Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip - Season One

Guest Ringmaster

Guest PotatoClassic

Thoughts on this week's episode...

AWESOME. Especially after being disappointed last week. This was the best episode of 2007, by far. I absolutely LOVED the Cal/Bivo/animals plotline, while Cal's explanation of the problems (MOULD!) and Mark McKinney's character's reaction. Actually, I just love McKinney's character in general. Matt and Harriet went pretty much exactly how I hoped it would, with Matt finally taking a bit of the offensive (although it didn't work out for him)...Danny/Jordan went on a *little* too long for my liking, but nothing to throw a fit over...nice to see Tom/Lucy get resolved, although it didn't feel quite right...I'm thinking this whole thing was written in so that they *can* have relationship problems rather than being the cute couple everyone wants to see together forever...and the Jack/Tom/Kim/Xiang plot concluded nicely with Xiang's swerve at the end, although I somehow saw it coming a mile away. Still, a GREAT episode.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's fun." Ha, that actually made me laugh out loud. Obviously, I'm glad Jordan and Danny got together and I actually liked the input of Wendy. I figured she'd be there for a hook up that would really drive a wedge between Matt and Harriett, but she served a purpose.

Edit: Yea, typo.

Edited by Typical Phenom

That episode could of ended at the 30 minute mark and I would of been happy. So much to handle in the one episode, personally I can't wait for when the media bust Danny and Jordan and she chooses to end it. Cal wanting to eat the animals was quite amusing too.

Twas a truly great episode. Danny and Jordan? Yay! Matt and Harriett? zzzzzz! Tom and Lucy? Yay! Cal and the animals? BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! "You commie prick."? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHHA!

Absolutely brilliant episode. I will so miss this show in three to four weeks.

Wow, Studio 60 doing TOO MUCH in an episode? There's a new one.

Definitely the best of the three parter. Cal's storyline never got good, but everything else ended pretty well. I'm not a big fan of the usage of the late additions to the cast (i.e. Darius and Andy). Hopefully they get something more interesting before the show wraps.

Great episode with Danny and Jordan being together, Matt butchering a joke like Harriet would, Jack calling the Asian guy a Commie Prick and he doesn't like to speak English because it is fun, Jack saying that Tom's pants down would be a disappointment for all, a good conclusion to the feud between Darius and Simon, and Cal and the Grizzly Adams guy being awesome.

While this was a great episode, it doesn't even compare to the news that The Black Donnelly's finally got a commercial and will be taking over this shows time slot in March. :w00t:

Guest Rabid Wolveringo

Last night's episode = awesome. I really liked it, although I predict I may be in the minority in this one. The whole back and forth between the past and the present was awesome and eerily similar to the episode of the West Wing where Josh suffers from PTSD. I liked Danny and Jordan as a couple and it's good they're not lovey-dovey fags. It's also good to see some new dimension to Matt's character. And of course, there's a SWERVE~! Granted, it's predictable what with Tim Batale being an anagram, but I really liked it.

Probably one of the best eps they've had.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I liked - but not loved - this episode. The flashbacks to the past were good, although it would've been nice to see Wes. The Dylan & Tom stuff was funny. I liked the Matt stuff too, but I'm worried about overkill. Hopefully the focus goes off Matt for a couple episodes, although I don't really see that happening.

I liked this episode due to the flashbacks. The only time I suspected the person Matt was talking to in his flashback was not real was when the singer person told him that the drugs he was taking were going to screw with his mind. I liked the stuff with Danny and Jordan. And Harriet wasn't annoying so that was great. But I really liked Tom and the other guy trying there hardest to get there sketch on the air. It was funny.

I adored this strange little episode. I guessed that Matt was Tim was Matt when they were face to face and Matt couldn't remember how they met. I hope the Matt and Harriett shit gets resolved before the end of the season though, as I really don't see this being picked up for a second season. I also really look forward to the confrontation between Matt and Danny over Matt's new drug use.

This show just got bumped a week earlier than announced. For the past couple of weeks NBC has been airing promos for the Black Donnellys to debut on March 5th, but last night they announced in a press release that the show is debuting on February 26th. So this Monday is the last Studio 60 for a while.

This was top 5 of all the episodes so far. The idea of really showing what it's like for a newbie on the show is a novel one, and taking Matt off his high-horse while explaining the reason he dislikes Luke is a novel twist. Interesting to see where they go from here with Matt on drugs, as they really already dealt with the issue with Danny having to take this gig because of his drug use. Hopefully next week's episode has a killer twist and hooks viewers to stick around till the spring. And hopefully then we'll be talking about what a smash hit The Black Donnellys are. :D

And hopefully then we'll be talking about what a smash hit The Black Donnellys are. :D

Fitzy and Beatnik are saying how good this show is, but after seeing the commercials for it I'm not seeing why I should watch it.

And hopefully then we'll be talking about what a smash hit The Black Donnellys are. :D

Fitzy and Beatnik are saying how good this show is, but after seeing the commercials for it I'm not seeing why I should watch it.