My First Banner...

So here's the story. I'm on my cousin's computer and notice he has Paint Shop Pro installed. Now I've always wanted to learn how to design but never had the program nor patience. So in the midst of boredom, I open it up and start toying around with it. The following is the result of said toying around and I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Obviously, for the first time with no help from a tutorial or anything...I thought it turned out okay. Certainly could get better, but eh...I wasn't aiming for perfection.

Untitled.jpg

Lay it on me... ^_^

not bad, i understand you were trying to make the border look good and all, but one of the most important rules in graphics making is never to cover the text, the "S" in "sting" is covered up by the border which ruins the banner. other than that not bad, i've tried using psp and had a hard time with my first try so not bad man, you got potential.