hip hop album cover

Guest banksboy

Guest banksboy

you seem to miss where I said, Okay, end of topic, thread close, I totally disagree, apparently to very very very positive feedback else where....

I said I disagree to the feedback, and that end of convo.....I will strive harder next time, but for right now, Dopeboy album is selling like hot cakes on the streets here, I get e-mails and ppl coming to my house wanting album covers.....And I refuse to "MASSIVELY" change my album making style, because somebody want me to be too artistic, when this is a street gutta album cover....

The feedback is like trying to tell Ron Killings not to dance and rap in the ring.......lolol, its a total cultural misconception of things, that I can't bring myself to understand, because my thoughts on a RAP graphic, differes from the ppl here's opinion lolol....

Im saying, let this die, and go criticise my CM Punk banner, because Im understanding the feedback there

EDIT: And like I said, the design is already sold to the person who suggested me to make the banner EXACTLY the way it is...I was the creator, Dopeboy and Big Pep were the ones who wanted their album cover exactly the way I made it

Edited by banksboy

as Norris stated everyone is giving you help but you're not listening . Why not post up the finished version and let us look at it , but if its anything like this one it will ned to be reworked to make a good cover.

in all honesty it looks like you might have spent maybe 15 minutes on the graphic. With a little effort it could be good.

Guest banksboy

Because no one wants to see it finished, the design itself needs to be scrapped, and a new one made entirely. What you've got, right now, is bad. The design is bad, and the look is bad. The layout doesn't work well at all. The whole thing just needs to be remade.

It IS an opinion, and opinions DO HELP when listened to. However, you apparently don't know how to draw anything from what's been said here so far, when so many other people in your situation actually could. Don't say there's nothing being offered to help, either: there is, but you can't seem to see it.

EDIT: ... crime rate is high because of low standards?

The fuck?

I know who you are, I just didn't bring it up becuase it wasn't exactly a part of the topic :P

Continuing though: the thing is I'm not trying to make you make it look more artistic, I'm trying to help you make it look better. It's one thing to have a bunch of people think it's nice in West Memphis and ask for your designs, but you can't expect to use any of that to back you up if you take this seriously. I'm saying that the design fails as a good RAP album cover-- much less one all together-- even though the people in your area do like it.

And maybe as that it succeeds on a whole, because you're pleasing your target market, I'm just giving feedback on the design, which is lackluster and falls short of what can be done for a rap cover.

Like I said, maybe they just have low standards. It's fine to play to that... but it's like copping out if you put less into a piece for people that have those low standards.

Edited by The Mask of Norbert

Guest banksboy

as Norris stated everyone is giving you help but you're not listening . Why not post up the finished version and let us look at it , but if its anything like this one it will ned to be reworked to make a good cover.

in all honesty it looks like you might have spent maybe 15 minutes on the graphic. With a little effort it could be good.

Guest banksboy

I know who you are, I just didn't bring it up becuase it wasn't exactly a part of the topic :P

Continuing though: the thing is I'm not trying to make you make it look more artistic, I'm trying to help you make it look better. It's one thing to have a bunch of people think it's nice in West Memphis and ask for your designs, but you can't expect to use any of that to back you up if you take this seriously. I'm saying that the design fails as a good RAP album cover-- much less one all together-- even though the people in your area do like it.

And maybe as that it succeeds on a whole, because you're pleasing your target market, I'm just giving feedback on the design, which is lackluster and falls short of what can be done for a rap cover.

Like I said, maybe they just have low standards. It's fine to play to that... but it's like copping out if you put less into a piece for people that have those low standards.

banksboy, I got your PM (which I don't really know why you sent me one as I wasn't really involved) and i appreciate it but I am just going to say this:

The people who become great and Graphics are those who can take all the critisism early on. And I know this argument is over but I thought I would add my 1 dollar and 50 cents

Guest banksboy

banksboy, I got your PM (which I don't really know why you sent me one as I wasn't really involved) and i appreciate it but I am just going to say this:

The people who become great and Graphics are those who can take all the critisism early on. And I know this argument is over but I thought I would add my 1 dollar and 50 cents