NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Personally, I'm pretty high on the potential of Banta-Cain. Any reason you're not?

I just think if a team as hard up for linebackers as New England doesn't think high enough of him to re-sign him then he can't be that good.

He might have potential, but I wouldn't consider that signing anything special.

I rate Banta-Cain highly from what I saw last season. Sure he may not set the league alight straight away but I already consider him a solid player and he could be one of the best in the NFL in the next few seasons IMO.

Plus, he has an awesome name >_>

Edited by AD

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt seem like Jamal will have alot of value right now most of the teams that are pursuing him already have a back or can get one in the draft(Cleveland) so I am intrested to see where he ends up, heck what if Cleveland got both. Obviously unlikely if they got one they wouldnt get the other but there would be no RB problems in Cleveland anymore in that instance.

It would likely open the door to either takeing Joe Thomas and improving the OLine even more or trading down a couple spots and taking Quinn if we got Lewis, since it seems like the Browns are looking hard at Quinn, wheather that is a smoke screen or not who knows.

Edited by Green Demon

Jamal Lewis reached agreement with Cleveland on a one-year deal Wednesday night. That one one-year deal could have enormous effects on the entire NFL landscape. Now, Baltimore needs another running back to replace Jamal Lewis. Now, Buffalo running back Willis McGahee could wind up being traded to Baltimore as early as Thursday. Now, Buffalo will need another running back, and it is looking at Dominic Rhodes, Chris Brown and Corey Dillon. Now, with another back in Cleveland, the Browns could opt to shy away from Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson and instead turn to Notre Dame Brady Quinn. One signing in Cleveland altered the landscape for a bunch of players and teams.

The Denver Broncos signed free-agent QB Patrick Ramsey to a two-year, $4.5 million contract.

The New Orleans Saints have signed free agent tight end Eric Johnson to a one-year contract worth about $2 million.

The Falcons have signed free agent CB Lewis Sanders to a two-year contract that includes a $700,000 signing bonus.

The Ravens cut eight-year veteran guard Edwin Mulitalo, and designated him a post-June 1 salary-cap casualty, meaning they take only a partial salary cap hit now.

The Green Bay Packers cut former Pro Bowl fullback William Henderson.

The Redskins cut 10-year veteran kicker John Hall.

The St. Louis Rams re-signed veteran offensive tackle Todd Steussie.

Oakland free agent quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo visited the Carolina Panthers, who need a new backup quarterback now that they've cut Chris Weinke.

New York Jets free agent center Wade Smith visited the Denver Broncos.

Jacksonville free agent safety Deon Grant visited the Seattle Seahawks.

Kansas City free agent offensive tackle Jordan Black visited the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Philadelphia free agent wide receiver Donte Stallworth visited the Tenneesee Titans.

Detroit free agent cornerback Jamar Fletcher visited the Tennessee Titans.

Indianapolis free agent safety Mike Doss is scheduled to visit Tampa Bay on Thursday.

Cant say that I am dissapointed that Lewis is coming here, he may not be at the level that he once was at but he is still a good power running back and it is only a one year deal so it is sorta a low risk high reward type of deal altough not totally sure what we are paying him. Opens the door for the Browns to trade away/realase Drouguns since I think he was reportedly wanting a restructure deal or something like that.

In terms of the draft now for the Browns it is really up in the air, they have a solid RB now but he has had some injury problems so Adrian Peterson isnt totally out of the question as they would have a really solid 2 back group if they did that. But of course if they wanted to improve at other postions they are probably looking hard at Joe Thomas now if he falls to us at #3 to shore up the line even more. If Thomas is gone and we dont want to take AP then the Browns probably trade down to around 7-9 and get some picks and take Quinn. This move for the Browns gives me even more intrest to see what happens the rest of the FA period and the draft as well.

Free-agent WR Kevin Curtis is scheduled to visit the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday after he finishes up with the New York Giants.

The Philadelphia Eagles have signed free-agent wide receiver Bethel Johnson to a one-year contract.

Free-agent WR Joe Horn signed with the Atlanta Falcons.

And now, if I'm Cleveland, I'm on the horn to Buffalo immediately. "Say, would you be interested in one practically mint-condition #3 pick with which you can take one slightly dinged-up stud running back from Oklahoma? Only cost you your first and, say, third or fourth."