DJing

illmatic

I don't DJ, but quite a few work for the company.  If you're looking to get into it professionally, you gotta be top notch to make any money and even then, it's really not that great.  I'd keep it more as a hobby or something to do on the side.

DJ's can make like 5 grand a night. My friend who is a good DJ,im almost as good as him, make about that much.

Wouldn't get ya hopes up.

Marc Trasher, who was California's DJ of the year in 98 doesn't make 5 grand per appearance.

Guys working the local club scene without national recognition work for a low rate and can generally get a percentage of the door, but 5 grand a night is exaggerated.

Wouldn't get ya hopes up.

Marc Trasher, who was California's DJ of the year in 98 doesn't make 5 grand per appearance. 

Guys working the local club scene without national recognition work for a low rate and can generally get a percentage of the door, but 5 grand a night is exaggerated.

You gotta know how to do things to make money like that. A few of my friends know that shit. Clubs they DJ at they make money that the owner gives them and they share tips with the waitresses. Thats how they get about 5 grand a night.

Hmmm well lets see. If your workin a strip joint they get tiped quite alot. And if you workin a exclusive club they get tip alot but not as much as a strip joint.

Think of this. How many people are in the venue? How many of these people tip? How much do these people tip? How many people do the tips get split between?

Stick your figures up your arse ;)

Think of this. How many people are in the venue? How many of these people tip? How much do these people tip? How many people do the tips get split between?

Stick your figures up your arse ;)

Well if its a good night there will be about 100+ people in the venue. If their not cheap they tip $100+. And the tips get split between the about 2 or 3 people. But times all them tips by like 10. Plus you get paid by the club owner.

I know someone who is a DJ, well he's my brothers mate, and he doesn't get half of that in a night, so god knows what clubs you are working at.

Like I said you gotta know how to do things. You also gotta have some good connections. And does he share tips?

Like I said you gotta know how to do things. You also gotta have some good connections. And does he share tips?

Listen, this is the profession I'm in. 5 grand was a ridiculous number and now you're saying he makes that in a strip club? That's the LOWEST form of DJing. Strippers are lucky to walk away with a couple hundred. If you were old enough to go to a strip club, you might know that nobody really puts up good money there. That's why they have a 2 drink minimum, only way they can turn a profit.