Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip - Season One

Guest Ringmaster

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty average ep. Was happy to see Danny blow it up within the first three minutes with Jordan, and Darius line to Simon ”Why lordy Master Simon, you sure is good to us field niggers ain’t ya” was perfect.

Edited by Psicosis

I loved it. I loved the battles with the Head Of Illiterate Programming, Matt trying to win the auction, that sexy cute British writer whose name I forget, and the shit with Jack and Wilson White. Danny's stalker story made me feel a little weird, but the rest was top notch.

Danny being obsessed with Jordan was funny. And the whole storyline of Matt outbidding Luke was great. I liked Jack calling that guy a moron and Wilson sticking up for Jack and this whole not-censoring the news thing by calling the guy a moron was also good. This show seriously would be 100% better without Harriet. Ugh. Darius and Simon's fight was good with him being all "Master Simon, you is sure good to us field niggers." :o Awesome. I like his character not wanting to be "the black guy" that Simon wants him to be. Jack trying to learn Chinese during the concert thing was great. The whole Kim/Jack/Chinese guy I forget the name of was good and also funny. Jordan getting 30 different "recommendations" was funny. Danny is way too obsessed.

DL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harriet

Seriously, Harriet is the most annoying character on TV right now. I cannot stand her voice at all.

Guest RINGY SAID DANCE

Janet: I love you.

*next episode*

Janet: I hate you

*next episode*

Janet: I love you

*next episode*

Janet: I hate you.

I really hate the wives on the Unit too. That's why I don't watch anymore >_>.

Guest PotatoClassic

I can't say there was anything in particular I *liked* about tonight's episode, except maybe the lukes5858 swerve...the Cal storyline wasn't the least bit entertaining...the Jordan/Danny confrontation was okay but didn't really give us anything new...Simon and Darius are in the same place they were before the episode...and I SHOULD be enjoying the Lucy/Tom/Kim stuff, but I'm not. Blah.

Hopefully it all gets better next week.

Guest RINGY SAID DANCE

I liked last night's ep, although less than last week's. Still, the characters have me enthralled.

I also dig the whole snake-ferret-coyote thing, perfect example of the Sorkinian symbolism that we used to see on the West Wing.

I liked last night's episode over last week's. The Lucy-Tom-Kim stuff was good for Nate Corddry and Lucy Davis just being awesome. Danny/Jordan and Matt/Harriet were great, Darius/Simon were great and the Cal side plot was inoffensive. Hopefully part three is a big finish though.

Nice to see Cal back after not seeing him last week. And a whole storyline with him, for once, doesn't turn out to be disappointing. Usually when I asked for more Cal I tended to not enjoy more Cal, but this time, he was great. Snakes, ferret, coyote, Cal, and crazy animal handler makes for a good storyline. Danny getting himself and Jordan locked on the roof was good. And Matt spends over $10,000 for a chance to beat out lukes5858 and it turns out it was all for nothing as lukes5858 is a 15 year old snowboarding kid. I love the Darius and Simon stuff. Gives Simon something interesting to do where I just thought he was "there" in the first few episodes. And Lucy finds out that Tom lied about why he broke off the date to go to the award thing with Kim due to Jack forcing him to go with her was good.

I liked the exchanges between Jordan/Danny, but the whole being locked out thing could be seen from a far distance. As soon as they started to move, I knew exactly where it was going and what was going to happen, meh. It was a solid episode, and next week should be very good.