CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER VS LBTN™

EAST WING FINALS

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster vs LBTN™

Story: A local reality television show is running a special series to boost ratings: "The top 100 things that will NEVER HAPPEN in this lifetime". The idea behind it? Based on popular media (music, sports, entertainment... etc.), they have gathered together what people think would be the least likely thing to happen-- better yet, what wouldn't happen at ALL-- to these people. From silly things like 50 Cent entering a ballet, to scary things like Paris Hilton running for president... this list has gathered quite a number of unlikely events, and your job is to help depict one of these things with a graphic that will be used to advertise the upcoming series!

Basic Rules: Create a graphic of an event that you simply can NOT see happening, at all. It might be Vince McMahon as the Pope, it might be a newpaper depicting Canada's invasion of the US... anything that you couldn't see happening, find a creative way of depicting a graphic for it.

Restrictions: Gotta be inventive with this one guys... try not to be too predictable! Creativity = brownie points in judging. Other then that? Just make sure it's not likely to actually happen!

Size: None, just don't make it outlandishly large.

Deadline: June 5th, 2006

hamza2.jpg

Better (nearly) late than never!

The lass was a pic on her own.

I added the star and Hamza's image, cutting it into the star.

The text "Under new management" was based on the idea from one Spearmint Rhino poster with the white text outside a darker red.

I created the black box and blue box. The text in black box is the logo which I cut up into a few pieces....Then proceeded to put into the image in the exact same positions! Doh!

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Just like last round, I'll start things off here with the judging... good luck to the both of you! I have to say it, both of you did great jobs here... and I'm proud to say you two made it this far, because you certainly earned it in the end, and proved that through your entries.

MY JUDGING

CHRISSTEELEATEMYHAMSTER

-------------

Pros: Wow, I was expecting something unexpected, but I wasn't expecting something unexpected to be put into a format like that. That's some nice creativity Hamster, I figured the most you two would do was come up with a scene... but you came up with the a good preview image for it. I'm loving your placement aside from the star being so far on the left (it cuts off the screen a little), your font selection for the bar on the right is good and I'm liking the 'New Management' font as well. It's well balanced, it looks crisp... just an all around nice work.

Cons: The shadow on that star kills me here man, I'd have gone for an outer shadow if I was even to use one. Also, the star needs to be moved to the right about so it's edge isn't cut off the screen. Other then that, I'm liking what I'm seeing.

LBTN™

-------------

Pros: Hahahahaha, I cannot tell you how long I laughed at this one, it's just too funny. Unexpected indeed, Michael Moore and Bush shaking hands was a nice selection for the round. I like how you made him a bit larger to fit with his bulk, and I especially like how you made the tie match his hat.

Cons: The blending on his hands just seems a tad bit off on this one. Moore's not yet an old guy, yet his hands have the appearance of an old man. Seems like selective aging, wouldn't you think? Also, look at Bush: he has a shadow. Look at your source image: the guy before had a shadow. See what I'm saying? Moore has no shadow! It really just seems awkward, looking at Moore as he stands there in all his shadowless glory against a shadowed Bush.

Loved the both of yours, they had some minor drawbacks (ironically both involving shadows) but they both fit the rules to a 't'. For you, Hamustah, you went out of your way to make it fit the format, which was a very nice touch. For you, LBTN, you did a very good photo manipulation and it was pulled off to near-perfection.

In the end, I have to give it to my favorite of the both of you however-- the one which not only amused me, but seemed to be the more professional work and fit the rules that slight bit better then the other.

LBTN... great job man, but I'm giving this one to ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster, because his just BARELY edged yours out for me.

ALLDAWSON'S JUDGING

CSAMH vs LBTN

CSAMH:

Pros: Interesting idea. Good placement of everything. I like the addition of the blue bar, telling you what it is and what number it is in the 'chart' thing.

Cons: Not too fond of the shadow on the star.

--

LBTN:

Pros: Good idea, great manipulation of the head onto the old body. Nice thinking colouring the tie to match the hat.

Cons: The hands take away any thought that it's an actual photo, which is what you aim for when manipulating like this.

--

Result: While again not containing any mind-blowing graphical skills, CSAMH produces another solid graphic which I've found hard to pick out many negatives. LBTN had a nice idea and for the most part pulled it off well. The hands, however, are a huge negative for me. That's the main reason I'm giving this one to CSAMH. Good entries guys.

WILDCAT'S JUDGING

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

PROS: The Background is nice, the logo placementis nice,and the girl is hot. What more do I need?

CONS: While this is a pretty good graphic it also has some pretty bad placement of things. First of all while both of them are looking the same way they are looking at nothing, the Star while its beveled nicely is kinda out of place and I woulda rather seen a bigger version of the rhinohead instead. The Text for the Under New Management is ok but the whole image of Abu Hamza and the star along with the text are a bit too far to the left. I also don't care for the grey bar as it doens't fit in with the colors or look good with the rest of the piece. I gotta say I'm a bit dissapointed as I was expecting things to get turned up a notch in this round and this still looks like something that would be turned in for the opening round.

LBTN™

PROS: I had to laugh when I saw this one as George W. and Michael Moore shaking hands is truly funny. I like the idea behind this and I think the placement of Moore over the other guy is done pretty well.

CONS: Not sure Moore is exactly the right size in the image and the left hand seems a little strange. Its colored well but it has the look of belonging to a guy in his 70's. There's also no shadow on the leftside of Moore's head and I think there should be.

Judgement: My vote goes to LBTN™. I think he has a better overall image and the positives outweigh the minor negatives alot more than on Chris's who's graphic felt like he wasn't really ready for the finals deadline quite yet.

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

Hamustah, welcome to the grande finale-- something I remember you in the very beginning not believing you could do. You've stepped beyond anything I expected from you, and I'm very proud of you for that. Everyone was expecting the usual suspects to make it to the end, but you weren't one of those suspects and you managed to. Congratulations man.

LBTN... you dressed to impress this whole damn tournament. An excellent final piece man, you also weren't one of those usual suspects people thought would go all the way, but you made it this far. Congrats on reaching this point man, I really, really hope to see you coming back next time around. You did good!

Good luck in the grande finale, Hamster, and thanks to the both of you for participating!

Edited by The Mask of Norro