For fans of the Germs, or old school hardcore

VerbalPuke

First off, an old friend dropped me this link to this documentary about early American hardcore punk. It looks great in my opinion as it doesn't look to be focusing on the popular groups. It looks like they will look at stuff like Black Flag, Bad Brains, the Circle Jerks, and Minor Threat, but also focus on lesser knowns like the Abused, D.O.A., Big Boys, Gang Green, Wasted Youth, and much more. It looks like it could be the modern era's Decline of Western Civilization.

American Hardcore Trailer

Moving on, the next piece of film of interest is titled "What we do is secret". The long awaited Darby Crash biography translated to film. The trailer can be found at youtube if you search for the film's title, but I'm not sure what the rules are for posting youtube links. Anyway, the trailer to me seems a little hoaky and may npot capture the true Darby Crash personality. First of all, it looks as if they are completely ignoring the fact that he was known as Bobby Pynn before being known as Darby Crash. My first impression was that they are making it a sort of teeny bopper punk rock movie, like The Baby Sitters Club meets Suburbia. I'll hold my judgement until I see the movie, but I don't know how they will portray Darby Crash. The trailer almost seems like he's portrayed as a sweet but self destructive personality. Instead he should be shown as a brilliant mastermind capable of manipulating people with his sheer intelligence. Hopefully the soundtrack is good atleast.