WWE 2003 - After Wrestlemania XIX

Well it's been a while but here are my belated thoughts. Ok, Lesnar is the monster which i suppose is fine but i hope your not looking to move Angle to Raw because Smackdown i think needs him right there unless you're going to trade someone else over. Your doing with Dinsmore what happened with Cena and Angle and also a slight take on the Benoit/Scott storyline but whatever i like it still and i like it intermixing with the Rhyno storyline. I like the stip but i'm not sure about Heyman as GM to be honest? Has he already been GM or is this before that, i can't remember? Hogan/Heyman? I like it! The CW stuff is ok and i guess using the GM is the smart way out for now. Cena pulls a Guerrero? I'm not sure i like that! I hope Eddie gets the upper hand with better cheating in this feud to put things back in their rightful place. Jones attacked Taker? I wonder where this is going and at least it's not the FBI.

Overall a C, ok but nothing special.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm back with this, a slight change of format, still review style but it'll be in more of an order with seperate headings. Also note that something may not happen as originally planned, I'd booked up until Summerslam and have seemed to have lost the word file.

WWE RAW

5th May 2003

The King Of The Ring Begins!

The first four quarter final matches took place this monday on RAW. In the first match Tommy Dreamer managed to defeat Mark Henry with a Steel Chair after some intervention from GM Stone Cold. Next up Lance Storm beat Rob Van Dam after some botched interference from the two mystery men which caused RVD to be DQ'ed. Goldust scored a clean victory over Chief Morley and Christian cheated his way to victory over Al Snow. We also heard from Randy Orton and Scott Steiner who both made separate claims to being the future King.

The Big Red Machine Falls

Kane would go one on one with Evolution's Randy Orton. Orton would score the upset and possibly his biggest win yet when he nailed Kane with the RKO, thats after Kane had finished dealing with an interfering Ric Flair that is. The two Mystery Men once again appeared and chased Flair and Orton off.

Womens Title Match - Next Week!

Right after that backstage Victoria and Jazz both wanted a shot at Trish Stratus' Womens Title. Genral Manager Eric Bischoff wanted to give the shot to Jazz while Stone Cold Steve Austin wanted to give it to Victoria. Trish Stratus then said that she would face them both!

Ambush and a Challenge

Chris Jericho and Christian called out Kevin Nash. Jericho called him an 'overgrown has-been' which sparked a brawl, the two on one adavtage was too much for Nash... which then revealed the Canadian's true plan. Out came Shawn Michaels for the save, it was of course a trap and Michaels became a victim of a steel chair. Christian issued a challenge and said that at Bad Blood he would not only be King of The Ring, but he would beat Shawn Michaels one on one! Jericho then said regardless of tonights main event, he would become the new World Heavyweight Champion at Bad Blood!

World Heavyweight Championship Cage Match... and Who's Next?

Time for the main event. Booker T would defend the World Heavyweight Title from the former champion Triple H. The match was brutal and only minutes into it both men had utilised the cage as a weapon and both champion and challenger were wearing the proverbial crimson mask. Booker looked to take the win by climbout when he kicked a pursuing Triple H in the head making him fall to the mat, but young Randy Orton put a stop to that when he quickly ascended the cage from the outside and knocked Booker back in. Soon enough Orton and Flairwere in the ring and it was a three on one! Booker soon dispatched Flair and Orton with a Scissors Kick to Orton and a BookEnd to Flair! Unfortunatly he then walked right into a Sledghammer to the face from Triple H! Which is when Booker gained an unlikely saviour in the form of Goldberg! Goldberg entered the ring and delivered the Spear and then the Jackhammer to Triple H before placing Booker atop him. Booker kept the title and as Goldberg left the cage he grabbed the mic and proclaimed "Triple H... YOU'RE NEXT!"

RAW Match Results

KOTR - Tommy Dreamer def Mark Henry

KOTR - Lance Storm def Rob Van Dam

KOTR - Goldust def Chief Morley

KOTR - Christian def Al Snow

Randy Orton def Kane

Booker T def Triple H in a Cage Match to retain World Heavyweight Title

Overall Rating = 74%

I've decided to do away with preview for TV shows for the time being. They're not really needed and I don't have that much time on my hands ATM.

WWE Smackdown!

8th May 2003

Tag Team Number One Contenders

The number one contenders for the tag team titles at Judgment Day would be decided in a tag match between the FBI's Chuck Palumbo and Johnny Stamboli and Chris Benoit with rookie partner Nick Dinsmore. Benoit and Dinsmore won the match, but not without controversy. First it was Nunzio who tried to help his friends win the match, but Benoit's friend Rhyno put a stop to that by Goring Nunzio! He then Gored Palumbo which allowed Dinsmore to get the pin! Later, in the back Rhyno told Benoit that he was fine with the new arrangment and he has their back all the way.

Judgement Day Match altered and the Cruiserweight Title... Version 1.0?

Matt Hardy V1 and the Cruiserweight Champion, Shannon Moore came to the ring, Hardy carrying a black sack. Hardy revealed a replica of the WWE Cruiserweight Title with a white "V1" stuck on it! He said that it was the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Version 1.0, superior in everyway to the original. Current General manager Stephanie McMahon came out and told Hardy that just like he won'y be handed a belt, he won't be aloud to make his own. She said if he could defend the 'new belt' tonight it would become a legitimate title until Judgment Day where the two would be unified in a triple threat match also involving Rey Mysterio. So moments later out came Hardy's challenger.. the Flamboyant Rico! After a good match, which saw Rico really get the crowd behind him, Shannon Moore intervened and hit Rico with HIS title allowing Hardy to get the pin and the win. After the match Rey Mysterio ran to the ring and cleared it of Hardy and Moore. Stephanie then came out and officially announced the Judgment Day title match and said it would be a Ladder Match with both belts hanging above the ring!

Coming Soon...

During Smackdown! a video played showing the return of Sylvain Grenier. It showed clips of his corrupt refereeing at No Way Out and Wrestlemania XIX.

A Challenge and a Six Man Tag Match

A huge six man tag team match took place pitting WWE Champion Brock Lesnar and Los Guerreros against John Cena and WWE Tag Champions Team Angle. Earlier in the night a few things had happened leading up to this match. Team Angle had promised Kurt Angle that they would take out his Judgment Day opponent for him. Also earlier in the night a furious Eddie Guerrero challenged John Cena to a re-match a Judgment Day! The cocky Cena accepted right away. Back to the match.. Team Angle promised to take Lesnar out and they certainly did. On the outside of the ring they waffled his head between their two title belts before giving him a Double Suplex through the announce table! Back in the ring John Cena delivered the F-U to Chavo Guerrero! Eddie then went into the ring with a steel chair, hit the floor with it, tossed it to Cena and dropped to the ground. The referee turned around and DQ'ed a shocked Cena!

Hulk Hogan vs Paul Heyman!

After setting up a masterful scheme last week Paul Heyman was forced to eat his words this week when he went one on one with the Legendary Hulk Hogan! Of course Big Show and A-Train tried to interfere, but Hogan fought them off long enough to Leg Drop Heyman for the victory. After the match the two big men assaulted Hogan and he finally fell victim to a Chokeslam. Afterwards Show issued a challenge for next week.... a WrestleMania III Style Body Slam challenge!

Angle vs 'Taker and the attacker revealed

Earlier in the night Nathan Jones promised he would discover the identity of Taker's attacker and he would come and tell him as soon as he does. The night went on and it was main event time. Kurt Angle and The Undertaker both showed why they deserve to be in the main event with an awesome display. Late in the match Taker looked to have the upper hand and after a Chokeslam he was letting Angle ge tup and looked to be stalking him for the Tombstone Piledriver. Which is when Nathan Jones rushed to the ring, who had apparently discovered the identity of Undertaker's attacke from a few weeks ago. The truth soon became very apparent when the two were stood face to face in the ring and Jones nailed Taker with a Huge Spinning Heel Kick! Jones left and Angle capitalised scoring the pin. After the match, Jones returned to the ring and smacked Taker in the head with a Steel Chair! He then hit his own version of the Chokeslam on Taker right onto the chair!

Smackdown! Match Results

Chris Benoit and Nick Dinsmore def FBI to become number one contenders

Matt Hardy V1 def Rico to retain WWE Cruiserweight Title V1

Brock Lesnar and Los Guerreros def John Cena and Team Angle

Hulk Hogan def Paul Heyman

Kurt Angle def Undertaker

Overall Rating = 79%

EDIT: Just a note, future shows will contain more detail as before but its just getting back into the swing of things.

Edited by A.V.E.N.G.E.D.

WRESTLING NEWS AND RUMOURS

OVW News, future plans and more.

In Ohio Valley Wrestling it has been reported that Matt Morgan has been growing his hair and beard to quite a long length and sources say he has been working with a linguist of some kind.

Sylvain Grenier was originally going to debut in the Hogan/Show match at Judgment Day, however that idea was nixed as its belived he isn't over enough to make enough of an impact in such a big match.

Officials are very pleased with Smackdown! as it continues to come off as a better show than RAW more often than not. The Cruiserweight division is certainly getting a good reaction, and the decision to make the JD match a Ladder Match was because of this.

Below are some spoilers including some tentative plans for the next few months, take them for what they're worth... sources aren't always reliable.

Bradshaw will return to Smackdown! next week.

Lesnar is slated to beat Angle and retain the belt, and then go on to feud with Cena, while Angle will go to RAW and feud with Booker T into the summer.

Booker T's opponent at Bad Blood will be Chris Jericho most likely, expect Booker to retain and go on to the aforementioned Title match with Angle at Summerslam.

WWE Velocity

10th May 2003

The show opened with Kanyon getting an easy victory over Scotty 2 Hotty before a recap of Hogan vs Heyman from Smackdown! Next up Rikishi defeated Shannon Moore via DQ when Moore hit him with his title belt. A-Train destroyed Funaki in a quick match and then beat him down afterwards. Then Nathan Jones was shown turning on Undertaker from SD! before the cruiserweight main event. The team of Kidman and Rico beat Nunzio and Crash when Rico nailed a Spinkick on Crash.

Velocity Match Results

Rico and Billy Kidman def Nunzio and Crash Holly

Rikishi def Shannon Moore via DQ

A-Train def Funaki

Chris Kanyon def Scotty 2 Hotty

Overall Rating = 72%

WWE Heat

11th May 2003

Lita beat Molly Holly with the Twist Of fate to kick off Heat before a RAW Recap of Jericho and Christian's ambush on Nash and Micheals. Rodney Mack made the Hurricane tap out and then Christopher Nowinski beat Al Snow with a rollup and handful of tights. The RAW main event was shown before the Dudleyz defeated 3 Minute Warning in the Tag Team Table main event.

Heat Match Results

Dudleyz def 3 Min Warning in a Tables Match

Christopher Nowinski def Al Snow

Rodney Mack def The Hurricane

Lita def Molly Holly

Overall Rating = 81%

Guest Rabidwolverine36

Great diary man, I like how your not building your brand shows around one feud. Youve got me intrested in everything your writing. Im liking the Dinsmore/Benoit/Rhyno angle and I think it could be a suprise with Rhyno and Dinsmore possibly turning on Benoit. I would mark out for that. Kepp it up good work.

• 11 months later...