Ted Turner's Return

Toe

Lol I've gotta admit, the Kevin Nash signing is ratings. You could just advertise the flyers for the show with...Kevin Nash...former World Champion, former bodyguard of HBK, nWo founding member and the giant with sensitive nipples in the Longest Yard. Thats ratings! Series Money in the Bank!

Disco Inferno is great! Keep an eye out for Norman Smiley. I mean, if he even has an open contract, you could get him to dance again..you know everyone in the world marks out for the big wiggle. Try looking for some of the lucha libres that WCW brought in during their time of change. Most of them are with WWE now granted but you probably get Kidman and La Parka.

Im really getting into this I was gonna suggest the cat then you signed them another piece of advice (only beause i find it humourous) is to sing Juve and Kayon and team them as Fruit Juice Fruit Juice=Ratings

P.s I mark for the cat

Im the Greatest

Another thing id like to see is some of the Natural Born Thrillers signing up especially Sanders (who i also frequently mark for) and O'Haire and Palumbo!!!

Edited by Gareth7

WWCW.com

News / May 5th 2006

The final match for WWCW's debut show, "THE NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS" on May 14th has been added to the card! And what a match it is!

Three new wrestlers have signed on to WWCW to show that cruiserweights can do in the squared circle. Former WCW Cruiserweight Champions each of them, Sean Waltmann (formerly X-Pac and Syxx) will face off with Peter Gruner (formerly Billy Kidman) and Jimmy Yang in a triple threat match! All three are known to be great competitors in the ring, so everyone who tunes in will be in for one hell of a show!

Awesome stuff - highly superior to the other "new big-money promotion" diaries floating around here. Glad to see that you haven't included the massive WWE and TNA roster cuts you get at the start of the game, opting for a more realistic approach.

Now here's hoping for a Lesnar/Goldberg feud to settle the score from WMXX.

WWE.com

May 8th, 2006

IPB Image

WWE Managment and Terry Bollea (AKA Hulk Hogan) have come to an agreement on a release, with WWE retaining the rights to use Terry's likeness in video and merchandising. World Wrestling Entertainment wishes Terry the best of luck in any future endeveours.

Who?

I'm sorry that I haven't gotten to this, considering my quick start. I am debating how to write up the matches and all that jazz since I've decided I've done enough to build towards the first show - at least to you guys.

“THE NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS”

May 14th, 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia

Announcers - Tony Schiavone and Diamond Dallas Page, Tony Chimel (Ring Announcer)

The PPV starts with a video package, showing old black and white footage of wrestling from the 1920’s, to the golden years of the 1950’s, to the present day with Goldberg and Kevin Nash each tossing around people in a ring. The video ends, with the text “WWCW, The Future Of Wrestling” showing. The camera pans out from the screen and we see the set, which is eerily reminiscent of WCW’s old PPV sets from 2000. Large amounts of fireworks sprout up from the stage as generic rock music plays. The camera then shifts to show us Tony and DDP at ringside.

Schiavone: Welcome to WWCW Wrestling! This is a historic night in professional wrestling, one that millions of fans cannot wait to see! Professional wrestling restored to its historic roots. I’m Tony Schiavone, and with me is former World Champion Diamond Dallas Page!

DDP: Thanks Tony, what a great night this is gonna be! World Wide Championship Wrestling is going to make an impact tonight! WWCW is not just some little show out of a bingo hall, Tony. This is the big time.

Schiavone: You got that right, Dallas. We have cruiserweight action, tag team action, and we have an amazing main event for you! Two former World Champions, two people who honestly don’t like each other very much, going head to head. Bill Goldberg and Kevin Nash will be going one on one.

DDP: I know both of these guys, Tony. There is no love lost between these two! I don’t know if the ring will be able to contain these two!

Schiavone: You may be right about that. But first, we have the very first WWCW match for you, and it is a good one. Sean Waltmann, Jimmy Yang and Peter Gruner will be going toe-to-toe in a triangle match!

DDP: All three are former cruiserweight champs, Tony. Expect this one to go the distance.

JIMMY YANG vs. PETER GRUNER vs. SEAN WALTMANN

Yang comes out first, looking like a normal (bland) cruiserweight. Next up is Peter Gruner, sporting the white tank top and long hair of old. He is obviously going for his old WCW Kidman feel. Waltmann comes out last, and immediately starts up his old routine. Idiotic look on his face, some crotch chops, jawing at some of the fans. All three men are in the ring, and we are ready to go.

The first minutes see Yang and Gruner team up on the heel, taking turns hitting moves. And like in any good cruiserweight three way, you get the old “I pin, you pull me off, we fight” routine. As Gruner and Yang brawl to the outside, Waltmann looks as if he is going to dive to the outside and take them both out. But to the disdain of the fans, Waltmann thinks twice and instead props himself up in the corner, HBK style and looks to be taking a nap.

Yang lays out Gruner with a dropkick, and then slides into the ring. He smashed Waltmann out of the corner running knee lift. Waltmann and Yang then go through some classic cruiserweight trade-offs, with both men stopping. But instead of the clapping they would get from the segment, Waltmann receives a missile dropkick from Gruner! Waltmann goes tumbling into Yang like a bowling ball, and Yang is sent to the outside. Gruner targets Waltmann, who is still in the ring, hitting some of his offensive moves like the sit-out power bomb and Kid Krusher. Gruner pins, but Yang breaks it up. Waltmann rolls out of the ring to recover while Yang opens up on Gruner with some sharp kicks.

Yang then goes through the motions, hitting spot after spot on Gruner. But, just like old times, Gruner continues to kick out at 2 and ¾. Gruner eventually reverses a power bomb attempt into a face crusher, and goes up top. He hit’s the Shooting Star Press, but Waltmann is in the ring! Waltmann rolls up Gruner, and pulls the tights to get the three count.

Waltmann rolls out immediately, and makes his way up the ramp as Gruner stares at him from the ring. Waltmann sticks his tongue out and gives him a crotch chop before going into the back.

WINNER - Sean Waltmann

Schiavone: I can’t believe Waltmann would spoil such a great match with cheating!

DDP: A lot of guys do anything to win, Tony. Waltmann has always been a no-good cheater, and Gruner should have planned for that.

Schiavone: I don’t think this loss will sit well with Peter, he had the match wrapped up. We now have Kevin Nash in the back with our WWCW Interviewer, Christy Hemme!

INTERVIEW WITH KEVIN NASH

Hemme: Thanks Tony! I’m Christy Hemme, and I’m here with former World Champion Kevin Nash. Kevin, you face Bill Goldber-

Christy lets out a yell as Kevin grabs the microphone from her hands.

Nash: I can do my own interview, sugar. Get lost.

He stares at Christy as she runs away, obviously intimidated by the 6 ft 9 Nash. Nash then looks into the camera, a smirk on his face.

Nash: Hey Goldberg. Tonight, it’s me and you, face to face. It’s been along time since I beat your ass, Goldie. You may think that you have the run of the place here, but guess what? WWCW is my playground, and your just one of the toys. Tonight, I take my first step to becoming the first WWCW World Champion by Jack-Knifing your sorry ass right in the middle of the ring. And you know what, Goldie? There isn’t anything you can do about it.

Nash drops the microphone onto the ground, and we are sent back to Tony and DDP.

DDP: Kevin Nash has always been arrogant.

Schiavone: I wonder if Goldberg saw that.

DDP: If he did, I don’t think there will be anything left of Nash after tonight!

Schiavone: Up next we have the “Battle Of The Dancin’ Fools”, as Glen “Disco” Gilberti squares off against Ernest “The Cat” Miller. Are you a dancing man, DDP?

DDP: I’m as nimble as a brick, Tony. It's why my wife left me. Let’s leave it at that.

ERNEST MILLER vs. GLEN GILBERTI

Ernest Miller comes out in his leopard print jacket and black sunglasses, moving his feet to some James Brown-ish music. Of course, he is not getting love from the fans, but a few of them are grooving out with him. He goes to hand his glasses to a fan, but yanks them away before yelling “I’m the greatest!” at the now crying plant. Miller grabs the microphone before Chimel can announce Gilberti.

Miller: Gimme dat mic, fatty! Now, you all know who I am! I’m da greatest! Not only can I whoop ass in this ring, but I can whoop ass on the dance floor as well! Now, hit my music!

Miller starts to dance in the ring, but his dancing looks more like spasms. The crowds cheer as Gilberti’s disco-ish music plays. He claps the fans hands, obviously playing the face. He does a little bit of disco for the fans before entering the ring. Miller cheap shots him though.

Gilberti and Miller brawl, exchanging chops in the corners. Miller comes out ahead, and throws Gilberti into the ropes before connecting with a roundhouse. Miller then locks in the dreaded HEADLOCK~!. This doesn’t last long, as Miller stands Gilberti up and starts to use some martial arts based offence.

Gilberti mounts a comeback, ducking under a martial arts chop and kicking Miller in the gut. This all leads to Gilberti hitted a very nice looking piledriver. He pins for a 2. After a headlock, and then some brawling, Gilberti moves this to the outside. Miller reverses a whip into the guardrail, where a “Cat” fan shouts “Disco’s dead!”. Getting back into the ring, Miller looks to be setting up for the finishing kick when out of nowhere…..KICK! WHAM! Chart Buster! Gilberti picks up the three count.

WINNER - Glen Gilberti

Gilberti is excited, and as his music plays he starts to dance, much to the delight of the fans. However, Miller had not been idle. Now entering the ring with a chair, he smacks Gilberti up the head it. As Miller’s music now plays, Ernest Miller leaves Gilberti laying in the ring.

Schiavone: Gilberti got the impressive win, but Miller was not happy about that one!

DDP: I think “The Cat” just wanted to hear his music play again. He’s not a bad dancer, Tony. Better then you are, at least!

Schiavone: I admit, I’m no Fred Astare. But at least I don’t smack people with a chair when they aren’t looking. What Miller did was wrong. Right now fans, we are happy to announce that WWCW’s next pay-per-view will be on June 11th, 2006. “For Honor And Glory” will bring more amazing WWCW action to you, the fans! Coming at you from American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas, “For Honor And Glory” will feature WWCW stars going at it for honor, glory, and the WWCW World Championship!

DDP: I can’t wait for it Tony. I might just leave now and head out for Dallas right now!

Schiavone: You don’t need a ticket, Page.

DDP: Oh, yeah. I forgot!

Schiavone: Now, we go a bit “old school”, as Barry Windham and Rick Steiner will go at it!

DDP: These two are going to “represent” for the old foggies like me!

BARRY WINDHAM vs. RICK STEINER

Steiner comes out with a wrestling gear on under the leather jacket, and has the fans barking with him as he comes down to the ring. Windham doesn’t get much of a reaction, but he doesn’t do much as he heads to the ring. Windham has a rope and cowbell with him, and he leaves it in the corner of the ring as the match starts.

Steiner starts the match, throwing his fists at Windham’s head. Windham is backed into the corner and eats punches, before being brought out of the corner. Steiner hits an overhead belly to belly, with Windham hitting the mat hard. Schiavone fills in the PPV audience on Windham’s NWA history just as Windham comes back stopping a back body drop attempt with a boot. Windham brawls a bit, but eventually Steiner gets the better of Windham. Windham rolls to the outside. Steiner comes out to get him, but Windham jumps him with clubbing forearms. Windham bounces Steiner off of various objects outside the ring before sending him in to the ring.

Windham looks to continue the attack, but Steiner “Hulk’s Up”, barking and no-selling punches. Steiner tackles Windham, but they both go into the referee as well. Steiner hit’s the Steiner Driver (A Death Valley Driver), but the referee is out. As Steiner goes to revive the referee, Windham gets the cowbell. Steiner turns and eats cowbell to the face! Windham wakes the referee and picks up a win. Windham leaves the ring, smile on his face and cowbell in hand.

WINNER - Barry Windham

Schiavone: Is WWCW filled with cheaters or what? Windham uses the cow bell to put an end to the match.

DDP: A lot of famous people use the cow bell you know. Bachman Turner Overdrive, War, Guns N' Roses, and now Barry Windham!

Schiavone: And now in the back, the lovely Miss Hemme is with Glen Gilberti, who obviously has something to say to Ernest Miller.

INTERVIEW WITH GLEN GILBERTI

Hemme is standing next to Gilberti, who is still in his wrestling gear. Gilberti is holding his head, obviously still feeling the effects of the steel chair to the back of his head.

Hemme: I'm here with Glen Gilberti, who earlier tonight was attacked from behind by Ernest Miller after defeating him. Why are you still in your gear?

Gilberti: I've been too busy, I've been looking for that rat Ernest Miller! That idiot must have ran away, as I can't find him anywhere!

Hemme: You said you had something to tell him?

Gilberti: Yeah. Miller, your not going to get away with what you did to me out there. Not only did that hurt like hell, but you embarrased me. So, I'm challenging you to a match at "For Honor And Glory"! You wanna use weapons? Ok, sure! You and me, HARDCORE MATCH! I'll be dancin' all over your broken body!

Gilberti storms off to continue the search, and we go back to Tony and DDP.

Schiavone: Gilberti is showing Ernest Miller that he can't get away with what he did earlier tonight!

DDP: "For Honor And Glory" is already shapin' up to be amazing! A hardcore match to crown who is the dancin' man of WWCW!

Schiavone: And up next is a treat folks! Two great wrestlers, two former rivals, Yuji Nagata and Ultimo Dragon is up next! I can't wait!

ULTIMO DRAGON vs. YUJI NAGATA

Dragon comes out to a good applause, obviously people still remember him. His entrance comes with some cool flamethrower fireworks. Nagata is less remembered, but he acts like a stuck up foreigner and gets some heat for it. Ultimo bows to Nagata, but Nagata shrugs him off.

Match starts with a battle of strength that Nagata turns into an arm bar. Dragon tries to flip out of it, but Nagata manages to keep his hold. Nagata gets Ultimo to his knees, but he works his way to his feet and gets free, firing a quick kick to Nagata's chest that sends him reeling. Some quick dropkicks and a head scissors takes the larger Nagata down, and Ultimo locks in a knee lock. He wrenches it in, but Nagata rolls out and gets to his feet quick. After a series of chops sends Nagata into the corner, Ultimo goes for a hurricanrana. Nagata reverses into a Running Liger Bomb, but only gets the two. Nagata sits up Ultimo, and plants a stiff kick into his spine. After repeating that three times, Nagata hits the ropes and drops the knee across the face of Ultimo Dragon.

After a series of different arm bars from Nagata that bring about an "Ultimo, Ultimo" chant, Ultimo predictably makes his way to his feet. He rolls out of the arm bar, and smacks Nagata with a hig dropkick. Nagata rolls to the outside to recover, but doesn't see Ultimo flying through the air with his signature Asai Moonsault.

The action goes back to the ring, with Nagata regaining command through an eye gouge. Ultimo recovers after blocking a kick, and hits the Asai DDT! He puts on the Dragon Sleeper, and Nagata taps!

WINNER - Ultimo Dragon

Schiavone: What a display of wrestling skill! Ultimo picks up the victory with the Dragon Sleeper.

DDP: That was great! Both of these men look to be top notch competitors here in WWCW.

Schiavone: Up next we have the tag te-

Schiavone listens to the news coming in through his headset from the back, slightly confused look on his face. He nods as DDP looks at him, unsure of what is going on.

Schiavone: Folks, we have a slight change to report. The team of Brian Adams and Bryan Clarke were unable to make it here, were sorry folks. Therefore, the match between Kronik and The Harris Brothers has been cancelled. It's main event time DDP!

DDP: (slightly confused) Ok. We have Bill Goldberg and Kevin Nash, two monsters entering the ring. I would think that however wins here, Tony, would be placed highly in the WWCW World Championship rankings.

Schiavone: Your right, DDP. And here we go!

MAIN EVENT

BILL GOLDBERG vs. KEVIN NASH

Nash is the first one out to the ring. He slowly saunters to the ring, cocky look on his face. He steps over the top rope and enters the ring. Then, the familiar music of Goldberg hits. The chants start immediately, and the familiar form of Goldberg can be seen in the middle of the spark shower. Goldberg enters the ring, and begins to stare down Nash, who does the same. The bell rings, and the two start to circle.

The match begins with Nash breaking the initial grapple with a thigh to Goldberg's stomach. As Goldberg teeters back, Nash hits him again. This pushes Goldberg to the corner, with Nash hitting his signature elbows, complete with his "framing" Goldberg's chin and then smack it. Goldberg doesn't fall, but stumbles out of the corner, and Nash hits him with a running boot to the face, which sends Goldberg through the ropes to the floor. Nash looks out at Goldberg before stepping over the top rope and to the floor.

Nash continues his slow, plodding offence by smacking Goldberg head first into the steel guard rail, and then the ring apron. Goldberg stops an attempted whip into the steel ring steps, but Nash knees him in the gut and sends him into the steps anyways. Nash rolls in to interrupt the count, and then comes back out as Goldberg gets to his knees. Nash slowly pulls Goldberg to the announce table, where he bounces Goldberg's head off of before yelling something inappropriate to DDP. Nash throws Goldberg into the ring, then follows.

Goldberg was ready, however, stunning Goldberg with a few punches before being taken down by a big elbow. Nash spread Goldberg's legs and delivers a stomp to, in the words of Tony Schiavone, the "lower groin area". DDP laughs at Tony Schiavone. The referees warning goes unheard as Nash continues his offence with the dreaded head lock. A Goldberg chant is heard, and as the referee drops the arm for the third time, Goldberg finds the strength to push to his knees, and then his feet. Elbow to the gut loosens the headlock. Goldberg breaks free, hits the ropes, and nails Nash with a SPEAR! Nash, being the veteran, rolls to the floor.

As Goldberg is held back by the referee, Nash is on his knees, catching his breath on the outside. Nash slowly gets to his feet, and then grabs the legs of Goldberg, dragging him to the outside. The two start exchanging punches. Goldberg gets the advantage, sending Nash into the ring. Goldberg applies a cross armbar onto the down Nash, but Nash gets the ropes. Now on there feet, Nash is sent into the ropes. Goldberg hits the "BRET HART SPECIAL" sidekick to the head, and pins for a 2.

Nash is slowly dragged to his feet, but reverses an irish whip. He smashes Goldberg with a big boot before going to his knees to catch his breath. Nash signals that he is going for the Jack-knife Powerbomb. He lifts up Goldberg, but Goldberg goes for the whip. Nash reverses, and Goldberg comes back with the SPEAR! Goldberg snaps to his feet. With the classic cut throat motion, Goldberg whips the crowd up. But what really ignites the crowd is the "OOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" that plays across the PA system!

Randy Savage runs down the aisle, chair in hand. He hits the ring, but meets fists from Goldberg. Nash is now up, and trades punches with Goldberg. WHAP! Steel chair to the head of Goldberg. The crowd is now booing, and the referee calls for the bell.

WINNER - Goldberg (DQ)

Schiavone: This is a travesty. Randy Savage and Nash are beating on Goldberg!

DDP: These two are cowards!

Goldberg manages to fight both Savage and Nash off for a minute after making it to his feet, but is slowly overwhelmed. Considering the size of the crowd (half capacity), the amount of boos are astounding. Until the familiar Hendrix guitar riff hits. The man with the feather boa and the red doo-rag runs down the ramp! IT'S HOGAN! Savage and Nash clear the ring as Hogan enters. Hogan rips off the shirt and helps Goldberg to his feet, before yelling at the two now retreating down the ramp. Savage wants to go back, but is held back by Nash.

Schiavone: IT'S HOGAN! HOGAN IS IN WWCW!

DDP: And no one ever thought they would see Hogan and Savage in a ring together! But we just saw it, even if it the time could be counted in miliseconds!

Hogan's music plays, and Goldberg and Hogan shake hands as Nash and Savage retreat to the back! Schiavone reminds everyone about "For Honor And Glory" and to check WWCW.com before signing off. The last image before the screen goes black in that of Hogan and Goldberg posing together.

Edited by desiredtoe

I sat in an empty chair in the now empty Phillips Arena as the road crew disassembled the ring. The buyrate hadn't come in yet, but the crowd that came to the show was about what I expected. I wanted to run smaller venues, but Uncle Ted insisted we went here. It was kind of a stupid move too, as it was impossible to cover up that half of the seats were empty and covered. I guess using the larger venue did make a statement, saying that we weren't afraid to go big and spend the money. Actually, signing Goldberg, Nash, Savage and Hogan would say that same thing.

I was genuinely surprised how smoothly the show went. First, we had Hogan and Savage in the same building, and the building is still standing. No one thought that would ever happen! Of course, the two didn't exchange words at all backstage and had dressing rooms on seperate ends of the building, but still. Also, Goldberg and Nash, two people known to have egos, were cooperative and great to work with. Rick Steiner was a little bit of a douche about losing to Barry Windham, but he couldn't get me to change my mind. Cause Barry Windham rocks.

The show wasn't all smooth, however. Bryan Clarke and Brian Adams no showed, and I didn't know about it until the last minute. You can blame me for not noticing till the last minute on my inexperience, I guess. I was so angry, and the Harris Brothers were too. They were going over, after all. Another problem was that, since the writers and I were so busy working on the advertising, we didn't really get to book the show until the last minute. We had to book "on the fly", and a lot of the credit for the interviews goes directly to Ted Dibiase.

Now, the show was over. Everyone was gone except for the ring crew and me. I sat and watched them take apart the ring and thought about how tomorrow, the internet is going to pick us apart.

• 10 months later...