Kingdom Hearts 2

Guest Tequilla Rockin' Bird

Has anyone else got it? I bought LMA Manager 2007 on sunday and quickly realised it was a load of shite by that evening (Roll on Football Manager 07') so I swapped it for Kingdom Hearts 2 earlier. It's pretty good. It's like being on an acid trip with random characters turning up from different games and films. I never played the first one so it's abit confusing at times, but I'm getting the general jist of it.

This should have gone in the Coin-Op Arcade, but whatever.

I haven't played the second one, but I love the first. I haven't beaten it yet, because I can't figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do in the Little Mermaid level, and it pissed me off, so I haven't touched the game in like six months.

My friend sends me updates on his futile attempts at beating Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2. They can be quite amusing.

He described fighting Sephiroth in KH1 in terms of "first you shit yourself and then you die". For KH2 he has updated this to "you blink and don't have time to shit yourself because you're already dead". :shifty:

My friend sends me updates on his futile attempts at beating Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2. They can be quite amusing.

He described fighting Sephiroth in KH1 in terms of "first you shit yourself and then you die". For KH2 he has updated this to "you blink and don't have time to shit yourself because you're already dead". :shifty:

I can barely touch Sephiroth in the first game. And I've put in 60 random hours playing it and trying to get the right abilities, items and level up...

I played the second when it came out here earlier this year and simply played through it normally. Was at level 60 or so and beat Sephiroth fairly easily on my second try, the first being pretty close.

I don't see the supposed big deal about him in the second game... He's severely toned down, almost overly easy and can only be fought once. Meh.

As for the game, I liked it while playing, some things were better than the first, others were worse. Haven't touched it since April though. Likely won't for a year or two until I feel like trying to get the secret ending again.

Well it's not like you have to take on Sephiroth. I for one am obsessed with KHII atm. The story is aimed at an older audience this time rather than the 'kiddish' type audience from the first (doesn't stop me from loving both). One complaint I have is that it is way too easy on normal difficulty, I'm not sure if I want to find out what it's like on easy. Another thing I found was that they tried to turn pretty much every boss into a reaction command battle. It's like the only time a boss is worth attacking is with a reaction command because they do superior amounts of damage.

I loved the 1000 Heartless battle. Easy but it was just awesomeness. Anybody want to tell me why Maleficent came back to life. I don't understand how it happened exactly. Does it have anything to do with a Disney movie or something?

Well it's not like you have to take on Sephiroth. I for one am obsessed with KHII atm. The story is aimed at an older audience this time rather than the 'kiddish' type audience from the first (doesn't stop me from loving both). One complaint I have is that it is way too easy on normal difficulty, I'm not sure if I want to find out what it's like on easy. Another thing I found was that they tried to turn pretty much every boss into a reaction command battle. It's like the only time a boss is worth attacking is with a reaction command because they do superior amounts of damage.

I loved the 1000 Heartless battle. Easy but it was just awesomeness. Anybody want to tell me why Maleficent came back to life. I don't understand how it happened exactly. Does it have anything to do with a Disney movie or something?

I've just cleared the Beast's Castle, Olympus Coliseum and Hallow Bastian worlds, it's pretty good so far but I'd agree with The Prototype in saying it's way too easy on the Normal difficulty setting. The only complaint I have is that the "astroid clearance" levels are a bit... shit.

I've just cleared the Beast's Castle, Olympus Coliseum and Hallow Bastian worlds, it's pretty good so far but I'd agree with The Prototype in saying it's way too easy on the Normal difficulty setting. The only complaint I have is that the "astroid clearance" levels are a bit... shit.

The spoiler tag almost made me to not want to read it lol. Thanks, anyway. Cloud & Sephiroth being involved were probably what swung me towards buying the game in the first place.

I've come to a bit of a dead end. I'm stuck on the second trophy in the underworld, I either run out of time or can't heal myself up quick enough everytime.

Edited by Tequilla Rockin' Bird

If you're running out of health or MP, try using your Drive Forms. They'll restore all that for you and you Drive bars will refill faster. If you need to because you're slow, use Thunder to attack most of the enemies. If none of them are close enough, use Magnet magic. Using Valour Form, take advantage and use most of your physical hits during a jump. Master form works well if you want to use magic as it's much more effective. When going into a form, be near a pack of enemies, taking advantage of the shockwave.

During the fight with Cerberus, if your not particularly levelled, use forms to compensate for lack of power. Try locking on to the head, this gives you a greater chance of being able to use a reaction command.

Other than that, just level up. I didn't really try that sort of stuff until I'd beaten the game. Now I'm just going around doing sidequests (Goddess of Fate Cup). I have the official piggyback guide here so feel free to ask questions.

I love the Timeless River level, seems to be the perfect level. Sure it lacks heartless but the story for that particular level is bang on! Plus the black and whiteness and old school look is really well done.

Up to POC level now and the story I think is very good so far, seems to be more deeper than the first one.