WWF 94

The Red Reuben

WWF94

Introduction

As a young lad, the first "live" WWF event I ever had the chance to witness was Summerslam 1994. I went to a local "Bingo Palace" with my friend, and we had a hell of a time.

Fast forward to December 12th, 2006. When I look back on that event, I have to say I was very entertained. There were some really good matches that took place (in my opinion). But 12 years later, I wondered what the WWF would have been like today ...

IF OWEN HART HAD WON THE WWF TITLE?

---

wwf.png

World Wrestling Federation Presents:

raw1.gif

raw2.png

Monday, August 30, 1994

From the United Center in Chicago, Illinois

"Owen's Time to Shine"

Segment #1 - The Champ speaks

Owen Hart's theme roars throughout the arena, as "The King of Harts" Owen Hart steps out from behind the curtain! He has the World Wrestling Federation Championship around his waist, and his arms raised in the air. Behind Owen Hart, is Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart! (After Owen escaped with the gold, he re-entered the cage to attack his brother. Davey Boy Smith who was in attendance stood up in his seat, and was attacked from behind by Neidhart. "The Anvil" entered the cage, and helped with the beatdown. As Bret's brothers and Davey Boy tried to save Bret, Owen and Neidhart escaped with the title.) Neidhart holds the ropes for Owen, and the new champion steps into the ring. He already has a microphone, and welcomes the crowd to the show. Neidhart strokes his beard, and laughs out loud, as the crowd begins to boo the duo. Owen starts to talk about the day he knew he was going to be World Champion. At Wrestlemania X, he beat his brother - fair and square - in the centre of the ring. It was supposed to be his night! But Bret stole that glory from him. He went on to defeat Yokozuna, and win the World Title. Owen looks disgusted, but the look quickly goes away. For, now Owen has the title which was rightfully his in the first place! And now, that Owen was the top dog in the World Wrestling Federation, he decides to make three announcements. First, after discussing the idea with WWF President Jack Tunney, there will be a new addition to the WWF Pay Per View Calendar. On September 24th, the first-ever "In Your House!" will be taking place! Secondly, since Davey Boy Smith decided to stick his nose where it didn't belong, he will be facing Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart in the ring! Neidhart strokes his beard some more, and gives an out of control laugh. But finally, Owen let's the Chicago crowd know of the biggest announcement of the three. Owen, being the brave and great champion he is, will defend his newly earned World Title against his brother Bret ... in his hometown of Calgary, Alberta! Owen wants to defeat Bret in their own stomping ground! Owen tells Bret to get ready, because he likes being champ, and he isn't going to drop the title to anyone.

Segment #2 - Earthquake Squashes Kwang

The first match of the night featured the foreigner Kwang taking on the big monster known as Earthquake! Kwang came out flying, trying to keep Earthquake from landing any power moves. After a few spinning heel kicks, Kwang finally made a mistake. He leaped at Earthquake, who caught him in a massive power slam. Quake landed his finish, and won this match without breaking much a sweat!

Segment #3 - Big Daddy Pissed

Backstage, "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels sneaks around, making his way to his locker room. He appears to trying to avoid someone in particular. (At Summerslam, HBK interfered in the Intercontinental Match with Razor Ramon, and accidentally cost his partner Diesel his Intercontinental Title.) As Shawn mutters to himself about how he could have screwed up, he bumps into someone. Someone huge. The camera pans up, and Diesel is looking straight into the eyes of HBK. HBK nervously smiles, and asks how his partner 'the Co-Tag Team Champion of the World' has been holding up since Razor robbed him of his title. Diesel responds with a stern look, followed by this phrase: "You better not screw up again."

Segment #4 - Start Your Engines

In the second match of the evening, we saw Bob "Sparky Plugg" Holly take on "The Model" Rick Martel! In a very competitive match-up, we saw Bob Holly execute a perfect cross-body block to gain the victory!

Segment #5 - Open Challenge for In Your House

"Bad Guy" hit the PA system, and out walked the brand new World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Champion, Razor Ramon! The crowd erupted for him, as he entered the ring. He lets everyone know that he is a fighting champion, and he will face anyone, anytime for the title. At In Your House, Razor wants to defend his title, and since there is no #1 Contender, anyone who wants the opportunity can fight for it! At that very second, "Perfect" can be heard, and out walks Mr. Perfect! He has a microphone, and is sure to let Razor know that although he may be champion now, Perfect can - and will - take the gold away!

Segment #6 - Luger Wins, But Walks Out the Loser

Lex Luger had a rough night at Summerslam, and needed to come out strong to beat Ludvig Borga. (Last night, Tatanka joined the Million Dollar Corporation and with the help of Ted Dibiase, Tatanka defeated Luger with a rollup.) Lex Luger didn't appear to be phased, as he cleanly defeated Borga with a running forearm! After the match, Luger was attacked from behind by Crush! Crush executed a "Full Nelson Bomb" on Luger, and left him unconcious on the canvas.

Segment #7 - Money Makes the World Go Round

Backstage, Ted Dibiase officially welcomes Tatanka into the greatest group in the world. Among those in attendance: Nikolai Volkoff, I.R.S., and Bam Bam Bigelow. Tatanka thanks the group for letting him in, and he says he will make them proud. Tatanka also congratulates Bam Bam Bigelow and I.R.S. for their win over the Headshrinkers last night, and wishes them good luck in the rematch tonight! Bam Bam and I.R.S. say it will be no contest defeating them again.

Segment #8 - Headshrinkers Saved By A Nose (Honk?)

This match didn't get to live up to its full potential, when Tatanka hit the ring and helped Bam Bam and I.R.S. administer a beatdown on the Headshrinkers. Dibiase and Volkoff kept Afa and Albano at bay. Suddenly, from the back came ... Doink the Clown! He stepped into the ring, tapped Tatanka on the shoulder, and sprayed him with his "water flower"! Stunned, Tatanka fell to the mat from a Doink the Clown clothesline! The Corporation escaped the ring, and Doink helped the Headshrinkers up. How often is it that you see Doink the Clown clear the ring?

Segment #9 - The Duo At A Disadvantage

In perhaps the bizarrest match of the evening, The Undertaker wrestled the tag team of Well Dunn in a handicap match! The real question, was who was the one with the disadvantage? Timothy Well and Steven Dunn did everything they could against The Undertaker, but they didn't get anything going. Undertaker won handily, and quickly.

Segment #10 - The Announcer Steps Into the Ring

Randy Savage stepped from out behind the desk, and told Vince McMahon he was going to begin his quest to reclaim his world title tonight. Vince asked who Randy was facing, and Savage admitted he didn't know. At that moment, the music of Yokozuna was heard, and suddenly Savage did not look too happy. Yokozuna was back in the WWF, and he was ready to fight. In a one-sided matchup, Randy Savage was not mentally prepared for such a challenge, and it showed. Yokozuna delivered a Banzai Drop, and won the match. Savage would have to do better than that to try and get a shot at the title.

Segment #11 - Bret & The Bulldog Reign Supreme

In the main event of the evening, Bret "The Hitman" Hart and the British Bulldog teamed up to take on the Quebecers. Bret seemed very determined to make up for his loss the night before, and remained in control most of the matchup. When the British Bulldog was in the ring, he did look a little rusty since he had not been in the federation in quite some time. After Pierre tapped out to the Sharpshooter, the two men attempted to celebrate for the fans. However, "The King of Harts" Owen Hart and "The Anvil" Jim Neidhart ambushed the ring. Neidhart went for Bulldog, and Owen went for Bret. Bulldog countered the assault, and launches Anvil over the top rope to the floor! Bret grabbed Owen by the hair, and did the same thing! Bret's music hit, while him and the Bulldog celebrated for the crowd. Owen and Neidhart did not look pleased, as Raw went off the air!

---

(Keep in mind this show was done merely for a little bit of backstory. There are no stats, as it did not take place within EWR.)

---

superstars.png

Satuday, September 3, 1994

After what took place on Monday Night Raw ...

Bret "The Hitman" Hart and The British Bulldog challenge "The King of Harts" Owen Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart to a tag match!

"Macho Man" Randy Savage gets his rematch with Yokozuna!

Lex Luger challenges Crush to a match!

Doink teams up with the Headshrinkers to take on The Corporation!

Razor Ramon takes on Jeff Jarrett in a non-title match!

Major news regarding the WWF Tag Team Titles at In Your House!

---

Writer Notes:

I can't wait to see how this turns out. It's my first diary, so let's see how it goes.

Edited by Carparama

Rumours from WWF.com

Luger in the hot seat?

The reason Lex Luger is beginning a program with Crush as opposed to continuing his feud with Tatanka, is because Luger does not believe the Native American is in his league. Backstage, Vince McMahon ripped a hole in Lex, who does not appear to care. Luger has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way since Wrestlemania where he was told he would not be winning the championship. If his attitude doesn't improve, he may find himself out of the Federation.

New signings

World Wrestling Federation is proud to announce the signings of Fit Finlay, Christian Cage and Lance Storm. It is unclear to when they will debut, but there are high hopes for these superstars.

Edited by Carparama

Guest Preston

im interested too, as this would have been a big title change if it'd happened. perhaps we'll see owen vs. hbk as the big feud of the mid-90's? good idea, and i like the way you do your results, its a nice brief read.

Egad, I hope you guys enjoy the way I'm doing my results right now. Owen and HBK? We'll see how things go.

Oh, and so that this post isn't just two lines, here are some rumours for you:

Rumours from wwf.png.com

Mr. Perfect Injured

Disbelief backstage, as Mr. Perfect gets injured as soon as he begins a program with Razor Ramon. He had fallen backstage, and broke his leg. He will be out 7 months. Due to the fact WWF wants Mr. Perfect onscreen, he will be replacing Randy Savage at the announce tables.

Gorilla Monsoon signs with WCW!

Vince McMahon was originally going to bring Gorilla back to the WWF as their flagship announcer, but Gorilla signed with WCW before any negotiations could take place. WWF wishes Gorilla the best of luck.

superstars.png

Saturday, September 3, 1994

"Family Feud"

A New Colour Commentator

The show opened up, with a wide variety of fireworks. The cameras pan the large WWF audience in attendance, and catch various signs of "You know what isn't perfect? His timing." for example. The official music for Superstars echoes through the stadium, but eventually the camera sits directly in front of Announcer, Vince McMahon, and Colour Commentator, Mr. Perfect!

(McMahon)

"Welcome everyone, to Saturday Night Superstars! What a show we have lined up tonight."

(Perfect)

"I'll tell you what, McMahon. Razor got really lucky yesterday when I injured my leg. I was going to win that title."

(McMahon)

"For now, we'll never know. But welcome to the announce team!"

(Perfect)

"Formalities aside, let's go to ringside. We have two rookies going head to head."

Lance Storm VS Christian Cage

Both superstars were debuting tonight, and Lance Storm looked all business. Christian Cage was very obnoxious to the crowd, and got some cheat heat because of it. Many high spots were taken, and eventually, it came down to quick 'Storm Kick', followed by a 'Half Crab'. Cage tapped out, and Lance Storm won the match!

Overall Rating: 72%

Crowd Reaction: 45%

Match Quality: 100%

(McMahon)

"What an amazing match! I see big things in the future for those two."

(Perfect)

"On the contrary. I bet we never see those two losers again."

Jack Tunney's BIG Announcement

President Jack Tunney walked down the aisle, and received a medicore reception from the crowd.

(Tunney:)

"Thank you, very much. It is with great pleasure to announce that on September 18th, 2006, the WWF will be debuting a new Pay Per View entitled 'In Your House!'. However, I know our World Champion announced that on Monday. Tonight, I bring details of a Tag Team Tournament. Eight teams will face-off against each other over the coming weeks, to determine who wrestles Shawn Michaels and Diesel at 'In Your House!'. The matches will start on Monday, and will be announced on WWF.com prior to each event. Thank you again, and may the best team win."

Tunney hands the microphone back to Howard Finkel, and heads to the back.

Overall Rating: 66%

(McMahon)

"What an announcement! The tag titles, to be defended at 'In Your House!' What do you think, Perfect?"

(Perfect)

"Of course the titles are going to be defended at a Pay Per View. It's a travesty Michaels won't know who his opponents are."

(McMahon)

"Are you forgetting Diesel?"

(Perfect)

"Shawn Michaels is the only one who matters in that team."

Doink/HeadShrinkers VS The Corporation

Two feuds mixed into one, right here. Fatu/Samu really got over with the crowd considering their heel past, and The Corporation cheated as much as possible to try and win this match. DiBiase would hook the legs of the good guys when they bounced off the ropes just to throw them off balance. The finish took place after Doink got the upper hand of Tatanka. Nikolai Volkoff leaped on the apron with a chair. Tatanka attempted to throw Doink to Nikolai, but Doink reversed and crashed into his partner! Doink rolled up Tatanka, and got the win for his team!

Overall Rating: 62%

Crowd Reaction: 61%

Match Quality: 63%

(McMahon)

"Can you believe it? The Corporation loses due to their cheating! Serves them right."

(Perfect)

"Doink cheated! Nikolai was just getting a better seat in the house, and Doink took advantage. Hardly fair in the least."

Lex Luger in the Ring

"Born in the USA" hits the PA System, and out walks "Made in the USA" Lex Luger!

(Lex Luger)

"Last week, I had a match with Ludvig Borga. I fought fair and square, and I beat him. I wasn't on my A-game thanks to Tatanka's actions at Summerslam, but I won't make excuses. Crush, what were you doing? I demand you come out here right now."

Crush's music hit, and Crush appeared on the titantron.

(Crush)

"You want to know what I was doing? Lex, you stand for everything I hate. You preach 'good'. You preach 'hope'. You give these idiots who sit in the stands belief that they are worth something. Lex, I learned hope can get you nowhere. And when I'm done with you, you will learn it too."

(Lex Luger)

"These fans are the best fans in the world. Crush, you attack them, you attack me. When you attacked me last week, you made a statement. Well, now it's my turn. At 'In Your House!', you and I going one on one. You can attack me anytime you want, Crush. But you leave our WWF fans out of this!"

Crush begins to laugh, and the screen turns to static. Lex Luger's music hits, and he leaves the ring. He apologizes to some of the kids in the crowd, and high-fives many of them.

Overall Rating: 75%

(McMahon)

"What a fantastic role model. We can really look up to him."

(Perfect)

"Everybody in the world knows Lex just wanted a high-profile match at the newest Pay Per View. When he beat Borga, it must have been his first win in a few years!"

Razor Ramon VS ... The Roadie?

"With My Baby Tonight" begins to play over the speaker system, and out walks Jeff Jarrett and The Roadie. Jarrett is holding a microphone, but does not speak. Razor's music hits, and the crowd explodes! He walks out, and enters the ring.

(Jarrett)

"Woah, Bad Guy. Hang on a second. I know Mr. Perfect accepted your challenge on Raw, but in case you didn't hear, he broke his leg. He's out for good. Since the match at 'In Your House!' is no more, I take the opportunity now to take his place. So I need to rest. And tonight, you face ... The Roadie!"

The Roadie seems surprised by Jeff's words, while Razor doesn't seem to care. Roadie gets some minor offense in, but Razor Ramon gets the upperhand. He sets Roadie up for the Razor's Edge, and gets the three count! After the match, as Razor prepares to leave the ring, Jarrett grabs a chair, and busts Razor open. Razor loses his balance, falls through the ropes, and hits the outside floor.

Overall Rating: 77%

Crowd Reaction: 74%

Match Quality: 80%

(McMahon)

"What a sick stunt by Jeff Jarrett!"

(Perfect)

"I know! To say I'm out for good? Jeff, when you win at 'In Your House!', I'll show you who is out for good."

(McMahon)

"Don't count out Razor Ramon, Perfect!"

Diesel/HBK Interview

"Sexy Boy" begins on the PA System, and outwalks the Heartbreak Kid with his bodyguard Diesel."

(HBK)

"I know what you are all thinking. I cost Diesel the Intecontinental Title at Summerslam. You know what? You're right. It was an accident, but it happened. The big man and myself ... we're good. We're on the same page. At 'In Your House!', we will retain our titles against whoever wins this meaningless tournament. We're good. I'm good. I'm fantastic. We..."

At this point, Diesel grabs the microphone, and throws it outside the ring. Shawn looks stunned, and Diesel mouths the words 'That's enough.' They leave the ring, with Michaels looking a little worried.

Overall Rating: 83%

(McMahon)

"Diesel hasn't gotten over the fact Shawn Michaels cost him the gold!"

(Perfect)

"All I'm going to say, is Diesel better be on his best behaviour. If he costs Michaels the belt, he is in for some serious trouble."

(McMahon)

"Are you threatening him, Perfect?"

(Perfect)

"N-No. Why would I do that? He seems like a good guy."

Randy Savage VS Yokozuna

On Raw, Randy Savage was not prepared for a match with Yokozuna, and got completely embarrassed. This time, he knew what was coming. Savage's ribs were taped up, and Yoko worked on them throughout the match. During the match, Savage came off the ropes and caught Yokozuna offguard with a massive dropkick! Yokozuna fell through the ropes, and hit the outside! Savage leaped off the top turnbuckle, and executed a near-perfect elbow drop! As Mr. Fuji tried to revive his man, Randy Savage celebrated in the ring; he won by countout! Savage high-fived some of the fans, and headed to the back. When Yokozuna woke up, he did not look pleased. Fuji told him the referee counted him out, and Yokozuna slowly entered the ring. Before the referee could escape, Yoko hit him with a belly-to-belly suplex, followed by a huge Banzai Drop. The referee was carried out in a stretcher.

Overall Rating: 94%

Crowd Reaction: 100%

Match Quality: 82%

(McMahon)

"Savage wins, but Yokozuna went too far. He is going to get fined for this, for sure."

(Perfect)

"That referee had no right to count him out. It wasn't ten second. It was a fast count."

(McMahon)

"Regardless, the crowd loved the match, and so did I. Here is hoping we get to see them fight again!"

Bret Hart/British Bulldog VS Owen Hart/Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

Bret 'The Hitman' Hart came out after 'The British Bulldog' and received huge cheers from the crowd. They shook hands in the ring, and waited for Owen and Neidhart to come out. Owen's music hit, but nobody came out. From the crowd came Owen and Neidhart, and they beatdown the good guys. A somewhat solid match ensued, with Bret and Owen pulling some amazing stunts. Bulldog knocked Jim down with some really stiff clotheslines. The end of the match came about when Owen reversed the 'Running Powerslam', and hooked the tights. Neidhart knocked Bret off the apron, and Owen got the three count. Before Bret or the Bulldog could retaliate, Owen and Jim celebrated, and left the ring.

Overall Rating: 81%

Crowd Reaction: 85%

Match Quality: 72%

(McMahon)

"What a main event! Owen had to cheat to win, and everybody here knows it."

(Perfect)

"Stop raining on Owen's parade. He is the greatest World Champion we've had in years!"

(McMahon)

"Anyway, thank you for tuning in to Saturday Night Superstars, and don't miss Monday Night Raw! On behalf of Mr. Perfect, I'm Vince McMahon. Good night everybody!"

Show Overall: 76%

Show Rating: 5.12

---

PROS:

Lance Storm and Christian Cage got the show started with a fantastic match!

Mr. Perfect was excellent at the announce table.

Randy Savage and Yokozuna stole the show.

CONS:

British Bulldog looked very rusty, and appeared to be too stiff for Neidhart's liking.

Edited by Carparama

Different to the norm yet easy to read. I actually like the layout of this thing and the whole Vince McMahon/Perfect work you did was pretty good.

Damn Jeff Jarrett's sick stunt. I'm intruiged about the Cage/Storm debut....would be suprised to see Cage be on WWE as I think around the time, he would be just finishing up like his first year of professional wrestling. Despite this, the diary is looking solid and i will definately keeping an eye on this...

I will return :P

Appreciate the feedback.

Yeah, I knew by adding some people who were not in WWE yet, it may not go over with some readers. Hopefully it doesn't turn you guys off the product.

Oh, and as always, some rumours!

Rumours from wwf.png.com

Superstars moves into prime time!

USA Network was extremely pleased with the show that was put on, they offered to move the show into prime time!

Ladies Division not to be neglected

With today's signing of young Amy Dumas, the WWF's Women's division now has four capable superstars. Alundra Blayze appears to be happy to be able to get back on television.

Tag Team Division Tournament

For those curious, the eight teams competing in the tournament are:

The Headshrinkers

The Steiner Brothers

Men on a Mission

The Smoking Gunns

The Quebecers

Well Dunn

The Bushwhackers

The Corporation (Bam Bam Bigelow & IRS)

Edited by Carparama

I never reply to diaries, I normally just read them, But this one is just starting and has potential, I sort of like Cage and Storm debuting, I probally would have signed Jericho and Edge and had all 4 men be Owen's new Hart foundation, Maybe even Test as the muscle/bodyuard who seldom wrestles but is always at ringside.

raw.png

Monday, September 5, 1994

"Owen Grants A Shot"

Tag Team Schedule

Fireworks fill the arena, and the crowd gets on their feet! The camera pans the crowd to find several signs praising Bret Hart, Lex Luger and Razor Ramon. The camera eventually makes its way over to the announce table. As always, Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect are calling the action!

(McMahon)

"Welcome everyone, to Monday Night Raw! It's going to be a great show."

(Perfect)

"It's going to be a show, anyway. It's too bad I'm not wrestling."

(McMahon)

"But I'll tell you who is wrestling. Tonight, The Headshrinkers try to advance in the tournament against the Steiners, while The Quebecers will battle The Bushwhackers!"

(Perfect)

"I guess they're saving the good tag matches for Saturday?"

(McMahon)

"Never you mind. But right now, let's go to ringside!"

The Bushwhackers VS The Quebecers

Worst show of the year by far. There were no selling points in this match, except the fans loved the Bushwhackers. When Pierre grabbed the tights and got the pinfall, there were a large chorus of boos. After the match, the Quebecers attacked the Bushwhackers to get under the skin of everyone in attendance.

Overall Rating: 56%

Crowd Reaction: 70%

Match Quality: 25%

(McMahon)

"What a match that was spoiled by the finish at the end. Despicable."

(Perfect)

"Are you serious?"

(McMahon)

"... I'm getting word something happened backstage."

Anvil Attacks Bulldog Backstage.

As the cameras get backstage, the British Bulldog is laying out cold on the cement floor. EMTs and trainers are trying to figure out what happened. In the distance, you can hear the mind-numbing sound of Jim Neidhart laughing. As the camera zooms in on the background, there is Jim stroking his beard. He his elated for what he has done.

(McMahon)

"What a cheap attack on Davey Boy! Jim is going to get it at "In Your House!"

(Perfect)

"Owen knows how to pick his in-laws. He took the winner, while Bret got stuck with the leftovers."

(McMahon)

"Speaking of Bret and Owen Hart, don't forget to order "In Your House" so you get to see them fight it out again for the WWF World Title."

(Perfect)

"Owen will retain the belt. He's on a roll. I have no doubt."

The Steiners VS The Headshrinkers

Two fan-favourite teams go head-to-head in a match the crowd was ready for. Who would face the Quebecers in the second round? All four men put on a great match, with Rick Steiner hitting a wide-variety of suplexes. Nobody had the upper hand, until IRS was seen from the crowd. He had his silver briefcase. He jumps on the apron, and busts open Scott Steiner's forehead! He swung a little too hard! The referee sees this, and disqualifies The Headshrinkers! Afa and Albano are furious! From behind, Rick turns around and gets caught with a shot as well. Bam Bam Bigelow enters the ring as well, and attacks the Headshrinkers. IRS joins in the assault, and they leave all four men out cold in the ring.

Overall Rating: 70%

Crowd Reaction: 69%

Match Quality: 71%

(McMahon)

"The Steiners move on, but not in the fashion they would have liked."

(Perfect)

"Winning is winning, McMahon. DiBiase must be proud of his boys."

(McMahon)

"The Quebecers will take on Rick and Scott Steiner next week on Raw. It's going to be a great match-up!"

(Perfect)

"Are you sure, McMahon? The Bushwhackers had me on the edge of my seat."

Chris Jericho VS Diesel

Relative newcomer Chris Jericho had a big task in facing off against Diesel. This would be Diesel's first match since Summerslam, when HBK cost him the title. Chris Jericho started the match off with a very stiff chop, and attempted to keep Diesel on the mat. Jericho was executing move after move, but Diesel got the upper hand and never looked back. When Chris Jericho was tossed to the outside, Shawn Michaels delivered a Super Kick to him! HBK rolled Jericho into the ring, and Diesel did not look thrilled. He put one foot on Jericho's chest, and he got the three count! Shawn rolled into the ring, and started to celebrate. Diesel kicked him in the stomach, and gave him a Jackknife! Diesel signalled for a microphone.

(Diesel)

"I do not need your help to win matches. I will not cheat to beat some young guy, who is trying to make a name for himself. Remember that, Shawn."

Overall Rating: 75%

Crowd Reaction: 68%

Match Quality: 83%

(Perfect)

"What an idiot! He attacked his own partner!"

(McMahon)

"Shawn drove Diesel over the edge. The question is, what will happen to the tag titles?"

(Perfect)

"Shawn will not want to lose them. Diesel better keep that in mind."

(Doink VS Ludvig Borga)

Ludvig Borga was on a bit of a losing streak, and wanted to end it this week. He used a variety of power moves, to keep Doink down. However, Doink reversed a powerslam attempt into a reverse DDT. When he went to the top rope for the Whoopie Cushion, Tatanka came out of nowhere, and pushed Doink off the top rope. Doink landed awkwardly on his shoulder, and appeared to be hurt. (After the show, it was found Doink was okay, and was selling the move very well. Great job on his part.) Ludvig Borga placed Doink in the Torture Rack, and he had to tapout. After Borga celebrated, Tatanka went into the ring, and worked over Doink's shoulder. He lifted Doink up, and dropped him with a Fallaway Slam. He locked on an arm bar as well, but referees came to break the two men up before things could get out of control.

Overall Rating: 67%

Crowd Reaction: 72%

Match Quality: 57%

(McMahon)

"Doink had that match won! Borga was out!"

(Perfect)

"Haha! That was hilarious! Doink is a great clown."

(McMahon)

"Tatanka had better be careful. I don't think we'd want to see Doink when he is angry."

(Perfect)

"I take it back. You're the greatest clown on the roster, Vince. Haha!"

Yokozuna gets revenge.

Before the next match, "Macho Man" Randy Savage's music hits the PA system, and out walks the man himself! He makes his way over to the announce table.

(McMahon)

"Randy! What a pleasure!"

(Savage)

"It's good to be back at the table, yeah. Perfect, you have to keep up with Vince!"

(Perfect)

"Take that back. I'm the best announcer in the world."

(McMahon)

"Also, congratulations on your victory against Yokozuna on Superstars!"

(Savage)

"When I'm prepared, nobody in ..."

On that note, Yokozuna and Mr. Fuji attacked Randy Savage. Mr. Fuji started things off by breaking a Japanese flag over Randy's back. Yokozuna locked in some submission move, driving his fingers into the neck of Savage. Vince screamed for them to quit it, while Mr. Perfect looked on with smiles. Yokozuna bodyslammed Savage to the floor, and delivered a mini-Banzai drop. After the attack, Yokozuna and Mr. Fuji left Savage down and out.

(McMahon)

"Somebody get some help!"

(Perfect)

"He might as well be dead."

Overall Rating: 86%

Owen mentions the shot he is giving a lucky superstar tonight.

After Randy Savage is removed from the area in a stretcher for the second time this month, Owen Hart appears on the titantron.

(Owen)

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am glad to have your attention. As many of you read on WWF.com, I have issued an open challenge tonight for my World Title."

At this time, "WE WANT BRET" begins to be chanted throughout the arena.

(Owen)

"No, it isn't Bret. Tonight, I take on an upandcoming superstar who has a lot of potential. You all will find out at the end of the night."

Overall Rating: 87%

(McMahon)

"It said on WWF.com that Bret accepted the challenge!"

(Perfect)

"First come, first served. Someone must have gotten to him first!"

1-2-3 Kid VS Crush

1-2-3 Kid came out energetic, and wanting to put on a great match for everyone in attendance. Crush on the other hand, wanted to prove a point. 1-2-3 mounted some offense, but Crush would have nothing to do with it. Crush ducked a body press attempt, and caught the Kid with a big boot. Midway through the match, he asked for a microphone.

(Crush)

"You see this underdog? You see him? For anybody out there who thinks they can be like the 1-2-3 Kid, you can. You can be a LOSER."

Not exactly the most thrilling bit of words ever, but it did the job. Crush threw the microphone to the outside, and signalled for the Full Nelson Bomb. He dropped the Kid to the canvas hard, and got the 3 count. After the match, Crush executed another Full Nelson Bomb, and started to stomp on The Kid.

Overall Rating: 80%

Crowd Reaction: 77%

Match Quality: 83%

(McMahon)

"How can Crush be such a mean guy? Children look up to the 1-2-3 Kid!"

(Perfect)

"First of all, kids should look up to me. I'm perfect. And Crush has a point. A lot of those kids are going to grow up to become nothings."

(McMahon)

"They can become anything they want to be. Even professional wrestlers!"

Lex attacks Crush backstage

On the titantron, Crush walks backstage satisfied with himself. Out of nowhere, Lex Luger comes flying at Crush with a huge forearm smash! Crush hits the ground hard, and tries to battle back. Lex screams at him for trying to end some innocent dreams, and how he will make Crush pay at "In Your House!" Crush barely escapes in tact, after the referees break the two men up.

(McMahon)

"A true hero, is Lex Luger!"

(Perfect)

"Whatever. What a glory hog."

Razor Ramon VS Jeff Jarrett

In what was easily the best match the WWF has produced since Summerslam, Razor Ramon and Jeff Jarrett blew the roof of the arena. The Roadie interfered early, but Razor brought him down with a hard shot to the skull. The Roadie was down and out, and would not be a factor in the match! Jeff Jarrett looked underclassed by Razor, and Razor was pumped. Everytime Jarrett got the upper hand, Razor quickly countered. After Razor signalled for the Razor's Edge, Jarrett poked him in the eyes, and exited the ring. He waved Razor off, helped the Roadie up, and left the ring! The fans erupted into a loud chant of "Coward", and Jarrett took off backstage. Razor stayed in the ring, and had a big smile on his face. Jarrett knew he couldn't beat Razor on this evening.

Overall Rating: 96%

Crowd Reaction: 93%

Match Quality: 99%

(McMahon)

"What a great match! It's too bad Jarrett left before he was pinned."

(Perfect)

"Jeff is a genius. He knew this was a non-title match. He'll bring his A-game for "In Your House". And after he wins that title, I'm going to take it from him."

(McMahon)

"It's time for the main event!"

Owen Hart's "Open Challenge"

Owen Hart stood in the ring, and did his best to look afraid. Suddenly, some generic rock music was heard and out walked ... Virgil? Owen began to laugh, and the crowd did not oblige him. They booed hard the entire match, while Owen completely dismantled him. Virgil did land one big dropkick in the middle of the match which earned him some fan support, but at the end, Owen could not be beat. He locked in the Sharpshooter, and Virgil tapped out fast. As soon as the bell rang, Bret "The Hitman" Hart came sprinting from backstage. He slid into the ring, and starting sharing fists back and forth! Bret knocked Owen down, and the crowd exploded! Owen rolled out of the ring, and had had enough. Bret celebrated in the ring, as Vince and Perfect's commentary ended the evening.

Overall Rating: 56%

Crowd Reaction: 56%

Match Quality: 57%

(McMahon)

"Bret is ready for Owen now! But Virgil? I've got as much respect for Virgil as anyone, but he didn't have a chance."

(Perfect)

"Owen is a smart man. Why work up a sweat when he has a huge title defense in two weeks?"

(McMahon)

"That's right. "In Your House" is two weeks away, and there are some big matches already announced. But for now, we bid you farewell. For Mr. Perfect, I'm Vince McMahon. Thank you for watching Monday Night Raw!"

Show Overall: 73%

Show Rating: 5.86

---

PROS:

Razor Ramon and Jeff Jarrett stole the show tonight.

Chris Jericho had a successful debut with Diesel.

Very pleased with Crush's match with 1-2-3 Kid.

Randy Savage and Yokozuna are doing much better than we figured they would.

CONS:

The Bushwhackers ruined the match with the Quebecers.

Storyline-wise, Owen's match with Virgil was great, and the attack afterward. But tha fans were burnt out due to the match before.

Also, having Virgil battle Owen for the World Title was not a good idea. The title lost image. A lesson learned.

Edited by Carparama

News from WWF.com

Management Angry with Bushwhackers

The Bushwhackers received a lot of heat backstage for their unwilling to help get the Quebecers over for the tag team tournament. It is very unlikely they will be seen on WWF programming in the near future.

Another Solid Debut

Chris Jericho debuted last night on Monday Night Raw, and astounded everyone with his ability. There are rumours of a Lance Storm/Chris Jericho team-up. Could the Thrillseekers be making an appearance sometime soon?

Management Pleased With Progress

With the first-ever "In Your House!" two weeks away, management is pleased with the card so far.

Owen Hart will be defending his title for the first time against his brother Bret Hart,

Razor Ramon will be defending the Intercontinental Title against Jeff Jarrett,

Lex Luger will take on Crush,

Diesel/HBK will be defending the tag titles against the winning team in the tag team tournament,

and British Bulldog will be facing Jim Neidhart.

More matches to be announced in the coming weeks.

superstars.png

Preview for Saturday, September 10, 1994

The tag team tournament continues this week when Men on a Mission take on the Corporation, and the Smoking Gunns take on Well Dunn!

Fit Finlay will make his highly anticipated debut!

Alundra Blayze defends the Women's Title against a new Amy Dumas!

We receive an update on Davey Boy Smith regarding the attack by Jim Neidhart!

In the main event, The Undertaker will take on Yokozuna!

Edited by Carparama

superstars.png

Saturday, September 10, 1994

"Absolute Chaos"

After Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect welcomed everybody to the latest edition of Superstars, the show got right underway. On Monday Night Raw, both the Quebecers and the Steiner Brothers qualified to the next round of the tag team tournament. On Superstars, there would be the final "qualifying matches" to see who moved on to the next round. First off, The Smoking Gunns defeated Well Dunn in a match most will be trying to forget. After the Bushwhackers debacle on Raw, one would assume these two teams could do better. Unfortunately, they did not. (49/50/60)

Immediately after the match, footage of a recent interview with the British Bulldog took place at Bret Hart's home in Calgary, Alberta. The Bulldog told everyone how sorry he was that he had to miss tonight's show. Despite Neidhart's best efforts to keep Davey Boy out of action, the Bulldog will be back for Monday Night Raw! He had taken the percaution to ensure he was not injured, and it turns out he wasn't! (75%)

The debut of the "Thrillseekers" in the World Wrestling Federation took place next with Lance Storm and Chris Jericho teaming up to battle the Quebecers. Jacque and Pierre wanted to get a warm-up match in tonight to be ready for Monday Night Raw. Storm and Jericho worked over the Quebecers with wide-variety of high-flying moves, but Pierre won the match for his team by grabbing a handful of Jericho's tights. Quality-wise, this was the best tag team match of the year so far. Why weren't the Thrillseekers in the tag title tournament? (72/65/96)

In another dud match-up, Alundra Blayze defended her Women's Title against Amy Dumas. Dumas debuted some moves the WWF has never seen a women do before (moonsault/flying head scissors) to perfection, but it wasn't enough to win over the crowd. After an absolutely dead crowd refused to give these two workers a chance, the match ended after Blayze caught Amy with a Blayze Kick, and hooked the leg for the three count. They shook hands after the match, but nothing could be salvaged. (45/41/62)

Backstage, Diesel was caught talking to some WWF staff members, when Shawn Michaels came up to him steamed. He yelled at Diesel, and told him how he owed everything he had received thanks to The Heartbreak Kid. Shawn brought up the tag match at "In Your House!" and told Diesel that he better apologize for what he did on Raw. Otherwise, Shawn may not want to tag with Diesel anymore. Diesel looked right into Shawn's eye and said "No." Shawn looked confused, and stormed off. He had thought Diesel would cave, but it doesn't appear that Diesel seems like "a caving" kind of person. Were those a few cheers from the crowd we heard for Diesel? (90%)

It was time for another debut within the WWF, as Fit Finlay made his way out to the ring. He looked to be all business, and the crowd did not respond well to him. Bob "Sparky Plugg" Holly hit the ring next and the match was underway. Fit Finlay was brutal to Bob Holly on the mat, and had him stretched out. Holly tried to make a big comeback, but once Finlay executed his Celtic Cross, that was all she wrote for Bob Holly. It was a very solid debut for Fit Finlay. (56/50/77)

The last "qualifying match" of the tag team tournament was next, and featured Men on a Mission taking on The Corporation, with the winner taking on the Smoking Gunns on Raw! Midway through this match, Samu and Fatu appeared on the scene, but did not interfere. They stood on the outside trying to intimidate IRS and Bam Bam Bigelow, but due to a huge mistake by Mo, Bigelow was able to get the pinfall. Immediately following the match, the Headshrinkers hit the ring, and the two teams had to be broken up by referees. Nikolai Volkoff seemed reluctant to get into the ring, and Dibiase was livid. Had Volkoff made a huge mistake by not helping his teammates get the upper hand? (58/66/65)

In a match many thought should deliver, Razor Ramon teamed up with Lex Luger to take on Crush and Jeff Jarrett.The crowd was firmly behind Ramon and Luger, while Jarrett/Crush shared the brunt of the boos. Whenever Razor and Jeff were in the ring, the crowd was alive, but Luger seemed to kill a lot of momentum. In the end, Luger caught Jarrett with his Bionic Forearm, and got the three count. After the match, he was attacked by Crush, who was fought off by Razor. Luger and Razor shook hands in the middle of the ring, while Jarrett and Crush argued on the way to the back. (64/74/68)

Backstage, Bret Hart was interviewed by Todd Pettengill. Bret talked about how he accepted the challenge, but Owen did not want to fight him. Owen may claim to be a genius, but he is a coward. Bret is sorry he let Owen escape the cage, but he will remedy the problem at "In Your House!" when he takes his title back. Bret tells Owen to keep running, because he cannot hide. At "In Your House", Owen will be all his! (83%)

In the ring stood a former tag team champion in "The Model" Rick Martel. He hadn't been seen in a while, but he still played to the crowd as he always had. He had his bottle of Arrogance, and was spraying it everywhere. Doink the Clown's music hit, and we had our second last match of the evening. In a classic match between the two, Doink would put Martel to the mat, and launch himself off the top rope with a Whoopie Cushion! He hooked the leg, and got the three. Before he could celebrate, Tatanka flew into the ring with a chair, and took Doink's head off. Doink's head split open, which is not something usually seen on WWF television. Tatanka hit Doink again when he was down, and left the ring. For two straight shows, Tatanka has gotten revenge on Doink, and this week, it resulted in a lot of "Clown Blood." (54/62/62)

In the main event this week, The Undertaker was back in action to take on the mastadon Yokozuna! This was a rematch from the Royal Rumble earlier in the year, when Yokozuna was victorious. The fans seemed excited about this possible matchup, as they were really into it. At one point, Mr. Fuji had thrown salt into the eyes of the Undertaker, and Yokozuna looked to take advantage. From the back came the "Macho Man" Randy Savage came to save the Deadman. (Did he really need the help?) Savage knocked Fuji down, and he would knock Yoko out of the ring to end the show on a good note! (81/90/92)

Overall Show Rating: 67%

raw.png

Monday Night Raw Preview

September 12, 1994

The semi-finals of the tag team tournament take place with The Steiners taking on The Quebecers, and The Smoking Gunns against the Corporation!

Razor Ramon takes on Jeff Jarrett in a non-title match!

Bret "The Hitman" Hart will take on the WWF Champion "King of Harts" Owen Hart in a non-title match!

News from wwf.png.com

The Quebecers Show Seniority

Last night's match with the Thrillseekers were supposed to be the start of a mini-push for the young stars, but the Quebecers refused to put them over. The Quebecers were originally slated to go to the finals of the tournament. How will this event affect the outcome of the tournament?

Women's Title

Management stated the Women's Division would be given a chance, but after the abysmal match last night, it's fair to assume nothing will happen until after "In Your House!". WWF will be looking to add more depth into the division to see what can be done.

Edited by Carparama

• 2 weeks later...

raw.png

Monday, September 12, 1994

"Savage Makes a Challenge"

Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect start off Monday Night Raw with a recap of Superstars. With only two shows remaining until In Your House!, it will be interesting to see how things turn out. The first match of the night featured The Thrillseekers, a team of Chris Jericho and Lance Storm, taking on a team of Adam Bomb and Christian Cage. Christian Cage was only brought in to the WWF at this time as a favour to someone backstage, and this was scheduled to his last match in the federation. However, every match he has competed in, he has been absolutely amazing, and this bout was no different. Lance Storm, Chris Jericho are quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with, and as mentioned earlier, Christian Cage did very well. Adam Bomb was a little sluggish in the ring, but it was a conflict of styles more than anything. Adam Bomb did the job, and Lance Storm won the match by catching Storm with a Storm Kick.

Backstage, "Macho Man" Randy Savage was on the microphone. He told everyone how Yokozuna cheated in the match he had with The Undertaker last week. Savage mocked Yokozuna, asking if he really needed Mr. Fuji's help to win his matches? Randy Savage tells Yokozuna to bring Mr. Fuji to Calgary, as well as the whole Japanese army ... for Randy Savage and Yokozuna were going to rumble at In Your House! The crowd exploded at the thought of a one on one encounter between these two men at In Your House!.

In the ring, Doink the Clown took on a member of the Corporation, in Nikolai Volkoff. The russian had not seen much action in recent weeks, and showed he wished to be on television more often. He came out on the offensive, and did not look half-bad. Doink was obviously the better worker, yet he had trouble carrying Nikolai to a great match. Doink the Clown won the match after a Whoopie Cushion in a very mediocre match, but it accomplished what it was supposed to. Doink was willing to go through every Corporation member to get at Tatanka. The question is, how long until he did?

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart showed up backstage, and he was his usual giddy self. He brought up the fact that the British Bulldog is done. Neidhart took him out! If Davey Boy still wishes to have his head handed to him at In Your House!, he didn't mind! Jim stroked his beard, while claiming that Davey Boy was in trouble. The crowd gave Neidhart a lot more heat than expected.

The first of two semi-final matches commensed next with The Steiner Brothers taking on the Quebecers. In a very interesting fight, it should be noted that the Steiners were cheered like Gods tonight. Compared to weeks past, the fans seemed really into this tag team! As noted on WWF.com, The Quebecers were originally scheduled to win this tournament, but the plans changed tonight. Whether it had to do with refusing to lose to the Thrillseekers, or how over the Steiners were tonight, The Quebecers lost after Rick caught Pierre with a huge shoulder-tackle! The crowd exploded after the impact, sensing it was over! The Steiners were in the finals, and would compete for the #1 contendership on Superstars!

Immediately following this match, The Smoking Gunns took on IRS/Bigelow. Ted Dibiase was at ringside, but Volkoff was not. Was he selling the loss to Doink earlier? Anyway, this match was not a dud by any means, but the match was not as well received as the match prior. The Smoking Gunns were dominated by Bam Bam Bigelow. IRS delivered the Write-Off to Bart Gunn, taking him out of the match. In the ring, Bigelow scored a huge Flying Headbutt to secure the victory. Captain Lou Albano was seen applauding the victory from the entrance way. The Headshrinkers lost their shot at tag team gold thanks to the Corporation, and yet Albano and his troops had not responded. Why?

Shawn Michaels proved tonight why he was one of the best in the business, when he put on a show with the Earthquake. Earthquake was never able to have a great match with such a lighter opponent, but they had a much better match than expected. Diesel stood outside, and refused to help Michaels when opportunity arose. The fans seemed to appreciate this, although Michaels did not. At one point, Michaels had just been powerslammed, and Diesel walked to the back. This team is in deep trouble. However, Earthquake missed his finish, and HBK won with a huge Crescent Kick. He looked around for Diesel, and when he found he was no longer there, he did not look pleased. The Steiners are taking on the team of Bam Bam and IRS to see who faces Diesel/HBK at In Your House!. With HBK and Diesel not on the same page, does this spell catastrophe for the champs?

A match of the night candidate was the next one on the card. Jeff Jarrett taking on Razor Ramon in a non-title match. Everyone is anticipating the huge title match at In Your House!, which is great, considering how Mr. Perfect was originally slated to be in the match. Although Double J was not happy about being overlooked, he has picked up the ball and run with it as far as he can. Tonight, Razor had the upper-hand the whole way, and it appeared he was ready to get the three count. The Roadie distracted the referee, and Double J caught Razor with a low blow. He then proceeded to roll Razor up, grab the tights, and got the three count! Jarrett and the Roadie had a very brief celebration, and then high-tailed it backstage. Just wait until Razor gets his hands on the country music stars! Regardless, it was a great match and we anticipate the Pay Per View match.

Tonight, Owen Hart let the world know he was not afraid of his brother Bret. He had scheduled a one on one, non-title fight tonight, in the main event! Today would be a preview of what will take place on Sunday! The crowd exploded at the thought of an encounter between the two, but the cheers quickly turned to boos once Owen emphasised the fact it would be a non-title fight. It seems nobody can wait until Bret gets a chance to win the title back.

For the second to last match, Lex Luger came out to a chorus of cheers, and a chant of "USA!". Instead of entering the ring, he joined Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect at the announce table. The official match taking place would be between "Sparky Plugg" Bob Holly and Lex's opponent at In Your House!, Crush! Lex Luger and Vince McMahon tried to help Holly get over, but Crush was so dominant in the match. Mr. Perfect took some jabs at Lex, but Lex told Perfect to knock it off. If it wasn't for Perfect at WrestleMania, Luger would be champ. Lex also said Perfect would get his when his leg was healthy. Perfect welcomed the challenge, and went back to bashing Bob Holly. The end of the match came when Crush locked Bob Holly in a Full Nelson, and Holly had to tapout. Crush shouted at Lex, telling him he will make him tapout at In Your House!, and he will end the dreams of millions of Luger's fans in the process! Luger told the world not to worry, as Crush was going to pay. Squash match, with some pretty decent storytelling to say the least.

At last, it was time for the main event. Bret "The Hitman" Hart came out to the biggest pop of the night, as he gave his shades to some lucky fan. Next, "The King of Harts" Owen Hart appeared to some of the loudest jeers in history! Was it because of Owen's antics the past few weeks? Or ... was it because he had Jim Neidhart with him? Bret did not look happy, and pleaded with the referee to let this be a fair one on one match. The referee reassured him no interference will take place. What did he know? As soon as Bret mounted some offense, Neidhart entered the ring and hammered Bret with a huge clothesline, earning Bret the victory by DQ. Owen did not seem phased, as they continued the onslaught. The British Bulldog was not in the building tonight! Within 5 minutes, Bret was left on his face, out cold, as the WWF Champion reigned supreme.

Overall Show Rating: 78%

superstars.png

Saturday Night Superstars Preview

September 17, 1994

More matches to be signed for In Your House!

The finals of the WWF Tag Team #1 Contendership to the titles will take place as The Steiners take on Corporation members, Bam Bam Bigelow and IRS!

The return of a huge WWF Superstar! A former world champion, perhaps?

Bret "The Hitman" Hart will take on Yokozuna in the main event!

News from wwf.png.com

WWF Superstar Fired

One half of the Men on a Mission, Moe, was fired on the spot after actions backstage. Moe was very outspoken due to being drunk, and insulted the wrong people. Some good news, however, is Moe has entered rehab to try and get his life back on track. Mabel is expected to continue solo.

Edited by Carparama

Nice diary. I love the concept and the hiring of younger stars may irk people who like to use people in the feds only, however this really fits in with the WWFs new younger generation era. As long as you resist pushing the youngsters to the top too soon it should be fine. It will also be interesting to see how quickly the Thrillseekers get over with the fans.

The two things I have done which I really consider mistakes was the hiring of Christian Cage and Amy Dumas. However, with Dumas, she was the only female wrestler in the scenario who really didn't suck. I'm considering dropping the titles just so I can keep some realism. With Christian Cage, it was a brain fart. I was thinking Jericho/Storm/Benoit, and instead grabbed Jericho/Storm/Cage.

But yeah. Hopefully I can recover.

I wouldn't let Cage/Dumas get to you too much. The overall quality of this diary is very good and It is a really good read. Like it has been said before, as long as they dont rise too quickly, it shouldnt be a problem

Shame to see half one of the men on a mission get stoned by Mo was never great.

Loved seeing Doink go over Volkoff. Long live the whoopie cushion!

The PPV looks hot with the matches grabbing my attention are the WWF Title Match and Razor vs. Double J. Neidhart/Smith should be a great match too so you've got no shortage of entertainment there.

Looking forward to seeing how this continues. Keep up the good work!

superstars.png

Saturday, September 17, 1994

"One Night Away"

It's the last show before the first In Your House! Pay Per View, and a lot would take place over the course of the night. Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect welcomed everyone to Superstars, but they did not get many words in as they were interrupted by ... Bob Backlund? Backlund got a decent pop from the crowd, and he did not smile. He walked into the ring, and quickly got the fans to turn on him. He asks them why he didn't get a bigger cheer? He's a world class wrestler who held the top title in the game for four years! Did Bret Hart do that? How about Randy Savage? After about 5 minutes of insulting the crowd, hyping himself up, and using many words nobody understood, Mr. Backlund (as he prefers to be called) said he will make his return to the WWF at In Your House!. He didn't know who he would face, but it didn't matter. Nobody was going to beat him in his return match.

Backstage, "The King of Harts" Owen Hart was discussing plans for In Your House! with his lackey, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. Owen tells Anvil how he better defeat the Bulldog, or he may have to find someone to replace him in the King's Court. Neidhart tells Owen not to worry, because the British Bulldog is out to injury. Almost on cue, Davey Boy Smith comes from behind to a huge roar from the crowd. He attacks the Anvil, and proceeds to beat the heck out of him. Notice how Owen does not help out? Referees split the two men up, and the Bulldog appears to be anything but injured!

In the ring, 1-2-3 Kid is usually the smaller wrestler in the match. Tonight was no exception, as he had to try and defeat the mammoth Mabel. 1-2-3 Kid came out strong, but Mabel quickly subdued him. Mabel was also using a barrage choke holds, which made Mabel seem somewhat like a different wrestler. After an absolutely huge powerslam, Mabel easily got the three count. After the match, Mabel began to leave the ring, but decided against it. He ran off the ropes, and delivered an absolutely huge big splash! 1-2-3 Kid was hurt, and the fans turned on Mabel. He got up, bounced off the ropes, and delivered another one! Finally, a horde of referees headed down to the ring, and tended to the fallen superstar. Mabel had a blank look on his face, and he left the ring. Talk about going from being loved, to being hated in under ten seconds.

Backstage, the image of Diesel was shown. He was walking backstage, alone, with his WWF Tag Team Title hung on his left shoulder. Something to note, is how loud the cheers were from the crowd. He seems to have gotten the respect he felt he deserved. Out of nowhere, Shawn Michaels came with his own tag team belt, and smacked Diesel in the back of the head. Diesel looked woozy, turned around, and met Shawn's foot facefirst. The Superkick knocked Diesel out, and Michaels proceeded to stomp on the big man for good measure. Shawn then took the tag title, threw it on Diesel's body, and told him he was done with the tag team gold. More importantly, Shawn was done with him.

Eight teams started off the tournament to determine who would face Shawn Michaels and Diesel at in Your House!, and now, we were down to two. The Steiner Brothers would now have to overcome The Corporation! As usual, Ted Dibiase and Nikolai Volkoff were at ringside. In a very competitive match, both teams proved they deserved to get where they were at the moment. However, the key point of the match was after Rick Steiner knocked IRS out with a shouldertackle. Nikolai Volkoff jumped on the ring apron, but suddenly the music of the Headshrinkers hit! The crowd erupted, and every member of the Corporation turned to look at the entrance way. Scott Steiner knocked Bigelow out of the ring, and Rick covered IRS for the victory! By the time Dibiase and Volkoff turned around, it was too late. The Steiners were going to face the tag champions at In Your House! The Steiners left the ring quickly, and celebrated. A question to ask, however, is what is going on between HBK and Diesel?

In the ring, Ludvig Borga awaited his opponent, Lex Luger. Lex's music hit, and the fans went wild! Luger hit the ring, and he looked to be ready on this night. Borga got absolutely no offense in, and Luger won the match in minutes. Ludvig Borga was obviously not prepared for the onslaught that occurred, but never the less, the match worked. Lex Luger celebrated, and raised his arms into the air, while standing on the second turnbuckle! However, from behind, came Crush. He hit Luger in the back, climbed the ropes behind him, and locked in a quick Full Nelson! Seconds later, Crush executed a sloppy Full Nelson Bomb, leaving Luger out. Crush received a barrage of insults and jeers from the fans, but the fact of the matter was simply that Crush had left Luger out cold on the mat, and he had the momentum going to In Your House!

Backstage, Razor Ramon was seen on the microphone. Mr. Backlund was over with the crowd, Shawn Michaels and Diesel got a huge reaction, but the reaction received for Razor was huge. When asked about Jeff Jarrett, The Roadie, and the match at In Your House, Razor was blunt and to the point. Yes, Jarrett needed the help of The Roadie to beat him last time. Yes, Jeff Jarrett got the three count. But at In Your House!, Razor Ramon, The Bad Guy, Oozin' Macheesmo, will be walking in as Intercontinental Champion, and walking out as Intercontinental Champion. He took out his toothpick, flicked it at the cameraman, and walked away to a huge ovation!

In the ring, WWF newcomer Fit Finlay had another challenge ahead of him. Doink the Clown had proved this month how he was a worthy competitor to anyone in the federation. Tatanka may be the only one who didn't think so. Doink and Finlay locked up, and the men went to work. Finlay used some heelish tactics to get over, but Doink would have none of it. Doink continued his winning streak with a huge bodyslam/Whoopie Cushion combination to win the match! Afterward, the entire Corporation hit the ring. Tatanka, Nikolai Volkoff, IRS, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Ted Dibiase surrounded the Clown. As they moved in, Doink proceeded to spray each member with water! It was only a temporary solution, however, as the masses swarmed him. Doink was completely decimated, and left to lay on the canvas floor. He was completely out.

Backstage, Ted Dibiase and his group were in smiles. An interviewer ran up to Dibiase and asked why they would do that to Doink. Dibiase received the loudest booing of the night for his response. To put it bluntly, The Corporation is his group. He makes the decisions, and he figured taking Doink out of the equation would be a good business move. Dibiase let everybody know that two more matches were just signed for In Your House!. Doink The Clown, if he could walk again, will take on Tatanka, while Bam Bam Bigelow and IRS will get their revenge against The Headshrinkers! Two more marvelous matches have been made!

In the ring, Jack Tunney had the WWF Tag Team titles, and was standing beside Scott and Rick Steiner. He proceeded to explain that the WWF Titles had been officially vacated, and he was ready to make a presentation. However, the music of Diesel hit, and he walked out to the ring. He shook hands with Scott and Rick, and looked Jack Tunney in the eye. He said Tunney had no right to vacate BOTH of the tag titles. Diesel had not made the same decision Shawn Michaels made. Also, Diesel doesn't recall Shawn having the right to vacate both titles. He looked at Scott, Rick and then to the fans, and made the bold statement: he will not give up his tag title without a fight. Jack Tunney started to apologize to Diesel, but Scott quickly took the microphone. He told everyone how he and his brother have respect for Diesel, and would not want to become the WWF Tag Team champions on a technicality. Scott said he would love to face Diesel for the titles. Jack Tunney agreed. At In Your House!, Diesel will face both Scott and Rick Steiner for the titles. If Diesel can find a partner, that will be fine. If not, he will have to face both men by himself! Will Diesel find a partner in such short notice? Or will he be out of luck?

In the main event, Bret "The Hitman" Hart would have to face Yokozuna in a grueling match-up. How Owen was able to get the night off, while Bret had to face a 500 pound monster, truly shows the pull the world champion has in the WWF. Bret did his best to keep the big man at bay, but soon "The King of Harts" was seen coming down the aisle. He was at ringside, and did everything he could to distract Bret from the task at hand. To make matters worse, Bret also had to worry about Mr. Fuji at ringside! Things did look good for Bret when "Macho Man" Randy Savage came down to the ring! Savage also tried to keep Owen from interfering. When a collision between the three men in the ring, Bret Hart, Yokozuna and ... the referee, Owen Hart jumped into the ring and attacked Bret. Randy Savage came into the ring, and soon there was a brawl! Savage and Yoko, Bret and Owen! When the referee came to, there was only one call to be made. The match had ended in a double disqualification! Loads of referees broke up the four men, with Yokozuna leaving on his own, with the guidance of Mr. Fuji. Nine huge matches were taking place at In Your House!, but none were bigger than Savage and Yoko, and the World Heavyweight Title match between Bret and Owen.

Overall Show Rating: 80%

Edited by Carparama

Guest doinktheclown

Wow, I'm really enjoying this diary, and not just because it features Doink the Clown. I really like the way the Owen-Bret feud's shaping up, and am looking forward to seeing In Your House.

Appreciate all the feedback.

Just so you guys know, there will be a mini-prediction contest for "In Your House!" where the winner will get to decide something somewhere down the line. The card is finalized.

The face will always be listed first, unless the heel is a champion. This is to ensure I don't give away who wins by the order in which the names appear.

Mr. Backlund VS ???

Doink the Clown VS Tatanka

The Headshrinkers VS Bam Bam Bigelow/IRS

British Bulldog VS Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

Diesel/??? VS The Steiner Brothers (For the WWF Tag Team Titles)

Lex Luger VS Crush

Razor Ramon © VS "Double J" Jeff Jarrett (For the WWF Intercontinental Title)

"Macho Man" Randy Savage VS Yokozuna

"The King of Harts" Owen Hart © VS Bret "The Hitman" Hart (For the WWF Heavyweight Title)

Edited by Carparama

THE PREDICTIONS:

Mr. Backlund VS ???

-Not sure if this match is going to be a squash or whether it's going to be a major debut so i'm going to side with Backlund. Looking forward to see where you are going with this..

Doink the Clown VS Tatanka

-Tough call with Tatanka looking good but as you are currently pushing Doink, i expect him to go over in this match...

The Headshrinkers VS Bam Bam Bigelow/IRS

- Was never a great Bam Bam fan so i'm hoping the Headshrinkers win but you never know lol

British Bulldog VS Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

Bulldog all the way. Neidhart is good but I dont think you can hold down Bulldog anymore! Give him the push he needs

Diesel/??? VS The Steiner Brothers (For the WWF Tag Team Titles)

-Diesel having the suprise partner equals the suprise package to see them overcome the Steiners. Then you need to fire Rick Steiner and get rid of that horrid wrestler once and for all lol

Lex Luger VS Crush

-Maybe its just me but Luger is > Crush

Razor Ramon © VS "Double J" Jeff Jarrett (For the WWF Intercontinental Title)

- Usually I'd go with Razor but I've got a feeling we're going to see a major swerve.....

"Macho Man" Randy Savage VS Yokozuna

- Savage still has some years on him and Yoko isn't looking that strong at the moment. Probable for a Savage win.

"The King of Harts" Owen Hart © VS Bret "The Hitman" Hart (For the WWF Heavyweight Title)

- Owen is looking great! I'd definately be happy to see him with the title for longer but like I told you on msn, I've got a feeling that we're gonig to see a Hitman win here! dont ask why lol!

Edited by DaveKOTW