A tip to designers

Guest [ Tyler ]

Guest [ Tyler ]

Okay I've been trying to be as active as possible in the graphics forum here and I constantly see something that bugs the shit out of me and I'm not quite sure why people do it...I guess it's how they learned to design.

When people blend images they usually blend PSDs that they've downloaded from a website. I have a tip for everyone who does this...USE SCANS! W4L-GFX has a large selection of scans so don't say you haven't been on a site with them! :P Scans will enhance your background and are much easier to "blend" then PSDs. It's both easier to do and it looks better. If you see this thread and use PSDs instead of scans atleast TRY to do this. In all honesty, it will benefit you more then anyone else so no hurt in trying, IMO! (Y)

Here's a tip for the both of you: everyone starts off somewhere, and what they can learn from others slightly beyond them will benefit them in the long run.

Anyone taking graphics seriously will move past wrestling graphics in due time, but for those still working on them, it's a nice pillar. Let them suggest ways to improve at where they're at.

I started with wrestling graphics, I've moved on. There are others who will follow the same or slightly different processes. You can't rush them into something they may or may not be ready for.

Here's a tip for the both of you: everyone starts off somewhere, and what they can learn from others slightly beyond them will benefit them in the long run.

Anyone taking graphics seriously will move past wrestling graphics in due time, but for those still working on them, it's a nice pillar. Let them suggest ways to improve at where they're at.

I started with wrestling graphics, I've moved on. There are others who will follow the same or slightly different processes. You can't rush them into something they may or may not be ready for.

Why do people think wrestling graphics are like a beginning level of graphic-making? The only difference between making a wrestling graphic and, say, a football graphic is the people you put on it really.

I really don't see how wrestling graphics are different/easier than any other subjects :blink:

Guest Milligan

FLAME WARS!!!

Actualy I think that the point Norris was making was that if you are looking to do graphics professionally or just expand your horizons you have to move on. THere is no difference between a WWE graphic and an NFL graphic, but there is a big difference between a WWE graphic and say redseigning the Pepsi logo.

As for starting out, Im glad Tyler mentioned scans because some people may not know about scans and now they have the idea. He just wasnt so tactful when he mentioned it.

Everyone makes graphics for their own reasons. The ones they post here are so they can get feedback for improvement improve. I dont know where I am going with this so Ill shut up now.

Actualy I think that the point Norris was making was that if you are looking to do graphics professionally or just expand your horizons you have to move on. THere is no difference between a WWE graphic and an NFL graphic, but there is a big difference between a WWE graphic and say redseigning the Pepsi logo.

So would making an NFL graphic and redesigning a logo. It's stupid to say the theme of a graphic determines the level of design involved.

Now, if you were only doing wrestling graphics and you wanted to become a professional, then yes you would need to 'expand your horizons' but it's the same if you were making only football graphics or whatever.

Guest [ Tyler ]

So would making an NFL graphic and redesigning a logo. It's stupid to say the theme of a graphic determines the level of design involved.

Now, if you were only doing wrestling graphics and you wanted to become a professional, then yes you would need to 'expand your horizons' but it's the same if you were making only football graphics or whatever.

I was speaking in EWB terms, because almost every single new graphic designer to this forum starts off doing wrestling graphics. I'm just saying, people will expand beyond that... but for now, let them get better.

Obviously wrestling graphics aren't the newbish graphics... hell, look at that poster you did that got around those wrestling websites-- certainly not newbish.

And thank you, mudda, for the encouragement :P

The graphics forum has more activity now then it did a few months ago, so even though it's not as active as a community, we have more individuals doing things now. Of course, it's no-where near as active as it used to be.

Edited by The Mask of Norro