Why I Love XBox Live

Toe

I just set up my XBOX with XBOX Live after getting my hands on a used wireless network connector. My gamertag is desiredtoe if anyone is interested.

I love XBOX Live. Not only does it give my favorite games added longevity through online play and new content, but it allows something like this to happen.

I was playing a quick ranked match in NHL 07, and wound up in a game against a kid ranked third in the world. This was my 5th game online ever. This kid picked his team based on stats and was just blabbing away, on and on about how good he is and how I, with only 4 games under my belt, was going to be steamrolled. I picked the Maple Leafs, not exactly a powerhouse in the game but they are my favorite team. As soon as we get into the game, the kid is chirping me. Every shot he takes, every hit he made. I just sat quietly, waiting for my moment. It came. He turned it over in the center of the ice, Mats Sundin gets it and blasts it into the net.

"Oh, that was garbage! What a shitty goal!"

What do I do next? Mats Sundin, top of the net. I shut this kid up, and beat his Flames 4-1. Sundin got the hat-trick, and I had a great sense of satisfaction from beating this little snot nosed kid into the ground.

I have had some great games online, even in a loss. Some of the people are really talkative, and it makes for such a good game.

High rankings in only games are not indicative of player skill. For an example, see the NHL 2007 boards at EA; a kid ranked fourth in the world against a guy ranked nowhere near that. The unranked guy locks his control on the goalie and the kid ranked fourth in the world CAN'T GET PAST THE AI IN THE NUETRAL ZONE. It's hillariously painful to watch.

High rankings in only games are not indicative of player skill. For an example, see the NHL 2007 boards at EA; a kid ranked fourth in the world against a guy ranked nowhere near that. The unranked guy locks his control on the goalie and the kid ranked fourth in the world CAN'T GET PAST THE AI IN THE NUETRAL ZONE. It's hillariously painful to watch.