Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip - Season One

Guest Ringmaster

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that the November sweeps will play a big part in determing this show's future

Well if the first week's any indication, they're not paying 3 million an episode for this: "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (households: 4.9/8, #T9; adults 18-49: 3.3, #T8)

The show would have worked better on HBO/Showtime anyway. Not just because it caters towards a higher brow audience, but because with the lengths of the scenes, it feels like the commercial breaks come way too soon. Probably doesn't have even the slightest chance of going there, but maybe Sorkin will think of that next time.

I think we should start regulating CSI's and L&O's anyway :shifty:

If you've seen one, you've seen the majority of them, and they take away from great quality shows.

Yeah nevermind the fact that they are all getting killer ratings. Let's do away with them.

Guest Ringo Masterson

I liked last night's episode. Could have done without the Matt/Harriet debate about gay marriage for all the episode, that was kinda preachy, but apart from that it was good. Especially Danny and Jack Rudolph. Moreso Jack Rudolph. His tirade against the Chinese guy at the end was all sorts of awesome, as was breaking the girl's camera and trying to pry a tabloid out of her hand.

And yet I actually enjoyed the gay debate and felt the remainder of the Tom in jail story was quite underwhelming. Seemed a bit stupid to me really. I did like Dylan's little story, the interaction between the two beaty mentioned, and Jack's rant was priceless, as was his reply to the girl when she said it was a little mistake due to the inflection.

I liked last night's episode. Could have done without the Matt/Harriet debate about gay marriage for all the episode, that was kinda preachy, but apart from that it was good. Especially Danny and Jack Rudolph. Moreso Jack Rudolph. His tirade against the Chinese guy at the end was all sorts of awesome, as was breaking the girl's camera and trying to pry a tabloid out of her hand.

I really enjoyed the episode all around. I didn't think the gay debate was Sorkin on a soapbox or overdone as much as it was to further the character devolopment of the problems that Matt and Harriet had and still have to this point. It wasn't over done or pressing the issue with the audience, it was showing the rift between the two. At least in my opinion.

The parts with Harriet were shit. I hate her. She brings nothing interesting to the show in the slightest. Ugh. But, I liked the part in Matt's office with Cal, Danny, and Matt watching the game while Jordan tried to talk them into having product placement. And Matt doing that whole thing with the phone and him and Danny getting all excited over it was also good. But yeah, Harriet needs to go.

Guest Ringo Masterson

Danny's easily the best character on the show. He's got something to him I can't help but like. The lack of Jack Rudolph after last week's awesomeness was kinda shit though.