NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see. He either puts one up that only the guys in the International Space Station can catch or he finds yet another Colt wide open

EDIT: Or just fail to find anyone. That'll work too

Edited by Troy Maskell

I wouldn't mind losing so much if the Bears played well and put up a valiant effort. But to take all that crap from the media, and then go on to actually play worse, it's just heartbreaking. I mean, can anyone see the Bears getting to the Superbowl again anytime soon? Or even the playoffs? Given the talent that's actually on this team, the level of play tonight has been inexcusable. Earn your fucking money.

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

The talent is there on defence for the Bears, maybe a few tweaks. But they have a lot less to work on than some, they just need to take Grossman round back of the stadium and shoot him in the face, and then mend one or two other holes and they've got a better shot, especially in the NFC.

Winning it is another matter.

Listening to all the hype and most of the experts pick Indianapolis, I thought: "Have they forgotten that defense wins championships?"

Well tonight I realized the hole in that theory. The defense actually has to show up to play, in order to win a championship. Also your offense has to do enough to keep them off the field for a few plays.

Dear Lovey Smith,

If tonight's 60 minutes of football doesn't conclusively prove to you that Rex Grossman is not the answer for the Bears at Quarterback then please tender your resignation. Because if you can't see beyond a reasonable doubt that Grossman is hopeless and without heart then you're not only blind, you're stupid.

P.S: If you do give up on Grossman, consider trading him to Miami cause even hopeless and without heart he's still one up on Daunte Culpepper

It has nothing with the defense showing up to play... they covered pretty well. The problem is the Tampa 2. It leaves the middle of the field open consistenly (add in the missing peice of Tommie Harris), and they run straight up the gut which spread the field out with all their weapons (Harrison, Wayne, Dungy [edit: and by dungy I mean Dallas Clark], Addai, Rhodes, etc)... it's what the Saints couldn't do. If they had gotten the running game going they would have beaten the Bears with their talent.

The Bears on the flip-side needed to establish the run game (something the Colts got no credit for when it was really about them being injured on defense, Sanders particuarly). The Saints didn't have a solid defense, the Colts do. Their secondary when healthy is one of the deepest in football and best coverages which allows Sanders to almost act like a freelancing LB. Add in Freeny as the best pass rusher in the league you got a great forumla.

As much as it sickens me that Grossman is on our team, at least we lost to Tony Dungy and the classiest bunch of guys in the NFL.

Edited by ACCBiggz

Who gives a shit about the colour of the skin of the winning coach? Fucking America, it's a complete non-issue.

I just like how people go on about how we need to be united and stuff. That race doesn't matter and we're all the same.

And then people make a deal out of this :-\.

Now, lets look at the key reasons why the Colts won.

1. Dominic Rhodes.

2. Joseph Addai.

3. Rex Grossman.