Kelly confirmed as Leicester boss

9 to 5

Leicester City have announced that Rob Kelly has been confirmed as their new manager on a permanent basis.

Kelly has impressed hugely since been given the job on a caretaker basis, following Craig Levein's departure in January.

Since Kelly's original appointment Leicester have gone on to win seven of their 12 games and that has seen them move away from the wrong end of The Championship.

Leicester have now handed Kelly a 12-month rolling contract at The Walkers Stadium.

"I am very flattered to be offered the position and delighted to accept it," said Kelly.

"I have really enjoyed my first taste of management and would like to thank the players, staff and supporters for their backing.

"We face even tougher challenges in the future but I can assure everyone associated with the club that I, my staff and the players will be doing our utmost to bring success to the club."

Meanwhile, Andrew Taylor has replaced Jim McCahill as executive chairman at the Walkers Stadium.

Well, that's gonna make one poster here happy at least. (Y)