The National Wrestling Alliance Returns

Guest SixThreeSuperman

Guest SixThreeSuperman

In May of 2006, Ric Flair approached Vince McMahon and asked for his release from World Wrestling Entertainment, telling McMahon that he was finally going to retire from active competition. McMahon, although displeased, honored the request of the wrestling legend, and Flair made his official retirement speech on the May 8th edition of RAW, in a tearful ceremony involving Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Harley Race, and a host of others.

On May 9th, Ric Flair headed back to Charlotte, where he set in motion one of the biggest plans in the history of wrestling.

The National Wrestling Alliance has a tradition spanning nearly 6 decades, but in recent times, has become a glorified independant conglomerate. Federations all over America attached the NWA name to themselves and became "member" associations in hopes that it would increase their income. Sadly, the level of wrestling just was not there.

Fast forward to July of 2006. The National Wrestling Allianced announced that Ric Flair would become the new Chairman of the organization, in hopes to retun the company to its pre-WCW stature. A memo was sent out to all 20 member organizations stating that the NWA, now under new management, would be severing ties with all of its member and associate federations, and each would recieve a buyout commensurate to their stature within the wrestling community.

Later that month, Flair held a press conference in Charlotte to sum up the future of the NWA. Although the NWA had been temporarily disbanded, he was hopeful that the new look NWA would pull in a large audience.

He announced that the NWA would no longer be a territory based alliance, but would be a stand-alone entity. Flair also made it clear that January 2007 would see the first show of the new NWA, live from Charlotte, the return of the Clash of the Champions.

However, the wrestling community was immediately confused. Isn't Christian Cage already the NWA Heavyweight Champion? How does Flair think he's going to get off the ground without a title? Is this just TNA with a new name? The NWA offices were flooded with phone calls, but one in particular got Flair's attention.

Jeff Jarrett is a former NWA Champion in his own right, and made that abundantly clear when the "Nature Boy" answered the phone. And now that TNA is coroporate-owned, he feels no need to remain loyal to the company. He convinced Flair that he should be in the loop on the ground floor of this project, and would certainly bring some TNA stars with him. Flair knew he needed some help, but was Jarrett really the man he wanted to start building around? Was he bluffing, in hopes that Flair would bite just to get screwed in the end?

The business is not new to Flair. He's been around for over 30 years. But for the first time in those 3 decades, he was unsure he would ever succeed.

Guest SixThreeSuperman

...Is this conversation really happening?

Flair: "Jeff, I understand that you feel the need to help this project, just like you did with TNA, but how can I be sure that I'm not getting screwed here? Your father is still tied to the company, and I am not sure that TNA stars will flock in record numbers like you say. It's all a bit fishy to me."

Jarrett: "I understand where you're coming from, but my father is a wrestling traditionalist just like you and I are. He knows about this phone call, and he knows what I am doing. In fact, he is willing to help you out as well. And as far as my co-workers, there are quite a few of them who would be willing to appear in the NWA, just based on the fact that it doesn't have a 6-sided ring or an X-division. I'm not the only old-school guy in the company, you know."

Flair: "Ok, here's the deal. I will sign you on. No special provisions, no title clauses, nothing. I know how you can be, and I am not backing myself into that corner. As for your father, I have nothing but respect for the work he has done, and would be glad to have him on board. I think he'll make a fine addititon. However, there's a catch."

Jarrett: "As always, Ric."

Flair: "You have to deliver me at least 3 more people. And I am not talking about Shark Boy or D-Ray 3000. Bring me the goods Jeff, and we can make this happen."

Jarrett: "I'll see what I can do. Give me a few days, and i'll call back."

Flair: "There's one more thing."

Jarrett: "And that would be...?"

Flair: "If you screw me over, I will personally end your career."

After that, Flair hung up the phone. He had to play hardball. Jarrett can be a pain in the ass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wrestling world was set on it's ear by the announcement of the NWA's return. Some wrestlers who have been in hiding came out of the woodwork looking for a spot. Flair and his crew had to be careful. They didn't want to look small time. But their hands were tied anyways until they heard from Jarrett.

Edited by SixThreeSuperman

This is definitely an interesting concept and I hope that it succeeds but my biggest question is, Why Jarrett? I know he is a well known name and that he is alright in the ring but why him, why could you have gotten someone else like Sting or something?

Guest SixThreeSuperman

It took a little longer than a few days. Jarrett called back 2 weeks later, and Flair was hoping for the best.

Flair had already hired James E. Cornette to deal with all of his talent relations issues, and Cornette had been busy. But what Flair and Jarrett were working on was the coup de grace. It was midnight, and as Flair rolled over to answer the phone, he felt a twinge of excitement, somethng he hasn't felt in a while.

Flair:"Hello?"

Jarrett: "Hey, Naitch. It's Jeff. I have some fantastic news."

Flair: "I was hoping you would say that..."

Jarrett: "I managed to get 3 guys to come with me. Just like you asked."

Flair: "Jeff, it's midnight, quit stalling and tell me already."

Jarrett: "OK, Harris and Storm agreed to work for both you and TNA for the time being. Until this project gets off the ground, you are going to have a lot of guys on Pay-Per-Appearance contracts. Chris Sabin has also agreed to do the same thing."

Flair: "Understandably, I can't sign them to written deals. We'll work on that later. Get your ass to Charlotte, we have work to do."

Jarrett: "I can be there Tuesday, I'll see you then."

Flair hung up, unsure of how well this was going to work out. We wanted to be completely autonomous from TNA, yet was borrowing their workers? He had to get some guys of his own, who would sign on the dotted line. So, at 1 AM, Ric Flair got dressed and went in to the office. He called Cornette, and they met for a quick bite to eat before heading in.

Once at the office, Flair and Cornette were busy all night long trying to get a group of guys to come on board. They made a list, did some research, and at around 6 they made phone calls.

The first guy they called was Sean O'Haire. Flair had remembered all about O'Haire, and had worked with him in both WCW and the WWE. He truly felt that he NWA could eventually be built around him. Cornette agreed, and O'Haire was delighted to get back to wrestling after a less than stellar MMA career. They faxed the paperwork, which he assured them both would be signed before the day's end.

5 phone calls later, they had faxed paperwork to Andrew "Test" Martin, Maven, Chris Kanyon, Sean Waltman, and the biggest signing yet, Jim Ross, who was recently let go by the WWE.

Things were off to a good start, but it would be a long road for the next 6 months.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on giving a month by month recap for signings and announcements, as to make up for the gap between the backstory and the first show. The backstory is quite long, but some on the fly changes were made, so please bear with me.

Guest SixThreeSuperman

August / September Recap

-The NWA announced that the return of the Clash of the Champions will be held on January 28th, 2007 live from the Cricket Center in Charlotte, NC. It will be shown live on Pay-Per-View.

-The NWA and Ric Flair paid an undisclosed amount of money to WWFE Inc. to use the Clash of the Champions name and logo.

- A recap of August and September's signings:

Dan Severn

Barry Windham

Marty Jannetty

Mark Jindrak

Lenny Lane

Lodi

CW Anderson

Don Callis

Marcus Bagwell

Perry Saturn

Mike Barton

- Ric Flair announced that there will be a four-man tournament at the show to decide the new NWA Heavyweight Champion. The contestants are to be determined.

Guest SixThreeSuperman

Clash of the Champions Prediction Contest

IPB Image

Sponsored by NWAWrestling.com

Prize: Terry Funk LJN WWF Action Figure (Rare Collectible)

Main Event - I Quit Match - NWA Heavyweight Championship

Winner of Semi-Final 1 vs. Winner of Semi-Final 2

(Use your previous winners to determine main event.)

Scott Steiner vs. Diamond Dallas Page

NWA Tag Team Championships

America's Most Wanted vs. The West Hollywood Blondes vs. Erotica (Chetti and Doring)

NWA Heavyweight Title Semi-Final #2

Sean O'Haire vs. Ken Shamrock

NWA Television Championship

Sean Waltman vs. CW Anderson

Perry Saturn vs. D-Lo Brown

NWA Heavyweight Title Semi-Final #1

Jeff Jarrett vs. Scott Hall

Chris Kanyon vs. Maven

Most correct answers wins the prize, tiebreaker will be whoever posted first.

The show will be up by Tuesday Evening, CST.

Jeff Jarrett 1 vs. Sean O'Haire -realistically an MMA guy should be able to win an I-Quit Match-

America's Most Wanted vs. The West Hollywood Blondes vs. Erotica (Chetti and Doring)

Chris Kanyon vs. Maven

Jeff Jarrett vs. Sean O'Haire

Winner: Scott Steiner

Winner: The West Hollywood Blondes

Winner: Sean O'Haire

Winner: CW Anderson

Winner: D-Lo Brown

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Chris Kanyon vs. Maven

Winner: Chris Kanyon

Jeff Jarrett vs. Sean O'Haire

Im saying Jarrett goes over until O'Haire is over enough to carry the company

Winner: Scott Stiener

Winner: AMW

Winner: Sean O'Haire

Winner: CW Anderson

Winner: Perry Saturn

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Chris Kanyon vs. Maven

Winner: Maven

This sounds like an awesome concept. I will definitely be following. You have an interesting roster and it will be tough to really make this legit competition for WWE with these wrestlers. Should be awesome. Good luck.

IPB Image

Jeff Jarrett vs Ken Shamrock

Chris Kanyon vs. Maven

Guest Larry the Mole Man

I don't like not getting Christian and keeping him as champion. Makes whoever wins the tournament uncredible as the NWA Champ. Except Jarrett and Shamrock who've both won the title at least once.

IPB Image

<-How I would actually love to win that as a collector.

Scott Hall

Diamond Dallas Page

Erotica (Chetti and Doring) <-Something of an upset

Sean O'Haire

CW Anderson <- No Corino? Can't have Old School without the NWA Champion.

D-Lo Brown

Scott Hall

Chris Kanyon

Guest SixThreeSuperman

Christian's non involvement is for a storyline reason, which becomes apparent much later.

Also, that prize is for real. All of my preidction contests will have real prizes, should the winner so choose to claim it.

Speaking of which, predictions are now closed, since the show will be up in a few hours. Thanks to everyone who participated.

EDIT: OK, I lied. Predictions are open for a while longer since I got sidetracked while writing the show. It will be up tomorrow evening.

Scott Hall

O'Haire won't be getting the company built around him just yet.

Scott Steiner

Strong heel to go for the World title.

America's Most Wanted

Already got the belts, why take them off?

Sean O'Haire

Yeah, he'll be getting the monster push.

CW Anderson

©\/\/ rules.

D-Lo Brown

No real reason, just think D'Lo should win.

Scott Hall

I don't think Flair would trust Jarrett yet.

Chris Kanyon

Well, it's Maven. Flair would job him out to send a message to WWE.

The lack of Christian is kinda weird, but if it all works out, then it all will be alright.

Guest SixThreeSuperman

The National Wrestling Alliance Presents:

IPB Image

LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW! From the Cricket Center in Charlotte, NC

Announcers: Lance Russel and Don Callis

---A video montage of former NWA superstars commenting on what it meant to be a part of the organization is played to start the show. Ric Flair, Harley Race, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat and a host of others all paid homage in this tearful vignette, which cuts to the NWA logo on a black screen, which starts shaking violently. “Begin Again” by Shinedown then plays as we see a montage of the current NWA superstars in various matches throughout their career, culminating in the shadowed figure that is on the poster standing in front of what appears to be a horizon. The cameras then cut to the inside of the arena, and the opening pyro.—

--- The music of the “Nature Boy” Ric Flair hits, as the savior of the National Wrestling Alliance walks out on to the stage. A tearful Flair claps for the fans to show his appreciation for their support. Once the standing ovation settles, Flair begins to speak.---

Flair:“Charlotte…WOOOOOOO!...by-god…North Carolina! Welcome to the Clash of the Champions. WOOOOOOO!”

--- The Charlotte crowd once again stands on its feet and cheers in pure excitement. ---

Flair: “Tonight, is the start of a new era. The beginning of a new National Wrestling Alliance that is gonna chew those boys up north up, and spit them….WOOOOOOO!...OUT! So enjoy the show, and never forget…Diamonds are forever…and so is the NWA. WOOOOOO!”

---Flair’s music plays, as he struts around on stage for a little bit before heading to the back. The feed then cuts to an interview with former NWA Heavyweight Champion, Harley Race, before the music hits for the first match of the evening.---

Opening Match - Chris Kanyon vs. Maven

Not a technical masterpiece by any means, as Maven’s inexperience and ring rust showed a little bit. Kanyon got the upper hand early, and dished out lots of high percentage offense to Maven, not straying a whole lot outside of the realm of punches and kicks. The turning point in the match was when Kanyon mistakenly went for the FLATLINER a bit too early, and instead got nailed by a kick and subsequent piledriver from Maven. It was all Maven from there on out, as he continued to impress with a new, slightly submission based offense, before finishing Kanyon off with a gorgeous MISSILE DROPKICK for the win at 5:11.

WINNER: MAVEN!

--- Maven celebrates his victory as the cameras head to the back for an interview with Jeff Jarrett.---

--- Jeff Jarrett is shown standing by with NWA backstage reporter Michael Hayes. ---

Hayes: "I'm here with former NWA World Heavyweight Ch-"

Jarrett: "Get it right, Dok. The soon to be 3-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, 'The Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett."

Hayes: "O...K. Jeff, you have a very important match coming up against Scott Hall, in which the winner will be in the main event tonight for the NWA Heavyweight title. What's your state of mind going into this matchup?"

Jarrett: "My state of mind? I'll tell you what, slapnuts. Why don't you just give 'The Chosen One' the microphone and head on back to Badstreet USA, OK?"

--- Hayes leaves the picture, as the camera pans over to Jarrett, guitar on shoulder. ---

Jarrett: "Scott Hall, you are a disgusting piece of crap. All the years I have known you, you've been an absolute wreck, and I am pretty sure that ain't about to change. You say you've changed, you say the past is behind you and you're clean now, well guess what...it ain't gonna matter. Tonight is the night of CHAMPIONS, Scotty, the night for 'The Chosen One' to reclaim his rightful place on top of the mountain. And you're just the bottom of the hill."

--- Jarrett gives a snide laugh as he heads off camera, and heads out to the ring for his match, which is up next. ---

Match #2 – NWA Heavyweight Title Semifinal #1 – Jeff Jarrett vs. Scott Hall

Hall shot out of the gates like a rocket in this one, presumably because of Jarrett’s interview just prior to the match. Jarrett ended up tasting the ringpost, Hall’s boot, and the concrete floor before the bell even rang. Once Jarrett was rolled into the ring, Hall continued his assault, and looking markedly more impressive than the last time he was seen in a ring, much quicker and much more adaptive to his opponent’s style. His offense continued with Jarrett getting whipped from Pillar to post, as the match looked like it was going to be a squash, until Jarrett, the consummate veteran, hooked his legs on the rope and shimmied onto the apron while Hall had him up for THE OUTSIDER EDGE. Whilst motioning to the crowd how smart he was, Hall goes to hit a monster clothesline on Jarrett, but hits nothing but ringpost. Jarrett seized this opportunity and slid into the ring, working over the arm with an arm wrench and then a hammerlock. Jarrett’s offense continued on for another few minutes before ending the match with the STROKE, and the pinfall at 7:52.

WINNER (AND ADVANCING TO THE MAIN EVENT): JEFF JARRETT!

--- The crowd lets out a loud chorus of boos, as Jarrett mocks them by pretending to cry, as Scott Hall goes to the back. The show turns to a video highligting the past 6 months, and what it took to make tonight happen, before coming back for the next match, pitting Perry Saturn against D'Lo Brown. ---

Match #3 - D'Lo Brown vs. Perry Saturn

Saturn came out of the gate hot in this very short match, attempting the RINGS OF SATURN from the get-go after a single leg takedown, which was broken by Brown quickly. Brown then took control, keeping Saturn grounded with a lot of high impact moves. Saturn would never regain control, and D’Lo pounded away for a few minutes before hitting the LO-DOWN for the win at 3:58.

WINNER: D’LO BROWN!

--- D’Lo doesn’t celebrate for long, as his celebration was interrupted by “The New Age Adonis” Andrew Martin.---

Martin: “Bravo, D’Lo, Bravo. Congratulations, you beat down a broken down never was in front of all these people. You must feel like a big man! I know it has to be hard for a guy like you, seeing as how you’re out of shape, fat and lazy, to even walk down to the ring. Seriously, a pat on the back for you.”

--- Martin enters the ring, and gets nose to nose with D’Lo.---

Martin: “But the moment you’re up for a real challenge, you just let me know. I will light you up like a Christmas tree, you fat son-of-a-bitch.”

--- D’Lo launches a haymaker at Martin, who blocks, just as someone comes from out of the crowd, and is standing behind Brown, waiting for him to turn around. Martin kicks him in the gut, and MARK JINDRAK nails D’Lo with the MARK OF EXCELLENCE. Jindrak then grabs the mic, and stoops over D’Lo…---

Jindrak: “People like you make me sick. You’re a disgusting pile of goo, Brown, and for you and everyone in the back like you, you’re time has come. No longer will mine, or anyone else’s senses be violated by your fat ass. This serves as a notice to all of you out of shape jackasses that ‘The New Age Adonis’ and ‘The Reflection of Perfection’ are going to rid the wrestling world of you once and for all.”

--- Jindrak’s music plays, as he and Martin pose in the ring, before the show turns to a commercial for the next NWA Pay-Per-View event, Superbrawl! We then head back to the announcers, as wee see a shot of Bill Goldberg sitting in the front row, enjoying the show, as the announcer talk about his impressive streak in ‘The Old Company’. The participants for the next match come out, and the TV Title Match is set to get underway. ---

Match #4 – NWA Television Championship – CW Anderson vs. Sean Waltman

This match was a lot better than it should have been, as CW's time in Japan has really tuned his skills. After the tie-up, the early offense belonged to Waltman, with a lot of martial arts kicks and thrusts. CW was obviously stunned by the output of the significantly smaller Waltman, but managed to gain some momentum back as the two went back and forth trading spots for a few minutes. CW managed to obtain the upper hand when Waltman missed an enziguri, and uses that intimidating high-percentage offense that has made him so popular with the Japanese fans. Anderson continued to hammer away, using lots of slams and suplexes, but caught a high knee lift for his troubles when he went for broke attempting the Spinebuster. Waltman starts in, but his irish whip gets reversed just in time to see Anderson finally deliver a crushing SPINEBUSTER for the 1..2..3 at 11:23.

WINNER (AND NEW NWA TELEVISION CHAMPION): CW ANDERSON!

---Anderson grabs the belt and motions to the crowd, as EMT's attend to the lifeless Waltman, whose head hit the ring mat very, very hard. As the EMT's are putting Waltman on the stretcher, we are once again sent to Michael Hayes who, this time, is with Sean O'Haire. ---

Hayes: "Sean, Ken Shamrock, your opponent this evening, is an impressive technician and MMA style brawler, much like yourself. What advantages do you have in your match this evening?"

O'Haire: "Michael, I have the biggest advantage that a man can have. I have common sense. It's not like all of these plebians in Charlotte, who would stick their hand on a hot stove just to see what it feels like. Or like Ken Shamrock, who's only iota of charisma comes from beating on his own head before he heads in to a match. But moreover, I have the knowhow. I know what he's going to do before he does it. I know where he's going to go, what he's thinking, what his goals are. I know Ken Shamrock, and tonight, after long nights of studying him with the watchful eye of a hawk, I will maim him with the vengance of a rabid dog."

--- O'Haire clasps his hands together and looks into the camera. ---

O'Haire: "But i'm not telling you anything you don't already know."

--- O'Haire lets out a sinister cackle as the music of "The World's Most Dangerous Man" plays, and he heads to the ring. ---

Match #5 – NWA Heavyweight Title Semifinal #2 – Sean O'Haire vs. Ken Shamrock

Prior to the bell, Sean O'Haire stands outside the ring for a few moments, to play mind games with Shamrock, playing to the crowd and getting a pretty loud chorus of boos. Shamrock headed out after him, and Lou Thesz presses him, and then hits repeated forearm strikes to the head before rolling Sean into the ring, and the bell sounds. Shamrock, already at an advantage, started out with a flurry of strikes, which backed O'Haire into the corner, and then set him up for a beautiful belly to belly suplex. Shamrock's flurry continued for a few minutes as O'Haire just never quite got off of the ground in the matchup. Once O'Haire rolled to the outside to catch his breath, Shamrock followed, and ran O'Haire into the steps, as the referee counted. At 8, Shamrock relented for a moment to break up the count, and charged after O'Haire, until O'Haire countered with a drop toe hold which sent Shamrock face first into the steel barrier, opening up a cut on Ken's forehead. Sean this time rolled in to break up the count, then headed back outside to continue his assault, culminating with a piledriver on the exposed concrete. O'Haire broke up the count one last time, as he rolled back to the outside and picked Shamrock up to set him on the announce table, but Shamrock countered and hit a belly to belly nto the floor, before putting O'Haire in the ANKLELOCK right in front of the announce table, while the referee counted up the 10 count, and the match ended in a draw via double countout at 16:08.

WINNER: DRAW

--- Russel and Callis ponder what will happen to the main event, as the show heads to another Superbrawl commercial. When we return, Ric Flair is standing in the ring, holding the NWA World Havyweight Championship Belt. ---

Flair: "In light of the draw in the second semi-final match between Sean O'Haire and Ken Shamrock, I have no choice but to make the main event...a triple threat match between Jeff Jarrett, Sean O'Haire, and Ken Shamrock!"

--- Jeff Jarrett comes out on the stage, holding a microphone and looking obviously distraught. ---

Jarrett: "Nature Boy, do you understand what the word 'tournament' means? It was a draw. They both lose, and since I won tonight, I guess that makes me a 3 time heavyweight champion, doesn't it!"

Flair: "Whoa, nelly. Slow down! Haven't you been paying attention? You will fight the two of them in the main event, and that's it."

Jarrett: "Where in the hell do you get off making a match like that, slapnuts? Just who in the hell do you think you are?"

Flair: "Who am I? I'm a stylin, profilin'....high-flyin....WOOOOO!....limousine-ridin, kiss-stealin', wheelin' dealin'.....WOOOOO!.....son-of-a-gun! And Jeff, i'm also your boss. So truck on back there and get ready for your match...WOOOOO!"

Jarrett: "But..But I-"

Flair: "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

--- The Nature Boy's music plays, and he struts around the ring, then back up to the aisle, as the announcers recap what just happened before hyping the Tag Tile match, which is next. ---

Match #6 - NWA Tag Team Title Match - America's Most Wanted © vs. West Hollywood Blondes vs. Erotica

This match was a triangle match, and one man from all 3 teams was allowed in the ring at a time. Also, you could only tag your partner in, the 'Outlaw' rule was in effect. Doring, Lenny, and Harris start off, and it immediately turns into a train wreck. Lots of talented wrestlers involved, but a very convoluted match for them to showcase themselves in. Doring took the brunt of the punishment in the early going, from both Lane and Harris. After he manages to tag out to Cheti, they pick up a bit of steam, but as the only face team in the match, they were at a disadvantage from the get-go. Harris pretty much wiped the floor with Lane while Chetti was down, and Doring tried to interfere on multiple occasions, just in time to catch a beatdown. Lane tags out to Lodi, who comes in and does some damage before meeting a clothesline from the apron via Chris Harris (who had tagged out a few minutes prior). Lots more offense from AMW who looked to go over pretty easily, but Chris Kanyon comes down to the ring (fresh off of his loss to Maven in the opener) and distracts Storm by trying to hug him, as Lodi rolls him up for the pinfall to (thankfully) end the match at 12:06.

WINNERS (AND NEW NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS): THE WEST HOLLYWOOD BLONDES!

--- Lenny, Lodi, and Kanyon all group hug outside of the rings and skip back up the ramp to the back, as the announcers talk about the disturbing nature of the last few minute's events. We then see Scott Stiener in the back doing pushups to prepare for his match. ---

Match #7 - Scott Steiner vs. Diamond Dallas Page

A typical WCW type brawl is what became of this match, with offense being traded back and forth for the majority of it. Page manages to get the upperhand for a while, hitting his typical array of moves before hitting Steiner with a Tilt-a-Whirl slam, and fllowing up with a big fist drop that nearly caves in Steiner's skull. After finding an opening by ducking the spinning clothesline later in the match, Steiner sets in with a lot of power moves, hitting an immaculate steinerline that nearly removed the head of DDP. Steiner goes to lock in the STEINER RECLINER, but is shoved off by Page, who missed with a clothesline and then got picked up for the STEINER SCREWDRIVER. He slides out, down Steiner's back , turns him around, and blasts him with the DIAMOND CUTTER for the 3 count at 7:10.

WINNER: DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE!

--- Goldberg gives Page a standing ovation from the front row as Page heads to the back, and Jeff Jarrett heading out for the main event. ---

--- Jarrett is walking toward the curtain to head out for his match, and he passes Sean O'Haire. ---

O'Haire: "You'd better get out there, Jeff. Your fellow rednecks await."

Jarrett: "Shut your yap, muscles. Lets see you run your mouth after I pin you and take home my 3rd title."

O'Haire: "Just don't screw it up."

---Jarrett heads out to the ring, and O'Haire is still on camera looking highly intense. ---

Main Event - NWA World Heavyweight Championship - Sean O'Haire vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Ken Shamrock

The Charlotte crowd was hotter than hell for the start of this match, which saw O'Haire immediately go after Shamrock with a furious set of kicks. Jarrett sat idly by and watched it all go on, knowing he was the freshest man in the ring. O'Haire continued to assault Shamrock, eventually re-opening the cut on his forehead, which was sustained in their match earlier. Jarrett finally decided to join the match, pulling O'Haire down with a Russian Leg Sweep, then taking turns stomping both downed men. Jarrett continued to systematically decimate both men, keeping them on the ground, and keeping his legs out of the reach of the ever dangerous Shamrock. Jeff then switched his focus to O'Haire, whipping him into the corner and hitting him with a running clothesline that vaulted him aver the turnbuckle and out to the floor, right in front of Goldberg, who was taunting O'Haire. Sean gestured over to Goldberg and climbed back into the ring, with Jarrett punding away on Ken Shamrock on the far side. O'Haire limps over, grabs Jarrett and roundhouse kicks him in the side of the head, sending him crashing to the canvas.

O'Haire, out of the corner of his eye, caught Goldberg continuing to taunt him, and headed outside to where Goldberg was sitting. They exchanged words, and O'Haire grabbed a beer from the guy next to Bill, and poured it right on Goldberg's head, leading Goldberg to pick O'Haire up over his head as the crowd wad cleared out by security, and he delivers the JACKHAMMER right in the middle of the crowd. Security removed him, and O'Haire was a lifeless heap in the crowd, no longer a factor in the match.

Jarrett was still groggy from the kick, and slowly getting to his feet, when Shamrock came up behind him and slaps him in the ANKLELOCK! Jarrett is worked into a frenzy, in the center of the ring, with nowhere to go. The referee has left the ring to check on O'Haire, who needs medical attention, and James E. Cornette comes down the ramp with the tennis racket, which he summarily smacks Shamrock in the head with knocking him out cold. Jarrett has the presence of mind to make the cover, and Cornette gets the referee's attention. The referee enters the ring and makes the 3 count that crowned a new champion at 24:10.

WINNER (AND NEW NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION): JEFF JARRETT!

--- Jarrett and Cornette celebrate in the ring, as Ken Shamrock lays in the middle of the ring. Jarrett steals the mic from the ring announcer. ---

Jarrett: "Naitch...you tried to stop me. You made it harder than it had to be, but the cream rises to the top. For all your efforts, you not only didn't keep me from winning, there's no way you can keep me in control. I run the show around here, and I stand before you as the NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION. Choke on that."

--- The lights dim, and pyro hits the stage. A shadowy figure behind Jarrett is holding a weapon of some sort, and nails Jarrett in the back of the head. The PA system blares... ---

J-J-Jericho....

--- The lights come on, and Chris Jericho is standing with an ELECTRIC guitar in his hand. He poses to the crowd, as Flair stands on the stage with a look of sheer delightment as the show goes off the air. ---

The prediction contest winner is...ORTONFAN24...he guess 5 out of 8 correctly, and won the tiebreaker by posting first! PM me for your prize.

Guest SixThreeSuperman

Courtesy of Gerweck.net

Post-NWA Clash of the Champions News and Notes

- The overall mood in the back during and following the show seemed to be very upbeat and positive. Ric Flair had a meeting with all of the workers 15 or so minutes prior to the start, thanking them for all they have done.

- Perry Saturn was overheard after his match complaining about how short it was, and was visibly upset that not only was he booked to lose, but the whole match was used to put over Martin and Jindrak.

- The TV Title matchup was very well received in the back, with many people claiming that CW Anderson should get an increased push and a lengthy title reign.

- The Tag Team Titles being put on the West Hollywood Blondes was a last minute decision, as was the finish.

- Sean O’Haire’s performance at the show was the talk of the backstage area. Many feel that he is destined to be the top guy in the company, as is evidenced by his strong booking at the PPV.

Guest jamiegeist

Easy to read, interesting, fun. I'm really liking this so far.

I like your well developed storyline, but I also love the simplicity of your reports. I found it very nice to read, and good use of color and tags without overuse.

Guest SixThreeSuperman

IPB Image

NWAWrestling.com Danger Zone Preview

Get ready for the first ever edition of NWA DANGER ZONE this Sunday, live on Pay-Per-View, for only $1.99!

- Goldberg savagely attacked Sean O'Haire at the Clash of the Champions this past Sunday after O'Haire provoked him...will Goldberg show up at Danger Zone this week to answer to "The Prodigal Son"?

- Jindrak and Martin are on a quest to rid the NWA of all its" fat slobs". Who will the duo target this week?

- Chris Jericho made his mark on the NWA, and the back of Jeff Jarrett's skull, this past week, and Flair seemingly enjoyed it. What will Jarrett do to exact revenge? Will Flair involve himself?

- The NWA Juniorweight Championship tournament will start this week on Danger Zone, with 2 first round matches in the 8 man tournament.

AND MORE!

CONFIRMED MATCHES:

NWA Juniorweight Title Tournament 1st Round Matches

Johnny Storm vs. TAKA Michinoku

Ultimo Dragon vs. Marty Jannetty

NWA Television Title Match

CW Anderson © vs. Scott Hall

Jindrak and Martin vs. D'Lo Brown and ???