt Hardy V1

Eddie Guerrero def. Hurricane

Undertaker and Hulk Hogan def. Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar

Smackdown! Rating = 76%

• 1 year later...