Brotherhood

Guest Ringmaster

Guest Ringo Hates Divers

Who's watching? I don't think it's aired yet in the US, but it's just finishing up in Canada. It's fucking awesome. It's got awesome storylines, swerves, great acting, awesome characters and violence. This could be a keeper.

I'm so there next week.

I watched it last week on Demand and I thought it was great. I liked Jason Issac from The Patriot (where I am probably like the only one who liked that movie), so I watched it for that reason plus it being about the Irish Mafia. This is probably Showtime's best show to date, in my opinion.

The forman saying "nigger, nigger, nigger" until the guy bashed his head in with the shovel was a great way to start the show.

Edited by Fitzy

• 1 month later...
Guest This is classic Ringy

Watch this show, you bastards. Watch it. :@

Michael Caffee is as good as Robert DeNiro. Tommy Caffee is just awesome as a corrupt politician. Annabeth Gish does awesome as a cokehead wife. And the storylines are awesome.

This really feels like early Sopranos to me, except I love that there's a more human side to it. The episode where Michael has to take care of the Russians is a perfect example of this.

Just an awesome show all around and if it gets cancelled, I'll cry :(

Tommy Caffee is fucking awesome. He's a politician who's in the hands of organized labour. That's way better than someone in the hands of the corporate scum. And plus he does all that underhanded shit that we usually find out 50 years after people die. And he looks like Tommy Douglas. If they teamed up, they could take over the world.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tommy Caffee, because he's completely subtle. A friend watching the show with me for the first time a few eps back didn't even realize he was corrupt.

But Michael is the motherfucking bitchmaster. Literally the most badass character on any show running right now.

And I must praise the scene a few eps back where they play Heroin by the Velvet Underground as one of the most awesomest use of music this year bar How To Save a Life in Scrubs.

REJOICE!

Showtime Keeps 'Brotherhood'

Well-regarded drama gets a 10-episode second season

Zap2It.com

September 19 2006

Showtime has decided that the virtues of "Brotherhood" warrant at least another season.

According to the industry trade papers, low-ish ratings weren't enough to doom the Rhode Island-set drama. Showtime has ordered up a 10-episode second season in advance of its Sunday (Sept. 24) season finale.

Jason Clarke and Jason Isaacs star as brothers ruling Providence from both sides of the law, one working as a politician, the other as a gangster. The brutally violent drama earned strong reviews for Showtime and drew 454,000 in its first week, only to see those figures drop dramatically over the series run.

Because Showtime keeps its viewership figures close to the vest, it's difficult to get a perspective on just how low the show's average viewership of 241,000 per week actually is. That figure doesn't include on-demand or multiplex viewership, nor the audience that watches "Brotherhood" in any of its secondary airings.

"Brotherhood" got extra exposure in July when the premiere episode aired on Viacom sibling CBS and drew more than 3 million viewers.

The last two episodes of this season have leaked, at least I think they're last two, and holy motherfucking shitcock, if I you haven't been watching this show, do it right now, because that last episode is probably one of the best things I've seen on TV this year.

Guest The Ringy Complex

Apparently the DVD for season one is out next week, which is odd given that the show ends next week too. But it only costs 20 bucks on Amazon, so I expect everyone to buy at least two or three.