TNA 2005, Slammiversary & Onwards

MDP

MPACT.jpg

July 22nd, 2005

The New NWA Heavyweight Champion

A tape of No Surrender runs to the music of "Breaking Benjamin's Blow Me Away". The video ends with Monty Brown on his knees looking to the sky with the NWA Heavyweight Championship in his hands. Monty Brown's music fills the arena and a dueling crowd cheers and boos the new Champ. He steps into the ring and gets on the top rope, showing his belt off to the crowd. He goes to the corner and grabs a microphone.

Monty Brown: Heh heh. Alright, alright, alright. Last night, the dream was realized. AJ Styles fell to the Pounce, and I brought home the belt to the Serengetti! Now I've been hearin' a bunch of bull ever since I got this belt that he has a rematch clause, and he wants to come back for this title. But that's just too damn bad boy.

Monty Brown slings the belt over his shoulder and looks straight into the camera

Monty Brown: 'Cause last night, I broke AJ Styles' knee, and he's out for months! That's right, I put him out of commission. So this belt? Ain't goin' anywhere! And anybody else who wants to step up for this, well you go right ahead, 'cause the rest of you back there, will definately, feel the....

Monty Brown is cut off by the music of Abyss who is accompanied by James Mitchell.

James Mitchell: Cut the music! Listen here Monty Brown. You must think that just because you won that title, that you're on top of the mountain. Well you're not! Six foot eight, three hundred and fifty pounds of pure destruction! If you think for one second, that you are better than Abyss. Think again. Because he'll come down right now and beat the living hell out of you.

Monty Brown: Well you tell him to bring it on then.

Abyss starts walking down to the ring but gets held back by Mitchell.

James Mitchell: Wait, no no. Save it Abyss. We have a challenge for you "Alpha Male". Sacrifice, you, Abyss, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Monty Brown: Now you tell me why I should even bother wasting my time when I already whipped you to get the shot at this belt?

James Mitchell: Oh Monty, this won't be any regular match. The ring you're standing in right now, won't be surrounded by ropes. It's going to be lined...with barbed wire!

The crowd cheers loudly and Monty doesn't look stunned at all. A smile creeps across his face and he brings the mike back to his mouth.

Monty Brown: Haha. Sounds good to me!

The crowd erupts again at his acceptance and Abyss' music hits again as him and James Mitchell back out of the iMPACT zone.

Mike Tenay: Well everybody you just heard a huge match made for Sacrifice! The newly crowned champion after beating AJ Styles in a tremendous match, takes on Abyss in a barbed wire showdown!

Don West: As great as it was watching a dream realized last night, it's going to be even better watching him defend that title!

Mike Tenay: We've got a long way to go until then though, and let's get to some action!

==========

-Chris Sabin vs. Leonardo Kendrick-

The two X-Division stars come to the ring and give each other a quick hand shake before locking up. Sabin over powers Kendrick and throws him down. Kendrick gets up and shakes it off. He locks back up up with him and then he over powers Sabin, throwing him into the corner. Sabin comes back out with a clothesline and level Kendrick, who gets back up and gets another clothesline that inside outs him. The crowd cheers Sabin and he plays to them until Kendrick slides behind him and rolls him up with a school boy. One and a kickout for Sabin as he gets back to his feet. He comes off the ropes and Kendrick gets down, Sabin jumps over him, he comes back across and leap frogs Kendrick, but stops and lands a backward swinging kick to the side of the head. Sabin sees him laid out in the middle of the ring and he runs to the ropes, he jumps off the middle rope and moonsaults onto where Kendrick was, but moved, and Sabin lands on his feet. Kendrick comes back off the ropes in front of staggering Sabin and slides between his legs, and then pulls his feet out from under him, landing on his face.

Kendrick comes off the top with a crossbody and Sabin quickly gets him off of him. Kendrick lands a kick to the back and then sets him up for a DDT that gets reversed into a suplex. Sabin picks Kendrick up and nails him with the Cradle Shock! Sabin falls on top of Kendrick 1..2...broken up by A-1 of Team Canada! The ref immediately calls for the bell.

No Contest Through Interference

Bobby Roode comes out behind A-1 and Eric Young is quickly in tow. Scott D'Amore is walks down laughing as he watches Team Canada destroy Leonardo Kendrick and Chris Sabin. Roode hits the Rude Awakening on Kendrick and A-1 powerbombs Sabin as EY stomps away at them. D'Amore climbs into the ring with a mike.

Scott D'Amore: That's what you get when you mess with the Great North boys. It seems you both have a big problem with Team Canada. And that's perfectly fine. Because next week, if you've got the balls, you two, versus Showtime, and Bobby Roode!

He throws down the mike and Team Canada make their way down back out of the tunnel.

============

Sacrifice

The camera cuts backstage to Raven sitting in a dimly lit room with a sole window lighting the chair he sits in, with a gauze patch on his forehead where he bled at No Surrender.

Raven: Jeff Jarrett. You know I never believed I would be taken to the brink, of my abilities. Being knocked unconcious without even knowing the outcome of the match, was never a thought that crossed my mind. When I woke up in the hospital the day after, the first thought that came to my mind was how much pain and misery I inflicted on you Jeff. I was pleased to hear you were laying just three doors down. So in the middle of the night, as I hobbled down the hallway carrying my IV tube with me, I had a flashback to right before we both apparently went out. And I realized, that not only beating you within and inch of your life was so satisfying, but if I did it in the ring, I could also pursue a current side issue I have of acquiring the NWA Heavyweight Championship. So Jeff, quite frankly there is an event by the name of Sacrifice. And at that event, I plan to share the ring with you again. But this time, I'm going to make sure, there's a clear winner, and it's going to be me. When you get back next week from the hospital, I'll be waiting. Quoth the Raven, Nevermore.

===========

Handicap Match?

Chase Stevens is in the office of Larry Zybysko bent over his desk screaming.

Chase Stevens: He can't even compete tonight, how are we supposed to defend these belts? And I wanna know who did this to him in the first place!

Larry Zybysko: First off, I gave him time to recover, you have to defend them yourself if he can't make it. And second, I've been working on finding whoever screwed this up since No Surrender! You're going out there with or without your partner. Now get out.

===========

-Apolo w/ Sonny Siaki vs. Samoa Joe-

Apolo steps in the ring and waits as the crowd gets to their feet for the undefeated Samoa Joe. He walks down to the ring with his signature towel and Siaki gets in his face before Joe puts his hand on his face and pushes him away. Siaki comes at him with a forearm but Joe turns around and levels him with a clothesline. Samoa Joe slides in the ring and Apolo gets him face-to-face. Apolo starts talking to him and Joe looks to the crowd and slaps him in the face. Apolo doesn't look happy and Joe keeps slapping him, driving him back to the ropes. Joe pushes him against the ropes and whips him into the opposite side. Apolo comes back with his own clothesline that puts Joe down. Joe quickly gets up though and blocks a right hand from Apolo. Joe fires back with a big chop. He chops him again and Apolo fires back with a right that rocks Joe. He regains his balance and knees Apolo in the mid section. He grabs him in a headlock and starts beating him in the back with big forearms.

Siaki climbs onto the apron and into the ring while Apolo gets thrown into the corner. Siaki kicks Joe in the face with a right leg, and then goes for a kick with the left, but Joe catches his foot and brings him down with a dragon screw. He grabs Siaki and then paralysizes him with a dragon suplex. He turns around and Apolo kicks him in the stomach and sets up what everyone knows as a Rock Bottom. Joe elbows him in the back of the head though and trips him onto the canvas. He hooks Apolo's leg and then locks in the STF! Apolo taps out!

Winner: Samoa Joe

Mike Tenay: Don, is the most amazing star I may have ever seen in TNA, and maybe ever!

Don West: Well you know Mike, he's just run through everybody here and he looks like a train coming through, there's nothing stopping him!

Mike Tenay: Before we get to the main event we need to go backstage where the 3 Live Kru is.

===========

3LK Tryouts

Ron Killings and Konnan are backstage behind a wooden table with papers in front of them.

Ron Killings: Okay, so you're here for da new open spot in the new 3 Live Kru. Now, what can you bring to da Kru?

A caucasian man in a side ways hat and baggy clothes that read 'Sean John' is standing across the room.

Man: Well look at these moves, nigga.

The guy starts to dance around wildy with no specific talent. Think back to some American Idol auditions to get an idea of how bad it was.

Man: Well?

Konnan: Hey uh, esse. You know you white right?

Ron Killings: Seriously do', don't eva' say nigga...again.

Konnan: Yeah man I just don't think the 3LK is right for you.

Man: You've gotta be kiddin' me. Look at me. I'm black as night!

Ron Killings: Okay, well don't call us 'n we definately won't call you.

Konnan: Shoot me if someone like eva' comes in here again.

===========

NWA Tag Team Championship Match

-America's Most Wanted vs. The Naturals ©-

AMW comes out first and sets up on the other side of the ramp way waiting for The Naturals to come in through their tunnel. Their music hits and only Chase Stevens comes out looking behind him for Douglas and shakes his head as he poses with both of the belts. AMW jump him and stomp him into the ramp. James Storm picks him up and whips him into the wall next to the tunnel. Harris picks him up and lifts him up and slam him down with a stalling suplex. Chase Stevens pops up and shrieks in pain, holding his back. Storm grabs him and starts kicking him down the ramp way. Harris is carrying both belts with him and he slides in the ring after Storm, who left Chase Stevens on the outside. Harris lets Stevens get back up and he levels him before he realizes where he is. Harris grabs him and throws him into the ring. James Storm picks him up and the ref rings the bell. Storm levels Stevens with the Superkick! He goes to cover, but Harris pulls him off and picks up Stevens, nailing The Catatonic! 1..2..3!

Winners and New NWA Tag Team Champions: America's Most Wanted

AMW grab the belts and hug. They climb the ropes and show off their new gold when the crowd jumps to their feet as they watch Andy Douglas run down the ramp with tape around his ribs and start fighting off AMW. He hits Harris with a right that knocks him down. Storm receives the same. Harris gets hit with a spinning heel kick and then Storm gets a DDt from Douglas and he rushes to Steven's side. AMW recovers and starts stomping away on him. They whip him into the corner and Harris whips Storm at him, and delivers a big clothesline, followed by a huge boot from Harris. They grab Andy Douglas and give him the Death Sentence! They cheer themselves as they leave The Naturals laid out and carry their new belts backstage as the downloadable iMPACT! ends.

===========

20050226_wire.jpg?t=1163956198

July 29th, 2005. iMPACT! Preview

Monty Brown's celebration party was crashed quickly by Abyss and his manager James Mitchell, when Mitchell and Abyss came out, and challenged Monty Brown to a match at Sacrifice. This match won't just be any match, as Abyss wanted Monty Brown inside a barbed wire ring. This week, Abyss and Monty Brown will both be action, however not against each other. They will both choose an opponent for the other.

At No Surrender, Andy Douglas was beat down backstage, and unable to compete in the NWA Tag Team Championship match against AMW. So on iMPACT! last week, The Naturals defended their belts against AMW, without Andy Douglas. Chase Stevens was jumped right before the match, and beat down, and finally, pinned. AMW became the new champions and then Andy Douglas came down to the ring, but was forced into the same fate as Chase. This week, The Naturals Andy Douglas looks for revenge.

Team Canada was upset obviously that Leonardo Kendrick came out with a victory at No Surrender. So last week when Chris Sabin and Kendrick squared off, Team Canada interfered and beat down both of them. Sabin also has heat between himself and Team Canada after beig screwed by Scott D'Amore in the X Cup Tournament. This week, a tag team match between Sabin & Kendrick, versus Showtime Eric Young, and Bobby Roode.

Jeff Jarrett was released from the hospital t week and said he's going to "Let Raven know, that his world is over".

Do not miss this iMPACT! Also, a major announcement that will shake the very foundation of TNA.

Edited by Mountain Dew Plunge

• 4 weeks later...

MPACT.jpg

July 29th, 2005

Pyro rains from the top of the stage area onto the rampway on both sides of the arena and the camera switches to the broadcast team

Mike Tenay: Hello and welcome folks to TNA iMPACT! Live from Orlando Studio 21, we're here at the TNA Asylum and boy do we have a show for you.

Don West: Oh yeah Mike, tonight is the night that TNA takes another step forward in wrestling. A huge announcement is scheduled for tonight, and wow do I wish I knew what it was.

Mike Tenay: Don I am just as lost as you. I'm sure though that within the next hour we're have all the details! But before we get started on that huge announcement, we've got a ton of action for you! The X-Division champion is in action for the first time on impact in a long while.

Don West: Well Mike, this is going to be very interesting as he faces off against his former teammate in Triple X, Elix Skipper.

==========

-Christopher Daniels vs. Elix Skipper-

Skipper comes out and receives modest cheers from the crowd as they don't seem to into him. Daniels gets a round of boos as he poses with the X Division title at the top of the heel rampway. He climbs into the ring and climbs the ropes with the belt. The bell rings and they circle each other until they finally lock up. Skipper shoots on a leg and gets it in the air and has Daniels hopping on one foot. Chris tries an enziguri and Skipper ducks. He catches Daniels' other foot, then Daniels uses his leg power to roll Skipper over himself, but Skipper tucks into a somersault and jumps back up. Primetime jumps off the middle rope and backflips behind Daniels who is on one knee. He grabs his head and throws it down onto the mat.

Daniels regains control after Skipper botches a dive off the top rope onto the floor, landing on the guardrail. Daniels picks him up and hooks his arm over his neck and his leg in his oter arm. He picks him up over his head with the fisherman suplex and has the pin. 1...2..kckout by Skipper. Skipper fights back to his feet and then kicks Daniels in the side of the head. Elix climbs the top rope and lands a splash! 1..2..kickout! Skipper looks up in disbelief and starts pounding Daniels into the mat with fists to the face. Daniels takes it and starts getting up. Skipper misses a kick to the leg and then misses a roundhouse. Daniels grabs Skipper from behind and lands a lowblow where the from the refs position wasn't visible! He drags Skipper to the middle of the ring, and then climbs to the top. Daniels signals the BME and lands it! 1..2..3!

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Mike Tenay: That sonofabitch cheats to win again!

Don West: That's the thing though Mike. That's what makes Christopher Daniels the greatest X Division champion ever. He does whatever it takes, to get the job done!

Mike Tenay: Oh now what in the hell? What's Petey Williams doing?!

Petey Williams has walked down the ramp and has Daniel's belt in hand. Daniels is still in the ring and he's pointing at Petey, telling him not to touch it. Williams wags a finger at him and then walks backwards down the rampway from which he came. Daniels climbs out of the ring and starts chasing him, and Williams breaks into a full sprint to the back. A camera follows them and Daniels is seen choosing between two different hallways. He follows one and finds a door that reads 'Team Canada'.

Christopher Daniels: Open up Petey I know you're there!

Obviously someone behind the door is trying to disguise their voice.

???: Umm..uh..Petey isn't here right now. I think he left the arena.

Christopher Daniels: Open the damn door!

Daniels tries ramming it a few times before he realizes he's not budging through.

Christopher Daniels: You gotta come out sometime.

===========

Choosing An Enemy

James Mitchell and Abyss are backstage with Jeremy Borash.

Jeremy Borash: James Mitchell, Abyss. Tonight, apparently you have the power to choose Monty Brown's opponent tonight. And next week, he gets to choose Abyss's opponent. So have you come to a decision yet?

James Mitchell: Have we come to a decision? Oh yeah. We've come to a decision. You see Monty Brown. There's a reason Abyss wanted you in a barbed wire match. It's so he can punish you to all ends. Monty, Abyss is going to send you straight to hell and back in that match. And in doing so, he becomes the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. And to soften you up Monty, your opponent tonight is a well known enemy of Abyss's. A man who goes to no end, to see his competitors destruction. His name is...Raven! Trust me when I say this Monty Brown, you've got a nightmare on your hands!

===========

-Chris Sabin & Leonardo Kendrick vs. Team Canada (Eric Young & Bobby Roode)-

Team Canada comes out first with D'Amore in tow as always. Kendrick comes out first and storms the ring quickly. He goes right after Roode with a forearm and then hits EY with one. Roode clubs him in the back though and EY knees him in the stomach. Sabin's music hits and he comes charging out and gets leveled by a clothesline from Roode. Rudy Charles desperatly tries to restore order by pushing EY towards the ropes. Kendrick follows suit and steps to his own corner while Roode has Sabin backed into a corner and his palm driving his face upwards. Charles calls for a break and Roode regretfully does. Sabin kicks him in the thigh, and then another. Roode starts stepping back and Sabin grabs him and swings him around in a tornado DDT.

Kendrick and EY are both down on the mat after a double clothesline. Kendrick going for a tag after being isolated for what seems like hours to him. EY tags Bobby Roode in and Kendrick gets the hot tag to Sabin. Sabin clotheslines Roode and then dropkicks EY in the face. Roode misses a clothesline and Sabin drop toe holds him. EY stomps on his back and lifts him up and then drops him down in a suplex. Sabin grabs EY and hits the Cradle Shock! EY isn't legal man, but Charles doesn't let that bother him and starts counting! Roode goes to break it up but Kendrick comes out of no where with a flying heel kick that knocks him out fo the ring, on top of D'Amore! 1..2..3!

Winners: Chris Sabin & Leonardo Kendrick

===========

Arrival

Jeff Jarrett is seen being wheeled into the arena by a TNA staff member with a neckbrace on and a cast on his arm.

Jeff Jarrett: Woah woah. Stop here, I wanna talk for a second. Raven, you're going to regret ever puttin' me in the hospital. I'm going to make damn sure you won't come back from where I was this time.

===========

-Ron Killings vs. Samoa Joe-

Joe comes down to the ring first to his usual cheers and the crowd starts another "Joe" chant. Killings comes down to the ring with Konnan beside him. Joe paces back and forth and Killings slides into the ring as Konnan stands outside. The bell rings and Killings circles Joe who just stands there, turning around, following Killings. Joe takes a step forward and Killings flinches. Samoa Joe gets a big smile on his face and so does Killings. Joe grabs him by the head and they lock up. Joe scores a knee to the stomach and Killings holds his stomach. Joe responds by kicking him in the face, and then drives him to the mat with an STO. Joe falls on top of him and hooks the leg. 1..2..kickout. Joe picks Killings up by his hair and then drags him into the corner. He takes is foot and puts it to Killings' face and starts driving it across the bridge of his nose several times. Joe backs off a little bit and then circles around the ring and runs at Killings, driving the leg into his face one more time.

Killings gains control after Samoa Joe misses a running enziguri in the corner and gets hung up on the ropes. Killings grabs Joe's leg on the inside of the ring and pulls down hard, causing him to crash onto the mat on his head. Killings grabs Joe's leg and then the James' start walking down to the ring. Killings watches them walk down and Konnan gets in front of them. The James' point behind Killings and he turns around, Joe nails him with a quick belly-to-belly suplex. Konnan punches BG right in the face and it knocks him down. Billy and Konnan start brawling outside as Joe gets Killings on the top rope and nails the Muscle Buster! 1...2...3!

Winner: Samoa Joe

Joe slowly makes his way back to the back as BG got back up and nailed Konnan in the back. They throw Konnan into the ring and Billy hits the Fameasser on him. BG tosses him out of the ring and they focus on a lifeless Ron Killings. Billy goes outside of the ring and grabs a chair as BG James mounts Killings and drives his fist into his forehead. He picks him up and holds him by his arms and Billy holds the chair up to the crowd and they boo loudly. Billy positions the chair and thrusts it into Killings midsection.

Mike Tenay: My god, someone stop this. Don't do it Billy! Don't do it! C'mon!

Don West: I can tell you now, these guys aren't going to stop until someone gets hurt badly.

Billy pulls the chair over his head and then drives it deep into the face of Ron Killings. Blood begins to drip from a cut on Killings' forehead and then Konnan climbs back onto the apron. BG points him out and Billy nails him with a chair shot to the face, sending him down onto the floor. Billy and BG stand over top of a motionless Killings and raise each other's arms.

Mike Tenay: We need some help out here Don! Somebody get some help!

===========

Revenge Could Be Sweet

The camera cuts backstage to AMW backstage with their belts over their shoulders in street clothes talking to a few random girls.

Out of nowhere, Andy Douglas nails James Storm with a lcothesline. He turns around and starts pounding on Chris Harris, but Harris grabs Douglas by the throat and throws him into the wall. Storm is back up and he starts kicking him in the stomach. Storm bangs his head off the wall and then throws him to Harris. Chris grabs Douglas and powerbombs him through a nearby table! AMW walk off fired up and Chase stevens runs in and attends to an injured Douglas.

===========

Adding A Man?

The camera switches again to Daniels still standing outside the door, trying to barge it open. Elix Skipper walks past and stops next to Daniels.

Elix Skipper: You need some help man?

Christopher Daniels: I don't need anyone's help.

Daniels again rams the door and it doesn't budge.

Elix Skipper: Listen, we can open this thing together, but you need to do something for me.

Christopher Daniels: Oh really? What's that?

Elix Skipper: Give me the first shot at your title, after Sacrifice.

Christopher Daniels: I'll do you one better, you help me open this door, and I'll let you get your shot, at Sacrifice.

Skipper looks at Daniels and they simultaneously kick in the door. Daniels storms in and finds a wide open window.

Christopher Daniels: DAMNIT!

===========

Mike Tenay: Don, what a night it's been so far! We've had beatings galore, and a title stolen!

Don West: Well we're nearing the end of the night here and we've only got one more match. But where is that big announcement going to fit in?

Mike Tenay: That's right, in a stipulation, Abyss and Monty Brown will choose each other's opponents this week, and next week. Be careful of who you choose, you really want to soften up your opponent before...

Tenay is cut off by Larry Zybysko's music and entrance into the ring.

Larry Zybysko: Excuse me everyone, I am here to offer up the major announcement that's been talked about all week. TNA has been on a growing trail for over 3 years now, and tonight, TNA takes another step in the right direction. Starting August 13th, TNA makes its national television debut, on SpikeTv at 11 o'clok eastern!!!

The crowd lets out an enormous cheer and several TNA faces are shown backstage cheering and clapping.

Larry Zybysko: Now let's all enjoy an amazing TNA match, before TNA returns to television in just two short weeks!

Mike Tenay: What?! TNA is moving to SpikeTv!

Don West: That is absolutely huge! I cannot believe TNA has made it this far!

Mike Tenay: Well it sure is amazing how far we've come from those days in Tennessee, but we've got more work here, Monty Brown, the NWA World Heavyweight Champion is taking on Raven!

===========

-Monty Brown vs. Raven-

Raven's music hits and the crowd jumps to their feet for this huge main event. He climbs in the ring and sits down in one of the corners. Monty Brown then steps out of the tunnel and holds his belt high above his head and pyro goes off behind him. Brown marches down to the ring and points to his belt and Raven gets up. Brown gets in the ring and they go right after each other. Raven gains the advantage and bounces Brown off the ropes. Monty comes back and misses a clothesline, then Raven nails him with a flying elbow. Monty sists up from the impact and then Raven baseball slides into his face. Raven follows up by stomping Brown in the back. Brown gets to his knees and Raven field goal kicks him in the ribcage. Raven drops a big elbow to the sternum of Brown and covers. 1..kickout. Raven kicks him again, but Monty Brown catches his foot and stands up. He smiles and then levels Raven with a clothesline.

Brown continues to set the tempo as he hits a huge powerslam, and he follows up with a cover. 1..2..kickout. Brown sits up and lands two punches to Raven's face before picking him up and whipping him into the corner. Brown charges him and clotheslines him into the corner. He then grabs a rope on each side of Raven and drives his shoulder into his stomach several times. Raven starts fighting back with a right that staggers Brown back. Monty fires his own right and Raven sways. Raven then finds a second wind and lands three left jabs to his face, and the whirls around and clotheslines Brown. Raven picks Monty brown up and signals for the Raven Effect DDT, but Jeff Jarrett starts wheeling himself down the ramp and Raven stops, throwing Brown to the ground. He climbs out of the ring and gets in Jarrett's face, and then Jarrett kicks him between the legs! Jarrett then gets up and tears his neckbrace off and then starts kicking Raven in the back. The ref calls for the bell and awards Raven the match upon DQ

Winner by DQ: Raven

Monty Brown makes his way to the outside where he also starts stomping on Raven. Jarrett picks him up and throws him straight into a Pounce from Monty Brown! Abyss then comes running down the ramp and elbows Monty Brown in the face. Jarrett hits him in the back with a chair, but he just turns around and then Black Hole Slams him outside the ring and Abyss stands proudly over everyone!

===========

• 7 months later...