WWE 2006

Jillian was GM for the day because Theodore Long was "away on business", which'll be explained next week. She was given the job just for that one night.

And I was actually originally planning on having someone else come in with Daivari, someone who's now in development and will debut at some point, so I won't spoil that. But then Sabu came to mind, and I figured he and Daivari would be a good pair.

IPB Image

Date: May 22nd, 2006

Venue: USAir Arena

Ringside:

RAW started just as it usually does, with WWE Champion John Cena coming out to the ring to a surprisingly roaring reaction from the crowd. He entered the ring with a very serious expression on his face, almost looking sad.

" I'm gonna' cut it right to tha' chase. I watched a tape o' what happened last week right here on RAW, and I gotta' say.. I'm sorry. I mean.. How tha' hell was I supposed ta' know 'dat Paul Heyman was nailin' Triple H with a steel chair behind my back? Well, I just wanted ta' clear things up with Hunter. So if ya' could get 'yer ass out here, Triple H... "

Triple H did indeed make his way out to the ring, but looked very angry doing so. After entering the ring, he told Cena to cut the bullshit, and the two got in a small argument before Cena offered somewhat of a "peace treaty".

" Listen up, man. I gotta' face you and RVD in three weeks at One Night Stand, you know 'dat, I know 'dat, 'dese fans know 'dat. An' I just wanted ta'.. Ya' know.. Make things right before our match. I didn't see Paul Heyman last week, I swear, or I would'a called the match the way it should'a been called. "

Cena extended his hand to Triple H for a handshake. The Game looks around, and reluctantly starts to put his hand out to shake Cena's. The crowd is cheering for him to do it, and he does. The two shake hands and stare each other down for about four seconds, before Cena tries to walk away with a smile, but Triple H turns on him and kicks him in the gut, nailing him down with a Pedigree and walking off with a sadistic expression on his face.

(A*, this segment lifted the crowd)

Backstage:

Vince Mcmahon was shown setting up in a new office after what happened with Paul Heyman last week. RVD is seen barging in with a smile on his face, which quickly gets wiped off when Mcmahon begins talking to him. After RVD had asked why Vince wanted to see him so early, Vince replied.

" Well, Rob, I think it's time you and I had a little talk. Actually, as a matter of fact, this might possibly be the LAST talk we'll ever have. Because I'm gonna' do both of us, and your buddy Paul Heyman, a pretty big favor. What you and Heyman pulled last monday night.. I'm not gonna' make you forget about it. As a matter of fact, I'm going to make your life a living hell! And we can start tonight, actually, we can start.. RIGHT NOW, as you go one on one.. WITH CHRIS.. MASTERS! "

" Dude, I'm not doing that. I'm saving myself for EEE CEE DUBYA. "

" First of all, it's not.. "dude".. It's MR. MCMAHON DAMNIT. And secondly, you can save yourself for ECW all you want, but if you don't wrestle tonight, your job here as a professional wrestler.. Is gone. "

The camera zooms in on RVD, as he looked like he was nearly about to burst and nail Mcmahon in the face.

(A, this segment lifted the crowd)

Singles Match: Chris Masters vs. Rob Van Dam

* The match started off with Rob Van Dam getting most of the offense, as what Mcmahon said to him must've fueled something in him to give him a shot against The Masterpiece, nearly picking up a victory after a beautifully executed Rolling Thunder which got a close two count. Masters and Van Dam then battled it out for the next four to five minutes, until something unexpected happened.

* Vince Mcmahon made his way down to the ring, and nailed Rob Van Dam over the head with a steel chair, doing it again repeatedly and forcing the referee not to call for the bell, or he'd be fired. Masters then locked in a Masterlock, and forced Van Dam to tap out, leaving him unconscious.

(Chris Masters, A, this match lifted the crowd, unfortunately, this match had to contend with a restless crowd)

Backstage:

Matt Striker was backstage in his locker room, teaching young hopeful WWE superstars the tricks of the business on his board. He then dismissed them for the lesson, and proceeded to get his books and leave the room. However, as he opened the door, he nailed The Big Show, who was walking by it, right on the forehead, knocking him down. Striker, scared, ran off thinking that Big Show didn't have a chance to see him.

(C+, this segment suffered as it came across as a let-down after the previous segment, Matt Striker underperformed, the performance of Big Show looked good)

Ringside:

Big Show was standing in the middle of the ring after a commercial break, infuriated. He picked up a microphone and started breathing heavily into it, grabbing his forehead in the process.

" MATT STRIKER.. You think you can get away with what you did to me? You think you can KNOCK.. DOWN.. THE BIG SHOW.. AND JUST WALK AWAY!? Get your ass down here.. RIGHT NOW! "

Striker's music didn't hit, obviously, and instead, Umaga and Armando Alejandro Estrada made their way out to the ramp. Estrada said that he can have Matt Striker whenever he wants, but Umaga's been on a roll, and after beating Carlito last week, he'd love to beat The Big Show, the biggest athlete in the WWE, tonight.

(B-, Big Show came across well)

Singles Match: The Big Show vs. Umaga

* Umaga and The Big Show went at it early on, exchanging blows, until a slap fest began. Big Show and Umaga exchanged hard backhand slaps to the chest. Just as predicted, this match was pretty boring and full of right hands and power maneuvers, until Umaga was able to turn things around with two superkicks that knocked the big man down for a close two count.

* Estrada looked pretty happy on the outside, as he cheered on his giant in the ring. Umaga took the opportunity to nail Big Show in the throat with his taped thumb, but The Big Show was able to counter the move and nail Umaga with a clotheline. Matt Striker ran down to the ring with a huge dictionary in his hand, but just as he was about to nail Big Show over the head with it, he missed and hit Umaga instead, allowing Big Show to throw Striker out of the ring, then pin Umaga after a chokeslam, making Estrada go ballistic.

(The Big Show, B+, Big Show was visibly tiring toward the end, this match lifted the crowd)

Backstage:

Shawn Michaels was shown in a hospital bed with Jim Ross sitting by his side. He had a very melinconic look on his face, yet very angry at what had happened to him. The camera zoomed in on him, as Jim Ross asked him his thoughts on the events that occured.

" JR.. Let me promise you something, when I get out of this bed, whenever that is, I'm comin' after Kane. What he did to me at backlash, actually.. What he did to me SINCE backlash.. It's gonna' come back to haunt him, JR. Kane can argue the evil prevails all he wants, but the fact of the matter is.. I know someone's looking down on me up there, and I know someone's STANDING right here.. Beside me. "

" Well, those are certainly some intense words. "

" Intense? What's intense is having to sit here after knowing what it's like to LIVE life on the outside. I've been in a hospital bed before, JR, but let me tell you, I've never been this hungry for revenge in my entire life. What Kane has done.. It'll never be forgiven, and next week on RAW.. I'll let that light that's been guiding me throughout my entire career.. I'll let that guide me to Kane, despite knowing that what I'm planning to do him.. Is a MORTAL.. SIN. "

The camera zooms in on Michaels's face after his serious note to end the promo.

(B+, Jim Ross was very underwhelming, this segment lifted the crowd, Jim Ross is improving at acting)

Backstage:

Chris Masters was walking backstage, celebrating his victory over Rob Van Dam earlier tonight, and making sure everyone he saw knew about it as well. He then ran into Carlito, who smiled and shaked his head, while Masters opened his arms almost happy to see his nemesis.

" Hey! Carlito! Did you see me out there? I beat RVD! That's right, the number one contender to the WWE Championship, and I beat him! "

" You want a medal or something, mang? "

Masters backs up for a second.

" Whoa, whoa, whoa. No need for all the hostility. I'm sure you're just.. Jealous because I beat RVD, and you couldn't even beat Umaga! "

" Jealous? Jealous of you? Oh please mang, why should Cah'lito be jealous of YOU of all people? You brainless piece of crap! "

" Call me what you want, Carlito, but the way I see it.. You.. Just like RVD, and just like the rest of the RAW roster.. Will NEVER be able to break the Masterlock. "

" Is 'dat all you know how to say mang? List'n up here, Chris Masters. If you wanna' mock Cah'lito so bad every week.. Why don't you take your stupid ass down to tha' ring next week, and prove that you're tha' better man, eh? "

" I'll.. I'll think about it. "

Carlito suddenly started walking away, then turned right back around and spit a piece of apple right in Chris Masters's face, right out of the blue, then walking away with a smile to the roaring cheers of the crowd.

(B+, this segment lifted the crowd)

Tag Team Title Match: The Spirit Squad's Kenny and Mikey vs. Too Cool

* Too Cool held the advantage for most of the early goings of the bout, fighting off any interference attempt from Mitch, Johnny and Nicky on the outside, but then getting blindsided by the tag team champions with a couple of low blows unscouted by the referee. The match went on for about seven minutes, before it took an interesting turn.

* Grandmaster Sexay seemed to have the match in control, as Scotty took Kenny out with a Worm, then gave Mikey a DDT, and allowed Sexay to get up on the second rope to hit his trademark leg drop. However, out of nowhere, Mitch and Johnny climbed up on the apron, while Nicky distracted the referee, and flipped Sexay over the top rope. Kenny got on top of Sexay, and while Mitch and Johnny held his feet from the outside, pinned him to retain the tag team championships.

(The Spirit Squad, C+, this match benefitted greatly from a hot crowd)

Ringside:

Edge was in the ring for another edition of "The Cutting Edge", where he invited Mick Foley to make his way out to the ring once again. Foley came out in street clothes, and fearlessly entered the ring despite the attacks he received from Edge last week.

" Well, Mick, if I remember correctly.. You gave me the option to CHOOSE your tag team partner at ECW One Night Stand, and to choose my own as well. "

Foley pulled out three cards, and told Edge to pick one. Edge opened the envelope, still wondering what the hell was going on, and found a name written across it.

" What? NO! You never said I had to pick a name out of an envelope, you said I just got to pick your tag team partner! Well I don't want him! "

" WELL THAT'S TOO BAD, EDGE.. Because you see, after you blind sided me last week right here on RAW, I figured I'd give YOU a little surprise as well. And I re-considered my invitation to you at One Night Stand, because if you were a REAL.. HARDCORE LEGEND.. You wouldn't have to wait until I turned my head to plant one RIGHT ON THE SIDE OF MY FACE! So let me tell you this again.. Would you please like to inform the crowd here who my mystery partner will be at One Night Stand. "

" Screw you, Foley, I'm out of this match! "

" You don't want to say his name? Fine, but maybe you'd like to turn around! "

Foley gets Edge worried that the man written down might be behind him, but when Edge turns, he doesn't see anyone. Instead, Mick Foley jumps him from behind now and begins laying a hell of a beating on him. Lita mounted on top of Foley, yet he was able to shrug her off by pushing her against the turnbuckle, then avoiding an Edge spear which hit Lita instead! Foley then quickly pulled out Socko, and landed it right into Edge's mouth with the Mandible Claw, dropping him down to the mat, then picking up the piece of paper from the envelope and laying it on top of Edge.

" MY MYSTERY PARTNER.. AT ONE NIGHT STAND.. IS.. THE HARDCORE LEGEND.. TERRY.. FUNK! "

Foley leaves a beaten Edge on the ground, walking off to more cheers from the sold out crowd.

(B+, Edge is developing better performance skill)

Backstage:

Vince Mcmahon was once again backstage, setting up his office, until Maria barged in through the door and stared him down, with a very sad look on her face.

" I can't.. I can't believe you would do that to me! "

" Do that to you? You're not deserving enough to be the RAW General Manager, DAMNIT! I AM! "

" But.. But.. "

Mcmahon ruthlessly interrupts her again.

" SHUT UP! Now to be fair, I'm gonna' give you one last chance. Next week, LIVE on Monday Night RAW! It will be me, and my son, the fruit of my SEMEN, SHANE.. MCMAHON.. AGAINST YOU.. AND A MYSTERY PARTNER.. OF YOUR CHOICE. "

" .. But how is it mystery if I choose who it is? "

" Are you stupid!? Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question. Let me make this clear to you - It will be a TAG TEAM MATCH, it will be VINCE MCMAHON, that's me, and SHANE MCMAHON, that's my son. And we will be taking on YOU, that's.. you, and a partner of your choice. That can be Ashley.. Trish Stratus.. Torrie Wilson, whoever you want. "

" OH! OH! OH! I WANT.. TOM CRUISE! "

" ... GET THE HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE! "

" I WANT.. I WANT.. BRAD PITT! "

Mcmahon literally kicked Maria out of his office, then looked confused at whatever she was saying earlier.

(C+, Maria looked dreadful in this segment, Vince Mcmahon was a real star in this segment)

Backstage:

Shawn Michaels was once again shown live, being attended to by a nurse and trying to work his way back up out of his leg injury. Then, all of a sudden, the door is slammed open, and Kane is seen walking right through it. Michaels tries to get up from the bed, and does, but Kane quickly grabs him and throws him against the wall, then slamming him against a table full of needles and causing him to bleed perfusely. Nurses and doctors come running into the room, but Kane beat the hell out of each and every one of them as well, finally chokeslamming Kane down to the floor through his hospital bed, before getting on his knees and staring him down, whispering something into his ear as the scene fades to a commercial break.

Intercontinental Title Match: Shelton Benjamin vs. Charlie Haas

* In a rematch from the fantastic bout between the two last week, Shelton Benjamin defended his Intercontinental Championship against his former tag team partner, Charlie Haas. Once again, both men exchanged blows and had a great mat based wrestling match, with nobody gaining an advantage in the early goings, and both keeping things pretty even.

* Haas thought he had the match under control, as he hit a fantastic german suplex off the second rope, but instead of going for the pin, prepared himself to lock in the Haas of Pain. Just before he could, however, Shelton caught him from behind with a school boy, putting his feet on the second rope to pick up a cheap win and retain his belt. Haas stared down his partner from the ring.

(Shelton Benjamin, A, this match lifted the crowd)

Backstage:

A short segment showing Triple H preparing for a match was shown.

Ringside:

Triple H came out to the ring, waiting for an opponent to show up so he could fight. However, out of nowhere came Mr. Mcmahon, with a microphone in hand and a smile on his face, and Maria held tighly by his right arm.

" TRIPLE H.. I told you you'd have a match tonight and well.. YOU'VE GOT ONE! "

Mcmahon drags Maria down to the ring, and throws her in, leaving with a sadistic smile on his face, as the bell rang.

(B-, the performance of Vince Mcmahon looked good)

Singles Match: Triple H vs. Maria Kanellis

* Triple H didn't know what to do for most of the bout, trying to start a match with Maria, but obviously not wanting to hit her. They locked up, and Triple H pushed her down to the mat, making her grab her back and start screaming in pain. Triple H went over to check up on her, but she surprisingly rolled him up for a one count.

* At this point, Triple H was pissed off. He told Maria he wasn't willing to wrestle her, and was ready to walk out of the match. However, when he was near the ropes, Maria grabbed him from behind and gave him an undetected low blow, rolling him up again for a two count this time. Both Maria and Triple H got back up to their feet, but this time Maria was quickly nailed by a RUTHLESS clotheline by The Game, who picked Maria back up and put her head between his legs, signaling for a Pedigree. All of a sudden, a man in a hoodie comes running out of the crowd, and gives Triple H a spinning heel kick, then throws him out of the ring through the second and third rope, taking Maria with him and leaving through the crowd, constantly checking up on her as she's unconscious in his arms. The referee calls for the bell, and Triple H wins by disqualification.

(Triple H via Disqualification, B, Triple H looked good out there, this segment lifted the crowd)

Aftermath:

Triple H got himself back up and entered the ring, when WWE Champion John Cena made his way out as well, and stood in the middle of the ring, staring Triple H down and taunting him with his WWE Championship. All of a sudden, Paul Heyman ran into the ring through the crowd, and tried to attack the two with a steel chair, but this time, John Cena grabbed him by his neck and held him up high in the air in position for an FU, when all of a sudden, the lights go out. When they come back on, the ring has been flooded with ECW superstars including Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, Lance Storm, Justin Credible, Mike Awesome, and last but not least.. Rob Van Dam. The ECW crew continued to beat the hell out of Triple H and John Cena, taking over the ring and listening to the roaring chants of "EEE CEE DUB!" bursting throughout the arena, as RAW came to a close.

(A*)

Overall Rating: B

Viewers: 1,412,662

• 9 months later...