Photoshop Help

Okay, here's the deal.

I've only just got Photoshop today. i've read loads of tutorials so far and I'm still confused.

I've downloaded some PSD cuts from digital mafia, but I can't do anything to them when I put them into Photoshop. I can't add more layers or anything.

I'm sure it's quite simple but for a beginner like me it's quite hard. Could someone just explain to me what's going on and how I can fix it.

Guest Audiobank

Actually its not quite simple, and thats a common mistake. Really you just need to play around with it and develop your on kind of style. Sure sometimes others work for you, but you really should try and develop your on and thats basically the only tips i can give...learn the effects...get some decent brushes....toy around.

I don't think he was asking for design help hes having a problem . If I understand you corectly . you can't add new layers to the psd right ?

if so try this . create a new document . now clikc on the psd and drag it into the new document you created.

Sounds like the the person that amde the psds locked the layer if thats not the case then we cna try to figure something else out

Photoshop is a beast when you first start with it but trust me it gets easier . Scour the net for all the tutorials you can find , especially tutorials that show you how the basic tools works then move up to certain effects and etc.

but when you are doing the tutorials don't just try copying the effect . actually try to learn it and then use it in other graphics (if Applicable)

if you need anymore help or anyhting man ask here or pm me and I'll be glad to help

I wouldn't even start opening PSD's yet anyhow. You are getting a bit ahead of yourself. Since you just got it, you should really just open up a new document and start experimenting with different tools that are in Photoshop to get more acquainted with it.