The random music question thread

YI

Wanted something a little different to 'favourite riff', 'favourite lyrics' etc. Maybe something that could strike up a discussion. Melodies themselves are often underapreciated in music, it doesn't matter what the music's like, it doesn't matter what's being sung, if at the end of the day it's not beng 'presented' in an interesting manner. I'm sure we all have songs, or parts of songs that you find yourselves fast forwarding to hear. And there's definately going to be people you think write better melodies than others, so share, bitches. Here are a few examples or lines in songs, which I could listen to non-stop for minutes on end at the moment;

"Spellbound" by Stream Of Passion

The "Come closer to me and let go" bit at the end.

I know it's earlier on as well (With different lyrics), but it just wraps things up so perfectly, such a powerful voice. Simply beautiful.

"Sending Postcards From A Plane Crash" by Fall Out Boy

The bit that goes; "Conversation got me here: another night alone in the city, so"

Damn, damn, damn, it's so god damn catchy it's unbearable.

"Solitaire" by Strung Out

The line in the chorus that goes, "...from the things I do to make me feel the way I feel when I'm with you"

It's a beautiful chorus in general, but the harmony kicks in for this line and I absolutely adore it. One of the underrated, Strung Out songs.

"Couches in Alleys" by Styrofoam (ft. Ben Gibbard)

The is the first one where I say..."All of it"

It all pretty much follows the same basic formula and melody for the entire song, but it's so sweet that it never gets old. Personally I'd rank these vocals as possibly the best Gibbard has penned, both lyrically and musically.

"Go Humans" by Bad Astronaut

The ending of, "Go humans, go destroy us, go until it's gone"

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this song. But this little line is an absolute gem, at the end of a slightly 'dirgy' chorus. Gives the song a great 'upbeat' feel to finish with, which is pretty cool.

I'll just go with the songs that I seem to constantly be playing recently or I could go on forever.

The Format's "Dog Problems"

B is for believing you'd always be here for me

E is for everything, even when we'd see it though

C, C is for seeing through you, you are a fake, which brings me to...

A because, because, you always run away

My favorite favorite favorite lines right now, The Format's use of horns in this song is friggin' amazing. The different parts sound like some old styled climax music from a movie. And when it gets to this part after the high, long held part and it's just the trombone and the drum sticks clicking on the rims... wonderful.

New Found Glory's "Hold My Hand"

Do do do do do do do do, you'll never know, I'm after you.

Sometimes the simple things are so fucking brilliant, the piano syncing up with his voice rocks.

Sense's Fail's "Calling All Cars

I'm sorry but I think I failed to mention, that I lied at my very first confession.

The guitars line up with his voice so well in this song, then again in most Senses Fail songs it does.

Set Your Goal's "Dead Men Tell No Tales\Mutiny!"

[Dead Men Tell No Tales] "A pirate's life for me...." [Mutiny! starts with a sweet riff at the start] "MUTINY!"

Oh man, it gives me chills. I love it when two songs go into each other.

Underoath's "Reinventing Your Exit"

"We all wanna be, wanna be somebody. Right now, we're just looking for the exit."

Listen to it... ohh...