Anyone up for a battle ?

... rules? Anyone?

Edited by The Mask of Norbert

I know very little about UFC (though I do enjoy it when I watch it), but I'll give this a go anyway.

Gonna look at a few promo posters of theirs to get a good idea of where to direct this... you're on, Doc. Let's do this :)

Drew the UFC logo and name in Illustrator, because most of the images I was finding of them were too small to properly use, so I slapped it on Illustrator, traced it, and then scaled from there. Had ALOT of fun with this one... was going for a very gritty look to it, so that's why there's noise on the image (before anyone thinks it's a result of a poor .jpg quality save... because it's not :P)

UFC.jpg

Good luck Doc :)

Oh yeah, and is this first to five?

First one would be much better if Silva wasn't stretched. His image is too tall AND wide, it looks pretty poor because of that. (I appriciate it's better than I could do but hey, feedback is always welcome right?). Also, the "vs." just doesn't look right, looks like Liddlev, Silva s.

The second one is awesome! The rough/gritty look you've gone for really adds to it, the action shots really give it something more, personally, I reckon it could be up there as the real deal. The only issue would be the "Ultimate Fighting Championship" at the top, the black lettering is fine, it's the lighter bits that make it too similar to the background, seems a bit weird. Mainly just the U from "Ultimate" and the G from "Fighting", maybe worth darkening the background in those areas?

Anyways that's my 2 pennies, 2nd one has to be put as the better of the 2.

WOW! seriously Norris you've put me to shame :) great work . I've looked at it for a while now and i can't see anything wrong with it. Seriously great poster thats professionally done . Simply amazing.

first to five votes is fine for me

Well so far it's Me 2 - 0 Doc, and since it's first to five we need a few more votes... anyone?

Also, Doc, you wanna go for a few rounds? I think it might be fun, as I've not battled in awhile and doing this one's really gotten me back into the spirit for it :)

Doc

Nice layout of everything. The text is simple but it looks good. Silva looks stretched vertically. I like the gradient in the background, the way it fades to the darker colour at the bottom where the main text is. There are three negative things about this graphic IMO. The first being a big one in that it doesn't really stand out, it's a bit bland. If you could add a bit of colour or somehow make one thing stand out (be it the fighters or a certain bit of text) it would look a lot better. The second, I'm not keen on the UFC 70 logo. Something a bit more imaginative or eye-catching would definitely improve the graphic. It's the name of the event so it needs to be one of, if not the main focus. The final negative thing for me is the way the fighters' names are done. Having 'vs' in a different font or better yet a different colour would make it clearer and better positioning would make it look more professional.

Overall I'd give the graphic a 6.5/10.

Norris

I like the noise effect on the text. In fact, I like all the text including the positioning of it. The right things stand out and looks professional. The only 'off' thing about the text would be the '70' next to the UFC logo, I'm not sure what it is about it though. Perhaps it would look better italicised? The cuts aren't perfect, they could certainly do with some touching up, particularly on the left side of Tito. I'm not keen on the background in the middle of the poster, but it gets better towards the bottom, it's too white around the fighters I think. The small pictures of the guys fighting could be blended a bit better, the fade around the edges seem a bit abrupt. It definitely works all together, but the best part of the poster is the text for me.

Overall I'd give the graphic a 7.5/10.

Both are solid posters but could be better IMO. Norris edges my vote because it just stands out more and flows together better if that makes sense. Plus, I love the text.