The Butterfly Effect

Guest Snyper

Guest Wrestlekid

Way to bring back the extinct topic, ROC :P

Anyways, I really enjoyed the film, but I watched the Director's Cut. Which, from what I gather, is an alternate ending. I've been thinking about re-renting it to see what the "real" ending is, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

It was a pretty good movie. One of those 'you gotta think about it.' type movies. Such as is it wrong to want to play god or not? But there's alot of hidden meanings in the movie that no one gets, so only intelligent people really like it others will just be like "DUDE THIS SUCKS I WANT TITTIES!" Yeah......

But it's got Amy Smart in it... :wub::wub::wub:

I thought it was a really good flick. Sure, if an intellectual person goes to see it they'll run it down because the acting wasn't on par with Oscar winning movies and the plot was a bit out there. It was kinda like a poor man's "thinking" plot. However, I thought it was a harmless, fun, interesting, and intriguing film that is worth at least the rent. The only problem I have is that I couldn't take Kutcher seriously. It's not because he is a bad actor, it's because after watching him play Michael Kelso for so many years I found myself catching the wrong vibes out of his serious character in the movie. I found myself laughing at some parts, even though they weren't supposed to be funny, but just because I was picturing the Kelso character instead of the actual intended character. It's not really Ashton's fault, it's almost like Michael Kelso was tailor made for him so it is hard to picture him outside of That 70's Show.

All in all, it was an enjoyable movie, not the best, but FAR FAR from the worst. 6.5-7/10, IMO. It probably could have been better with a different lead actor, nothing against Ashton Kutcher.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy