NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Brady Quinn is fucking overated. Not to mention we have chance to draft a Galloway type receiver in Ginn. We take that. Let the Browns have Quinn. Raiders get Russel, Lions get Smith, Browns can have quinn and we will take Ginn. Then it's nothing but defensive players for the rest of the draft.

Oh and here is something I want clarifaction on. I just watched the Dallas/Seattle, Safety rulling nad they explainded why it was ruled like that. Here's what I want to know.

THe ball is forced loose, It is out of bounds when a player in bounds catches it while it is still in the air, however his foot was on the out of bounds line. It was a seattle player, so how the fuck is that a safety?

The ball might've been out of bounds, but since it was still in the air it was still "in play" until it either:

A. It touches the ground

B. Player touches it and goes out of bounds.

The Seattle playergrabbed it while it was in the air, and his foot went out of bounds. Thus, .the Seattle player was down, with possession of the ball, in his own endzone. Its the same as the QB gettinng sacked in his own endzone...a safety.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady Quinn is fucking overated. Not to mention we have chance to draft a Galloway type receiver in Ginn. We take that. Let the Browns have Quinn. Raiders get Russel, Lions get Smith, Browns can have quinn and we will take Ginn. Then it's nothing but defensive players for the rest of the draft.

Oh and here is something I want clarifaction on. I just watched the Dallas/Seattle, Safety rulling nad they explainded why it was ruled like that. Here's what I want to know.

THe ball is forced loose, It is out of bounds when a player in bounds catches it while it is still in the air, however his foot was on the out of bounds line. It was a seattle player, so how the fuck is that a safety?

The ball might've been out of bounds, but since it was still in the air it was still "in play" until it either:

A. It touches the ground

The Seattle playergrabbed it while it was in the air, and his foot went out of bounds. Thus, .the Seattle player was down, with possession of the ball, in his own endzone. Its the same as the QB gettinng sacked in his own endzone...a safety.

A. It touches the ground

The safety was on dallas. However the seattle player was out of bounds with the ball when he touched so doesn't that qualify as a touchback?

Edited by jase12881

For the English posters here who follow the NFL, the NFL is thinking about holding a regular season game in London (yeah, Wembley Stadium) next season. Possibly the Giants and Dolphins.

They've held exhibition and pre-season games overseas before, but that would be the first time a game that actually meant anything would be held overseas.

Yeah they've been mentioning it constantly through the season, The Frige has been doing a lot of promotional work for it I think. Last I heard it was a choice between London and possibly Germany, and the Dolphins were always expected - and more than likely a New York team. Don't know if I'll be able to go or not, my friend will probably go - but he'll just go with his parents more than likely and I'll miss out.

Not yet, it's still a work in progress. I was not pleased in the slightest with McNair's decision to pass on the third-and-goal, I'd have called a splitback and had both backs help get Lewis through the middle. Nonetheless, we're still very much in this, and while Manning's been effective, he's not been nearly as dangerous as in the past.

You guys got a lucky break there with that flag on the fumble, but Indy is still looking to be in great shape considering that Manning is playing like John Kitna. And that's not dissing Kitna, I'm just trying to think of an average quarterback that's going to make a mistake or two against a defense as talented as Baltimore.

...did we just accept a five-yard penalty...and give up a 50 yard gain?

Tell me, tell me now before I go kill someone.

Oh, no, understand now. Killing spree has been averted.

Oh, yes, TODD FUCKING HEAP INDEED. I changed my shirt from a random one to my Heap one just for that.

Edited by Ze

No, the options were to either accept the penalty and take the 5 yards from scrimmage or decline it and give the Colts the ball in Ravens territory. It was a good call by the ref, I just consider it one of the lucky breaks that teams need to get to win a playoff game.