EAST WING: SEANDMAN VS RATED R SUPERSTAR

SeanDMan versus Rated R Superstar

Story: A record company has been searching for freelance designers to submit their ideas for the jewel case cover to one of their top bands latest CD releases. This does not include the back or spine-- only the front. Based on the design of the front, they will pick the top designs and ask the artists to submit the full design to them for the decision.

Basic Rules: Design the front jewel case cover for an upcoming album from a band, or if you can't find any that you like, your favorite album from a band. Only the front, though... we'll take baby steps for the first round.

Restrictions: Has to include the name of the band and the name of the album somewhere. Including the logo of the recording company is optional.

Size: 550x550

Deadline: Sunday, March 26th

SEANDMAN

-------------

Pros: Nice placement, love the logo and the whole idea behind the cover... really fits the title well.

Cons: The quality of the picture/the small glow on it really bring the primary cut down. I'd have liked to have seen the 'radiohead' text either brought down just a little bit more from 'INSIDE MY HEAD' so that it didn't look like it was being overlapped. Also, the images used throughout the top are blended in a poor way... it just looks bad for some reason.

RATED R SUPERSTAR

-------------

Pros: I'm liking the whole feel of this cover... it's simple, yet it's effective. The whole cover fits the title AND the name of the band, the tree adds a pleasant eye-catching feature to the cover, as it off-sets the light and calm pinks and whites in a good way. I also like the 'Autumn' text and effect on it.

Cons: I do not, however, like 'The White Stripes' text... the pink is much too strong on the bottom in comparison to the Autumn pink, and the font would have been better had it been the same as the Autumn font... rather than the different font you picked. The border was unneccesary as well considering the front would transition over to the other sides... I'm not so much marking you down for that as I am just pointing it out.

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

SeanDMan's had a very nice idea which was brought forth in an average manner-- it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. The quality of the images used, and the quality of the primary cut's edges, are what really brought this down for him. I'd have made the primary cut smoother, and maybe chosen a completely different way to blend those images around the man's head into the background. It just seems too cluttered with what he's done.

Rated R Superstar's had a nice, simply idea that was surprisingly pulled off well. The only features bringing this one down is that the font selected for the White Stripes could have been better. Everything just really looks nice all together.

I'm giving this one to Rated R Superstar, his seems to work better for a cover. Sean's was nice, it's just that the image quality was poor and that really brought it down. I mean, I really loved the area around the 'INSIDE MY HEAD' text... that looked great, but continuing up the cover it just didn't look all that great anymore.

Thank you both for participating, and congratulations go out to Rated R Superstar for advancing! Come again next time Sean, you did good :)