NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind losing so much if the Bears played well and put up a valiant effort. But to take all that crap from the media, and then go on to actually play worse, it's just heartbreaking. I mean, can anyone see the Bears getting to the Superbowl again anytime soon? Or even the playoffs? Given the talent that's actually on this team, the level of play tonight has been inexcusable. Earn your fucking money.

I wouldn't mind losing so much if the Bears played well and put up a valiant effort. But to take all that crap from the media, and then go on to actually play worse, it's just heartbreaking. I mean, can anyone see the Bears getting to the Superbowl again anytime soon? Or even the playoffs? Given the talent that's actually on this team, the level of play tonight has been inexcusable. Earn your fucking money.

Playoffs? Almost certainly. Superbowl? Could happen.

Playing in the NFC North, they're all but guaranteed not only a playoff berth, but possibly even a first round bye for the next few years until the Packers/Vikings field a decent team.

Then all it takes is two good games (or poor games by opponents) and we'll see them back in the Super Bowl. Not likely, but considering they'll be in the playoffs again next year, it could happen.

My main gripe is that the idea of MVP is that if you removed him, would the team have suffered? I don't feel they would have, Rhodes or Addai - had they been removed, the game would have been different.

Had Rex Grossman been removed, it would have been different :P

But yeah, bask in his glory.

As much as I'm happy to see my two favorite teams teeing it up in the big one, the weather tried its damndest to be the star of the game.

As much as I'm happy that Peyton's getting a ring, since he didn't throw for 700 yards and 8 TD's in a monsoon, it still won't shut up all the "overrated" tripe that keeps flying around the guy. He's going to the HOF when he's done, guys like Roethlisberger, Grossman, and Romo are not, full stop. Should he have won the MVP tonight? No, I'd have split it between Addai and Rhodes.

Like Biggz said, the Colts have an abundance of class, Manning included, no matter how much people want to complain about him "complaining." Guys like Michael Jordan and Larry Bird weren't above dressing down their teammates in front of God and everyone when somebody fucked up, and they weren't above working the refs a bit, either. That gets written off as competitive fire, but Manning's a "whiner."

Now we spell that "winner," as in "Super Bowl winner." He dissected a highly talented defense in some pretty shitty conditions. Deal with it.

Praise to the Bears, praise to the Colts, praise to both Tony and Lovie, and here's to the Bears getting to do it next year.

And an interesting point there, jase...Grossman IS from Bloomington, Indiana, after all. :shifty:

The weather had a huge part to play in Manning not putting up better numbers. Still, he managed the game well and was still very important in getting his team up the field. Addai and Rhodes ran their asses off, too.

Well done to the Colts, they're a good team with a quality coach in Dungy, and although they didn't win so much as they avoided losing the Superbowl, at least they've finally got the championship, and we can hopefully go a single day in sports news without someone griping about Manning, backs and monkeys. Quite how he managed MVP, I don't know, but whatever.

Last thing I'll say of the Bears for now (I'm with Biggz, let the Colts have their moment), is that I'm really glad I'm not Rex Grossman tonight.

I believe Manning will have to put in a performance where he makes double-figure touchdowns, quadruple-figure yards, four interceptions and running to catch one of his own passes, while with the shits, his hair on fire and naked in a seventy-mile-an-hour snowstorm to finally beat the hype, but I personally think he acquitted himself well here tonight. Like I said, I have no compltains with Peyton Manning, MVP.

EDIT: How likely is it we'll wake up tomorrow to see "Rex Grossman given atomic wedgie from flagpole; police point and laugh" as the headline? Not likely enough.

Edited by FREE KOU IN '07

I believe Manning will have to put in a performance where he makes double-figure touchdowns, quadruple-figure yards, four interceptions and running to catch one of his own passes, while with the shits, his hair on fire and naked in a seventy-mile-an-hour snowstorm to finally beat the hype, but I personally think he acquitted himself well here tonight. Like I said, I have no compltains with Peyton Manning, MVP.

EDIT: How likely is it we'll wake up tomorrow to see "Rex Grossman given atomic wedgie from flagpole; police point and laugh" as the headline? Not likely enough.

As much as I'm happy to see my two favorite teams teeing it up in the big one, the weather tried its damndest to be the star of the game.

As much as I'm happy that Peyton's getting a ring, since he didn't throw for 700 yards and 8 TD's in a monsoon, it still won't shut up all the "overrated" tripe that keeps flying around the guy. He's going to the HOF when he's done, guys like Roethlisberger, Grossman, and Romo are not, full stop. Should he have won the MVP tonight? No, I'd have split it between Addai and Rhodes.

Like Biggz said, the Colts have an abundance of class, Manning included, no matter how much people want to complain about him "complaining." Guys like Michael Jordan and Larry Bird weren't above dressing down their teammates in front of God and everyone when somebody fucked up, and they weren't above working the refs a bit, either. That gets written off as competitive fire, but Manning's a "whiner."

Now we spell that "winner," as in "Super Bowl winner." He dissected a highly talented defense in some pretty shitty conditions. Deal with it.

Praise to the Bears, praise to the Colts, praise to both Tony and Lovie, and here's to the Bears getting to do it next year.

And an interesting point there, jase...Grossman IS from Bloomington, Indiana, after all. :shifty: