LIVID VS CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER

Livid versus ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Story: A company is looking for billboard designers in your area to create a billboard design either promoting their company, an idea it supports, or an event being held by them. Not only do they want to see your proposed design, but they also want to see what it would look like on a billboard *before* it goes up on one!

Basic Rules: Create a billboard design for a company, an idea (pro-life/abortion, equal rights, etc.), or an event (circus, fund raiser, etc.). Then, take your design and find a picture of an actual billboard. Using that billboard, replace the design already on it with your own in as realistic a fashion as you can.

Restrictions: Make it clear what your billboard is stating: if it's a company, include their name, address, and a phone number to reach them by. If it's an event, include it's name, date, ticket pricing(if any) and where it's held. If it's an idea, you don't have to *say* what the idea is, but you should make it apparent as to what it represents.

Size: Billboard design should be 900x500. There is no size limit to the billboard you place your design on, so long as it isn't smaller than 500x300

Deadline: Tuesday, April 11th

• 3 weeks later...

ALLDAWSON'S JUDGING

LIVID vs CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER:

LIVID

-------------

Pros: ...

Cons: ...

CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER

-------------

Pros: Good manip onto actual billboard. I like the font chosen. Blue bars are simple but they work. Layout isn't too bad. Cuts aren't too shabby.

Cons: Placement of face in background is off, I think it would look better in the middle of the left models and the right one.

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

Nothing spectacularly wrong with CSAMH's, it's a nice simple design that works well as a billboard as seen by the manip. There's not anything graphically fantastic but it's not bad, it has a few good features and I think it came together well. CSAMH by default.

WILDCAT'S JUDGING

LIVID VS CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER

LIVID

PROS: none

CONS: none

CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER

PROS: The text is good and the overall placement is nice for whats used.

CONS: The girl in the background and the main cut on the right are good but the two on the left don't really go together well with the graphic as the lighting, colors and styles clash.

Judgement: CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER by DQ.

MY JUDGING

LIVID

-------------

Pros: ...

Cons: You didn't post anything, I'd say that was a pretty big con :P

CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER

-------------

Pros: With the initial design, it's so simple in it's design yet is pulled off so brilliantly that it just screams 'billboard' at you. The text placement is nice, easy to read... and I'm loving the way you handled the cuts here-- their placement was nice as well. With your placement on the billboard itself, it looks pitch-perfect. Great job manipulating it on there.

Cons: The girl in the background seems a bit out of place with the way you've positioned her... maybe center her between the woman on the right and the girls on the left?

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

Hamster's works brilliantly as a billboard, as shown by the way he added it to the image of one. Professionally, this design would get a thumbs up in my opinion.

Livid's... was nonexistant :P

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster advances on to the east wing semifinals by default!

Edited by The Mask of Norro