1999: WCW buy out WWF (AKA Human race being punished for their sins)

Guest Oscy

Horace Hogan Admits Drug Addiciton

IPB Image

Horace Hogan has been sent to rehab after admitting a drug addiction. No real details have been given pubicly, other than that he still remains on contract with WCW at this time.

Saturday Shotgun News

A video hyping 1996 Olympic gold medallist Kurt Angle's debut was shown during Shotgun, it was more well recieved then expected. The debut of the man tipped for big things already is hotly anticipated. Angle himself says "I can't wait to start" as he's been getting nothing but positive comments on his dark matches.

IPB Image

Monday Nitro

13th December 1999

A video recapping what happened at the end of Thursday Thunder is shown, then WCW Monday Nitro begins.

Tony: "Welcome WCW fans to Monday Nitro. Tony Schiavone here alongside Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan and tonight I think we're going to see some big things happen."

Brain: "Big things happened last Thursday, Tony. The Undertaker and his two buddies were the big things. But also this is the final week until Starrcade arrives, the atmosphere is getting more and more intense as we get so much closer to the big one."

The American Badasses

'Highway To Hell' begins and the crowd cheer for the Undertaker, Brian Adams and Brian Lee as they come out.

Brain: "Here's the big men. Undertaker mean as ever, I wouldn't like to bump into these guys down a dark alley."

Tony: "It looks like they've got something to say. They're Bischoff's 'bodyguards', but perhaps they have other agendas themselves."

They stand in the ring and Undertaker has the mic.

Undertaker: "Wolfpac...last Thursday, you tried to push around the little man. You think you're all big men for taking out the weaker...for ambushing the ones you know you can't take one-on-one. Well now, that changes..."

The crowd start an 'Un-der-ta-ker' chant.

Undertaker: "This is my yard now and myself...Brian Adams...and Dozer here, we're the big dogs that run this yard."

Wolfpac's music begins and Nash, Hall and Luger come out but stay on the ramp.

Nash: "Ohhh...oh I see, you think you're the man now? Well this right here..." *holds up belt* "...this the World Championship, and I'm the World Champion. That makes me The Man. And that's a title, you'll never be getting. Not Sting, not you, nobody."

Undertaker: "Well tonight, it's my guys against your guys in a tag team match. Now I'm going to be there, accompanying Adams and Dozer. If you think you're 'the man'...then I'll see you out there..."

Brain: "Kevin Nash doesn't need this, he's got much bigger business to think about."

Tony: "Well Brain, I guess we're having a bit of a diversion. These two groups have problems now, I think they want to sort them out."

Brain: "Well Nash better not forget where his priorities lie. He's got to be in prime condition for Starrcade, he can't take his mind off Sting"

Edge and Christian V The Headbangers

Edge and Christian get quite a pop from the crowd as they make their entrance.

Christian starts against Mosh, mostly showboating moves and then posing. Mosh takes advantage of his arrogance and slams him while his guard's down. He stomps and chokes him at the turnbuckle, then tags in Thrasher: Double clothesline and then a double leg drop. Christian fights back and Thrasher gets whipped into his opponent's corner. A tag to Edge is followed by a double flapjack. Edge whips Thrasher into the ropes, Thrasher slides out of the ring using the momentum.

The crow boo until Edge baseball slides into his face. Christian and Mosh start getting involved. Edge throws Thrasher in the ring, but Mosh cuts Edge off and throws him into the steps.

But Christian is in the ring and delivers the Unprettier! Mosh gets in and attacks Christian, but Edge manages to get in the ring. He waits for Mosh, who turns around and gets a spear! Edge covers Thrasher: 1-2-no! The crowd start chanting 'Goooooldberg', Edge lifts Thrasher up as if he's about to land a powerbomb, but Christian is up top and missile dropkicks Thrasher in the face, which cause him to drop and Edge keeps the legs held up: 1-2-3!

Edge and Christian win their first WCW match.

Brain: "That was good teamwork, but I don't think it'll be enough to beat the Acolytes."

Tony: "Teamwork is an important part of wrestling, Brain. I think it'll work out for them."

Brain: "Tony, are you telling me what wrestling's about? Me?"

Interview with Flair

Mean Gene Okerlund: "Tonight Ric Flair, you're up against Bret Hart. But last week we saw you and Randy Savage saving Sting from an attack by the Wolfpac..."

Ric: "That's right Mean Gene, Sting is a great guy, he's one hell of a wrestler, and he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders. Now I'm no fan of Eric Bischoff, but there is no way, NO WAY, I'm gonna sit back and let Kevin Nash be the owner of the Nature Boy's contract! The Macho Man thinks the same, and I'm willing to bet every guy out there thinks the same. And when you're on the same wavelength as the Nature Boy, that's the only place to be!"

Gene: "Well your thoughts may be on the main event at Starrcade, but what about your thoughts on tonight, as I said you're against Bret Hart"

Ric: "Hey Bret Hart is one of the greatest wrestlers, I'll admit he's a top guy in the ring and out of it...but he ain't a kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin', stylin' and profilin' son of a gun like the NATURE. BOY. RIC. FLAIR. WOOOOO!"

Booker T V Prince Albert w/ Droz

Booker T tries some chops to start off, but Albert just stands there not feeling a thing. Booker bounces off the ropes but Albert just gives him a huge clothesline and the Book goes down. Albert lifts him up and throws him out of the ring, where Droz puts the boots to him and whips him into the guard rail. Droz throws him back into the ring and Albert whips him into the ropes, but Booker ducks the right hand and tries a high kick to Albert's face. Albert staggers back, Booker runs into the ropes and bounces back with another high kick. Booker goes one more time but gets stopped by a big foot from Albert.

Albert shakes off the kicks to his head and stomps on Booker as he gets up, then copies Booker by bouncing off the ropes but stop into a walk, and gives a huge kick straight into the groin of Booker, the impact not going well with the crowd. The ref stops being distracted by Droz as Albert delivers the Puke Drop and gets another win.

Earthquake V David Taylor

Taylor loses in no time as Earthquake does the obligatory big-man-squashes-opponent moves, like whipping him into the turnbuckle then running into him. Earthquake wins with the big splash. As the referee raises his arm, Albert comes out with Droz and big foot's him in the face. He whips him into the turnbuckle, goes to the opposite corner, and charges into him.

He Puke Bomb's Taylor as he gets up then raises his arms in victory as the crowd boo.

Tony: "Why did he do that??"

Brain: "Perhaps he's bored! He's been kicking everybody's butt since his first match."

Albert gets surprise attacked as Earthquake clotheslines him on the back of the head, sending him over the ropes.

Tony: "He didn't do enough to take out 'Quake!"

Albert walks off angrily after saying something to Earthquake.

Hall and Luger get ready

Luger is shown doing some chin-ups, Scott Hall interrupts and says they need to think up a game plan. Luger says they don't need one and continues working out and Hall just watches, chewing on a pick.

Bret Hart V Ric Flair

Ric starts off by getting the crowd going, then locks up with Hart and gets him in a headlock. The two exchange locks and grapples until Flair pushes him into the corner and delivers a chop, then another, then whips Bret into the other corner. He runs but Hart gets his foot up, then chops back. He takes Flair's arm and puts it behind his back into a hold. Flair struggles, then at the right moment, kicks back and up into Hart's groin. Ric bounces off the ropes but gets a dropkick in the face, both men go down.

Goldberg's running to the ring! Bret quickly rolls out as Goldberg slides in. Goldberg growls and tells Bret to get in the ring, but Bret slowly walks backwards up the ramp. Goldberg gets out and runs after him, Bret gets counted to 10. Flair wins!

Tony: "I guess Bret didn't want too much of him."

Brain: "He made a wise move. Goldberg had no business out here, but I suppose it's better to be counted out of this match, then risk injuring your opponent before your match at the biggest event of all time."

Tony: "What are you talking about? He ran because he didn't want Goldberg to spear him, he didn't want to put up a fight."

Brain: "Believe what you want Tony, I personally think Bret wanted to wait till Starrcade to dish out the punishment."

Brian Adams and Dozer w/ Undertaker V Scott Hall and Lex Luger w/ Kevin Nash

Tony: "Kevin Nash is here, Undertaker's waiting for him."

Brain: "Perhaps we're gonna see something break out outside of the ring. We could get two matches for the price of one!"

Luger and Adams start off, Taker and Nash are on opposite sides outside the ring. Adams starts off well but Luger gains control with some punches and then LIFTS him up and slams him down. He tags to Hall and holds him up for Scott to slap and punch. Hall whips him but Adams just barges into him on the rebound and quickly tags Dozer. The two punch the hell out of Hall and Dozer gives Hall a big foot. Dozer waits for Hall to get up but Nash grabs his leg and Hall dropkicks. Undertaker strides around the ring and the crowd start cheering.

Nash motions to him to 'come on', Undertaker stands there staring him down as the in-ring action continues. The crowd start cheering more as Undertaker walks up to Nash, but it isn't because of that, it's because Sting is running down the ramp with a bat and jumps Kevin Nash!

Sting kicks at Nash as he's down then Undertaker grabs his bat and Sting turns around expecting a swerve(!) Taker clobbers Nash with the bat himself and throws it back to Sting, but in the ring Hall lands the Razor's Edge and grabs a handful of tights to get the pin on Brian Adams. Luger is still recovering, Hall turns around to see the Nash-Sting clash, but before he can do anything Diamond Dallas Page darts into the ring and lands a Diamond Cutter on Hall! He grabs Hall's US belt and points saying something to the fallen man.

Luger's up and goes to attack DDP, but the Undertaker spins him around and grabs him, landing a big Chokeslam!

Taker's music starts and the crowd are going crazy once again.

Tony: "The momentum is against the Wolfpac, Bobby!"

Brain: "You keep saying that Tony, but the fact remains that Nash, Hall and Luger keep winning their matches. And that's what counts. Who cares what happens outside the match, winning the match gets you the result, and will get Nash WCW ownership."

Tony: "Well maybe you're right, but I think Sting can get the win at Starrcade"

Brain: "Of course I'm right, I'm always right. It looks like DDP wants Hall's US belt too."

Tony: "I'm presuming a match will be made for Starrcade for that by Bischoff, and it could set the tone for the main event."

Brain: "At the end of the night, both sides will want control of both the US belt and World belt. If the match is made, DDP or Hall have gotta win."

Tony: "Join us on Thursday Thunder, the last show before Starrcade!"

Match Results

Edge & Christian def. The Headbangers

Prince Albert def. Booker T

Earthquake def. David Taylor

Ric Flair def. Bret Hart via count-out

US champion Scott Hall and Lex Luger def. Brian Adams and Dozer

Edited by Oscy

More Starrcade Matches Confirmed

WCW.com have confirmed several more matches that were hinted at yesterday on Monday Nitro:

Scott Hall © V Diamond Dallas Page for the US title

Albert V Earthquake

and a multi-man Cruiserweight title match. How many particapants there will be and the stipulations have not been revealed yet.

Also, WCW.com say there will be an announcement by Eric Bischoff on Thursday Thunder, where he'll be adding another match to the Starrcade card.

Starrcade can be seen on Pay-Per-View on the 19th December.

• 11 months later...