World Wrestling Entertainment

Guest Wentworth

Guest Wentworth

(OOC: The ECW/RAW/SmackDown! reports have been canned. EWR results will now be posted in the show's capacity.)

IPB Image

ECW On Sci-Fi

From the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts

Attendance: 8,030

Announcers: Joey Styles & Tazz

ECW opened without a video from last week's match between Rob Van Dam and Kurt Angle which was interrupted by Raven, who made his return to ECW by attacking both Van Dam and Kurt Angle.

Joey Styles: "Welcome fans to E-C-W! I'm your broadcasting host, Joey Styles and this here is my broadcast partner, the ECW legend himself, Tazz! Tonight will no doubt be a crazy one, right Tazz?"

Tazz: "Oh no doubt about it Joey, tonight is gonna be off the charts. I mean how mad is Paul Heyman gonna be that DX ran him down on ECW, in his own house?"

Styles: "I don't know, but I do know that Paul has already taken action! Paul has already BANNED DX from ever returning to ECW again! And Paul has said that DX, or any WWE superstars for that matter, that intrude on ECW's territory, will by fired, as ordered by Vince McMahon, chairman of the WWE!"

Tazz: "Joey, Joey, quit talking 'bout DX, and more about ECW! I mean, tonight we got some great matches for the fans!"

Styles: "Well yeah, I guess we certainly do! Rob Van Dam will take on Test in the main event, Chuck Palumbo will make his ECW debut against Stevie Richards, and the newly formed Blood Lust, the team of David Heath and Kevin Thorn, will take on Tommy Dreamer & the Sandman! Let's just hope Heyman doesn't get involved and ruin things again."

As Joey and Tazz continue speaking of the ruthless ECW dictator, the man himself makes his way to the ring, sporting a black eye. Heyman steps in his ring with a dark look on his face, his security force in tow.

Paul Heyman: "EVERYONE SHUT THE HELL UP RIGHT NOW."

The ECW General Manager's opening statement is welcomed by a chorus of booing, as he looks around in disgust.

Paul Heyman: "Last week, I was insulted. I was insulted in front of my people, and in front of ECW. When Triple H ran his tactics last week, he didn't hurt me. He provoked me. Hunter provoked me to ban all WWE involvement in ECW. And it will be that way for as long as I see fit. No longer will a WWE superstar taint the home of the hardcore. No longer will you see the likes of Kane, Batista, or any other ECW wannabes on this program. ECW is for the extreme only. That of course, is why I am out here. I'm here to talk about the coveted ECW Heavyweight Championship, currently held by the Big Show. You see, for Unforgiven, and all other WWE Pay-Per-View events, Vince McMahon has given me the permission to host two ECW-brand matches. One of them, will be a match for the ECW Heavyweight Championship. In one corner, it will be the seven-foot, five-hundred pound monster, the ECW Heavyweight Champion of the world, the Big Show! And his opponent, will be none other than 'Mr. Money In The Bank', Rob Van Dam! Yes, you heard me. I will give the very man I screwed over for the championship, RVD, a shot at redemption. However, this match will not be under the 'Extreme Rules' category, so Rob Van Dam will have to rely on his pure wrestling ability to win this match. Oh, and one other thing. If Rob Van Dam loses this match, he'll be much worse than suspended. He'll be FIRED."

Heyman scans through the crowd with his cold and hard stare, then leaves the ring with his security, confident in his actions.

(82%)

Styles: "Wow Tazz! RVD vs. Big Show at Unforgiven! And if RVD loses, he's gone!"

Tazz: "Yikes! The term 'do-or-die' will really have meaning for Van Dam at Unforgiven."

Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman vs. Blood Lust

The duo of Kevin Thorn and David Heath make their debut as a team in this one, with Heath also making his ECW debut. Hard kicks from Heath to the ECW vet, Tommy Dreamer to start the contest. Dreamer fights back though, and hits a hard suplex on his vampiric opponent before tagging to the Sandman. Sandy comes in, sans the cane, as the match is not under Extreme Rules. Two clotheslines later and Heath is really on the negative end of this tilt, as Sandman has full control. Heath misses a boot on the former five-time ECW Heavyweight Champion, and gets a neckbreaker for his troubles. Heath retreats to his corner and tags in Kevin Thorn. Thorn rushes Sandman but its no use, as Sandman just drops Thorn with an elbow. Sandman hits a stalling piledriver on Thorn, and then makes the cover, but he only gets a two count.

Sandman brings Thorn into his corner, and tags in Dreamer. The two begin some double team work, as both men apply their boots to the stomach of Thorn. Sandman is then forced out of the ring by the referee. Dreamer tries suplexing his larger enemy, and it fails, as Thorn switches the attempt and ends up being the one to suplex Dreamer. Thorn then hits a vicious half-nelson slam on the ECW original, and makes the cover- 1, 2, Dreamer gets a shoulder up at the last second. Thorn hits a tilt-a-whirl slam on Dreamer in the dead center of the ring, and then applies a modified choke-hold on him. Dreamer gags while Thorn relentlessly applies pressure, but Dreamer is saved eventually when Thorn is forced off of Dreamer by the referee. Thorn then tags in David Heath, who immediately lifts Dreamer to his feet and sets him down again with the Implant DDT! Dreamer looks to be out of it, and Heath makes the cover, but the Sandman comes to his partner's aid, breaking up the pin count. Thorn also gets in the ring to even the sides, and he and Sandman end up fighting on the outside, while Dreamer and Heath do battle on the inside.

Dreamer is still on the losing side of the battle, as Heath batters him around the ring effortlessly. After hitting two straight brainbusters on Dreamer, Heath opts to strangle Tommy Dreamer instead of pinning him. After a lengthy show of brutality, the referee suddenly calls for the bell, disqualifying Blood Lust! Heath can't believe it as Dreamer's limp arm is raised in victory.

Heath and Thorn do not take well to their loss. After smashing Sandman's face on the guard railing, Thorn throws the ECW vet into the ring and he lies adjacent with his partner. Thorn and Heath look at one another, and then lift the two men up, with Heath having Dreamer in his clutches, and Thorn having Sandman by the neck. The pair of Dreamer and Sandman are effectively put out as Dreamer is hit with the Implant DDT, and Sandman gets blown up with the Crucific Powerbomb! Dreamer and Sandman are in ruins as the team of Blood Lust stands in triump over their wrecked bodies.

Winners, via DQ: Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman

(67%, 61%, 73%)

Styles: "That's just sick. These two 'vampires' sicken me Tazz. When ECW returns, we'll hear from the one and only, Raven, and what he thinks about ECW!"

ECW heads to a commercial break, and the ad for RVD vs. The Big Show at Unforgiven is put up, somewhat quickly.

ECW makes it's way back onto the air with Raven standing in the ring looking around at the fans, who are all chanting his name. He has a face of no emotion, as he absorbs the energy of the fans.

Raven: "Fear the Raven, nevermore. Ever since ECW's demise five years past, I have lived a life of sorrow. I no longer had a home to go to. I wallowed around in the WWE, but I found little success compared to my days in ECW. And this is why I have returned. I have returned to inflict pain, to be inflicted with] pain, and to win the ECW Heavyweight Champion. And I don't care if I have to beat the Big Show, Rob Van Dam, or Andre The Giant's mother to do so. So this is my message to the boys in the back- Raven has returned, and he's out for blood."

The 'RAVEN' chants are now deafening, as Raven stands in the ring in suspended amazement. After a few moments Rob Van Dam's music begins to play, and the #1 Contender for the ECW Heavyweight Championship charges the ring soon after, going right at it with Raven! RVD tries to hit a spin kick on Raven, but Raven ducks and then sets him straight with the Raven Effect! RVD is left on the mat motionless, as Raven stares at him coldly. Raven then delivers his signature pose, and as he did last week, leaves through the crowd.

(75%)

Styles: "Did you hear that Tazz? Raven wants the ECW Heavyweight Championship!"

Tazz: "Of course that's what he wants, you bozo! The ECW title is every extremist's dream!"

Styles: "That's probably true. Alright, coming up next, we'll see Chuck Palumbo making his ECW debut against Stevie Richards!"

Chuck Palumbo vs. Stevie Richards

Richards and Palumbo are quick to shake eachother's hands, before locking up in the middle of the ring. Palumbo shoves Richards into the corner, and then makes a quick attempt to hoist him on the top rope. Stevie's experience over Palumbo prevails, as Richards flips over Palumbo's back and then makes an attempt at a rollup. He fails, however, as Palumbo kicks out at the count of two. Richards then eagerly tries to suplex Palumbo, but his attempt is blocked and he ends up eating a DDT. Palumbo's turn to cover, but like Richards, he is unable to secure victory, as Richards easily kicks out. Palumbo applies the body-scissors submission on Richards, trying to weaken him gradually with the hold. Richards narrowly escapes submitting to the former F.B.I. member, and then climbs to the top rope. Palumbo isn't able to formulate a counter-attack in time, and thus, he is hit with a cross-body splash from Richards. Richards tries to make the cover, but Palumbo rolls through and ends up on top! Palumbo hooks a leg and the referee counts, 1...2...Richards escapes defeat, only just barely though.

Palumbo and Richards are both on their feet circling one another, before Palumbo makes his move. He clotheslines the former 22-time WWE Hardcore Champion to the mat, and then drops his weight on him with a splash. Palumbo then brings Richards to his feet and hits a bulldog, and tries to pin him again. This time, he only gets a one count from the referee. Not pleased with this, Palumbo tries to roll the 187 on Stevie, but Stevie lands out of it and hits the Stevie Kick! Palumbo is sent backwards but not off of his feet, so Stevie tries to hit him with a shoulder block, but Palumbo sidesteps him. Palumbo then takes advantage of Stevie's disorientation, and rolls him up, and grabs hold onto the ropes for good measure! Unknowingly, referee Mike Posey makes the three count, giving Palumbo the underhanded win.

Winner: Chuck Palumbo

Wanting no part of Stevie Richards, Palumbo skips his post match triump with the referee and slides out of the ring and escapes to the stage, as Richards looks at him in anger, obviously aware that he was cheated.

(71%, 63%, 79%)

Styles: "Well, it didn't take long for Palumbo to show his true colours. What a wimp."

Tazz: "A dirty win is a win."

The cameras cut backstage, where a room in complete darkness is showcased. After a few seconds, a light switch is pulled, and the room is illuminated, revealing none other than Kurt Angle, who is sitting on a stool in the middle of the lockerroom.

Kurt Angle: "Tonight, Kurt Angle, your freakin' Olympic Medalist got shafted. Forgotten about, tossed into the wind, left to be rot, without anything but an interview segment. Well, with the time I have tonight, I'm going to make things very clear. Tonight, I made sure that it would be the first and last time I was left off the show. I went straight to Paul Heyman and got myself a match. Sure, I might not be in the main event tonight, but I will be next week. What match, you might ask? A Steel Cage Match, against the homicidal, suicidal, genocidal, death-defying, Sabu. And I'm going to go red, white and blue on his Arabian ass. Oh it's true, it's damn true."

Kurt Angle remains sitting on the stool with a piercing look in his eyes, as the camera view fades away.

(100%)

Styles: "Oh, oh my god. Kurt Angle vs. Sabu in a....cage match? That spells disaster!"

Tazz: "That's going to be something, I'll tell you that."

Styles: "Up next after the break folks, is our main event. Rob Van Dam, the newly named #1 Contender for the ECW Heavyweight Champion, will take on Test in one-on-one action!

Rob Van Dam vs. Test

Test begins the match with his former Alliance cohort by showcasing his strength, as he quickly picks Van Dam up and lifts him over his head, and then throws him down on to the canvas. Rob Van Dam gasps for air as the impact obviously took what oxygen he had. Test grabs RVD by the hair and throws him face first into the turnbuckle, and tries to hit a clothesline to RVD's backside, but he is instead surprised by the former WWE/ECW Champion as RVD turns around and kicks Test in the jaw, sending him stumbling backwards. RVD quickly leaps onto the top turnbuckle and then comes off with a flying kick! This kick easily takes Test off of his feet, which prompts Van Dam to cover. He does so, but Test gets a shoulder off of the canvas at the count of two. RVD hits a standing moonsault on Test and covers again, but he fails to pickup an early victory. Van Dam brings Test to his feet and then tries a spin kick on him, but Test ducks. However, Test is still outsmarted as RVD then sweeps Test's feet from under him, once again putting him on the mat. Rob Van Dam then scurries to the top rope and signals for the Five Star Frog Splash, but before flight he alertly notices that Test has gotten to his feet. RVD changes his flight course and tries to nail Test with a cross-body, but it fails, as Test catches him, and hits a monsterous sidewalk slam! Test makes the cover, but RVD escapes defeat at the count of two.

Test hits some hard knees to the gut of the longest-reigning ECW Television Champion in history, before hitting a backbreaker and then making another pin attempt. RVD kicks out of this one as well. Test is growing impatient with RVD, so he begins working harder to achieve a victory. Test throws RVD violently into the turnbuckle, and then begins using his boot to drive RVD's head into the corner, nearly suffocating him. After being backed off of RVD by the referee, Test grabs RVD and hits a high-end backdrop, followed by two consecutive suplexes. Test grabs Van Dam, who's body is now resembling somewhat of a car wreck, and hoists him on his shoulders. Test makes a 360º turn and attempts to throw RVD off of his shoulders, but the agile superstar lands behind him and hits a reverse DDT in an instant! RVD seizes the opportunity to cover, as he hooks Test's leg. Referee Mickie Henson makes the count, 1....2....Test props a shoulder up. RVD is disappointed with the result, but he still continues to battle Test, as he drags him into the corner and then quickly hits the split-legged moonsault! RVD opts not to make the cover this time, he instead positions Test by the ropes, and then goes to the opposite side of the ring. RVD then runs towards Test and then rolls into a somersault, and then jumps to his feet a foot short of Test, and then delivers his signature 'R-V-D' pose, before hitting a spinning leg drop on Test. RVD covers, but Test still finds enough strength within to kick out.

Test reverses an RVD suplex attempt to regain control of the match. At this time, Test hits a stalling suplex on RVD, and then tries for the Big Boot. However, RVD ducks the attempt, causing Test to get hits leg caught in the ropes! RVD quickly capitalizes on the situation and jabs at Test with rights and lefts, and then suplexes him back into the ring. RVD hits a bulldog on his larger opponent, and then ascends to the top rope, and takes off, hitting Test with the Five Star Frog Splash! RVD holds his stomach in pain, but he doesn't waste his time as he covers Test, as the referee makes the count: 1........2........referee Mickie Henson is pulled out of the ring by the Big Show! Henson immediately calls for the bell as the Big Show gets in the ring and gets a hold of RVD, strapping his monsterous hand around his throat. RVD goes for the ride, as he is FLATTENED with a Choke Slam by the Big Show. Rob Van Dam may have won the match, but he is definitely not in good territory as Show closes in on him once again...

Winner, via DQ: Rob Van Dam

To add insult to injury, Test has gotten back to his feet, as he and the Big Show draw closer to the wounded animal that is Rob Van Dam. They look to strike, but suddenly the crowd erupts in a frenzy. Test and the Big Show both turn around to see what has caused the reaction, and they find that Raven has appeared, steel chair in hand! Both men have little time to react as Raven hits both of them with a steel chair! The Big Show gets up for a second helping, and he gets it, as Raven hits him clean across the forehead with the folded steel. RVD slowly gets up, and looks at Raven in confusion.

(76%, 72%, 80%)

Styles: "What is this? Raven has saved Rob Van Dam from certain destruction! Could this be the first sign of an alliance against the empire of Paul Heyman?"

ECW goes off of the air amongst a rabid crowd chanting 'E-C-W' louder than ever, as Raven and Rob Van Dam stare at each other puzzingly.

Overall: 78%

Nielsen Rating: 3.44

Attendance: 8,030

Ticket Sales: $321,220

Guest Wentworth

WWE Announces Holiday Schedule

Much speculation has formed regarding how the WWE Schedule will play out during the 2006 holiday season, with the final Monday (the day RAW is held) being Christmas Day. The schedule has been finalized, and will go as follows: After Armageddon (A RAW PPV this year), which is on December 17th, 2006, the final (live) RAW of the year will air on December 18th, and the final SmackDown! will air on December 22nd, 2006. After both of these shows, the cameras will keep rolling, and so that following week's RAW and SmackDown! can be taped. RAW and SmackDown! will air on the USA Network for one time only on Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, and will not be either recap or tribute to the troop shows. The January 1st, 2007 edition of RAW will instead will take place the following day, Tuesday, January 2nd. From that point, the WWE schedule will return to normal. Expect all of the RAW storylines set up for the Armageddon pay-per-view to last until at least the January 2nd show, or perhaps even until the new year's Royal Rumble, as there is only a 20 day period between Survivor Series and Armageddon.

It has been widely speculated that sometime in July of next year, presumeably at the beginning of the month, that the RAW & SmackDown! brands will be re-drafted completely. This is a far amount of time away, but it nevertheless would be a huge change in the WWE.

Edited by Wentworth

Guest Wentworth

IPB Image

WWE Friday Night SmackDown! Preview - 09/15/06

When we last saw SmackDown! on the airwaves, we were left with a look of shock on our faces, after the World Heavyweight Champion, Batista, used the Tombstone Piledriver on the man who made it famous, the Undertaker. The Animal ousted the Deadman from the ring after a series of words from the two opponents. But perhaps was the biggest moment of the night, was the confirmation of a collision course between these men! The Undertaker made the challenge, and Batista accepted it, so it has been deemed official by SmackDown! General Manager Theodore Long. At No Mercy, the Undertaker will battle Batista, for the World Heavyweight Championship! Batista has faced the best of best in his reigns as champion, but will be able to overcome this challenge?

We may get a glimpse of Batista's fighting form on SmackDown!, as he will take on William Regal in the night's main event. With after what took place last week, you'd expect that the Undertaker will be in the capacity of the DCU Center. Will the Deadman get revenge? Or will the World Heavyweight Champion show that he is superior once more?

Also, a note of interest last week, was the match that took place between Finlay and Booker T in the main event. After a hard fought battle between the two, Booker T appeared to have the upperhand, until his wife, Sharmell, accidentally cost Booker T the contest! This enraged Booker, who has been on a downward spiral since his title defeat at Summerslam. An irate Booker T looked for no apologies, he simply hit the Scissors Kick on Sharmell, laying her out flat! Finlay was shown watching Booker from the rampway in disgust. It is unclear if Finlay will say something about Booker T's battery, but he isn't one to stand down from agression! Will these two collide once more on Friday? Tune in at 7/6c to find out!

In other action, Sylvester Terkay will take on Brian Kendrick. Last week, Terkay brutally attacked Rey Mysterio after their non-title match which Terkay lost by disqualification due to an illegal hold. Terkay beat Rey to the point of medical attention, and then showed no remorse for his actions! Will the WWE United States Champion respond to Terkay's violence?

All of this and more comes to live from the DCU Center in Worcester, so don't miss a second of the action, starting at 7/6c on the final UPN broadcast!

Confirmed Matches:

William Regal vs. Batista

Sylvester Terkay vs. Brian Kendrick

• 10 months later...