TNA: The Prodical Son

deanitude

- Good planning for the X-Division. It's a shame about A.J Styles injury, but shit happens. Sometimes I see injuries as a good thing, as it really gets to challenge your ability of booking on the fly when you had no back-up plans just incase. Nice to see Austin Aries getting a push as a result of it. Hopefully that Styles/Aries match comes soon when Styles returns from injury.

- For some reason, I like how you plan out the dark matches with the guys. Makes the diary seem more realistic, and not just focusing on the stars. Never really saw that from anyone before.

- I smell a future with Mr. Dean & SoCal Val. Even if she is out of his league.

- A small complaint, but maybe you could put a divider or so between your real life situations backstage, the show, and breaks between events in the show. Makes it easier to read.

- Nice touch on the continuity with the suits comments. I laughed.

- The Raven/Christian Cage segment was pretty decent. I like the back and forth going in between these two. Hopefully you have a feud lined up for them after Victory Road not involving Jeff Jarrett, as both men mesh together, and either could play the face or heel.

- Mike Sanders DOES rule on commentating.

- Good opening match to get the show started. I always love six-man tag action. It'd be better if you seperated some of the big actions in the match into paragraphs, but nevertheless, a good way to open the show on a wrestling tip. Nice build to Abyss/Rhino as well.

- And now, what you've been destined to do, the X-Division. I liked the segment between Daniels, Aries & Senshi, as it was realistically short, sweet, and straight to the point. Senshis' kicks rules, too.

- The Jeff Jarrett promo was actually pretty good. It was rather short for my tasting, but I guess that's why it was pre-taped. Good, strong promo building to him wanting the championship again.

- LOL @ Sanders trying to knock Sting off the rafters with a piece of paper. Crow Sting is always the best, and I can't wait to see the wrath he unleases on Samoa Joe. Give West and Tenay the boot and have Sanders become a one-man team. Sting throwing the bat at him was gold as well.

- The Sting promo was just awesome. I've seen very few people book Sting right on the mic as well as in the ring, but you've nailed it. It really got me even more interested in seeing Samoa Joe/Sting at Victory Road. I like Joe's reaction to Sting as well, as he wasn't even feared by it. Really strong promo for Sting.

- Didn't really get into the Senshi/Killings match. Never really liked Brown or Killings (I'm not racist). Hopefully you build their characters enough to make me want to see more from them.

- Dean gets a date? Ugh, everything's going TOO good for an unwanted child.

- Alex Shelley is indeed a star in the making. Him and Cornette have good chemistry, with Cornette's sort of laid back attitude. It'll be interesting to see how you pull off Shelley wrestling with one hand tied behind his back. Another strong segment.

- Pretty interesting squash for Raven/Jeff Hardy. I didn't really expect them to squash AMW like that, but like you said, if they are going to the WWE, why bother pushing them? Just hope that plan doesn't backfire. Didn't expect to see Chris Jericho appear, but it's all good.

And now... the predictions. Full with reasoning, so I don't get a warning, of course.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Raven © vs. ‘Captain Charisma’ Christian Cage vs. ‘King of the Mountain’ Jeff Jarrett

Reason: The reason I picked Raven is, he's long overdue a good title run. I don't think the belt should be taken off of him just yet. Plus, you have a potential Raven/Chris Jericho feud in the brewing, as well as another Raven/Cage match. That can keep him busy for at least the next two months. I figure Chris Jericho will play some part in the outcome.

TNA X-Division Championship

Senshi © vs. ‘The Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels

Reason: Like Raven, Senshi makes a good champion, and I think it's too early for the belt to go on him as well. Daniels did make the build-up for this match better, and I think he'll take it for something later on...

No Holds Barred Grudge Match

‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe vs. Sting

Reason: While Sting, based off that promo alone on the last iMPACT! could realistically go over, he has the perfect oppurtunity to make a star out of Joe. It's Joe's time now, so this was a pretty easy prediction.

Open Contract Match

‘The Alpha Male’ Monty Brown vs. Opponent TBA

Reason: I picked Monty, because based on my prediction for who the opponent will be, I think a certain someone will interfere and cost him the match, leading to Ron Killings making the save.

Austin Aries vs. A.J Styles Opponent TBA

Reason: Pretty much gave the outcome away in your segments with Dean & SoCal Val.

X-Division Rankings Match

(Alex Shelley must have one hand tied behind his back)

Alex Shelley vs. Roderick Strong vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Sabin

Reason: I think you've build up Alex Shelley too much to not have him go over here. Like you said, you need to make him a star immediately, and I'm predicting he takes this match and the X-Division title later on in the show.

Bonus Questions

1. What order will the matches be in? (If Alex Shelley wins his X-Division rankings match, his TNA X-Division Title match will count as the original match in placement)

a. X-Division Rankings Match

b. Austin Aries vs TBA

c. Open Contract Match

d. X-Division Title Match

e. Samoa Joe vs Sting

f. NWA World Heavyweight Title Match

2. How many (if any) title changes will take place?

3. Who will Monty Brown’s opponent be?

Rhino

4. Who will replace AJ Styles in his match against Austin Aries?

Ultimo Dragon

5. Will Chris Jericho make an appearance? If so, when?

Yes, in the NWA World Heavyweight title match.

Victory Road PPV Line-up

Raven © vs. ‘Captain Charisma’ Christian Cage vs. ‘King of the Mountain’ Jeff Jarrett

I think Jericho will swerve by screwing Christian Cage so he can personally be the one to take the title off of Raven, and then will attack Raven after the match.

Senshi will probably win just to put him over as a bigger star instead of exadurate what an already huge star 'The Fallen Angel' already is by making him a double champion

Sorry Stinger but I don't see you as being the one that breaks Joe's undefeated record. Maybe by Countout or DQ but definitly not by pinfall or submission.

Open Contract Match

I'm an Alpha-Male mark and I'm hoping he goes over whoever you bring in just to keep his winning streak intact.

Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles Opponent TBA

It's got to be someone good to try and avenge the fallen AJ Styles, so I see him getting the win, even if Roderick Strong, Aries and maybe Abyss double/triple team him after the match

The match comes down to Shelley very closely getting the win only to recieve the Cradle Shock and get beat.

1. What order will the matches be in? (If Alex Shelley wins his X-Division rankings match, his TNA X-Division Title match will count as the original match in placement)

a. Opening Match - Alpha-Male vs. whoever

b. Match 2 - X-Division Ranking Match

c. Match 3 - Austin Aries vs. whoever

d. Match 4 - Samoa Joe vs. Sting

e. Match 5 - X-Division Title Match

f. Main Event - Raven/Jarrett/Cage

2. How many (if any) title changes will take place? - None

3. Who will Monty Brown’s opponent be? - Ken Shamrock

4. Who will replace AJ Styles in his match against Austin Aries? - Pete Gruner aka Billy Kidman

5. Will Chris Jericho make an appearance? If so, when? - Screwing Christian Cage and then attacking Raven after his match.

Victory Road PPV Line-up

Raven is due a good run on top, and I don't think you would have had him win the belt on Impact if you weren't gonna give him a decent run

To build Senshi up as a good champion

To keep the streak going, but I do see more match's in this fued, sting's promo was awesome and the sanders sting thing also rocked

Open Contract Match

Just someone to put Brown over

Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles Opponent TBA

You gave it away

I smell a hardy push

a. Opening Match: Rankings match

b. Match 2 : Aries-TBA

c. Match 3 Brown-TBA

d. Match 4 X Division Title Match

e. Match 5 Joe-Sting

f. Main Event NWA Title

2. How many (if any) title changes will take place? None

3. Who will Monty Brown’s opponent be? Ken Shamrock, I remember him using the lions den as a phrase

4. Who will replace AJ Styles in his match against Austin Aries? I was gonna say Kidman but he had a pretty decent WWE run so i'll say Ultimo Dragon

5. Will Chris Jericho make an appearance? If so, when?

Yes in the main event

THE ASSISTANT

“Look… I made the decision to bring you in here… I am your boss… and you will NOT supersede my authority!"

I had been sat here now… for nearly half an hour. Getting a verbal beating for not going through the ‘proper channels’ to book my section of Victory Road. Either Dixie was a bitch… or she was suffering from constant PMS… my guess is a bit of both.

“You think you own this damn company? You don’t. You think I brought you here to fuck with me? I didn’t. You think I gave you a job in this company… IN MY FUCKING COMPANY… so you could lose me money?!”

I looked around the room at the five other people in it. Sophie, staying as far away from Dixie as humanly possible, was seemingly disinterested in Dixie’s arguments and was nose-deep in various paperwork. Jeff and Scott were watching silently as Dixie blew her top and verbally ripped me a new one. Tenay and Sanders were going over some last minute preparation… although I did catch Sanders sniggering at Dixie’s over the top outburst.

Basically, all this stemmed from Dixie hearing about me bringing in a new guy to replace AJ Styles in his match with Austin Aries. I don’t think she even knew the full story… but here she was, in full bitch-mode. How we shared the same blood… I don’t even know.

I had been sitting down discussing some final day preparations with Jeff and Scott when the doors had flown open and she came storming in, looking like she was going to kill me. I had to ask her just what her problem was.

“What’s my problem?! You! You are my fucking problem! I brought you in here, gave you a direction in life, and what do you do? You try to screw me over.”

I was taken aback for a second… what?

“How exactly did I do that?”

This seemed to push her over the edge.

“How?! How? Do you think that I don’t watch my own company’s television show? What the hell was the deal with booking a match of your own accord? You think you own this company?”

I was stunned.

“What match? Me and Scott had…”

I could see fire in her eyes.

“What match?! How about replacing AJ Styles in his match without even informing anyone of your decision? How about bringing in an outsider to appear on our pay per view show… without even telling me?”

I shrugged.

“Dixie… Aries was happy with it, Jeff, Jerry and Scott were. Hell, even Sophie agreed it was the right decision to give Aries and match and postpone his match with AJ. So… what exactly did I do wrong?”

She knew I was right, but that didn’t stop her from continuing.

“Just remember who the boss is! Remember who signs your checks and keeps you here. Do not supersede my authority again or I will kick you out of here so fast that your ass wont even realise it has left the building. Do we understand each other?”

I shrugged and nodded as Dixie turned towards Sophie and sneered.

“And you. You knew about this?”

Sophie looked confused and just nodded.

“You never thought to tell me?”

Sophie shook her head.

“I thought that…”

“Yeah well obviously that thought was wrong… you’re fired.”

Sophie had a look of shock and utter devastation as tears began to well up in her eyes. Dixie was really a bitch.

“You heard me. You disobeyed a direct order to report all his (pointing to me) business decisions to me… you cut the chain of command. I have no choice but to terminate your employment as of this very minute.”

I felt it was my turn to jump in.

"Dixie... what the fuck are you doing? You can't fire Sophie... she didn't do anything wrong!"

Dixie turned towards me and snarled.

“Nothing wrong? She hired a free-lance worker without consulting me first. It was either her or you, and since Daddy seems to want you round here... I'm just gonna have to fire her. Just take this as a warning... do not fuck me over again… or I will have you ass.”

She turned on her heel and left. Leaving behind a room full of stunned and shocked people, one crying woman, and one seriously pissed of guy.

I turned towards Sophie who had her head buried in her hands. I could see her shaking and hear her sobs. It broke my heart.

Lightbulb.

You ever been hit with an unbelieveable thunderbolt that just smacks you on the head? It was so simple… it was obvious. It was genius.

I turned towards Sophie.

“Soph?”

I waited for a few seconds… getting no reply.

“Soph?”

Bingo! She wiped her eyes and looked up at me.

“W-What?”

I smiled.

“It seems to me that you need a job.”

She frowned and another tear rolled down her cheek.

“This isn’t a time to joke Dean.”

I smiled and shrugged.

“I wasn’t joking… I've never been more serious in my life. I need an assistant, you need a job. Hell, I cant do all this crap by myself.”

She looked at me strangely… I could see her brain working as she debated my proposition. Finally she started crying again and threw herself across the room. I thought she was going to kill me… she dived and grabbed me… for a hug?!

Yep, that’s right. A hug. With her head buried in my chest and now uncontrollably sobbing I just out my arms around her and looked at the other guys who were now smirking.

“I take it… that’s a yes?”

Well… I did need an assistant, and I had come to see Sophie as a friend… in a time when I could count my friends on one hand… and still have about four fingers left.

Problem solved.

Now all I had to do was sit back and cross my fingers. The show was barely 2 hours away.

Guys… make me proud.

[Fear not my faithful followers... Victory Road is nearing completion and should be posted in around 3 to four hours... depending on some last minute changes. Love and Kisses... Dean]

Edited by deanitude

The Complication

It had been a little under an hour since I had hired (or rehired) Sophie, and she still hadn’t stopped talking about it. There was gratitude, and then there was Sophie’s gratitude.

“You want some water? Can I get you a sandwich? You need anything?”

I rolled my eyes.

“No thanks Sophie… I’m good.”

“You sure? I can go get you some…”

I held up my hand.

“Soph… I’m good… honestly. Why don’t you sit down and watch the dark matches with me.”

I was now sat in my small office. It wasn’t much, Dixie seemed to take pleasure in handing me the keys to it. I still remember her sneer when she opened the door to show me the room for the first time.

“My TV would barely fit in this little hole.”

I smiled and looked around at what would be my office. To be honest I liked it. A small desk and chair, two medium sized black sofas, and a decent sized television. While it wasn’t big… to me it was perfect. My own space… my own sanctuary amongst the havoc of TNA Wrestling. My place to escape… and that’s what I was trying to do now. Unfortunately… Sophie didn’t seem to understand that.

“Are you sure you’re OK? I can go get you some water or something…”

I looked up from my laying position on one of the black sofas… the table was filled with bottled water, various finger foods and some variety of green mushy crap. Health food junk… Sophie’s, not mine. I don’t know… women and their diet fads. Give me a greasy slice of pizza over a bowl of green mush any day.

“No Soph… I’m fine. Really.”

She shrugged and sat down on the opposite couch.

“So… how’s things with you and Val? Heard she gave you her number.”

She giggled and I could instantly tell what she was thinking.

“Don’t look at me like that Soph… I called her, yeah, but there was no answer.”

“Didn’t you leave a message?”

I shrugged.

“And say what? ‘Oh! Hi Val… blah blah blah’ Screw that. I just hung up.”

Sophie looked at me like I was crazy.

“How many times did you call her?”

“Just once.”

“You only called her ONCE?!”

She looked almost as shocked as she did when Dixie had fired her. Her eyes looked like they had tripled in size… I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Yeah, why? She’ll be here for the show soon anyways.”

She leant forwards and looked me dead in the eye.

“She gave you her number at the taping on Tuesday… and you only called her once?”

I shrugged and took a quick mouthful of water.

“Yeah. Waited a few days, called her on Friday morning… there was no answer.”

She seemed incredulous… like she truly didn’t believe what she’s just heard.

“You waited three days… and then you only called her once… are you an idiot?”

I was confused.

“What? It’s not like I didn’t call her.”

“Actually… since you didn’t even leave a message… she probably has absolutely no idea that you called her.”

I was indifferent… I mean… I had called her… and she’d be at the studio soon anyway.

I turned back to the screen and yawned.

The live feed from ringside had started a few minutes ago, some dark matches with a few workers I didn’t recognise. A big guy, who looked pretty green, and some smaller guys that looked like twins. The match was bad, but the following dark matches were guaranteed to be better. I mean how could Petey Williams and Bobby Roode facing off against AMW possibly be a bad match?

Exactly.

I yawned again and closed my eyes as Sophie continued to do some of the paperwork I had asked her to do. Basically just the X-Division guys and their various match records. Nothing too hard… but something I really didn’t want to do.

I was awakened by a knock at my door and I must have jumped out of my seat because, before I knew it, I was on my feet and Sophie was laughing.

“Took a little nap, huh?”

In my drowsy state I just ignored her and walked to the door, opening it to reveal the lovely face of the woman I had called only once.

That lovely face belonged to none other than So-Cal Val.

Her eyes seemed to brighten up when she saw me and she ran towards me with a hug.

“Deeeeeeeean!”

I hugged her back and laughed.

“Uh… hey Val.”

I released the hug and she smiled a big bright smile… one that could light up the room.

“You need some company to watch the show?”

I smiled and motioned towards Sophie who turned and waved.

“Actually, we’re gonna be pretty busy during the show… so we wont be the best company. You’re welcome to watch it with us though.”

She scrunched up her nose and shook her head.

“Ewww work! Ha-ha! No thanks… I’ll just watch it in the catering area.”

I was about to ask her to come sit in with us for the duration of the dark matches when suddenly a pair of hands appeared at her waist and a man’s arms encircled her from behind. She turned and smiled.

“Hey Vee, I’m going to get my gear on… Oh hey Boss-man!”

The man smiled at me while I stood there dumbfounded… here was the girl of my dreams… and she was looking lovingly up at another guy. A guy with black/blonde hair… a guy with superb wrestling ability… a guy who was possibly the future of the X-Division… Alex Shelley.

At first I thought they were just being overfriendly… that is until my worst fears were realised. Val turned… and in what seemed like slow motion to my eyes… planted a big wet tongue-infested kiss on my X-Division guy. I still hadn’t spoken… and Alex raised an eyebrow.

“Uh… Dean… you ok man?”

I regained my composure and smiled.

Yeah, yeah. I’m good… just got a lot on my mind ya know. So… you ready for the show?”

I still couldn’t get that kiss out of my mind. Alex and Val? No way.

“You know me Boss-man… I aim to please. I’m a modest, awesome, amazingly brilliant guy. Your next TNA X-Division champion… Alex Shelley…”

He smiled and walked away, pulling Val with him… they disappeared from my view and I was just about to close the door when he reappeared.

“…Shelley!”

I couldn’t help but laugh. It was impossible to dislike Alex… even if he was currently involved (or so I guessed) with Val.

“Seriously though D, I want to thank you.”

I laughed.

“Thank me for what?”

He shrugged.

“For giving me a chance… for convincing Jeff to give me the host segment… and for actually believing that I can get over without having to play second fiddle to someone else.”

I was shocked at how he could turn from kooky to sincere… but he did it. I could have been an ass… but I really liked Alex… he was a great guy. If he was with Val… then I was happy for both of them.

Dammit. Why did that guy have to be so fuckin’ nice?!

I shook his hand.

“Give me a reason to continue that push… I wouldn’t want to have you go back to jobbing for Goldylocks now would I? Huh? Baby Bear.”

He grabbed his chest and stumbled backwards with a sharp intake of breath.

“Oh… Oh! D… that was below the belt, man! You cut me deep. You cut me deep, man.”

I laughed and shook his hand as he left to change into his ring gear.

I checked my watch.

35 minutes until Showtime.

Edited by deanitude

IPB Image

It was just over twenty minutes later when Scott entered my office… he seemed to be in a bit of a rush so he just stood in the doorway as he spoke.

‘The Coach’ Scott D’Amore: “Ok Dean. We’re kicking this thing off in a little less than ten minutes. You got your copy of the line-up?”

I held up my piece of paper with the matches on.

‘The Coach’ Scott D’Amore: “Good. You got the booking sheets?”

I picked up several sheets of paper from my table. All stapled and neat.

‘The Coach’ Scott D’Amore: “Ok Kid, you’re all set. Just keep the door open in-case we need you for something ok?”

I nodded and Scott turned to leave… he stopped and turned back.

‘The Coach’ Scott D’Amore: “Don’t forget your X-Division guys… you talked to them?”

I nodded and laughed.

“Scott… everything is under control… I can hand it.”

He laughed and turned away.

‘The Coach’ Scott D’Amore: “I knew you’d have it all under control… but your sister is so far up my ass I can barely move without her bitching.”

Both myself and Sophie smiled as Scott walked down the corridor.

The truth was I’d briefed the X-Division guys earlier in the morning, before the whole Dixie/Sophie thing even happened. I told then what I’d been telling them for weeks now… to show the world what they can do. To show all the non-believers that the little guys are the future of the business. Most important of all… to show WWE fans an alternative to seeing the little guys on their shows being squashed and held down. Do you even realise that 80% of top-rope moves have been banned in WWE now. Luckily for us… we have no rules… no limitations… and with our 6-sided ring… we have 6 different launching pads for possible aerial attacks.

To blatantly rip off a phrase from a promotion not unlike TNA…

THE FUTURE IS NOW.

It’s time to blow some minds.

Hoo-Rah! (Yeah I hate The Miz too)

-----------------------

Only a few minutes had passed before the live feed sparked to life with a huge (and I mean enormous) fireworks display followed by a deafening chant of ‘TNA! TNA!’ I still hate TNA fans though. It’s merely seconds SECONDS… before we cut to our fabulous three man announcing team.

The three amigos, Los Trios, Team Fashion… TWS.

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay, ‘DW’ Don West, and of course… everyone’s favourite announcer… ‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders.

Team Fashion consists of Mike Tenay’s prom tuxedo… with a yellow (YELLOW?!) bow-tie… and Don West wearing a purple shirt, and orange tie. This just in… Don West gets dressed in the dark. Sanders, however, must have struck a deal with some fashion bigwigs… as he oozes star-power in his black suit, black open collar shirt combo. No crappy tie for Mikey S.

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Hello everybody and welcome to what promises to be a huge night in the history of TNA. 6 huge matches… each one could possibly alter the course of TNA.”

‘DW’ Don West: “You are so right, Mike! All 6 matches could drastically alter the face of TNA. We’ve got our main event for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, a huge match pitting the future against the past as ‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe faces off against the man they call Sting.”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Two huge matches, but there’s four more… a huge X-Division championship match… with ‘The Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels attempting to win the X-Division title once again as he faces the champion… Senshi. Also, a huge open contract match… with ‘The Alpha Male’ Monty Brown facing off against an opponent to be announced.”

‘DW’ Don West: “Not forgetting Austin Aries going toe-to-toe with a hand picked replacement for the injured AJ Styles.”

Sanders clears his throat.

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Ahem… if I could get a word in please. Thanks. Tonight promises to be a huge night of wrestling… but let’s take a moment to remember the people who couldn’t be here with us tonight… like Juventud Guerrera… cos Joe killed him! Hahahaha.”

Tenay and West groan.

‘DW’ Don West: “Oh please!”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Let me apologise for the first… and definitely not last time… for my colleague’s lack of respect.”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Don’t apologise to these people… their mothers should be the ones apologising to me for giving birth to them. You know today I got approached by an autograph seeker who thought I was actually Brad Pitt? I mean please… Brad Pitt’s got nothin’ on me.”

More eye rolls follow as we hear ‘HAIL SABIN’ and our first match is here.

Match 1: X-Division Rankings Match

Chris Sabin vs. Roderick Strong vs. Alex Shelley vs. Jeff Hardy

Sabin enters the ring after his, somewhat crappy, entrance music dies down and he sits awaiting his opponents. Next up… Roderick Strong. ‘Mr Backbreaker’.

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Let me remind you ‘people’ back home… that Juventud Guerrera was originally scheduled to appear in this match… but due to unforeseen circumstances…”

-cough-Joe killed him-cough-

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “… that wont be happening.”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “For once, my friend here at the announcing team is right. Juvi has been replaced by ‘The Enigma’ Jeff Hardy. Also, as of this Thursday’s iMPACT, Alex Shelley must have one hand tied behind his back at all times from bell to bell.”

Strong hits the ring and stands looking like a caged animal as ‘Paparazzi productions’ begin rolling and here comes host of ‘ShellShock TV’ and all around star in the making Alex Shelley.

All we need now is a former drug addict covered in paint.

Oh… and here comes one now!

And nooooooooow here is our X-Division rankings match.

We begin with Mr. Hardy and Mr. Sabin. The freakin’ turnbuckle has more charisma than these guys. Let’s hope their wrestling skills are better than their hair styling techniques. Jeff uses a basement dropkick to the knee of Sabin instead of the traditional handshake. Who does Jeff think he is… Ric Flair? Pssh. Sabin goes down clutching his leg as Jeff continues with inflicting pain to his lower extremities with the dreaded KICK to the leg!

Oh my God! That was hardcore. And that… that was sarcasm. Jeff continues working on the leg of Sabin as he hits a Twist of Fate(?!) to the leg. Unique. Someone has obviously been teaching Jeff some PSYCHOLOGY. Wow. Seems like someone has forgot to teach Sabin the art of selling, however, as he reverses a whip and hits a superkick with the leg that Hardy just annihilated. Nicely done Sabin. Ass. That just looked bad.

--------------

“I can’t believe Sabin… what the hell is wrong with him… I spent all this morning telling the guys to get rid of the ‘no-selling spot monkeys’ tag… and he cant even sell a leg injury for more than thirty seconds…”

Sophie shrugged.

“Hey, you basically told him to tear the house down this morning… he has a lot on his mind. Don’t worry… he’ll come good.”

I turned back to the television…

----------------

Hardy had just reversed a suplex attempt with a legsweep (is that all one word? Who knows), and Sabin was down. Hardy picked Sabin up and whipped him to the ropes where he was blind tagged by Alex. Sabin leaves the ring and finally (finally!) begins selling the leg injury. About frickin’ time.

Alex of course has his left hand tied behind his back and replays reveal that he tagged Jeff Hardy with his head… is that even legal? Ref says yes. Refs are idiots.

Anyway… I digress.

Alex Shelley dives straight at an unsuspecting Hardy with a running… spinning (or roaring if you prefer… either way it only uses one arm) elbow. We have our first two count of the match, and somewhere Masato Tanaka is screaming at the television.

‘Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Only a two count from Shelley… he couldn’t hook the leg with only one arm.”

Sanders once again makes Tenay look like an idiot.

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Actually Mike… I believe Shelley could of used his own legs to hook the legs of Hardy… I think he just wants Jeff to expend some energy… either that or he just wanted to lie down for a while. Wrestling is a tiring business MT.”

Alex climbs to his feet as the ref checks his arm is still secured to the back of his trunks. Nice touch. Shelley waits for Hardy to stand before nailing him with a step up Enziguri right to the back of the head. Hardy is down… and Shelley is complaining about getting paint on his shoe! Classic. Shelley wipes his paint-marked shoe on the refs back as the ref checks on Hardy. I love Alex Shelley. A Sanders/Shelley tag-team would be beyond awesome.

Alex grabs Hardy with his right hand and tries to pick him up. Hardy sandbags and Shelley cant lift him with just the one hand. Nice use of the stipulation to add to the match rather than detract from it. Shelley shrugs and kicks Hardy in the head. That’ll teach ‘em.

Shelley waits for Hardy to get to his feet, which seems to take an age… so Shelley begins playing paper-rock-scissor with the ref. Shelley is awesome. Hardy finally staggers to his feet and barely dodges a charging Shelley who runs face-first into the turnbuckle and falls backwards… directly into a reverse Twist of Fate by Hardy.

Watch out Alex!

Hardy refuses to go for the pin, instead pointing to the top rope… and beginning his ascension. Meanwhile… Shelley is still down on the mat. Fortunately for Alex… Roderick Strong is sick of waiting on the apron and begins laying into Sabin on the outside. Strong smashes Sabin’s knee into the guardrail and then climbs back up to his proper place awaiting a tag.

The distraction allows Alex time to recover and crotch Hardy on the top rope. No more Hardy Ballz. At least now he can’t do a Lita and screw Matt. Ha-ha. Anyway… Alex grabs a hold of Jeff’s hair… but gets a hand full of paint for his troubles. What is it with Jeff Hardy and paint? It doesn’t look cool… it looks weird. Alex sees the big clump of paint in his hand and in a scene which will no doubt be repeated by WWE in a few weeks… rubs his paint covered hand over the eyes of Jeff. Brilliant. Simple, but genius. Hardy is reaching out blindly to try and grab Shelley while still suffering the effects of the ball breaker.

Shelley tries for a top rope ShellShock but can’t lift Hardy with just one hand. Shelley does a one armed shrug and now just grabs Hardy and DESTROYS him with a Stunner from the tope rope. That would be our first three count of the night.

Elimination 1: Jeff Hardy via pinfall after 5:24

The ref shows some great remorse for the near-dead Jeff Hardy… as he just rolls him out of the ring.

Mental Note: Don’t invite Mike Posey to my funeral if that’s how he treats the recently deceased.

We get about a million slow-mo replays of the top rope Stunner and some valuable insight from Don West.

‘DW’ Don West: “That Stunner just finished off Jeff Hardy.”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Wow. Nothing gets past you, Don.”

Meanwhile, we’re back in the ring as Shelley tags out to Roderick strong… meaning that Strong and Chris Sabin are now the legal men. Of course, Sabin is a one-legged man… and a one-legged man cannot possibly win a wrestling match… just ask Zach Gowen. Strong whips Sabin to the ropes, but this time SABIN SELLS (BAH GAWD!) and falls to the mat clutching his knee.

Shelley, meanwhile, is trying to start a one-armed Mexican wave on the apron. You can bet that Sanders enjoys that.

Strong laughs at Sabin and bends down to slap him in the face. It’s not exactly a backbreaker… but we’re getting there.

Sabin struggles to climb to his feet… er… foot. But his leg is once again destroyed as Strong flattens him with a chop block. I thought Clipping was illegal?

Sabin goes down faster than Stephanie McMahon at the Christmas Party.

Strong turns away laughing as Sabin crawls (a one-legged crawl) across the ring and tags in an unsuspecting Alex Shelley.

Shelley turns away from the crowd and looks down to where Sabin has just tagged him and mouths a very visible “Fuck”. Nice.

Shelley climbs in the ring and Strong offers him a test of strength. Shelley looks at both Strong’s hands and his one hand decides it’s had enough… and flips Strong the bird.

Strong smiles before grabbing Shelley and YES! We have our first backbreaker of the night! Superb.

Strong turns away and taunts the crowd as Shelley jumps right back to his feet? What the hell?

Shelley smirks and points with his free hand to his back.

Replays show that the backbreaker was blocked by Shelley’s tied-up hand.

Awesome touch.

Strong turns round, snarls and wipes out Shelley with a clothesline before spitting on Shelley and mouthing “Block that… BITCH!”

Generation Next break down.

Strong covers a near lifeless Shelley but doesn’t even get a one count? Shelley’s tied-up arm is preventing his shoulders from being pinned to the mat!

To say this pissed Strong off is an understatement as he turns Shelley over and ties up Shelley’s free arm behind his back too.

Shelley is armless!

Strong now stalks Shelley as he groggily gets back to his feet… and notices both his arms are now tied behind his back. He shouts at the ref about how Cornette only said one arm before he is turned and dropped with a vertical suplex. Strong move by Strong. Ha-ha.

Shelley is down is Strong locks in the Stronghold! The elevated Boston Crab! Shelley is so close to the ropes that he could grab them… if he didn’t have both his hands tied behind his back.

In another example of Alex Shelley genius… he gets the rope break… by using his teeth? Shelley bites the bottom rope to break the hold… once again let me reiterate my love for Alex Shelley.

Sabin sees Shelley biting the bottom rope… while the ref debates whether it’s a legal ropebreak or not.

Sabin decides to help Referee Mike Posey with his decision and hops off the apron, across to where Shelley is now struggling to hold onto the ropes with his teeth and smashes him across the face with a forearm.

With nothing to hold him back, Strong pulls Shelley into the centre of the ring and really pushes down on the Stronghold.

Shelley can’t use his hands to tap… so he taps out… using his head? The ref declares it a tap-out… so now it’s down to two.

Elimination 2: Alex Shelley via submission after 13:54

Strong waits for Sabin to get into the ring and instantly grabs him positioned for a half-nelson backbreaker. Sabin rolls out of the hold and nails Strong with a weird flipping kick... even weirder if you take into account that Sabin did that Pele-like kick on one leg. Although it wasn’t quite as good as a Pele kick... so we’ll call it… a Maradona kick. Strong gets up holding his head and is put in a headlock by Sabin… leaving him in perfect position for a backbreaker. Idiot. Strong possibly cripples Sabin with an elevated backbreaker. Sabin is down as Strong climbs the top-rope… waiting for Sabin to stand before diving off with an attempted clothesline. Unfortunately, Sabin counters it with a one-legged dropkick. Nice. Strong goes down and clutches his ribs, making an X sign with his hands as the referee rushes over to check on the possible serious injury.

Suddenly ABYSS appears in the ring behind Sabin(!!!???). WTF. Sabin turns around and is squished into paste with a huge… HUGE HUUUUUUUUGE Black Hole Slam! Abyss rolls out of the ring as Strong suddenly appears to feel better and climbs to his feet smiling.

Roderick Strong strolls over to Chris Sabin, who is still down on the canvas and locks him in the Stronghold! Sabin is out cold and leaves Mike Posey with no choice but to call for the bell. Submission victory!

Elimination 3: Chris Sabin via knock-out/submission after 20:23

Winner: Roderick Strong via submission after 20:23

Rating: *** ½ Simply a great, great match. Shelley’s arm stipulation really added to the match, and the interference of Abyss is an interesting development. I wonder what it’s leading to.

Nevertheless your winner and new number one contender for the X-Division title… Roderick Strong.

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “That win, albeit a tainted one, now means that on next weeks Impact… Roderick Strong will face the winner of Senshi/Daniels for the X-Division title.”

‘DW’ Don West: “We’ve seen a sort of alliance between Abyss and the team of Aries and Strong in recent weeks… it seems that Abyss came out here to ensure victory for his… well… friend.”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Hail Strong!”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Up next, we have what was scheduled to be Austin Aries facing AJ Styles. Unfortunately, due to an injury suffered by AJ… a replacement has been chosen to face Aries. That match up next, after we take a look at the new Samoa Joe DVD.”

-----------------

I gave an inward sigh of relief… the match was off the charts. Just a superb match. Shelley and Strong had been the main stars of the match no doubt… and we were off to a great start.

I turned my head and looked out at the corridor where Alex and Roderick were laughing about the match. I saw Val go over to Alex and give him a kiss as Sophie walked back into my office… I turned back to the TV to watch the brief DVD shill.

Sophie took a seat next to me and sat in silence.

I turned towards her and sighed.

“What is it Sophie.”

She swallowed and turned back to the TV.

“Val and Alex… are together.”

I shrugged.

“Yeah I guessed that.”

“She says she waited for your call but it never came, so she made an appearance at the PWG show. On the flight back she was sitting with Alex… and one thing led to another.”

I shrugged.

“She’s a grown woman… and Alex is a great guy. I hope they do well together.”

Sophie sighed and sat back in her seat as the show resumed.

-----------------

Aries was already in the ring… he’d been accompanied by ‘Father’ James Mitchell. That was… interesting… and sort-of officially declared the alliance of Mitchell, Abyss and Aries/Strong. He stood smiling as he awaited his opponent.

Some unfamiliar music sparks up over the in-house PA, a sort of oriental type guitar riff. Everyone was on their feet as a small masked wrestler walked out to the ring… wearing a green sparkly mask… and green sparkly tights… is perhaps the best Japanese lightweight worker of all time… ULTIMO DRAGON!

Match 2: Austin Aries vs. Ultimo Dragon

Tenay, West and Sanders were going ape-shit at the announce position.

‘DW’ Don West: “Ultimo Dragon! Oh my… God, Mike!”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “The former WCW Cruiserweight Champion… the Japanese legend… the masked enigma… Ultimo Dragon!”

As usual… Sanders isn’t impressed.

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Ultimo Dragon? He’s Japanese right? I wonder if he was cleared to wrestle here…”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “What do you mean?”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Well… you know S.A.R.S and Bird-flu…”

Tenay gives Sanders an incredulous look and Sanders shrugs.

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “I’m just saying.”

Ultimo charges to the ring where he is met by a barrage of punches from Aries. That’s not exactly X-Division style… but Ok. Aries takes Dragon down with punches and turns away to taunt the fans. Bad move Austin. Ultimo takes the time to roll to the apron where he climbs to his feet and springboards off the top rope with a great looking dropkick. Ouch. Aries goes down clutching his head as Dragon bows to him. Nice touch. Dragon picks Aries up and pushes him to the corner where he is taken down with a tornado DDT... that looked pretty cool. Aries really looks dazed and replays show that he actually hit the mat pretty hard. Dragon picks Aries up from behind… hooking him for the Dragon Suplex. Mitchell climbs on the apron, distracting the ref, and allowing Aries to hit a mule kick. Ultimo NutCracker!

Shelley hooks Dragon from behind and hit a release German suplex. Dragon was folded in half. Like an accordion… or a random big foldy thing. Aries starts rocking from side to side and nails Dragon with his trademark pendulum elbow. Love that move. Dragon is down for a two count as we see the regular ‘2’ sign-holding jerk. Someone should kick his ass. Dragon fights out of an Austin Aries hold and DEMOLISHES him with a hard (Hard!!!) back suplex. Dragon must believe he’s Senshi now as he starts delivering kicks to the back and head of Aries. Dragon runs to the ropes, looking to gain some velocity… but instead gains some tooth loss… as Aries smashes him in the jaw with an excellent looking super kick.

Aries covers for another ‘2’ count as he lifts Dragon to his feet and hooks him up for the Brainbuster (Yey!). Dragon blocks it (bastard) and flips behind Aries, positioning him for the ULTIMO DDT. Bam! Ultimo DDT is hit. Mitchell climbs onto the apron once again and Dragon goes after him like an idiot. So does the ref. Mitchell continues to distract the referee as Aries picks up Mitchell’s cane! How did he get that? Austin Aries takes advantage of the distraction and nails Dragon with the cane from behind! The cane just snapped! So did Dragon’s neck. Damn.

Dragon is down and Aries kicks the broken cane out of the ring as Mitchell climbs back down off the apron. Aries climbs the corner and dives off with an always awesome looking 450 Splash. Ding ding ding.

Winner: Aries via pinfall after 6:40

Rating: ** Glorified squash. Good action, but not enough sustained offence from Dragon.

Aries climbs out of the ring and shakes hands with Mitchell as we cut to our usual merchandise shilling… this time it’s the Slammiversary DVD. That was quick.

Edited by deanitude

------------------

Sophie seemed disappointed.

“That’s it? Just six minutes?”

I shrugged.

“The first match went five minutes over time… it was just basically an Aries push match anyway.”

Sophie shook her head.

“I don’t agree with it… but at least it wasn’t a complete squash.”

I laughed.

“Don’t worry Soph… AJ will be back soon.”

------------------

I turned back to the screen where Jim Cornette was standing backstage with a very intense looking Raven. It seems like we’re inside the office of Jim Cornette, who is wearing his trademark grey suit. Raven, on the other hand, is already in his ring gear, boots, kneepads, tartan skirt thing and is busy taping his hands.

‘Mr. C’ Jim Cornette: “You wanted to see me?”

Raven smirks.

Raven: “Tonight… my match is an elimination match. Correct?”

‘Mr. C’ Jim Cornette: “Yeah?”

Raven: “That means both my opponents have to be pinned?”

‘Mr. C’ Jim Cornette: “Or submit…”

Raven: “No disqualifications?”

Cornette smiled.

‘Mr. C’ Jim Cornette: “No disqualifications.”

Raven rubbed his chin and grabbed his belt from a nearby table.

Raven: “Interesting…”

Raven walks off as Cornette stands there looking confused.

‘Mr. C’ Jim Cornette: “Have fun.”

Raven suddenly reappears and reaches down behind Cornette’s desk. He grabs something and walks back over to Jim. Holding up Cornette’s TENNIS RACKET?!

Raven smirks at Cornette.

Raven: “I’m borrowing this…”

Raven once again walks off as Cornette puts his hands on his hips and frowns.

‘Mr. C’ Jim Cornette: “Great… now I need a new racket.”

------------------

I saw Chris walk past my room and jumped out of my seat to catch him up and wish him luck as he headed out to the ring.

Now we’ll see just how good the X-Division can be.

------------------

Match 3: X-Division Championship Match

Christopher Daniels vs. Senshi ©

‘The Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels is first out and he appears at the top of the ramp wearing his hooded robe. He flips back the hood and looks around at the audience before continuing his walk to the ring. He climbs up on the apron and removes his robe when his music dies down and Senshi’s begins.

Senshi walks out slowly, he’s grown his hair out a bit and is wearing a nice 5 o’clock shadow. He looks truly evil. It’s a good look. He’s wearing his white baggy tights and has his title around his waist. He climbs into the ring and hands his belt to the ref as Daniels continues to acknowledge the fans. Error! Error! Senshi creeps over to where Daniels is standing on the turnbuckle facing the fans and smacks him across the back with a kick. Let the kicking begin! Daniels falls backwards and to his knees as Senshi’s relentless kicking continues. Damn. Daniels’ back is turning red as he screams with pain. That is how you sell a kick.

Senshi suddenly stops kicking Daniels’ back and motions for the crowd to be quiet. Shut up TNA crowd! Senshi then smacks Daniels… IN THE FACE… with a horrific looking kick. The crowd begin the usual ‘Holy Shit!’ chant. Jeeeez. Holy shit is right. Senshi just nearly decapitated Daniels’. We replay it in slow-motion as Senshi’s foot makes contact with Daniels’ forehead with an audible thud. Damn. I now have even more respect for Chris Daniels.

Senshi picks up Daniels’ and hook him for a Senshi-Krusher. Daniels however breaks out of it and begins laying into Senshi with kicks of his own. KickFest 2006. Daniels’ replays the favour by taking Senshi down to his knees with kicks before nailing him with a kick to the head. Payback is a bitch. Once again, we get a slow motion replay as Sanders declares that Senshi and Daniels should have been picked for the American World Cup Soccer team.

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “If Bruce Arena had selected Daniels and Senshi instead of guys like Brian McBride and Landon Donovan… we might have actually done something. Instead of being Italy’s bitch.”

I love Mike Sanders.

Senshi is down and out as Daniels goes for the BME. Best. Moonsault. Ever. But it seems like Senshi has been watching tapes… and not of the porn variety… as he has Daniels’ offence perfectly scouted and lifts his knees to crush some ‘Fallen Angel’ ribs. If kicks fail… just have your opponent throw himself onto your knees. That’ll work.

Daniels is in agony on the mat clutching his ribs as Senshi stands up and laughs. You definitely do not want injured ribs when you are facing Senshi. People never learn. Daniels should take advice from UFC president Dana White ‘never let your opponent know that you’re injured’.

Daniels rolls over to his stomach and raises up onto his hands and knees… very bad move Chris.

SMACK!

There’s some more broken ribs after a vicious (el viciouso) toe kick to the ribs by Senshi. Daniels is down and gasping for breath… he looks remarkably like a big, sweaty, bald fish out of water.

Senshi picks Daniels up and hit him with a series of kicks to the head and rib area before hooking him up and crushing him with the Senshi-Krusher. That’ll be the match over then.

Senshi releases the pin?

Idiot.

Ah… now he’s climbing the turnbuckles.

DOUBLE STOMP!

The crowd loves it.

Daniels… doesn’t love it so much.

And THAT is the match.

Winner: Senshi via pinfall in 8:26

Rating: *** ½ Great back and forth action, HARD kicks and a believable ending.

After the match, Senshi picks up his belt as Mitchell, Abyss, Aries and Strong walk down to the ring.

They attempt to execute another beat-down on Daniels… but Senshi stops them?

Aries gets right in the face of Senshi as Abyss and Strong creep up behind them… look out Senshi!

Senshi spots Abyss and Strong and now is completely surrounded. What does he do?

He takes a martial arts stance, moves his arm back and…

SHAKES HANDS WITH ARIES?!

He now turns to shake hands with Strong… slapping Abyss on the chest. And nodding towards ‘Father’ James Mitchell.

What the hell is going on?

Senshi directs traffic as Abyss grabs Daniels’ arms, Strong/Aries each grab a leg and hold Daniels up about 4 feet above the canvas.

Mitchell strolls over with a steel chair and places it on the prone body of Daniels as Senshi once again ascends to the top rope.

Tenay and West scream for someone to stop it… but there’s nobody to stop it as Senshi dives off the rope with another crushing Double Stomp!

Holy Shit!

In what will undoubtedly be used to sell this PPV’s replays… Senshi dived off the rope and delivered a Double Stomp… on a chair… straight through Daniels.

It was like something one of the Spirit Squad has a wet dream about.

Awesome move. Added to by the fact that Senshi now sells an injured foot and has to be carried to the back by Abyss as Daniels is attended to by agents and refs. A stretcher comes out to carry Daniels to the back as Tenay and West debate the future of Daniels.

‘DW’ Don West: “Ladies and gentlemen… Christopher Daniels may be very badly injured after that heinous 4 on 1 attack by those jackals.”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “A 4 on 1 Double Stomp through a chair on a prone Christopher Daniels… made even worse by the fact that Daniels was being held up by Abyss, Aries and Strong… just terrible.”

‘DW’ Don West: “At first we believed Senshi was going to prevent the attack on Daniels, but then he actually joined forces with these… these…”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “These opportunists… think about it for a second… Styles is out… Daniels is definitely out… the tag titles are completely unprotected. Cornette needs to make a decision on those belts. Senshi is on a roll.”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Up next… we have the open contract match in which Monty Brown will face a soon to be announced opponent.”

-----------------

The video began rolling to recap the X-Division title match and preview the Monty Brown Invitational… as I turned towards Sophie.

“What did you think?”

She seemed impressed.

“It’s a great angle… an X-Division stable… but how did you get Abyss in there?”

I shrugged.

“Jeff needed to keep him on the show until they find him something to do, I suggested putting him with the X-Division group I was putting together… I think he’s a good fit… plus it lets Jim do the promos for the other guys.”

Sophie left the room to go congratulate the guys… but I had a PPV to finish watching. Jeff still hadn’t let on who the opponent for Monty was… but we all had a pretty good guess.

------------------

‘The Alpha Male’ Monty Brown made his way to the ring as TWS wondered who his opponent would be.

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “It could be anyone… from anywhere. 4-sided ring, 6-sided ring… 8-sided ring… anyone at all.”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “We all saw the cryptic message given to Brown on Impact… but who will he face?”

Tenay wasn’t in the dark long as a generic guitar song echoed around the building and UFC Legend KEN SHAMROCK appeared at the top of the ramp!

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Shamrock! Ken Shamrock! The first World Champion of the TNA era! The UFC legend! Fresh off a defeat at UFC 61: Bitter Rivals!”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Fresh off and ass kicking from Tito Ortiz.”

‘DW’ Don West: “Don’t let Shamrock here you say that.”

Sanders shrugged.

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Why? What’s he gonna do? Snap?! Break my ankle? Please. I’m tight with Tito… Ken wouldn’t dare touch me.”

Shamrock entered the ring and circled ‘The Alpha Male’ who seemed shocked and confused at who his opponent was.

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Brown looks… scared!”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “He’s not scared Tenay! He’s just got a case of trapped gas. It’ll clear up.”

The ref rings the bell and we know that Monty Brown matches don’t tend to go long… neither do Shamrock matches for that matter.

Match 4: Open Contract Match

Monty Brown vs. Ken Shamrock

Shamrock takes a headbutt from Monty Brown but just stands there. Someone forgot to tell Brown that Shamrock isn’t Jay Lethal. This will be no 20 second slaughter. Brown attempts a short arm clothesline but Shamrock reverses it into an Armbar… and Monty grabs the ropes. Shamrock releases and smiles, before Brown attempts another clothesline and gets caught this time in a Kimura or straight arm Key Lock. Brown again grabs the ropes and roars… he seems pissed. Brown attempts a bodyslam but Ken drops out of the back of it and applies a choke.

Because this aint UFC… the ref gives Ken the 5 count… and he releases the hold.

Shamrock picks up a disoriented Brown and snap suplexes him…. Nearly out of his lovely black boots. Brown gets to his feet and tries a straight punch, but is caught in an Armbar takedown from Ken Shamrock. If he did this crap against Tito at UFC 61 instead of being a bitch… I wouldn’t hate him so much. I’m a Tito mark though. Brown breaks the hold and attempts a suplex of his own… his Alpha jaw is smushed with a big knee to the face. Damn. Shamrock is going in stiff.

Brown powers out of a headlock and throws Shamrock against the ropes, catching him on the way back with a huge POUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCE-uh (period).

It only takes one, baby.

Ring that bell.

Winner: Monty Brown via pinfall in 4:10

Rating: N/A This match was purely a vehicle with which to get over Brown. Shamrock looked pissed throughout.

-----------------------

They showed replay after replay of the big points in the match as I was distracted by a commotion outside my office.

I got up off my couch and walked to my door to see what the hell was going on. I looked around and sure enough, there was Sophie… being held against a nearby wall by none other than Ken Shamrock? What the hell. I walked towards them as I heard Shamrock speak.

Ken Shamrock: “You said I’d get ten minutes, not four!”

I could sense the fear in Sophie’s voice as she stumbled over her words.

“B-But… I don’t decide that. That’s n-not my job. I’m just personnel.”

Shamrock seemed to tighten his grip on Sophie’s throat as I became angry.

“Let go of her!”

Shamrock didn’t even bother to turn towards me

Ken Shamrock: “If you know what’s good for you kid… you’ll get out of here.”

I took a few steps forward and grabbed Shamrock’s arm… pulling him off Sophie.

“I said get off…”

I was interrupted mid-sentence as a fist flew at me and hit me directly in my jaw… knocking me off my feet.

Shamrock has just punched me.

I climbed slowly back to my feet ready to fight him. Me… fighting a UFC fighter? I bet you can guess how that went. Three punches later and I was back down… bloodied and hurt.

Shamrock was just about to finish the job when Alex Shelley and Abyss came to my aid… standing between me and Ken.

Shamrock spat at me and then walked away as I fell into unconsciousness

I awoke in my hotel room and looked at my bedside clock. It was 3am.

Shit… I’d missed the PPV.

I got out of bed, still sore from the Shamrock incident… and grasped around blindly for the light switch before finding it and clicking on the light.

I allowed a few minutes for my eyes to adjust to the light before looking around the room… spotting the mirror, I walked towards it and braced myself.

It wasn’t a pretty image. A black eye, a cut lip and a small trail of dried blood coming from my nose. He’d hit me pretty hard… no doubt.

An unprovoked attack by an asshole.

I hate Ken Shamrock, I do.

I glanced around the room and spotted a note stuck to my TV. It was signed by Sophie.

“Hey Champ! Thanks for everything. And I do mean EVERYTHING… I managed to get you a copy of the PPV on tape. Enjoy. Soph xx.”

I managed to smile through the pain and grabbed my TV remote… I was a professional and had a show to watch.

------------------------------

Match 5: Falls Count Anywhere Grudge Match

Samoa Joe vs. Sting

We cut to the announce position where TWS are discussing the upcoming Joe/Sting match.

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “This is perhaps the biggest threat Joe has faced as of yet in TNA.”

‘DW’ Don West: “He pushed Sting over the edge… and now he’s gonna pay.”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Sting is just another bump in the road for Joe. A face paint wearing, baseball bat dropping, trenchcoat wearing bump… that’s all he is… and Joe is gonna kill him.”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “His trademark black and white face paint… his trademark shouts… he is the man they call Sting.”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “He’s like the bastard son of Ric Flair and a Zebra. Woooo!”

Eyes roll as we preview the match with a specially made video… documenting Joe and Sting’s feeling towards each other. Joe is sat in the locker-room, while Sting is barely visible in the shadows of another separate room. The camera continues to flick back and for the between them. Kind of like the video for Joe/Steiner.

‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe: “You’re a legend?”

Sting: “I’m a mystery.”

‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe: “You’re an icon?”

Sting: “I’m an enigma.”

‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe: “You sit up there in the rafters and I’m supposed to be scared.”

Sting: “Don’t fear the reaper.”

‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe: “You don’t scare me son, you’re nothing but some washed up hack taking all my TV time.”

Sting: “Washed up... I like that. We’re all going to be washed up one day Joseph.”

‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe: “You put on your face paint like you’re some sort of clown…”

Sting: “I’m just a man out for redemption.”

‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe: “I’m gonna choke you out and then I’m going to toss your carcass out for the crows.”

Sting: “Ah… the crows.”

‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe: “Everywhere I go… you’re there... I’m gonna put a stop to that. This ends tonight.”

Sting knocks on the wall.

Sting: “Suddenly there came a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, right Joseph?”

‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe: “You need professional help son… unfortunately you’re not gonna get that help.”

Sting: “It's not a good day to be a bad guy.”

‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe: “You’re gonna get choked the (BEEP) out... and become the next victim of ‘The Samoan Submission Machine.’”

A close-up on Sting as he cracks a smile.

Sting: “Victims... aren’t we all?”

Awesome, awesome promo for the match. This should have been on Impact.

Suddenly a loud crash came over the PA system and Joe appears at the top of the ramp, smirking and looking extremely confident. He walks calmly to the ring and enters it slowly, before stretching using the ropes.

A violin based piece of music (sounding exactly like his Crow Theme from WCW… don’t sue us WWE) comes from the PA system as the arena darkens and we await the arrival of Sting.

Everyone, including Joe, looks up to the rafter for Sting… but Sting fools them all and appears behind Joe. An in-screen replay showed him appear from beneath the ring before climbing into it.

The light come up and we’re off.

Joe continues to look up at the rafters as Sting stands silently behind him smiling. Finally he sighs; taps Joe on the shoulder and the fight is underway.

Sting blocks some Samoa Joe punches and nails Joe with some of his own, sending Joe reeling. Joe gets backed into a corner and rolls out of the ring as Sting dives over the top rope at him! Viva la Stinger! Sting is showing real fire here! Sting picks up Joe and throws him towards the ring steps… but Joe reverses and Sting goes flying headfirst into them. Opening up a cut… hard-way. Joe smells blood and hits some punches to the forehead of Sting… really opening up the cut. Hey, if you got it… work with it. Joe pulls out some garbage from under the ring and slams Sting down onto a trash can, making a crunching sound and looking seriously impressive. Joe picks up Sting and nails him with another slam onto the trash can, which now is flat as a pancake... ouch.

Sting once again climbs back to his feet and begins smiling, with the contrast of the black & white face paint and the blood running down his face... this is an awesome image.

Joe stares blankly at Sting, seemingly in shock as Sting begins shouting at him to finish the job. Joe snarls and runs at Sting, who kicks him in the gut and picks up the flattened trash can. He waits for Joe to straighten up before smacking it onto his head. Joe stumbles but doesn’t go down, so Sting continues to hit him… ten shots in all with the fans counting along with the hits. After the tenth hit… TIMBERRRRRRRR. Thud. Joe is down. But Sting refuses to cover him.

Sting stands waiting for Joe to get to his feet. Sting is continually smiling and brings a gloves hand to his head… feeling the blood. He licks the blood from his glove and smiles. Joe gets up and Sting gives him a free shot, allowing Joe to connect with a right hand. Sting smiles and allows Joe another hit, Joe however has other ideas and kicks Sting in the ‘lower extremities’. Cheat! Joe now begins laughing and hits a quick (and sick) piledriver on Sting. Joe covers and gets a one count. A one count? From a piledriver to the floor? Ok.

Joe can’t believe it as Sting climbs back to his feet and holds his hands out, goading Joe to attack him again. Joe charges at Sting with a clothesline and flattens him again, but Sting stands right back up.

Joe shakes his head in confusion… how is he still standing?

Joe grabs a steel chair and attempt to smack Sting with it, but Sting has moved? Where did he go? Joe looks up at the big screen as it appears that Sting went under the ring.

Joe is a bit hesitant to go in after him and so just lifts the apron and looks underneath. He can’t see anything and so shrugs… and heads under.

A few seconds pass before Sting(!!!) appears from under the opposite side of the apron smiling, he brings a chair with him and carries it into the ring. He sets up the chair in the middle of the ring and sits on it. Waiting for Joe to come out.

About a minute passes before Joe appears from under the ring. When he sees Sting sitting in the ring, he goes into a rage, charging into the ring at Sting… who calmly moves and watches as Joe flies straight into the ring.

Sting turns away from Joe and shrugs as the camera focuses on something on Joe’s hand… looks sort of shiny?

Sting heads over to grab Joe and is hit with a hard (HARD) right hand. He stumbles but doesn’t go down. Joe nails him again with the right hand and he stumbles farther. Sting seems to be dazed, but doesn’t go down. Joe snarls and this time just SMACKS Sting with a huge right hand which send him back into the corner.

Joe smirks and grabs his right hand, pulling something from his glove and throwing it on the mat.

The camera zooms in and we see a pair of BRASS KNUX! Joe hit Sting with Knux and he didn’t even go down.

Joe has no time for games and places Sting on the top rope, hooking him in the Muscle Buster position and walking around with him in the ring, as Sting’s blood begins to flow down Joe’s chest… before dropping him onto the chair that Sting set up earlier!

Muscle Buster through the chair!

Joe spits at Sting and locks him in the Kokina clutch.

Sting isn’t moving and the ref calls for the bell.

Winner: Samoa Joe via referee stoppage after 19:34

Rating: *** Great match, but seemed to be lacking something. Like they’re only building towards another match.

After the match, Joe refuses to release Sting as something descends from the ceiling. It’s large and appears to be covered in a black tarp.

Joe releases the hold as the object gets close to the ring, before reaching over and pulling off the tarp. It’s a huge Crow Symbol?!

Joe begins to laugh as he picks up the lifeless body of Sting and begins to attach him to the symbol?

Joe finishes attaching Sting to the symbol and turns away, wiping his blood covered hands on his chest. Joe is covered in Sting’s blood.

Suddenly, Sting’s eyes bolt open and he begins maniacally laughing. Looking directly at Joe.

Joe grabs a control from a stage hand and pushes a button… and the symbol begins to ascend?!

It goes up into the darkness of the ceiling before a huge fireball erupts from it and torches the entire structure in one quick motion… medics and backstage workers rush up to the rafters with fire extinguishers. They put out the flames… but Sting is nowhere to be seen.

Joe looks up at the smouldering symbol and smirks before grabbing the trench coat that Sting was wearing before he stepped in the ring and wiping his bloody hands on it as we cut to a quick promo for TNA Merchandise.

The Sting/Joe feud just entered Undertaker/Austin territory. Is that a good thing? Who knows. I’m sure they’ll come up with a logical explanation for how Sting escaped the fire… if he even did. Spontaneous combustion is a bitch.

----------------------

I had to admit, the match was great… but the after-match stuff was a bit WWE’ish for my tastes… depends on what it leads to I suppose.

I still mark out for Sting though.

I had barely registered what had just happened with Sting and Joe when I noticed that the main event was about to begin… and all three competitors were already in the ring. Seems like they’re gonna do the introductions in the ring… like boxing or UFC. Nice touch.

----------------------

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Now we move onto the main event… three men, one title. Who will leave Victory Road as the champion?”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “Tony Montana versus Bret Hart Junior versus My Hero. I predict a Jarrett victory.”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Jarrett is the former champion, but Cage truly believes, as do I, that he was screwed out of the belt.”

‘DW’ Don West: “It seems to me that Raven and Cage will do anything to ensure that the belt doesn’t leave with Jeff Jarrett.”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Let’s not forget that Chris Jericho has been somewhat interested in the NWA Heavyweight title over recent weeks. Will he make an appearance here tonight?”

Main Event: NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Three Way Elimination Match

Raven © vs. Christian Cage vs. Jeff Jarrett

Our ring-announcer for this match is none other than ‘Super JB’ Jeremy Borash.

‘Super JB’ Jeremy Borash: “Ladies and gentlemen… it is now time for the main event of TNA’s Victory Road!”

The crowd cheer… pssh, sheep.

‘Super JB’ Jeremy Borash: “The following match is a three-way NO DISQUALIFICATION match and is elimination rules… for the NWA Heavyweight Championship of the world!”

More cheering. Bah bah little sheep.

‘Super JB’ Jeremy Borash: “Introducing first, a man who many say never actually lost the belt, born in Orangeville, Ontario… now fighting out of Tampa, Florida… he weighed in this morning at two hundred twenty seven pounds… former NWA Heavyweight Champion… ‘Captain Charisma’ CHRISTIAN CAAAAAAAAAGE!”

Cheer, cheer, some boos… mostly screaming girls.

Christian stands impassive, just staring at the belt which is held in the hands of Rudy Charles.

‘Super JB’ Jeremy Borash: “Hailing from Nashville, Tennessee… he weighed in this morning at two hundred thirty pounds… former NWA Heavyweight Champion and ‘King of the Mountain’… Jeff Jaaaaaarreeeett.”

Jarrett climbed up a turnbuckle and flipped off some boo’ing fans.

Borash now turns to the champion who is sitting down in one of the corners.

‘Super JB’ Jeremy Borash: “And finally… born is Short Hills, New Jersey… and fighting out of Atlanta, Georgia… he weighed in this morning at two hundred forty four pounds… he is YOUR NWA WOOOOORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION… RAAAAAAAAAAVEN!”

Extremely loud cheers as Raven slowly gets to his feet and the referee shows the belt to both his opponents.

‘Super JB’ Jeremy Borash: “Rules of the match are simple, one man must remain on the apron at all times, until tagged in or elimination occurs. After the first elimination, the match will continue with the two remaining men until we have a winner. Ladies and gentlemen… it’s ShowTime!”

Somewhere… Sting is rolling in his fiery grave.

Rudy Charles makes Cage stand on the apron so we’ll start with Jarrett and Raven… the former champ and the current champ. At least these two have a bit more charisma than the earlier starting two in the X-Division elimination match… remember them? Ha-ha.

Jarrett and Raven lock-up in the centre of the ring and Raven begins to overpower Jarrett… who doesn’t like that and so hits a knee to Raven’s gut. Textbook. Yep. Textbook. Jarrett begins a series of generic punching (well come on… what did you expect from Jarrett?) and we have our first real wrestling move of the match as Jarrett connects with an armdrag… and then another… before locking on an armbar. Jarrett thinks he’s Shamrock… well, they’re both dicks.

Jarrett’s suplex attempt is reversed by Raven who instead hits a suplex of his own. Jarrett is down and Raven bounces off the ropes for a move… but we’ll never know what that move was as Cage tagged himself in.

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “I cant understand why Cage is wanting to get in the ring… the correct strategy would be to wait until Raven and Jarrett beat the hell out of each other. Well… that’s what I’d do.”

‘The Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Cage’s hate fro Jarrett is so large that it seems to be clouding his judgment.”

Christian runs at Jarrett and drops an elbow on his back, followed by two more. Jarrett slowly gets back to his feet where he’s met with a big dropkick by Christian. Getting Kobe Bryant-like air on the move. Who says white men cant jump? Cage covers for a one count.

‘Professor’ Mike Tenay: “Only a one count from Cage.”

‘Above Average’ Mike Sanders: “It’s gonna take more than a dropkick to put down Jarrett.”

Cage picks up Jarrett and whips him to the ropes, but Jarrett manages to stop himself and catches a charging Christian with a back body drop over the top rope to the floor below. Yowza. Jarrett rolls outside and begins pounding on Christian as Raven grabs some nearby weaponry from around the ring and places it in the ring. After-all… this is No-DQ. Meanwhile… Jarrett rolls Christian back in the ring and brings the crushed trash can… still covered in the blood of Sting… into the ring with him.

Jarrett grabs Cage and splatters him with the crushed trash can, sawing into his scalp with the sharp edge. Cage screams in pain and collapses to the mat holding his head. Jarrett loves it.

Jeff picks up the fallen Christian and hits him with a suplex on the trash can before going over to Raven’s corner and tagging him in. Raven shrugs and climbs into the ring… bringing with him a hockey stick and a saltshaker?!

Raven waits for Christian to stand before breaking the saltshaker over his head. That’s gonna leave a mark. Christian goes down and the cameras focus on Raven, giving Christian enough time to blade. See… the magic of TV ruined by Dean.

Christian is back up to his knees and is cut on his scalp… Raven lines him up for a running kick… but stops just inches away and instead pours salt onto the head-wound of Christian! That’s just… genius. Raven is awesome.

Christian stands up and runs around the ring holding his head… in obvious agony… unfortunately he runs into an EvenFlow DDT.

And… he’s goooooone.

Elimination: Christian Cage via pinfall after 10:00

It’s down to Jarrett/Raven.

Raven smiles as Jarrett enters the ring carrying a Singapore Cane… or Kendo Stick if you prefer. Either way… it’s a big wooden thing to hit people with. Raven waits for Jarrett to swing before grabbing the stick and sweeping Jarrett’s feet out from under him. Like something from ‘Kingdom of Heaven’ or… Star Wars. Some film with sword stuff anyway.

Raven chokes Jarrett with the Cane… pressing his shoulders down to the mat for a two count before Jarrett manages to push the cane away from his throat. Jarrett manages to deliver a knee to the testicles of Raven before they both lie breathless (for different reasons) on the mat.

The referee begins to count and gets to seven before Jarrett and Raven climb to their feet. They exchange punches before Jarrett whips Raven to the ropes and catches him… with a SLEEPER?! Fuck. Who wants to see a sleeper in this day and age? 2006 to Jeff Jarrett… come in Jeff.

Raven is our saviour! He reverses the sleeper into the Indy ejaculation inducing BACKDROP DRIVER! Ouch. That looked harsh. Jarrett just got his back-drop… erm.. drived. Yeah, whatever. Bite me. Raven covers for a… yep… you guessed it… 2 count. Thankfully the sign carrying ‘2’ jack-off is no longer wishing to hold up his sign. Good.

Raven catches Jarrett charging at him with a nice belly to belly suplex. Another cover and another two count. Stop kicking out Jarrett!

Raven climbs out of the ring and re-enters with his NWA belt and Jim Cornette’s tennis racket?

Raven lays the belt down on the mat and tucks the racket in the back of his trunks. As Jarrett slowly gets to his feet to see Raven charging at him with a running kneelift.

TNA: The Place Where Knees Are Lifted.

Raven hooks Jarrett for a suplex, but blocks it… drops to his knees and low blows Raven. Cheating! You sir… are a cheat!

Raven drops to his knees as Jarrett spots the NWA belt lying on the mat.

Jarrett cracks a smile as he picks up the NWA belt and waits for Raven to stand.

Raven stands and Jarrett charges at him with the belt.

Just as Jarrett is about to hit Raven, we see Raven reach to the racket tucked in his trunks and use it to deflect the belt shot.

Jarrett stands seething as Raven holds up the now snapped racket and shrugs.

Jarrett lifts the NWA belt once again… but this time, Raven throws the broken racket at him. Jarrett drops the belt and catches the racket.

Bad move Jeff… he catches the racket and also immediately catches an EvenFlow DDT onto the belt. The same way he lost it first time round.

Ring that bell.

Winner: And still NWA World Heavyweight Champion RAVEN via pinfall in 23:00

Rating: *** ½ Good match, lacked that little bit extra.

The PPV goes off the air as Raven stands in the centre of a warzone… still NWA champion.

Or does it?

Raven poses as suddenly the canvas behind him rips open and Chris Jericho(!!!??!!!) emerges from beneath the ring... pulling Raven down through the hole.

What's gonna happen?

Looks like we'll have to wait until Impact to find out!

Y'all only paid for the 3 hours!

[Well that’s it… hope you enjoyed the PPV… I enjoyed writing it]

FEEDBACK IS WELCOMED.

Prediction game

Open Contract Match

‘The Alpha Male’ Monty Brown vs. Ken Shamrock

Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles Ultimo Dragon

a. X-Division Ranking Match

b. Aries vs Dragon

c. Daniels vs Senshi

d. Brown vs Shamrock

e. Joe vs Sting

f. Jarrett vs Cage vs Raven

2. None.

3. Ken Shamrock

4. Ultimo Dragon

5. After the main event.

Throxx: 1

The Aztec Warrior: 10

Inner D Monz: 8

Gareth 7: 13

Gareth 7 wins the prize and gets to book the X-Division Championship match for the next PPV.

Message me to collect your prize.

Congratulations

PPV RANT~!

Let's get down to business, shall we?

- All the pre-show stuff was pretty good. Sucks that Val is with Shelly, but then again, you don't seem to really care. *shrugs* you're such a pimp.

- Good commentary always helps, and of course Mike Sanders is your best. It's great that you write exceedingly well for him. I like the little out of character bits with you and Sophie during the opening match. You've really builty chemistry between the two. I swore Alex Shelley was going over, but I guess you've got other plans. Nice to see some continuity to your storyline with Roderick Strong winning with help from Abyss. Loved how you wrote the match as well, seemed a bit different from the usual writing. I may have to steal this. <_<

- Still think there's something on the horizon for Miss Val and Mr. Dean. HOLD DOWN SHELLEY~! Do it. DO IT! *shakes fist angrily*

- Pretty quick squash. I too was wondering why the Aries/Dragon match was only given six minutes, but you did explain it afterwards to Sophie backstage, and the match really was just to put Aries over as a threat.

- Mr. C needs a new racket. QUICK! Just saying...

- Daniels/Senshi was rather short. I guess you saying it was time to show what the X-Division was about was meant for after the match, not during it. Still, the finish was pretty bad ass. Pretty cool angle afterwards, as you now have a heel stable in the X-Division as well as the option to form an unholy alliance between a couple faces to feud with them. You've really made the X-Division into something besides spotty wrestling. Good job.

- Well, didn't Ken Shamrock sure get squashed? Good filler to lead towards the backstage segment where he, you know... knocks you out and all. Note to Dean: Never defend a lady until he can learn how to defend himself. Nice touch on you waking up after the PPV was over.

- Really dug the Samoa Joe/Sting promo, as well as the match. Probably your best work today as far as making Samoa Joe look like a serious threat to the main event, as well as keeping Sting strong. I like the ref stoppage finish, as it leads to another Joe/Sting match down the road as say, a straight up Joe victory via pinfall would. My only concern is that you may have made Sting look a little weak with the finish. The angle after was certainly... umm... weird & interesting. Can't wait to see how this plays out. Match of the night by far.

- The triple threat match was kind of a let-down to me. Maybe it's because after the Samoa Joe/Sting match, it's kind of hard to top that. Maybe it's because I've never really liked Raven or Jeff Jarrett. Who knows? Anyway, wasn't that surprised to see Christian Cage get eliminated first, and Raven retaining was pretty predictable. I did dig the Raven pouring salt onto Christian as well as the use of the tennis racket. The Chris Jericho part was a little strange and disappointing, as I hate cliff hangers to a pay-per-view main event. More reason to watch iMPACT! though, I guess. Please don't let Jericho have raped Raven, and Raven comes back all... strange.

Great PPV. Only a couple things that I question, but other then that, solid from beginning to the end (most of it). Thumbs up. (Y)

EDIT: I was screwed out of the PPV contest. SCREWED, I SAY!

Edited by The Aztec Warrior

Damn you ruining my 'Jericho raped Raven' angle.

And hey... I didn't screw The Aztec Warrior... The Aztec Warrior screwed The Aztec Warrior.

p.s I hate Ken Shamrock, I do.

Anyhooo... here's your (YES YOUR) iMPACT card.

July 15th iMPACT tapings

X-Division Championship Match

Roderick Strong vs. Senshi ©

Tables Match made by Jim Cornette

Team 3D vs Alex Shelley

Rhino vs Abyss

Austin Aries vs Christopher Daniels

ShellShock TV: Chris Jericho

Edited by deanitude

IPB Image

July 20th iMPACT

Only on Spike TV

Following an amazing night of thrills and spills on Sunday, just what is going to happen?

Many questions remain unanswered...

What occured between Raven and Chris Jericho at the climax of Victory Road?

What happened to Sting? Did Joe really kill someone on Sunday night?

Who will be Samoa Joe's next victim?

Just what is the relationship between 'Father' James Mitchell, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Abyss, and TNA X-Division Champion Senshi?

...will we get those answers tonight?

Perhaps the most intriguing story going into Thursday's iMPACT presentation is that ALEX SHELLEY has revealed that he is unhappy about his treatment over the past couple of weeks, and is threatening to sue both Jim Cornette and TNA unless his demands are met!

How will Mr. Cornette, and the TNA locker-room, react to Shelley's possible lawsuit?

The fall-out from VICTORY ROAD will most definitely be felt tonight as four huge matches have been signed following the PPV.

X-Division Championship Match

Roderick Strong vs. Senshi ©

With these two men seemingly alligned, along with 'Father' James Mitchell, 'The Monster' Abyss and Austin Aries; just how are they supposed to fight one another.

One thing is for sure, no matter who wins... the title will stay within that group.

Tables Match

Team 3D vs. Alex Shelley

Following Alex Shelley's failure to become number one contender for the X-Division Championship; Shelley must now face both members of Team 3D in a handicap Tables Match.

How will Shelley survive, and just what will Team 3D do to him?

Rhino vs Abyss

These two men have collided before, with disastrous results, who will be standing tall and gaining a huge win on the road towards Hard Justice? Just how much of a factor is James Mitchell?

Austin Aries vs Christopher Daniels

Christopher Daniels was brutally assaulted following his defeat in the X-Division Championship match at Victory Road. Following the match, and the subsequent trip to hospital, Daniels demanded a one on one match with any of the attackers. TNA Director of Authority, Jim Cornette, had no choice but to book Daniels to face Austin Aries... without medical clearance. Will Daniels be in one piece? And will he be able to gain some measure of revenge?

Also; TNAWrestling.com has just recieved word that none other than CHRIS JERICHO has been booked to appear on ShellShock TV. Just what will the former WWE and WCW World Heavyweight Champion have to say regading TNA, Raven, and the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

• 7 months later...