Biggz Championship Series

ACCBiggz

That's right ladies and gents it's time for the NCAA College Football season. I am here to provide you with how the season will go down and why. We'll start with the Top 15 Team according to the USA Today Coache's Poll.

1. Ohio State (28)

2. Texas (11)

3. Notre Dame (9)

3. USC (1)

5. Oklahoma (13)

6. Auburn (1)

7. West Virginia

8. Florida

9. LSU

10. Florida State

11. Miami (FL)

12. California

13. Louisville

14. Georgia

15. Michigan

Biggz' Pre-Season Top 15:

1. Texas

2. Ohio State

3. Notre Dame

4. USC

5. Auburn

6. LSU

7. West Virginia

8. Florida State

9. Florida

10. Miami (FL)

11. Michigan

12. Oklahoma

13. California

14. Georgia

15. Louisville

I disagree with OSU being #1 because of that dominant defense last year they are replacing NINE starters including the entire linebacking corp. Texas only replaces big holes of Vince Young and Michael Huff, but they have the talent around a new QB to ease him in with a great offensive line and weapons, and Gene Chizik as the Defensive Cord. USC reloads better than anyone, with the biggest fall being Oklahoma because of Rhett Bomar.

During this I will update my top ten only as wins and losses come in to play. Sure by years end someone in the lower half of the top 25 will probably be in the top ten, but I'll probably ignore this for all purposes of being lazy to do predictions on every game from the 119 (it is 19 now right?) NCAA D-1 Schools.

Week One: Upset Specials

Hawaii @ Alabama

Prediction: Alabama wins handedly, but don't be surprised if Hawaii wins this in a shoot out. I truely believe that Hawaii has a chance to go into Tide Country and shock everyone.

Marshall @ West Virginia - Friends of Coal Bowl

Prediction: The only reason I put this game on here is because I feel that WVU may believe their own hype and get caught off guard. Again I wouldn't expect anything less than WVU stomping a mudhole through the Thundering Herd.

California @ Tennessee

Prediction: I'm taking Rocky Top in this one baby. The home crowd will be pumped and Fulmer has plenty to prove after last season. Outside of Cal going in to the Coliseum, they haven't been in an enviroment like this. Tennessee will win a tight game.

USC @ Arkansas

This will be a huge test for a young USC team that replaces their entire backfield. They come to SEC Country for a smash mouth football game, that I think they will narrowly escape.

Week One: Game of the Week

Florida State @ Miami (FL)

Prediction: I was saying Miami up until two weeks ago when four players, including starting RB, got suspended by Coker. Now it becomes a struggle with a revamped Nole team. I'm going to take FSU barring a last second field goal.

Standings After Week One

1. Texas

2. Ohio State

3. Notre Dame

4. USC

5. Auburn

6. Florida State (+2)

7. LSU (-1)

8. West Virginia (-1)

9. Florida

10. Michigan (+1)

Week Two: Upset Specials

Virginia Tech @ North Carolina

Prediction: UNC always plays tough, but I don't think it'll be enough. Virignia Tech will escape with an early win. I'd keep my eye on the box score though if it is close in the 4th.

Auburn @ Mississippi St.

I only put this here because I wanted to give Sylvester his due at MSU. Auburn wins.

Clemson @ Boston College

Two ranked teams go head to head in a tough match up. I'm going to take BC in this one because Clemson tends to underachieve. Clemson is capable of winning this, but BC has home field and plays well there.

Washington @ Oklahoma

A big prediction here... Washington upsets OU. I believe Ty Willingham will sneak around the chicken coup and take a win in Norman. Oklahoma is grooming a new QB while Ty has excellent recruits coming in.

Penn St. @ Notre Dame

Wow. What a game this will be, the only way this is better if it was played in November. Notre Dame will win at home in a tough contest, Quinn will get challenged by the defense. This is where he makes his Heisman statement for the season.

Minnesota @ California

California will rebound, but Minnesota always comes with a running game. The Golden Gopher's will test a defense out and try to wear them down, but Cal will get the win.

Georgia @ South Carolina

The Ol' Ball Coach will upset the Bulldogs early in the season. Spurrier will Run n' Gun his way up the rankings this season again. I like Richt's Bulldogs, and as a former QB Coach he'll have one ready, but just how ready this early?

Week Two: Game of the Week

Ohio State @ Texas

The first regular season meeting between a #1 and #2 team in quite some time. Last season saw the Buckeye's drop an opportunity and allow a miracle drive by Vince Young throwing a pass where only Sweed could jump to reach. A good pass, but Sweed made the play. This season you don't have Vince Young or Michael Huff. Texas returns seven on each side of the ball. Ohio State on the other hand have a solid explosive offense to test their D. They did lose Santonio Holmes, and how will that effect coverage on Ted Ginn? The big story for the Buckeyes is defense. They have a young defense replacing nine of eleven. The entire LB corp gets replaced and key holes in the secondary are going to be filled too.

Texas will beat the Buckeyes again. This game will be a shootout in Austin. Texas has a better defense right now, maybe not at week ten when those players will have the experience needed to take on a Michigan team, but during week two heading to Austin in a National Spotlight game, that may be asking too much out of players that are being thrown in to a bad situation. Texas has a great offensive line that will open holes to run, and then the question becomes will OSU stop the run? Texas' running game is underrated and will allow a vertical passing game for Sweed. Losing key DB's may effect their ability to cover a first round draft choice like Sweed who has a good heigh advantage.

OSU will score points, Troy Smith is a legit Heisman canidate, and will lead the Buckeye's offense. This game comes down to OSU defense. If they play championship caliber football they have a great chance for payback, but I feel that this is too much, too soon for the young players to stop the defending National Champions.

Standings After Week Two

1. Texas

2. Notre Dame (+1)

3. USC (+1)

4. Auburn (+1)

5. Florida State (+1)

6. Ohio State (-4)

7. LSU

8. West Virginia

9. Florida

10. Michigan

I have to disagree about FSU and Miami. Weatherford is a good QB, don't get me wrong, he's Int proned though and Miami has the best corners of the Florida teams. Not to mention Kyle Wright will be vastly improved from Last year. Jones will be starting in place of Moss and Jones is a lot faster than Moss. I look for Lance Leggett to be the player of the game, him or Olsen. Other than those two getting some catches, Miami will run the ball right down FSU's throat.

Week Three: Upset Specials

Maryland @ West Virginia

Prediction: Do not sleep on the Terps. I think they could cause an upset here, but I like Pat White too much to think he'll choke at home. WVU continues to win.

Oklahoma @ Oregon

Prediction: I'm taking the Sooners to get on the right track in Eugene. Adrian Peterson will have over 200 yards rushing and help out the QB.

Michigan @ Notre Dame

Prediction: Brady Quinn has a tough test here, but luckily he is playing at home. Henne and Hart could shock everyone and upset the Irish in their house, but I just can not see that happening this year. The defense of both teams need work, and Quinn can pick them apart for a tough win.

Miami (FL) @ Louisville

Prediction: Only put this here because of Lousiville's position and how they did last year, but forget about it. Miami will win this game.

Clemson @ Florida St.

Prediction: Same reason as above. FSU at home in the Bowden Bowl, they'll win. The Tigers have beaten the Noles before, but Carr will be the difference in the passing attack.

Florida @ Tennessee

Prediction: I like Tennessee here too. Just like with Cal I think the stadium will be tough to overcome. Florida will fall in this tough SEC.

Nebraska @ USC

Prediction: USC should win, but Callahan will bring the Huskers.

Week Three: Game of the Week

LSU @ Auburn

Prediction: UM and ND could be here, but the SEC offers a closer match-up in my rankings. Irons will be the difference maker, as Auburn beats a strong LSU team.

Standings After Week Three

1. Texas

2. Notre Dame

3. USC

4. Auburn

5. Florida State

Week Four: Upset Specials

Wisconsin @ Michigan

Prediction: The Maize and Blue should prevail as Wisconsin takes a step back thanks to Barry Alveraz leaving the school. However, the Big 10 is always tough and don't sleep on the Badgers.

Boston College @ N.C. State

Prediction: NC State should upset Boston College in Raleigh. NCST is not a bad team and they'll show it here. They usually provide an upset or two a season, and sometimes sneak inside the top 25.

North Carolina @ Clemson

Prediction: Clemson should rebound here, but as with my earlier Upset Special the Tar Heels have a team built to upset teams this season.

Colorado @ Georgia

Prediction: The Buffs will have problems Between the Hedges, but UGA replaces some key offensive weapons that could allow them to sneak around the chicken coup.

Louisville @ Kansas St.

Prediction: Louisville should win with a running attack, but KSU should make this a contest.

UCLA @ Washington

Prediction: Washington to upset UCLA. I love Ty Willingham and he is back in the Pac10 with good recruiting. UCLA lost MoDrew and could suffer a setback in the rushing attack.

Alabama @ Arkansas

Prediction: Arkansas usually gives Bama a run for their money, I however see Bama getting the victory. Shula has done a great job in Tuscaloosa.

Notre Dame @ Michigan St.

Prediction: I think we remember last year, and that is why this is here. I expect Notre Dame to win handedly though.

Week Four: Game of the Week

Penn St. @ Ohio St.

Prediction: Remember last year? Yeah, me too, but forget it. They have lost a great bit of talent from that team and this is being played in the Horseshoe. The defense will already have the Texas game behind them and that will serve them very well for this game. The Bucks will win by two possessions if not more.

Standings after Week Four:

1. Texas

2. Notre Dame

3. USC

4. Auburn

5. Florida State