WCW - The New Millenium

The world of wrestling was definitely at war. The World Wrestling Federation (WWF) was firmly on top of the North American industry. With such superstars as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, and Mick Foley, the WWF was a force to be reckoned with. Owned by Vincent K. McMahon, the company stood atop the Monday Night War battles and was not looking back.

World Championship Wrestling (WCW), owned by Ted Turner, was the other major player in the wrestling business. It was headlined by wrestlers like Bret Hart, Sting, Goldberg, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair. The WCW was plagued by backstage politics and issues, but it would come to a complete turn-around as the new millenium approached. January 1st, 2000 would prove to be a turning point in not only WCW's history, but wrestling's history....

January 1st, 2000 - Ted Turner calls a press conference in Atlanta, Georgia with news of a major announcement that will shock and aid the world of wrestling! The transcript from the press conference was released today.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining me here today.  I have major news that should prove to be a turning point in the history of World Championship Wrestling.  It is no secret that the World Wrestling Federation has been dominating the Monday Night viewing audiences.  Also, the WWF's Pay-Per-Views have had much more success lately than we have.  But as the owner of WCW, I have taken it upon myself to make a drastic change.  Things have not been going nearly as well as they should be lately.  I have approached this with an open mind.  I am not only looking out for the business side of the company, but also the fans and what they would like to see.  I have indeed done a huge change that will hopefully renew interest in the World Championship Wrestling product and shake up the wrestling industry just a bit.  This change began about three months ago, when I began getting in contact with various wrestling promoters across the United States.  There were plenty of deals that fell through, but I did manage to make a deal with one of the major promoters in the US.  Paul Heyman, of Extreme Championship Wrestling, gave me a chance and listened to what I had to say.  This business venture could be the biggest in the history of wrestling.  Basically, I have completed a buyout of Extreme Championship Wrestling and its wrestlers.  But, I have also given a good amount of control to Paul Heyman, the former promoter.  He will have a major say in the storylines, angles, and gimmicks in the new World Championship Wrestling.  There have been a great deal of ECW wrestlers who were signed to WCW contracts, but some have decided not to take part in the New Era of WCW.  I would like to invite everyone here and around the United States to tune in to WCW to see the New Millenium of WCW!"

WCW Purchases ECW!!

Today, it was announced that WCW has purchased the rights to the ECW name, logos, wrestlers, and more!  The roster of WCW has grown quite a bit as many of the former ECW wrestlers have joined up with WCW.  But some have decided to stay on the independent scene.  Below is a list of wrestlers who are still available for independent bookings after the WCW/ECW merger :

Balls Mahoney

Bilvis Wesley

Elektra

Jack Victory

Jason

Judge Jeff Jones

Lou E. Dangerously

Roadkill

Scotty Anton

Spanish Angel

Tony DeVito

Vic Grimes

The World Championship Wrestling offices were not available for questions regarding the future storylines of the company itself, but many believe that the past storylines will be scrapped to make way for what is now being called The New Millenium of World Championship Wrestling!  It all begins Monday on Nitro at 8:00 PM!

--------------------------------------------------------

A little note from the author - Hope none of yall are too sad that the WWF 2000 Comedy Diary won't be continuing. I was already having second thoughts about it and the board switch didn't really help. I'm sure it won't be missed too much, and hopefully everybody will give this one a chance. Might give out a roster, or I might go straight to Nitro. Either way, I hope you enjoy and comments are always welcome.

WCW Monday Nitro

January 3rd, 2000

The first Monday Nitro of the "New Millenium" begins here tonight as the pyro explodes and we see clips of various World Championship Wrestling Superstars posing, fighting, or talking. We then cut to the announce booth who say they have two huge announcements. The first is our Main Event, which is Randy Savage taking on Ric Flair. The second announcement is that Bret Hart, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, has announced his retirement from the ring. He will be here tonight to let everyone know what he plans on doing with his title. Before anything else can happen, the Extreme Championship Wrestling theme plays over the loudspeaker. The fans give it a mixed reaction. Some are aware of the buyout and some seem to be totally confused. A short, fat man with a ponytail walks out from the back wearing a plain, black hat that says "ECW" on it. He walks with a swagger towards the ring. He already has a microphone in hand.

Paul Heyman - Let me have everyone's attention for just a few moments. I am here to make the single biggest announcement in the history of wrestling! You all come here each week to see your stars. To see Sting, Hulk Hogan, Goldberg...well, that is all about to change. I won't take anything away from those guys, they are good. But I am here to introduce you to some people that are GREAT. An entire different group of guys that maybe some of you haven't heard of, but most of you have. It all began in Philadelphia. It was just a dream to be the biggest and best. Well, the dream was Extreme Championship Wrestling. It wasn't too much, but it did its job. ECW was going somewhere. Until I get a call. I get a request to have just some of these stars hop onto the WCW roster. Well, I couldn't do that. I knew what was best for me...and what was best for my wrestlers. So, I made a deal with the man upstairs, Ted Turner. I told Teddy we had a deal, if I could get some control of WCW. He was real reluctant at first, that's for sure. But with a guy like me, he really couldn't resist. So, I'm here to introduce you all to a new form of wrestling - the ECW form of wrestling! Tonight, you might not know some of these guys. But I can guarantee that you will go home with names like Rob Van Dam, Rhino, Sabu, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, and Jerry Lynn on your minds. And that's all you'll think about...all your care about. These guys are the legends of Extreme! And you all owe me nothing but grattitude. Because, honestly, you guys probably don't deserve half of these wrestlers. But I am here...not for you, but for me! And for every wrestler that has ever stepped foot in the ECW Arena! So...how exactly do I plan on making an impact? It's quite simple. You see, I have some booking power here in WCW, and I have a major match to make. Now, of course, everyone knows the Main Event is Ric Flair versus Randy Savage, and that's not going to change. But I have another huge match to make right here tonight! Tonight, two of my brightest stars will take on two of WCW's top performers. In one corner, we will have Rob Van Dam and Sabu......and they will take on......The Outsiders, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash! And if you think that is the only major thing happenning tonight, you are wrong. I want to warn everyone, if you aren't ready for Extreme, you might want to leave, because tonight is the first night of the ECW Revolution!

Paul Heyman now walks off to the back, leaving half of the fans in anticipation and the other half in worry over how things will turn out. He finally exits the view of the audience and we are then given Madusa's music as the WCW Cruiserweight Championship walks out from the back.

Crowd Reaction - 86%

Paul Heyman gained overness from this segment.

Triangle Matchup

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Madusa © Vs. Super Crazy Vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri

Madusa is out first and she stands in the ring waiting on her opponents. Next out is an unfamiliar wrestler. It is the first glimpse of ECW on WCW television! Yoshihiro Tajiri comes out and he immediately starts yelling at some of the fans. This Japanese wrestler is strange in appearance to most passive fans, but he is sure to wow them once this matchup starts.

Super Crazy is the third and final competitor out. He gets the fans on his side by slapping some hands on the way down and showing a lot of charisma as he makes his way to the ring. The announcers point out that Super Crazy and Yoshihiro Tajiri know each other pretty well from ECW and that they have had some classic encounters. Maybe this match will show everyone what Extreme Championship Wrestling is all about?

The bell rings as the announcers point out that this is an Elimination Match so there will be two pinfalls. Super Crazy starts off going after Tajiri, but it doesn't last long. Yoshihiro Tajiri soon gets advantage on Super Crazy, eventually sending him to the outside of the ring. This leaves Tajiri and Madusa, who looks shocked, scared, nervous, and about everything else. She comes running at Tajiri and gets a huge kick to the gut. After bending over, she gets a kick to the back of the head. Tajiri looks like a hawk stalking his prey.

Before Tajiri can really dish out any punishment, Super Crazy is back in the ring and he hits a big dropkick on Tajiri. Tajiri rolls to the outside, and Crazy hits a baseball slide, sending Tajiri into the railing. Madusa then tries to attack Super Crazy from behind, but she gets bodyslammed for her troubles. Crazy follows this up with a trip to the top and hits a moonsault on Madusa that gets the fans into it. He stays on top to make the pin and eliminate Madusa in the process!

Tajiri is now back in the ring and these two go at it for a good amount of time. Neither of them can get much of an advantage until Tajiri hits a low blow on Super Crazy that actually gets some of the fans into the match. Tajiri then keeps Super Crazy down for a good amount of the match. But this couldn't last forever as Super Crazy ducks a clothesline and comes back with a flying crossbody. Crazy then goes to the top and hits a huge splash on Tajiri. He makes a pin, but Tajiri reverses it for a two count. Super Crazy then bounces off the ropes as Tajiri gets up and hits a hurricanrana that takes him right back down.

Super Crazy waits for Yoshihiro Tajiri to get back up and attempts another hurricanrana, but Tajiri reverses this and we see him somehow turn this into the Tarantula maneuver that uses the ropes. The referee breaks it up after about eight seconds. Super Crazy is down and Tajiri measures him up. He tosses him into the corner and hangs him upside down on the turnbuckle. He comes sliding in and hits him right in the jaw with his feet. Super Crazy rolls off and tries to stand up only to get the Kick of Death! Tajiri makes the pin and gets the three count to win the WCW Cruiserweight Championship!

Crowd Reaction - 55%

Match Quality - 74%

Overall Rating - 57%

Super Crazy debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response.

The Beast!!

We now cut to the back where we see a huge group of security guards holding back two men who are attempting to brawl. One man is cleary Randy Savage, The Macho Man! He is shouting and yelling at the other one who is someone new. Those ECW fans would recognize him as Rhino! The announcers are begging for answers and make a big deal out of finally getting some information on how this occurred. We are still watching security hold back The Macho Man and Rhino as the announcers say that this somehow occurred because Savage accussed Rhino and the ECW wrestlers as being the small-time players that try to make it in the big time and fail miserably. Apparently, Rhino took some offense to this and wanted to show Savage just how "small-time" he was. We cut to the ring as the brawl finally dies down.

Crowd Reaction - 75%

Tag Team Matchup

WCW Tag Team Championship

Harlem Heat 2K Vs. The Filthy Animals

Harlem Heat 2K's music starts up as Stevie Ray and Big T make their way to the ring. The announcers point out that the Tag Team Titles have been vacated and we want to crown a new championship team tonight. Stevie Ray and Big T get hardly any heat but no one seems to be cheering them. They yell at some of the fans ringside as they finally get in the ring and await their opponents.

Billy Kidman and Rey Misterio, Jr. are out to a decent reaction, but nothing special. Misterio looks fired up and Kidman looks...well...like Kidman. They get in the ring as Misterio attempts to get the fans interested. Kidman starts out against Big T as the bell rings to start the match.

Kidman tries to fight Big T, but he can't get much offense in. This is a shame, too, as Big T uses his very basic brawling skills to keep Kidman down. For about two minutes, we see Kidman on the recieving end of the punishment. Finally, Kidman makes the tag and a hot Rey Misterio comes flying into the ring, bringing some charisma and speed to the matchup. Misterio goes right at Big T and eventually makes him tag out to Stevie Ray. Misterio goes against this bigger man with no fear, hitting some dropkicks to his knees to slow him down. He even hits a Springboard Moonsault to get a close two count.

The match is actually becoming interesting when we see two strange figures coming down to the ring. One is dressed in some red tights and the other is wearing blue jean shorts. The one wearing red tights looks clean cut while the other is bald and looks a little tougher. They get in the ring and go straight after both people there. Each hits a Superkick at the same time, one on Stevie Ray and the other on Rey Misterio, Jr. Kidman and Big T try to come in, but they get Superkicks as well. Misterio tries to come back in from the top rope, but he is caught by the man in blue jeans. His partner lifts him up and they hit a double-powerbomb on the fearless cruiserweight. They are actually getting some heat now as they finally clear the ring and all four of the match's competitors lay out on the outside.

Crowd Reaction - 67%

Match Quality - 69%

Overall Rating - 61%

Making An Impact!!

The two new wrestlers stay in the ring and get a microphone. By now, those ECW fans will know these two wrestlers as Justin Credible and Lance Storm, The Impact Players!

Justin Credible - W-C-W. What a place, huh? I've spent some time in here. And I was smart, I left! World Championship Wrestling is a place for those people to sell-out. This is a place for those who don't know what real wrestling is. You can come here, pull some strings, and get World Title shots. That's ridiculous! And that ain't gonna happen no more. Because we got Paul Heyman, and we got some power. So, Lance, what should we do? We have everything we need.

Lance Storm - I have one idea. How about we get our titles on Thunder? We can talk to Paul and make it an open invitation to any and all tag teams that want to try to beat the best in the business. And that is what we are. So, in just a couple of days the challenge will go out.

Justin Credible - But Lance, I really doubt anyone will show up. Look at us? These people might actually know who we are.

Lance Storm - Well, we can only hope that they do not know of us. If they know our history, they probably won't want to get in the ring with us. But if they have no clue who we are, they will ignorantly step into the ring on Thunder. Either way, we will walk out the WCW Tag Team Champions.

With that, we head to a commercial as some of the fans are actually starting to show interest in the ECW product by booing The Impact Players.

Crowd Reaction - 69%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

World Title - Vacated!!

We come back to Nitro to hear Bret Hart's music and see the World Heavyweight Champion make his way down to the ring. He is holding his strap on his shoulder and the fans get on to him a good bit as he slowly walks to the ring, wearing his leather jacket. He gets in the ring and is handed a microphone.

Bret Hart - Ya know...tonight may be the hardest day of my life. Honestly, I have given my entire life to this sport and it is so hard to come out here knowing that when I leave, I will be done. Love me or hate me, I ask that you all respect me right now. Coming into WCW, I was like a goldfish being fed to the sharks. I had no clue if I could really stand up and be something in this company. But I think I proved to myself and everyone else that I could. I attained my highest goal, the World Heavyweight Championship. You people might not know, but that is one of the greatest feelings I've ever had. But it has come at a price. Sometimes waking up in the morning is painful. It's painful to wrestle. It's painful to sleep at night and play with my kids. And I have to look at the grand scheme of things and realize that this isn't worth it. I want to be the father that can play with his kids. The way things are going, it isn't going to be like that. So, I have to look at the big picture. And what a better way to go out, on top of the business...I would like to vacate my World Heavyweight Championship. I think it is best for me...no, I know that this is for the best. And as of today, I am officially done with wrestling.

As if on cue, Chris Benoit's music starts and the fans erupt. They give him a great reaction as he walks into the ring.

Chris Benoit - Bret, I just want to say that I think you are making a mistake. After your entire career, I think I know you well enough to say that you aren't a quitter. You aren't the kind of guy that gives up something. You want to win or lose, nothing in the middle. And I want to give you that chance. So, how about instead of just giving up that title, you lose that title to me this month. Sin is coming up and I'm challenging you for a match. You are welcome to retire after losing that belt to me.

Bret Hart looks a little shocked at this, but the fans react with applause and cheer Benoit for his bravery.

Bret Hart - Chris, you really don't understand. You are just like me. You want to get out there and compete. But I can't handle that burden anymore. I really have to just give it up. You can try to win it from someone else.

Chris Benoit - So that's it? Maybe you don't understand, Bret. These fans want to see me and you in the ring one last time. Why do you think these fans tune in every night? Because of guys like me and you. We are the reasons people tune in every Monday night. We make Monday night wrestling. And it really hurts me to see you just walk away. You might not have the guts to continue, but I will be here for the fans every Monday night to show them grattitude for paying to see me.

Bret Hart - I really wish I could, Chris...but it just isn't possible.

With that, Bret drops the mic and walks to the back. He looks a little pained to be doing this, but the fans actually give him a great ovation even after the past where he hasn't been a fan-favorite. Benoit just stands in the ring, watching him walk to the back. After Bret disappears to the curtains, Benoit walks the same path to the back.

Crowd Reaction - 87%

Singles Matchup

Tommy Dreamer Vs. Terry Funk

We are then given Terry Funk's music as he makes his way to the ring. The fans react just a little less than they did with Benoit/Hart. He shows a bit of charisma, but the wear and tear on his body is evident. He makes his way to the ring and waits for Tommy Dreamer. When Dreamer's music starts, the fans give him a mixed reaction. He walks with a serious look to the ring. He stands across from Funk and looks at him for a bit. The announcers point out that these two are very close personally and that Dreamer views Funk as a father figure. Dreamer extends his hand to Funk, who takes it! The bell then rings to start the match.

These two lockup immediately and any friendship is now turned into a willingness to fight and show up each other. These two put on a pretty good brawling match, but it is nothing compared to what they could be doing in ECW right now. Just remember, TNT won't allow the bloody battles ECW is used to putting on. The match is getting hot and the fans are actually showing appreciation for their brawling abilities, something passive fans don't do too much.

The end of the match comes when Dreamer looks to be on top. He has a Dragon Sleeper applied, but Funk battles his way out of it. Dreamer then bounces off the ropes only to recieve a clothesline from Funk. Funk then picks him up and hits a vicious backbreaker. He waits for Tommy Dreamer to get up and then hits a huge DDT that plants Dreamer to the canvas. He makes the pin and gets the three count. After the match, Funk helps Dreamer up and hugs him. The camera shows Funk saying "Welcome to WCW" as they hug. Dreamer holds up Funk's hand before they both exit to the back.

Crowd Reaction - 68%

Match Quality - 71%

Overall Rating - 62%

Tag Team Matchup

Rob Van Dam & Sabu Vs. The Outsiders

The ECW theme starts up after Dreamer and Funk leave and out comes Rob Van Dam, Sabu, and Bill Alfonso. The manager, Bill Alfonso, blows his whistle and looks pretty excited to be there, but he is always like that. Sabu looks all business and Van Dam plays to the crowd a bit, doing his fingerpoint as some of the fans chant "R-V-D" on cue. They make their way to the ring and both competitors stretch themselves on the ropes as they await The Outsiders.

The legendary tag team of The Outsiders comes out and Hall and Nash look pretty cocky. Hall does his strut to the ring as Nash fixes his hair a bit. They look to have no worries at all. They get in the ring and do some finger-pointing of their own, except this is directed at the two wrestlers across from them. Hall is in first against Sabu as the bell rings.

Sabu and Hall get close to each other, and Hall does his famous toothpick flicking into Sabu's face. This sets off Sabu, who was just looking for a reason to explode. He goes right at Hall and really has him on the ropes. Hall can't get any offense in at first as Sabu delivers some of his great moves including a handspring elbow that gets the fans into the match a bit more. After Hall gets a decent beating from Sabu, Nash is tagged in and the fans are up to see this.

Kevin Nash toys around with Sabu to start, hitting a Big Boot and a decent clothesline. Sabu is down after selling the moves pretty well. Nash stomps on him for a bit and it looks like trouble for the former ECW star. Nash then bodyslams him and tags in Hall.

Hall continues the beating of Sabu. Sabu has multiple attempts to make the hot tag to Van Dam, but Hall cuts him off. This continues for a good amount of time with Hall and Nash switching a couple of times. Finally, Kevin Nash is in and Sabu is really hurt. After getting thrown into the corner, Sabu makes one last effort to tag in Van Dam. Van Dam is in and the fans are in anticipation. Van Dam looks at Nash for a bit, and then turns around. He nails a dropkick on Sabu, who is already in pain.

The crowd erupts in boos as we see Sabu get a vicious beatdown from the three superstars. Van Dam tosses Sabu to Nash as Hall goes to the outside for a chair. Nash hits the Jacknife Powerbomb as Bill Alfonso screams at the three men from the outside, afraid to get involved for his own safety. Hall gives RVD the chair and Van Dam proceeds to hit his famous Van Daminator! The fans are really onto these three guys, but the boos turn to cheers as two wrestlers come running from the back.

Crowd Reaction - 74%

Match Quality - 72%

Overall Rating - 65%

Rob Van Dam's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Rob Van Dam gained overness from this turn.

Sandman/Lynn To The....Rescue!?!

The Sandman and Jerry Lynn of ECW come running down to the ring on a mission! Sandman is wielding his trusty Singapore Cane! They get in the ring and Hall, Nash, and Van Dam all slide to the outside. This leaves The Sandman and Jerry Lynn to look at the hurt Sabu. Jerry Lynn helps him up and Sabu can barely stand on his own. Sandman and Lynn yell at the three wrestlers on the outside, but this changes quickly. The Sandman turns around and cracks Sabu in the head with his Singapore Cane! The fans erupt once again, but this time it is even louder! Jerry Lynn then hits the Tornado DDT on Sabu and he is busted open! Finally, these two wrestlers exit the ring and walk to the back with RVD and The Outsiders, leaving Bill Alfonso in the ring looking after his client as we head to a commercial break.

Crowd Reaction - 71%

Kevin Nash lost overness from this segment. Scott Hall lost overness from this segment. Jerry Lynn's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Jerry Lynn gained overness from this turn. Sandman's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Sandman gained overness from this turn.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Benoit Attacked!!

We get back from the break to a still frame of Chris Benoit walking in the back, wearing the same clothing he was during the Bret Hart retirement segment. "During the Break" is written on the bottom of the screen. The scene starts to play and we see Benoit walking around. Suddenly, he gets a chair to the face. It is Rob Van Dam! With him is The Outsiders. Van Dam beats down on Benoit with the chair some more and he stands over the almost lifeless body. He does the "R-V-D" fingerpoint and then speaks.

Rob Van Dam - Dude, you think you are the reason people tune in every Monday night? I'm the Whole F'N Show! I'm Rob-Van-Dam! I'm Mr. Monday Night! Not you! Remember that!

He delivers one more chairshot to the back as Benoit lies there, motionless. The three wrestlers walk off as Nash and Hall laugh and point at Benoit.

Crowd Reaction - 71%

Chris Benoit lost overness from this segment.

MAIN EVENT

Singles Matchup

Randy Savage Vs. Ric Flair

Ric Flair is out first to the 4 Horsemen music. He gets a loud reaction from the fans who boo him with no mercy. He knows exactly how to play it, too. He gets them even louder as he walks to the ring and waits for The Macho Man.

Savage comes out with Miss Elizabeth and the fans are immediately behind him. Elizabeth shows him off to everyone as he does his usual entrance movements. He gets into the ring quickly and we start this match off as Miss Elizabeth looks on from the outside.

Savage takes it to Flair first. He hits some boring punches and slams, nothing too special. But Flair turns it up when he gets on offense. He hits his usual move on the turnbuckle where he flies to the outside part of the canvas. He then recieves a huge elbow from Savage, taking him down to the outside. Savage follows him out and looks to hit him, but Flair hides behind Miss Elizabeth. Savage shakes his head as Flair runs back into the ring. Flair then stomps on Savage as he follows him in. The Nature Boy is hot now and does his "Woooo" to the crowd. He gets a few "Woooo"'s back from his loyal fans.

Savage and Flair have a pretty basic brawling matchup for the remainder of the match. Savage finally is able to get back in his groove and goes to the top to attempt his Flying Elbow Smash. But someone is coming from the back, and Savage sees him from the top rope. It is Rhino! The announcers point out that these two had a confrontation earlier tonight, so no one knows what is going to happen. Rhino comes down to ringside and is way too close to Miss Elizabeth! Savage points at him and begins to yell at him. He then signals for him to get to the back.

Rhino just nods at Savage as Flair is still down in the ring. He turns to walk away, but how exciting would it be if he just left? He then stops and turns around. He launches himself at Miss Elizabeth and nails a spear, which the announcers point out is called the Gore! Fans are going nuts right now as Savage gets down. Rhino stares at the downed body of Miss Elizabeth as Flair hits a low blow on Savage. Savage falls down and Flair locks in the Figure Four Leglock! Savage immediately taps out as Rhino makes his way to the ring.

Savage is rolling around in pain attempting to get up. And when he does, he, too, falls victim to the Gore from Rhino. Flair celebrates for a bit and makes his way to the back as we go off the air with Rhino staring at Randy Savage as he rolls around in pain, selling the Gore very well.

Crowd Reaction - 91%

Match Quality - 66%

Overall Rating - 74%

OVERALL WCW MONDAY NITRO RATING - 71%

WCW Monday Nitro Notes

Monday Nitro had a rating of 5.25. We had 5038 people in attendance. WWF's RAW beat us with a rating of 6.90 and an attendance of 7546 people.

Quick WCW Monday Nitro Results

Paul Heyman introduces ECW - 86%

Yoshihiro Tajiri beat Madusa, Super Crazy for Cruiserweight Championship - 57%

Rhino and Savage have a backstage brawl - 75%

The Impact Players cause a Double-DQ between The Filthy Animals and Harlem Heat 2K - 61%

The Impact Players Set a Challenge for Thunder - 69%

Bret Hart Retires and Chris Benoit Challenges him for Sin - 87%

Terry Funk beat Tommy Dreamer with a handshake afterwards - 62%

Rob Van Dam turned on Sabu to help The Outsiders win a tag team matchup - 65%

Jerry Lynn and Sandman clear the ring of The Outsiders and RVD to aid Sabu, but then beat down on Sabu to turn as well - 71%

Chris Benoit is attacked by RVD, who proclaims himself Mr. Monday Night during the break - 71%

Ric Flair beat Randy Savage after Rhino Gored Miss Elizabeth and after the match, Rhino delivered a Gore to Randy Savage as well - 74%

Overall Rating - 71%

Quick Results for WWF Monday Night RAW

The Rock comes out and challenges Triple H to a Number 1 Contenders matchup for tonight, if he shows up - 100%

Edge & Christian beat The Hardy Boyz via Edge using the ropes for leverage - 82%

Kurt Angle comes out and challenges anyone to a match, Big Show answers but Angle runs away - 78%

Kane beat TAKA Michinoku in a squash match - 71%

Chris Jericho states that he is the best IC champ ever, but The British Bulldog has other things to say as he comes out and tells him he is wrong - 97%

Vince McMahon comes out and says that Bulldog can face Jericho next week on RAW, but tonight he has The Big Show - 81%

Rikishi beat Gangrel and danced in celebration - 61%

Triple H arrives at the building and accepts The Rock's request for a match tonight - 84%

Big Show beat The British Bulldog cleanly, and Jericho attacked Bulldog after the match - 74%

Shane McMahon states that he will be at Smackdown! to make some big matches for the coming weeks - 85%

The Rock beat Triple H by DQ after HHH used the ring bell for his advantage, thus making there no clear #1 Contender to Show's World Title - 95%

Overall Rating - 83%

World Championship Wrestling looks to gain no advantage this week, but with the ECW Angle going on, there is sure to be some shakeups in the coming weeks. WWF has a good thing going for them, using more sports entertainment to win the ratings battle.

WCW Thursday Thunder Preview!

January 6th, 2000

The first Thunder of the New Millenium should be explosive!  We have a couple matches signed and announced at the moment.  First, The Impact Players (Justin Credible and Lance Storm) of ECW set an open challenge to any tag teams.  The WCW World Tag Team Titles are on the line in this matchup, but who will answer the challenge?  Also, the #1 Contender to the Cruiserweight Title will be crowned as two of the top cruiserweights in the world go at it.  Juventud Guerrera will go up against Rey Misterio, Jr.  The winner will go on to face the wrestler who debuted just days ago, Super Crazy, for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship.  Also, our Main Event has been announced to be Hulk Hogan taking on the ECW Superstar, Rob Van Dam!  Will R-V-D be able to hang against one of the legends in wrestling?  Or will Hogan be able to use his abilities to make up for his lack of speed and win this one?  Tune in Thursday night on TNT for Thunder!

Announced Matches

#1 Contenders to Super Crazy's Cruiserweight Title

Singles Matchup

Rey Mistero, Jr. Vs. Juventud Guerrera

WCW World Tag Team Championship

The Impact Players Vs. ???

MAIN EVENT

Singles Matchup

Rob Van Dam Vs. Hulk Hogan

WCW Thursday Thunder Results

January 6th, 2000

Opening Segment

We start Thunder with the WCW logo. We then see some clips of various wrestlers hitting their signature moves on their opponents. This clip lasts for a couple seconds before we cut to the live arena for Thunder! Suddenly, the ECW theme starts up and the fans immediately boo the former owner, Paul Heyman, who is already an established heel. He swaggers his way to the ring with a mic in hand as always. He is wearing his normal suit and ECW hat.

Paul Heyman - A couple days ago, everyone witnessed the beginning of Extreme at World Championship Wrestling. Every person that saw Nitro saw the beginning of the New Millenium. And some of you are happy with what you saw, but most of you aren't. Well, for those who are upset at the happenings on Nitro, screw you! You people wouldn't knock good wrestling if it came up and bit you in the a**! And frankly, I don't feel any pity for you. This also goes for half of the wrestlers in the back. You guys sit back there and insult these guys who give their hearts and souls every single time they step foot in the ring. It's so easy to sit back there and judge, but until you get in the ring and do something, it doesn't mean anything! But that is old news. The overtaking of WCW is inevitable right now. So let's get down to tonight's business. First, I want to remind everyone of the tag team challenge set out by my very own ECW alumni, The Impact Players. And next is the Main Event for tonight...Mr. WCW, Hulk Hogan - once considered the savior of the industry, will take on Mr. ECW, Rob Van Dam, the Whole F'N Show! I also have a surprise or two in store for everyone tonight, so I hope you are ready for the New Millenium to continue right here on Thunder!

With that, he steps out of the ring and makes his way to the back with a cocky smile on his face. The fans yell at him as he exits through the curtains.

Crowd Reaction - 89%

Paul Heyman gained overness from this segment.

Singles Matchup

#1 Contendership for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Juventud Guerrera Vs. Rey Misterio, Jr.

This match is for the #1 Contenders spot for the Cruiserweight Championship. The winner will face the reigning champion, Super Crazy, at Nitro. Rey Misterio, Jr. is out first and he gets met with a decent reception from the fans. He does give an attempt to get them interested before the matchup, but it doesn't go over too well. He adjusts his mask as he waits for Juventud Guerrera, whose music hits just on time. He comes out and the fans go after him as he yells at some of the fans close by. He shows a lot of charisma on his way to the ring, nodding his head up and down and pointing to Misterio in the ring. Juventud finally gets in the ring and the matchup begins.

Juventud and Misterio lock up at first, and Juventud tosses the smaller competitor into the corner. He follows this up with a dropkick to the head as Misterio attempts to stand back up. Juventud stays on top of the mathchup with a snap suplex...he hangs on to get a two count. Misterio then runs away from Juventud to the ropes. Juventud follows him and jumps at him, but Rey ducks. We then see Juventud go flying between the middle ropes and out to the outside. A second later, Rey goes flying over the top rope and crashing down onto Juvy. Rey gets back in the ring and celebrates with the fans as he waits for Juventud Guerrera to get back up.

Guerrera gets back up and gets in the ring. Rey continues taking it to him and we see him hit a nice hurricanrana that sends Juvy to the corner. He then pounds on him for a bit with some boots to the chest area. He picks him up and places Juventud on the top turnbuckle. He then hits a hurricanrana which sends Guerrera flying to the opposite side of the ring! The fans are getting into this match a little more now. Guerrera then gets up and finds himself victim to a DDT. Misterio goes up top and attempts a leg drop, but misses! Guerrera bounces off the ropes and hits an elbow drop to the back of the head.

These two continue going at it for a good amount of time. It is getting late in the match after Juventud and Rey have switched momentum a couple of times. Juventud Guerrera is on top at this point, but it doesn't last long. Rey hits a clothesline that sends Guerrera hard to the canvas. Guerrera gets up slowly and Rey backs him into the corner. He hits a Flair chop and the crowd echoes back with a 'Woo'! Guerrera then fights back and hits a couple chops of his own. Suddenly, the bell rings as these two continue going at it. The announcers wonder what is going on as the time keeper announces that this match has gone over the 15-Minute Time Limit and is a Draw! The announcers ask what will happen next Monday on Nitro if we have no #1 Contender.

Crowd Reaction - 69%

Match Quality - 89%

Overall Rating - 71%

The Crow No More...

We cut to commercials, but first we are given a strange hype video. We see a silhouette of a man standing in darkness with nothing more than the moon behind him. It is nearly impossible to tell who this man is. A bird of some sort flies over the moon and we can make out the bird's silhouette as well. We then cut to a full screen view of the moon, and these words appear in red letters - "The Crow Shall Caw No More." We then cut to the real commercials.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Tag Team Matchup

WCW World Tag Team Championship

The Impact Players Vs. ???

The Impact Players are the first team out of course. The announcers remind everyone that these two made the open challenge to any and all teams on Nitro. Justin Credible looks cocky as ever as he makes his way to the ring. Lance Storm looks all business as usual. They get in the ring and wait for their opponents in anticipation, along with the fans. David Flair & Crowbar come out and get nearly as much heel heat as the two already in the ring. This team has a little experience as the announcers point out. They get in the ring and stare across at The Impact Players. Credible gets out of the ring as does Flair.

Suddenly, before the match can start, we hear "Feel the BANG" hit over the P.A. system and Diamond Dallas Page makes his way to the ring, doing his usual hand signals. The fans get up big time for DDP as he walks to the ring and waits on the outside. The announcers are wondering who his partner will be, and we get that answer when Eddie Guerrero's music hits! The fans erupt once again as Guerrero struts to the ring and takes his place alongside Page. Page gets in and talks to David Flair, telling him to get out.

So the match starts with DDP and Lance Storm. Page starts out on fire, but Storm quickly tags out to Crowbar to slow him down. The announcers point out that this is not an elimination match, so the first pin crowns a winner and new Tag Team Champion. Crowbar now tries to go at it with DDP, but he can't really handle Page's offense. Page hits a huge suplex followed by a backbreaker. He then tags Eddie Guerrero in and the fans get a little ancy. Guerrero goes right after Crowbar and takes it to another level. Crowbar tags in Lance Storm after a short beat down.

Lance Storm and Eddie put on a short exhibition of their technical abilities that bores most of the passive fans. Some of the former ECW fans show appreciation by applauding their efforts. Storm then gets Eddie down and decides to lay out Diamond Dallas Page with the extra time. He then tags in his partner, Justin Credible. Credible comes in and yells at the fans as Eddie is down. He then picks him up and hits a piledriver. He also steps on his head before tagging in David Flair. Flair comes in and looks absolutely lost being in the ring with such talents.

Eddie takes advantage quickly before tagging back in his partner, DDP. Page comes in and hits the Diamond Cutter eventually, but this is broken up by Crowbar to get a little heel heat. Eddie then takes out Crowbar with an armdrag that sends him to the outside of the ring. Eddie exits the ring as Page gets back up. Storm distracts DDP, who then falls victim to a rollup from behind by David Flair! Flair gets a close two count before deciding to tag in Justin Credible.

Justin Credible goes after DDP and hits a massive forearm smash to the head. DDP rolls around in pain and soon tags out to Crowbar. Crowbar comes in and Credible works him over for a decent amount of time. Finally, Credible stops the punishment and tags in his partner, Lance Storm. Storm comes in and locks on a Boston Crab to start off. This really softens Crowbar up, and Crowbar sells it extremely well. Storm then hits the Super Kick on Crowbar. David Flair comes running in, but gets speared by Credible as the referee makes the three count for Lance Storm, who is covering Crowbar. Storm gets the three count and The Impact Players are the new World Tag Team Champions! They celebrate in the ring for only a second as Eddie Guerrero and Diamond Dallas Page chase them off. The Impact Players slowly make their way to the back, each holding a Tag Team Title. The other two teams follow them soon after.

Crowd Reaction - 69%

Match Quality - 75%

Overall Rating - 64%

The WCW Tag Team titles have gained in image.

The Beast!!

After the ring is cleared, the ECW Theme plays over the P.A. system and Rhino comes out from the back. Beside him stands Paul Heyman. They make their way to the ring and Heyman grabs a microphone immediately.

Paul Heyman - I am here with Rhino to explain a little something. You see, these last couple of days I have got hundreds of phone calls. Everyone wants to know what exactly happened between Randy Savage and Rhino on Nitro. Well, let me explain it. I will give the honest truth, too, which is something Savage will not do! Your hero, Savage, was in the back running his mouth like always. He had the nerve to call Rhino here a small-time player. Not only was that intended for Rhino, but it was intended for every wrestler to ever step foot in an ECW ring. Savage wanted to tell us that we were just here trying to hang with the big guys. Well, nope, that isn't it, Macho Man. We ARE the big guys. We don't have to prove anything to anyone in the back. We know we are great, and we know we are better than these WCW wrestlers. And to prove that point, Rhino here would like a match with Randy Savage next week on Thunder! But, let's think about tonight. Tonight, Rhino wants to challenge any wrestler in the back with the guts to face him in this ring, one on one! This challenge will take place right here, right now!

Crowd Reaction - 75%

Singles Matchup

Rhino w/ Paul Heyman Vs. ???

Buff Bagwell's music hits up and the fans give him a very mild pop. He tries to work them over, but it just isn't happening. He comes down to the ring quickly and does a little flexing before he gets in the ring. Heyman exits to the outside like he should as these two start it off. This match starts with a quick pace as Rhino takes it straight to Bagwell. Bagwell really doesn't know what hit him. This match comes to an end in under three minutes as Rhino hits the Gore quickly and pins him for the three count. Afterwards, Rhino gets in front of a camera and says, "That'll be you, Savage!" as he points into the camera. We then head to a commerial as Bagwell struggles to get up and find out what the hell just hit him.

Crowd Reaction - 74%

Match Quality - 69%

Overall Rating - 64%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

The Bad Guys!!

The Outsiders' music plays as Scott Hall and Kevin Nash make their way to the ring. Of course, they get a mixed reaction as usual. About half are cheering them and half are booing them. Hall does his usual strut to the ring as Nash walks with a huge smile on his face. They get in the ring and Scott Hall gets the mic.

Scott Hall - Hey, yo!

The fans reply on cue.

Scott Hall - Yo, me and Kev' here wanna do a little survey....we were in the back, and we were just wondering...are you guys here to see....Dubya-C-Dubya?

A mixed reaction occurs once again.

Scott Hall - Orrrrr....are you here to see....The Outsiders!?!

More boos are heard this time, but Hall seems to not notice.

Scott Hall - One more for the good guys! But, yo...seriously, we've been getting bugged lately. People keep asking us, why, Scott? Why, Nash? What do we have to explain to you guys? I'll just let you know....we knew all along that Rob Van Dam would be with us by the end of the night on Nitro. And we had everything covered. That's how The Outsiders handle business.

He hands the mic to Kevin Nash, and some of the fans cheer him as he gets on the mic. He looks around for a bit with his usual smile before speaking.

Kevin Nash - I wanna come out here and make a statement. Just like Scott said, we've been getting bugged lately about what we do. And you know The Outsiders aren't the types of people who like being bugged and annoyed. So, I'm gonna go ahead and tell you guys the deal. People ask me, "Why did you join sides with those ECW guys?" Well, those ECW guys are kinda...I dunno...inspirational. They are coming out here trying to make names for themselves. And I know exactly how that feels. All they needed was a couple 'a guys to show them the ropes in WCW. Those two guys are standing right in this ring. Did you see what we did to Sabu on Nitro? He can't even make it to the arena tonight 'cause he's stuck in the hospital right now.

The two look at each other and laugh for a bit. Nash then puts the mic back up to his lips.

Kevin Nash - And one more thing...I wanna say that together with R-V-D, The Sandman, and Jerry Lynn....there is nothing, and I mean nothing, that can stop us!

With that, these two exit the ring to their music. Hall yells at a couple of fans for added effect right before he exits.

Crowd Reaction - 82%

Clips from Nitro!!

Perfect timing, we now go to a clip from Monday Nitro featuring the Rob Van Dam/Jerry Lynn/Sandman heel turns against Sabu. From Monday Nitro :

Kevin Nash is in the ring and Sabu is really hurt. After getting thrown into the corner, Sabu makes one last effort to tag in Van Dam. Van Dam is in and the fans are in anticipation. Van Dam looks at Nash for a bit, and then turns around. He nails a dropkick on Sabu, who is already in pain.

The crowd erupts in boos as we see Sabu get a vicious beatdown from the three superstars. Van Dam tosses Sabu to Nash as Hall goes to the outside for a chair. Nash hits the Jacknife Powerbomb as Bill Alfonso screams at the three men from the outside, afraid to get involved for his own safety. Hall gives RVD the chair and Van Dam proceeds to hit his famous Van Daminator! The fans are really onto these three guys, but the boos turn to cheers as two wrestlers come running from the back.

The Sandman and Jerry Lynn of ECW come running down to the ring on a mission! Sandman is wielding his trusty Singapore Cane! They get in the ring and Hall, Nash, and Van Dam all slide to the outside. This leaves The Sandman and Jerry Lynn to look at the hurt Sabu. Jerry Lynn helps him up and Sabu can barely stand on his own. Sandman and Lynn yell at the three wrestlers on the outside, but this changes quickly. The Sandman turns around and cracks Sabu in the head with his Singapore Cane! The fans erupt once again, but this time it is even louder! Jerry Lynn then hits the Tornado DDT on Sabu and he is busted open! Finally, these two wrestlers exit the ring and walk to the back with RVD and The Outsiders, leaving Bill Alfonso in the ring looking after his client as we head to a commercial break.

Crowd Reaction - 69%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Singles Matchup

Chris Benoit Vs. The Sandman

Chris Benoit comes out to a real good reaction, the biggest of the night by far. He acknowledges his fans and gets in the ring with little expression on his face. The ECW Theme starts up on the P.A. system and The Sandman comes out with Rob Van Dam. The announcers remind everyone of the Chris Benoit/Rob Van Dam encounter on Nitro. It all began when Benoit stated he was the reason people tuned in Monday Nights. Van Dam took offense to this and laid him out with a vicious beating with a chair. The bell rings as these two competitors get ready to brawl.

Sandman starts off on the recieving end of the punishment. He can't keep up with the speed of Benoit, but he does get one big power move to slow him down as he hits a huge backbreaker that almost shakes the ring. Sandman plays the heel very well in this match to a lot of people's surprise. Benoit manages to fight back through some very hard work and stiff punches. Benoit really starts to turn the tables as he head to the top rope after signaling for his Diving Headbutt! The fans are up to see this, but Benoit just goes down!

Benoit was pushed off the ropes by Rob Van Dam. But the referee saw it! The ref rings for the bell to disqualify Sandman as RVD argues with him. Van Dam eventually tosses the ref to the outside and turns his attention to Benoit as Sandman gets back up on his feet. Sandman goes to the outside and looks for something under the ring as RVD stomps down on Benoit. Sandman tosses a chair in the ring and then reaches back to get something else. We see Van Dam grab the chair and hit the Van Daminator on Benoit. Sandman then comes in and he is carrying a Singapore Cane! The fans really start to get into it as Sandman busts Benoit open with a huge Cane Shot that echoes throughout the arena.

Chris Benoit is down and out as Van Dam and Sandman celebrate for a bit. Some medics come to look at Benoit and eventually take him out to the back. The announcer announces that the Main Event will now start as Sandman makes his way to the back.

Crowd Reaction - 79%

Match Quality - 75%

Overall Rating - 69%

MAIN EVENT

Singles Matchup

Hulk Hogan Vs. Rob Van Dam

Hulk Hogan's music starts up and he walks out to the entrance ramp. He poses for a long time before finally beginning to walk to the ring. Suddenly, he falls down in pain. The Sandman is back and he has attacked Hogan with a Singapore Cane from behind! The fans are going nuts now as Sandman tosses him into the ring and Van Dam takes advantage of this. Sandman stays on the outside as Van Dam delivers some blows to a downed Hogan in the ring.

Hulk Hogan just can't recover from the Cane shot. He is in the ring and still feeling the pain after nearly four minutes. Van Dam has made a couple trips to the top to hit a Dropkick and a back-kick. Van Dam even locked in a variation of the Dragon Sleeper to slow the match down a bit for some reason. But the turning point would come when RVD attempted a Moonsault. Hogan found the strength to move out of the way. RVD and Hogan were down for a long time, but Hogan is up first finally!

Hollywood Hogan takes it to Van Dam using some very, very basic brawling. He hits some punches and a sidewalk slam. He then nails a spinebuster and tosses Van Dam to the outside. He takes off his weight belt and whips him a couple of times. He then tosses RVD into the steel barrier surrounding the ring. This is followed up with Van Dam going back-first into the steel steps leading into the ring. Hogan tosses Rob Van Dam back into the ring and signals for his Hogan Leg Drop!

The fans are getting loud as Hogan bounces off the ropes and jumps in the air. He lands on nothing but canvas, though. Rob Van Dam moved out of the way. He runs to the turnbuckle as Hogan follows him. Van Dam jumps up on the second turnbuckle and launches himself at Hogan, who ducks. Hogan then goes for the Leg Drop again, but this time he gets it! He makes the pin, but the referee is distracted by Sandman on the outside!

We also have three other men coming down to ringside now. The Outsiders are making their way out from the back along with Jerry Lynn! Hogan points at them for a bit and then turns around to get a huge dropkick to the face. He falls to the outside and Van Dam follows him out. The Outsiders make a big deal about the fact that they haven't done anything. RVD hits a DDT on the outside of the ring on Hogan, who doesn't do much to sell the pain. Van Dam then gets in the ring and waits for Hogan.

Hogan is back up slowly and Scott Hall helps him stand up. He then throws him in the ring. The referee yells at Hall, but Hall can be heard saying, "I'm just helping 'em, ref!" Van Dam then nails the Frog Splash and both participants of this move sell the pain. RVD struggles for a bit, but makes the pin. The ref counts...one....two......three! Rob Van Dam has done it! This also signals the chance for all the men on the outside to get in the ring. The ring is now composed of Rob Van Dam, The Outsiders, Jerry Lynn, and The Sandman.

Nash picks up Hogan and prepares to hit the Jacknife Powerbomb, but we hear some music that shocks everyone...

Crowd Reaction - 83%

Match Quailty - 52%

Overall Rating - 63%

GOLDBERG!!

Goldberg's music hits and the fans go completely nuts for one of the first times tonight. He comes storming into the ring as the ECW members and The Outsiders slide to the outside quickly. Goldberg checks on Hogan for a second, but decides to watch his back instead of giving him all of his attention. The fans are chanting his name as he points at Kevin Nash and The Sandman, telling them that they are NEXT!

Crowd Reaction - 78%

Goldberg lost overness from this segment.

OVERALL WCW THUNDER RATING - 73%

WCW Thunder Notes

The battle for ratings stayed about the same as it did on Nitro a couple days ago. This time, it was the Thursday Night Ratings War which sees Smackdown! Versus Thunder. Smackdown! scored a 5.86 rating and Thunder scored a 4.34 rating. The quick results for each show have been posted below.

Quick Results for WCW Thunder :

Paul Heyman comes out and puts over his ECW wrestlers - 89%

Rey Misterio, Jr. and Juventud Guerrera battle to a draw in the #1 Contenders Match for the Cruiserweight strap - 71%

A mystery wrestler has a hype video - 81%

The Impact Players defeat David Flair/Crowbar and Eddie Guerrero/Diamond Dallas Page in a Triangle Tag Team Match to win the Tag Team Titles - 64%

Paul Heyman and Rhino explain what happened on Nitro and then make an open challenge - 75%

Buff Bagwell answers the challenge and gets squashed by Rhino in return - 64%

The Outsiders explain themselves for their actions against Sabu on Nitro - 82%

Clips from Monday Nitro replay the Sabu beatdown - 69%

Chris Benoit beat The Sandman by DQ when Rob Van Dam interfered - 69%

Rob Van Dam beat Hulk Hogan cleanly and then the ring filled with The Outsiders, Jerry Lynn, and The Sandman until someone's music began.... - 65%

Goldberg returned and cleared the ring to help Hogan and keep him from recieving a huge beatdown - 78%

Overall Rating - 73%

Quick Results for WWF Smackdown!

Shane McMahon makes two matches for the night, Big Show Vs. Kurt Angle in a Nontitle Matchup and Triple H Vs. Mick Foley w/Special Guest Ref, The Rock - 76%

Al Snow beat Prince Albert - 58%

The Dudley Boyz beat The Hardy Boyz via a chair shot behind the ref's back - 86%

Chris Jericho insulted British Bulldog and said he was not a good IC Champ ever - 89%

Kane defeated Val Venis in a squash match, afterwards delivered a vicious beatdown that wouldn't stop until.... - 78%

The Undertaker saved Venis from a beatdown and delivered a Chokeslam of his own to Kane - 77%

Steve Austin came out and said he should be #1 Contender, not Triple H or Rocky, and proposes a Triple Threat for RAW - 89%

Big Show beat Kurt Angle via DQ in a Nontitle Matchup when Angle started beating down Show with his own World Title - 85%

Trish Stratus beat Terri Runnels in a Bikini Contest - 68%

Kurt Angle is in the back and he talked trash about Show and challenged him for the Royal Rumble - 91%

Mick Foley beat Triple H after a quick count from guest referee, The Rock and afterwards The Rock delivered a Rock Bottom to HHH - 84%

Overall Rating - 76%

The WWF looks to have some good storylines going with the Triple H/Rocky feud and the Chris Jericho/British Bulldog feud. It is rumored that Jericho has signed a deal to appear in World Championship Wrestling at the end of this month. Whether that is true or not, no one has confirmed. Looks like WCW could be on the rise.

WCW Monday Nitro Results

January 10th, 2000

Opening Segment

We start Monday Nitro off with some quick clips of events that occurred last week on this very show. We see Rob Van Dam completing a vicious attack with a chair on Chris Benoit. We then see Rhino brawling with Randy Savage. Finally, we see some clips of The Outsiders and Rob Van Dam beating down Sabu only to be ran off by Jeryy Lynn and The Sandman. But then, these two began to beat down Sabu, as well. We then cut to the live arena as the ECW Theme starts up like normal and Paul Heyman comes down to the ring. He is wearing his usual suit and ECW hat.

Paul Heyman - Alright! How do you like me now? I told each and every one of you that this would happen....that ECW stars would become the premier players in ECW. Take a look. Take a look at the internet, the newspapers, the news channels on TV. You will see that ECW is making an impact. We are finally getting the chance to do what we have always been capable of doing. But make no mistake about it, ECW will NOT just bend over and drop. No, once we start something, we finish it. We got guys like Rob Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, and The Sandman leading things. And trust me, by Sin, there will be some new guys showing up from ECW. But speaking of Sin, I am out here to make a huge announcement. Last week on Nitro, Bret Hart vacated his World Heavyweight Championship. He said that he was too hurt to compete anymore. So, what should we do? Should I just give it to Rob Van Dam?

The fans boo pretty loudly.

Paul Heyman - Or should I make RVD earn it? Well, to make things fair, I decided that he would earn it in a 16-Man Tournament for the Championship! Now, if you'll look over at the big screen, we have the brackets available tonight!

Chris Benoit

Jerry Lynn

Rhino

Randy Savage

Goldberg

Scott Hall

The Sandman

Roddy Piper

Rob Van Dam

Diamond Dallas Page

Sting

Ric Flair

Sabu

Sid

Hulk Hogan

Kevin Nash

The camera then cuts back into the ring after about twenty seconds of viewing the brackets.

Paul Heyman - Now, if you'll notice....I have gone ahead and made Rhino's match with Randy Savage a Tournament Matchup. That match was confirmed on Thunder last week, and it will be on this week's Thunder. Also, tonight, we have two tournament matches. Scott Hall will be taking on Goldberg....and Sting will be taking on Ric Flair in the Main Event! For some other news, Sabu will get a shot at the United States Championship, right here tonight. Jeff Jarrett will be taking it to Sabu tonight to give Sabu a warm up for his Tournament Match, which will be on the next Thunder! As for tonight, I hope you are all prepared for the New Millenium to continue!

Crowd Reaction - 84%

Triangle Matchup

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Yoshihiro Tajiri © Vs. Rey Misterio, Jr. Vs. Juventud Guerrera

Rey Misterio, Jr. is out first to a decent reaction from the fans in attendance. He attempts to get them more interested by throwing his hands up in the air on his way to the ring. The announcers point out that Juventud Guerrera and Rey Misterio battles to a Time Limit Draw last week on Thunder. The winner would have faced Tajiri one on one for the Cruiserweight Title, but it was a draw so there was no definite winner. But the booking department decided to make this a Triangle Matchup for the belt. This is good for Rey Misterio and Juventud Guerrera, but very bad for Yoshihiro Tajiri.

Juventud Guerrera's music plays over the P.A. system and he quickly walks down to the ring. He looks pretty focused, but does take time out to yell at the fans. He gets in the ring and talks trash in the direction of Rey Misterio as the ref pats him down to make sure he has no weapons on him. These two wait on the arrival of Yoshihiro Tajiri. The Japanese Buzzsaw comes down to the ring with his Cruiserweight strap on his waist. He points at both of the competitors in the ring and yells something in a foreign language at them. He gets in the ring and the bell signals the start of the match.

These three just stare at each other for a good moment. Each one is nervous about turning his full attention toward just one opponent. Suddenly, Juventud Guerrera and Yoshihiro Tajiri hit a double clothesline on Rey Misterio. Misterio goes down pretty hard and Tajiri measures him up to deliver some kicks as Guerrera heads to the top rope. Misterio is up and he gets a massive kick to the head from Tajiri. The echo goes all over the arena as the fans gasp on impact. Misterio staggers back into a bulldog from the tope rope from Juventud. Tajiri then kicks Guerrera in the back of the head as he gets up. Yoshihiro Tajiri then turns around to get a hurricanrana from Misterio. This move sends him to the other side of the ring.

Misterio then goes to work on Juvy. He sends him into the corner and hits a splash. He then sends Guerrera into the ropes and goes bouncing off the ropes the other way. They meet in the middle with a Tilt-a-Whirl slam from Juvy, who now gains momentum. But this doesn't last long as Tajiri comes in and kicks Guerrera in the back. Guerrera doubles over in pain only to get another echoing kick to the head. Tajiri then has momentum. But Misterio comes out of nowhere and hits a huge dropkick off the top rope. The fans are behind Misterio all the way. Misterio does manage to use his speed advantage to keep the momentum going strong. He takes it to both Yoshihiro Tajiri and Juventud Guerrera for a good amount of time.

Juventud Guerrera gets on top near the end of the matchup. He has Tajiri down and he hits a snap suplex on Rey, followed by a rollover for a two count. Guerrera then goes to the corner and pulls Rey with him. He gets up top and sets up Rey for a powerbomb off the top rope! But Rey reverses it into a hurricanrana. Juvy goes flying across the ring as Tajiri comes into the picture and hits the Kick of Death on Rey out of nowhere! The fans react as that was the loudest kick so far. Tajiri makes the pin, but Juvy comes in and breaks it up. Guerrera then hits a neckbreaker on Tajiri. He goes for a pin on the downed Tajiri, but Tajiri reaches his foot back and kicks him at a very awkward angle. Tajiri then pins Juventud Guerrera for the three count to retain his WCW Cruiserweight Championship! He celebrates for a bit as we head to a commercial with a view of Tajiri standing in the ring and the downed bodies of Rey Misterio, Jr. and Juventud Guerrera.

Crowd Reaction - 63%

Match Quality - 91%

Overall Rating - 77%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Oh Yeah!!

We come back to the commercial to see the "Macho Man" Randy Savage making his way down to the ring. His music plays in the background. He isn't doing his regular strutting and playing to the crowd. Instead, he looks furious as he walks down to the ring.

Randy Savage - You know what. I got one thing and one thing only to say. Rhino, brother, you made a huge mistake. Oh yeah! I just don't know what you were thinking when you decided to go at it with the Macho Man! Cause payback is coming, man. Oh yeaahhh, payback is coming! You want to come out here and go after Miss Elizabeth!?! Oh my god that's the biggest mistake you've ever made, brother! But it won't be your last. You see, we got a match on Thunder in just a couple days, bro, and that is when you will feel the craziness that is called the Macho Man, oh yeah! You can do whatever you want to me, but when you lay your fingers on Miss Elizabeth, oh boy, that's when you sign your deathwish. And that deathwish will be delivered by The Macho Man! Ooooh Yeahhhh!!!

The crowd cheers for Macho Man for a good amount of time until a man comes in behind him. He nails him with...

Crowd Reaction - 86%

The Attack!!

....a Singapore Cane! Macho Man goes down in a second as The Sandman delivers some stomps to him. Rhino slides in just moments later. He also came in from the crowd. Sandman stands up the dazed Randy Savage for Rhino. He backs away and Rhino hits a Gore that literally shakes the ring. Rhino is going nuts right now and signals for Sandman to stand him up again. Sandman follows orders and Rhino nails a second Gore of the night. The announcers point out that these two were once sworn enemies in Extreme Championship Wrestling, but that is what change can do. Two sworn enemies joining forces to take over World Championship Wrestling. Rhino and Sandman finally leave after Rhino spits on Savage, who is trying to regain consciousness.

Crowd Reaction - 90%

Tag Team Matchup

The Impact Players © Vs. Eddie Guerrero & Diamond Dallas Page

The Impact Players are out first with their tag team titles on their shoulders. The announcers point out that this match was made because The Impact Players did not pin Eddie Guerrero or Diamond Dallas Page to win the titles on Thunder last week, so Eddie and Page are being given a second chance. The Impact Players get in the ring and Justin Credible does some taunting towards the fans. Suddenly, "Feel. the....BANG!" hits and fans are on their feet for Diamond Dallas Page. He comes down to the ring twirling in circles and doing the Diamond Cutter signal. He gets in the ring and stands on one side waiting for his partner. Guerrero's music hits and Page turns around to watch him. But this is a mistake as Credible and Storm take advantage of this quick opportunity to get the momentum in their favor.

Lance Storm and Justin Credible take it to Page with some boots while Eddie Guerrero hauls down to the ring. He slides in and evens things up. He eventually hits a clothesline that takes both him and Justin Credible to the outside of the ring, leaving Lance Storm to go at it with DDP. Storm has an advantage already because of the double-team earlier, so he just keeps it down to some technical mat-work to wear him down. Page is really reeling early on, and he needs to make a tag already. Eddie Guerrero and Justin Credible now find themselves in their appropriate corners awaiting any tag attempts that might happen.

Storm decides to give Credible a chance to get some of Page. He tags him in and Credible slaps him in the face a couple of times to disrespect him. He yells at the fans some and then hits a short lariat that takes Page down. He then locks in a Figure Four, which is something rarely seen with him. He holds it for a good amount of time until Eddie Guerrero comes flying in with an elbow drop! The fans go crazy for Guerrero as Credible releases the hold and rolls around in pain.

DDP finally tags in Eddie and Eddie Guerrero is on fire to no one's surprise. He hits about three armbars on Credible and then takes out Lance Storm with a clothesline. He turns around and dodges a Superkick from Credible. When Justin turns around, he hits a monkey flip out of the corner. Guerrero then goes to work on Credible for a good amount of time. Eventually, Credible reaches over and makes the tag to Lance Stotrm. Eddie Guerrero gives it to Lance Storm, too. Guerrero is really getting the fans behind him, but he decides to tag in Page and give him a second chance in this matchup. Page comes in and hits some big rights and lefts on Storm, who sells them decently. Page then hits a Spinebuster and signals for the Diamond Cutter! He grabs Storm and gets him in the position, but Storm hits a low blow and tags in Credible.

Justin Credible comes in and hits That's Incredible! The fans go crazy as Credible lays out Eddie and makes the pin. But Page kicks out after two! The fans are getting into this match as Storm comes in and The Impact Players proceed to hit their finisher, Deep Impact! The fans boo as Credible makes the pin for the three count and the win. Justin Credible and Lance Storm celebrate for a bit until Eddie comes flying into the ring to chase them out. Eddie Guerrero looks over the fallen DDP for a bit as The Impact Players exit the ringside area and make their way to the back, tag team titles in hand. We then head to a commercial break.

Crowd Reaction - 73%

Match Quality - 82%

Overall Rating - 77%

Eddie Guerrero lost overness from this match. Diamond Dallas Page lost overness from this match. Lance Storm gained overness from this match. Justin Credible gained overness from this match. The WCW Tag Team titles have gained in image.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Sabu/Bill Alfonso...

We are back to see Sabu making his way to the ring. His generic music plays in the background as Bill Alfonso joins him down the ramp. Alfonso blows his whistle a couple of times before getting in the ring. He grabs the mic while Sabu stands beside him.

Bill Alfonso - I just got a few things 'ta say. Imma' make it quick, too. First, lemme address Rob Van Dam. The man I stood beside fa' way too long. Well, dat's all ovah, you see. And RVD, ya' got it coming your way when Sabu here gets a hold of you. But right now, your not even at tha' top a' his list. Chris Benoit will give ya' what ya' deserve. Ya' see, Sabu is more pissed off at Jerry Lynn. 'Cause we both know that Jerry Lynn was tha' one dat gotchu to do whatcha did. He's always been dat little scheming weasle, and we wanna shut his a$$ up. So, Sabu 'ere wantsta make a lil' challenge. A week from today, you and him, one-on-one!

The fans react with loud cheers as Sabu nods to himself. Bill Alfonso drops the mic as he gets out of the ring and Jeff Jarrett's music starts up.

Crowd Reaction - 81%

Singles Matchup

WCW United States Championship

Jeff Jarrett © Vs. Sabu

The United States Champion, Jeff Jarrett, makes his way down to the ring with a cocky smile on his face. Sabu waits for him to get in the ring and then these two lock up. Sabu and Jarrett have two very different styles as the announcers point out, but this should be a good one anyway. Sabu goes at it with some quick chops and kicks to Jarrett. Jarrett doesn't really know how to react as Sabu backs him into the corner and proceeds to pound on him some more. Jarrett finally kicks him in the gut and rakes him across the eyes. Sabu doesn't really notice it, though. But now Jarrett hits a elbow to the forehead of Sabu that sends him staggering back.

Sabu is now on the recieving end of a lot of punishment. Jarrett uses some good power moves to keep him at bay and Sabu doesn't get much offense in at all for about four or five minutes. Sabu does manage to duck a clothesline and hit a neckbreaker. He follows this up with a Moonsault and goes for a pin, but barely gets a two count. Sabu stares down the ref for a second but then turns around to meet a clothesline from Jarrett. Jarrett now makes a pin attempt, but doesn't get a two count. Sabu is back up quick and he hits a hurricanrana on the unsuspecting Jarrett. This is followed up with a leg drop from the top rope and a near pinfall.

Sabu and Jarrett go at it for a good amount of time and we are nearing the very end of this good matchup. Sabu is on top. Jarrett has retreated to the outside and he waits for Sabu to come out. He swings a chair at Sabu right as he exits the ring, but Sabu ducks. The chair goes flying into the corner post as Jarrett drops the chair and grabs shakes his hands in pain. Sabu then nails a DDT on the hard concrete before rolling Jarrett back into the ring. He hits the Triple Jump Moonsault and makes the pin on Jarrett! The fans count with the ref....one....two....three! We have a new United States Champion, Sabu! The fans are going crazy as Fonzie comes into the ring and blows his whistle while Jarrett rolls to the outside. Sabu and Bill Alfonso finally exit the ring and begin walking towards the back.

As Sabu and Bill Alfonso get close to the back, someone comes out of the entrance ramp and clotheslines Sabu. It is Jerry Lynn! Sabu is down and can't really do much after the tough US Championship matchup. Alfonso tries to fight Lynn, but Lynn sends him flying down the ramp with a shove. Lynn then stomps on Sabu for a moment and then yells at him that, "You got your match next week, Sabu! I'm the New F'N Show!" He then exits to the back as we go to another commercial break.

Crowd Reaction - 73%

Match Quality - 77%

Overall Rating - 75%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

R-V-D!!

We come back to see Rob Van Dam making his way down to the ring. He gets in as the fans get all over him. He is handed a microphone and takes a moment to look around before speaking.

Rob Van Dam - Chris Benoit...dude, I really don't know what your thinking. I'm not gonna come out here and lie to ya, man. I have seen you before. Hell, we spent some time in ECW together. And I've watched you on Niro in the past, dude, but for you to come out here and say that you are the one reason people watch Monday night wrestling and Pay-Per-Views. Dude, that's totally uncool man. It's like you just don't understand what you did. Way before you were drawing people to watch you, I was Mr. Pay-Per-View! And dude, it's always gonna be that way. I know that me and you both are in this tournament. And we're on opposite sides, man. So, we could only meet in the finals. And if that is how it's gonna turn out, then so be it. Because the finals will be on Pay-Per-View...and I will be there in the finals to show everyone who the Mr. Pay-Per-View really is. Benoit, you don't have to worry about me getting involved in your matches. 'Cuz, dude, I want to meet you in the finals for that World Championship! And if you don't make it there, you'll be the first to get a title shot.

With that, Van Dam goes to the back as his music plays again. The fans taunt him the entire way to the back as we get prepared for our first Tournament Matchup.

Crowd Reaction - 74%

Singles Matchup

World Heavyweight Championship Tournament

Scott Hall w/Kevin Nash Vs. Goldberg

The Outsiders are out first and they come down to the ring together. Hall does his usual posing and taunting of the fans as Nash just smiles. Hall gets in the ring and waits for Goldberg as he stretches out a bit on the ropes. Goldberg's music hits and the fans are up immediately to see him. Goldberg slowly walks out as the pyros and fireworks go off. He exhales sharply as he hits himself in the head repeatedly. He then walks down to the ring as the fans are going absolutely nuts. He gets in the ring and the bell rings. Goldberg checks over his shoulder to see Nash standing on the outside before he goes at it with Scott Hall.

Hall can't get any kind of offense in at first as Goldberg goes strongly hitting a Gorilla Press Slam and a belly-to-belly suplex which sent Hall across the ring. Goldberg then locks in some sort of submission aimed at the leg. Hall finally fought out of it and made it to the ropes. He got back up and Goldberg went flying at him with a forearm, but Hall ducked and pushed Golberg into the turnbuckle in the corner. Goldberg shook off the pain as Hall started pounding on him. Hall hit him in the face a couple of times, but Goldberg shook it off! We can see Goldberg point at his own head, telling Hall to hit him harder! Hall looks worried and shocked at the same time as he tries to punch Goldberg some more, but Goldberg blocks one and kicks him in the gut. He follows this up with a Gut Wrench Suplex. He makes a pin but only gets a two count.

Goldberg would finally lose momentum after Hall hit a low blow on the monster. Hall taunted him a bit afterwards before he hit a big forearm to the back of Goldberg. He then laid him out with a knee to the head as Goldberg bent over. Hall bounced off the ropes and hit a nice elbow drop on Goldberg's sternum. He made a pin attempt, but Goldberg threw him off of him, almost two feet in the air. Goldberg was right back up and he hit a Spear on Scott Hall! Hall goes down and "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash comes flying in almost immediately after seeing the Spear. Nash delivers a Big Boot to Goldberg as Hall lies motionless. The referee rings the bell to signal a disqualification. Goldberg wins and the announcers say that Goldberg will advance to the next round!

The fans start to boo Kevin Nash, but they soon cheer Goldberg as Goldberg turns the momentum around once again and hits the Spear on Nash. He then lifts him up and hits the Jackhammer Suplex! The fans go crazy as Hall tries to come out Goldberg again only to get a Spear! Goldberg then exits the ring as the fans go nuts with the downed Outsiders in the ring.

Crowd Reaction - 76%

Match Quality - 56%

Overall Rating - 69%

RVD/Benoit Highlights

Before we cut to a commercial, we see highlights of the Rob Van Dam/Chris Benoit feud that has been going on recently.

Monday Nitro - January 3rd, 2000

We get back from the break to a still frame of Chris Benoit walking in the back, wearing the same clothing he was during the Bret Hart retirement segment. "During the Break" is written on the bottom of the screen. The scene starts to play and we see Benoit walking around. Suddenly, he gets a chair to the face. It is Rob Van Dam! With him is The Outsiders. Van Dam beats down on Benoit with the chair some more and he stands over the almost lifeless body. He does the "R-V-D" fingerpoint and then speaks.

Rob Van Dam - Dude, you think you are the reason people tune in every Monday night? I'm the Whole F'N Show! I'm Rob-Van-Dam! I'm Mr. Monday Night! Not you! Remember that!

He delivers one more chairshot to the back as Benoit lies there, motionless. The three wrestlers walk off as Nash and Hall laugh and point at Benoit.

Thursday Thunder - January 6th, 2000

Sandman starts off on the recieving end of the punishment. He can't keep up with the speed of Benoit, but he does get one big power move to slow him down as he hits a huge backbreaker that almost shakes the ring. Sandman plays the heel very well in this match to a lot of people's surprise. Benoit manages to fight back through some very hard work and stiff punches. Benoit really starts to turn the tables as he head to the top rope after signaling for his Diving Headbutt! The fans are up to see this, but Benoit just goes down!

Benoit was pushed off the ropes by Rob Van Dam. But the referee saw it! The ref rings for the bell to disqualify Sandman as RVD argues with him. Van Dam eventually tosses the ref to the outside and turns his attention to Benoit as Sandman gets back up on his feet. Sandman goes to the outside and looks for something under the ring as RVD stomps down on Benoit. Sandman tosses a chair in the ring and then reaches back to get something else. We see Van Dam grab the chair and hit the Van Daminator on Benoit. Sandman then comes in and he is carrying a Singapore Cane! The fans really start to get into it as Sandman busts Benoit open with a huge Cane Shot that echoes throughout the arena.

Chris Benoit is down and out as Van Dam and Sandman celebrate for a bit. Some medics come to look at Benoit and eventually take him out to the back. The announcer announces that the Main Event will now start as Sandman makes his way to the back.

Earlier Tonight

We come back to see Rob Van Dam making his way down to the ring.  He gets in as the fans get all over him.  He is handed a microphone and takes a moment to look around before speaking.

Rob Van Dam - Chris Benoit...dude, I really don't know what your thinking.  I'm not gonna come out here and lie to ya, man.  I have seen you before.  Hell, we spent some time in ECW together.  And I've watched you on Niro in the past, dude, but for you to come out here and say that you are the one reason people watch Monday night wrestling and Pay-Per-Views.  Dude, that's totally uncool man.  It's like you just don't understand what you did.  Way before you were drawing people to watch you, I was Mr. Pay-Per-View!  And dude, it's always gonna be that way.  I know that me and you both are in this tournament.  And we're on opposite sides, man.  So, we could only meet in the finals.  And if that is how it's gonna turn out, then so be it.  Because the finals will be on Pay-Per-View...and I will be there in the finals to show everyone who the Mr. Pay-Per-View really is.  Benoit, you don't have to worry about me getting involved in your matches.  'Cuz, dude, I want to meet you in the finals for that World Championship!  And if you don't make it there, you'll be the first to get a title shot.

With that, Van Dam goes to the back as his music plays again.  The fans taunt him the entire way to the back as we get prepared for our first Tournament Matchup.

Crowd Reaction - 76%

Chris Benoit lost overness from this segment.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

MAIN EVENT

Singles Matchup

Sting Vs. Ric Flair

The Nature Boy, Ric Flair is out first and the fans are all over him. He plays to them perfectly and does a few "Wooo"'s as he struts down to the ring wearing his robe over his wrestling trunks. He gets in the ring and the lights dim a bit as Sting's music plays and he walks down to the ring with a serious look on his face. His face is painted black and white as normal and the fans are going even more crazy for him than they were for Goldberg. He acknowledges the fans and gets in the ring as the bell rings to start the matchup.

These two have put on many classic matches, and this one was pretty darned good, too. Sting starts off hot, going at it with Flair. But Flair has way too many tricks to stay down for long. The Nature Boy begged Sting not to hit him at one point after Sting had been pounding him in the corner. Sting looked around for a bit, and recieved a thumb to the eyes. Sting sold that he couldn't see as Flair hit a blatant low blow right in front of the ref. But the ref only warned him, and Flair knew that this was all that would happen.

The Nature Boy then took Sting to the outside about halfway through the match. He attempted to send Sting into the railing, but Sting reversed it! The Nature Boy went back-first into the railing and screamed in pain as the fans cheered on Sting. Sting stomped on him a couple of times and picked him up. But Ric Flair raked him across the eyes. Sting was hurt again and Flair when into the ring. Once Sting rolled back in, Flair stomped on him and kept him down. Flair then tossed Sting into the corner and came charging at him. But Sting moved out of the way. Flair went chest-first into the turnbuckle and staggered back into a Scorpion Death Drop!

Sting hit his finisher and made the pin, but only got a two count! it was very close! Sting then got up and waited for Flair. Flair backed up into the corner and could barely stand. Sting came running in and hit a Stinger Splash! He bounces off of Flair and into the center of the ring. Flair staggered around for a bit and then fell face-first onto the canvas in a little bit of acting he has become known for doing. Sting then went to pick him up, but Flair caugh thim with a cheap shot as he came up. Sting went back a bit and Flair charged him with a clothesline.

Sting went down and Flair decided to attempt the Figure Four Leglock! The fans were up to see him lock his famous finisher in. Sting was fighting the pain for a good amount of time, but he wasn't sure if he could last much longer. He finally reversed the hold and Flair tries to keep it locked for longer, but he couldn't. Sting and Flair were both down and exhausted. Flair got up first and reached into his trunks. He got out some brass knuckles, oblivious to the referee. Sting got up slowly and Ric Flair went to swing with his brass knuckles, but Sting blocked it. He punched Flair a couple of times and sent him flying into the corner. He hit another Stinger Splash and Flair falls down again. Sting then locks in the Scorpion Deathlock.

The Nature Boy tries to fight the pain for a good while, but he can't hold out any longer. He taps out to Sting and Sting lets go. Sting stands on the top turnbuckle as Flair rolls himself to the outside. As Sting is celebrating, the lights go off suddenly. Some of the fans in attendance scream when this happens, but it is supposed to be happening. The lights are out for about half a minute. When they come back on, Sting is laid out in the middle of the ring, busted open. A steel chair is beside him and the imprint of Sting's skull can be seen on it along with some blood stains. The announcers are going crazy and asking who did this as we go off the air!

Crowd Reaction - 94%

Match Quality - 71%

Overall Rating - 87%

OVERALL WCW MONDAY NITRO RATING - 80%

WCW Nitro Notes

World Championship Wrestling used this Monday Nitro to continue storylines mostly. The 16-Man Tournament for the vacant Heavyweight Title was also announced. The brackets will be posted later. The World Wrestling Federation used RAW to crown a #1 Contender to The Big Show's World Title and to crown some new Tag Team Champions. WCW lost to WWF once again with a rating of 5.21 for Nitro. RAW got a nice rating of 6.84. The quick results for both shows are below.

Quick Results for WCW Nitro :

Paul Heyman came out and put over ECW wrestlers and announced the 16-Man World Title Tournament - 84%

Yoshihiro Tajiri beat Rey Misterio, Jr. and Juventud Guerrera to retain his Cruiserweight Title - 77%

Randy Savage came out and insulted Rhino after Rhino Gored Miss Elizabeth last week on Nitro - 86%

The Sandman and Rhino attacked Savage after running in from the crowd - 90%

The Impact Players beat Eddie Guerrero & Diamond Dallas Page to retain their Tag Team Titles - 77%

Sabu & Bill Alfonso insulted Rob Van Dam & Jerry Lynn, telling them both that their time was coming - 81%

Sabu beat Jeff Jarrett to win the United States Championship and was attacked by Lynn afterwards - 75%

Rob Van Dam came out and had some words to get off his chest about Chris Benoit, telling him that he would get to the finals of the tournament - 74%

Goldberg beat Scott Hall by DQ to advance in the World Title Tournament and Speared Nash and Hall afterwards - 69%

A Chris Benoit/Rob Van Dam video package is played hyping their feud over the last week - 76%

Sting beat Ric Flair via submission to the Scorpion Deathlock to advance in the World Title Tournament and was laid out by a mystery person after the lights cut out - 87%

Overall Rating - 80%

Quick Results for WWF RAW :

The Rock came out and hyped up the Triple Threat #1 Conteders Match tonight - 89%

Rikishi beat Gangrel cleanly and danced afterward - 56%

Kurt Angle attacked The Big Show before his interview, but Show Chokeslammed him through a table - 91%

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin arrives at the building - 87%

Kane beat The Hardy Boyz in a handicap match - 72%

Undertaker came out and told Kane to watch his back, little brother - 81%

The Dudley Boyz beat The New Age Outlaws to win the Tag Team Titles after a 3D to Road Dogg - 69%

Chris Jericho came out and got the fans support by asking who they liked better, Bulldog or Jericho to which they replied Jericho - 88%

British Bulldog & Kurt Angle defeated Chris Jericho & Big Show after Angle hit Show with the timekeeper's bell - 72%

The Rock tells Stone Cold that he has his back tonight in the Triple Threat Matchup - 95%

Triple H beat The Rock and Steve Austin after Austin was eliminated by DQ after a chairshot and Triple H hit the Pedigree on The Rock - 82%

Overall Rating - 79%

World Championship Wrestling had a higher quality show, but the fans just aren't used to tuning into Nitro. If things continue this way, WCW should be on top of the ratings war eventually, but how long will it take?

WCW Thunder Results

January 13th, 2000

We open up to clips from last week's Thunder. We see Lance Storm hitting the Super Kick on Crowbar and then making the pin as Justin Credible spears Crowbar's partner, David Flair. We then see The Impact Players walking to the back with their new Tag Team Titles. Next, we see Rhino Goring Buff Bagwell and pinning him. We also see Rob Van Dam pushing Chris Benoit off the top turnbuckle in his match with Sandman and then proceeding to hit the Van Daminator. Finally, we see RVD hitting the Frog Splash on Hogan and pinning him. The ring then fills up with The Outsiders, Sandman, and Jerry Lynn alongside Rob Van Dam, but Goldberg chases everyone out of the ring as we go to the live arena.

Opening Segment

Paul Heyman's ECW Theme starts the night once again as he walks his way down to the ring. He is wearing his usual suit, tie, and ECW hat with his ponytail hanging out of the back. He gets in the ring as the fans boo him.

Paul Heyman - Wow, Extreme Championship Wrestling sure is going strong, isn't it? You people tune in here every single night expecting to see guys like Meng and The Barbarian, but isntead you get treated to guys like Rob Van Dam, Sandman, and Jerry Lynn. We even got The Outsiders on our side. Everyone knows where the true future of wrestling is headed, and that is to the Extreme side! And tonight will be no different. I have three matches to announce. The first two are in the World Title Tournament. Of course, Rhino will be beating Randy Savage tonight. But the second World Title Tournament match of the night will be Chris Benoit and Jerry Lynn!

The fans pop at the announcement of this match right here tonight. Heyman just smiles and continues.

Paul Heyman - And finally, I want to give you a taste of what ECW was about. And what better way than to put Eddie Guerrero in one side of the ring.....and Dean Malenko in the other side. Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero, one-on-one tonight!

The crowd doesn't seem to be that excited about this one, but it's been great for ECW in the past, so it should work here as both men are kind of over. Heyman then finishes with one more thing.

Paul Heyman - ECW shall continue its dominance all the way to Sin. And at Sin, something great is going to happen....trust me.

With that, the ex-ECW owner leaves as the crowd boos his last statement. He played them perfectly. He makes his way to the back as we go to our first matchup.

Crowd Reaction - 80%

Tag Team Matchup

Yoshihiro Tajiri & Juventud Guerrera Vs. Super Crazy & Rey Misterio, Jr.

Yoshihiro Tajiri, the WCW Cruiserweight Champion, is out first and he gets a decent amount of heel heat as he yells at the fans on his way. He is wearing his Cruiserweight strap on his waist as he walks into the ring and waits for his partner. Juventud Guerrera is out and the fans don't react to him as much as they did for Tajiri. He does show his charisma, though, as he hops around on his way to the ring. He shakes Tajiri's hand as they wait for their opponents.

Super Crazy is out first and the fans are behind him. The Extreme Luchadore, as his entrance video says, is pumped to be here, but he waits on the outside before stepping into the ring with his two opponents. Misterio's music plays and the fans give him a pretty good amount of applause as he makes his way down and stands beside Crazy. They do some talking and slide in the ring at the same time. The other two stand on the opposite side and the bell rings as Tajiri steps to the outside and Misterio allows Super Crazy to start for his team.

Super Crazy and Juventud Guerrera start off and these two put on a great, fast-paced matchup that the rest of the WCW roster can only drool at. These two are putting on a classic, and neither one looks to slow down. They do some quick technical spots, but mostly they rely on the top rope to dazzle the fans. Super Crazy hits some reverses on Guerrera's holds and then hits a big dropkick. Guerrera tags out and we get a flashback of the ECW days as Yoshihiro Tajiri takes on Super Crazy.

Crazy and Tajiri continue the quick pace, but it isn't as fast as Juventud and Super Crazy. Tajiri chooses to slow it down a bit and do some nice technical maneuvers. Also, whenever Super Crazy tries to get advantage he will be met with a very stiff kick to the head, chest, back, or legs. Yoshihiro Tajiri is like a hawk stalking his prey as he picks and chooses when he will attack. Super Crazy is really worn down and tries to make multiple tags, but Tajiri won't allow him to get to his corner. Misterio is begging to be tagged in, too.

Tajiri continues working over Super Crazy, but this comes to a halt suddenly when Super Crazy delivers a kick of his own to Tajiri. Tajiri just shrugs it off, but he is pissed. He swings wildly at Crazy, who dodges and hits a belly-to-back suplex that sees Tajiri's head bounce off the canvas painfully. Yoshihiro Tajiri is selling the affects of the move as Super Crazy makes one last effort to tag in Rey Misterio, Jr.

Super Crazy makes the tag and Misterio comes in on the hot tag. He picks up Yoshihiro Tajiri and sends him into the ropes. Tajiri comes back and Misterio drops down. Tajiri jumps over and bounces off the ropes again. Tajiri comes back and Misterio hits a drop toe hold. He then gets up and does a flip onto the bak of Tajiri. Tajiri is really in pain and now he is the one needing a tag to his partner. Rey Misterio goes at it and delivers some high-flying moves to keep Tajiri down for nearly the remainder of the match.

Finally, we get to the end of this great match (easily the Match of the Night). We have Yoshihiro Tajiri in at the end against Super Crazy. The two ex-ECW superstars are really worn out and it is showing as they have each lost a step. Tajiri goes for the Kick of Death on Crazy, but Crazy dodges it and hits a Jumping DDT on him in return. Super Crazy then positions him and goes to the top rope. He hits the Triple Jump Moonsault as Juventud Guerrera comes running in. But he is cut off by Super Crazy's partner, Rey Misterio. Misterio hits a crossbody on Juventud Guerrera and then boots him until he rolls to the outside. Super Crazy makes the pin after the Triple Jump Moonsault and picks up the win for his team. Super Crazy and Rey Misterio, Jr. celebrate with the crowd a bit before walking to the back.

Crowd Reaction - 65%

Match Quality - 95%

Overall Rating - 72%

Just Perfect

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig is out after the ring is cleared of the previous competitors. He smiles a bit as the fans are already going after him. He steps between the ropes and grabs a microphone.

Curt Hennig - If you fat slobs could shut up for just one minute, I have something to get off my chest.

The cheap heel heat works well and they go crazy now.

Curt Hennig - Lately, I've been in the back and I can't help but feel sick to my stomach. It's all because of these ECW guys in the back. Now, I'll admit, there are some of them that deserve to be where they're at. Guys like Jerry Lynn and The Impact Players. They deserve respect. They are near perfect and I can respect them. But then....then we have others like Terry Funk and Sabu. These guys make me want to vomit. Look at Terry Funk....sure, he was in WCW before ECW came here, but he is an ECW wrestler at heart. Just take a look at him....he's not in shape, he's hideous, and he's a disgrace to wrestling all-together. I really wish...

Before he can say anything else, he is interrupted by someone's music....

Singles Matchup

Curt Hennig Vs. Tommy Dreamer

Tommy Dreamer comes down and the fans immediately react to him with a loud pop. He runs straight down to the ring wearing his "Innovator of Violence" T-shirt. He gets in as Hennig looks shocked. Dreamer tackles Hennig down and immediately begins pounding on him. He hits lefts and rights for about eight seconds until the bell rings and we have an impromptu matchup between Curt Hennig and Tommy Dreamer.

Tommy Dreamer continues the momentum by hitting a big spinebuster. He then drops an elbow to the back of Curt Hennig, who rolls around in serious pain. Dreamer then decides to hit some ECW-style brawling and sends Hennig flying to the outside. He stomps on him a couple of times and picks him up. He sends Hennig flying into the barrier back-first. Hennig then comes back, but gets clotheslined down to the concrete. Dreamer then picks him up and tosses him across the announcer's table. The fans are cheering Dreamer on, and he gives them what they want by hitting a Dreamer DDT on the concrete. The ref yells at both men and warns them about the ten count, so Dreamer sends Hennig back into the ring.

Curt Hennig rolls around nearly unconscious as Dreamer follows him into the ring. He goes to make a pin, but only gets a two count as Hennig kicks out at the very last opportunity. The fans cheer as they thought the match was over, but the referee shows two fingers so they boo him and Curt Hennig. Hennig then gets lifted up by Dreamer, but he delivers a low blow. Hennig then starts to take control and hits a sidewalk slam on Dreamer followed by a couple of bodyslams.

Curt Hennig then struts around the ring as he believes he has Dreamer right where he wants him. He stomps on him a couple of times, but continues to play to the crowd instead of hitting any moves on his opponent. He turns around and picks Dreamer up. He sends him into the corner and beats him down for nearly a minute. He even begins to choke him with his boot as Dreamer sulks down into the corner. The referee has to pull Hennig apart to break the illegal choke, but Hennig breaks free and continues the choke on Tommy Dreamer.

Finally, the referee stops Hennig and Dreamer gets the chance to get in a quick shot at his opponent. He beats down on Hennig for a bit, but Hennig stops it with a knee to the gut. He then hits a knee lift and struts around once again. Finally, he picks Tommy Dreamer up and signals for the Hennig Plex! The fans get up as Hennig goes to lift Dreamer up above his head.....but Tommy Dreamer blocks it! He then proceeds to hit the Dreamer DDT! He falls down and both men are out. Tommy Dreamer droops an arm over Curt Hennig and makes the pin. The referee count the three count and the match is awarded to Tommy Dreamer after a decent brawling matchup! We head to a commercial as Dreamer rolls to the outside, leaving Hennig motionless in the ring to recover.

Crowd Reaction - 71%

Match Quality - 72%

Overall Rating - 63%

Mystery Man

Before we head to a commercial, we are given another mysterious video for some unknown superstar. We see pure darkness for a bit before we see a silhouette of a man. His voice speaks :

Mystery Man - Darkness falls each night, it is assured that this shall occur. But what would happen if light abandoned the world? If those few shining moments of glory were diminished by pure darkness and sin? Find out on January, 30. Sin is coming!

We then head to the real commercials.

Crowd Reaction - 93%

??? gained overness from this segment.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Singles Matchup

Oldschool ECW Match

Eddie Guerrero Vs. Dean Malenko

Eddie Guerrero comes out first and the fans give him a decent reception. He raises his hands in the air as he walks down to the ring. He gets in one ring and stretches himself on the ropes as he waits for his opponent, Dean Malenko. The Man of 1000 Holds is out next and he gets booed pretty badly by the people in attendance. He ignores them and he really appears to have no emotion as he walks down to the ring like a robot or machine of some sort.

He gets in the ring and these two go on to put on a great matchup. Not as fast-paced as the cruiserweight tag team match that opened the show, but a great technical masterpiece that could have been Match of the Night on any other night. There aren't as many high spots, but they string together some great sets of holds, blocks, and reversals. Guerrero is really getting the upperhand early on and the fans are loving it.

The fans don't respond that well to the technical maneuvers, though. They get bored pretty quickly, but this is serving the purpose of showing what ECW was really about. Eddie Guerrero has had the upper hand in the matchup for about six minutes, but Malenko gets his chance after blocking a submission hold from Guerrero. Malenko then locks in an armbar submission. Guerrero can't reverse it and has to make his way to the ropes.

Malenko comes right back and locks on a variation of the crossface. These two continue to go at it for about ten minutes all together. Eddie Guerrero is on top at the end and he goes to the top rope for the Frog Splash. But Malenko bounces off the ropes and sends Guerrero falling with his crotch coming into contact with the top turnbuckle. Guerrero sells it well as Malenko goes over to him and hits a suplex off the top turnbuckle. He then makes the pin, but only gets a two count. He gets up and looks furious. He thinks for a second and locks in the Texas Cloverleaf! Guerrero rolls around in pain for a bit before finally tapping out. He tried to fight it, but couldn't. Malenko rolls to the outside and quickly exits to the back as Guerrero gets up with aid from the ropes.

Crowd Reaction - 70%

Match Quality - 89%

Overall Rating - 71%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Tag Team Matchup

The Outsiders Vs. Goldberg & ???

The announcers say that The Outsiders, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, asked for this match after Goldberg decided to stick his nose in their business last week on Thunder. The Outsiders are out first and they do their usual intro with Hall doing his strut to the ring. They both get in the ring and joke around as Goldberg's music hits. Scott Hall mocks him as Goldberg stands at the top of the entrance ramp and his pyros go off all around him. He walks down to the ring and hops up on the canvas. He smiles at his two opponents for a split second and everyone waits in anticipation to see who his mystery partner is.

Bagpipe music plays and 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper makes his way down to the ring, wearing his plaid kilt and looking crazier than ever. He comes to the ring wearing his "Hotrod" T-shirt and he stands beside Goldberg. Goldberg decides to start this one off with Scott Hall. Hall goes right to Goldberg, but Goldberg shakes off his punches and kicks. He then shoves Hall back to his side of the ring. Hall laughs a little bit as he gets up, but he is just trying to hide his fear. Goldberg then locks up with Hall and shoves him again. Hall looks pissed off and slams his hands down on the canvas.

Goldberg then proceeds to take it to Scott Hall for a good amount of time, about three or four minutes. Scott Hall finally tags out to "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and the camera shows Piper begging Goldberg to tag out. Goldberg nods and tags in the "Hotrod". Roddy Piper goes toe-to-toe with Nash, who punches him a couple of times in the jaw. Piper shakes his head furiously and begs Nash to hit him again. Nash goes to swing, but Piper blocks it and hits about six real quick jabs to the stomach of Kevin Nash. Nash staggers back and Piper reaches to grab his arm. He pulls Nash towards him and hits a short-arm lariat, knocking Big Sexy down. Nash then gets up and pushes Piper back some.

Piper and Nash go at it for a good amount of time. Nash gets in control and tags in his partner, Scott Hall. Hall and Piper go at it a bit until Piper makes the hot tag to Goldberg. Goldberg comes in and cleans house. He takes out Hall and then Spears Kevin Nash through the ropes, sending him down to the outside. Goldberg goes to hit the Jackhammer Suplex on Hall, but Kevin Nash comes back in and breaks up the pin attempt. Nash then delivers a Big Boot to Goldberg and exits the ring. Hall makes a pin attempt, but only gets two. Hall then tags in Kevin Nash as Goldberg tags in Roddy Piper.

Piper and Nash lockup and Nash hits him with a bulldog, which is strange seeing him perform that move. Nash then picks him up and signals for the Jacknife Powerbomb! Piper hits a low blow to stop it and Nash falls down towards his corner, tagging in Scott Hall in the process. Scott Hall comes in and stomps on Piper for a bit. We then see him hit The Outsider's Edge and keep the bridge for the three count and the win. Goldberg then comes in and tosses Scott Hall to the outside. Nash was entering the ring, but decided to go to the outside instead to avoid Goldberg. Goldberg looked over Piper as The Outsiders celebrated on the outside and walked to the back.

Crowd Reaction - 87%

Match Quality - 64%

Overall Rating - 72%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

R-V-D!!

We now go to the back where Paul Heyman is with Rob Van Dam. Van Dam is in his street clothes and Heyman looks exactly as he did at the opening segment of the night. Heyman has the mic and decides to talk.

Paul Heyman - Chris Benoit...The Crippler....let me just tell you that you have made a huge mistake when you crossed Rob Van Dam's path. You just don't understand that he is Mr. Monday Night, he is Mr. Pay-Per-View, and he is the reason people watch wrestling on television. Honestly, Chris, you've spent time in ECW. Do you think you were on his level then? No! So what makes you think your better than RVD now after you've spent all this time in WCW and he's spent his time in ECW? Which company was better? ECW! So Van Dam has the credibility and the drive to beat you.

Rob Van Dam - Dude, Paul...lemme speak, man. Your right about a lot of things. I am better than him. But that's not just it, dude. Ya see, I might not get the chance to go against Chris Benoit until the Pay-Per-View. And that's fine with me. I don't wanna rush things....but I'm just gonna say that when we finally do meet, your the one that's gonna be getting pinned 1-2-3 in the middle of that ring. No help from my friends, no help from your friends. It's just gonna be me and you, dude. And I really know your not ready for that. Tonight, I really doubt your gonna beat Jerry Lynn. Ya see, Lynn is just like me. He bleeds ECW just like me. So I wanna give both of you good luck. Either way, I'll be happy. If Jerry wins, that's another ECW brother moving on. If Chris Benoit wins, that'll be one step closer to me and him meeting in the finals. And I will be in the finals, dude, because I'm Rob-Van-Dam.

At the end, he does his signature fingerpoint and some of the fans can be heard chanting his name with him as he does this. We then head to the ring for the World Title Tournament.

Crowd Reaction - 81%

Singles Matchup

World Title Tournament Match

Jerry Lynn Vs. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit is out first and he gets a loud ovation for his presence. He holds his hands up as he stands at the top of the ramp. Finally, he walks down to the ring and waits for Jerry Lynn. The now familiar ECW Theme starts and Jerry Lynn walks out. He looks pretty determined to win this matchup. He slides in the ring and Chris Benoit immediately goes after him.

Although these two are slightly different in styles, they put on a great matchup. Not as spotty as the tag team matchup earlier, but much better in terms of psychology and ringwork. These two clearly gave it their all in this match and both men wanted to advance in the World Title Tournament. Benoit managed to get on top early on in the matchup, using his three repeated Belly-to-Back suplexes to really take it to Lynn.

The New F'N Show shows a lot of pain as he tried to get back up and compete. Chris Benoit felt no mercy, though, and kicked him in the gut and followed it up with a huge powerbomb that shook the ring. Benoit then went to the top and waited for Lynn to get up. He hit an axhandle smash that rattled Lynn. Benoit then tripped Lynn up and locked in a half-crab. Lynn fought valiantly and made it to the ropes in little time.

Jerry Lynn did manage to turn things around, though, as he ducked a clothesline attempt and hit a dropkick that caught Benoit right in the jaw. Lynn then sent Benoit to the corner and pounded on him a bit. He lifted him up and hit a Monkey Flip out of the corner. Benoit was up quickly though. Jerry Lynn came rushing in at him, but Benoit moved out of the way and pushed Lynn into the turnbuckle. Jerry Lynn bounced off the corner turnbuckle and stumbled backwards, right into a German Suplex from The Crippler.

Chris Benoit held on and made a pin attempt, but only got a two count. Lynn then got up and looked ready to go. He hit a hurricanrana on Benoit followed by a top rope leg drop that really got the crowd into the matchup. Lynn then climbed back up the top rope and waited for Benoit to get up. He hit a bulldog from the top rope and Benoit looked pretty bad at this point. Lynn applied a surfboard, but Benoit managed to get out of it eventually.

Benoit and Lynn continued to battle for a long time, with each person sharing plenty of time on offense and defense. Jerry Lynn was in control at the end and he was going for the Tornado DDT from the corner! The fans were booing as he hit the move. Lynn pinned Chris Benoit, but the bell rang too soon. Jerry Lynn got off of Benoit and celebrated, but the ref was trying to tell him something. Lynn ignored what the ref was saying and yelled at him to raise his hand. Most of the fans didn't know what was happening, either. Finally, the ring announcer made an announcement that said, "Due to the 15-Minute Time Limit, this match has come to an end. We have a Draw! Both competitors will advance to the next round!"

The fans booed and cheered at the same time as they discovered that Jerry Lynn AND Chris Benoit both would advance to the next round. Jerry Lynn looked pissed off and Benoit was down and exhausted. Rob Van Dam came running down to the ring just in time. He climbed up the top rope and hit a Frog Splash on the already downed Chris Benoit. The fans were really getting onto him when Sabu came running down! The fans erupted as Sabu took as Van Dam and then went straight for Jerry Lynn. Lynn ran to the back as Sabu gave chase. We then headed to a commercial.

Crowd Reaction - 71%

Match Quality - 100%

Overall Rating - 76%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

During The Break

We come back from the commercial to a now familiar still frame picture. We see Sabu and Lynn in the backstage area. The tape rolls and we see Sabu nail Jerry Lynn with a tackle that takes both of them through a table. Sabu ignores the pain and pounds away on him, eventually busting him open. Sabu stands up and kicks him a couple of times before walking off.

Crowd Reaction - 68%

MAIN EVENT

Singles Matchup

World Title Tournament Match

Rhino w/ Paul Heyman Vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage w/ Miss Elizabeth

The ECW Theme starts up once again tonight and the fans start booing as Rhino makes his way out with his manager, Paul Heyman. Rhino looks completely focused as his manager, Heyman, talks back to the fans who are killing him with their words. Rhino finally gets in the ring as Savage's music starts up. Randy Savage and his beautiful valet, Miss Elizabeth, come out. Savage looks kind of annoyed, and we quickly find out why.

He is arguing with Miss Elizabeth. He keeps pointing to the back telling her not to come down for this match, but she won't listen. The announcers remind everyone of Rhino hitting the Gore on Miss Elizabeth on Nitro a week ago. Miss Elizabeth finally goes back and we can hear Savage tell her that it is for "your own good, honey"! Finally, Savage makes his way to the ring and the bell rings for the match to start.

Randy Savage takes out all of his frustration on Rhino. The announcers tell us that the winner of this match will face Jerry Lynn and Rhino in a Triple Threat Match in the second round of the 16-Man World Title Tournament. They also state that we have had two time limit draws in the last couple of weeks, and something should change with that rule.

Back in the ring, Randy Savage has been killing Rhino. No one has treated Rhino this badly in the past. Rhino is reeling and hasn't managed one thing of offense. Savage even picks up the Man-Beast and delivers a big bodyslam. He signals for the Flying Elbow and this could be it already! This might be the biggest upset ever! Savage goes to the top rope, but Rhino gets up. Savage decides to try an axhandle smash, but as he jumps off he gets Gored right in the air! The fans have an incredible pop at that good spot between these two as Savage is down.

Rhino waits on Savage to get up and hits a second Gore for good measure. He then makes the pin and gets the three count in this quick matchup. Rhino looks like he is on a mission. Heyman gets in the ring and instructs Rhino to Gore him one more time. Rhino does so and Savage looks like he was just in a war. Finally, Rhino leaves towards the back as we go off the air.

Crowd Reaction - 80%

Match Quality - 72%

Overall Rating - 69%

OVERALL WCW THUNDER RATING - 74%

The ratings battle between World Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Federation continued this Thursday as Smackdown! went up against Thunder. Of course, Thunder lost the ratings battle as has come to be the pattern. WWF has been on top for a long time, but WCW does seem to have the better product. Smackdown! recieved a 5.88 rating while Thunder got a 4.00. Below are the quick results for each show :

Quick Results for WCW Thunder :

Paul Heyman came out and put over ECW, then confirmed 3 matches for the night - 80%

Rey Misterio, Jr. & Super Crazy beat Cruiserweight Champ Yoshihiro Tajiri & Juventud Guerrera - 72%

Curt Hennig came out and insulted Terry Funk & Sabu of ECW - 79%

Tommy Dreamer beat Curt Hennig after a Dreamer DDT - 63%

A mystery man's hype video was played - 93%

Dean Malenko beat Eddie Guerrero via the Texas Cloverleaf submission - 71%

The Outsiders defeated Goldberg and his mystery partner, Roddy Piper via The Outsider's Edge on Piper - 72%

Paul Heyman and Rob Van Dam insulted Chris Benoit, but wished him luck in his Tournament Matchup - 81%

Chris Benoit and Jerry Lynn battled to a draw in the World Title Tournament matchup - 76%

Sabu attacked Jerry Lynn after his matchup - 68%

Rhino beat Randy Savage in the World Title Tournament mathchup - 69%

Overall Rating - 74%

Quick Results for WWF Smackdown!

Triple H came out and insulted The Rock and bragged about being the #1 Contender - 83%

The British Bulldog hit a sneak attack on Chris Jericho in the back - 80%

X-Pac beat Gillberg and Essa Rios in a Triple Threat Matchup to win the Lightweight Title - 58%

We see Big Show warming up for his non-title matchup against Kane tonight - 72%

The Dudley Boyz successfully defended their Tag Team Titles against The Hardy Boyz - 89%

British Bulldog won in a squash match against Al Snow - 71%

Steve Austin talked about his Handicap Matchup with Mean Street Posse - 95%

Steve Austin beat Mean Street Posse in a Handicap Matchup after hitting about five Stunners - 59%

A hype video for the Royal Rumble was played -  99%

The Undertaker was in the back, insulting Kane and calling him "Little brother" - 83%

Kane beat The Big Show with help from Kurt Angle, afterwards The Undertaker came to the aid of Big Show and chased off Kane & Angle - 78%

Overall Rating - 75%

The WWF 2000 comedy diary is pretty much over. I was about 1/4 done with The Royal Rumble and I was making parts that showed the past of every feud. I was planning on having it a serious-looking Pay-Per-View that didn't have much comedy. But I had to go back and look at all the show results, which were lost when the board changed.

The comedy diary was getting kinda stale to me and a little boring to write at times. But if you enjoyed it, that's great. Anyway, I could bring it back some time but right now I'm giving all attention to this one.

And who knows, Ted Turner could get amnesia at any time to turn this diary into a comedy, but I highly, highly doubt it.

WCW Monday Nitro Results

January 17th, 2000

We start the night off with some clips of various WCW superstars hitting their signature moves or posing for the camera. This short clip lasts about half a minute until we go to the live arena to ECW's Theme playing once again to start a WCW show.

Opening Segment

Paul Heyman is out with his microphone. Beside him stands Rob Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, Rhino, and Sandman. These five men look quite confident as they make their way to the ring. Paul Heyman gets in first and immediately goes for the microphone.

Paul Heyman - Okay, guys. We've all been a part of something huge. We've all been here these last couple of weeks to see the rise of Extreme in World Championship Wrestling. But this battle doesn't end here tonight....it doesn't end anytime soon. No, we have to keep this up. Just take a look at these four men and see the impact they've made. Sandman here has been involved with everything.

Paul Heyman turns around to face The Sandman.

Paul Heyman - He's in the World Title Tournament...but Sandman, you got other business here tonight. I booked you in a match with Norman Smiley right here tonight...for the Hardcore Championship! You get your tail out there and show Norman Smiley what hardcore is all about....show WCW what hardcore is all about!

He then turns to Jerry Lynn.

Paul Heyman - And Jerry, you were the mastermind behind the attack on Sabu a couple weeks ago. You set it all up. That right there earns you a top spot in that tournament. But tonight you'll be in a Triangle Matchup in the second round of the tournament since you couldn't get the job done against Benoit. But don't worry, I am more than confident that either you or Rhino will come out on top. You two know what to do.

Paul then looks to Rhino, the Man-Beast.

Paul Heyman - Rhino...where can I start? You took it straight to The Macho Man. You took it to Miss Elizabeth. Your really proving yourself every night. Your going in that Triangle Match tonight with Jerry against Chris Benoit. I am counting on you two to prove to him that he doesn't belong in this ring with you. And don't worry, you'll get a shot against Randy Savage very soon.

Paul then looks to his brightest star, Rob Van Dam.

Paul Heyman - R-V-D....Mr. Monday Night! The single best wrestler in World Championship Wrestling. You have been giving it to everybody...Sabu, Chris Benoit, Hulk Hogan....your really making your mark. I know I can count on you to get to the finals of that World Title Tournament and prove why you are the best. But I'm sorry, Benoit won't be making it to the finals. His path ends here tonight!

Paul Heyman then looks back to the crowd as they really start to get onto him.

Paul Heyman - Four of the greatest wrestlers in the history of wrestling. And their marks shall be made here in World Championship Wrestling. But for tonight, let me get these announcements. First, if you haven't noticed, we've had two draws in the last couple of weeks. This is because of the ECW style of wrestling taking over. So...how can we fix this? No more time limits! From now on, there will be a clear winner to every match! No draws! And secondly, let me announce the two World Title Tournament matches for tonight. First, of course, is the Triangle Matchup with Rhino, Jerry Lynn, and Chris Benoit. You can rest assured that Chris Benoit will not make it out of that ring victorious.

The fans boo Paul Heyman at his guaranteed ECW victory.

Paul Heyman - Next is the Main Event....Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan are at that spot tonight. Now....there is one more announcement. You see, ECW has already made an impact on this New Millenium, but it just isn't enough. So, tonight, you will see the debut of Mike Awesome! I hope everyone is ready for ECW to continue its dominance of World Championship Wrestling. Thank you!

With that, Paul Heyman drops the mic and leaves. The other four wrestlers walk behind him as the crowd really gets onto him.

Crowd Reaction - 82%

Tag Team Matchup

The Impact Players © Vs. Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer

The Impact Players are out first with their tag straps on. Justin Credible really gets the crowd annoyed at him by being annoying as hell. The announcers make a huge announcement stating that we will find out who the #1 Contenders are to their tag belts at Thunder this week! We will have three tag teams in the ring going at it and the winner will face The Impact Players, or Funk & Dreamer, at Sin!

Terry Funk and Tommy Dreamer come out at the same time to Tommy Dreamer's music. The fans give both men a pretty good reaction and the announcers remind everyone of how Curt Hennig insulted both of these men last week on Thunder until Tommy Dreamer came out and beat him in a singles matchup. The announcers also remind us that Dreamer and Funk are very close and have a father-son relationship (wow, that's like the fifth time they've said that in the last couple of weeks). Dreamer gets in the ring as Funk waits on the outside. Dreamer looks to be going up against Lance Storm.

But Justin Credible comes from behind and attacks him as Lance Storm steps to the outside. Nice heel tactics there. Justin Credible and Tommy Dreamer bring back memories of ECW with their pretty good brawling. Credible can't really keep his momentum going because Dreamer blocks a suplex attempt and hits a reverse atomic drop on Justin Credible. Credible sells it well and gets clotheslines right to the canvas. The fans get up and cheer Dreamer on as he stomps Credible down for a bit and tags out to Terry Funk, The Hardcore Legend!

Terry Funk comes in and he is moving very slow. The years of hardcore wrestling have really taken their toll on him. His body looks almost grotesque. But, ignoring this, he will put on a great show. He goes to beat on Credible, but Credible slides to the corner and tags in Lance Storm. Storm looks a little annoyed at this, as if he is scared to get in the ring with Terry Funk, as well. The Impact Players have some quick words with each other and Lance Storm finally steps into the ring, a little hesitantly though. Storm goes to lock up with Funk and gets kicked in the gut. The Funkster then hits a botched Piledriver that sees Storm land very awkwardly.

Funk didn't stop, though. He pounded on Storm for a good bit and he kept the momentum going for about five minutes, tagging out to Dreamer afterwards. Tommy Dreamer came in as Storm tagged out to Credible. Justin Credible took it straight to Tommy Dreamer like he was possessed. He didn't slow down and he really had some good, fast-paced brawling going here. Justin Credible tagged out after about three minutes and let Lance Storm come back in for another try. Storm went straight to the mat and did some pretty good technical wrestling. He did a couple of submission moves to wear him down.

Tommy Dreamer finally made the hot tag to Terry Funk and it appeared that The Funkster and Dreamer would come out on top in this matchup. This was all good and well until Terry Funk missed an attempted clothesline on Lance Storm and hit the referee instead. Funk looked down at his and tried to help, but Storm rolled him up from behind. There was no count and Storm looked upset. Justin Credible then came in and started to double-team Terry Funk. Tommy Dreamer wasn't having it, though. He came into the ring and layed out both men as there was some sort of noise coming from the crowd.

A man was running to the ring...it is Curt Hennig! He runs into the ring and lays out Dreamer with a clothesline. He then picks him up and hits a Hennig-Plex! He lets it go and starts stomping on Terry Funk. The Hardcore Legend rolls to the outside as Curt Hennig high-tails it to the back. Finally, the ref revives as if nothing happened. Justin Credible and Lance Storm proceed to hit the Deep Impact finisher on Tommy Dreamer. Lance Storm then locks in the Boston Crab and Tommy Dreamer taps out very quickly. The champions retain as Curt Hennig stands at the top of the ramp with a mic in hand, laughing at Dreamer and Funk.

Crowd Reaction - 71%

Match Quality - 78%

Overall Rating - 74%

The WCW Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Hennig Makes a Challenge

Curt Hennig stands at the top of the ramp as The Impact Players walk right by him, celebrating their victory. Tommy Dreamer is helped up by Terry Funk and the two hardcore icons look to the top of the ramp and begin pointing at Curt Hennig, yelling at him in the process.

Curt Hennig - Listen up, you two pieces of trash. That is exactly what you get for coming across Curt Hennig. You two...you really sicken me. Just look at you. Not in shape, not even attractive enough to be a star in this business. Terry Funk, your the most disgusting person to ever be called a wrestler. George 'The Animal' Steele would steal your wife from you on his worst day. But you two want to come into World Championship Wrestling and pretend to be wrestlers. Well, let's have a wrestling match then. It'll be you two against me and a person of my choice at Sin! I hope you two garbage wrestlers are ready...and it will NOT be a hardcore match. It will be a regular WRESTLING match.

The crowd reacts with boos and cheers as Curt Hennig exits. Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk are then seen in the ring, nodding at each other as we head to a commercial.

Crowd Reaction - 74%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Singles Matchup

WCW Hardcore Championship

Hardore Matchup

Norman Smiley © Vs. The Sandman

Norman Smiley is out first and he proceeds to make a joke out of the hardcore division in World Championship Wrestling. Those of you who are betting on these matches should already know who to vote for in this one. Smiley comes out and does his stupid Big Wiggle. Suddenly, "Enter Sandman" blasts over the P.A. system and the fans actually go nuts for him, even though Sandman's now a heel. He walks to the ring with his Singapore Cane in hand. The bell rings and we start.

The match starts and ends quickly. It lasts just under a minute. Right when Sandman gets in the ring, he nails Smiley with his Singapore Cane. Smiley tries to run, but Sandman catches him and throws him into the corner. He chokes him for a bit with his Singapore Cane. Then, he hits the White Russian Legsweep and pins Norman Smiley. He gets the three count and the win to gain the hardcore championship! The crowd is still behind Sandman after everything going on lately, but he just walks to the back as "Enter Sandman" plays again after less than two minutes.

Crowd Reaction - 71%

Match Quality - 63%

Overall Rating - 68%

The WCW Hardcore title has gained in image.

The Stinger Speaks!!

After Norman Smiley gets his sorry carcass out of the ring, Sting's music plays. The crowd goes nuts as The Stinger makes his way out from the back. He looks a little paranoid and keeps looking over his shoulder and all around himself. He then gets in the ring. He doesn't stay looking in one direction for over 5 seconds, though. He then begins to speak as he continues to look around himself.

Sting - Look! I don't know who you are!

He turns to look in another direction.

Sting - But I'm really sick of this! Let's settle our differences!

He turns around again.

Sting - Right here, right now!

He turns in another direction. His eyes are extremely wide and he looks tired as well.

Sting - Come on out! Let's get this done!

Finally, his requests are answered. The lights cut out as the fans scream loudly.

Crowd Reaction - 77%

Sting lost overness from this segment.

The Stinger....KO'ed!!

After nearly half a minute, the lights return. Once again, we see Sting down and out in the middle of the ring. Blood has been shed as it runs down his white face paint. Beside Sting is a chair that has been crushed in. Suddenly, the announcers command the cameramen to show the big screen. The camera turns to it and we see a statement on it in white letters and a black background - "We shall meet at Sin, Stinger!"

We cut to commercials as the screen fades out on this message to Sting.

Crowd Reaction - 81%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Singles Matchup

The Cat Vs. Mike Awesome

The Cat is out first and he does his dancing as the fans cheer him on. He really gets the crowd behind him as he waits in the ring for the debuting Mike Awesome. Awesome comes out and he has a new entrance video. First, we hear "Awesome" and then we hear "Song 2" by Blur over the P.A. system as Mike Awesome makes his WCW debut. The man is taller than average and looks like a monster. He slowly makes his way to the ring as the fans don't know what to think. They immediately boo him as he is going up against a fan-favorite in The Cat.

The bell rings and Mike Awesome takes it right at The Cat. Hmmm, could we have a second squash match for tonight? Would someone lose a debut matchup? Of course not! Mike Awesome proceeds to kick The Cat's ass all over the ring. We get some pretty decent brawling from him, but nothing that's gonna bring in the ratings. Mike Awesome finally hits The Awesome Bomb, which is a running powerbomb, and makes a cocky pin with his foot. The ref counts the three and The Cat is completely out. Awesome holds his hands up and then pounds on The Cat some. He picks him up and throws him out of the ring as he celebrates for a bit. He keeps reminding the referee to hold up his hand before he finally makes his way to the back.

Crowd Reaction - 68%

Match Quality - 65%

Overall Rating - 67%

The Cat lost overness from this match. Mike Awesome gained overness from this match.

Oh Yeah!!

We then cut to the back where we see "Macho Man" Randy Savage standing in the back with his beautiful valet, Miss Elizabeth. Elizabeth looks a little worried and Savage looks extremely pissed off. Savage the begins to speak.

Randy Savage - Ohhhh Yeahhhh! Rhino! Last week you beat me fair and square in the World Title Tournament....ohhhh yeahhh! That's for sure, brother...but it isn't over! It is nowhere near over, bro. Because you will NOT get to the next round! Noooo, that just ain't gonna happen! So, let's say you lose tonight. Ohhh yeahhh, you will lose tonight, too! And after you lose, brother. I want you, one-on-one at Sin! And The Ma-CHO Man will be waiting for you to accept, brother. Because next time we meet, there's gonna be a different ending. The Ma-CHO Man is gonna be jumping off that top rope and flying down on you with the big el-BOW brother! Oooohhhh Yeaaahhhh!

We head to a commercial as Macho Man stares into the camera.

Crowd Reaction - 91%

Randy Savage gained overness from this segment.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Triangle Matchup

World Title Tournament Matchup

Rhino Vs. Chris Benoit Vs. Jerry Lynn

'The Crippler' Chris Benoit is out first. He comes out to a large ovation from the fans in attendance. He raises his hands in appreciation as he walks to the ring. The announcers say that he is walking right into a bomb ready to explode on him at any moment. Rhino and Jerry Lynn come out together along with their manager, Paul Heyman. These two smile and shake hands before getting in the ring. Then, they stand on one corner together while Chris Benoit is in the other corner. The two wrestlers representing ECW exchange some tips to each other before the three-way battle begins.

It start out just as expected....Chris Benoit gets delivered to the wolves. Rhino and Jerry Lynn each take turns pounding on him and it looks as if things are going to go as planned by Paul Heyman and ECW. After only four or five minutes, Jerry Lynn and Rhino have delivered a hellacious beating to the Crippler. Rhino has already hit a powerbomb, piledriver, and choked him in the corner for about thirty seconds. Jerry Lynn has hit a leg drop off the top rope, a bulldog off the middle ropes, and a huge dropkick that really got Benoit reeling near the beginning of the matchup.

About halfway through and Benoit is still dazed and out of it. The match looks like it'll go to an ECW star, but which one? The announcers continue to remind everyone that the first pin will win it. About halfway through the match, Jerry Lynn is holding Benoit up since he can barely stand. They are preparing for Rhino's Gore finisher. Rhino comes stomping in and Gores....Jerry Lynn! Benoit dove out of the way at the very last minute. Rhino gets up and looks around as Jerry Lynn rolls around in pain. Rhino checks on his fallen friend for a bit as Benoit gets a much-needed breather.

Jerry Lynn is now up and he shoves Rhino a little bit. Rhino tries to explain, but Jerry Lynn won't listen. Suddenly, Chris Benoit comes in and clotheslines Jerry Lynn over the top rope. He then kicks Rhino in the gut and plants his face to the canvas with a DDT. Benoit then applies the Crippler Crossface, but Jerry Lynn eventually breaks it up. Rhino and Lynn then turn their attention back to Chris Benoit. They continue to double-team him for a good amount of time.

We are finally late in the match and Chris Benoit is still getting the vicious beating. Neither men has made a serious pin attempt. Jerry Lynn did make the pin attempt, but willingly got off of Chris Benoit after one. This was just an act to mock Chris Benoit. Jerry Lynn now hits the Tornado DDT on Chris Benoit. Rhino decides to pick Chris Benoit up and hold him for Jerry Lynn. Lynn comes flying in and hits a dropkick.....on Rhino! These two have done it once again! The fans are going crazy as these two get back up and start arguing with each other again.

Finally, we see someone running down to the ring....it is The Macho Man! The fans are going nuts as Macho Man stops right at the ring and looks up at the two men arguing and the one man down and out. Benoit is motionless under the ropes as Jerry Lynn and Rhino continue to argue with no clue about Macho Man. Jerry Lynn then spots him and points to him. Rhino looks over at The Macho Man and goes to the outside. He gets up in Savage's face, but there are no punches thrown yet by either man.

Back in the ring, Jerry Lynn looks at these two men arguing, his back to Chris Benoit. Benoit then turns Lynn around and nails him with a punch. He suddenly has a big boost of energy! He then whips Jerry Lynn into the ropes, but Lynn reverses....and Benoit turns this into the Crippler Crossface! Rhino is now up in Savage's face, and he turns to walk away on the outside.....but he turns around and goes for a Gore! But Savage moves at the last instant and Rhino goes shoulder-first into the steel steps! The fans are marking out big time as Jerry Lynn taps out inside the ring to the Crippler Crossface and the ref rings the bell. Randy Savage then starts giving the boots to the downed Rhino.

Chris Benoit can barely stand and he rolls to the outside...but someone else is coming down to the ring.

Crowd Reaction - 73%

Match Quality - 92%

Overall Rating - 82%

SABU!!

Sabu comes rushing down to the ring. Bill Alfonso walks behind him, a bit slower. Randy Savage continues taking it to Rhino with some boots on the outside and Sabu has Jerry Lynn to himself, finally. Sabu sets Jerry Lynn up for a top rope maneuver and proceeds to hit a huge moonsault. He then yells at Bill Alfonso, who tosses him a chair that he has got from the outside. Sabu then goes straight to the top rope after giving Lynn a couple of boots. Sabu jumps off the top rope, puts the chair under his leg, and hits a leg drop onto the chair, sending it straight into Jerry Lynn's face. Sabu celebrates inside the ring for a bit with Bill Alfonso blowing his whistle. Savage then walks to the back. He is followed by Bill Alfonso and Sabu. We then head to a commercial after all of this carnage.

Crowd Reaction - 85%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

MAIN EVENT

Singles Matchup

Kevin Nash Vs. Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan is out first and the fans are marking out for him big time. They can't shut up as Hogan poses a little bit before strutting to the ring. He does his usual poses once he gets in the ring as The Outsiders make their way out. Scott Hall joins his partner, Kevin Nash, who is scheduled to wrestle Hogan here tonight. Hulk Hogan talks to the referee a bit and it looks like he is trying to get rid of Hall, but the referee shakes his head and tells him that he has the right to be out here right now. Nash and Hall do the Wolfpack signal to each other before Nash gets in the ring and the match begins.

Wow, what a terrible match takes place afterwards. It was all good and well until the bell had to ring. Kevin Nash is actually given the task of carrying someone, so you know this is bad. Nash does take advantage early on and hits a sidewalk slam followed by a backbreaker. He's really targetting the back of 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan. Nash even decides to take a break and talk to Scott Hall, mocking Hogan in the process. Hogan then gets up and gets a flurry of punches of Nash. Now, most people would be able to block these in real life, but this is wrestling and this is Hulk Hogan! So Nash tries to sell them as best as he can, but it doesn't add much affect.

Hogan is on top of things and he even manages to bodyslam the big man. Hall looks a little worried on the outside. Hulk then throws Nash to the outside on the opposite side of Scott Hall. Kevin Nash can barely stand as Hogan bodyslams him again, this time on the outside. Hogan then takes off his belt and begins whipping Kevin Nash. We see one, two....three....and four whips on Big Sexy! The belt is going right on his back, too. Scott Hall then comes around and distracts Hulk Hogan for a bit. But the referee gets his attention. Hulk has turned away from Kevin Nash and is walking over to Scott Hall when the referee counts for the seventh time. Hogan then turns around and gets a Big Boot from Kevin Nash. Nash then rolls Hogan back into the ring and pounds on him for a bit.

Nash stays in control for a good bit of time. Things stay normal until Hogan 'Hulks Up' and no-sells Nash's punches. He even no-sells a Big Boot and then bodyslams Nash once again (wow that move is getting popular in this match). Hogan then goes to the ropes and bounces off...but Scott Hall trips him up! The ref looks over and sees that Hogan has fallen. Hogan gets up and looks towards Scott Hall. He begins to yell at him until Nash gets a hold of him. Nash hits a headbutt of all things and then proceeds to hit the Jacknife Powerbomb! The fans are getting incredibly loud now as Nash makes the pin and gets the win.

Scott Hall now gets in the ring to beat down on him some more, but this doesn't last long. Once again, Goldberg is the savior! He comes running down to the ring and Hall and Nash both decide to fight another day as they bounce quickly to the outside on opposite sides. Goldberg comes in and tries to reach over the top rope to grab Kevin Nash, but he doesn't succeed. He then checks on Hogan as we go off the air like this....again.

Crowd Reaction - 85%

Match Quality - 43%

Overall Rating - 72%

OVERALL WCW NITRO RATING - 77%

World Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Federation continued the Monday Night Ratings Battle this week as Nitro went at it against RAW. Nitro recieved the same exact rating as last week with a 5.21. RAW went up by .2 points to a 6.86. RAW was coming off of the heels of their annual Pay-Per-View, The Royal Rumble. Results for the Rumble and RAW are below.

Quick Results for WCW Nitro

Paul Heyman came out, addressed four of his ECW alumnus, and then announced the matches for tonight - 82%

The Impact Players beat Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer to retain their tag team titles after Curt Hennig interfered - 74%

Curt Hennig said he would get a mystery partner to take on Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk at Sin in a tag team match - 74%

The Sandman beat Norman Smiley in a squash match to win the Hardcore Championship - 68%

Sting came out and begged for answers regarding the mystery man that's been stalking and attacking him lately - 77%

The lights go out and Sting is laid out when they return back on - 81%

Mike Awesome beat The Cat in a second squash match for the night after an Awesome Bomb in his debut match - 67%

Randy Savage guaranteed everyone Rhino would not make it to the next round of the World Title Tournament and that they would both meet at Sin - 91%

Chris Benoit beat Rhino and Jerry Lynn in a Triangle Match in the World Title Tournament after miscommunication between the two ECW stars and Randy Savage distracting Rhino - 82%

Sabu attacks Jerry Lynn after the match with Bill Alfonso - 85%

Kevin Nash w/ Scott Hall beat Hulk Hogan in the World Title Tournament and Goldberg chased them both off afterwards - 72%

Overall Rating - 77%

Quick Results for WWF Royal Rumble

HeAt Main Event/Hardcore Holly beat D'Lo Brown - 67%

Dudley Boyz beat Kai En Tai, Edge & Christian, and The Hardy Boyz in a TLC Match to retain their Tag Team Titles - 87%

Hype video for the Kane/Undertaker feud - 70%

Kane beat The Undertaker and then proceeded to chokeslam him through the announcers table and abduct the KO'ed 'Taker - 84%

Chris Jericho beat The British Bulldog to retain his IC Title, but was floored with a Running Powerslam from Bulldog after the match - 84%

A hype video for the Triple H/Rock feud is played - 92%

Steve Austin beat Vince McMahon cleanly after three Stunners and drank three beers afterwards - 84%

The Rock won the Royal Rumble after eliminating Kane - 74%

Triple H beat The Big Show after Kurt Angle interfered, and The Rock came down to help Show afterwards - 82%

Overall Rating - 81%

Quick Results for RAW

Steve Austin comes out and gloats over his win last night over Vince McMahon - 96%

X-Pac defeats Jeff Hardy and TAKA Michinoku to retain his Lightweight Title in a Triangle Matchup - 73%

Chris Jericho arrives in a limo.....and gets Powerslammed into his limo by The British Bulldog - 79%

Triple H comes out and brags over him being the new champion and tells Rocky to watch his back - 83%

British Bulldog squashed Val Venis and Jericho came out afterwards, but Bulldog ran away - 74%

Vince McMahon announced that Steve Austin would be taking on Kane tonight for payback for last night - 98%

Kane beat Steve Austin cleanly and Vince McMahon came out afterwards and layed the boots to Austin - 85%

We see a video of Kane burying The Undertaker in a cemetary after their match at The Royal Rumble - 77%

Edge & Christian defeated The Headbangers to get a shot at The Dudley Boyz next week - 69%

Edge & Christian got on the mic and made fun of The Headbangers - 81%

Big Show & The Rock beat Triple H & Kurt Angle after the People's Elbow on Kurt Angle - 88%

Overall Rating - 82%

World Wrestling Federation looks to be going strong after The Royal Rumble after giving Triple H the title, eventually setting up a Triple H/Rock Main Event at WrestleMania. WCW looks to continue building matches going into Sin, and many are wondering what will happen after this month when Chris Jericho jumps ship to WCW.

WCW Thunder Results

January 20th, 2000

WCW Thunder starts with more clips from the last couple of Thunder shows. We see Curt Hennig, Tommy Dreamer, Rhino, Chris Benoit, and Jerry Lynn among others in this short, 30-second clip. Finally, we head to a live look at the sold-out arena before ECW's Theme starts up again. Wow, getting kinda repetitive isn't it?

Opening Segment

The ECW Theme plays and Paul Heyman comes out. He is joined by Rhino, Jerry Lynn, Sandman, and Rob Van Dam. These 6 men walk into the ring and Paul Heyman looks very upset. He waits for a moment as he shakes his head. Finally, he speaks.

Paul Heyman - Rhino! Jerry!

He turns to face these two wrestlers. Rob Van Dam and The Sandman back away from them and leave them to face Heyman on their own.

Paul Heyman - You two did not get the job done on Nitro! That is ridiculous! Basically, you lost a handicap match against Chris Benoit! There is no excuse for that! So tonight I want to see some fury in your eyes. Tonight, you two will go against Randy Savage and Sabu in a tag team match. And you better get the job done tonight, guys. Now get out of this ring, I can't look at you two right now.

Rhino and Jerry Lynn leave the ring slowly as The Sandman and Rob Van Dam step back up.

Paul Heyman - Okay, next up is Sandman. Sandman, you got your World Title Tournament matchup right here tonight. So does Rob, but your is going to be a little different. For those that watched Nitro, they would've seen Sandman beat that joke of a wrestler, Norman Smiley, to win the WCW Hardcore Championship! Well, it only makes sense that your matches will be hardcore matches from now on. Tonight you face Roddy Piper in the World Title Tournament, and that match is now a hardcore match!

The fans cheer a bit as a huge smile comes over Sandman's face. Finally, Paul Heyman looks at Rob Van Dam.

Paul Heyman - Rob Van Dam....tonight you have your Tournament Matchup. Tonight, it is R-V-D against D-D-P. I have no doubt in my mind you will slaughter him, Rob! You represent ECW better than anybody, so when you get out there in that ring, you dominate every second of that match. Bring home the title, Rob!

Heyman then shakes Rob Van Dam's hand as the ECW Theme starts back. The Sandman, Heyman, and Van Dam now exit as the crowd boos them.

Crowd Reaction - 82%

Singles Matchup

Mike Awesome Vs. Buff Bagwell

Buff Bagwell is out first for this match. He gets in the ring and accepts the cheers from the fans as "Song 2" by Blur starts over the P.A. system. Mike Awesome comes out from the back with a very serious look on his face. He gets in the ring and the bell signals the start of the match. Awesome immediately goes after Bagwell. Buff doesn't really know what hit him. The first four minutes of the match are completely dominated by Mike Awesome. Awesome hits a shoulder block that really left a mark on Buff. We see the end of the match very shortly as Mike Awesome hits an Awesome Bomb on Buff and makes the pin to win his second match in a row. The crowd boos Awesome as he walks to the back, leaving a hurt Buff Bagwell in the ring as we head to commercial.

Crowd Reaction - 70%

Match Quality - 65%

Overall Rating - 68%

Buff Bagwell lost overness from this match. Mike Awesome gained overness from this match.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Singles Matchup

#1 Contendership to WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Super Crazy Vs. Juventud Guerrera

We come back from commercials as Super Crazy's music blasts over the P.A. system and he walks down to the ring. He jumps up onto the canvas as the fans show their approval. He gets in the ring and raises his arms up as Juventud Guerrera's music starts. Juvy stops at the top of the ring and runs in place for a second before he runs down to the ring and slides under the bottom rope. He gets in the ring and goes right at Super Crazy as the bell rings.

The announcers tell everyone that the winner of this match will face Yoshihiro Tajiri for his Cruiserweight strap in a ladder match at Sin! Meanwhile, in the ring, these two are really going at it. We see Super Crazy do a flip off of the top rope and land right on Guerrera, taking both of them out for a long eight count. The referee is still counting as Super Crazy gets back up. Crazy then heads to the top rope, but Juventud Guerrera catches him on his way up. Guerrera proceeds to hit an Outsider's Edge-like move on Crazy, who was on the top turnbuckle. Guerrera attempts a pin, but can't get the win just yet.

Juventud Guerrera stays on top for a good portion of the match now. The announcers remind everyone about the new No Time Limit Rule, saying that there must be a winner in this match. The match lasts a very long time, and most are surprised that any of the Big Two would give this much time to wrestling and not storylines or angles. We see Super Crazy duck a clothesline and come back with a German Suplex. He rolls over and attempts a pin, but Guerrera kicks out. Crazy then hits a hurricanrana and we take a commercial break between the action.

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

We come back to see Super Crazy hitting a plancha onto Juventud Guerrera, who was standing on the outside. Crazy then beats on Guerrera for a bit and droops him over the railing. Super Crazy then goes back into the ring and heads straight to the top rope. He hits a leg drop onto Juventud Guerrera, who was leaning over the railing! The fans begin to chant "ECW", guess they are familiar with ECW. Crazy and Juvy are both down for a good amount of time until Super Crazy gets back up and rolls Juventud back into the ring. Super Crazy then makes a pin attempt, but doesn't get the win. The fans are really starting to show interest in this match now.

Super Crazy controls the match for about five more minutes, until he misses a twisting plancha from the top rope. Guerrera rolls out of the way and then stomps on him a bit. He then picks him up and nails the Juvy Driver! The fans are starting to sit back down as Juvy makes the pin.....but Super Crazy kicks out! Juventud Guerrera looks absolutely furious as he picks Crazy back up and nails a second Juvy Driver! But Crazy kicks out for the second time! Juventud is really yelling at the referee as Super Crazy comes from behind and gets a schoolboy rollup on Juventud. The referee counts the three, but Juventud's feet are on the ropes! The ref doesn't see it, though, and counts the three! The match is awarded to Super Crazy, who celebrates while Juventud gets back up and argues with the referee about the ropes. Crazy then walks to the back, leaving Juvy to argue with the ref for a bit before leaving as well, pissed off.

Crowd Reaction - 63%

Match Quality - 100%

Overall Rating - 81%

Hennig's Here!!

Curt Hennig's music then starts up and he walks out from the back. The fans boo him immediately as the announcers remind everyone that he will have a mystery partner to take on the tag team of Terry Funk and Tommy Dreamer at Sin. They say that he might be here to announce his partner! Hennig gets in the ring and begins to speak.

Curt Hennig - Shut up you stupid, fat slobs! I have a big announcement to make and I cannot speak over you ignorant fans. You can cheer when someone unimportant is in the ring, like Tommy Dreamer or Terry Funk....and they are the reason I am out here right now. These two garbage wrestlers are really a bother to me. I still want to vomit when I lay my eyes on them...I really hope I can make it through our match without spewing all over the ring. But I have been getting people who want to know who my partner will be. Well....my partner will be.....

He stops for a bit and lets the tension rise. Everyone actually looks interested to find out who Curt Hennig's partner will be against Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk at Sin.

Curt Hennig - .......at Sin! That's right. My partner will be at Sin! So, if you want to know who will be by my side, tune into Sin!

With that, the crowd boos and Curt Hennig walks out towards the back as we go to commercials again.

Crowd Reaction - 85%

Curt Hennig gained overness from this segment.

Be Prepared....

Before we go to commercials, we see yet another hype video for this mysterious superstar who will be debuting at Sin. We see Sting knocked out next to a steel chair in the middle of the ring. Blood has stained the chair and Sting's facepaint has been chipped a bit and blood has taken its place. The video then shows a black background with white lettering. It announces the match, "Coming to WCW". Next, it says, "At Sin". Finally, we see "Sting Vs. ???" We then head to real commercials.

Crowd Reaction - 81%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Triangle Tag Team Matchup

#1 Contendership to WCW Tag Team Titles

The Filthy Animals Vs. Eddie Guerrero/Booker T Vs. Lex Luger & Rick Steiner

The Filthy Animals make their way to the ring as we return to Thunder. Rey Misterio and Billy Kidman high-five each other once they get in the ring. Lex Luger comes out next, and the fans boo him pretty loudly. His partner, Rick Steiner is the next one out and he gets a large reaction from the fans, as well. Finally, Eddie Guerrero comes out. The fans get behind him a bit, but they really pick up when Booker T's music starts. He comes out and shows his appreciation to the fans as they get the loudest for him. He then walks to the ring and the match starts as the announcers make some announcements.

The announcers tell everyone that there will be two people in the ring and they can tag out to anyone at anytime. Each teammate must be eliminated and the winning team will be the last team standing. They also stated that, just like the Cruiserweight match earlier, the winners will go on to face The Impact Players, or whoever the champs are, at Sin. Inside the ring, Booker T is starting out against Rick Steiner. This is definitely not the way to get the crowd excited by the in-ring action, but Booker T knows how to get them involved.

He hits a standing side kick and yells at the fans, who yell back at him in support. He raises the roof for a bit before he picks Steiner up and sends him into the ropes. He catches him with a tilt-a-whirl slam and then makes a pin attempt, but only gets a two. Booker T takes it to Rick Steiner for a long time before finally tagging out to his partner, Eddie Guerrero. Guerrero comes in, but Steiner tags out to Rey Misterio, Jr. These two make a great effort and get the match moving at a much faster pace. Eddie is just a tad slower, but he can definitely keep up with Misterio.

Misterio is on the recieving end of the pain for awhile at first, but he fights back and puts Eddie back into place. Eddie then tags out to Lex Luger, who reluctantly comes in. He really doesn't want to fight, and the announcers say his team's strategy was probably to sit back and let everyone else eliminate themselves. Luger looks pissed, but soon begins to laugh at his opponent, Rey Misterio. Mistero comes right at him, but only bounces off Luger's shoulder, landing hard on the canvas. Luger laughs some more as Misterio gets up. He attempts a cross-body, but Luger catches him. Luger then hits three backbreakers in a row and makes a pin, but Rey kicks out. Luger then bounces off the ropes and attempts an elbow drop, but Rey moves out of the way quickly.

Rey then surprises Luger with an elbow drop of his own. He then bounces off the ropes and hits a big dropkick. Finally, Misterio tags out to Billy Kidman, who makes his first appearance in the matchup. We see Kidman and Luger going at it for a good amount of time. Billy Kidman can't get any advantage, though, and Luger soon hits a big powerslam and tags out to Eddie Guerrero. Guerrero and Kidman go at it and we eventually see the first elimination when Kidman falls victim to the Frog Splash from Guerrero and the pin is made. Kidman walks to the back as his partner, Misterio, takes over in the ring. Misterio is now at a big disadvantage as he has no partner.

Misterio decides to play it smart and tags out to Rick Steiner. We see some decent brawling from Steiner and Eddie Guerrero for a good bit, but Guerrero soon tags out to Booker T. We are back where we started as Booker T looks to be on fire and hands a beating to Steiner. Steiner soon takes the hint and attempts to tag out to Rey Misterio, but Misterio avoids the tag. Steiner then falls victim to a Super Kick from Booker T. Steiner finally grabs Rey Misterio, slaps him on the back, and tosses him into the ring. That was a good way to make a tag. Booker T shows little mercy on Rey Misterio, as he picks him up and hits a big bodyslam. He then tags out to Lex Luger, who looks a little annoyed to be back in the ring.

Lex Luger hits some big moves on Rey Misterio, attempting to really wear him down to get rid of the team. Luger finally attempts the big Forearm Smash finisher, but Misterio ducks it. He then trips Luger up and bounces off the ropes. Luger gets up and falls victim to a cross body that actually worked this time. Rey then goes to the top and waits for Luger to get up. Luger is up and Rey comes off the top. Luger tries to catch him, but can't. Luger is down and gets rolled up for a three count to see our second elimination of the match.

Misterio looks a little shocked as he gets up and Rick Steiner tackles him from behind. Steiner sits on top of him and pounds away at him for a bit. Steiner finally gets up and tosses Rey into the corner. Steiner then tags out to Eddie Guerrero. Eddie comes in and continues the beating on Misterio. Misterio can't do much against Eddie, as he is nearly as quick and easily bigger in stature. Eddie tosses Rey into the ropes and when Rey comes back Eddie launches him into the air. But Rey comes down and hits a dropkick. He then scurries over to the corner and tags in Rick Steiner. Steiner complains for a bit and then goes to work on Eddie Guerrero. The announcers point out that Rey still has a chance to survive!

Guerrero and Steiner fight for a good amount of time and we eventually see Rick Steiner hit a bodyslam. He then chokes Eddie Guerrero for a bit until the ref finally pulls him back. Eddie sells the fact that he can barely breath as Rick stomps down on his throat a couple of times for added effect. Steiner then locks in a headlock and holds it for a good amount of time. Eddie tries to break it, but can't. He then begins to tap out and we have our third elimination! Each team is now down to one member!

Eddie Guerrero makes his way to the back as his partner, Booker T, comes in to take his place. Booker T goes at it with Steiner once again, but Steiner tags out to Rey Misterio. Misterio and Booker T go at it and put on a pretty good matchup for the short time they are in the ring. Misterio is finally eliminated after Booker T hits the Harlem Hangover. He then celebrates for a bit until Rick Steiner comes in from behind once again and gets some punches landed right on Booker T. He hits rights and lefts as Booker T tries to block them, but to no avail.

Booker T and Rick Steiner put on a very, very basic brawling matchup for the finish of this match. Booker T looks to be on the recieving end of the punishment, until he blocks a suplex and hits one of his own. Booker T then sends Steiner into the ropes and hits a Standing Side Kick. He makes a pin, but Steiner kicks out after only two. Booker T looks a little upset, but he brushes it aside. He then clotheslines Steiner to the canvas and picks him back up. He sends him into the corner. We eventually see a superplex from the top rope. Afterwards, Booker makes the pin for the final elimination! Booker T and Eddie Guerrero are now going to face The Impact Players at Sin! We head to a commercial as Booker T celebrates.

Crowd Reaction - 73%

Match Quality - 73%

Overall Rating - 72%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

R-V-D and The Crippler...

We head back to see "During the Break" written on the bottom of the screen. The screen is at a still frame and we see Rob Van Dam walking. The screen then begins to play. Rob Van Dam walks around the corner in the back and bumps into none other than Chris Benoit! The fans erupt as Rob Van Dam and Benoit get in each other's faces. Each has some words to share.

Chris Benoit - You got a lotta nerve.

Rob Van Dam - Oh, save it, dude. Your the one making false statements. You can't back up what you said, man. We both know it!

Chris Benoit - Yeah, I think I DID prove it when I beat Rhino AND Jerry Lynn on Nitro!

By now, a couple of security guards have stepped between these two, but they still continue to exchange words with each other.

Chris Benoit - We will be meeting in the finals!

Rob Van Dam - I know I'm gonna get there, dude! I'm praying you get there! That title is mine, man!

With that, the guards finally break it up and Rob Van Dam walks off, muttering to himself.

Crowd Reaction - 80%

Singles Matchup

World Title Tournament

Hardcore Rules

The Sandman Vs. Roddy Piper

Bagpipe music starts up and the fans react to Roddy Piper! He walks down to the ring as the fans cheer him on. He looks crazier than ever as he really oozes charisma it appears. He gets in the ring and waits as "Enter Sandman" blasts over the P.A. system. The Sandman comes out wearing his Hardcore Championship and wielding a Singapore Cane. The announcers point out that Paul Heyman made this match a hardcore match at the beginning of the night in favor of The Sandman.

Sandman goes down to the ring and the match begins. Sandman starts off by wildly swinging his Singapore Cane, but Piper easily ducks. Piper then grabs Sandman's hand and beats the Cane out of his possession. Piper then goes punch-for-punch with The Sandman, and these two are going nowhere with that. Sandman then backs up and clotheslines Piper down to the mat. He then stomps him to the outside and follows him out. Sandman begins his brutal assault on the outside by stomping on him some more. He then picks him up and sends him into the railing. Sandman reaches under the ring and grabs a chair! The chair is soon crashing onto Piper's back as Piper screams in agony.

The Sandman waits for Piper to face him and then lifts the chair over his head to bring it down on Piper's head! But Roddy Piper is a quick thinker, and he kicks The Sandman right in the groin! Sandman falls down in pain as The Hotrod gets the chair. He then folds it up and starts to choke Sandman with it! The fans are cheering on Roddy Piper as he finally lets go of the chair. Piper then tosses The Sandman into the ring and looks under the ring for a bit. He pulls out none other than a trashcan lid. Piper rolls into the ring with the lid in hand.

He meets Sandman, who has just gotten up, with a stiff crack to the skull! Sandman is busted open upon impact and Piper's eyes begin to widen. Piper then reaches into his trunks and pulls out a pair of brass knuckles! He shows them off to the fans, who cheer in anticipation of this upcoming move. Piper waits for Sandman to stand up. Sandman gets up and Piper rears back. He swings, but Sandman blocks the punch. Sandman then hits a couple punches of his own. He follows this up with a DDT! Sandman then goes to the outside and gets the chair he was using earlier. Sandman places the chair on the canvas and hits the White Russian Leg Sweep on Piper right onto the chair! Sandman makes the pin and gets the win to advance in the tournament. We head to a commercial with "Enter Sandman" playing over the loudspeaker and Piper looks to be down and out.

Crowd Reaction - 73%

Match Quality - 46%

Overall Rating - 64%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

Singles Matchup

Diamond Dallas Page Vs. Rob Van Dam w/ Paul Heyman

"Walk" is played over the P.A. system as Rob Van Dam comes out. The announcers make a weak attempt at a joke by saying this match has "R-V-D versus D-D-P"...yeah, not funny. Anyway, RVD is out and he does his usual entrance, but the fans seem to be just booing him instead of their usual cheers. He really is getting over as a heel. Suddenly, "Feel....the...BANG!" comes over the P.A. system and Diamond Dallas Page comes out. He makes the Diamond Cutter signal and bangs it down on his knee before walking down to the ring. The fans are really behind him already as Rob Van Dam looks on with a smirk on his face.

Page gets in the ring and the match begins. There is a slight contrast of styles here, but both of these guys are good at what they do. Page really gets the crowd behind him to start as he gets on the offensive end first. He delivers some boots to the midsection followed by some slams and power moves. The fans are cheering him on and he stops to do the Diamond Cutter signal again. He then picks up Van Dam and goes for his finishing maneuver. It is way too early in the match, though, and Van Dam pushes him forward into the ropes. DDP bounces back and gets rolled up by RVD from behind. Page kicks out after two.

Rob Van Dam then begins to take charge in this matchup. He hits some real quick maneuvers repeatedly. Page can't really keep up with this new fast-paced action. Page is soon thrown to the outside by Van Dam. RVD then goes off of the top rope and comes crashing down on DDP with a crossbody. Page is down and both of these men are feeling the affects of the move. Van Dam finally gets back up and stomps on Page a bit. He then sends Page into the ring.

He jumps up on the canvas. RVD then jumps onto the top rope, balancing himself in the process. He then jumps again and proceeds to hit a small moonsault on Page. He covers him to make the pin, but can't pick up the win this early on. Page soon fights back and we have a pretty good brawl going between these two. Page and Van Dam exchange momentum a couple of times in the next seven minutes before Page finally gets on top for sure. DDP has hit a powerslam and a couple of bodyslams on Van Dam, and Van Dam is reeling.

Page looks to end the match by signalling for the Diamond Cutter for about the thousandth time of the night. He picks RVD up and gets him in the position for the Diamond Cutter, but Van Dam grabs his hair and slams him down to the canvas. Van Dam then hits a small backflip on him. He follows this up with a trip to the top rope to hit the Five Star Frog Splash! The fans still pop for this move as RVD makes the pin and gets the win to go on to the next round of the World Title Tournament.

After the matchup is cleary over, Rob Van Dam is down and exhausted from the matchup. Paul Heyman gets in the ring and gives a couple of boots to Page, sending him out of the ring. He bends over to check on Van Dam, but the camera cuts to someone running down to the ring from the back. It is Chris Benoit! He runs right into the ring, but Paul Heyman cuts him off. Heyman starts yelling at Chris Benoit and he has a furious look on his face.

Rob Van Dam is still down as Heyman yells at Benoit. Benoit can't take it anymore. He decks Heyman with a punch and the crowd goes nuts. Benoit then locks on The Crippler Crossface as they get even louder. Soon, Van Dam breaks it up with a leg drop onto The Crippler's back. Rob Van Dam and Chris Benoit look to be ready to brawl, but security comes running down to the ring to break it up. They finally pull both men to the back as we prepare for our Main Event!

Crowd Reaction - 77%

Match Quality - 78%

Overall Rating - 77%

GOLDBERG!!

Before heading to our Main Event, we have commercials. But before heading to commercials, we have Goldberg! The unstoppable monster is in the back and he is on a mic to make a challenge!

Goldberg - I've been in the back all night. I've seen two matches made for Sin! And Goldberg will NOT miss Sin! I WILL be at Sin! But, who should I destroy at the Pay-Per-View? I have an idea! How about...Kevin Nash!

The fans pop at the hopes of Goldberg Vs. Nash at the Pay-Per-View....for some strange reason.

Goldberg - .....and Scott Hall! That's right, a handicap match! Let's see if The Outsiders can stand in the same ring as me. I've gone through so many people! But The Outsiders.....YOUR NEXT!

With that less-than-inspiring interview, we head to the last commercials of the night before our Main Event.

Crowd Reaction - 86%

[[[COMMERCIAL]]]

MAIN EVENT

Tag Team Matchup

Rhino & Jerry Lynn Vs. Randy Savage & Sabu w/ Bill Alfonso

The ECW alumnus are out first to their ECW Theme. They get a big reaction from the fans. They both seem to be on the same page after their embarassing mistake on Nitro when they allowed Chris Benoit to get to the next round of the World Title Tournament. They get in the ring and do some talking to each other as Randy Savage's music plays. The Macho Man comes out minus Miss Elizabeth once again. He waltzes down to the ring and stands on the outside as he waits for his partner, Sabu! Sabu is out with Bill Alfonso and he gets in the ring to start against Jerry Lynn.

These two really know how to put on a show. They dazzle the fans with nonstop action that is faster than anyone could imagine before the match. Jerry Lynn seems to be taking over, but this is stopped when Sabu tags out after about five minutes of very quick technical work. Sabu tags in Randy Savage and the fans get on their feet. Savage tells Jerry Lynn that he wants Rhino, but Lynn ignores him and goes for his feet, tripping him up in the process. Jerry Lynn then tries to stay on top, but Savage powers out of a headlock and slams Lynn down hard on his stomach.

Randy Savage really takes it to Lynn with his prehistoric brawling skills. He hits punch after punch....after punch...after punch. Finally, he uses a nice atomic drop followed by a forearm to the back of the head. He tags out to Sabu, who goes to the top rope and hits a hurricanrana once Lynn gets back up. Lynn flies over to his corner. Rhino then tagged himself in and went after Savage. Savage ducked a clothesline and then turned around to nail him with a couple fists to the jaw. Rhino was reeling, but he quickly shook it off. He then grabbed Savage's leg and tripped him up. He kept possession of his leg and let two elbow drops fall down on his leg, squeezing it between the canvas and Rhino's weight.

Rhino then threw Savage into the ropes and Gored him out of nowhere! The fans reacted with cheers and boos, a mixed reaction. But Sabu came in and hit a spinning heel kick on Rhino from behind, sending Rhino to the mat. Jerry Lynn then came in and we see Rhino work his way around Sabu. Now, Sabu is in front of Rhino and Jerry Lynn is making his way towards Sabu. He goes to clothesline Sabu, but Sabu ducks! Jerry Lynn stops just in time to keep his outstretched arm from landing across Rhino's neck. Jerry Lynn smiles a bit and points to his head, signalling how smart and intelligent he is. He begins to laugh a bit as he turns around to recieve a monkey flip from Sabu. This sends him to the outside of the ring.

Sabu gets up and looks over the top rope at Lynn. He turns around and gets Gored by Rhino! Rhino makes the pin, but the referee informs him that Sabu isn't the legal man. Rhino tosses Sabu to the outside and goes back after Savage. He stomps on him a bit and then picks him up. He hits a Running Powerslam that brings back memories of The British Bulldog. Jerry Lynn has now made his way back to the canvas on the outside. Rhino sends Savage into the corner and Lynn chokes him up top as Rhino distracts the referee.

Jerry Lynn then hits some blows to the chest before letting Savage go. But Savage is pissed off, he turns around and nails Lynn, sending him to the floor once again. The fans pop as Savage yells at Lynn. Jerry Lynn crawls back up to the ring as Rhino waits for Savage to turn around. The Macho Man finally turns around and Rhino comes charging in to attempt the Gore! But Savage jumps out of the way and Rhino hits the Gore on....Jerry Lynn! Lynn had gotten in the ring to attack Savage from behind at the last second. Lynn rolls over in pain and grabs his stomach as Rhino looks down at him.

Meanwhile, The Macho Man tagged in Sabu. Sabu hits a springboard dropkick on Rhino just as he turns around. Savage then comes flying in with the Flying Elbow Smash on Rhino. Rhino is out and Sabu hits a big Moonsault. He follows that up with a pin attempt and.....gets the three count! Rhino and Lynn have lost again after miscommunication between each other! Randy Savage and Sabu celebrate for a bit as Bill Alfonso blows his whistle. Meanwhile, Jerry Lynn helps Rhino up and proceeds to get in his face. These two look pretty upset as we go off the air.

Crowd Reaction - 77%

Match Quality - 81%

Overall Rating - 79%

Overall WCW Thunder Rating - 77%