Ring Of Honor2006: Year of the Dragon

Hayhay17

OOC: This is being written on 1/28 and as far as the results from 1/28 go, I’m going to assume Dragon retained, and nothing else crazy happened from the show. There's no backstory to this diary. It’s for ROH fans, who want something akin to the product they love. I’m going to try and be as believable as possible, so point out if I’m doing something wrong. That being said lets just jump straight in the deep end. Also a note, ROH is a company aimed at an adult audiance, if you are easily offended by bad language or the like, this diary might not be for you.

ROH Newswire for the Week of January 30th

February 5th:In just six days time Ring of Honor will return to Lake Grove, NY at the Sports plus Entertainment Center. Already signed for this show are

Bryan Danielson will defend the ROH World Title!!!

First Time Ever Dream Match

Low Ki vs. Roderick Strong

Pure Title Match

Nigel McGuinness vs. Austin Aries

ROH officials have been promising a huge announcement concerning this show, and we are pleased to be able to announce that on 2/11 we will see Bryan Danielson defend his ROH world title against Jay Lethal. Danielson apparently offered Lethal a title shot to “sweeten the pot” as far as Lethal teaming with Dragon to challenge for the ROH tag titles. This will be an important opportunity for Jay Lethal, as it will be his first ever ROH world title challenge. Danielson is coming off a big win over AJ styles at 1/28 and is on a real hot steak as champion

February 5th: Also added for 2/11 in Lake Grove is an exciting singles match between Milano Collection AT and Jimmy Yang. Milano is returning from Injury, and Yang is recently returned to Ring of Honor so both men will be looking to score a win in this match.

February 5th: Also added for the talent list for 2/11: Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Matt Sydal, and Ring of Honour is excited to announce that Lance Storm will be in attendance, to offer some thoughts on his upcoming match against Bryan Danielson. We will have more announcements concerning 2/11 in tomorrow’s newswire. Tickets for this show are available online at ROH Wrestling.com or by calling 215-781-2500.

February 5th: Roderick Strong is said to be completely focused on his upcoming match with Bryan Danielson. Strong challenged Danielson to a rematch after making him submit to the stronghold on 1/27 in their tag title match. Danielson accepted nothing that it is the first time he has been beaten in an ROH ring since returning in September of last year. Strong has been reported as saying he believe the key to his victory in his upcoming match will be to higher impact moves than before, in an attempt to keep Danielson in check.

February 5th: Expect a huge announcement in the next few days, about some exciting negotiations we have been involved in. Also expect a new video on ROHvideos.com from Commissioner Jim Cornette, regarding the recent CZW invasions of ROH shows, in which Cornett himself was attacked. We are also expecting a video from BJ Whitmer, explaining why he turned on Jimmy Jacobs on 1/28

Edited by Hayhay17

ROH Newswire for the Week of January 30th

February 6th: Ring of Honor, in association with Pro Wrestling NOAH, is proud to announce that Pro wrestling NOAH wrestler Akira Taue will be appearing at our 4/22 100th anniversary show. This is the major announcement we have been talking about in recent newswires. Taue is famous in Japan for his hard hitting, hard working style, as well as being one of the “Four Lords of Heaven” who dominated Japanese wrestling during the 1990s. He is just coming off a GHC title reign and is looking to make his mark on an international stage. He is one of NOAH’s biggest stars, and it will be a privilege for ROH to have him in our ring on 4/22. Ring of Honor officials are still debating who his opponent should be. Expect an announcement on who that is later in the week.

February 6th: We have another match announced for 2/11. It will see Samoa Joe return to ROH after suffering a staph infection. He will take on none other than Claudio Castagnoli. Castagnoli is known to be close to CZW wrestler Chris Hero, who has been causing trouble at recent ROH events. Castagnoli works for both ROH and CZW, and Samoa Joe wants to ascertain where his loyalties lie.

February 6th: Also announced for 2/11 is a special tag team match, as AJ Styles and Matt Sydal Vs Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero. Things have been heated between Generation Next and the Rottweilers recently, and with Sydal still at odds with his stable mates over his upcoming tag team tittle challenge, Sydal could well find himself alone in a bad situation. It will be Rocky Romero’s first match back in Ring of Honor since his loss to Bryan Danielson at Steel Cage Warfare, and he will be eager to impress. Romero will be appearing full time in ROH now, as he has ended his affiliation with New Japan Pro Wrestling. He now claims to have his sights set on regaining the tag team titles he held with Ricky Reyes for so long.

February 6th: A new video is up at Rohvideos.com, in which BJ Whitmer explains why he attacked Jimmy Jacobs after their match on 1/28. Whitmer believes that Jacobs is not living up to the standards that Whitmer set when he first picked Jacobs to be his partner. He also takes it personally that Jacobs would place a woman (Lacey) in front of winning back what he claims is the most important thing in his life: The Ring of Honor tag team titles. Whitmer says he is looking for a new tag team partner, with whom he plans to challenge again for the ROH tag team titles. The tag scene here in ROH is really heating up.

Taken from ROHVideos.com

The camera opens in ROH Commissioner Jim Cornette’s office. Cornette is siting in his chair, the ROH banner is draped across his lap, his lip is swollen and he has a few bruises on his face. Cornette is looking down at the ground. Slowly he raises his head, and we can see more of his face, which is showing the evidence of the beating he took from CZW wrestlers Chris Hero and Necro Butcher in the weekend. Cornette doesn’t say anything for a few moments, then with a sigh he begins.

Cornette: The wrestling world is a big place, there's a lot of places you can go, and hell I’ve been to them all. I’ve been to the NWA, I’ve been to Memphis, I’ve been across to Japan, I’ve seen what they’ve been doing over in Europe, and down in Mexico. I’ve even been…up north…. For a spell. I’ve been all around the wrestling world, I’ve done it all, and I’ve been doing it for a very long time.

Cornette pauses, as if reminiscing

Cornette: And when you’ve been around for as long as I have, you start to gain a little prospective on the world, on the wrestling world. I’ve seen wrestlers come and go, I’ve seen companies come and grow. In fact I’ve seen entire philosophies of what wrestling is supposed to be, come and go. I watched the end of the territories, I watched the fall of WCW, of the NWA, I watched the fall of…E…C…W. I’ve watched as wrestling in North America comes to be dominated by a man I have very little respect for.

Cornette is silent again, showing how little he cares for Vince McMahon.

Cornette: And after all this, the one thing I have learned about Professional Wrestling is that nothing……nothing is forever. Bruno lost the belt, WCW imploded, the territories I came up in faded into nothingness. With that realisation, came a reflection on my own wrestling mortality. People tell me I’m one of the greats, a true wrestling icon if you will. But I have no illusions, I know I’m not going to be around forever.

Cornette smiles a little here, thinking carefully.

Cornette: Now once a man realises this. Once he comes to grips with his own mortality, he realises that maybe its time he gave a little something back to the wrestling world. Maybe he can offer help, guidance, hell maybe even what little wisdom he has. Now that right there is a large part of why I accepted my job as commissioner of Ring of Honor. In Ring of Honor, I saw a promotion I believed in. One built on an ideology I believe in. A Company built, as its name suggests on Honor.

Cornette is now grinning

Cornette: I have truly, truly enjoyed the last few months in Ring of Honor, like many before em this company has reminded me of what I love about professional wrestling. I have been very happy here. I’ve watched the rise of a new champion in Bryan Danielson, a champion who has honor, and who defends the belt like a man. A rarity in the current wrestling climate. And I must admit, to getting used to this company, to the philosophy it was founded on. I got used to pure, athletic pro wrestling. I got used to being surrounded, and being a part of something I love. I got used to love pro wrestling again.

Cornette stops and looks to the ground again, then slowly brings his hand up, until it touches the bruises on his face

Cornette: That was, until last Friday night. When I had a stiff reminder of what I hate so much about professional wrestling. Chris Hero……Necro Butcher. You came into Ring of Honor, you came into MY HOME. And you created one hell of a mess, you busted my lip, you battered me up some. But what you did goes deeper than that. You spat in the face of everything I have come to love about Ring of Honor. You spat in the face of everything I have come to love about professional Wrestling. You acted with out honor.

Cornette snarls the last five words, then pauses again

Cornette: You could have left things in Philadelphia Hero, you could have taken your loss like a man. You could have had some balls and admitted that you got beat by a better wrestler. But that’s not like you is it Hero? You had to come back, and start something. You had to start a war. Well Hero, never start what you can’t finish. You dragged CZW into this as well; you brought that piece of garbage the Necro Butcher into ROH. You fired the first shots. You…had…to…star…a war

Cornette leans a little closer to the camera, speaking slowly and deliberately

Cornette: Ring of Honor will be in Philadelphia on March 11th. If CZW wants a war, if YOU want a war: then by god we will bring you a war. So on March 11th Hero, you bring your army, you bring Zandig, and you bring Super Dragon, and you bring any other two bit garbage wrestler you can find. You bring your tables, and your light tubes and all that other crap. And do you know what your gonna meet? Your gonna meet TRUE Professional Wrestling. Your gonna meet Joe, your gonna meet Danielson, your gonna meet Roderick Strong. And I hope you like these bruises on my face hero. Because I swear to god your gonna be wearing some yourself come March 11th.

Fade to Black

ROH Newswire

February 7th: The final two matches have been announced for 2/11 this weekend. The first will be a tag team match, between the second city saints team of Ace Steel and Colt Cabana and the strange pairing of Homicide and Chad Collyer. Steel has been hunting Collyer recently, but Collyer has managed to avoid a singles confrontation by getting himself booked in tag team matches. However with his usual tag partner defending his Pure Title elsewhere on the card, it looked as if Collyer would finally be out of luck. However Homicide volunteered to tag with Collyer once he saw who would be acting as Steels partner. The issue between Cabana and Homicide was further heated now that Homicide has dropped the FIP World Title, and can concentrate squarely on bringing down Cabana. Cabana has made the special request that Homicides suspension be lifted, so he can get his hands on him again. ROH officials have had Cabana sign a waver however, so they will not be culpable financially if anything should happen to Cabana because of Homicides return to action. A precedent for the lifting of this suspension was set during the Jay Lethal-Low Ki feud of last year. Both Homicide and Cabana are injured in this match, but both are working through it out of hatred. The issues between all four men will no doubt lead to a highly combustible match this weekend and this will be one to watch.

February 7th: The Final match for this week ends card is an interesting one as it is a four corner survival match, featuring some highly unlikely participants. It will be BJ Whitmer Vs Jack Evans of Generation Next Vs Christopher Daniels Vs Alex Shelley of the Embassy. All four of these men are looking to prove something, specifically BJ Whitmer, as he has announced he has left Lacey’s angels, and will now be wrestling solo. Whitmer has an issue with Christopher Daniels that could well surface in this match. Also of note is the animosity between Alex Shelley and Jack Evans. It was Shelley who eliminated Evans during steel Cage Warfare, after blocking Evan’s 630 splash. Look for all four of these men to be working hard to come away with the win.

February 7th: Jimmy Rave has become the first member of the embassy to cash in on his right to book himself in a match. He has requested a Ring of Honor World Title Shot on March 25th in Manhattan. This is interesting because Raves stable mate in the embassy Alex Shelley is in line for a title shot at the Forth Anniversary show on 2/25. Could we see Shelley Vs Rave on 3/25 or is this a sign on how little confidence Rave has in Shelley. There has been friction between the two at recent Ring of Honor shows, and this is surely not going to sit well with Alex Shelley.

February 7th: ROH is pleased to announce a number of matches for the 4th Anniversary show on 2/25. In addition to Bryan Danielson Vs Alex Shelley, we will also see the following: Claudio Castagnoli Vs Nigel McGuinness. If Nigel is still the Pure Title holder by 2/25 then the belt will be on the line. Also announced is Matt Sydal and AJ Styles challenging for the ROH World Tag Team Titles, against Austin Aries and Roderick Strong. The third match announced is a special grudge match: Samoa Joe Vs Jay Lethal in a fight with out honor. This will not be for the ROH World Title, even if Lethal wins this weekend, as ROH officials are uncomfortable putting the belt on the line in such a dangerous situation. 2/25 is set to be a fantastic celebration of Ring of Honor. Tickets are available now from ROHwrestling.com

February 7th: Rohwrestling.com has just been updated with new merchandise for sale, including the DVD editions of both Final Battle 2005 and Hell Freezes Over. Final Battle sees the critically acclaimed Kenta Vs Low Ki match for the GHC jr. heavyweight title as well as Bryan Danielson defending the ROH World Title against Naomichi Marufuji. Hell Freezes Over sees Bryan Danielson defend the ROH world title in an excellent technical wrestling match against CZW’s Chris Hero. Both these shows are solid purchases, and are just $20. Purchase them now from ROHwrestling.com. Both are region zero and will play anywhere in the world.

Edited by Hayhay17

ROH Pick um’s for 2/11

Ok guys you now how this works, there are 7 matches on the card, so you take the numbers 1 to 7 and place them by your predictions. 7 being the match you are most certain of the out come on, 6 being the second most etc. You can only use each number one. For every correct answer you get the number of point u selected, eg if you put a 6 next to a match, and got it right, then you get six points. Good luck with your predictions guys

Main Event

Bryan Danielson Vs Jay Lethal for the ROH World Title

First Meeting Dream Match

Low Ki Vs Roderick Strong

Austin Aries Vs Nigel McGuinness for the ROH Pure Title

Samoa Joe Vs Claudio Castagnoli

Milano Collection AT Vs Jimmy Yang

AJ Styles and Matt Sydal Vs Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero of the rottweilers

Colt Cabana and Ace Steel Vs Chad Collyer and Homicide

Four Corner Survival

Jack Evans Vs BJ Whitmer Vs Alex Shelley Vs Christopher Daniels

OOC: The pick ums are for you the reader. Go a head, who do you think will win each match?

Guest Downcast

Winner: Bryan Danielson

Pick 'Um #: 7

Reason: I sincerely doubt and hope that your not going to take the belt off Danielson until after his match with Storm.

Winner: Low Ki

Pick 'Um #: 2

Reason: I have no idea who will win this match, so I'm just going to take a wild guess.

Winner: Nigel McGuinness

Pick 'Um #: 6

Reason: Most recent ROH diaries have put the Pure title on Aries at the very beginning. I hope your not going to follow that trend.

Winner: Samoa Joe

Pick 'Um #: 5

Reason: I'd like to see Joe pick up the win then there be some kind of CZW/ROH angle after the match.

Winner: Jimmy Yang

Pick 'Um #: 3

Reason: He's not been in ROH for a while, so it'd be nice to give him a victory.

Winner: The Rottweillers

Pick 'Um #: 4

Reason: Give it to them, Generation Next have had enough time to prove themselves, build the Rottweillers as a solid tag team again.

Winner: Chad Collyer & Homicide

Pick 'Um #: 1

Reason: It could go either way really, but I'd like to see Homicide as the decider.

Winner: BJ Whitmer

Pick 'Um #: 0

Reason: I'd like to see him be given a few solid victories after the turn, to build his new character.

Four Corner Survival

Edited by Marth

Bryan Danielson Vs Jay Lethal (Just dont see Lethal as champ anytime soon)

Low Ki Vs Roderick Strong (See Strong taking the title of stiffest wrestler here)

Austin Aries Vs Nigel McGuinness for the ROH Pure Title (Would like to see Aries win, but I also could see Nigel cheating to win)

Samoa Joe Vs Claudio Castagnoli (Would really like to see someone new beat Joe)

Milano Collection AT Vs Jimmy Yang ( Really would like to see Yang rise in the roster)

AJ Styles and Matt Sydal Vs Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero (Styles and Sydal should win but you never know)

Colt Cabana and Ace Steel Vs Chad Collyer and Homicide (See the more experinced team winning this)

Jack Evans Vs BJ Whitmer Vs Alex Shelley Vs Christopher Daniels (I just like Whitmer)

I Really like where this headed dude, very realistic booking and Newswires thus far.

Winner: Bryan Danielson

Pick 'Um #: 7

Winner: Low Ki

Winner: Nigel McGuinness

Pick 'Um #: 3

Winner: Samoa Joe

Pick 'Um #: 6

Winner: Jimmy Yang

Pick 'Um #: 5

Winner: The Rottweillers

Pick 'Um #: 4

Winner: Colt Cabana and Ace Steel

Winner: Alex Shelley

Pick 'Um #: 2

Main Event

Pick Em - 7

No way you're gonna take the belt of Bryan. Especally not for Lethal

Pick Em - 4

I can't see Ki loosing, but stranger thingsd have hapened

Pick Em - 2

Something tells me McGuinnis will keep it

Pick Em - 5

Joe's Gonna Kill You!

Pick Em - 3

Millano is a good worker, would we nice to build him up

Pick Em - 0

Just Because AJ Rules

Pick Em - 6

Homocide is really over, you should probably build him as a world title contender

Four Corner Survival

Pick Em - 2

Tough one to call here, but The Fallen Angel just takes it

OOC: Its a Ring of Honor Diary, so note the use of work rate etc, I hope you like it.

ROH 2/11/2006 as seen on VHS

Segment 1

The camera opens back stage, on Samoa Joe. Joe is in street clothes, jeans, a black t-shirt and a baseball cap. He adjusts the baseball cap then begins.

Joe: Well you take a couple of days off and the shit really hits the fan. See while I was at home, healing up, a very important thing happened. Chris Hero, you came to Ring of Honor, and you started something. Now I hear Jim Cornette up in arms, I hear we’re getting ready for a war. I hear that on March 11th, its going to be CZW Vs ROH at the ECW Arena.

Joe smiles at the thought of taking CZW on in the ECW arena of all places

Joe: Now when you fight a war, you want to make sure you don’t do it alone. You want to make sure people are going to have your back. You want to make sure that everyone is on the same page.

Joe pauses again, letting the point sink in.

Joe: That brings us to you, Claudio Castagnoli. See I know your close to Chris Hero, I know you're close to CZW. But more importantly to me, I know you have a ROH Pure Title challenge on 2/25. Now I held the pure title, and it’s a title I believe in, and, though it hasn’t always been that way, it’s a title I’ve got a lot of respect for. And the thought of you with the pure title, well that makes me a little uneasy. Because I still don’t know which side you're on Claudio. I still don’t know what would happen in you won the title. Would it wind up in a trash can at John Zandig’s feet? Or would you be a man and defend it with honor here in ROH? These are questions I need at answer to Claudio. So tonight I’m going to find out just what sort of man you are, and I’m going to do it in the ring, because I am Samoa Joe, and I am: PURE Pro Wrestling.

Fade to Black

Segment 2

The camera opens in the Generation Next locker room. Austin Aries is sitting alone, his ROH Tag Title is over his shoulder. He looks at the camera

Aries: Tonight, I am presented with a huge opportunity. A historical opportunity. I have the chance to become Ring of Honor’s first ever-triple crown champion. The first man to ever hold the ROH World title, the ROH tag team titles, and yes….The ROH Pure Title. Not only that, but I have the chance to become the first man to ever hold two ROH titles at the same time.

Aries is grinning at the thought.

Aries: Now I know I don’t have the best record in pure title matches. I also know that Nigel McGuinness is famous for narrow escapes when it comes to that title.

Aries stops smiling, and suddenly looks very intense.

Aries: But that doesn’t matter, because tonight I have the chance to make history. And Nigel: You can’t fight history.

Match 1

The first match of the evening is a four-corner survival between BJ Whiter, Jack Evans, Christopher Daniel’s and Alex Shelley. The match starts off at a very fast pace, as it is Jack Evans against Alex Shelley. Evans throws caution to the wind, and attacks right off the bat with his normal high-risk offence, hitting a jumping flip kick to get the advantage. He keeps Shelley off balance using high impact moves. Shelley is eventually able to take the advantage again by dropkicking Evans off the top rope. He slows the match down, locking Evans in a rocking horse submission. How ever BJ Whitmer breaks it up in an interesting manner, with a running soccer kick to Evan’s face. Shelley then tags in Whitmer, and the two of them seem to have an un easy alliance going. The two work together well, working Evans over for most of the match, even busting out a double team back breaker. Evans bumps like a mad man for both men, and takes some sickening stretches from Shelley. He eventually escapes the beating by tagging in Daniels. Whiter and Daniels proceed to elbow the crap out of each other, before Whitmer catches Daniels with a surprise exploder. He tags in Shelley and they resume their double team attack. At one point, Whitmer lifts Daniels up onto his shoulders, and Shelley climbs the top rope, as if teasing the doomsday contra code that Jacobs and Whitmer used to use. That is until Jack Evans springboards in, and catches Daniels with a reverse rana off Whitmers shoulders. With all three men down, Shelley hits a frog splash off the top rope, then picks Daniels up and hits the sliced bread number 2 for the win.

Match 2

The next match is a tag team match between Ace Steel and Colt Cabana and the team of Homicide and Chad Collyer. Ace and Collyer start off, but Collyer instantly tags out to Homicide. Collyers fear of getting in the ring with Ace turns into the story of the match, with Ace refusing to tag in Cabana, because he wants his hands on Collyer. Homicide has a bad shoulder, which Steel targets, with a variets of arm bars. However Homicide is able to reverse one of them into an ace crusher, and Steel is forced to tag out. Cabana STORMS into the ring, and just unleashes on Homicide. The two exchanging punches and kicks, untill Cabana is busted open. Still they keep fighting, brawling around the ring. Homicide eventually tags out, and Collyer comes in, totally fresh, he and Cabana bust out some technical wrestling, but Cabana is obviously distracted by Homicide. Julius Smokes on the out side is rilign up the fans. The end comes via surprise roll up, as Cabana takes a second to yell at Homicide, and Collyer uses a europeon cradle to catch Cabana. Homicide stops Steel from breaking up the pin, catching him with a lariat. Cabana is livid at Homicide, for costing him a loss to the lower ranked Collyer. However Homicide bails out of the ring, still selling his injured shoulder, and opting not to attack Cabana again and risk further injury. For now the damage has been done, and Homicide has the decided advantage in their feud. Steel is angry as well, having still not got his hands on Chad Collyer

Match 3

The third match of the night is The Havana Pit Bulls Vs the team of AJ Styles and Matt Sydal. Despite the recent issues between the Rotts and Gen Next, this match is surprisingly clean, as the Pitbulls want to establish them selves as a tag team again. The problem is that Styles and Sydal are a great tag team themselves. This leads to this being a really great example of tag team wrestling, as both teams bust out great teamwork and double teams. Reyes and Romero unleash the stiffness on Sydal, really working over his back with kicks. Sydal shows how much he has progressed recently, exchanging strikes with Reyes (though he does get into trouble when he trys it with Romero). He also keeps the Pitbulls off balance with his offence, relying on big moves to get the advantage, a very crisp tornado DDT takes down Romero, and Styles is tagged in. It’s a completely different story now that Styles is in, as he can handle both the Pitbulls, and Styles dominates Reyes with his high flying tactics. However once again, It is Rocky Romeros heavy strikes that hurt styles the most, causing him to tag back out to Sydal. Romero tags in Reyes, and it is the two junior members of each team going at it to end the match, they trade reversals until Sydal goes up top for his moon sault, only to get caught in mid air by Reyes, and dropped into the grapevine dragon sleeper. Romero charges across the ring, and tackles styles through the ropes, knocking both men off the apron, in a very nice spot. All alone in the middle of the ring, Sydal is left to battle the hold. However he is able to push back on it, and pin Reyes’ shoulders to the mat, and can maintain pressure for the three count, beating Reyes with the same reversal his stable leader Austin Aries did.

The problem is, this INFURIATES Reyes, and he keeps the hold on. Sydal is limp and lifeless, but Reyes still wont let go of the choke, no matter what the referee trys to do. Julius smokes steps into the ring, as does Homicide and Romero. Styles is still nursing his back from the fall earlier on. The youngest member of Generation Next is left all alone in the ring with the Rottweilers, who proceed to mercilessly beat the life out of him. On commentary, Prazak points out that Sydal’s stable mates are angry with him for challenging for the tag titles, and suggests that may be the reason they aren’t helping him. That is until Homicide pulls out the ghetto fork and moves to stab Sydal with it.

That’s as much as Generation Next can handle, because Austin Aries and Roderick Strong sprint into the ring, and attack the Rotts. Homicide bails to the outside, again looking to protect his shoulder. This leaves the Pittbulls Vs Roderick Strong and Austin Aries, and it turns into an all out brawl until.

Low Ki charges down from the back.

He spins strong round, and unloads stiff chops onto his chest, looking to soften up his opponent for later on tonight. Its 3 on 2 now, and Low Ki manages to force Strong out of the ring, leaving Austin Aries all alone against the Pit Bulls. Romero floors Aries with a huge face kick, and Reyes locks on the dragon sleeper. He doesn’t let go of the move, and really wrenches back on it, looking to do real damage to Aries. Aries has a long standing neck injury, dating back to his hectic schedule as ROH world champion, and Prazak is putting that over heavily on commentary as Aries lies lifeless in the ring. Strong rushes into the ring to check on his fallen comrade, as The Rottweilers leave, laughing to themselves. Strong stares intently at Low Ki, a look of fury on his face.

Match 4

The crowd is very hot after the last match, and so Jimmy Yang and Milano Collection AT have a tough job living up to the high standards of the last match. Where the last match was about Sydal proving himself against the rottweilers, this match is about Yang and Milano proving themselves to the fans. Both men are looking to use this match as a way up the ladder, and as such, the match is structured more around the “I’m better at this than you” mentality. They start with some ground based wrestling, in which Milano EASILY gets the best of. He even manages to catch Yang with a modified Mexican stretch/ Boston Crab combo. Yang is able to get the ropes, and bails to the out side. Milano plays to the crowd, thinking Yang is hurt, only to have Yang hit him in the back of the head with a spring board drop kick. The high flying portion of the match then begins, with Yang looking to have the advantage, except he is constantly troubled by his sore back. This allows Milano to catch him with a back breaker, reversing a cross body from Yang. Milano then locks on an inverted sharp shooter and grapevines that into a chin lock, the result is a very nasty STF variation. The pain is too much for Yang’s back, and he is forced to tap out. Yang’s eagerness to prove himself again to the ROH crowd proved to be his downfall, as he refused to lay off the big moves, despite his injured back. If yang wants more success in ROH, he will have to adapt his game plan, and work smarter.

INTERMISSION!

Match 5

Samoa Joe comes out to a HUGE ovation, the x-division title noticeably absent, as tonight he is representing ROH. Joe actually gets a welcome back chant, having only missed two shows. Claudio gets a respectable reaction, but it is considerably less than Joe’s.

This match is built around one simple principal: Joe wants to see what Claudio is made of. Now for many other wrestlers, that would mean seeing how Claudio wrestles, but since Joe isn’t sure if Claudio is going to CZW or not, he decides to find out in a different way: By beating the living hell out of Claudio. The opening lock up sees Joe push Claudio into the ropes, and instead of breaking cleanly, he slaps Claudio stiffly, one that echoes around the building. From then on, its all stiffness, as the normally more technical Claudio has to survive a very angry Samoa Joe. Joe simply unloads on him with Tenryu punches, chops, kicks and elbows. His chops are even stiffer than normal, reaching Kobashi levels of snap.

Claudio takes his lumps like a man however, and responds with some stiffness of his own, even managing to rock Joe at one point with a VERY stiff Euro uppercut. Joe takes this as a sign its time to step his game up somewhat, and he busts out a SICK German suplex, doubling Claudio up, and Claudio barley kicks out. Claudio realises he’s not going to survive by going head on with Joe, starts to go to the legs, using a figure four at one point, only for Joe to slap him until he is forced to break the hold. Joe gets to his feet first, and though he is hobbling a little once again unloads on Claudio, to keep him away from Joe’s legs. Claudio is actually busted open by the Olay kick and starts to bleed incredibly badly, at least 0.6 Muta.

From that point on, Claudio begins to realise that he’s not going to be able to beat Joe. He tried to hang with him in terms of strikes, and he got slaughtered, he tried to out wrestle Joe, and that just made Joe pissed off. Claudio only has one option left: To go out fighting like a man. Drenched in his own blood, he pulls himself back to his feet and charges at Joe, unloading on him with European upper cuts and chops. Joe actually lets Claudio get a few shots in, before grabbing the exhausted Claudios arm on a chop, and pulling Claudio down, where he busts out the Kawada kicks on Claudios already bleeding forehead. Claudio can barely stand, but Joe still shows no mercy, grabbing Claudio roughly to his feet, and hitting a Chimera suplex for the three count.

Post match, Joe roughly pulls Claudio to his feet, and shakes his hand, then holds Claudios hand up in the air, as the crowd chants “ROH”. As Joe leaves, Claudio collapses in a heap.

Match 6

Next up is the ROH Pure Title match, as an injured Austin Aries makes his way out to the ring. Commentary puts over how bad his previous neck injuries have been. Nigel McGuiness gets good heat on his entrance, and he is grinning cockily. Apart from Joe, Aries is the highest ranked challenger Nigel has had to face, and tonight Aries has been handed to Nigel on a silver platter.

Nigel takes his time with Aries, starting off with chin locks and the like, working over Aries’ neck, that was injured by the Rottweilers. Aries try’s desperately to fight Nigel off, even managing to escape a head scissors by drop kicking Nigel in the face. That how ever just makes Nigel mad, and Nigel busts out a dragon sleeper, similar to the one that Reyes used on Aries earlier tonight. Commentary notes that that isn’t the sort of move Nigel usually uses, but they point out he is adapting to taker out the higher ranked Aries.

Aries in fact has real trouble dealing with Nigel, who seems especially fired up tonight, looking for a clean win over the former world champion. Aries uses some high impact offence, including a wonderful Shibita style running kick, to try and hold Nigel off, but Eventually Nigel is able to catch him with a top rope ace crusher. A relatively short match ends with a clean, although not totally earned, win for Nigel McGuiness, and Austin Aries lost his chance to be the first ROH Triple Crown winner, all because of The Rottweilers.

Match 7

The second to last match of the night is a first time meeting, Indy dream match between Low Ki and Roderick Strong. Ki is coming off his MOTYC against KENTA at Final Battle, as well as a dominant win over Strong’s Gen next stable mate Jack Evans. Strong recently made Bryan Danielson tap out, earning himself the distinction of the only man to hold a fall over Dragon since September of last year. The two clashed earlier in the night, so the crowd is expecting a heated match

They aren’t disappointed. Strong offers a handshake to star the match, and instead gets a STIFF chop to the throat for his troubles. Strong fires back with an even stiffer chop, and the match is on. Strong is a little out classed here, going down to a tidal wave kick to end the first strike exchange, and getting into trouble when they take it to the mat. What he lacks in experience and skill he makes up for in well…. Well hitting like a motherfucker. A yakuza kick nearly decapitates Low Ki, and gets a “Holy Shit” chant from the crowd. Low Ki however only goes down to one knee, and looks to shake it off, until Strong lays him out with a shining Yakuza Kick. He covers for a near fall. Low Ki realises he might be in trouble against the chops, and tries to go to work on the arm, however strong reverses a shoot style arm breaker into a Half Nelson Back breaker, and quickly locks on the Strong Hold.

Low Ki is able to get to the ropes easily, but its quickly apparent he has taken strong too lightly. Strong reinforces that message by actually wining the next strike exchange, as Low Ki seems taken aback. Strong takes the opportunity to hit a few clubbing forearms to the back before hitting another Half Nelson back breaker. Low Ki tries to crawl out of the ring to regroup, only for Strong to follow him and Irish whip him into the turnbuckle. He goes for a chop, but low Ki ducks it, and Strong hits his hand on the turnbuckle. Low Ki senses weakness and just dickishly unloads with stiff kicks to Strongs arm. The rest of the match is pay back for Strong getting the better of Low Ki in the early goings. Ki absolutely destroys Strong’s arm, until it is hanging limply by Strong’s side.

Things start to go wrong for Ki however when he goes for the Ki Krusher, and is unable to get Strong up, because of the damage strong did earlier with the back breakers. Ki responds by whipping strong into the corner, and tying him up in the tree of woe. He climbs to the top rope, looking for the double stomp, only to have Strong reach up and pull his legs out, crotching him. Strong drops out, and climbs to the second turnbuckle, and grabs Ki up on his shoulders, looking for the second rope double knee gut buster that put away James Gibson, in one of Strong’s biggest wins to date. He hits it and slowly crawls over to make the cover. To the crowd’s shock, Low Ki kicks out at two. Strong has a look of desperation on his face as he pulls himself back to his feet.

He goes to grab Low Ki's legs for the Stronghold, only to make the mistake of reaching his injured arm out first, Low Ki finds a moment of strength, and catches Strong in a surprise Triangle choke, on the injured arm. Strong fights the hold for a while, until Low Ki pulls back nastily on it, and Strong had no choice but to tap. He put up a good fight, but Low Ki’s experience was just too much. Still one does wonder what would have happened if Strong hadn’t hurt his arm. Either way it was a fantastic match, and really heated up the Rottweilers Vs Gen Next feud.

Match 8

Its Main Event time as Bryan Danielson defends his ROH World Title against Jay Lethal. The match has a very similar story to Danielson’s 10/29 match against Roderick Strong, with Danielson setting out to prove the youngster isn’t his league.

They start off with some matt wrestling, as Danielson feels out Lethal. Things go bad for Lethal when Dragon is easily able to get him in a hammerlock with his knee driven into Lethal's back. This gives Danielson the knowledge that he is far more skilled than Lethal. He starts to mercilessly pick apart Lethal's left arm, possibly looking to set up the Cattle Mutilation, or the Cross face chicken wing. Lethal does his best to avoid Danielson, busting out some nice strikes, but that only serves to make the champ mad, and he starts slapping Lethal around. However where Strong was content just to fight back when Danielson started being a dick to him on 10/29, Lethal takes a serious objection to it. Danielson heels it up, seeing he is frustrating Lethal. He wrenches back on the nose, waiting till 4 to break the count, then re applying the nose wrench.

“I have till five referee”

While the referee is complaining to Danielson about it, Lethal uses his good arm, to low blow Danielson. The crowd boos the crap out of Lethal, for his blatantly illegal move. Now Lethal shows some of the mean streak that got him his wins over Low Ki and Samoa Joe. He goes after Danielson’s knee, in a very heelish manner, wrapping it around the turn buckle, just like he did during his match against Joe. The crowd can see what's coming when Lethal goes to grab a chair, however Danielson can also see it coming, and has the presence of mind to quickly move his leg when Lethal swings at it. He grabs the chair off Lethal and throws it away, then DECKS Lethal with the mother of all European upper cuts.

The rest of the match is a very simple lesson in why lower ranked opponents should not fuck with Bryan Danielson. He calmly pulls Lethal back into the ring, and pushes him into the corner, where he proceeds to chop the living hell out of him, before tying his injured arm up in the ropes and hitting a running drop kick on it. Lethal’s arm is really killing him now, but Dragon is REALLY mad. He drops Lethal to the mat, and wraps his arm up in a hammerlock then stomps on it. Then he picks him up and grabs him from behind

“This is how you do a proper dragon suplex you little mother fucker”

With that, which gets a loud pop from the crowd, Dragon drops Lethal straight on his head with a Dragon Suplex, a move Danielson used as a finisher up until a few years ago. Danielson, really angered now, mounts Lethal from behind and starts to rain down the cross face strikes, until he mercifully locks on the cross face Chicken wing, and Lethal taps almost instantly.

The message from this match was loud and clear. Danielson is the better worker, but Lethal has a lot of fire, the problem was, Danielson also has one hell of a temper. Lethal was unable to use his heel tactics in this match, and suffered for it. If he wants to get another win on Samoa Joe on 2/25 he’s going to have to take it up a notch. For Danielson, it was just another night at the office, and he truly looks unstoppable as ROH World Champion.

The show ends with Bryan Danielson standing tall in the middle of the ring, the ROH World Title held up high. On commentary, Prazak notes the hard road Danielson is about to face, with Storm, The Embassy, and Roderick Strong all coming for the World Title. The look Danielson wears as we fade to black says it all. They will have to pry the belt from his cold dead fingers, cause there’s no way in hell he’s dropping the ROH World Title easily.

Edited by Hayhay17

Dude, not good. First of all during your Joe interview you kept using "your" when you should have been using "you're." Your is possessive and you're is you are. Plus you didn't always capitalize the names of the wrestlers and that can be confusing with some of the names like Styles and Strong since they work as normal words as well.

The Pure Title match was the worst match on the card for several reasons. First of all it felt like a normal match and you didn't mention rope breaks or anything. Secondly Nigel doesn't win cleanly, that's the whole gimmick behind his title reign is that he stretches the rules without actually cheating. Or he cheats a small amount

What was with referring to Sydal and Reyes as the junior members of the teams. I can sort of understand for Sydal but Reyes and Romero have pretty much always been a team and Reyes has more experience in RoH than Romero does which would make him the junior member although I wouldn't consider either pitbull the junior member.

The Joe/Claudio match and the Cabana & Steel vs. Collyer & Homicide had weird moments when you reveal the thoughts of the wrestlers and that doesn't really seem to work. Especially since the thing Cabana thinks is he's disappointed about losing to Collyer and not Homicide since Collyer is ranked lower. That's just stupid. I don't like the idea of Claudio giving up and going down in style it seems dumb. Why would he know that he can't win?

The chair being used in the main event was kind of lame too but I thought the whole main event was lackluster.

This style of writing seems fairly weak for an RoH diary. You should probably try using spell check and reading over your shows because there are a lot of spelling and grammar errors.

In response to Magell. Firstly, yeah I totally accept the criticism as far as spelling goes. I'll definitely work on that, instead of just running it through spell check. I'll make sure to proof read everything, as I do tend to type too fast, it didn't really come through in the newswires but on the 13 pages of word document that was the last show, my lack of typing ability really showed didn't it? I'll defiantly work on that, thank you

I will however attempt to explain some of the reasoning behind some of the other things you didn't like.

First of all, yes the Pure Title match was the weakest on the card, but it was supposed to be due to Aries being involved in a fight earlier on, and having his neck reinjured. Nigel did not win cleanly, in fact he just picked apart the already beaten up Aries. As far as Nigel shouldn't be allowed to win cleanly thing goes, Nigel has shown, before his title reign, that he is a very talented wrestler, and as I have to think about what I'm going to do with Nigel in the long term, it seemed to me he would be screwed post title if he was never given any clean wins. This way, with a win over Aries, Nigel is actually elevated as a wrestler, although the win is tarnished. This can build to a re match, or just show that Nigel doesn’t always need to cheat.

As far as the junior members thing goes, Your just wrong there sorry, Reyes at this stage in his career, is considered below Romero, and has even been booked like that recently in ROH. The entire student attack thing, was an attempt to get noticed by ROH officials as he had been falling down the card since Romero stopped teaming with him. Romero was given a world title shot at steel cage warfare, while Reyes had to be challenged by Austin Aries, to even deserve a match with him. Reyes tagging with Romero is my attempt to build him back up, but it has to be realistic, Romero has had great success since going to NJPW, and as such, is defiantly higher ranked than Reyes.

As far as the "wrestler thoughts" thing goes, it was meant in more of a kayfabe sense. A lot of ROH matches do have moments like that, when you can clearly see what is going through a wrestlers head in terms of ring strategy. For example the 10/29 match between Danielson and Strong. After the early exchanges, Danielson catches strong with a cross arm breaker, and only then does he try to chop strong, where as he had only been teasing it up until then. It was obvious from that exchange that Danielson knew he was better than strong, and had decided to try and match strikes with him. The moments in the Claudio/ Joe and Homicide matches where my attempt to recreate that. Since this is a diary, and you can't actually see the match, moments like that have to be conveyed through pointing out the wrestlers thought process, as it was the best way to justify Claudio trying to go toe to toe with Joe. You also seemed to have missed the point of him dong it. It is ambiguous, did he try and "fight Joe" to earn his respect as a member of the ROH roster, or is it because he is loyal to CZW? In terms of the Collyer thing, if you read what happened properly, you see Cabana isn't mad he didn't loose to Homicide. He’s mad that he lost to someone ranked lower than himself and blames Homicide for this. With Homicides injury, he couldn't expect to physically damage Cabana tonight, so instead he damaged Cabanas career, costing Cabana a loss to someone who is at best, a lower mid carder. One thing you will notice about this Diary is the emphasis I place on a wrestler rank. I think that is something ROH perhaps doesn’t do enough of, and was one thing I am going to do differently in this Diary. I believe it adds drama to a wrestlers climb up the roster, and makes it more believable than the "he just got really good all of a sudden" type thing ROH did with Dragon when he won the title, and some would argue, what they did with Roderick Strong this year.

The main event was a squash, pure and simple. Lethal, despite wins over Low Ki and Joe, is still ranked far below American Dragon. Dragon has a history of getting angry when youngsters challenge him, as well as showing a desire to prove to the ground how far above them he is, for example "look at this Pussy, he can't hang with me" on 10/29 against Strong. I structured the World Title match to mirror both the 10/29 Strong Match and Lethal's turn on Joe. Lethal gets into trouble against dragon, and tries to do what he did to Joe, however Joe wasn't expecting Lethals use of the chair, where as Dragon was, hence he was able to escape the chair shot that destroyed Joe's leg. Again I'm putting more emphasis on rank and playing off past matches than ROH tends to, but its still with in the realms of possibility as far as ROH goes

Thanks for the criticism, it does actually help, but I hope I've at least made a case for myself. I'll defiantly work more on the spelling and grammar, as ironically I think I made a few mistakes in this post alone, apart from that, I believe I was justified in some of the things you didn't like, and it may just be a matter of our taste in ROH and wrestling in general.

Edited by Hayhay17

ROH Newswire for February 13

February 13th: Austin Aries is reportidley livid that Ricky Reyes cost him the chance to become the first ever ROH Triple Crown Champion. The issue between the Rottweilers and Generation Next really heated up this past weekend, with the attack on Sydal and Aries by the Rottweilers, as well as the brutal match between Low Ki and Roderick Strong. With Aries and Strong facing Matt Sydal and AJ Styles on 2/25 at the fourth Anniversary show, will Generation Next be divided as they enter this war with the Rottweilers?

Februarry 13th: After scoring a win over Roderick Strong on 2/11, Low Ki has issued a challenge to ROH World champion Bryan Danielson. Strong is in line for a world title shot, and Low Ki believes that his victory over Strong proves he is deserving of a title shot as well. Low Ki and Danielson are scheduled to meet in a rematch of their classic “The Era of Honor begins” triple threat match at ROH’s 100th show. However that match is scheduled to be a non title match. Will Low Ki be granted a title shot by Danielson?

February 13th: Speaking of Bryan Danielson, ROH Officials are concerned that Danielson may be making the same mistake Austin Aries did when he was ROH World Champion, in taking on too heavy of a schedule. With title shots lined up against Rave, Shelley, Strong, Storm and possibly Abyss and Low Ki, Danielson may be wearing himself a bit too thin.

February 13th: Jay Lethal is reportedly disgusted with his poor showing against Danielson during our 2/11 show. Lethal was completely dominated by the champion, even falling prey to a head drop variant of his own finisher. Lethal had been on a hot win streak in recent months, but with a recent loss to Jimmy Yang, and this heavy loss to Danielson, Lethal believes that he may have to make some adjustments to his style, if he wants to gain wins over the bigger names on the ROH roster. He has promised to train hard, and will be aiming for a clean win over Samoa Joe on 2/25 to prove he really does belong on top of the card.

February 13th: ROH officials have been looking for comments from Claudio Castagnoli, regarding his 2/11 match with Samoa Joe. Claudio took an incredible beating, but proved his strength, by fighting back, despite heavy blood loss. It is still unknown where Claudio stands in regards to the ROH-CZW issue, and that is worrying ROH officials, due to the fact that Claudio has an ROH pure title shot on 2/25 against Nigel McGuinness.

February 13th: Things are very on edge here in Ring of Honor recently. The issues between various members of the roster have been growing very personal. The Homicide-Colt Cabana feud looks to be back on after their tag match on Tuesday. Jay Lethal and Samoa Joe are preparing for another match on 2/25. Bryan Danielson seems to have made an enemy out of the Embassy. Generation Next and the Rottweilers are at each others throats. Not only that, but some of ROH’s top factions are showing signs of wear and tear. Both the Embassy and Generation Next have recently shown signs of inner turmoil.

With the ROH roster so divided, Commisioner Jim Cornette Is worried, as ROH needs unity, ahead of the upcoming confrontation with CZW.

February 13th: In Chris Hero’s latest live journal, he made some claims that members of the CZW Roster might try to invade ROH’s Fourth Anniversary show. This would be the ultimate act of disrespect. Will CZW show up on 2/25? And will the splintered ROH roster be able to deal with them? The card for 2/25 is beginning to take shape, with the following matches already announced.

ROH World Title Match

Bryan Danielson Vs Alex Shelley.

ROH Pure Title Match

Nigel McGuiness Vs Claudio Castagnoli.

ROH Tag team Titles

Austin Aries and Roderick Strong Vs Matt Sydal and AJ Styles

Fight With Out Honor

Jay Lethal Vs Samoa Joe

We will have more matches announced in the coming days, this show is shaping up to be fantastic. Tickets are still available from ROHwrestling.com

February 13th: After the huge announcement of Akira Taue in an ROH ring last week, ROH still has three large negotiations to finalise and announce in the coming days. We promise these three will blow you away.

The winner of ROH pick ums for 2/11 is MGW, with a score of 34, I made a mistake and said there was 7 matches, when there were really 8, so any one who gave scores out of 7 was given an extra point on all the ones they got right. MGW wins though, congrats

Edited by Hayhay17

ROH Newswire for February 15th

February 15th: ROH Officials are proud to announce the result of the first of our three major negotiations. The main event of 3/11 has been signed. It will see a CZW Vs ROH tag team match, pitting dream partners Bryan Danielson and Samoa Joe against the CZW team of Chris Hero and Super Dragon. This is bound to be a very heated match, with all that has happened between Hero and Danielson. Joe also has issues with Hero, who has been boasting about his past victories over Joe in his live journal.

February 15th: The result of our second big negotiation can also be announced today. On April the 28 and 29th, ROH will return to Ohio for a double shot weekend. This weekend will be a two night invitational 16 man tournament called the Eddy Geurrero Memorial Cup. Eddy is one of the men who got ROH off on the right foot, and his contribution to Independent Wrestling is well remembered. As such this tournament will feature loads of big independent names, as well as up and comers. Already announced for the tournament are the following ROH wrestlers: Low Ki, Samoa Joe, Alex Shelley and Roderick Strong. We will have more names announced for the tournament in upcoming Newswires. We can however reveal that a big name international star will be participating in the tournament, one who worked with Eddy in the past. All proceeds from this tournament will be donated to the Geurrero family. ROH wishes to honor Eddys memory, not exploit it for profit.

February 15th: Adam Pearce has officially joined Lacey’s Angels, replacing BJ Whitmer. Lacey has promised that Whitmer will pay for walking out on her and her stable. Whitmer has told her to bring it on, as he isn’t afraid of Jacobs or Pearce.

February 15th: Two more matches have been announced for the Fourth Anniversary show on 2/25. The first will see Jimmy Rave take on Christopher Daniels. Rave is looking to prove himself ahead of his up coming match with Danielson, and a win over Daniels would be a good way to do it. The second match is a hard hitting encounter between Low Ki and BJ Whitmer. Whitmer wants to prove he can be a success in singles competition, and wants to be booked against the big names of ROH. His eventual goal is a match with Christopher Daniels, who he still resents for “abandoning” him

February 15th: Another match has been signed for 3/11. It will see a Rottweilers Vs Generation Next confrontation, as Jack Evans and Matt Sydal take on Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero.

February 15th: Speaking of the Rottweilers, Homicide has requested one final singles match against Colt Cabana, to finally settle the issue between the two of them. His request has been granted, after ROH officials checked it with Cabana. Cabana wants his revenge on Homicide for all Homicide has put him through, including a recent humiliating loss to Chad Collyer. As such these two will finish their feud on 3/25 in a steel cage match when ROH returns to Manhattan. Homicide has been ordered by ROH Officials to take time off until then to fully heal up his shoulder injury. The feeling amongst ROH officials is that in his current state, Homicide is only causing harm to the ROH roster, and risking further injury by competing. He should be nicely rested on 3/25 and following the match, ROH officials want him to take more time off and finally get the shoulder surgery he needs, so he can come back and be an active member of the ROH roster in the latter half of 2006. Homicide is reluctant to take time off, however ROH officials are working on a way to convince him.

Edited by Hayhay17

Taken from ROHVideos.com

The screen fades in from black, to reveal Alex Shelley sitting all by himself in an empty room. He is looking at the camera, and is holding a promo sheet for the Fourth Anniversary show in his hand.

Shelley: Four years, Four years of Ring of Honor. This anniversary show, I see it as a time to look back over all the things we’ve accomplished as a company. A time to reflect on all that we have built. Now when I look back at the majority of my time in Ring of Honor, I can’t help but feel a little saddened. Saddened that I wasted all my time trying to impress people, trying to earn the respect or forgiveness of people who wouldn’t give me the time of day. Now I’ve had some great success in Ring of Honor, I helped this company through some very hard times, and while I didn’t always get the credit I deserved I did get one thing: I got noticed.

Shelley is grinning now, as the camera pans out to reveal his in sitting in a presidential palace in Ghana, West Africa. We can see he is there thanks to the royal decorations and fancy furniture.

Shelley: Yes indeed, You could say I’ve made it as a pro wrestler. I owe a lot to the embassy, and so when they hear I have a title shot on February 11th, they are inclined to think I’m doing it for them. They think I want to bring the ROH world title to the embassy, as thanks for all they have done for me. Well that’s not the reason I’m after the title.

Shelley sniffs, readying himself to talk again.

Shelley: No, the reason I want that world title is very simple: I deserve it. I’m one of the best all round wrestlers in the world. But that fact isn’t enough to get me the ROH World title. The fact I’d be the best and most dominate champion in ring of Honor history isn’t enough to get me the Ring of Honor World Title. To become the champion, I have to beat Bryan Danielson. I have to beat the man who claims to be the best pro wrestler walking the face of the earth today. I have to beat a man many are calling the best champion Ring of Honor has had its in illustrious four year history.

Shelley smiles know

Shelley: And you know what? I know I can do it. I know I can beat Bryan Danielson. I’ve got the talent, I’ve got the skill. And not only that: But I have the move to put him away. Call it the Shinranui, call it the Sliced Bread Number two, call it a rope walk back flip ace crusher. What ever you want to call it, it’s still my ticket to ROH Gold. It’s still Bryan Danielson’s kryptonite. But that move is only what I’m going to beat him with, it’s not the reason I’m going to win. What is that reason you ask? Let me show you…

A clip of Danielson walking out the door after loosing to Austin Aries at Nowhere To Run plays. Danielson turns to the camera and says

“After not winning the ROH World Title tonight, everything I’ve done up until this point means nothing, I quit”

Then he walks out the door

We cut back to Shelley who is grinning again

Shelley: Two simple words: I Quit. Danielson couldn’t beat Aries, so he quit ROH and wouldn’t come back till they gave him another title shot. He walked away from a promotion that values fighting spirit. Now I lost to Aries too, and I’m not ashamed to admit it, I blew my last shot at the ROH World Title. But you know the difference between him and me? I was at the next show. I was there again, looking to work my way back up and earn another shot: And now I have. And its because I WILL NEVER QUIT. Aries turned on me, I didn’t quit, Strong put me in hospital, and I didn’t quit. They kicked my ass in a steel cage, and I still didn’t quit. Because I WILL NEVER QUIT. Oh and Bryan if you hadn’t noticed, both your big scary finishing moves? They rely on the other guy to give up, to tap out, to quit like you did. Well there is no way in hell I’m quitting on 2/25. See once you see that I’m not going to quit, your gonna be all out of options. Where as if by some fluke you manage to kick out of my new move, well I’ve still got the border city stretch, and as you showed everyone at Nowhere To Run, you just love to quit.

Shelley smiles again

Shelley: Danielson, on 2/25 we celebrate the beginning of the 5th year of Ring of Honor, we celebrate a new dawn for Ring of Honor. And we will celebrate the crowning of the 8th Ring of Honor World Champion. That is: If you’re picking up what I’m laying down.

Shelley smirks as the promo ends and we fade to black.

• 6 months later...

I really like this diary, it's great. You use Danielson really good, and on the first show you used his proper quotes, such as "I have till 5 referee". Awesomeness. You get him over very well, and I can't wait for the next show. The promo with Cornette at the beginning was so in-character! Awesomeness! Good luck.