Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Went ALOT more into detail with this one then my Vendetta one... and I think it came out alot better too. Spent a good three hours on the design-- the part that took the longest was the credits, as I had to find a DVD design and zoom in on the credits, then manually cut them out letter-by-letter because of the background (there were NO good pictures with the credits on a black backdrop... bah). With the primary cut of Marvin, I messed around with the lighting to match the background I used... I think that came out well, too :)

I hope everyone likes it, feedback is as always highly appreciated :)

Link

HitchhikerGuide.jpg

Edited by The Mask of Norro

It looks good.

If the Credits are on a black background? you could easily set it to "Screen" for the blending. :)

Ah, just one thing that's bugging me, you should have a tagline.. Most, well, all of them do usually have a tagline.. The Best Place for the Tagline is right beside the Depressed Robot.

Other than that, it's clean, and nice. :)

Don't Panic

Don't leave Earth without it.

The most astonishing adventure in the universe begins when the world ends.

Everything you need to know about out there, is in here.

The answers to what's out there are in here.

Losing your planet isn't the end of the world.

Here, some of the taglines. :-P

Haha, you got me in advance kempay: I just added one before I even read your post.

How's it look now?

And by the way-- I basically said there was NO credits on a black background, hence me being unable to do the 'screen' trick. If I could have done that I wouldn't have spent so long cutting them out, lol.

This one is a lot better as far as poster wise than your Vendetta one, the only problem I see is that the name sort of plays a backseat in the graphic and sort of gets lost. I may look at it in the line, then forget what the title was by the time I walked away.

I agree with Biggz in how I think the title should stand out more, whether it mean being bigger or making the tagline smaller. The tagline is good but I think it may be a bit close to the credits, I'm not sure I just don't like it so close to the credits but I like it near the bottom going all the way across. Again, the cutting looks a bit iffy in places, on the robot as well as the top left logo.

Having said those negatives, though, I think it works well as a poster. I'm not sure how much you had to do to achieve the background but it looks awesome.

I agree with Biggz in how I think the title should stand out more, whether it mean being bigger or making the tagline smaller. The tagline is good but I think it may be a bit close to the credits, I'm not sure I just don't like it so close to the credits but I like it near the bottom going all the way across. Again, the cutting looks a bit iffy in places, on the robot as well as the top left logo.

Having said those negatives, though, I think it works well as a poster. I'm not sure how much you had to do to achieve the background but it looks awesome.

I went into really fine detail with the robot, so I don't know if it's so much the cutting being iffy and making it look blurred perhaps as it is the lighting itself. Like on the head for instance, I used the circle tool and kept having to retry time and time again before I finally made a perfect fit to the thing's head. That way I wouldn't have any bad edges on the round head.

Alot of my cutting I did at around 300% magnified, so as to get as close a cut as I could obtain.

With the logo though I could imagine where you'd see it-- was really hard to do anything with that, but I managed. I'm guessing you mean the dark edges in the three circles? Yeah, I'll spruce that up today and see how it looks.

I'll pick up the slogan at the bottom too just a bit from the credits. As far as the title goes though, I'm not sure how much bigger I should make it. Really, not all posters have the name as the primary focus-- that's why I wanted the robot to be, as to casual viewers that would catch your attention immediately. THEN your eyes would start to roam and you'd see the title.

But I'll try to enlarge the logo a bit, see how that goes.

Check back in the thread in a few, I'll start on all that now... should look better when I'm done, I hope :)

EDIT: There, done. Tell me what you guys think! :D

HitchhikerGuide2.jpg

Edited by The Mask of Norro